Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Kingdom Building for Beginners (Inactive)

Game Master robertness


51 to 100 of 620 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Elemental Sorceror 1 (HP 2/7)

With a warm smile Shix looks at Najara "Thank you Najara, your concern for my well being really warms my heart, but do not fear for my safety, if things turn sour, rest assured I am fully capable of defending myself."


Male Human Ranger/1; HP 9/11; AC 15/12/13; Init +2

"Alright fire mage. If you're going to negotiate the bandit's surrender then it's your show. Where do you want us in case things get violent?"

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Elemental Sorceror 1 (HP 2/7)

"Combat strategy's aren't really my forte sir Gordom, I am just here to protect this these wonderful peoples home and to try to stop this confrontation from getting violent."

ooc:
I think the best strategy would be to lure them to the tables/firepit while we position people near the gate to close it in a hurry if things get hairy.


female Human Rogue (1)-AC 15 FF 12-Ini+3-BaB+0 (+3 ranged)- Ref+5 Fort +1 Will+2 -

With a smile, the young redhead says

Next time you call me "city girl", Gordom, I'll kiss you to shut you up.
My name is Vivian, it surely ain't too hard to remember.
So our hot friend here will do the talk? I didn't noticed if the doors from the outpost open in the inside or on the outside. If they open on the inside, behind would be a perfect place to hide.
Could your.. big cat hide into one of the pit? It would cover its smell so the horses won't spot it that easily. I guess horses can smell a predator, no? Even in the city we know that...

she winks to Gordom


Male Human (Shoanti) Druid (Lion Shaman) 1

Andar shrugs. "Certainly, Firemane can hide in one of the pits... But he does not smell very strongly. Horses usually do not smell predators, since they are not wild animals, but why not."

Drinking moderately, Andar smiles. "This is getting off to a great start. Can't wait to see the looks on their faces when we get out of hiding... He he he."


Perception DC15:
After Vivian threatens to shut up Gordom, Svetlana giggles softly. "Bet he calls her 'city girl' just for the kiss," she says under her breath.

"Da bandits have been armed," Oleg tells Najara. "With bows and short swords. Except for Happs, der boss. He yust has a bow, but it's a big nasty one and he carries it like he's used it a lot. I dink he's da only one wit experience. Him and da woman."

Oleg looks at Shix and says, "Dey're a shifty bunch, friend gnome. As soon as dey see you, dey'll guess sometin's up. You may want to hide till your friends close da gate."

Important post coming to the discussion thread. Don't forget to check it out.


Male Human Ranger/1; HP 9/11; AC 15/12/13; Init +2

Is that girl flirting with me? At Vivian's remark Gordom seems surprised and uncomfortable but also a little flattered. It's obvious he isn't used to such behaviour.

Perception to hear svetlana:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

However, he perks right up when the subject of horses is brought up; a subject he knows and loves.
"Actually, Andarr, Horses have an excellent sense of smell. I've been able to track down many of my more elusive prey by having Boer follow the trail. However, Firemane should be fine as long as he stays near the rear of the encampment."
ooc: @Andarr:
Horses do have the scent ability and it is something I hope to make use of with my horse later in the campaign. Part of that ability is being able to recognize familiar scents. Basically, if the horse has ever smelled a firepelt before and it gets within 30ft of Firemane it will know that a big, vicious cat is somewhere nearby. But Oleg's is big enough that your Firepelt could easily hide outside of the 30ft range until things turned ugly.

"We still need to figure out the rest of our strategy though. I'm best with a bow, but not too shabby with mace and spear, so I can be one of those needed to close the gate."


female Human Rogue (1)-AC 15 FF 12-Ini+3-BaB+0 (+3 ranged)- Ref+5 Fort +1 Will+2 -

Perception to hear

Spoiler:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

i'd like to taste this berry wine, please...it will be perfect to end this meal! Our gracious hosts may think tonight that they were lucky to find us, but they are mistaken: we're the lucky one! Can't eat more of this delicious stew, Svetlana...

Vivian gives a warm smile to their cook and her husband and then whispers to her

So far, you've lost your bet, but the evening hasnt ended yet!

