Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Jotunheimr

Game Master Torvald Torvaldson

Can our heroes defeat the coming giant menace?


1 to 50 of 354 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

One of only two non-orc settlements in Belkzen, Trunau is a predominantly human community of sturdy farmers and resolute warriors adrift in a monstrous sea of orcs who would as soon kill them as trade with them. Its people survive through the grace of the gods, the remarkable tenacity and
ingenuity of their leaders, and a simple, soul-deep refusal to be driven from the land of their ancestors. Trunauans know sacrifice in all its forms. Though their lives are far from easy, this band of idealists, scoundrels, and outcasts takes great pride in the independence that comes from being all on their own in hostile territory. For them, every day of the town’s continued existence is an enduring example of civilization’s unconquerable spirit and the prodigious strength of hope.


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

"Trunau, for years i have sheltered behind your walls and looked out at the wilderness beyond wondering what it holds for me. Soon I will venture forth and find out. First though I will need to find some companions to guard my back."


Engwarth background:

Rescued by a hunter in the Eastern reaches of the Fangwood, the young lad Engwarth was brought to Trunau when the hunter returned to the town to sell his pelts. The temple of Iomedae (called Sanctuary by the locals) took in the young boy and gave him succor.

As Engwarth grew it became clear that his leg, broken while lost in the Fangwood, would never quite heal properly and his lameness resulted in him being a bit shunned by the other children around his age as he could neither run and was relatively frail in strength and stature.

Engwarth spent much of his time studying in the temple and when his ability to heal became apparent it was hoped that he would join the clergy and take up the faith of Iomedae. The priests were disappointed however, for although he respected the goddess he did not feel a direct call to serve her and remained apart from their fellowship.

Now Engwarth has achieved manhood and yet still lives in Sanctuary. The current matron, Tyari Varvatos, allows him to remain a resident of the place as long as he continues to provide healing and aid to those in need. While Engwarth trains at arms, monthly as required, he has never found his strength and relies on a keen eye with his crossbow to vouch for his martial ability.

Engwarth has become quite good friends with Sanctuary's longest-standing resident (and patient)- a gnarled old half-orc named Katrezra who was raised among the Empty Hand tribe and suffers from a terrible affliction of the lungs and weeping sores on his face and arms.


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

Katrezra:
"Well my old friend I feel the time is near when I will set out beyond the wall. I hope to come back but I know the danger out there is real so I wanted to say goodbye before I left and ask if you had any advice?"


Dwarf Crossblooded (Abyssal/Destined) Bloodrager 1 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:14 Init:+2 Melee: +4 1d10+4(19-20/x2) Ranged: +3 1-8(19-20/x2)
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+2/Will+1 (+2 vs poison, +4 vs spells, spell like effects)
Skills:

Naugrimm wanders the town looking for the young human he saw on the wall.
(See Naugrimm's background)


Engwarth:

Glad I am to have seen you grow these many years Engwarth. I'm just as surprised that I have lived to see all those years and that you have as well. I had hoped that the gods would bless you with strength or a firm leg, but now I know that they have decided to bless you in other ways instead. ~cough~ ~COUGH~ ~cough~

Ahhh....the years lie heavy on me. Soon, Gorum will call me and Pharasma will judge my worth. She's a cold b&%+& that one, but I can't say that I'll be unhappy to see her. I have lived a full life; too full I suppose for one like me.

~he sips some water~

You want advice? Trust your heart and be sure of your friends. One such as you will need strong companions if you are to survive. ~cough~ But anyone could tell you this. What I will tell you is that I have had a vision of you standing by just such companions and that you were striving against a great darkness that is to come. An oppressive force from the air that threatens all the land with its growing power and Trunau in the middle of the struggle. As he speaks this last his voice becomes monotone and trance-like; he finishes and shakes his head. What's that then, advice? Be careful it's dangerous out there! Harharhar. He lovingly smacks you on the back and sips his water again before shuffling about the building trying to tidy up.


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

Deep in thought Engwarth heads outside and meanders about town contemplating the rather strange conversation with Katrezra.


Naugrimm:

The ten-foot high palisade looms over you as you approach the main gate. Beyond you can see the steady rise of the hill beyond with its many buildings. After so many years in the small halls of your clan folk the size of what you see in front of you reminds you of the stories you were told of the grand halls of the dwarf lords of long ago or far away.

