Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


1,851 to 1,900 of 4,059 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth says, "Dae ye ken of a nearby place like a warehouse I could spend a spot of time conjuring up a few surprises before we lead our goonish friends tae us?"


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Well, I'm not exactly a local. Let's take a quick gander shall we? I'm sure we can find something close by. As long as we're not TOO picky!" Danny responds with a smirk.


Evil GM

Kenneth & Danny

There are a few large abandoned shops that line the road, as part of terraced house. Some of these have large metal sheets across the windows, they seem to have fallen into disuse.

Also near the ends of most streets are railway arches; underneath these are garages with heavy metal doors. Danny knows many are empty, having been forced to practise with his band in some similar ones (well he's the one forcing his friends to actually practise).

Sal

As the darkness touches you leg; Trip rounds the corner. Usually a placid man his face is open with shock. "We have to do something Sal. Get moving!" he orders.

Whether he means to enter the flat or run away is open to interpretation; however he looks quite startled and holds a pistol openly in his hand. There is a retort from the flat above and a yelp and curse in Mandarin.

The attack was equal so would usually do a minimum of 1 stress. But the shadows attack had a Weapon value. It's a Weapon:2 so you mark off the second box. Filling both your mental stress boxes.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Cold and fear leech the heart from Sal and she stands frozen on the doorstep, shadow grasping at her feet and ankles. Trip's appearance and command break the spell. Not now, not again, she thinks, and one look at Trip's face emphasizes the need for action.

This is bad, this is bad, this is bad...

echoes inside her head as she glances at the cowled man behind the Spartan, the suit behind Trip, and the shadow at her feet, but her body obeys its training and the world shifts into slow motion. She pulls one booted foot from the shadow and aims a trained kick at the door right next to the latch, knowing the frames around here were generally flimsy.

♪♫ Trouble ahead, trouble behind. ♫♪

Music starts crazily inside her skull as the heel of her DM smashes the door open, latch plate ripping from the frame. Her vision is all down the sight of her pistol, both arms supporting the gun straight ahead of her eyes, head and shoulders and arms swiveling as a unit as she commits and bursts into the room, sweeping a fast 180 to scan for danger, though it seems to take forever.

surprise, m********ers... don'twannadothisbutcan'tstayinthatshadow... baddiesherebaddiestherebaddiesbaddieseverywhere... whereareyouwhereareyouwhereareyou...

The adrenaline-fueled hammering of her heart feels like an earthquake in her chest.

Per our discussion, DSX, using Trip's command to trigger 'Sir, Yes Sir!' and add +2 to Athletics against the shadow, avoiding the attack and the consequence. Let me know if I marked the boxes correctly.
P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◙ ◘ FP: ◙ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth picks one of the shops, No squatters means there willnae be a threshold tae weaken me link to the Lady.

He looks at Danny, "Can ye lead them on a wild goose chase for, say, fifteen minutes. After that, I should be able tae keep them off your back for the rest of the hour, letting you make the swap."

With that, he draws his sgian-dubh and begins shaving off small pieces of the doorframe. Links... check...

He steps deeper into the warehouse, and begins sketching a small pattern on the ground, placing the slivers of wood at their centre. Let's see what happens tae goons if we use the Fire of Inspiration to burn the good ideas right out of their head...

Thaumaturgical Fun..:

Magical Trap, creating aspect "DERAILED TRAIN OF THOUGHT" in targets.
Creating an aspect is a maneuver, with a minimum complexity of 3.
Wanting to zap everyone in the zone is +2.
Wanting to have some oomph to the attack, we'll add 3 more.
Current Complexity: 8.
Normally, a ward will last until sunset, or about "an afternoon".
Cranking back duration to 60 minutes is a -2 shift to complexity. (Anything less and even if the ward doesn't fall apart, the effect won't last long enough).
Current Complexity: 6
Kenneth will draw upon the Righteous Flames of his sword as a power source (invoking the aspect), reducing complexity to 4. [As a result, Kenneth won't be able to use the sword's magic until the ward's done, sadly, but it's the price we pay].
Kenneth's Lore of 4 means he can build it in his head without preparation.

Being in a hurry, he'll draw as much power as he can (safely) to try to make the spell work, knowing that he can't afford to slowly power up the spell the old-fashioned way... Discipline: 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (1, 1, 3, 3) - 8 = 4

Success -- he gets the spell on his first try, enough power to run things -- Since my Conviction is also 4, there's no stress.

So, that should be a total attack of 6 shifts (needing 3 to set the aspect) to everyone who comes through the door.

Kenneth smiles as the flames burn away the slivers of wood, and he sees an echoing flash on the doorframe.

