Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


2,001 to 2,050 of 4,059 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

"Yes, the guys are here, but they need their backup singers," Sal says patiently, scooting next to Letitia and putting an arm around her shoulders, "We're the backup singers. You really need to come and watch our act." She leans her head against Letitia's, nuzzling her ear while running her free hand slowly down the lapel of Letitia's jacket to unbutton the next button.

Tagging FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES to imitate the provocative behavior of Soho free spirits for a +2.

Deceit: 4d3 - 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 1) - 8 + 2 + 2 = 5


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Making up for ignorance post: Also taking advantage of Letitia's.... aspect on the scene DISTRACTED for another +2, giving a Deceit of +7, matching the dude's Discipline. Hell, I'll blow in her ear if it'll help!


Evil GM

Sal & Letitia

Tagging Letitia's Aspect: 'Distraction' you manage the 7 you need.

Letitia leans into the nuzzling with an low-lidded sultry look. Her breathing quickens visibly and her skin flushes. Whilst the sentries eyes bulge, as well, he waves them on. You can just hear him mutter; "Oh, later ladies.".

Letitia shakes her head; "Sorry, hope that wasn't over-the-top. I just sort of got into the role. Now we are nearing the manor." It stretches directly before you.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal stays snuggled up to Letitia, stroking her hair, until they are out of range of the gatehouse lights, then disentangles and scoots over to a more appropriate seat. "Sorry about that Letty, but you did say you could hang, and the last thing we needed there was a pitched battle." She hugs her elbows and shivers a bit. "I'm really sorry..." she trails off.

She watches the manor approach. "He never did tell us where to go to set up with the band. Must have got distracted." She chuckles. "Now what?"


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth, guitar in hand, also wanders around, as a "traveling minstrel", trying to figure out just what's going on....

Classical guitar... How... uninspiring. Still, I dinnae want tae get thrown out for switching tae Celtic rock, or better still, Anarchy in the UK... As nice as the irony would be, I dinnae think this crowd would appreciate it...

Investigation: 2 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 2 + (3, 2, 3, 2) - 8 = 4

Despite the extra concentration his playing requires, he looks around the place and pauses... There's a lot of the government here....

He realizes that he's struck the strings a little too hard, smiles sheepishly and returns to his playing.... catching the look of panic oin Danny's face and the subtle wave.

He nods his head to his current audience and mutters, "Apologies, it seems one of the strings here is fraying. I'll be back in a wee moment after I replace it." and heads toward Danny as his own earlier concerns start to echo back in his mind, The bomb brought everyone here, so they could be at this party... This isnae a coincidence...

He closes with Danny and also begins fiddling with his guitar, whispering, "I dinnae like this. Remember what I said about the bomb's true purpose? We'd best learn what all this is about.."

He watches Danny's eyes shift, and then go wide as he struggles against the impact of things that Kenneth cannot see. Ach, laddie, that wasnae what I meant!


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Oops. Danny may have jumped in feet first into deeper water than I planned! :) Can I shut down the Sight without looking at anything for a specific roll? (His Lore isn't great) Or do I still have to make that 7 Mental defense roll to shut down the Sight anyway? ;P


Evil GM

Unfortunately, you have to make it anyway. But with your Fey blood & the type of party you can use you Performance instead of Lore. And if you spend a Fate Point & give a good explanation, swap another skill in place of Discipline (IE. Bluff as he can is used to the mental complexities of untruthfulness )


Evil GM

Sal & Aximeus

As you drive down the gravel drive; Letitia turns up the heater and hot air blows in the car. "It's alright, we got in." Ahead of you is the massive manor house and beside it is a two-tone marquee, noise and party sounds come from the canvas building.

Of course the manor house is not much more quiet with servant moving in and out with the occasional pair of guests.

Alertness 4:
Down on the lawn to your right down the slope is what appears to be a robed figure. As the lumbers you see a flash of pale and tattooed skin and recognise it as a ghoul. One of the flesh-eaters, in the home of the insular/humanist ROAB!

Kenneth:
Saraya talks to one of the girls who complains about her 'date'; "Love just do the business, then put the sleeping pill in his drink. Find another fella you like, I could even try for one of the musicians? Just remember get him on the camera's, we ain't being paid for fun." Saraya says with a slightly resigned tone.