The main gate is built to overlap the stones to either side, allowing the rock of the hill to reinforce it against battering rams. Atop each rock stands a wooden watchtower large enough for a dozen defenders to fire bows or pour boiling water down on attackers from relative safety. Both to intimidate the orcs and to guard against fiery arrows, the towers’ sides and roofs are armored with the shields and breastplates of orcs who’ve assaulted the walls and died, their various clan symbols prominently displayed.

Upwards of a dozen guards watch you approach and once they recognize you as a dwarf let you pass freely through the gate.


Half-Orc Slayer 2 AC16/FF14/T12 HP:21 Init:+2 Melee:+8/2d4+7 PA+7/2d4+10 (18-20x2) Ranged: +3/1d6+5(20x2)
Saves:
Fort+7/Ref+7/Will+3
Skills:
Acr7 Blf(-2) Clm10 DD6 Dis(-2) Hea2 Int(-2) Kloc6 Kdun4 Kgeo4 Per6 Rid2 SM5 Ste6 Sur6(+1/2level track) Swi5

Ghûn sees Engwarth wandering about town and calls out to him.

"Hey cripple boy, come here." (wonder why he has a 7 charisma?)


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

Engwarth is startled out of his thoughts.

Damn, the town bully, what was his name? Goon? Ghûn, that was it, Halgra's son, a half-orc, more like half-demon.

"Hail Ghûn, how can I be of assistance?"


Half-Orc Slayer 2 AC16/FF14/T12 HP:21 Init:+2 Melee:+8/2d4+7 PA+7/2d4+10 (18-20x2) Ranged: +3/1d6+5(20x2)
Saves:
Fort+7/Ref+7/Will+3
Skills:
Acr7 Blf(-2) Clm10 DD6 Dis(-2) Hea2 Int(-2) Kloc6 Kdun4 Kgeo4 Per6 Rid2 SM5 Ste6 Sur6(+1/2level track) Swi5

"Heard you are leaving Trunau soon, I'm going too. I will let you come with me, that way you don't die your first night out."


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

Great, I was hoping to escape the likes of him when I left town. On the upside, he swings that flail like a beast and looks like he could take a beating...instead of me.

"Umm, sure, sounds like you have a great plan Ghûn, count me in."


Half-Orc Slayer 2 AC16/FF14/T12 HP:21 Init:+2 Melee:+8/2d4+7 PA+7/2d4+10 (18-20x2) Ranged: +3/1d6+5(20x2)
Saves:
Fort+7/Ref+7/Will+3
Skills:
Acr7 Blf(-2) Clm10 DD6 Dis(-2) Hea2 Int(-2) Kloc6 Kdun4 Kgeo4 Per6 Rid2 SM5 Ste6 Sur6(+1/2level track) Swi5

A bit surprised at Engwarth's agreement, Ghûn just grunts, nods and goes on his way.


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

I hope i can find some more companions, ones capable of carrying on a conversation at least.

Engwarth continues wandering through town giving additional thought to the words of Katrezra.


Poor Naugrimm, we hardly knew you....


Female Elf Witch 2 AC:17/FF17/T14 HP:13 Init:+9 Melee: run Ranged: +4 1d8 (19-20x2)

coming soon


Female Elf Witch 2 AC:17/FF17/T14 HP:13 Init:+9 Melee: run Ranged: +4 1d8 (19-20x2)

Daardra arrives in a caravan, 'I wonder where this human is?' She starts to explore the town.


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

Engwarth ventures out from Sanctuary to see what goods and news may have arrived with the incoming caravan.


Male Oread Unchained Monk 2 AC:21/FF20/T18 HP:22 Init:+4 Melee: +6 1d6+4 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d2 (x2)

why
paizo
why
won't you
llet me
post

-it likes it when I complain-

coming soon


Male Oread Unchained Monk 2 AC:21/FF20/T18 HP:22 Init:+4 Melee: +6 1d6+4 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d2 (x2)

Orett approaches the town. He looks around in wonder at all the buildings and different people. He has been looking at the same faces for ever.
Entering the town, Orett starts looking for the human male with the strange gait.

-I wonder where he is. Hmm, well I suppose I'll find him sooner or later.-


Engwarth-Interested to hear the news from the newly arrived caravan you slip on your boots and head to the main gate. It only takes a few minutes for you to arrive and see that the pack animals and wagons are already being unloaded while some of the guards and merchants are already heading into Trunau seeking food, drink, or other services. You try to engage a few folks in conversation but everyone is quite busy and the most you get is a brief pleasantry or two.

