Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Kicking It In Kaer Maga (Inactive)

Game Master GM Idyll

A city of outcasts. A city of strangers. Welcome to Kaer Maga.


351 to 400 of 620 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Also, with that dire roll, i'm very confident Stirgen not only slams his axe into the floor, he drops it. "If your attack fails by 10 or more, you drop the weapon that you were using to attempt the disarm."

Bad guy only needs a CMD of 13 for Stirgen to lose grasp on his axe.


Good catches, both you. I didn't actually realize that about the disarm roll - that sucks. Sorry your peers are such goody-two-shoes, Stirgen.

Stirgen's axe falls to the floor with a loud clang. The man laughs at Stirgen's misfortune.

Updated Map


Profile not in use

Stirgen doesn't speak, but his mouth appears to be uttering some fairly recognizably profane statments in all of the languages that he knows. Looking at yet another gouge in the ground he ponders perhaps I should take up carving... before the gravity of the situation snaps his attention back to the now aroused anger of the foes before him.


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

I believe Mr. Marrow is up.


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2
GM Idyll wrote:
Init Order: Kenji, Mr. Marrow, Rajah, Bastarger, Man, Lilley, Rhen, Stirgen, Candace.

Still waiting on Kenji, aren't we?


Male Human Admixture Wizard1/Crossblooded Tatooed Sorcerer

Sorry guys, hectic day. Selling my house

Kenji Moves up behind Stirgen and fires a Ray of frost at the creature.
Ranged Touch1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Profile not in use

Kenji's ray of frost hits Stirgen's axe where it lie forlorn upon the floor... :P


The zombie shuffles towards Stirgen, clearly wanting to protect its master. It slams into Stirgen.

Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Stirgen is surprised by the impact - his attention focused on the weapon lying on the floor before him. The attack is ineffective, however, thanks to his sturdy armor.

Rajah, Bastarger, Man, Lilley, Rhen, Stirgen, Candace

Updated Map


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

"Let's see if we can help put you to rest as you should be, you poor soul." Rajah calls forth the power of the Dawnflower.

Channel Energy(vs. Undead) 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I'm pretty sure it doesn't come into play at this level, but just in case, undead don't add their turn resistance to my channeling energy as per the Sun Domain. But you never know, so, I thought I should throw it out there.


NORMAL zombies don't add their resistance, but these may or may not be normal. ;)

EDIT: I just reread the Sun domain description and I see what you're saying now. You are correct and I will remember this. Thanks for the head's up.


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Bastarger moved round the zombie provokes AOO, to AG38 and hurled a net over the alchemist.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Ranged touch attack

By the time the net had entangled the man, Bastarger's Taldan-style Falcata was already in hand.


The channel of energy fills the room - the zombie (Mr. Marrow, apparently) staggers. It takes 5 damage.

Bastarger moves past the reeling zombie, who attempts to knock him off his feet.

Slam AOO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Bastarger is too quick, and easily ducks under the attack. He tosses the net at the man - it connects and the man curses angrily. "Gods damn you!" he says. He pulls a vial from his belt and downs it.

Instantly he seems to grow larger. The net constricting him looks almost laughable as it covers only his head and shoulders when he finishes enlarging. His laugh fills the room as he plucks the net from his head and drops it on the floor.

Move action - draw potion; Standard action - drink potion; Free action - drop item (net). He is no longer entangled.

Updated Map

Lilley, Rhen, Stirgen, Candace to wrap up Round 1


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2

Finding herself, as usual, fighting in cramped conditions with allies crowding her back and side, Lilley growls with irritation, "As jy nie gaan om te veg, dan sedeer die vloer aan diegene wat." No room to maneuver her glaive. She lets it fall with a clatter to the floor to join Stirgen's axe and draws the new sword with a flourish. Taking it in both hands and swinging it in a wide arc from her uncrowded right, she cuts deeply into the undead flesh of the unfortunate zombie.

Orc:
"If you are not going to fight, then cede the floor to those who will."