Two of the ROAB talk quietly to one side: Kenneth sidles nearby knowing the right places to hide and questions to ask. One complains to the other about why they are hosting this orgy, "We can force them to approve Operation: Damocles Strike". Is the reply - what this is the don't expound; though this seems their primary objective.

One of the politicians remarks happily to his girl that he is glad to be forced North to the Alternative Parliament Location or he never would have met her.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth shakes his head, Ach, well, at least it isnae a Fawkes sort of plot. Still, we need tae shut down the cameras and prevent whatever it is this lot wants... any operation that needs blackmail tae be implemented cannae be a good thing.... Best bet would be tae find the main control room and use some magic tae hex the computers storing all this blackmail data... I cannae believe they'd trust the girls tae run their own machines.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Alertness: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 1) - 8 + 4 = 3

Herpaderp!

Sal gawps out the window as the sedan slides down the drive towards the mansion and gives a soft whistle. "Nice digs? Any idea where the backup singers need to go?"


Evil GM

"I would try the party in the tent. Although the mansion is beautiful." Letitia says as they pull up the drive.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

"I can go there, but honestly... I don't know what I'm looking for. What are you two going to do? Are we splitting up or sticking together?" Sal fiddles with her pack, making sure everything is stuffed in properly and hidden from view, and all the strapping secure.


Evil GM

Kenneth:
You said you had a way and you wanted to know when the faux-tea was consumed because.....

There's a slight wail drifting across the lake.

Danny:
A dragon howls from the lake.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth cocks his head... He's here? Then... the ROAB is working with the dragon? This gets better and better... Kenneth looks at Danny, trying to figure out if he's recovered from his shock well enough to respond to speech. "Come on, laddie, there's too much here for just one man tae handle... e'en if he is me."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

ACK! Sorry! Every time I think I'm gonna get to sit for a while and get some writing time! ;P

In the clutches of the Sight;

Danny looks, and looks. Everything is so clear, so crisp. And actually makes sense. Sort of. It's easy to forget how dangerous the Sight can be. He looks at the unusual patterns flowing around Saraya, and curiously focuses his gaze on her. Danny realizes that the patterns on her and floating through the air look familiar. It takes a few seconds to realize that he's seeing music. He's always considered that everything has it's own rhythm, it's own place in the symphony of life. Maybe it's actually true, or maybe it's just his brain translating what he's seeing into something he can relate too. But he realizes that right here, with the essence of the lust potion floating through almost everyone in the tent, and everyone under the influence of the band, he can actually make sense of things he hadn't even realized he didn't know!

Lore roll on Saraya, using Performance instead of Lore;
4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 4

As he looks, he murmurs, realizes with crystal clarity that Ken is standing right next to him.

"There are ghouls here. Their scent is coming from the lake. And the Dragon. I can hear him. The ROAB are human, but,... maybe under the influence of something? There's something about Saraya,... give me a sec,..."

Presuming I'll get something fairly good with that roll :)

After a moment, Danny's face becomes sad. "Ah. Ah dear."

He closes his eyes, and wills his Sight to close as well. He frowns slightly. His eyes snap back open. His face is calm, but his eyes stare at nothing in panic,...

"Oh dear. That's not good,..." He murmurs tensely.

'Ohcr@pOhcr@pOhCr@p! WHY can't I turn it off?!??!' He shouts in his mind. Danny takes a breath and holds it.

'Too much too soon. I'm not used to this. Sort of a sensory overload? It's like, it's trying to force its way in, instead of just being passive. Maybe the dragon? Sorry pally, but MY mind, MY rules!' Danny thinks firmly.

Danny always prided himself on his ability to convince anyone of anything, given enough time. He once claimed selling ice cream to Eskimos was child's play. He decided to put his money where his mouth was, and started trying to convince himself,...

He started with picturing the hedge maze from the 'Harry Potter' movie. The one with all the magic traps. And then he firmly slammed it in front of him, picturing that everything he saw and felt had to go through that first. Then he slammed the door to the maze, hard.

NOW to try and get out of this! :) I believe you said I had to spend a fate point to switch mental defense to Deceit?

Deceit roll:(As defense): 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 4 = 3

Danny staggered a little, so slightly that no one but Ken probably noticed.