Ambush!:

He then looks around the area, planning his ambush, noting carefully the OFF-BALANCE CRATES, taking advantage of the SHADOWY CORNERS and planting the other half of his listening wire near the door to the back room, making sure it's OOOH! SHINY!

He then finds a good place to hide in the SHADOWY CORNERS, flashing back to hiding from his older sisters for a moment as he does so.

Stealth (Hiding): 3 + 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ 3 + (3, 3, 1, 2) - 8 + 2 = 6

So, Kenneth's planning to use the crates to knock out Fric and Frac.

He'll let the Hide roll stand for his ambush, which should mean that they can't defend beyond mediocre (+0) because of the ambush (unless they're super-perceptive).

When they enter the warehouse, Kenneth will push down the OFF-BALANCE CRATES while they are distracted by the OOH! SHINY! and taking advantage of their DERAILED TRAIN OF THOUGHT.

So, the attack would (I assume) also come from Stealth, this time, I'll tag my aspect -> RUNT OF THE LITTER (from all the times I jumped out and surprised my annoying older sisters -- especially when they were with their boyfriends) and spend a Fate Point.

Ambush Attack: 3 + 4d3 - 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ 3 + (1, 3, 2, 2) - 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 11 [Total of 4 tags] {I would think the crates are, themselves, probably a weapon 2, but that would pay the cost of making a zone-sized attack, so that's a wash.}

Ok, so, I'm hoping they'll let the crates take them out rather than taking both an severe and a moderate, and staying up -- but if they don't, I imagine that Kenneth can probably mop them up at that point by tagging the heck out of those consequences -- he'd rather do it magically than have to wade in and use his sword to do it -- a few strikes of a conjured Hammer of the Forge should put them down without killing them.

If, however, they're still in decent shape after the crate attack, Kenneth will head out the back door and lead them on a chase, tagging their consequences to ensure he can get ahead, and eventually, away.

Sadly, as I said in the discussion thread, I may be out of town and not get to see the spiffiness happen.


Evil GM

Sal

Sal bursts into the kitchen, it's open plan so she can see ahead of her into the living door. A man in a suit is wrestling with the nervous looking gentleman trying to get a gun out of his hands. In a big armchair is a youth, with a glassy eyed look of a man under the influence of narcotics watching the fight with a smile upon his face.

Techno-music blazes a pulsing beat drowning out the grunting of the men, as they struggle both start to turn towards the intruder.

From the corner of your eye you see a man crouched down, behind the sofa - just in case the stray bullets were coming his way. There's a look of fear in his eyes; much like there was in Trips. Speaking of which Trip runs through the shadow to follow the outrageously dressed Sal inside. The shadow pulls at him, connecting and making the ex-SAS man wild eyed.

However, the shadow is stopped by the threshold of the apartment bouncing off an invisible barrier.

Shadow Attack:
Vs Trips Athletics: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 1) - 8 + 4 = 5
Defence: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 2 = 1


Evil GM

Sal

As Sal smashes into the kitchen, she can see the man behind the sofa fumble with a semi-automatic machine pistol. There is a definite click as the safety comes off.

Danny & Kenneth, I'll wait for one more post (or a day) before resolving the Ambush. The Twins father has left the shop, the shopkeeper is there alone.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

"No! Bad! Drop your weapons, all of you!" Sal yells, and takes a shot at Mr. Machine Pistol - a serious one, not a warning shot.

This is too big a deal to be nice.

Close-range pistol: 5 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 5 + (3, 2, 3, 3) - 8 = 8


Evil GM

Trip is shocked by the chill that runs through his veins. Letting out a high pitched wail, his eyes go wide with fright. He has a flashback to the middle-eastern conflict of his youth, the nightmares will return. Moderate Consequence (Flash-backs of Fear)

Sal's shot resounds in the room, the horrible retort and muzzle flash echoes throughout. Then the man on the floor is hit, never having a chance to unleash the burst of weapon-fire that could have created a mist of blood.
Cowering Man defence: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 = 5

So he takes 8-5+2-0 = 5 damage, He takes a Minor Consequence (bloodied) and marks off his 3-box

He rolls behind the cover of the sofa, readying himself...

Mechanics:
Nervous Bloke: ◘ ◘ ◘
MiB: ◘ ◙ ◘ ◘
Cowering Man: ◘ ◘ ◙
Stoned Man: ◘ ◘ ◘
----------
Trip: ◘ ◙ ◘ -Moderate Consequence (Flash-backs of Fear) Severe Consequence (Punctured Lung!)

Trip fires at the Nondescript figure in black suit, unlike the dark figure outside this one has a calm presence. Reminding Trip of the men that covered up everything in Afghanistan he opens fire.

