Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


1,801 to 1,850 of 4,236 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal half unconsciously waves her hand in a near-salute to the armored man. Glancing at the gladius, a look of concern crosses her heavily made-up face. "Is this a... special... operation? I thought we were dealing with an ordinary bomb. What's the plan, and what are my orders?" she asks through black-colored lips, looking between Trip and Axe and almost ignoring the woman in the back.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
DSXMachina wrote:
His eyes go wide and his face ashen; "I am sure I don't know what you are talking about. It's probably best if you leave here!" the old man stands up and picks a long cane. Pointing it at the couple he tries to herd them from the shop, like a shepherd with a group of cats.

Danny, fully into his role in spite of himself, shakes his head slowly. He reaches out and plucks a sword, a rapier, from where it sat propped in an umbrella stand. He holds it up to eye level to look down the length of the blade.

"Now now sir, there's no need for hostility! We're simply trying to find a rare piece of oriental art, and conduct a business transaction. I sense that perhaps we may have been, misinformed. That you are not indeed in possession of the suit we seek. If so, simply tell us who has it, or where it is, and we shall still be happy to offer you a generous finder's fee."

Danny casually waves the rapier around a couple of times, as if testing it's weight and balance, and nods in approval. He then snaps the blade around and up in a salute, and back into a guard stance in the blink of an eye.

'Hah! I knew that time I spent doing 'Musketeers, the Musical' would come in handy!'

"Do we, have an agreement?" He asks politely.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe gets back in the car
yes, that is our man, peaks the counter, how do you want to play this; follow him or take him now and sweat him? If we follow, we need to stay close, like white on rice


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

to Adriana
he looks half spooked, think you can follow him clandestinly if he rabbits?


Evil GM

Danny & Kenneth

Spoiler:
Deceit: 4d3 - 8 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 3 - 2 = 0

Empathy or Rapport or at a stretch Deceit Roll please.

The man's eyes bulge as it focuses solely upon the tip of the weapon. "Yeah, I know nothing of the suit." the stick clatters to the ground. "I can do some digging, why don't you give me a number and address & I'll call you if I have any info?"


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny gives a small, tight smile. He reaches over and picks up the cane the man dropped. He deposits both the cane and sword in the umbrella stand, and puts his hands in his pockets.

Empathy/Rapport: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 2 = 2

"Lovely! That would be most appreciated!" Disguised Danny says with a hint of a brogue. He plucks a piece of paper from the cluttered counter and scribbles down his pay-as-you-go cell phone number.

'Never been so glad I haven't had time, or money, to get a proper service set up.' He thinks as he turns back to the shopkeep with a smile.

As Disguised Danny steps close to hand the scrap of paper to the man, he murmurs, his lips almost as still as a ventriloquists.

"Your scared. We may be able to assist with that as well. If your interested."

Danny stands back up straight and nods politely to the shopkeep.

"I'm certain a man of your reputation and skill won't be TOO long in getting back to us?" Danny says in his previous 'dark hinting' voice. The slight smile at the corner of his mouth adds an entirely new meaning that both relieves and confounds the shopkeep.

"Shall we go Mr Smith? We don't want to keep the gentleman from his work!" Danny says almost cheerfully to the disguised Kenneth. With a final nod to the pale shopkeep he turns and heads nonchalantly towards the door.


Evil GM

He's a big fat liar... and not a very good one. Despite his patter and skill as a salesman he is not used to actually standing up to intimidation.

The gentleman nods eagerly almost dropping the number but with unsteady hands he places it upon the counter. Then he slumps back in his stool pleased to be watching the back of the pair.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

"So you need him alive? We can take him now or I can follow him on foot if you want, keep the phone open to Trip," she whispers. More loudly, she slurs, "More people means more money, izzat simple!" angling her body to keep an eye on the suspicious pedestrian.

Behind the cover of the car, she brings up the last call on her cell and presses the SEND button, settling the Bluetooth earpiece comfortable. "Got me, Trip? I'll go after him on foot and give intersections, you follow or circle and pick me up, whatever. You want him taken, give me the word."

She tucks the phone away and shoves herself back from the black sedan, cursing, then staggers off in the direction of their quarry, but on the other side of the street, continuing to curse 'cheap bastards.'


Evil GM

"Sorry..." Trip looks Sal up and down "£200 for the night!" he suggests but watches her walk off in disgust. He pulls the car away as it trundles on further down the street. Eventually it pulls up a couple of streets away.