Orett/Daardra-After a few weeks of travel with the caravan you are happy to finally arrive at a small oasis of civilization. Although you don't really miss your 'homes' you are definitely looking forward to not having to pick up your things and march ever day. You finish your business with the caravan master and head towards the main gate of Trunau.

The large structure of the gate is built to overlap the stones to either side, allowing the rock of the hill to reinforce it against any siege. Atop each rock stands a wooden watchtower large enough for a dozen defenders to fire bows or pour boiling water down on attackers from relative safety. The tower sides and roofs are armored with shields and breastplates and there are various symbols prominently displayed. Several figures stand watch atop the towers peering down at the newly arrived caravan and the surrounding countryside. Clearly Trunau is no stranger to battle.

DC10 Perception for Orett or Daardra:
You spy a handsome man shuffling about the caravan you just arrived in. Something seems to be wrong with his leg as he appears to be walking with a pronounced limp.


Male Oread Unchained Monk 2 AC:21/FF20/T18 HP:22 Init:+4 Melee: +6 1d6+4 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d2 (x2)

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

-that seems to be the human I am looking for. I am not that good at interacting with people, but I didn't come here to shy away.-

Orett apporaches the young man, "Hello good sir, my name is Orett. I know it may sound strange, but I have come here to join your travels." blurts out Orett.
"Um, at least I think I have. Uh, are you doing any travels?", Orett stammers, finally falling silent and awaiting the young man's response.


Female Elf Witch 2 AC:17/FF17/T14 HP:13 Init:+9 Melee: run Ranged: +4 1d8 (19-20x2)

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

-Hey, that's him.-

Daardra approaches the young human, but stops as she sees an Oread approach him. She gets a little closer so she can hear...

-that oread was in the caravan with me-

...after hearing Orett speak, Daardra approaches-

"If I may butt in, my name is Daardra and I have also come to join you. "

-that sounds so stupid, why did I just come out and say it. Uhg, apparantly I'm no better at dealing with humans as I am with elves.-

Daardra shifts from foot to foot as she awaits a response from the young human and the oread.


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

Engwarth is surprised at the approach on not only one, but two different people from the caravan, but he responds with a large disarming smile.

"Well met Orett and Daardra too. I have spent most of my life protected within the walls of Trunau but I feel it is time for me to leave and find my fate. I am in need of hardy companions on the journey as it is dangerous outside the walls and I am no warrior. Another from Trunau will join us and fortunately he is as strong as I am weak though he can take a while to get used to."


Half-Orc Slayer 2 AC16/FF14/T12 HP:21 Init:+2 Melee:+8/2d4+7 PA+7/2d4+10 (18-20x2) Ranged: +3/1d6+5(20x2)
Saves:
Fort+7/Ref+7/Will+3
Skills:
Acr7 Blf(-2) Clm10 DD6 Dis(-2) Hea2 Int(-2) Kloc6 Kdun4 Kgeo4 Per6 Rid2 SM5 Ste6 Sur6(+1/2level track) Swi5

Just as Engwarth finishes speaking, Ghûn approaches.

"Are you ready yet Engwarth? Who are these people?"

He looks over the Oread and the Elf.

"The stone man looks like he might be worth brining along, does the elf have any use?"


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

Right on cue with the rudeness.

"There is safety in numbers Ghûn and I am sure they each have skills that will benefit us in our explorations beyond the wall. This is Orett and Daardra."

"And he is named Ghûn." gesturing towards the half-orc


Half-Orc Slayer 2 AC16/FF14/T12 HP:21 Init:+2 Melee:+8/2d4+7 PA+7/2d4+10 (18-20x2) Ranged: +3/1d6+5(20x2)
Saves:
Fort+7/Ref+7/Will+3
Skills:
Acr7 Blf(-2) Clm10 DD6 Dis(-2) Hea2 Int(-2) Kloc6 Kdun4 Kgeo4 Per6 Rid2 SM5 Ste6 Sur6(+1/2level track) Swi5

Ghûn looks at Orett and Daardra and grunts.


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

Speaking to his 3 companions:

"I have an errand or two to run before I leave Trunau. You are welcome to come with me or we can all meet at this same spot tomorrow at first light."

Engwarth will return to Sanctuary to gather his things, say goodbye to Katreza and then seeks out Tyari Varvatos.