The young redhead winks


The next morning as they wait for the bandits, Oleg paces back and forth in front of the storage pen. No stealth attempt. Location 12,12 (Should be in front of door to A4.)

Meanwhile, Svetlana hides nervously among the crates in the stockroom. Everything will be all right, she reassures herself. She clutches a dagger, just in case. Stealth 1d20 ⇒ 2 Location 18,22 (the room north of A9.)


Male Gnome Earth Oracle AC18, F+2,R+2,W+3, Init+2

Feeling a bit uncomfortable with the preparions for what is surely going to be a bloody battle, Juwwem has a hard time calming himself. "I need to make sure Oleg won't get hurt, he'll be in the open and probably an obvious target for angry bandits" Juwwem thinks.

Hide at 13,13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 (in room A4, will ready Sanctuary as soon as he hears horses appear. He'll cast it on Oleg when he flees from any bandits. If that isn't possible, he'll cast it on himself.


female Human Rogue (1)-AC 15 FF 12-Ini+3-BaB+0 (+3 ranged)- Ref+5 Fort +1 Will+2 -

I just want to say that maybe it's not that good an idea to try to talk with theses bandits, because it will spoil the element of surprise: if Oleg and his wife found a talkative gnome to speak for them, maybe they would think the gnome isn't alone....Here's your berry juice, Oleg! we need to think clear tomorrow...

Viavian gives back the jug to their host and after the very good meal-which Vivian insisted to pay for- a good bath, with some quite warm water- unfortunatly, Najara didn't want to use the bath after Vivian, for her own reasons-and a good night's rest, the young "City girl" waited for their foes to come. A good hour before their arrival, Vivian was rehearsing the ambush, trying to help her new friends to hide themselves, trying to give herself the point of view from mounted bandits and seeing if they were easily spotted.
Then she checked the great outside door, to see how easily (or hardly) it closed, how long it takes for Naraja and her to close it, if possible silently.
She will hide behind the open doors, according to the plan.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Elemental Sorceror 1 (HP 2/7)

Shix will be waiting with Oleg in the open with oleg. As soon as he hears the bandits approach he will cast mage armour cast on himself.

Perception to hear them.
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

As he waits Shix can't seem to decide wether he wants to wait on the bench or stand on the ground.....or maybe stand on the bench. He eventually just leans against the benches seat and takes a quick belt from his flask, then immediately spits it out muttering something about it not being ready yet as he wipes his mouth with his sleeve. He then just starts to nervously tug at his goatee until he hears the bandits.


Male Human Ranger/1; HP 9/11; AC 15/12/13; Init +2

Gordom takes up position behind the left hand door (3,12).
Vivian's circumstance bonus to my stealth roll makes my 6 an 11.


Male Human (Shoanti) Druid (Lion Shaman) 1

I agree with Vivian... I say we should just ambush them and be done with it... We are wasting the advantage of surprise on the off-chance that this vermin will be willing to negotiate with us. This will end in violence anyway...

Andar sighs. He methodially checks his weapon and armor, readying himself for the fight, and prays to his ancestors, in case he does not make it tomorrow.

Guess we'll see...

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Stealth check for me.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Stealth check for Firemane.


Female Human Inquisitor/1

Najara retired for the night opting not to partake of any wine. Sharing a room with her young new acquaintance was a peculiar experience and reminded her of how fortunate she was to have her own quarters at the temple.

Early the following day, she joined Vivian in testing out the front door of the fort. With a solid heave, the barricade moved with relative ease. ”Looks like it should work. Just put your weight into it.”, she stated with confidence and then placed a reassuring hand on Vivian’s shoulder. ”Good luck, if you believe in that. May Abadar see you to fortune.”

Departing from the gates, Najara takes up position just out of sight with Andarr.

Najara will be positioned at (9,16).

1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 5 = 22 Stealth check. Included +5 from Vivian.


female Human Rogue (1)-AC 15 FF 12-Ini+3-BaB+0 (+3 ranged)- Ref+5 Fort +1 Will+2 -

Sorry for the bath thing last evening, I couldn't help but notice how you looked unconfortable about it.. or was it about me? Well, at least it helped me to relax and to sleep well. I almost forgot how good a real bed was, with this long travel.