Trip Guns Attack: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 2) - 8 + 4 = 4
MiB Defence Athletics: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 3 = 4

So MiB takes 4-4=0 so it hits and does Weapon:2. 2 stress. That is the box marked off.

The pair grappling on the floor; "Told you, blood. It's bare times, brethren." the nervous man says in a thick urban accent - British despite his Oriental heritage. They both sort of spin as they aim at Trip, the cold uncaring eyes of the suited man steadying the crazed youth.

Calm Shot" Aspect from MiB: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 4 = 4
Nervous Man Guns: 4d3 - 8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 + 2 = 7
Trip Defence Athletics: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 1) - 8 + 2 = 1

Ouch! Trip takes 7 -1 +2. 8 Stress! He wants to help Sal out thus takes a Severe Consequence (Punctured Lung!) reducing it by 6. And he takes 2 stress, thus marking off this box.

In the chair the drug-addled man, pulls a pistol with one hand and with the other takes a long drag of his spill before blowing out an extraordinary quantity of the smoke. It obscures his form significantly.

Stoner Blocking Mist: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 5


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

"Trip! Take cover! Drop 'em or you're dead, guys."

Sal steps behind the couch and takes another shot at the guy who's trying to use it for cover, before he can bring his machine pistol to bear.

Close range pistol: 5 + 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ 5 + (2, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 2 = 7


Evil GM

Sal

The man behind the sofa slumps forward, the machine pistol sliding away from his fingers.
Cowering defence: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 = 4
7 - 4 + 2= 5 stress! Thus rather than take another consequence the man is taken out.

Trip spins away to take the scant cover afforded by the architraves of the kitchens doorway. Trying to keep the return fire away, he leans out slightly and levels a hail of suppression fire at the man. Trip coughs up blood as his weapon fires wildly.

Trip Scene Aspect: 'Hail Storm of Bullets': 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 1) - 8 + 4 = 5
So there is a Aspect upon the scene of 'Hail Storm of Bullets' that may add a +2 to one roll (for free).

"Joshua, Trevor kill them! They both must die." the tones of the MiB match the calm demeanour as he walks out of the room. Despite the hail of bullets that slice through the air with deadly abandon, he cares not. He walks out the back of the room towards a bedroom or hallway.

Standing from the soft comfortable chair, the stoned man emerges from his shroud of smoke. In the cramped conditions of the British room, Trevor moves to get close to the lady with a wide smile on his face. He draws the fat spiff from his mouth and flicks it towards Sal's face trying to put her 'off-balance'.

Stoner Aspect: Off-Balance upon Sal: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 3) - 8 + 3 = 2
Defence from Sal Athletics/ Weapons.

Whilst the nervous man seeing all the bullets fly around him, screams insanely and dives towards the kitchen. His pistol fires and fires again a deadly crescendo as it seems to match the increasing pitch of the screams. Seeing the blood upon Trip, Joshua grins toothily.

Nervous Pistol shot: 4d3 - 8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 3) - 8 + 3 + 2 = 4
Trip Defence: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 2 = 6

However Trip keeps the edge of the doorway between him and the raving gunman.

Mechanics:
Nervous Bloke (Joshua): ◘ ◘ ◘
MiB: ◘ ◙ ◘ ◘
Cowering Man: ◘ ◘ ◙ -Minor Consequence (bloodied) TAKEN OUT
Stoned Man (Trevor): ◘ ◘ ◘
----------
Trip: ◘ ◙ ◘ -Moderate Consequence (Flash-backs of Fear) Severe Consequence (Punctured Lung!)


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

yikes, discipline, soft glowing light of hope is really cool

4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 3) - 8 + 1 = 3


Evil GM

Aximeus

You push past the cowled figure and the motes of light keep him at bay. However his touch chills the soul slightly, (Mark off your 1 box of mental stress. Then darkness and a dark feeling washes over you...Discipline defence against 1. You know this is a fear inducing spell, you felt something similar upon the battlefields of the Spanish Civil war.

A shot resounds from the apartment, a shadow claws at the threshold. To get past it you require a Athletics:4 roll, or whatever you can thing of.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Athletics to dodge flying butt: 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (2, 3, 2, 3) - 8 = 5

Sal jinks aside to avoid the distraction, then dives for the machine pistol falling from the dead man's fingers, skidding along the floor, then rolls to one knee. She levels both pistols at the stoner and sprays a hail of shots at the stoner.