"Matron Tyari, I will be leaving Trunau tomorrow in search of my purpose. I would thank you for all that you and the temple have done for me before I depart and I would ask one more boon. I was speaking with Katreza and he seemed seized by a vision and he spoke: 'An oppressive force from the air that threatens all the land with its growing power and Trunau in the middle of the struggle.' Can you make any sense of these words?"


Tyari-Sounds like more of Katreza's crazy ramblings to me. 'A force from the air'? Hopefully he doesn't see a flight of dragons or something.-she laughs-Unless orcs learn to fly I don't suppose we have to worry about threats from the air any time soon.

Surely you don't intend to leave us before tonight's hope knife ceremony? Chief Defender Halgra's daughter Ruby is celebrating her twelfth birthday and the entire town will be there. Whatever you plan for tomorrow can wait, can't it?


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

"We plan to leave at first light tomorrow, so of course I will be at the ceremony. Besides, I am sure Ghûn wouldn't want to miss his half-sister's celebration."


Half-Orc Slayer 2 AC16/FF14/T12 HP:21 Init:+2 Melee:+8/2d4+7 PA+7/2d4+10 (18-20x2) Ranged: +3/1d6+5(20x2)
Saves:
Fort+7/Ref+7/Will+3
Skills:
Acr7 Blf(-2) Clm10 DD6 Dis(-2) Hea2 Int(-2) Kloc6 Kdun4 Kgeo4 Per6 Rid2 SM5 Ste6 Sur6(+1/2level track) Swi5

"I hope she's not expecting any gifts."


Engwarth meets with Orett and Daardra letting them know of the evening's festivities and all agree to meet at the wide amphitheater at the center of Trunau's top most tier.

Jubilation fills the evening air in the normally staid town of Trunau, for it is the twelfth birthday of the Chief Defender’s youngest daughter, Ruby, and the townsfolk have been preparing all day for the ceremony and festivities to follow. A throng of spectators has amassed at the town Commons; the buzz of the crowd subsides as the weathered town leader, Halgra of the Blackened Blades, takes the stage and begins to speak.

Thank you all for joining us this night. I take immense pride in my responsibility as Chief Defender, especially when it comes to the honor of the hopeknife ceremony. It is always a great privilege to bequeath Trunauan youths their hopeknives as they come of age. Halgra stops speaking long enough to open an ornamental case and retrieve a slender, ornately decorated dagger hanging from a silver chain. But tonight is a special occasion, for the recipient of this hopeknife is none other than my youngest daughter. Once again, Halgra pauses, but this time she turns to talk to the child beside her. Ruby, by the traditions of our town, you have come of age. This hopeknife represents your responsibilities as an adult and defender of Trunau. You must be willing to use it on yourself, your fellow Trunauans, and your family—even me, should it come to that. It will be a far quicker death than that which the orcs will offer, and providing it is your duty. Do you swear to guard Trunau from all comers, and to use your hopeknife only for its intended purpose?

Ruby—dusky skinned, black haired, and painfully shy—nods her head in response to her mother’s question. If the orcs come, and there is no other option, this is where you cut—here, here, and here. Halgra demonstrates which arteries to sever while Ruby watches. When she is finished, Halgra sheathes the hopeknife and places the necklace around Ruby’s neck before turning back to address the crowd. Tonight, Ruby becomes a full member of our community! Let us welcome her, and celebrate her passage into adulthood! Trunau forever! The crowd echoes Halgra’s last words in unison, signaling the end of the ceremony.


Speeches finished, the townsfolk waste no time transitioning to the ceremony's more light-hearted festivities, including a number of games in which Ruby is the key player. The first such game is tug-of-war, which traditionally pits the hopeknife receiver against Trunau's best defenders.

Kurst and Rodrick Grath announce the game of tug-of-war and ask Ruby to name her champions from the crowd-Who will it be Ruby? There is a long moment of silence as Ruby takes a hard look at the crowd. Suddenly she points at the party and says-I choose Ghun, Engwarth, the rock man, and the elf lady!

The crowd ushers the four party members onto the stage so they can help the young Ruby win her first game as an adult.


Male Oread Unchained Monk 2 AC:21/FF20/T18 HP:22 Init:+4 Melee: +6 1d6+4 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d2 (x2)

to Ghun "I have not played any games before. What do I do?"


Female Elf Witch 2 AC:17/FF17/T14 HP:13 Init:+9 Melee: run Ranged: +4 1d8 (19-20x2)

"um, I might not be the best for this game. Like asking an ogre to dance ballet."


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

"I appreciate your faith Ruby, but I'm probably the worst person you could pick for this game."