The smells still continued to barrage him. He inhaled the scents of lust, of the Politician's physical desire, of the escorts willing compliance, or distasteful resentment. He caught the whiff of determined hope turning into a primal satisfaction from the ROAB men. The flow of phermones from the dance area. It was all mixed into a soup of primal emotions. A soup that Danny somehow felt familiar with. Not from his experience of charming his way into girl's good graces, but on a deeper level. It felt like it was a part of him. He inhaled deeply and let the music and emotions roll over him, giving him a sense of power, and closed his eyes again,...

Declaring aspect [i]'Emotional Soup' (I'll bet the GM can find a use for that later!) ;P and free tap it for an additional +2. Roll is now +5. If I understand right, that leaves 2 points. I'll take it and mark off box 2 on my mental stress. Yes?

Danny opens his eyes with a little gasp, but they focus on Ken normally. "I'm ok. I'm Ok. Give me a sec. I think, we've been played." He gasps out to Ken as the Bard helps him sit down.


Evil GM

Yes, that's perfect Rags. I'll try and get you some stuff later. But you are awake and concious feel free to discuss plans of action...

Letitia looks to Sal, "The guys are probably in there. Join them?" she points to the tent.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal takes a deep breath and swings her pack jauntily over one shoulder before strutting towards the tent. Once inside, she observes the goings-on for a moment before trying to work her way through the crowd nearer the bandstand, hoping to keep up her cover of backup singer without getting close enough to the band to have anyone there call her on it.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

As Sal makes her way through the dances, she notices that her dress is not so very out of place, as there is a wide variety of women's fashion on display. She wanders through the crowd, observing the politicians and their companions, the servers, the security. Well, if she wasn't going to go sing, she'd better look like a guest. She snags a glass of wine from a passing server and starts sipping it as she strolls.


Evil GM

Letitia moves into the tent, taking a differing course from Sal. She picks up a champagne flute trying to blend in with her corporate punk look. Hanging around the stage she looks for the pair of men, Danny & Kenneth. Sipping at the champagne and undoing the last button of her jacket.

Letitia Champagne: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 3) - 8 + 2 = 4
Letitia's Defence: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 1) - 8 + 3 = 1
Letitia's Alertness: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 1) - 8 + 2 = 2
Sal's Champagne: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 3) - 8 + 2 = 0

Discipline Defense from Sal to overcome the lust potion.

One of the waiting staff move over to Danny and place a drink and a couple of canapes before him; "Are you alright?" he asks before being waved off.

Danny:
Saraya. She is slightly lost, she doesn't want to be so manipulative however it gets things done. And it gets people to notice her, something she's always desired since her father left her & her mother. Getting her powers and knowledge from her grand-mother, they have been a poor family. As such she doesn't want anything to do with the White Council and the pomposity - she would have the power to be amongst them. But she hides it.

She feels remorseful about some of the things she has done, especially this party. Hence inviting you & Kenneth over. She knows that Black-mail is wrong - but they are politicians. She is just acting as a middle man for the ROAB, not doing any of the actual blackmail. She also doesn't like them, since they want to kill everyone with any magic in them.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Discipline: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 1) - 8 + 2 = 1


Evil GM

The music gently flows across the tent and Letitia picks up another glass of bubbly. She finds Sal and points out the pair of men; "That duo of cuties is Kenneth & Danny, pity Jericho isn't here. His father Warwick...." she smiles. "Anyway they are the pair in trouble."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"I just disagreed with something that ate me. I'm good." Danny waves off the server with a weak smile. He grabs a drink, makes sure it isn't champagne, then chugs it. He glances at Ken and looks more like his usual self.

"Sorry about that. I don't use it enough, wasn't expecting all that input to be so, forward." He smirks.

"We were played. Saraya invited us here because I think she's playing both sides of the fence. She's helping the hosts get dirt on the politicians. Specifically blackmailable dirt. But I,... don't think she really wants to. At least I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind if the process got interrupted." Danny smirks. Then goes serious.

"Ohmigosh. Ghouls! Here! I could smell them. They're trying to get control of the entire Parliament. They're working with the Emperor."

"I shoulda known. A fully authentic Chinese Junk parked alongside an otherwise generically themed party? Kind of obvious. In retrospect." Danny says wryly.

"SO, Um,... What do we do? IF the Dragon-ling is here, then 'Daddy' might not be far away. I REALLY can't afford to let him see me if anything spooky-side goes down." Danny says, looking around the tent.

