Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Kicking It In Kaer Maga (Inactive)

Game Master GM Idyll

A city of outcasts. A city of strangers. Welcome to Kaer Maga.


201 to 250 of 620 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Profile not in use

Stirgen faces down the corridor and puts his right hand out to the side "Shall we turn to the left again"


The group, reunited, makes its way down the hallway again, following its original leftward direction. You come to the fork in the hallway and are greeted with two directions north and south, as well as a set of double doors directly in front of you.

Updated Map


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2

"Left is that way," Lilley clarifies for the reversed people, pointing south down the corridor.


So, just to confirm, you want to move down the south corridor and pass the door ahead of you?


Profile not in use

Aye - we might as well stick with the left(/right) is best ;)


You walk a few more feet down the hallway. Coming to the end, you see a small chamber to your left. A suit of elaborate lacquered armor stands sentinel against the far eastern wall. Chains attached to the armor’s neck and chest run across the floor of the room, their ends clutched in the bony hand of a skeleton sprawled on the floor ten feet away.

Updated Map

Stirgen, can I get a Knowledge:Local check, please?


Profile not in use

Stroking his misshapen chin in thought with his left hand Stirgen warns "Perhaps it would be best to be a bit more circumspect and not charge idly forth as we did in the last?"


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2
GM Idyll wrote:
Stirgen, can I get a Knowledge:Local check, please?

*koffkoff*


Profile not in use

Sorry - request wasn't there when I first posted... honest
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


RIIIIGHT. Take 2 points of liar's damage.

Stirgen stares at the suit of armor, certain he remembers seeing people wearing similar suits around Kaer Maga, but unable to place where he's seen it.


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2

"Is there reason to enter at all?" Lilley asks nervously. Her experience in the last room has made her even more leery about walking needlessly into things she doesn't understand. "Unless that skeleton is one of the stolen dead, the room seems unlikely to hold what we seek."


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

What type of armour is it?


Profile not in use

Truthiness HP: 8/10

Stirgen's eyes narrow at the armour before the squint makes his brain hurt and he has to rub at the brutish orbs. "The armor is familiar somehow... I think I've seen it above around town." pausing a few moments as the thought germinates and then flowers into prose "It could be he came here to do as we are now, or had some other more base purpose?" suggesting he was a treasure seeker "At any rate, he died within..."


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

Lol! Liar's damage, Truthiness HP, man that's just funny stuff!

"Fascinating." Rajah moves up to examine the skeleton.

Is it possible to ascertain anything by examing it? Besides the fact it's a dude that died and turned into a skeleton. I'll throw some stuff out there just in case.

Knowledge: (Religion) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

That answers my question. Man, those fantastic rolls I've been throwing out there just keep on keeping on. In ALL of my threads here lately. With those rolls, I'm guessing it's a dude that died and turned into a skeleton. :P

Just fyi, I was going to throw Perception out there, but I previewed it and rolled another 6. I think that's 'nuff said. :P


Male Mountain Dwarf Rogue 2

Rhen gives the room a look for traps from outside, to see if his sharp eyes can spot anything. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7...add +2 if it involves stone.


Male Mountain Dwarf Rogue 2

"Completely safe, no traps, should not be any problem if we go in...unless the sentinel comes to life, of course."


Male Human Admixture Wizard1/Crossblooded Tatooed Sorcerer

Kenji runs an eye over the armor and skeleton and door.

Knowledge: Dungeoneering 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Knowledge: Arcana1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Knowledge: Religion1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

And absently pats Chatterbeak while he looks.


Bastarger is able to determine that the armor is a suit of extremely high-quality banded mail. As he is admiring the armor, he notices an exotic bastard sword - also of extremely high quality - and two curved daggers lying on the floor nearby.

Kenji, which door are you examining?


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Oh come on, look at that. The armour, its exquisite! And that sword, i've never seen a design like that before... Bastarger said, pining for a look at the wonders inside but noting Lilley's hesitation.


Profile not in use

"By all means good sir... I shall watch, and know that if you perish your passing will be immortalized in prose." pondering a few moments before mumbling an opening line "There once was a gnome from Kaer Maga..."


Male Human Admixture Wizard1/Crossblooded Tatooed Sorcerer

Sorry typo. No door.


So are you moving on past the armor, I assume?


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2

I think Bastarger is the most likely to try and grab the weapons. If anyone's going to go in, it'll be him. Up to AK whether or not to resist temptation. ;)


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Bastarger could not resist and with Stirgen's encouragement he took action. He hurled his net, hoping to trap the armour within it and pull it over to him.

I could roll for the attempt but it seems a little redundant as he'll just fold his net and try again if he fails.


The net catches the head of the suit of armor. With a slight tug, Bastarger manages to pull the armor over - it hits the stone floor with a deafening bang.

The instant it hits, a clicking, clacking noise is heard and like a pestilent black tide, a ravenous horde of thousands of tiny, clacking cockroaches washes over the floor and chain.

Initiative Checks:

Bastarger - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Rhen - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Kenji - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Stirgen - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Rajah - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Lilley - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Swarm - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

The instigator is up first, followed by Rhen and then the swarm.