Half-Orc Slayer 2 AC16/FF14/T12 HP:21 Init:+2 Melee:+8/2d4+7 PA+7/2d4+10 (18-20x2) Ranged: +3/1d6+5(20x2)
Saves:
Fort+7/Ref+7/Will+3
Skills:
Acr7 Blf(-2) Clm10 DD6 Dis(-2) Hea2 Int(-2) Kloc6 Kdun4 Kgeo4 Per6 Rid2 SM5 Ste6 Sur6(+1/2level track) Swi5

"I will show you all how it is done."


Engwarth tells the other reluctant party members that even though they may not want to participate, it is a long held tradition in Trunau, and to refuse would be a serious insult and bring much bad luck to Ruby's life.

Initiative rolls and STR checks for everyone! :D


Male Oread Unchained Monk 2 AC:21/FF20/T18 HP:22 Init:+4 Melee: +6 1d6+4 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d2 (x2)

initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Female Elf Witch 2 AC:17/FF17/T14 HP:13 Init:+9 Melee: run Ranged: +4 1d8 (19-20x2)

initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

strength: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Str : 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1


Half-Orc Slayer 2 AC16/FF14/T12 HP:21 Init:+2 Melee:+8/2d4+7 PA+7/2d4+10 (18-20x2) Ranged: +3/1d6+5(20x2)
Saves:
Fort+7/Ref+7/Will+3
Skills:
Acr7 Blf(-2) Clm10 DD6 Dis(-2) Hea2 Int(-2) Kloc6 Kdun4 Kgeo4 Per6 Rid2 SM5 Ste6 Sur6(+1/2level track) Swi5

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Str : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Townsfolk
initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Halgra yells out-BEGIN! and both teams yank hard on the rope. Daardra seems almost prescient and begins pulling almost before Halgra can speak causing the others to pull at the same time.

That early start plus Ghun's rippling thews are enough to pull the rope 5' towards the party's side even though Daardra and Engwarth could probably not even best Ruby herself.

Another round of initiative and STR checks please.


Male Oread Unchained Monk 2 AC:21/FF20/T18 HP:22 Init:+4 Melee: +6 1d6+4 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d2 (x2)

intiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Str: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


Half-Orc Slayer 2 AC16/FF14/T12 HP:21 Init:+2 Melee:+8/2d4+7 PA+7/2d4+10 (18-20x2) Ranged: +3/1d6+5(20x2)
Saves:
Fort+7/Ref+7/Will+3
Skills:
Acr7 Blf(-2) Clm10 DD6 Dis(-2) Hea2 Int(-2) Kloc6 Kdun4 Kgeo4 Per6 Rid2 SM5 Ste6 Sur6(+1/2level track) Swi5

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Str: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Need Daarda's rolls.


Female Elf Witch 2 AC:17/FF17/T14 HP:13 Init:+9 Melee: run Ranged: +4 1d8 (19-20x2)

Swallowed up by Paizo

initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

strength: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Daardra appears to get a sense of the rhythms of the opposing team and gives the group precise timing for when to pull hardest that more than compensates for her lack of physical strength.

It appears for a moment that both sides may be evenly matched when with a mighty roar and pull Ghun nearly rips the rope away from the opposing team and the arms off of his own team all at the same time.

Kurst, Rodrick, and the other militia members that had opposed you rub their hands gingerly, very clearly suffering from rope burn, and come over to congratulate Ruby on her clear cut victory. The tug-of-war settled, it is time for the real festivities to begin and casks of ale are opened as well as jugs of wine and other more substantial liquors. Dancing, singing, and eating abound as the townsfolk celebrate Ruby's coming of age.


Human Oracle 2 AC:18/FF16/T12 HP:18 Init:+2 Melee: -1 1d8-2 (x2) Ranged: +3 1d8 (19-20x2)
Saves:
Fort+2/Ref+2/Will+4 (+2 v death effects)
Skills:
Acr:1 App:0 Blf:5 Cli:-3 Cra: Dip:9, Dis:5 EA:1 Fly:1 HA:* Hea:1 Int:5 KHis:4 KNat:4 KPla:4 KRel:4 Per:3 Rid:2 SM:5 Spe:4 Ste:1 Sur:5 Swm:-3 UMD:*

"Congratulations Ruby!"

To Daardra, Orett and Ghûn:
"It seem we passed our first trial as a team."

Engwarth will enjoy some of the food and sip some ale.

1 to 50 of 354 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jotunheimr All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.