The man in the hat and coat; looks to see Sal's interaction but politely ignores her before hustling down the street further. Keeping his head down he moves towards an alley between a corner shop and adult book store.

The suited & cowled pair stop and watch the alley from the shadows.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal makes a rude gesture as she backs off from the car,tucking into a dark doorway opposite the alley, where she can watch the guy to see if he does take that path. If so, she waits a few seconds and heads in that general direction, arms crossed over her stomach as if ill, but trying to stick to the shadows and avoid scrutiny.

Stealth for shadowing, skulking: 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (1, 2, 3, 2) - 8 = 4


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth & Danny

Kenneth smiles as Danny waves the sword about, capturing the shopkeeper's focus, and uses the opportunity to slip a small bit of bronze wire into a nearby piece.

Stealth: 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (3, 1, 1, 3) - 8 = 3 Planted focus. Check.

Kenneth nods at Danny's suggestion, and nods his head to the shopkeep, halting as he does, leaning forward to put in a last word, dropping his voice to a stage whisper and with only a hint of menace, "A'course, if ye should happen to find the suit we're looking for, we may just have something that its owner would consider most valuable... ye ken?"

He straightens and completes his nod, turning to Danny with a warm smile, "Aye, I believe this gentleman will likely be occupied for a wee stretch. Let's find a spot of tea, shall we?"


Evil GM

So you are waiting across the road at a little Fish 'n' Chip shop? While the shop-keep reacts? Not breaking in/ spying?


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Sorry, you reminded me of the thing I wanted to do -- I edited the above post. Having the rest of the wire as a focus, I think it's time for Kenneth to do some thaumaturgy...


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
Kenneth Evander Finley wrote:


He straightens and completes his nod, turning to Danny with a warm smile, "Aye, I believe this gentleman will likely be occupied for a wee stretch. Let's find a spot of tea, shall we?"

"Sounds lovely, whot?" Danny cannot help but reply. He manages to keep his face straight as he does so. He holds open the door for 'Mr Smith', and follows him out.

Danny makes it around the corner and almost to the next alley before doubling over. His hissing laughter makes his concentration slip, and the illusion they wore fades away like a heat shimmer.

"Sorry, couldn't help it. The look on that guys face!" Danny snickers.

"Oh, by the way, he's a REALLY bad liar. I think he knows exactly what we were talking about, and where it is. Wait, why are YOU smiling?" Danny stops, looking at Kenneth as the bard holds up a piece of wire.


Evil GM

Kenneth & Danny

Nearby they find a fish & chip shop, it has a great view of the road and curios-shop, but with the glazed window and lack of disguise it's much more difficult to even spot the pair let alone identify them. The elderly lady takes there order with a smile as the smell of fried food, crisp and oily permeates the air. The surfaces have a slick residue ingrained into the material, but there is a sort of homely comfort to the cheap eatery. As if it has stood for years and will continue, in fact looking at the can's of soda it seems they have been there for decades.

The crisply batter coats a flaky, succulent fish, with thick chips (crisps/fries) cooked to a hearty perfection.

Kenneth's Tap:
The shop is silent for a moment and then there a half sobbing sigh; "Pull yourself together. S&&* I'll have to do something about this or they'll be back"

He walks over to the door and a bolt slides closed; then picking up an old fashioned phone receiver from the cradle. There's a clacking as the number is dialled, before he speaks again.

His voice very nervous; "I need to speak to the boss, he needs to get over here...." he suddenly gets silent. "I know I don't tell him what to do but someone was asking after the Imperial Dragon! I don't want him in town any more than your family do." his voice is upset and pleading. Obviously it's not just the duo's appearance but the whole situation that has put his whole world out of whack.

"Could he, please get over here. And maybe bring some enforcers, I have a name and number. I need to speak to him in person, as Elder of the Hung family I invoke it." he finally finds his voice but there's an undercurrent of uncertainty.

Sal & Aximeus

The alley way is dark, in these austere times the council has cut power to many a street-lamp and the neon lights flicker slightly down the narrow alley. Red lights staining the darkness, as the figure trudges looking to his feet through the debris.

Fortunately the waste and bins of the alley don't give out too much of a stench. It is drowned out by the heavy smell of curry, the cheap spices choke the air. There must be a local curry house for all the drunks to fill themselves up with hearty (and expensive food) before disgorging it upon the streets...or alleys like this.