Free action: drop glaive in AI 38; move action: draw bastard sword; standard action: attack Mr. Marrow (flank w/ Bastarger, slashing damage) 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22 damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

No OOC offense to anyone; I knew coming in that a reach weapon would be a challenge in a dungeon, but Lilley's going to be annoyed about it, especially when her orc blood is running hot. :)


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Half of Bastarger's weapons are reach weapons, I too feel your pain. Dungeons quite narrow which is why i've opted for shield + X style.


I just noticed I still had Rhen in the mix. Since he is, technically, still part of the party, I'll act for him.

Rhen moves to flank Mr. Marrow (AH, 39) and attacks with his pick.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The blow lands with a sickening impact, but the zombie seems largely unaffected by the attack. Rhen withdraws his pick, recreating the noise. Zombie takes 1 damage.

Updated Map

Stirgen and Candace to wrap things up.


Profile not in use

Stirgen sets his jaw and attempts to gird his defenses as much as reasonable before he crouches to retrieve his greataxe from where it lies cold and lonely upon the floor.

Take total defense, bumping AC to 21, pick up axe as move action then 5ft North to AG,37


Lilley lands a mighty blow against the zombie, opening its gut and spilling out the rotten remains of many of its internal organs. It still stands. It still fights.

As Stirgen bends over to pick up his greataxe, the man seizes the opportunity to bring his spear down on him.

AOO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Fortunately, Stirgen has prepared for an attack and manages to avoid the tip of the spear.

At that moment you hear the smashing of glass to the east. You turn to see one of the zombies from the vats breaking through the glass in a flood of pungent alchemical compounds and flails at Rhen.

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Rhen manages to dodge out of the way.

Immediately following that, another zombie, much of the flesh already fallen off of the bones, breaks through one of the other vats. "Oho! Looks like Borowyn wants to join the fight!" the man cackles happily.

He too attacks Rhen.

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

It too, fails to do any damage.

Round 2

Init Order: Kenji, Mr. Marrow, Rajah, Bastarger, Man, Lilley, Rhen, Stirgen, Candace and Borowyn.

Updated Map


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Bastarger stepped in beside Stirgen and hacked his heavy-bladed Falcata into an enlarged knee.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human Admixture Wizard1/Crossblooded Tatooed Sorcerer

Kenji decides to get away from the now, rather large foe.
He 5ft steps back to 37AL and fires a Ray of Frost at the sthn zombie climbing out of the vat

Ranged Touch1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


The ice hits the zombie which causes it to turn and face Kenji's direction. Southern zombie takes 2 damage. I moved you to AJ37 as that would be a 5' step, but would you like to move back further? Also, how do you describe an ice spell hitting a foe in an interesting way?

Mr. Marrow, surrounded by foes, decides to grab onto the large half-orc in front of him.

Grapple Attempt: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 vs. CMD 14

He manages to grab hold of her - his recently opened gut pressed directly against her new armor.

Lilley is grappled.

Rajah, Bastarger, Man, Lilley, Rhen, Stirgen, Candace and Borowyn.

Updated Map


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Zombie doesn't have improved grapple I imagine? Which means many AOO's for our side right?


That is correct.


Profile not in use

Except for poor little Stirgen that is :P


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Seeing the zombie behind him go for Lilley, Bastarger smoothly span on his heel and mid-spin, slashed the zombie across its thigh.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human Admixture Wizard1/Crossblooded Tatooed Sorcerer
GM Idyll wrote:

The ice hits the zombie which causes it to turn and face Kenji's direction. Southern zombie takes 2 damage. I moved you to AJ37 as that would be a 5' step, but would you like to move back further? Also, how do you describe an ice spell hitting a foe in an interesting way?

Mr. Marrow, surrounded by foes, decides to grab onto the large half-orc in front of him.

[dice=Grapple Attempt]d20 + 4 vs. CMD 14

He manages to grab hold of her - his recently opened gut pressed directly against her new armor.

Lilley is grappled.

Rajah, Bastarger, Man, Lilley, Rhen, Stirgen, Candace and Borowyn.

Updated Map

Complete move to 37ak. Sorry bout the lack of descriptive text. Had the baby today.Better post next round


Looks like you only needed one...

The zombie crumbles to the ground unmoving after Bastarger's attack. Lilley is no longer grappled. Shortest. Grapple. Ever.