Perception. Looking for 'Daddy', but let's see if he can pick out the ladies.
4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 1 = 0


Evil GM

Letitia comes over to Danny & Kenneth; "Hi, this is Sal, she helped us defuse the bomb in London. She's amazing." Then Letitia looks around for Aximeus. "We left Trip in London, the hospital say he'll be fine. Axe is about, somewhere." she gently sips upon her drink.

Mechanics:
Champagne: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 3) - 8 + 3 = 4
Letitia's Discipline: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 1) - 8 + 3 = 5


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth nods and says, "Well, interesting. So we're here tae be their undoing... that's a plan I can agree with. A'course, I think we're just here tae ease the guilt the lass may have -- she brought us, she did something, so she isnae responsible for what else happens here."

Kenneth snarls slightly, "I dinnae care for tha'. I am only the instrument of one woman's will, and she be a goddess, ye ken."

He shakes his head, We have other things tae worry about, and the fact your here likely means the goddess wanted ye tae be, so let's be about it....

"Since we dinnae have time for a real plan, my suggestion is this - we hide inside and try tae find the computers, and I'll ask Brigid to remind the digital beasties why the Old Ways are still the best. Sensitive recording equipment and digital media dinnae do well 'round the righteous fury of a Herald. If Daddy's anyplace, he's likely with Scaleface.. and from the loud cry, I dinnae think that's a healthy place tae be right noo..... ah, the cavalry arrives."

Kenneth points at the champagne glass in Letita's hand, "You probably shouldnae be drinking that right now if you want tae be keeping your wits about you..." He smiles and throws a quick wink, adding, "...though I highly recommend keeping a bottle or two for later... and well met, Sal. I be Kenneth, this here is Danny-boy, and we're on the side of all that's right and good, or some such."

He quickly fills in the ladies on what he and Danny have seen, and then says, "So, step one, we need a distraction for Danny and I tae sneak about and fry the machines and generally ruin the day of these ROAB bastirds. And then, for kickers, near as we can tell, there be a weakened, poisoned dragon on that boat who's suddenly found himself subjected to the threshold that is the whole of the British Isles.... and we'd best deal with that before he gets himself a new spot o' tea."

He smiles and nods his head in salute of Letita's punk style and says, "On the plus side, I think this is about tae become my type of party."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny nods at Letitia, and points to her glass as Ken explains the situation.

"Yeah. The champagne's been love-potion whammied. Or more accurately, LUST-potion whammied." Danny laughs.
He looks at Sal with a raised eyebrow.

"Hel-lo Sally!" He grins, holding out his hand.

"Diversions are awesome. I'm all about diversions. Di-versions, I can do!" He adds with a wink, looking for his guitar.

"Whatever we do, We better decide chop-chop." Danny adds, pointing to the band who sounds like their winding down towards a break. "We do NOT want the entire lust-enslaved Parliament all heading towards bedrooms. At least not until you can take care of the peeping ROAB problem." Danny smirks.

"I can probably keep them dancing for a few more minutes after the band takes a break. Especially if Sal here can dance?" He asks with a hopeful gleam in his eye. "You and Letitia go and do some property damage. (I never get to do the FUN stuff)." He mock-pouts towards Sal.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal looks at her half-empty flute with raised eyebrows, the drains it. "Really? I know some places in Soho this stuff'd be worth a fortune! If it worked, that is. Can't say I'm really feeling it, lucky for you two."

She grins at Kenneth and Danny, then sticks out her hand. "Name's Adriana, but do call me 'Sal'. Axe was trying to look like kitchen staff, so maybe he's gone to scout? On the way back from London, the three Ladies warned us about this shindig. Said the guy you are trying to catch knows about it and is setting a trap for you. I don't know exactly what the plans are, but you need to figure he's onto you. Now, does that change things any? And I don't know how I can fit into your scheme unless you want somebody snuck up on or shot, though I can headbang with the best..."


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

"You know, if you want to keep people out of the bedrooms and destroy computers, you could just set the place on fire," Sal remarks sensibly, taking another flute of champagne.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny raises an eyebrow at Sal's casual emptying of the champagne flute.

"Oh I like her!" He grins.