After a winding dark route taking the right hand path thrice, Sal feels a soft darkness somewhere behind her. However just up ahead the man runs up stone steps to a first floor apartment. He knocks rat-at-tat-....-ta-ta.

A heavy portal is in-front of him; a windowless wooden door with metal bars across it. Showing that at some time it was a store; probably for a shop underneath or a small flat/apartment for the shop-keeper.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Easy enough code. I should contact Trip, but what the hell is that? I don't want to be overheard.

Sal slips her knife from its sheath quietly, trying to figure out who or what is behind her in the darkness.

Alertness: 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (2, 2, 3, 3) - 8 = 6
Stealth: 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (1, 3, 2, 1) - 8 = 3


Evil GM

Sal

The shadow stretches behind in the dark, out of the corner of her eye Sal just sees darkness against the sharp red illumination. The lights of a vehicle wash across the scene for an instant, the sudden illumination causes the grey to writhe slightly as if finding cover and not dissolving as you would usually think of a shadow.

However in the reflection of a broken window, she can see a cowled figure stood at what looks to be the entrance to the alley. Despite the window being partially boarded, the figure has an imposing presence.... but it doesn't move (nor the suited figure behind him).

Then it's back to darkness and red light as the vehicle is passed. An after-image of a cowl filled with unending pitch and hatred hands in the back of the mind.

Before Sal, the fedora wearing man lifts up his hat revealing a pudgy moon-face with oriental features. The doorway opens and the end of a phrase drifts on the air.... "... the Boxers rebel."


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

"Target entering building. Three shady characters behind me, two of them corporeal. I have their signal," Sal whispers to her Bluetooth headset, "Should I intercept? Please advise."

She pauses between Scylla and Charybdis, waiting to see if the man enters the building. If he does, she moves along the alley slighly past the doorway, sticking to shadows and keeping an eye on the other beings tailing the man.


Evil GM

The oriental man with fedora in his hand enters the portal upon the 2nd Storey. Sal moves past the door, her vision searching for the shadows whilst keeping innocuously hidden herself. The shadow crawls further forward unnaturally, whilst nearly out of sight the robed/cowled gentleman stands like a statue.

The shadow, touches the door before retreating to become a waiting sentinel. Whilst beyond Sal the alley continues onwards, further into the dark maze that made up the capital.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe calls Danny
"Danno, we have a lead; found a man who radiates lot of gamma; were at corner of X and X; gonna take him for questions"

lets pull around the corner like Adriana said and we will take this guy and ask him some questions, hard like. Can't do that in this car so that alley is probably best. One of you come with me; the other park the car, and follow in a few minutes and hang back to keep watch; lets do it

Axe graps his helmet and sheild and puts on his helmet; puts a gun from his duffle in the overcoat pocket and the gieger counter into the otherside pocket.

around the corner; get out of the car and heads down the alley to catch a mouse and make him squeel.


Evil GM

As Aximeus heads around the corner there is a dark cowled figure stood in the way (unless you are going to try and find another way through the labarynthine alleys of London, then a Driving {local knowledge} check is required)


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth & Danny

Kenneth twists the wire around his ear and listens while pointing at a plate of chips and nodding at the waitress. "And now, let's have a listen...", he says and closes his eyes, willing a tiny fraction of the Fire of Inspiration into himself, using it to forge a chain between the wires, making them symbolically whole again.

He opens his eyes with a smile as he releases his concentration, the link formed, "Aye, I've tuned tae the right channel. Time for a wee radio drama. I wish I had crisps or popcorn, those chips will have tae do."

He winks at Danny, and places his left hand to his ear, trying to block out the other sounds to focus on the important bits. As the waitress brings over a plate of chips, Kenneth smiles at her and exclaims, "Pure dead brilliant!".

He toasts her with a chip, and waits for her to step away before leaning forward and whispering to Danny, "Well, lad, we've bloody well rattled his cage. The ol' dobber is demanding an audience with the 'boss', who sounds like a priest or aide to ol' Sultan Salamander.... and isnae taking nae for an answer. I'd say that a big yeen is on the way."