Vivian giggles and places herself behind her door

why do you tell me to put my weight in it? Do you mean I'm fat? I believe in Fate, it's not the same thing...

Stealth skill 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 5 = 17


Shix hears a group of horsemen approaching. Glancing at the sun, he figures the bandits are arriving on time so he casts the spell and is surrounded in a shimmering magic force field.

Shix barely has time to hide if he wants before the bandits ride into view.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Elemental Sorceror 1 (HP 2/7)

Shix isn't going to hide. He's going to try to calm Oleg down before the bandits come into view.

"Now, now, Oleg we must remain calm, one way or another this ends today."


Six mounted men approach the trading post. The leader notices Shix standing with Oleg and he signals his companions. They stop just outside the gates. The leader says a few words to the rider next to him and then the men enter the stockade.

The leader rides right up to Oleg and says, "Good morning, Oleg! I hope your wife has some breakfast ready for me and the boys."

The other riders spread out in the stockade.

Situation map

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Elemental Sorceror 1 (HP 2/7)

Before Oleg has a chance to answer I step in front of him with my hand outstretched towards the bandit leader as if to shake his.

"Greetings sir, I'm Shix Firley, Svetlana made some delicious berry tarts this morning, I would highly recommend them. In any case I'm here to negotiate an agreement between you and Mr. Oleg here this morning."


"Negotiate? We're not here to negotiate," the leader says. "We just wanted to stop for a few minutes and grab a bite to eat. Berry tarts do sound tasty."

"Berry tarts," Oleg mutters. "What are they talking about?"

"Hey, Rolo!" The leader shouts to the man nearest the house, "Why don't you and Phin go inside and help Svetlana bring the tarts out?"

"Sure thing, boss!" Two of the riders head towards the house.

Perception - Bandits1d20 ⇒ 20

"Hey, Happs!" One of the bandits shouts, "Looks like Oleg's has lots of company today." Two of the bandits start riding towards the doors.

Updated situation map.

Leader - Bluff 1d20 ⇒ 13 Shix: DC for Negotiation

Updated updated situation map. Thanks, Lynn! I had to move Andarr so you weren't in the same square. Makes sense for him to be near his trusty kitty.


Male Human (Shoanti) Druid (Lion Shaman) 1

"So much for negotiation..."

Andar comes out, weapons drawn.

"I strongly suggest you forget about tarts. And especially about Svetlana, you scumbags. Or I will gut you all, and feed you to Firemane, here."

Firemane roars. And Andar moves to block the door to A6. If one of the bandits tries to somehow block him, he initiates combat.

IF combat starts, I'll already have a few rolls ready... My tactics would be for Firemane and Andar to flank the same bandit if possible, of course (Firemane is still just a medium cat, not a large one...)

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Initiative for Andar
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Initiative for Firemane
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Attack roll for Andar-eventually add +2 if flanking
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Attack roll for FM-eventually add +2 if flanking
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Damage roll for Andar
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Damage roll for Firemane


female Human Rogue (1)-AC 15 FF 12-Ini+3-BaB+0 (+3 ranged)- Ref+5 Fort +1 Will+2 -

Naj, follow me!

Seeing how the plan went horribly wrong, Vivian darts to the right,speeding to run around the small wooden building and to catch the bandits before they reach Svetlana

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Elemental Sorceror 1 (HP 2/7)

First off sense motive on the "leader" to see if he's lying of trying to deceive us. 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Turning quickly to Oleg Shix asks "These are the men we talked about before, right?"

Since it looks like were going into combat anyway I may as well roll initiative. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Human Ranger/1; HP 9/11; AC 15/12/13; Init +2

"No Shix, this is probably some other group of heavily armed men. It's coincidence that they showed up just when Oleg said the bandits usually do!" Gordom's shouting is thick with sarcasm and frustration.
I can't believe we went with this stupid plan to try and TALK to a bunch of thugs! And know no one even wants to stick to THAT plan! Well, I'm not getting killed for this bunch of fools!
Gordom backs away from the door, leaving it to hang open, trying to get to a more defensible position.

