Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Kingmaker

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Bold and just adventurers exploring and settling the Stolen Lands.
Now at the beginning of vol. 4 - Blood for Blood


3,051 to 3,100 of 5,835 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

The dashed line route that you laid out for us looks perfect. Thanks!

Seeing the landscape below, Kalsgrim asks the others Let's take a closer look at that area. They may be threats to future settlers that we can deal with. Or valuables we can use for our barony's prosperity. Do any of you need to take time to adjust the spells available to you before we go?


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"Oh great. More demon dogs to deal with." Kriger just shakes his head and then shrugs, "Oh well. Something else for me to kill!" He smiles wickedly as he tests his axe with his thumb; cutting himself again. Quite pleased with the sharpness of it, "I'm ready when y'all are."


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp

"Filthy beasts, where are the real monsters?" Davor groans as he holds his weapon up high, preparing for the oncoming attack.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

As you approach closer, the pungent smell of rotten eggs gets stronger and stronger. The source seems to be a pool of dark grey mud located in a narrower path between two hills. Around the pools are numerous mounds of giant fungi, some of which seem to be 20 feet high.

To go further, you would need to leave your horses and walk in pairs through the treacherous rocks. Also, the smell is quite noxious and could be incapacitating nearer the pool.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Kriger just stares at the obstacle in front of them as he dismounts. "Well, this stinks." A smile forms as he realizes the pun. "HA! HA! Get it! 'Stinks!'" He winks and elbows Davor as he gets a kick out of his own joke; not really paying any mind to the fact the he(or no one else)is laughing.

"Alright, fellas. We're gonna need to cover our noses or do something to battle the smell. That stench is bad enough to nearly kill us, I would guess." As he grabs his gear off the horse, "So how are we gonna run this after we can figure out a way to possibly kill the smell? Looks as if we can move through there two at a time. Unless you fellas would prefer single file? Either way, I'll take point."

Survival: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 2 = 17

Perception: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22

Knowledge: Nature(On the fungi, maybe?) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

+2 is for Fav. terrain if applicable

Well that stinks.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

From this distance, you don't see any movement. Kriger knows that some rare fungi are valuable, especially for the right buyer, if one knows enough on how to pick them...


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Well, that wouldn't be me that knows how to properly pick them. If no one thinks they can do it, we can mark the place on the map and send someone later.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

I'm not sure I see much value in going into the fungi there. Does anybody else?

How big is this area, the fungi and the pool? Are we talking a 10' pool and a couple does trunks of fungi, or a pool hundreds of feet across and a fungi forest?


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"We sure don't want to trudge on in there and ruin it all, that's for sure. It's possible it could be worth some coin for the right buyer. We're definitely could use coin seeing how we got this new land to protect. 'Course, you're gonna need someone who could collect it properly," he says as he scratches the back of his head. "So, in answer to your question Kals, if there's a way to go around, I say we do that."


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The pool is 20 feet wide, and the area around is about150 feet, in a narrow defile between two hills.


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp

Davor studies the pool of fungi, not sure what to make of what he sees:

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"I might attempt to collect this, if you'll let me try?" he looks back to the group, kneeling down beside this pool and looking in.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Before Davor, goes in, Kalsgrim will say Why don't we tie a rope around your waist. That way if the fumes overtakeyou, we can drag you out.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Reminder: the pool is about 80 feet from where you stand. Davor gets a rope around his waist and approaches. The fumes are thick and he feels his stomach opposing his decision.

Davor, Fortitude save please.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

To keep us going, I'm going to take the liberty to roll for Davor.

Fort Save 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

That looks like a pretty good roll.

Assuming Davor starting coughing and gagging but doesn't succumb to the fumes, Kalsgrim will call out It's not worth it, Davor! We can come back for this stuff when we are better equipped to deal with the odors.

Assuming Davor returns to the group, we'll head out again, keeping a leary eye out for any residents of the strange pool that might be alarmed by our presence. Kalsgrim again looks to Kriger to lead them forward.

As they move on, Kalsgrim thinks aloud We need to hire a cartographer for Friedland. Or perhaps one of us can pick up the skills necessary. It would be good to use to warn new migrants to our land of hazards like this, and useful in defense as well.