He winks and grabs another chip, "Ah, and likely bringing some gons tae deal with the likes of us. So, spot on target, I'd say. Soon there's be someone tae fallow home."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny look sat Kenneth as if he's crazy, (not that Danny says he usually has any room to talk on that subject,...) But withholds his questions as he sees the bard doing something with a bit of wire. He contents him self to munch on 'chips', wishing he had a bit of ketchup. The mayonnaise they serve them with actually did taste pretty good, especially since the potatoes were much thicker cut than the usual American 'french fries'. But sometimes he just wanted a bottle of Heinz ketchup.

When the Fish arrived, he quickly cools it down by dunking it liberally in tarter sauce before eating at least 2 pieces more than he probably should. He almost spills his drink when Kenneth exclaims, "Pure dead brilliant!"

"Yeah, Great. Except for the whole 'bringing some goons' part. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not exactly the heavy muscle of this little DnD group!" Danny says wryly.

"Wait,... can you tell me what he said again? Exactly? Word for word?" Danny asks Ken, and leans forward as if expecting a good tale.

As Kenneth recites the one-sided conversation back verbatim, (remembering such a short conversation is easy for the bard) Danny moves his lips, repeating them to himself.

"Did, did you pick that up? That phrase 'I don't want him in town any more than your family does',... It doesn't sound like he's calling the 'Dragon' to warn him, more like he's talking to another about the dragon,... yes?"

Danny looks at Kenneth with a raised eyebrow, and snags another potato. "Is it possible that even if this guy, and his 'family', is working for the 'dragon', that they aren't doing so willingly?" If we can find out, and that's true,.. We already have an ally against this armored creep!" he says cheerfully, popping the chip into his mouth.

"Maybe." He admits a little more soberly.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth smiles, "You fret tae much. Goons will be looking for those that went in there, not us, thanks tae yer little trick."

He tears into a piece of fish, a smile in his eye, "And, aye, that he did -- as I said, I think we're getting an aide to the big guy... So we have both someone tae follow back tae base... and someone tae lean on after the goons leave..."

Kenneth shakes his head at Danny's obvious discomfort and motions the waitress for a bottle of horrible tomato ketchup.

He continues, "..someone who doesnae much care for His Imperial Snakiness...."

He thanks the waitress and hands Danny the bottle with only a slight shudder before adding, "...someone who is part of the tea-making chain."


Evil GM

Kenneth & Danny

As they continue to eat their food, the road and world outside seems to get smaller and darker. There's a rumbling, causing the large greasy windows to lightly shake. As along the cobbles trundles a long black limo.

From there position near the window the pair can see it clearly. Out of the shot-gun position a behemoth of a man gets out. Not clearing 6 foot, he is wide and his suit must be especially tailored. However peeking out from his cuffs is the end of a dragon tattoo, as he moves to the back of the limousine.

The bulky Chinese man pulls open the rear door for his employer. After a few moments out steps Min & Lin's father, the Triad Boss.....

Sal & Aximeus

Trip hand Aximeus a blue-tooth earpiece so that they both can communicate with Sal. "Target entering building. Three shady characters behind me, two of them corporeal. I have their signal," Sal whispers to her Bluetooth headset, "Should I intercept? Please advise." The headset crackles in Aximeus' ear.

Just going to lay out the situation as it is at the moment: The radioactive man has just entered a first floor Flat (apartment), Sal is watching outside down the alley on the other side of the door.

Between her and the street (& Aximeus / Trip/ Letitia) is a cowled figure - maybe a "Fear demon". This is what Aximeus is walking towards now. There is also his shadow, a thing that moves on it's own. The shadow also seems to be watching the door; very close to it. Sal is hidden from everyone's view - though she is on the phone to Trip/ Aximeus.

A suited "fear-demon" is somewhere, maybe covering another exit.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

in the earpiece on my way but something is here, stay hidden

to the cowled person {Axe probably doesnt know what a fear demon is)

move it buddy; I gotta wizz

Axe heads down the alley ready to lay into the cowled figure if attacked.


Evil GM

Mental attack Vs Aximeus 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 3) - 8 + 4 = 3 Please roll a Discipline to defend Aximeus.

Aximeus pushes his way past the darkened figure down into the narrow alley, with a swift excuse. Tendrils of ash seem to detach from his being and touch the skin of the Greek Hero; attempting to affect his mind and cause fear and despair.

The darkness that touches him causes a reaction, as well as the attempted one. The dark alley is slowly illuminated by pale light as the tendrils harden and dissolve into ash.