Initiative Roll:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

If Gordom is able to go before the bandit headed his way, he's going to move to square (4,8) and climb up the ladder to square (5,8) before drawing his bow (That should all be doable n one round). If he isn't able to act before a Bandit closes in on him, he draws the appropriate melee weapon (Spear if they are at reach, mace if they are adjacent) and aims for the horse.
attack against horse:
My bonus to attacks is the same with both weapons, a modified +5 (favored enemy). The only difference is the spear does one more point of damage for a higher strength bonus for two handed weapons.
Attack roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage if hit: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Add one to damage if I'm using my spear.


Since Andarr attacked, we've gone into combat mode. All of you gets one free action then we'll check for initiative.

To set up a flank attack, Andarr and Firemane rush at Happs. Both of their attacks hit and Happs is seriously wounded, but still fighting.

Gordom sprints for the ladder and climbs up it. He looses an arrow at the approaching bandit's horse, hitting it in the shoulder. The horse rears and whinies. Riding for bandit to stay mounted 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 The bandit falls from his horse landing on his rump with a loud thud. That's the bandit at 5,14 dismounted.

Per his previously stated plan, Juwwem casts Sanctuary on Oleg.

I'm a little confused by Vivian's action. When Naj corrected her position, I didn't assume that included Vivian as well. Since Gordom says he's leaving the doors open, Vivian still has a chance to head to the bandits in the house. There is a bandit she has to get past to get there. Take a look at the map and let me know what you want to do.

I'll need clarification of Vivian's intention for her free action and free actions from Shix and Najara before we go into initiative.

Updated battle map.


female Human Rogue (1)-AC 15 FF 12-Ini+3-BaB+0 (+3 ranged)- Ref+5 Fort +1 Will+2 -

Vivian tries to use the few seconds of surprise left to run past the first bandit shouting

BEWARE ON YOUR LEFT!

Spoiler:
Bluff 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

and dashing to the right to defend Svetlana in the house, unsheating her short sword


Will Check for bandit that Vivian runs past 1d20 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (9) - 1 - 5 = 3

Vivian dashes past the confused bandit and makes her way to the tables in the courtyard. She sees two men ahead of her getting off their horses and readying to enter the house.


Female Human Inquisitor/1

Najara frowned. The morning was not going as planned which Najara felt was simple enough. Just as she feared, Shix waffled on his confrontation with the bandits and now chaos has erupted. If you want something done right…next time she would insist on doing the talking.

Weapon in hand, she darted after Andarr to join the fray and salvage what was left of the plan.

Moving to (11,12) and attacking unarmed the leader.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Initiative.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Attack Roll against Bandit Leader. Does Najara get flanking on this?
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Uarmed, non-leathal damage.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Free Intimidate/Demoralize check if Najara hits.


Yes, Najara got flanking. Which let her connect in this case. :)

The inquisitor rushes up to the bandit leader morningstar in hand... Then casually punches him in the jaw. Taken aback by this bold move, Happs will be shaken for the next two rounds.

Just need Shix's "free" action, then we'll check for initiative.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Elemental Sorceror 1 (HP 2/7)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "free" action, do you mean as in the game term "free action" or like a surprise round action?

Shix looks thoroughly disapointed. "Impatient fools" he thinks to himself as he draws his dagger and goes on the defense. (Full defense)


Sorry, forgot there is a game term free action, I meant surprise round. Now let's see if I can find everyone's Initiative Rolls.
Najara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Gordom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Shix: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Andarr: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Firemane: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
I'll roll for everyone who hasn't already:
Juwwem: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Vivian: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Happs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Bandits: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Oleg: 1d20 ⇒ 16

That gives us the following turn order:
Bandits (technically tied with Andarr, but I want to get their action out of the way so we can minimize the amount of time people wait on me.)
Andarr
Juwwem
Happs (who is "Shocked" -2 to attacks, etc.)
Najara
Oleg
Vivian
Shix
Gordom
Firemane

Man, that's a lot of combatants. ;) I'll have the bandits' action up soon.