Stoner shot: 5 + 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 5 + 4 + (1, 2, 1, 3) - 8 = 8

Tagging Trip's 'Hailstorm of Bullets' for a +2 to the shot. Spending a Fate Point to grab the fallen machine pistol and fire both for Weapon:4. Spend another to invoke "On the Run" since those mysterious MiB are involved. Fate points remaning: 2 Yikes!

"Spartan! Where you at!? Trip, is there action outside?"


Evil GM

Trip shoots out the light meaning the only illumination comes from the kitchen and hallway. The shadows cause the crazed man to shriek further and the stoner to blink as he starts to recover from dodging the Hail of fire...

Stoners Defence: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 2) - 8 + 3 = 1

Trip Scene Aspect - "Shadow of Death": 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 6
This adds an Aspect that is tagged onto Sal's attack - to give her a total of 10!

Then Sal opens up with a spray of bullets, the staccato rhythm of death. Trevor tries to dodge but he remains standing as the bullets catch his body, dancing like a puppet.

10 - 1 + 4 = 13 Stress! So he is "Taken Out" with prejudice. I'll get to the other bad guys attacks later.


Evil GM

Sal in Soho Apartment

BANG!

The nervous man fires at Trip once more, covered in shadows from the unlit living room. His screams reach a crescendo as he fires his weapons carelessly. Trip just avoids the searing bullets by throwing himself to the floor.

Joshua's attack: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 3) - 8 + 3 = 5
Trips Defence: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 2 = 4

1 shift hit on Trip, plus the Weapon:2 makes a 3-stress attack. Filling that box.

Trip: ◘ ◙ ◙ -Moderate Consequence (Flash-backs of Fear) Severe Consequence (Punctured Lung!)

Sal you are up!


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Men in Black! Shoulda known this was more than a simple nuke...

Sal spins towards the kitchen and pops up to her feet, both pistols extended towards Joshua, and pulls the triggers, firing only a neat, short burst from the machine pistol.

Two pistols for Weapon:4: 5 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 5 + (2, 1, 3, 2) - 8 = 5

I didn't know if the previously tagged aspects still hold without my using a fate point. 'Hail Storm of Bullets' is gone, but 'Shadow of Death' is probably still effective. But can I use it again? Sorry, n00b.


Evil GM

It's alright. Since Trip only just created it and it was referenced in my previous post I don't see why not.

After the disappearance of the calm and suited man, his grappling companion screams and spins towards the lady firing at him. "Die, he said you have to die so...." his screams are cut off as a bullet tears into his jaw. He turns letting off a burst of fire at the young woman. His apprehension drowned out in the artificial fear that's been generated.

Joshua's Defence: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 3 = 4
So he takes (5+2)-4+4 Stress. He takes a Severe Consequence: Fractured Face and marks off his 1-box

He fires back knowing he just has to hold and kill the pair.
Pistol Attack Vs Sal: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 2) - 8 + 3 = 5

Nervous Bloke (Joshua): ◙ ◘ ◘ Severe Consequence: Fractured Face


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Defense: Guns: 5 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 5 + (2, 1, 3, 3) - 8 = 6

Sal ducks down behind the couch as the crazed man fires in her direction, then pops up again quickly. "Dammit, drop it! You don't have to die here!"

Tagging his Severe consequence:Fractured Face for a bonus.

Twin Pistols: Weapon:4: 5 + 2 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 5 + 2 + (2, 1, 3, 3) - 8 = 8

She fires again through the gunsmoke-laced gloom, ears ringing, unable to spare a glance at her old friend but knowing he was in bad shape.

Where'd the Man in Black go? What's happening outside? How is Trip? Where is that bomb!? Her mind spins in the whirling confusion of combat.


Evil GM

Joshua's Defence: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 3 = 4

Sal cunningly knows where his shots will be and end up before they leave the thugs barrel, experience telling as she dodges away.

Whilst her muzzle flashes rapidly and brightly giving a series of snapshots of the scene. Joshua open mouthed scream through his ruined face as the flickering scene comes to light. The strobing weapon fire shows his dead body.

Trip then snaps a neon glow-rod and holds in up. The only thing that holds the grim faced military man is a wall and determination. From his belt he produces a flash-bang...forgotten in his earlier flood of fear. And he points towards the rear of the abode.

Mechanics - 8-4+4= Moderate Consequence & 4 Stress! Thus he's Taken Out!


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal glances at Trip, then dashes to him, holstering her own pistol and trying to take the flash-bang. "Where's your friend? We can't wait; I need to go after the Man in Black. See if the Spartan needs help."

Machine pistol aimed at the doorway where the Man disappeared, she glide-walks towards it, flash-bang held read.