"Don't worry about Axe. Give him five minutes with the caterers and he'll be running the kitchen! And we just figured out our dragon-wannabe is here. That delightful off-key tuba your hearing is him discovering that we switched his special tea for a discount brand. I suppose it's too much to hope that he'll just go away now. But at least he should be easier to handle than the LAST time we met." He gives an unfeigned shudder.

"But for right this second, once the band stops playing, we need to keep these people in the tent until Letitia and Ken can ixnay the ecordingnay." His eyes narrow as he looks at Sal thoughtfully.

"Can you,... Dance?" He smiles evilly.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal eyes Danny curiously and downs the second champagne. "What's the plan? How ya gonna keep 'em down in the tent after they've seen the mansion?"

Discipline: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 2 = 3


Evil GM

Letitia smiles looking Sal up and down; "I'm sure she can. Now who spiked this drink? I'll need to have a word with them later." she puts down her empty glass.

Looking to Kenneth, she nods "We are going into the mansion? To make everything go with a bang." The warden appears to be wearing only a dark bra under her jacket, her shirt seemingly gone missing.

Invoking Sal's "Every Human has Limits" Aspect to ensure she drinks the second. Has she reached her limits with the drinks.

Letitia Champagne Attack: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 3) - 8 + 3 = 1
Letitia Discipline: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 3 = 5
Sal's Champagne Attack: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 3) - 8 + 3 = 2

Sal's defence succeeds, it seems these ladies are immune to aphrodisiacs. ;p


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

I'm sure Laura will be most pleased when I relate that bit to her later...


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
Adriana 'Sal' Salazar wrote:

Sal eyes Danny curiously and downs the second champagne. "What's the plan? How ya gonna keep 'em down in the tent after they've seen the mansion?"

[dice=Discipline]4d3-8+2

Danny shakes his head at Sal's drinking the second flute of champagne.

"Since I doubt than ANY of these folks have YOUR tolerance for alcohol," Danny indicates the spiked champagne glasses. "I might need a little help getting their attention. Once I have it,... Well, I don't usually have a problem with being the center of attention. Or keeping it." He smirks.

"OK, I spoke to the band earlier. I'm pretty sure this is their last song before they take a break. You guys skedaddle and get into the house pronto. Shut down this little blackmail session before it gets in full swing. As SOON as the band stops, I'll fill in. I should be able to keep them here for a few songs." He says confidently.

He picks up Sal's empty first glass. "I'm going to use their own potion against them." He grins.

Danny leans his trusty old acoustic against the side of the stage and pulls his guitar case forward. A zipper and flick of the wrist, and what looked like a solid case for an electric guitar is revealed to be a mere slip cover for the actual guitar itself. Presuming that anyone besides Danny would still call the heavily modified contraption a 'guitar'. If an electric guitar mated with a Tesla coil, this would be the love child. Max from the pawn shop had promptly dubbed it 'Frankenitar'.

Danny called it his 'Battle Axe'.

The singer slipped the strap over his neck, adjusting the unusual extra weight till it was bearable, if not comfortable. The guitar had started out as a steel guitar, and now had a real steel neck and back for both strength and acoustic reasons. It was as thick as a regular acoustic, and still functioned as one, if maybe not as loud, seeing as how every available bit of interior space (and some of the exterior) was crammed with every available semi-useful device Danny could cram in. Including mini-speakers and amp, an electronic drum kit, and synth card. It turns out that Max was some kind of mechanical genius, and the pawn shop owner had done most of the interior work on the beast himself. Max had promised that the interior electronics were shielded for everything up to and including an EMP pulse from a nuke. He had carefully not promised anything about magic-slinging wizards though.

The devices were all so energy efficient that the whole contraption ran on a few batteries. No power cord needed. Danny had played with it before, and everything supposedly worked. But this was the Battle Axe's first real road test. His finger hovered over the switches and he looked up at Ken and Letitia.

"You guys better scoot before I fire this thing up. If you hear REAL fireworks, come back for the finale, ok?" He grins.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth raises an eyebrow at Danny's toy and then smiles, and says breathlessly, "Ye have tae let me give tha' a whirl, later."

He turns to the Warden, "We have some computers tae fry while Danny rocks the house. Let's go."


Evil GM

Letitia turns and takes Kenneth's arm against her, "Well we had best blend in." she says with a hint of slurring to her voice. "That's a nice piece of wood you have there Danny, pity I cannot stay and listen."