The bandit at 5,14 (whom we'll call Bandit 1) fell out of his saddle after Gordom shot his horse. He's spending the turn getting back on his feet.

The bandit that Vivian ran past (whom we'll call Bandit 2) says, "Hey! Get back here!" And rides after her. When he gets next to Vivian, he will attempt to grab her. This is a Grapple attack which provokes an Attack of Opportunity. Since she has her sword at the ready, I'll assume that Vivian takes the attack.
Vivian's attack roll 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Bandit's grapple attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 4 = 9 (-4 for not having both hands free for the grapple.)

The bandit fails to grab Vivian and gets stabbed in the arm for his troubles.

Bandit 3, the one next to Shix, swings at the gnome with his shortsword. Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
The bandit swings at Shix, but his blow is deflected by the Mage Armor.

The bandit Happs called Rolo busts open the door and goes inside looking for Svetlana.

The last bandit, Phin, leaps on the table and shoots at Firemane Attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 4 = 18 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8 The arrow finds its target in Firemane's flank and the cat yowls.

Map after bandits move.

Andarr and Juwwem get to act before I have to deal with more NPCs.


Male Human (Shoanti) Druid (Lion Shaman) 1

Ok.

ooc: Talking is not an action right? ^^

"You..." He points at Phin. "You, SWINE! How dare you fire an arrow at Firemane? I shall make sure you rejoin your ancestors very soon, but not before Firemane has had some fun with you!"

"As for you!" He turns to the beleaguered Happs. "You will regret the day you infringed upon the tranquil serenity of this trading post, and hurt Oleg and Svetlana..." Andarr swings his scimitar in a deadly arc, trying to put Happs out of his misery.

ooc: And by out of his misery I mean into the negatives... If he falls, I'll then use heal to stabilize him next round. IF Happs falls before Initiative 5 (rather likely) I order Firemane to go for the Bandit that is looking for Svetlana (He has a speed of 40 ft so he should make it in one round...). If Happs is still standing, Firemane instead does a full attack on him.

On for the rolls:

Attack roll for Andarr against Happs (he is flanked, right? Looks like it on the map...): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage roll if he hits: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Attack rolls for Firemane (Just use the first one if he only gets one attack due to moving to intercept the bandit looking for Svetlana, otherwise use all three against Happs, and add a +2 bonus for flanking him): Bite 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 1st Claw 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 2nd Claw 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
His damage rolls: Bite 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 1st Claw 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Second Claw 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Yes, taunting your opponents, witty repartee, and so on is not an action. You don't even have to wait your turn. It's only an action if you're going to combine it with a Skill like Intimidate or Diplomacy to change what the opponent is up to.

Andarr swings his scimitar at Happs with deadly force, but fails to hit.

Meanwhile, Gordom looks again at the bandit who fell off his horse. Must have been a trick of the light on the cloudy morning or the stress of battle. Gordom thought the horse reared because he'd hit it. But the pool of blood oozing under the unconscious bandit and the arrow sticking from his side clearly shows where the arrow landed.
"Bandit 1" doesn't spend his turn getting up, but has to roll to avoid dying instead. 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 2 = 4 The bandit is loosing blood.

Potential Crit against Firemane Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 4 = 11 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7 The bandit didn't convert the crit.

Juwwem, let me know if you're holding until the door's cleared for your action.


Happs pulls a flask from his pouch and gives Najara a wicked grin. "Since I'm going to burn in Hell," he growls. "We may as well all burn here." He tosses a flask of Alchemist's fire at Najara. Attack Roll (touch attack): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The flask falls at Najara's feet. The alchemical flames spread out. Najara, Andarr, Oleg, and Happs all take 1 Hit Point of damage. The wall of the storage pen behind Najara starts burning.


Male Gnome Earth Oracle AC18, F+2,R+2,W+3, Init+2

While waiting inside, Juwwem is shocked by the amount of shouting, running people, the sound of hooves and the idea that there's blood being spilled. He looks outside and sees the bandit leader almost surrounded by his companions and is taking a beating. Juwwem speaks out:

"Fru'c fedr Svetlana? Fa vunkud du bnudald Svetlana!"