Waiting for Aximeus, I guess, and to see if Trip will let her have the flash-bang before proceeding.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

geez; post monster? my post from yesterday and athletics roll is missing

Athletics 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 3 = 3

Axe quickly looks at the windows and feels the local terrain through his feet a the sound of the shot charges the door with his great speed.


Evil GM

Well if you can remember it from yesterday and it was better than that, you can use it. Otherwise it's Mark of the 2 mental stress box.

As the noise of the shooting echoes out of the open portal (doorway) to the apartment - Aximeus dives through the shadow, into the dimly lit kitchen. The shadow writhes and tries to grab him sending a sharp shooting sense of unease.

In the Kitchen, Trip stands leaning against the wall wheezing heavily. He points down the corridor to where Sal is moving grenade in one hand, pistol the other.

The hallway is only a few metres long with a door at the end and to the right. Both are ajar.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal looks at both doors, uncertain as to which way the Man in Black went, then whirls and relaxes as she sees Aximeus dash in. With a shrug, she pulls the pin and tosses the grenade into the room at the end, then turns away and covers her ears until she hears the report of the detonation.

Grenade bowling: 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (3, 2, 3, 1) - 8 = 4


Evil GM

Aximeus & Sal

MiB Defence: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 6

So there is a Scene Aspect: "Flash-Bang" that everyone can tag....but he avoids the "Blinded" Aspect.

The grenade rolls down the hallway before it explodes; Trip closes his eyes and leans into the wall. The concussive force knocks ornaments and knick-knacks from the walls of the room. A glass globe falls to the floor shattering, spilling brine and faux-snow over the warped floor-boards.

From the door at end of the hall, shadows move indicating someone is in there.

Mechanics:
Scene Aspects - Flash Bang (1 Free Tag each PC!)
MiB: ◘ ◙ ◘ ◘
MiB Room: 1d2 ⇒ 2 - 1 = Right; 2 = Straight On

Aximeus & Sal you are now up, again


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Wow, cool action guys! I feel like I'm actually reading a Dresden novel, or a tv show! :)

Meanwhile, back in York,...
"Yeh, sure. No prob." Danny replies to Kenneth. His confident, smug tone belying the nervousness he actually feels.

He nods as Kenneth points to a particular doorway, chosen at random as far as he can tell, and says, "This'll do nicely. Keep 'em busy fer a few, then go an' do the switch, yeh?"

Danny sniffs. "No trouble. I can have Yin and Yang chasing their own tails all night! But since we don't HAVE all night,..." He grins, then moves back down the street, leaving the Bard (Why he thinks of that with a capitol he doesn't know) to set up a surprise for the goons. Danny suppresses his usual curiosity and doesn't ask what the surprise will be. He's pretty sure it will involve magic. And he's still not sure he wants to know more than that. Yet.

As he walks back towards the shop, he fingers the small canister of anti-tea in his jacket pocket. He hums tunelessly, trying to figure out exactly how he's going to pull this off.

He has no doubt that he CAN, his ego won't allow him to admit that he might fail, but he's still working out the details,...

Danny approaches the shop just in time to see 'Daddy' drive off, leaving the two goons standing conspicuously outside the doorway of the shop.

'Sheesh. Can you be a LITTLE more obvious guys? I mean if you'd waited INside you might have given me a challenge.' Danny smirks to himself in the shadows. He starts singing, softly, building up an image in his mind.

"There are none so blind as will not see,
None so deaf as will not hear,
Be careful what you wish for,
You might get exactly what you want,..."

Illusion:(Deceit/Performance): 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 4 = 1

Danny extemporizes, shrugging at the rush to fit the words together.
He glances a a cat peering at him from a nearby alley entrance.

"What? It's not opera! What are you, a critic?" He whispers to the feline passing judgment with it's glowing green eyes.

"Ok, yeah, that stunk." He admits, and begins to modify the tune, furrowing his brow in concentration,...

Danny blends his illusion into the existing shadowy streets, making it more believable, and sucks up his courage, putting on his stage face and adding his personality into it. Thus it is an almost perfect replica of the face that he wore on his first visit to the shop that steps out of the shadowy street to stride confidently and eagerly towards the shop.

Gamey stuff:

Spoiler:
Danny rolled a '1' for the illusion, not trusting to fool the goons with what is (to him) a mediocre at best try, and his ego getting the better of him, he taps the aspect 'Shadowy Streets' to blend it into, and spends a Fate point to tap his own aspect 'All the worlds a stage', adding +4 to the roll, for a total of +5. THAT he thinks will fool the goons! :)[/ooc]

Song-Disguised Danny strides towards the shop, obviously eager. As it nears the goon squad, it slows, finally stopping a good 10 feet away. The pseudo figure looks at the two goons, raises an eyebrow, turns, and walks away. Yin and Yang look at each other in confusion, then start after the figure. The faster they go, the faster the figure walks, until just before the goons break into a full run, the shadowy figure turns, still walking backwards, sticks it's tongue out with a "Meep Meep!" turns forward, and dashes off like a track star.