AC 24 (25) HP 30/30 AP 8/8

"Yes let's keep going". "Why do we want to go on that swampy, hot mess anyway". "Let's find something more hospitable".


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

At the end of the day, the group reaches a large lake. It is probably linked to Tuskwater Lake. The night goes withou incident.

As the dawn comes, the air is clear and the sky is without a cloud. The ground is covered with a frosty layer that disappears slowly as the sunrays touch it. Your breath condenses in front of your mouth during breakfast. No doubt, Winter is coming.

You can either follow the coast north or south, or if you have a way, travel on the lake.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Kriger breathes so as to see his breath. "HA! HA! I love this time of the year! Gets the old blood flowing!" Clapping his hands and rubbing them together, "Alright, which way fellas? Nevermind, I say we go south. Any objections?"


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Kalsgrim nods in agreement at Kriger's suggestion of south. I trust your judgment Kriger, south it is... His gaze falls to the others, the unspoken question in the look is if they have a desire for another direction. If no one speaks up with another suggestion, south it is.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

You follow the body of water south. The views from some of the hills allow you to determine that it is a lake separated from Tuskwater Lake. An island sits in its center, forming a low brown hill with a lone ruined tower on top.

Soon, you reach yet another river, widening as it reaches the lake. Either you attempt a risky crossing or move upstream to try and find a ford.

Updated Map of the Greenbelt.
Knowledge (geography) please.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Know: Geography: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

This is Candlemere Lake, Island and Castle. The river is the Shrike, extending through the two lakes in a wide half-circle.

Knowledge (local)?


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Wow!


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The area of Candlemere Lake, and the Island in particular, is rumored to be haunted. Hunters and fishermen have reported strange lights floating around the ruined tower and above the lake.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Servayn recounts this flash of memory, perhaps something that stuck in his head due to recent obsessions with the wisp creature they met in the recent past.

"This area, and the island especially, is said to be haunted, with reports of floating lights around the tower and above the lake. This may be where that horrid wisp creature originally came from, and has returned to. Did we not hear that it appears to have headed south, during our last mapping expedition?"

Catching up to it after losing our arcanist, the only one who could reliably hurt it, would be less than ideal, but you play the hand you're dealt!


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Kalsgrim stares at the island with a hungry look in his eyes. Do you think we could find a boat to get out there?


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

A boat! My kingdom for a boat!


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Man! Tearing up some knowledge checks, aren't we?! Now if only we can pull some rolls like that in combat. :P

Kriger looks across at the island as he responds, "Aye. That's what we heard. And as far as a boat, I don't know. If not, we all better grow wings or something, 'cause swimming across is more than likely guaranteed to get us all killed."


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp

Damn, if only we had a feather token boat.

Davor looks at this lake and shakes his head.
I have no magic to cross this water. he looks back to the group ifanyone has a better suggestion. I do not wish to swim in this lake neither.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Kalsgrim grimaces. Then perhaps we should move on for now. When we get back to Providence, we can make arrangements to bring a boat, or other means to cross. Kalsgrim stares off at the island a few moments more before finally breaking off his trance. Okay, let's make some more distance for the day. Kriger?

I believe we can go a little further south to reach the farthest extent of our manadate, then turn east. Does that sound good?


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The way south is blocked by the river. You'd need to follow it to try to find a ford.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"You got it, Kals." Kriger takes his usual spot up front, scouting the area in front of them.

Will roll if necessary for whatever reason.

Survival: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 = 25

Perception: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The Greenbelt, 19th of Neth, 4710

You proceed south then east as you follow the Shrike River. You ride for a day until you reach an old pair of buildings set around a ruined pier. At this point, it seems the river forks away from the one you identify as the Little Selen. It doesn't seem possible to cross without a boat, but the area seems ideal as you can cross both rivers in one spot.

As you investigate, you can tell from the filth and the scratches on the walls that mites, kobolds and trolls have used these for refuge.

You are below the boundary of your mandate at the moment.

Map of the Greenbelt


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"Well, let's see what these ol' buildings have in store for us, huh?" Kriger dismounts as he goes to investigate the buildings.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26

To notice or hear any sign of movement within. Once he gets close enough, that is. And if there are windows, he'll look through them before going through the door. Assuming there is a door.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The buildings are ruined and abandoned, though you can tell they are used as a refuge from time to time.