If you understand Terran:

"Who's with Svetlana? We forgot to protect Svetlana!"

Since the fight started, Juwwem had no idea what everyone was saying but one of the last things he heard was that one of the bandits was going to look for Svetlana, and that was bad news. And now there was fire. FIRE!. Juwwem softly murmurs something and makes a small gesture with his fingers. Then with all the speed he can muster he runs outside, tries to slip past Oleg and heads for Svetlana hoping he won't get hit on the way.

ooc:
Cast Create Water on area on fire hoping to stop the fire or lessen it, allies and shed have the priority, then move to 12,14 (that's 20ft from where I am if I go to Svetlana right?)


Juwwem's quick action creates enough water to quench the flames. Then he dashes out the door and past Oleg.

Normally, Happs would get an Attack of Opportunity as Juwwem left an adjacent square, but he's got way too much on his mind to deal with the gnome. He reaches the square mentioned in the spoiler.


Female Human Inquisitor/1

”At least we all agree on where you will be going, criminal scum!”, Najara led with her words followed with another unarmed swipe.

OOC:
Remaining where I am at and attacking unarmed again.
1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6 Attack Roll. With flanking.
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Uarmed, non-leathal damage.


female Human Rogue (1)-AC 15 FF 12-Ini+3-BaB+0 (+3 ranged)- Ref+5 Fort +1 Will+2 -

Vivian was caught between her desire to save Svetlana and her need to stay alive to be of any help. Quick thinking , she tries to push her blade into the horse flanck, in the hope it will dismount its rider and give her the time she so desperatly needed. What was an animal wound against a human life?
Sorry for that, horsy....

Spoiler:
attack roll 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 DMG 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


"Heh!" Happs says as he dodges Najara's fist. "You're a feisty one. It'll be fun beating that out of you. Think I'll let you watch us have our fun with Svetlana first."

Bluff Roll, Happs: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Sense Motive better than Happs' Bluff:
You realize that Happs doesn't think he can intimidate Najara with his bluster. His audience is probably the other bandits.

"You'll never lay your dirty hands on my wife!" Oleg yells as he thrusts his dagger at Happs. Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 20 Damage1d4 ⇒ 1 Crit Confirmation 1d20 ⇒ 7 Damage1d4 ⇒ 2 Oleg pricks Happs' hand with his dagger. It's a minor wound, but it shouldn't take much more to knock Happs out of the fight.

Vivian takes a wild slash at the horse, but misses as the horse nervously shies from the blade. Riding roll for Bandit to keep his seat]1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 The bandit stays in the saddle, but the horse is backing away from the redhead.

Initiative order: Shix, Gordom, Firemane, then Bandits will start the new round.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Elemental Sorceror 1 (HP 2/7)

Hearing the remark from Happs Shix now knows their true intention. "No one touches the Svetlana" He says evenly with a look of grim determination.

He then 5 foot steps diagnoly to the up and left. (12,14)?
Then uses burning hands pointing where he was just standing, hitting the 2 bandits in the 15 foot cone.

Burning hands: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 Reflex DC 16 for half damage.


Slight problem with that is Juwwem is standing in 12,14, but he had enough movement by my count to move one more square. Since his intent was to get as close to Svetlana as possible, we'll place Juwwem at 12,15. I was hoping to avoid map updates until all the PCs turns were done.

Reflex Bandit 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7; Reflex Bandit 3's Horse: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12; Reflex Phin (bandit on the table): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 (Toasty)

Ribbons of flame stream from Shix's fingers. Two of the bandits are badly burned. The horse one of the bandits is riding is also caught in the flames and screams with pain and fright. Bandit Ride DC5 to stay on, DC15 to keep control: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 The bandit stays mounted, but cannot control the panicking beast.

Gordom's next, then I get to resolve Firemane and the bandits.


Male Human Ranger/1; HP 9/11; AC 15/12/13; Init +2

Feeling rather confident after his last shot, Gordom yells over the din of battle; "If you want to protect Svetlana, go get the one who dashed inside! I can take the rest..."