Seeing his servant fall, the man gasps in anger. "Alexander, come forth!"

Random Dice Check:

1d4 ⇒ 4

There is a pounding coming from the third and final vat - a zombie, larger than all the others is attempting - with some success to break through the glass walls of the vat - which is slightly thicker than the other two. Even through the distortion of the glass and chemicals inside, you can see that this creature was once a full-blooded Orc. With only its first blow, the glass appears to be cracking.

Updated Map

EDIT: Updated, Kenji. Babies, houses - dang! You've got a lot going on!


Male Human Admixture Wizard1/Crossblooded Tatooed Sorcerer

Tell me about it. ;) posting my action now. Be back in 7 hrs

Kenji was reveling to finally have a target to hit. Even if he was only using his minor magics.
He casts his Ray of frost again.
Ranged Touch1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Profile not in use

Whispering a faint prayer under his breath, Stirgen whirls his axe at the oversized man - closing his eyes partway through the swing to put his success at the mercy of blind hope...

Greataxe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 for 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2

It's still Rajah's turn, right? And then Bastarger's normal, non-AoO attack before the man acts? Getting a little mixed up where we are in initiative order.


Profile not in use

Yeah, I'm probably ahead of myself - but sleep comes soon for me so better the intent is stated than not.


Here's the order:

Rajah, Bastarger, Man, Lilley, Rhen, Stirgen (already posted action), Candace, Borowyn and at some point "Alexander." The following round will start with Kenji (already have his action) and then repeat.

Is that clearer?


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2

Yeah, thanks. Between the AoO and the pre-posted actions and Alexander threatening to make an appearance but not having done so yet, I was getting confused as to where in the initiative order we actually were.


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

My round 2 action is already posted. 9 damage on the enlarged guy.


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

Round 2

"I fear I'm not one for battle, but, here goes nothing." Rajah draws his scimitar as he takes a step forward and swings at the undead creature.

Draw weapon(move), 5' step to AJ 39(free), attack AI 40(standard)

Scimitar: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

As he swings with one of the most awkward swings you've ever seen, he barely keeps himself from falling over due to his over-swinging by missing so badly. Cringing, "Oh my, I believe I've pulled a muscle."


Well, you certainly lived up to your own "hype" as a warrior!

Bastarger lands the blow against the enlarged man, who bellows in pain at the attack. "You'll pay for that, you little s~!#," he says angrily.

Eager to make good on his promise, the man draws a vial from his belt. It is filled with a strange, brown, bubbling liquid. He takes a swig of the contents. (AOO opportunity for Bastarger and Stirgen.)

His face contorts and the leather armor he wears bulges out, straining against the muscles that seem to be growing in real time. His face contorts into an angry snarl and he says, "Now you see the might of Svilennius. Now you see the strength of his potions." His voice sounds strangely slowed and thicker.

Lilley, Rhen, Stirgen (already posted action), Candace, Borowyn and at some point "Alexander" to close out the round.

Updated Map


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

He is not carrying any weapon, right? Considering a sunder on the potion bottle ;).


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2

Believe Rajah should be one square north, as he just moved up to "attack." ;)

Lilley rolls her eyes as the well-dressed man swings his scimitar as if it's the first time he's ever had the blade out of the scabbard. "Wat het ek net bly uit die stryd as jy nie kan veg?" she growls irritably. "Het niemand na my luister?" Despite the success she just had with the new sword, she drops it with a clatter to the floor as she lowers herself warily to snatch her glaive back up, without taking her eyes off the abomination that broke out of the vat. As she straightens her knees, she brings the glaive up even more quickly, slashing at the undead creature.

Orc:
"What did I just say about staying out of the battle if you can't fight? Does no one listen to me?"

Free action: drop bastard sword; Move action: pick up glaive; Standard action: attack Candace (?) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 slashing damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


He's carrying a spear. He pops the top of his potion vials one-handed - cause he's BA like that.

The slashing attack lands cleanly, opening up yet another gaping wound in the gut of a zombie.

Updated Map

I'll update the rest in the morning.


Stirgen and Bastarger should probably take their AOO actions before I proceed.


Profile not in use

AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 for 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 for 2d12 + 6 ⇒ (10, 2) + 6 = 18 Oh my...