She holds onto Kenneth as they walk to the mansion. At the door are a pair of suited gentlemen, they glance lingeringly at the Warden. "Rooms are upstairs." one says simply. The massive foyer has a winding stair to the upper floors, and exits to the various downstairs rooms.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal looks askance at the monster guitar. "Right, well... I don't think you'll have trouble rocking the house with that. Just in case, I'll get set up close to the exit nearest the mansion. Anybody decides to leave, I'll try to get them dancing. Or start a mosh pit. Or headbang them into unconsciousness. Something."

Sal scoots over to take a position near where Letitia and Kenneth left.


Evil GM

The suited, military 'bouncer' near the door nods to Sal, maintaining his guard. Though he gives her a quick look over, he then carries on scanning the crowd. Sal can tell that he has no shoulder, ankle or small of back holster; it appears he is not armed. But from the lean muscular chest and unassuming middle aged face it's probably that he is ex-British special forces.

The band slow down in their music, they appear not to have long until a break.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny nods to ken, waggling his eyebrows. "Sure thing. Later." He adds, making little shooing motions as the bard and wizardress hurry off.

He nods to Sal as well. "Just don't go TOO far. I've got a plan, but I might need help getting it rolling. People are gullible, but much more so when they're distracted to begin with. Just follow my lead." He smirks.

Danny glances at the tent entrance, making sure that Ken and Letitia are out of sight. Holding his breath, he flips a switch. The Axe silently hums to life. He grins.

"Let's rock this joint!" He smirks in his best Jim Carrey/The Mask imitation.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Sal screams, hopping up and down and throwing the horns, praying that Danny starts the music fast!


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

As soon as the band breaks, and announces it, Danny hops up on stage before the speaker has finished turning from the mic.

Granted, it wasn't quite as dramatic as Danny had hoped, since the extra weight of his Battle Axe drug him down and made him have to do the step a second time to make it up. But since most of the guests were fully into the effects of the champange-induced lust potions no one really noticed.

Danny hopped up to the mic, and proceeded to rattle off a bit of snappy patter in his smarmy announcer voice, like the guy from the dance contest scene in Grease.

"You've wined! You've dined! You've kissed a grand goodbye! But in the words of YOUR generation, ARE YOU READY TO ROCK!?!" Danny calls out in a voice that proves he doesn't actually need a microphone. The sudden exodus slows, the sheer volume and stage presence of Danny capturing their attention for a moment. Danny grins. He continues in his smarmy announcer voice, speaking so swiftly that he's almost convinced them to stay before the words are actually out of his mouth. While he rattles, he flips another switch on the Axe, and a drum beat pounds out between his phrases, like a heartbeat, "thump-thump, thump-thump",...

"The night is cool, your feeling' hot!
Time to go and do things that you should not!
Stay right where you are!
No time to frown!
Who says you can't stay vertical while gettin' down?!?
Well warm up your hips and cool your jets!
Cuz its time to rock the big dance contest!
Just follow my lead, forget the door!
The action is right here on the floor!
Time to slap some a$$ and have some BALLS,
thats what it's all about after all!
So throw your mittens around your kittens and AWAY WE GOOOOOO!"

Performance! 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 1) - 8 + 4 = 3

Danny's presence and rapid patter gets the attention he was hoping for. Now to keep it!

He launches enthusiastically into 'The Beatin' by Huey Lewis, the pounding bass/drumbeat of the song like a collective heartbeat, everyone in the tent feeling the beat, their own heartbeats following in time. Pushed by their own instincts and the potion-powered lust into Danny's song, the Parliament members are drawn forward towards their partners and into the dance like moths to a flame. I hope!

Danny's power isn't 'magic' in the sense that he knows wizards can do it, his is the gift of a beautiful voice, the ability to lie with a straight face, and a talent for illusions. He's discovered that the Fae, and he to some extent, can create illusions, and manipulate emotions tied to those illusions. He's practiced, and he's getting pretty good. Good enough to fool most any normal off the street 9 times out of 10 anyway. But it's a LOT easier to focus on one person than a crowd. And he was afraid that there were far too many non-normals in this particular tent. Instead of trying to beguile every potioned mark in the tent, he focused instead on the atmosphere in the tent itself. It was already a seething mass of pheromones, thanks to the afore-mentioned lust potion, and there was no way he was going to be able to override the momentum those under it's effect had already gained. He's a singer, not a miracle worker. But something in Danny's nature was perfectly at home in the middle of a bunch of older people acting like over-hormonal adolescents. Something he picked up from his Fae mother no doubt. He was pretty sure he could use the power of the potion against itself, if he timed it right.