Also add:

Spoiler:
If possible, also add 'Taunting the help' for an extra +2, just to get their goat and make sure they follow! Total is +7 :) And that gives Kenneth another aspect he can tap with a fate point if he needs to.

Enraged, the goons give instant chase, and Danny manages not to chuckle aloud until the image reaches the barely visible doorway that Kenneth picked.

'I hope your ready Freddy! Cuz here they come!' Danny chortles as the pseudo-Danny turns and ducks into the doorway, vanishing from sight.

Danny looks at the cat. "Is that good enough for you?" He asks it. The cat yawns in response, and slinks it's way back into the alley.

"EVERYone's a critic!" Danny grumbles.


Evil GM

Kenneth & Danny - York Adventures

The pair run after the disguised Danny down the narrow and dark streets. Two-storey terraced houses rise like set of teeth, with only narrow gaps for back-passages, dark and brooding they watch the chase.

Despite their bulk the pair of bruisers are quick on their feet, juggernauts they continue their inexorable run - slowly building their momentum. There's some anticipation in their eyes, a sparkling malevolence that holds the promise of what they'll do to Danny.

The larger man holds a phone in his hairy paw, half of Danny's number programmed in, as he pounds down the street....

Faux-Danny moves is nearly caught up by the pair of goons; then he ducks into the dark opening of the old garage under the arches. A train rolls over head and the Goons rush straight inside...there senses completely aware but not expecting what was to happen.

The crates fall upon them, a heavy clatter of tearing and splintering wood. A horrific scream is let out as a box catches one in the head, but it abruptly stops leaving a sickening silence.

Kenneth:
Can you add that many Aspects to a scene, for Free? Just checking because you have shown some mastery especially with this awesome ambush.

General Goon Perception: 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 3) - 8 + 1 = 3 - TN 4 to spot the ambush! If they succeed they get a + 2 to their defence.
Defence Goon1: 4d3 - 8 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 3) - 8 = 1
Defence Goon2: 4d3 - 8 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 1) - 8 = -1
So G1 takes 11-1 + 3 (weapon) for 13 stress attack. Whilst G2 takes 11+1+3 for a 15 stress attack! Neither moves any-more.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Is there anything to attack here; what are these shadow things; can I stab one or are they spells I can counterspell; do I get any indication of anyone near me touching the ground and moving through my tremor sense? Otherwise will move toward the blast and see what was blown up or whatnot.

Whoa! my head dont feel so good, like there are spirits here bleedin my brain like back when we fought them ghouls and ghosts in the church


Evil GM

Inside there is only a MiB - suited man in a room at the end of the hallway. The shadows in the hallway are natural lighting that I trying to invoke to give a dreary feeling to the place. The man in the room, will be slightly disorientated but readying a weapon.

The shadow outside was an invoked spell/ supernatural creature. However it cannot cross the threshold or be harmed by conventional weaponry.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal glances back at Axe to check his condition, holding up a single finger then pointing at the back room. She dashes forward to kneel against the doorframe, ducking around it to fire at the man inside with both weapons.

Mechanics:

Tagging 'flashbang' for +2 to attack, both pistols for Weapon:4.

Two fists of death: 5 + 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ 5 + (2, 2, 1, 1) - 8 + 2 = 5


Evil GM

BTW Aximeus, you cannot stab the shadow outside (the only supernatural one there is). It would require a Lore Roll or Thaumaturgical / Evocation magic; to try and harm the shadow. Your Tremor-sense tells you that there is only a single individual in the room at the far end....the rest of the flat is empty bar your companions (and 'dead' bodies)

Sorry I didn't cover that, but it was nearly 1am when I posted.

Sal lets out a breath as she peeks around unleashing a hail of fire into the room. The darkness doesn't help her aim as much as she would hope, the man has strategically positioned himself near an upturned table. The only other furniture in the room is a long heavy table bolted to a wall. Thick heavy steel legs and thick wooden top, however what draws the eye is the machinery upon it... amongst the wrenches, screw-drivers and mechanical necessities lies a brief-case sized box. Upon the surface diodes and displays create a sickly green light that blinks regularly - as if it has some vile machine heart-beat.