A soft glow comes from Aximeus' chest, where the motes of hope resonate; despite being covered by his breastplate he is bathed for a moment in there warm light. The creature seems to roll back as if upon castors. A deep rumble it keeps away from the discretely armoured figure; Aximeus can feel a low malevolance eminating from the depths of the cowl. However it slides away from him as Aximeus bustles down the alley.

Turning around the corner there is a door, at the top of a flight of stairs. This is where the radioactive man entered. Before it a shimmering patch of darkness. It watches.... or protects the doorway.

The golden motes of hope, now make Aximeus immune to any further mental attack from the cowled figure. And Aximeus doesn't have to be glowing, it can fade quickly but leave a reassuring glow.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal's eyes widen as she shrinks back deeper into the shadowed doorway, trying to keep out of the golden glow from Trip's friend's armour. Shifting her combat knife to the left hand, she draws the little pistol from its holster. "Hoodie guy just attacked with some sort of shadow. Watch it - there's another shadow at the door, she whispers to Aximeus and Trip, "If we're going in, I know the knock code. Got you covered, Spartan."

She levels the pistol at the cowled man, gun hand braced on the back of the knife-hand's wrist, and tries to spot the suit that vanished. Bernie, I hope you're keeping an eye on these nasties, she half-prays to herself, Where's that other guy, the suit?

Alertness: 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (1, 3, 1, 2) - 8 = 3

The cold of the night is forgotten in the adrenaline rush of impending combat, though the rain is a vision-disturbing annoyance. And here I thought it wouldn't be weird. Shoulda known better. Fear-demons, some armored guy, shadows that walk alone. Next to this, a bomb'll be easy.


Evil GM

Aximeus & Sal

"Left Letitia at the car. Don't want a wizard around the delicate machinery of a nuke... s&~*." Trip says through the ear-piece.

Sal, from her vantage point amongst the shadows and debris, scans the area. The smell of the old garbage was pungent to say the least, narrow alleys must make it quite hard for the bins to be collected and this curry house seems to have lots to waste. The brief illumination earlier had shown the suited 'demon' but where was he now...

Under the crimson glare of the neon signs, there had been a movement from him away down the street to the east. Sal scans the dark alleys, though they twist and turn the lines of vision are remarkably good. However the man seems to have disappeared completely.

Stealth:
Suited: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 2 = 5

'Nearly walked into a man in a suit he had reptilian eyes! I'll try and find a different route.' Trips stressed voice comes over the head-set.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

"Was the suit dry? That may be the second guy!" Sal whispers, watching Axemius and the other alley inhabitants.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Hey! I like tea! (Gotta warm up my coffee cup somehow)" He adds under his breath, glancing up at Kenneth with a sly grin.

He dips a chip in a puddle of ketchup, and takes a big, grateful bite. He savors it in true ham-it-up fashion, enjoying the look on Kenneth's face as much as the food itself.

DSXMachina wrote:

Kenneth & Danny

As they continue to eat their food, the road and world outside seems to get smaller and darker. There's a rumbling, causing the large greasy windows to lightly shake. As along the cobbles trundles a long black limo.

From there position near the window the pair can see it clearly. Out of the shot-gun position a behemoth of a man gets out. Not clearing 6 foot, he is wide and his suit must be especially tailored. However peeking out from his cuffs is the end of a dragon tattoo, as he moves to the back of the limousine.

The bulky Chinese man pulls open the rear door for his employer. After a few moments out steps Min & Lin's father, the Triad Boss.....

Danny freezes, the chip halfway to his mouth. A blob of ketchup falls to his plate unnoticed.

"Oh,... Snap."

Danny's chin falls to his chest, his longish hair threatening to trail into his plate. He looks like he would bang his head against the wall, if only he had the energy.

"This is SO not happening right now,..." He mutters into his jacket.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth snickers, "Nae, you're missing the point. That guy over there got the Lizzie his tea-stuff. Lizzie may need more, and if we turn him, he may not get what he wanted. And there isnae anything wrong with coffee. Makes a fine industrial lubricant."

He fiddles with the wire at his ear and keeps an eye on the road, waiting for Danny's wisecrack response when the limo pulls up and Danny reacts. He turns his head to the window, and turns back, puzzled, unaware of what's going on until he hears himself ask, "Say, lad, isnae that your friends' father?"


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
Kenneth Evander Finley wrote:
Kenneth snickers, "Nae, you're missing the point. That guy over there got the Lizzie his tea-stuff. Lizzie may need more, and if we turn him, he may not get what he wanted. And there isnae anything wrong with coffee. Makes a fine industrial lubricant."