If he didn't, he could end up with a full-blown public orgy on his hands.

Which, he thought, MIGHT still be better off than the private blackmail that the ROAB had planned. But he'd rather not find out the hard way.

He tuned his voice and playing towards the darker sounds, building upon the sexual energy already in the tent, and cast an illusion affecting the lighting. He kept it simple at first, dimming and flashing the lights in the tent in time with the beat of the song. As the song continued and the participants got more involved, he added color, flashing spots moving around, no rhyme or reason other than the beat. He knew the the people running the event were bound to figure out soon that the lighting was doing things it shouldn't be doing, considering the lack of things like effect lighting and moving lights. He just hoped they didn't figure out that it was HIM until he had tried to free the people from the potion.

He had to keep playing and get everyone involved, he had to get them riled up till the point of overwhelming frenzy,... and hopefully burn the potions effects BEFORE they actually lost control here on the dance floor.

Declaring aspect 'PHEROMONE SOUP' on the tent interior. Declaring Aspect 'EASIER TO FOLLOW THAN LEAVE' on those under the potions influence. Free tapping BOTH for a +2 from each, giving me a total of +4 to my roll. Total roll is now +7 'Yeah baby! Whose the King! Whose the King!' :)

Danny sees it working. Heck he can FEEL it working! At first glance he doesn't see anyone with a partner still heading towards the door. He slips into another rock song with a smooth transition and spin of a knob on the guitar. This one more metal and even more pounding bass line than before.

And That's enough from me for today! I'll give the others a chance to post, (going for the house) and then i'll try part two of Dannys master plan! (and I have a song for that one!) :)


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal sticks near the door and tries to intercept anybody who leaves by dragging them into a headbanging dance.

Dragging seems more her style than enticing. Let me know if you want a check. \m/ \m/


Evil GM

Kenneth

Letitia takes his hand, and you can feel a slight tremble. She doesn't seem used to this kind of under-cover work, although as a Warden there is a streak of steel in her. Leaning over she whispers; "Sorry, I'm more used to going into vampires lairs and laying waste to them, than going up to a room with a man I met only a couple of days ago." her breath is warm and the smell of her skin is enchanting.

With a light giggle, she looks to one of the stern men behind the reception counter and walks past him going up the stairs. She doesn't quite realise how short her skirt is; "The rooms are this way!" she calls out.

Danny & Sal

The audience watch slightly glassy eyed as Danny gets onto the stage, thrum with an exuberance at Sal's clarion call. Then the first chord rolls over the tent and a pressure seems to build

Figuratively the years slip of the audience as they start to move to dance as they used to a decade or three ago. Slowly at first all of the politicians and civil servants reserve drains from them. Bodies start to flow with the music, showing a greater synchronism than you would expect of a group especially of middle-aged desk-jockeys.

More than a couple of people, take the hands (amongst other things) of their escorts. Dancing in pairs, bodies writhe against each other an ecstatic smile upon their face.

Pulsing lights match the pulsing bodies, as the gyrate and bounce to the music. Jackets and shirts are discarded as the heat in the tent, the clothes getting sticky with sweat. A few of the escorts are now drinking the wine and discarding a few pieces of clothing. From the stage the sight is quite gratifying.

The warmth of the tent is mixed with some sweat, but hidden by the pheromones with are made virtually tangible by the music. The audience is rapt by the music seemingly hanging on every note.

A man in a shirt and 40's walks over to Sal, grey just brushing the temples of his short hair. "Are you with him?" he asks flashing his perfect pearly teeth and pointing to the stage.

A bouncer near the door where Sal is stood looks to the stage strangely, his body seems to involuntary move to the music. A grim look breaks across his face; you could virtually read his thoughts "Something is up..."