The only other illumination comes from a window leading onto the street, curtains already in shreds hang from the pelmet. Sal's bullets rip into the table, a calm suited man hides behind. He avoids the worst of the attack.
However screams at the sheer number of red-hot projectiles that rip through the table leaving nothing to hide behind. He spits out a curse; "Miss Salazar, we have had our eye on you. Firstly Lord Langdon betrays us now he brings in a 'colonial'? No honour!" He rises to his feet clearly having been riled and bloodied.

MiB Defence: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 1) - 8 + 4 = 4
So 5-4+4-1(for his cover). Thus he takes a 4 stress hit.

Mechanics:
Scene Aspects - Flash Bang (1 Free Tag Aximeus)
MiB: ◘ ◙ ◘ ◙

Aximeus is up.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Dammit, it knows who I am!

"It's here, gentlemen," she says softly to Aximeus and Trip, still on the Bluetooth headset, then speaks more loudly to the man in the room. "Sir! Drop your weapons. Step out here and away from the device. NOW!"


Evil GM

24 hour Notice Aximeus.

"My lady, the files said you were a loose cannon. But surely you cannot sympathise with this inhuman scum?" He says placidly. "Let us cleanse the streets for us pure breed."

"Join US."


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

"Cleanse the streets by blowing up London? I don't think so," Sal snorts, "There's no justification for that."


Evil GM

"We'll have a new start, Yank. Get rid of the alien jetsam and start a fresh" The man moves forward as he speaks, grabbing a heavy spanner from the table and swinging it towards the ladies midriff. "Soho has been a vile sewer accepting anyone - the bomb will flush it clean. Allowing us to rule."

He seems to be very verbose, but it doesn't affect his aim.

Attack Sal Vs Athletics/Weapons: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 4 = 4


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Athletics: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 3) - 8 + 3 = 3

Sal whoofs as the wrench connects...

Not certain whose turn it is


Evil GM

The man looks on impassively as the tool hit's the soldier, fortunately she knows how to take a blow and tenses even as she avoids the worst of the damage.

So thats 4 - 3 + (Weapon):2 = 3 physical stress box Marked off. ◘ ◘ ◙ ◘

Sal & Aximeus' turn to attack. (Aximeus you can still tap the flashbang Aspect for a free +2)


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal tries to roll with the blow, tensing before impact and letting it toss her back against the wall but still absorbing enough force with her ribs to make her wonder if a couple might be fractured. Still, she'd been worse.

"Odd recruitment. Funny you talk about normal, too, since you seem anything but," she gasps, trying not to sound hurt. Ducking out of the man's reach, she aims and fires.

Two pistols Wep:4: 5 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 5 + (1, 3, 3, 1) - 8 = 5


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

You are the Colonial for I am Italian and this city was but a few huts when our Empire ruled the world. Surrender or be evicerated Aximeus commands appearing both threatening and authoritative, he holds his sword at the ready.

if he does not immediantly comply; Aximeus will attack
4d3 - 8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 2) - 8 + 5 = 5

DSXMachina wrote:

Inside there is only a MiB - suited man in a room at the end of the hallway. The shadows in the hallway are natural lighting that I trying to invoke to give a dreary feeling to the place. The man in the room, will be slightly disorientated but readying a weapon.

The shadow outside was an invoked spell/ supernatural creature. However it cannot cross the threshold or be harmed by conventional weaponry.


Evil GM

"Interesting that you talk about surrendering and Italy in the same sentence; they seem to have a history of that in the last 2 great wars. Sad to see a country on the decline..." He says with scorn whilst trying to dodge out of the way of the gladius.

The bullets zip past him as Sal sprays in controlled bursts, predicting where the man will move. Aximeus' puts him off but his blade coming out of the dark, it rips into the man's hamstrings and he collapses straight into the SEALs line of fire. As she fires a crucial burst into his torso.

Defence Athletic Vs Aximeus: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 4 = 6
Defence Athletic Vs Sal: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 1) - 8 + 4 = 2

Aximeus if you tag the Flash bang for a free +2; it means.
(5+2)-6+3=4 stress hit. He takes a Moderate Consequence: Hamstrung
Sal's hit: 5-2+4=7stress hit. He'll take a Severe Consequence: 'Torn Up Inside' & 1 stress.