Danny opens his mouth for the expected wisecrack, but instead just shrugs.

"Meh. When your right, your right!" he smirks, popping another ketchup covered chip into his mouth.

"Well the guy is pretty scared, and I'm pretty sure it's of the 'Lizard', not his boss. So maybe,... heh, would be nice if he delivered our 'new & improved' tea instead of the original! Save us a lot of trouble." Danny grins at the thought.

Kenneth Evander Finley wrote:


He fiddles with the wire at his ear and keeps an eye on the road, waiting for Danny's wisecrack response when the limo pulls up and Danny reacts. He turns his head to the window, and turns back, puzzled, unaware of what's going on until he hears himself ask, "Say, lad, isnae that your friends' father?"

"Yes. Yes it is." Danny mutters into his jacket. He gently begins to thump his head on the table. Slowly, and rhythmically.

"I knew he was 'connected', but I didn't know he was connected."

Danny sighs into the tabletop and his jacket, his head still down.

"Somebody hates me."


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth looks up at him, "Aye, that's one way to look at it. Some see the coffee cup half full, while a positive chap like myself sees it as being halfway free of the vile slop. "

He waits to see if Danny reacts at all before offering, "Isnae this an excellent opportunity, then? Ye have an in, here, nae?"


Evil GM

Danny & Kenneth

The old lady comes over to the pair; "Duckie, is your friend alright?" she addresses Kenneth, before pouring a cup of tea for Danny. Her tone soft as she leaves you alone at the table.

The triad boss, exits the car. Rising to his full height he is an imposing figure, his perfectly tailored suit cut impeccably. With an imposing look to the bruiser the leader moves towards the door of the curio shop.

The wide enforcer rushes and opens the door for the Triad leader, then they both enter the shop.

Wiretap:
The rich and heavy tones as the twins father hails the shop-keeper; "You called Mr Hung? This is important I take it."

The shop-keepers cultured tone slowly slips back into his voice, although there is an underlying fear. "A couple of men, foreigners, were looking for the Emperor." the last holds a tone of respect but hatred and fear.

"Don't worry, just make sure I have the lotus blossom tea to give to him. At least he is out of my hair for the moment; if he got near my daughters..." the bosses voice pauses as if he senses something...

Moving over to the wire, the twin's father begins chanting. A low chant calling the ancestors; a spark comes from his hand straight down the wire - trying to injure the creator and break the connection.
And a Attack: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 1) - 8 + 4 = 3, a Conviction defence Kenneth, please.
And a Lore Roll to keep the Wire-tap in place Vs Lore: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 1) - 8 + 3 = 2

If you succeed:
"There done, he won't be bothering us again, I learnt from Sifu Cho after all." the Triad boss says pleased to have broken the connection. "Now, at least the Dragon is away from us staying with the locals that invited him. To think my daughters & I got summoned to this blasted land from the US just because of him. At least they brought their boy-toy along with them, although he's intriguing.... Well enough of my families business."

The shopkeeper starts to reply; "I have their number, you could sent Bolo after him; and if Tony stays here. Just in case they come back." he tentatively requests.

"I need some more of the tea! I have to deliver it to the residence later this afternoon. Tony and Bolo will look for the pair and... Mr Smith (?) with this telephone number!" He obviously shakes his head in disgust. "I'll be back in an hour for the tea."


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Conviction (Defense): 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (1, 3, 3, 1) - 8 = 4 Yay!
Lore (Maintain Tap): 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (1, 1, 1, 2) - 8 = 1 Boo. And I'm not really seeing an aspect to tap to fix that.

Kenneth winces and raises a hand to his ear, "'Twould seem that dear ol' dad's packing some power of his own. Shut down the link and tried tae burn me.... stopped one but nae the other."

He picks up a chip and douses it in malt vinegar, popping it in his mouth. "So, the good news is that I heard him asking after tea for the big guy. The b%~$@@*s is that I cannae hear what came later, and that they'll clearly be looking for us. I imagine that some or all of the goon squad will be set tae the task."

He picks up the vinegar and readies another chip for a soaking and says, "So, I suspect if we can wait around, we can pull one over the dobbers and swap the tea for anti-tea.... So let's start a plan on how we can dae that.... should be just a skoosh."