Round 1 Map


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Bastarger was going to throw from where he was stood rather than enter the room. Are the individual creatures of the swarm large enough to deal weapon damage?


Male Mountain Dwarf Rogue 2

"And I thought we dwarves were greedy....now, look at what you riled up, gnome!"


Can you throw the net that far? I thought the range was 10'? And no, the creatures can't be damaged with traditional weapons.


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2
GM Idyll wrote:
Can you throw the net that far? I thought the range was 10'? And no, the creatures can't be damaged with traditional weapons.

Range increment. He can throw it farther than 10 feet at a penalty for distance.

PRD>Equipment>Weapons>Weapon Qualities wrote:
Range: Any attack at more than this distance is penalized for range. Beyond this range, the attack takes a cumulative –2 penalty for each full range increment (or fraction thereof) of distance to the target. For example, a dagger (with a range of 10 feet) thrown at a target that is 25 feet away would incur a –4 penalty. A thrown weapon has a maximum range of five range increments. A projectile weapon can shoot to 10 range increments.


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

^^.

Its no use down here sitting idle! Bastarger shouted at Rhen insistently.

The Gnome took the torch out of the shield sconce upon his tower shield and dropped it on the floor by his feet, hoping the little creatures wouldn't want to approach the doorway.


Gotcha. Map updated.

Updated Map


Profile not in use

In this instance, by RAW - 10ft is actually the maximum range and not an increment.

PRD > Equipment > Weapon Description wrote:
A net's maximum range is 10 feet.


I thought I was right. But Lilley typed so convincingly...We'll assume Bastarger leapt backwards when the cockroaches emerged. Just because my computer is all the way downstairs.


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2

Nice catch. Specific verbiage for net trumps general for range increments. :)


Male Mountain Dwarf Rogue 2

Rhen moves back to Q8 and pulls out an acid flask.


The swarm of cockroaches moves en masse towards the small gnome who disturbed their resting place. When the torch is thrown, it seems to confuse them. They stop short of the gnome and try to figure how to get around the flame.

Swarm takes 5' step and holds action.

Updated Map

Lilley, Stirgen, Kenji and Rajah.


Male Human Admixture Wizard1/Crossblooded Tatooed Sorcerer

We need more fire, does anyone have something to burn?


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

I've more torches in my backpack along with flint and steel.

Lighting a torch with flint and steel is a full-round action, and lighting any other fire with them takes at least that long.


Male Human Admixture Wizard1/Crossblooded Tatooed Sorcerer

Hold still.
Kenji grabs a torch from Bastarger's pack and lights it.


Profile not in use

Stirgen stares at the carpet of cockroaches, equally disgusted and fascinated by the swarm. He then looks up confused at what he might do. At Bastarger's order he looks to help with lighting the torches.

Pulls out flint and steel and assist with making the fire.


Female Half-Orc Battle Oracle 2

Lilley lets out a cry of disgust as the bugs come swarming out and steps back. Move to O 9. Doorway seems crowded already, and she doesn't have anything to light a fire with anyway.


Male Human Cleric 2; AC 15; Hp's 15/15

"Oh dear. Those are a lot of bugs." Rajah moves so as to be out of the way of the others.

5' Step to R 9. That's it. I got nothing. Swarms are the absolute worst, I tell you.


Begin Round 2

Updated Map

Bastarger, Rhen and then the swarm.


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Bastarger delayed as he waited for Stirgen to light the torch Kenji held and made ready to grab it and drop it to fully "block" the doorway before they assaulted the swarm. The smith didn't want to leave the creature's a route for them to panic and rush the group.

Second torch in Q12. And I agree, swarms are a PITA at level 1.


Male Mountain Dwarf Rogue 2

Despite Kenji being in the way, Rhen throws his acid flask at the swarm. He pulls out another flask.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Not subject to critical hits...too bad!


Male Gnome Fighter (Mobile), HP23/23, AC 20 (24), FF 18 (22), Touch 13, CMD 16, F +4, R +1, W +0, Init +3, Perception +3, AOO +6 (+4)

Nice. +50% damage as its a splash weapon too.


Male Mountain Dwarf Rogue 2

Nice, 10 damage then.


Male Human Admixture Wizard1/Crossblooded Tatooed Sorcerer

Kenji, his torch lit drops it in the square adjacent to the first, effectively blocking their escape.


The acid splashes directly in the middle of the swarm. Many - almost half - of the cockroaches are caught in its splash. The group disperses for just a second, before reforming into the swarming horde of before.

Swarm takes 10 damage.

Seemingly angered by the attack, the swarm proceeds towards Bastarger, some of its number sacrificing itself on the torch in the door way.

Swarm takes 1 fire damage.

The begin crawling over Bastarger's body and start trying to eat at his flesh.

Swarm Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Bastarger takes one damage.

Updated Map

Lilley, Stirgen, Kenji and Rajah.


Profile not in use

Round 2:

Stirgen takes a step backwards in horror as the little gnome begins being devoured by even littler creatures. He looks to the others for instruction...

5 ft straight North

201 to 250 of 620 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kicking It In Kaer Maga - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.