So saying, Gordom takes aim at the bandit dancing on the table and lets an arrow fly.

Attack against Table Bandit:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


I love how the timing is working out tonight. Can you do less than max damage Gordom? ;)

Gordom's arrow flies true, striking Phin in the chest. The bandit falls on the table.

Firemane attacks Happs but cannot penetrate his armor. Used Andarr's rolls up thread.

Bandit 1, unconscious Con DC10: 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 3 = 7 More internal damage.

Bandit 2's horse is shying away from Vivian. The bandit gives the animal its head and it backs away a square. Meanwhile, the bandit draws his bow and shoots at Vivian. Bandit 2 Attack 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 4 = 4 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 7 The horse is skittish because of Vivian's blade, so the bandit's arrow flies miles over Vivian's head.

Bandit 3's horse bolts out of the stockade to get as far from the fiery gnome as possible.

Phin is unconscious on the table. Con DC10: 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 6 = 0 Still dying.

You hear the sound of splintering wood as Rolo crashes through a door in search of Svetlana. And he's off the map because you don't know where he's looking.

Latest map

Up next: Andarr, Juwwem, Happs


Male Human (Shoanti) Druid (Lion Shaman) 1

"Why... Won't you DIE?" Andarr swings his scimitar at Happs again, hoping to down him once and for all.

"Firemane, go get our friend Rolo... Have yourself a snack!"

ooc: Whether I hit Hopps or not, I then use my move action to get inside the house Rolo went into, along with Firemane. Firemane does not attack Hopps, and instead uses a move action to get inside the house and attack Rolo, if he can reach him.

Rolls:
Attack roll for Firemane against Rolo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Attack roll for Andar against Happs: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Dmg roll for Andar: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Dmg roll for Firemane: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Gnome Earth Oracle AC18, F+2,R+2,W+3, Init+2

With every scream Juwwem flinches. How he hated battle! If only he could just sneak away. But that wasn't really an option. He couldn't just leave poor Oleg and Svetlana to those bandits. No, he would have to step up. Juwwem gasped at the sound of crashing wood and hurried to the building where Svetlana was hiding.

OOC:

Move to 12,19. If he doesn't see Rolo, Juwwem will move inside to 16,19.
If he does see the bandit but not Svetlana, he'll move close (adjacent) to him and cause a Shard Explosion (DC14 half damage)

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

That's assuming Juwwem already has his mace and shield in hand, I didn't specify that earlier so if that's not ok I'll just have him draw his mace outside.


Male Human Ranger/1; HP 9/11; AC 15/12/13; Init +2

Looks like Andarr needs to roll to confirm. The threat range on a scimitar includes his natural 19, right?


"Aaaah!" Happs cries out as Andarr's scimitar slices a nasty wound in his belly. The bandit falls to the ground like a pile of dirty rags. The shaman then leaps over Happs and runs towards the house.

Juwwem, your regular movement won't get you to a place where you can attack, so from your description I'm assuming you intend to run until you can find Rolo. Since running is a full round action, you won't be able to make an attack.

Juwwem runs into the house and sees the bedroom door has been smashed open. He makes it to the doorway and sees that Rolo has flipped Oleg and Svetlana's bed over looking for her.

Happs lies senseless at Najara and Oleg's feet. Happs Con DC10 1d20 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 3 = 3 (If your wondering, I'm going through the injured character routine as a means of keeping track of just how close these guys are to totally dead since you said you wanted captives.)

Updated map

Up next: Najara, Oleg, Vivian, Shix, Gordom, Firemane, bandits

Andarr: please roll to confirm the possible crit on Happs.


Male Gnome Earth Oracle AC18, F+2,R+2,W+3, Init+2

I wanted to make two move actions (2x20ft). The Shard Explosion is a swift action btw. But this is fine.

"Cdyo frana oui yna Rolo, oui'na vneahtc ryja paah tavaydat. Keja ib!" Juwwem shouts at Rolo.

If you understand Terran:
"Stay where you are Rolo, you're friends have been defeated. Give up!"

51 to 100 of 620 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingdom Building for Beginners Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.