He pops the chip into his mouth, and then continues, "Oh, and, we need tae figure out how tae handle the goons. We can hide and let your trick keep them busy, we could set a false trail tae keep them wandrin' in circles, or lead them into danger.."

He takes a pull of his drink and then says, "..or we may want tae let them find us."

Kenneth holds up up hand, "Nae, I've not lost my mind. What we said tae the shopkeep should make them at least want tae bring us in tae answer some questions, which might be the simplest way tae access the tea supply, ye ken?"

Watching Danny squirm a little, Kenneth smiles, and prepares another chip for a thorough coat of vinegar, "However, while we're deciding, let's make sure ye switched your phone tae silent?"


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny's only reply is to tap his head on the table once more. Softer this time.

"Yeah, I've got an 'in', but I DON'T want to use it!" Danny finally replies, looking up to watch the girls' father adjust his suit and regally enter the shop.

"He doesn't know about me. I mean, I think he suspects. There's just too much weird stuff that happens when the girls and I get together. He'd have to be blind not to suspect something. But he doesn't KNOW. And I'd like to keep it that way!" He says earnestly, watching the familiar suited form disappear through the doorway.

He continues to watch through the grass-covered window as Kenneth adjusts his ear-wire and listens. So distracted is he that he dips his fish into the bowl of malt vinegar and eats it without a reaction.

Actually, I really DO like malt vinegar on my fish! it's good! :)

Danny continues to nibble halfheartedly, jarred out of his contemplations by Kenneth's sudden Celtic cursing and pulling the wire from his ear.

"What happened? you alright?" Danny asks wide eyed.

As Kenneth explains what he heard, and didn't, Danny slumps once more into the seat.

"This just keeps getting better and better. 'Daddy's' got powers? I SO do not want him knowing I'm involved!" Danny hisses, just a hint of fear in his voice.
"I wonder why the girls didn't tell me? I wonder if the girls had a clue before they met me? That might explain why they still hang around me." Danny murmurs off.

Finally he comes back to the present. "Aye, switching the tea sounds like the best, easiest bet right now. Shame we couldn't hear all of the conversation. Might be nice to know WHEN he's coming back for the tea. Less chance of them noticing the switch the less time it's sitting there."

IIRC, we still have to go BACK to Sarah to get the tea. She had to finish brewing it yes?

"Distraction. I'm a big fan of distractions. Lead them on a wild goose chase, run 'em in circles, whatever it takes. While we're doing that, the other one of us could pull the switch. I'm probably the best to lead them on a goose chase. I can make it look like we're still together while you pull the switch. Or the other way, with my songs I can sneak in and make the switch right in front of them." Danny shrugs.

"But I want to make sure that 'Daddy' is NO where nearby for either! If I lose my concentration, I don't want him or his personal bodyguards around to recognize me!" Danny says emphatically.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

No, I think we have the liquid tea now -- the airborne we get tomorrow.

Kenneth ponders a moment, then smirks, "Or.... you could lead them tae a place of my choosing... one where I had a wee bit o' time tae prepare a surprise or two, ye ken? I could likely keep the boggin lot of numpties tae busy tae get in your way when you make the switch... and mayhap bloody a nose or two while I dae it."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny grins.

"I do like the way you think sirrah!" He says cheerfully, holding up his tea cup to clink.
"His bully-boys have never been 'mean' to me, yet. But they give me the willies! And always so smug. Nothing like a little humility to take teh starch out of ones drawers, yes?"

As an afterthought, Danny does indeed check to make sure that his cell is set to silent.

"It should be fairly close by." Danny adds as he tucks the cell away. "Close enough we can get it set up quickly, and close enough that I can lead them to you, and get back to make the switch. An alley? Is there an abandoned building nearby?"

Oh good! I thought we were going to have to run back for the tea! :)

"And the quicker the better. They'll think they're setting a trap for us, not expecting one for them!" He grins impishly.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Slight retcon

Kenneth looks up, "De ye ken a Tony and a Bolo? They're the ones who'll be tasked with finding us, it seems. Also, apparently there's only an hour for us to make the switch."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Hour?!? Yoinks! We'd better get busy!"

"Wait, Tony and Bolo,...?"

Are these 'familiar' faces/names to Danny, or does Daddy keep his work and home life separate? ;P


Evil GM

You have seen them at Father's manor house. They came with him from America, generally they hang around Father and do the dirty/ muscle work. They are not the brightest, but they are loyal and good at practical problem solving.