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe with his duffle bag heads toward the kitchens, mumbling to himself "you never know what they put in walk in refridgerators"

He introduces himself to the kitchen crew while putting on his white chef garments and hat from his duffel.

sorry I am late, where do you want me Axe takes stock in the situation in the kitchen and looks at the prep and serving menu.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Alertness on the ride in and then alertness to the situation in the kitchen, any guards here? he walks toward the fridge and freezers to take a look to put his duffel in side. He takes out his carving and pareing knives.

4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 3) - 8 + 1 = 2

4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 1 = -1


Evil GM

Aximeus

A man of middle years in his whites points Aximeus over to one of the side bars. "If you could get on with some of the prep over there. And remember don't drink any of the champagne." the kitchen is busy and seems quite over-worked despite the professional organisation.

The head-chef seems not be one to head count and accepts Aximeus' inclusion to the ten or so chefs. There are no guards around the kitchen, which is located just off the reception hall. Waiting staff move between the kitchen and outside where the party is. It now seems to be rocking and have a light show on.

A young man, obviously the kitchen skivvie joins the Greek hero; "Ayup mate, the main meal is over - just canapes and desert. Although, I saw what some of the men are having for desert." he whistles referring to the ladies.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal glances at the stage and back to the suit. "With him? I just met him! And he seems to be doing just fine without backup singers, so I can shake a leg."

Turning to the guard, she taunts, "How about you, shavetail? Can you keep up?" and holds out a hand to each of them invitingly.


Evil GM

Sal

The older party-goer smiles at Sals' denial of any relationship, pleased he might have a chance. The drinks obviously making his demeanour more readable than usual for a politician. "I'm sure I can keep up with you." he says smoothly taking her hand.

The guard glances to her, slightly unsure.

Deceit roll please, to misdirect him away from the stage performance.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe will work hard for a bit to establish his credentials in the kitchen, watch the others, heck maybe he can pick up a technique or two; see who is talkative among the staff then on the sly ask him/her

I have taking some shots to the head; and English ain't me first language; I heard em say a few thing bout the champ ange; whassa deal there again please?


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Deceit: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 3) - 8 + 2 = 4

Sal bats those big brown eyes appealingly at the ex-SAS man.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth, realizing that he needs to blend in, leans in to whisper with a flirtatious wink, "Dinnae fret lassie, I'm not the kind that bites... at least not at first."

He then looks at the Warden and her resulting slight giggle with growing concern, Ach, lassie, dinnae tell me ye've fallen for the drink.. We dinnae hae time tae deal with tha'... Blast! He smiles slightly as he chuckles on the inside, Ach, Lady, ye have a keen sense of humour about such things. I suppose I did ask for an improvement in my love life.

He lets Letitia take the lead, grabbing her hand and letting her pull him forward while appreciatively admiring the view, Now, that is a killer skirt, that.

He catches up to the Warden and pulls her back to him, lifting her off the ground into a playful hug and whispers, "I think our best bet is to get intae a room and play our part, then release a burst of magic. I cannae think they'd use anything but digital imaging, and hexing the camera should be child's play for the likes of us. Once that's done and we ken we arenae being watched.... we can set up a bigger blast of mojo tae send down the camera's link to fry the central storage centre."


Evil GM

Aximeus

The youth you are talking to seems very talkative, going on about a wide range of subjects in the fast-paced ego of youth. "Champagne, I dunno, they prolly don't want us guzzling the good stuff. But we been told we can take other stuff." he shrugs; "Not really fair, some of t' glasses are still full."

The lad still cleans and washes up; "Course they paying up enough, and if you ain't been properly told about that. You should also know to keep away from the lake! There's some dogs and a Chinese boat out there, I think it's some important politicians. Probably arms deal or summat." he concludes guessing wildly.

Whilst there are a few things that can be picked up about the flow of a Michellin star restaurant, how the dishes are created and moved from the kitchen in the minimum time. There are also a few techniques on show for patiserie that are quite exceptional.

Sal

The crop-haired bouncer raises an eye-brow at the invite; it had been a few years since he had an opportunity to dance with such an interesting woman. Having been busy with this job since he got out of service, wryly resenting the amount of hours he has put forth with menial tasks. (Whilst secretly relishing the few opportunities of action). This was a good opportunity for action he judges and moves to the dance floor with Sal and the bland politician.

The thumping music reminds him of his days in the clubs in Newcastle, but the ladies here are more demurely dressed.

2,001 to 2,050 of 4,059 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.