Mechanics:
Scene Aspects -
MiB: ◙ ◙ ◘ ◙

I'll get his turn up in a bit.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

ok; will do; but I dont know how to but tag the flash bang


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Insolence will not save you, The Paux Romanus lasted 800 years, what are two wars to one such as I


Evil GM

In Londinum

He smiles showing pink teeth, as his blood stains them; "True but lets see what a nuke does! You got 90 seconds." finally the impassive man's voice cracks slightly exulting. He turns ducking under the hail of bullets; "Miss, join me and you might survive." even before the words are out of his lips he moves towards the window. His hand flicks forward and the spanner pinwheels out of it; shattering a pane of the window. Then he jumps through it; diving out of the second storey window to the street below:

Might to Jump through the window: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 2 = -2
He only just breaks the glass with his limp body, obviously nearly destroyed by the pair. He takes a 1 stress hit, as the glass tears up his flesh.
Athletics to mitigate the 10 stress Fall: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 3) - 8 + 4 = 5

Oh, whoops. He has mitigated 2 stress with his Athletics; as it was a TN2 & for every 2 was beaten by would be 1 more. Thus he takes only an 8 Stress hit! He only has a 2 Stress Consequence so he takes a 5 Stress Hit!

Mechanics:
MiB: ◙ ◙ ◙ ◙
Moderate Consequence: Hamstrung
Severe Consequence: 'Torn Up Inside'

Upon the floor outside is the unmoving form of the man. Surely his body should not sprawl in such a manner.


Evil GM

London - Soho

The room is illuminated by an eerie green glow coming from the device; it seems to flicker as some strange figures change. They look like some sort of Kanji!

Click....Click....


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

can you figure this out or do I start hitting it


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

yells out the window

check him for a control device--quick and sit on him


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal is still in the room and has no plans to jump out the window! ;) Awaiting ruling from DSX on my EOD question in Discussion thread.

Sal swallows hard and moves to the device, holstering her own pistol and setting the other on the floor. "I'm not sure hitting it will help. Let me see if this mechanism is familiar." She winces as she bends to the controls, breathing with little painful hitches as the motion aggravates her ribs.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal attempts to block out everything but the bomb and its mechanisms.

Discipline for Concentration: 2 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 2 + (2, 2, 1, 3) - 8 = 2

She thinks about her friends in Soho, the ones who have taken her in and helped her survive all this time - human and not-so-much. Taking this thing out is probably the only way she can repay them.

Tagging FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES for +2 to the demolitions, spending last fate point. EOD stunt applies for the other +2.

Craftsmanship: 3 + 2 + 2 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + 2 + 2 + (3, 3, 3, 1) - 8 = 9

Sal bends to her work, using the tools scattered about to disassemble the controls and try to stop the countdown.

Red wire... blue wire... red wire... blue wire...?


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Ooh! Tense! Meanwhile, back at the shop,...

Danny winces as he hears the dull rumble from inside the wharehouse. He smirks, obviously pleased, tosses the small bag of tea into the air and catches it, still smiling. He hums a few familiar bars of a favorite tune, (something about being a part of the in crowd) and his features blur,...

Casting a veil,Performance/Deceit: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 6

Oh! THAT will do nicely! :D

And so Danny steps forward, a glance at the nearest window showing him his flawless work. He jogs up to the storefront, in a hurry, but not panicked, opens the door, and enters.

The smaller of the two 'bodyguards' left behind reenters the shop, breathing as if mildly exerted. He looks at the shop owner.

"Almost time. You have the tea?" he says in a quiet voice with an oriental lilt.

"Um, What about the one? you know, Mr Smith?" The shop keeper asks, glancing out the window.

Danny the bodyguard shrugs. "He's quick. I'm making sure he doesn't double back. Check and make sure the back door is locked. Is the tea ready?"

Performance/Deceit: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 4


Evil GM

London - Soho - Ground Zero

Sal looks at the ancient machine, this is no state of the art piece of work. However that makes it no less deadly as the radioactive stickers attest; spelling out their warning in the universal sign despite peeling away from the casing.

Click - Click

Carefully taking the casing away from the machinery, she easily sees that it of course has been activated. There are wires everywhere, a mass of tangled strands remind her of the Lady's and their tangle of threads. Such a mess but there must be some logic amongst it....

Clink - Click

The inner structure is the lead sphere with the charges sticking out, however simply disconnecting this would not end well. Or so she learnt during training. The timer and detonator has to be severed from the core only them will the city be safe....

Click - Click

Hands slightly trembling her painted nails trace a path, through the dead ends, through the traps and trip-wires. Each second both stretches for an eternity and seems to be over in a precious heart-beat. A siren comes from outside as a police car flashes down the street. Not stopping here but some unknown distant destination. However the distraction makes the Military woman lose her place for a moment; her heart drops....

Click - Click - Click

She looks again, it was this cerise wire surely not the magenta - that was safe? Uncertain but knowing that time is trickling through her fingers she traces it back. It reaches the detonator...this must be it. The magenta wire in the red illumination. Taking a calming breath, the steady wire cutters touch the outer plastic.

Click - Click

With one deft move Adriana Salazar cuts the wire.

CLICK!

1,851 to 1,900 of 4,059 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.