You know them by sight and have had at most a conversation or two with them (although less if you wish).


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Yeah, I know them. Not the brightest blokes, but they stay pretty close to 'Daddy'. SO they must be trustworthy. I think he keeps them around because they're good at solving problems. Meaning, I think they make problems vanish." Danny says wryly.

"Yeah, they'll recognize me easily enough. Let's make sure they don't get a good look."

FYI- I'm going into show week. so little to no posting. ALthough I'll try to keep up at least once/day.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal sights down the barrel of the small pistol, keeping a bead on the man with the cowl.

"Spartan, I have a shot on the guy who attacked you. Should I take it?" Sal whispers into the headset, "I don't know what to do about this shadow by the doorway. Please advise."

She keeps her focus on the cowled man, ignoring the cold and the spatters of rain that plop from the sky and nearby buildings.


Evil GM

Danny & Kenneth

The pair of bulky men, their dark clothes and tanned skin exit the curio shop. They look up and down the street, then move off on foot down the narrow road talking quickly to each other. One gets out a mobile and starts to speak into it.

Over a minute later, the twins father exits the shop. He stands before the car for a second - as if he has gotten so used to someone opening a door for him that he cannot do it for himself. Then he opens the drivers car door...


Evil GM

Sal & Aximeus

The shadow slowly writhes against the steps, pulsing against the threshold. Anyone entering the building through the front door would have climb the flight of stairs and pass through the darkness.

The drizzle starts to intensify and there is a feeling that the word is closing in as the rain bounces off the heavy pavement as a mist. Whilst the clouds blow heavily overhead. 'Oh God!' Trips voice hisses worriedly over the phone.

A dark wave of panic rises in your gorges and the lights flicker and subside, the faint crimson glow surely must be blood.

Trips, radio crackles:
"He's following me - the suited man.
♪ במותו אנו חיים. דרך החיים שאנו מתים♫"
The words crackle over the radio not the army-mans voice but picking up another more sinister sound.

BANG BANG!

One of the upper story windows explode with the gun-fire, coming from the observed flat. A rain of glass falls upon the confines of the alley.

Both of you: Mental Attack: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 2 = 1 Vs Discipline


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny nods to Kenneth, pulling on his jacket and dropping off a few bills on the table.

"CLock's ticking. Let's go to work!" he grins at the bard.

Despite the situation, Danny obviously seems to enjoy the thought of the challenge. He rubs his hands together briskly as the wheels turn in his head,...

Ack! Sounds like the others are in for some excitement! Let's hope we don't find some ourselves! :)


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Discipline: 2 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 2 + (3, 1, 2, 1) - 8 = 1

Sal draws deeper into the sheltering shadow as the shadow moves of its own accord, blocking her access to the door as the armored man moves closer.

"Trip... you OK?" she whispers just before the strange words filter into her earpiece, then flinches when the window explodes, cowering back into her hiding place with her arms over her head to shelter from the shower of glass.

Madre de Dios! Get hold of yourself! Trip or the mission? He wouldn't leave you behind. But a bomb could be devastating to so many. Can't wait longer, time to move!

Sheathing her knife, she sprints from the shadows towards the door of the flat, trying to use leverage on the rail to vault over the shadow, but falls short - straight into the inky puddle.

Athletics: 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (2, 1, 2, 2) - 8 = 3

P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◙ ◘


Evil GM

Thus Sal has equalled the Mental (fear) assault so it's a 0 stress + weapon damage. A weapon:1 = 1 mental stress.

"I'm alright, somethings after me.... heading your way. I am too...." there is clear panic in his voice as well as the out-of-breath tones.

As Sal vaults up the stairs over the railing - the shadow seems to shift and shimmer. It moves so that she lands in it facing the door to the apartment.

The grey shape claws at her heavy leather boots, trying to find purchase to tear at her flesh and infest her with fear. However it's insubstantial nature finds it hard, but the thing radiates a cold....

Either Athletics or Discipline to avoid the attack, please Sal. Mental Attack: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 2) - 8 + 3 = 3


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal dances, trying to avoid the grip of the shadowy thing, but fails, its icy clutches chilling her.

Athletics: 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (1, 3, 2, 1) - 8 = 3

I'm not sure how to do the tag thing - can I use Axemius' commanding military presence to invoke Sal's 'Sir, Yes Sir!' for a bonus? I hesitate to post more until I understand the options.

1,801 to 1,850 of 4,236 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.