Stirgen takes advantage of the momentary opening proffered, fouling the man's chest with his axe and bloodying him... but time will tell if any vital internal passages were severed...


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Might be a hit VS enlarged...
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Bastarger aimed for the knees once more, seeking to sever the man's leg.


I've lost track of the order, but I've included Bastarger's damage in the Man's HP - I just don't think I've described it anywhere.

Stirgen's axe strikes the man square in the chest doing massive damage to the man's internal organs. He reels backwards in pain, bumping up against a bookshelf and knocking several large tomes and vials to the floor. Bastarger's attack doesn't land - he just barely misses the man's knee.

Rhen turns to face the middle vat zombie (Cassandra) and strikes at it again with his pick.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

He fumbles the blow badly.

Seconds later, the glass vat to the north shatters, as the third zombie emerges. Free of its glass prison, you see that it is even bigger than it first appeared. There are clear tubes covering its body that flow with what looks like the liquid in the vats. It's clear this orc was big when it was alive and has only increased in strength due to the experiments that have been run on it. It moves to Rhen and attempts to knock him out with its beefy arms.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The blow does significant damage, causing Rhen to stumble slightly and bleed freely from his left ear.

Stirgen swings his axe again at the man, trying to cause additional damage. This time, however, he is unsuccessful, only hitting the air in front of him.

Borowyn (the southernmost zombie) looks down at its chest before attempting to attack Rhen with its own slam attack.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Rhen manages to avoid the attack.

Round 3
Updated Map

Order: Rajah, Bastarger, Man, Lilley, Rhen, Alexander, Stirgen, Candace, Borowyn.


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Bastarger smoothly recovered after his narrow miss as he cut the man's leg with a second swing.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Admixture Wizard1/Crossblooded Tatooed Sorcerer

Sadly wishing he had a more powerful spell (or at least a better aim) Kenji.fires his Ray of frost again at the Southern Zombie threatening Rahjah. Duck my friend.
He considers greasing the potion drinkers weapon, but the man appeared mortally wounded and he spoke of others. Better save it

Ranged Touch1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 4 = 18
Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Confirm Crit1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 4 = -1


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

Round 3

Clearly not understanding anything Lilley is saying to him, Rajah sidesteps in hopes to get a better angle of attack. "I am going to learn your language, madam! I find it fascinating!" He states with a great deal of enthusiasm. "Now, maybe if I reposition myself so as to get a better angled swing, that might aid me in my endeavor." He formulates as he rares back and swings at the zombie, unintentionally closing his eyes for a brief moment.

5' step to AJ 40

Scimitar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Surprising himself as he connects, "By jove!" He exclaims as he attempts to collect himself.

Edit: Thanks, Bastarger! Heck, I was so shocked I actually hit, the possibility of a crit was the furthest thing from my mind. :P

Crit Confirm
Scimitar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2

That's Kenji's round 4 action, right? Because he pre-rolled his round 3 one during round 2 and rolled a one, but the GM didn't narrate it.


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Also, crit threat for Rajah, roll to confirm.


Male Human Admixture Wizard1/Crossblooded Tatooed Sorcerer

Knew something was up. Thanks.


Yeah - I was going to wait to narrate it until Rajah and Bastarger had posted. Not that it wasn't an important move...but...well...

Kenji aims a ray of frost at the zombie, but ends up hitting the vat behind.

Rajah, in a shocking display of martial prowess, connects with the zombie, completely severing the top half of its body the bottom.

Bastarger swings his sword at the man's knee again. And again he connects. The man gasps in pain. "Enough! I've had enough. Stop this. I am not ready to die."

Check:

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

He drops his spear and raises his hands in defeat.

Lilley, Rhen, Alexander, Stirgen, Candace, Borowyn


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2

Lilley, focussed on the zombies from the vats and not understanding a word the oversized man is babbling, grunts in grudging approval at the Blue Rajah's surprising success and moves behind Rhen to intercept Alexander. She somehow manages to miss the massive target with her glaive and hisses in frustration.

Move to AG 38; Attack Alexander 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 slashing damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

351 to 400 of 620 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kicking It In Kaer Maga - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.