The foundations are still usable and could save some time if one were to build something here.

It's actually nice to get away from the cold Neth wind.


AC 24 (25) HP 30/30 AP 8/8

"This seems to be as good of a place as any to cross". "We could keep walking forever, but it seems we need to be on the other side". "Do you think we could piece together a raft from the ruins, and maybe paddle our way across either the lake or the river"?


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Applicable knowledge or craft?


AC 24 (25) HP 30/30 AP 8/8
Other Mastermind wrote:
Applicable knowledge or craft?

How wide is the crossing, and how swift the current? I've got an idea to get across if neither are too formidable.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"We could if one of us knows how to build a boat." He looks around at the others. "Otherwise, we could probably turn it into something useful for this kingdom of ours. I don't know, I'm just the fella trying to keep an eye on the baddies before they keep the pointy in of a sword in me." He smiles and winks. "What's it gonna be fellas? It appears we are going nowhere fast. We can only go so far south and the river tends to block our every way. Unless we can find some way to cross this river, I say it's time to head on back."


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The crossing looks like 50 feet across, with a slow current at this time of year. From thebanks, you can guess it must be quite different in the Spring.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

[b]It seems like we need to hire a cartographer and a shipwright for our barony. Kalsgrim looks ready to continue along the river looking for another ford.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be willing to go along. Just keep in mind that water is likely to be cold.


Male Daytona 500 DM / 12

"I have a potion that will allow flight for a brief period". "Maybe our strongest person could fly over with some rope. "We could then make flotation devices, and use the rope to cross over". "We could then pull our gear across on the same small rafts.".


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"So you want one of us to fly over there with a rope?" He thinks on it a minute. "So we use the rope to cross over, and then use it to pull our gear over. Which means the last person across would be the one to tie our gear down." He asks as another thought then crosses his mind. "Okay, now, you wouldn't happen to have a couple of those, would you? 'Cause I'm wondering how we get back across? Unless the plan is not to get back across." As he looks around at them, he catches the horses out of the corner of his eye and a new issue forms. "And what about the horses? We can't just leave 'em."


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Kalsgrim nods in agreement with Kriger. If it weren't for the horses, I could see that working. We'll have to continue to follow the river, I suppose, looking for a more manageable ford.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2
Other Mastermind wrote:

The Greenbelt, 19th of Neth, 4710

You proceed south then east as you follow the Shrike River. You ride for a day until you reach an old pair of buildings set around a ruined pier. At this point, it seems the river forks away from the one you identify as the Little Selen. It doesn't seem possible to cross without a boat, but the area seems ideal as you can cross both rivers in one spot.

Is it safe to assume that it is now nighttime? Or just getting close to it?


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Yes, time to camp. A reminder, you're one hex south of your charter's limit.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"Time to rest up, fellas. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit more successful." Kriger then begins to help set up camp.

Survival: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 = 36

Perception: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 = 32

You know, there's no way this happens in combat! Are you kidding me?! Why do have this fantastic feeling that these rolls are going to be moot? :p

Being one hex south of our charter; what are the ramifications of that?


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

You'll find out if you keep exploring...

Kriger finds the optimal spot to set up camp. Sheltered, but with good views on the area surrounding. Even the horses get a good break and find a few good spots to chew on the herbal fat of the land.

Secret Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 53

The night goes without a sign of trouble, and you even get a warm break in the morning, as the sun shines brightly and the usual cold wind seem to have taken a break for a few hours.

Ok, where to next? Please check the OOC thread.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

"We need to get back to the lands within our charter, I think, as well as get back to the town, to ensure that not all has gone to hell in our time away." Servayn says, as they begin to pack up for the day's travel.

"As tempting as it may be to run away from our attempts thus far at leadership and commerce, I think this land has enough wandering bands of rootless sorts, without us joining them..."


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

THAT is what I was afraid you say.

"It does feel we are beating a dead horse out here. Alright, let's pack up and get back. Hopefully we don't return to a burned down kingdom within the span of a day."


AC 24 (25) HP 30/30 AP 8/8

"I feel more like a gypsy than an explorer".

3,051 to 3,100 of 5,835 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SdF's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.