Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


1,751 to 1,800 of 4,061 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny nods.

"I think that might be a really good idea. Whether distraction or real threat, there's no way we can all follow up on the bomb and all the leads if we stick together. Besides. In smaller groups we look less like a mob intent on mystical and physical mayhem. We won't BE any less dangerous, just in smaller packages!" Danny grins.

"So Axe, Trip and Letitia go to London. Hope to find and defuse bomb, or better yet, hope it's a fake. Kenneth and I can follow up on trailing this potion-maker back to magic-armor-dude. And hopefully still have time to crash the ROAB's party and make sure they don't do anything to the government guys. (Although if they're anything like American politicians, they could use a good scare.)"

"AND, hopefully we'll all meet back together for a rousing celebration and send off party to kick the Emperor-wannabe back to China. Sound good?" Danny looks around for agreement or dissension, and glances at his cell phone.

I know this isn't long in 'Game time', but I don't want to keep her waiting too long! :)


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth says, "First up, there's a difference between a nuclear bomb and a dirty one. Nukes be hard tae get, whereas any blighted fool with stuff that goes bang and a spot of radioactive or biologics can make a dirty bomb. And, aye, 'tis a real threat. However, it is a distraction -- it's a horrible, nasty thing that's meant tae shut down our brains and make us focus all our energies 'pon it. It's the feint meant tae draw everyone out of position so the real agenda can proceed. I didnae say we should ignore it - though I dae think that this is one of those few cases where the authorities might be better at things than we -- just that we need tae realize that we're being played and not let the move succeed."

He then looks around and sighs, "I think that splitting up is the best plan, as I suggested. Now, I worry a mite about Letitia getting too close to the bomb, ye ken... But, since Letitia is going, she could ask the small folk for aid. 'Tis probably your best chance of success -- and if you pay them with wine and honey first, there isnae a worry about debt later."


Evil GM

Letitia adds; "Well my second has travelled down to London and is doing some investigation. Thus alongside Mr Aximeus' contacts we should be able to find what's happening down there... Good Luck!" she shyly kisses Jericho before rushing out to the car. Jericho replies that he'll stay here with Alicia, The Iron Knight of York will protect her.

Kenneth & Danny

The pair, borrowing a spare car of Trips, drive into the small city. Fortunately most of the shops are centrally located and it doesn't take too long to arrive at the small curiosity shop owned by the man. Located off a smaller side street, there is plenty of foot-traffic. The window is filled with trinkets and items of no certain authenticity. Crammed as it is, it makes the scene cluttered and uninviting to the casual observer.

Approaching it seems as if there is few if any customers, although the shop does have a bell for those who open the door.

Aximeus

Letitia opens the door to an unobtrusive and well-maintained Black Audi. "Shall we pick up anything from your residence? If not we head down the A-1 and be in London before evening. 4 to 6 hours depending upon Traffic." she says as Trip jumps into the back.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

I am no physicist; I cannot defuse a bomb, but it is likely guarded by a group of well supplied madmen, I expect two cannot do this

DSXMachina wrote:
Letitia bites her lip; "Why don't we split up, Aximeus you and Trip & I go to London and defuse the bomb. Whilst Danny and Kenneth investigate around here?"


Evil GM

Trip rubs his chin; "I have some experience in regular bomb disposal. Maybe, I can call in some of my army buddies? If we secure the ordinance; then they can dis-arm it?"


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

they would need hard radiation suits and lead lined gloves, I am thinking; this is way over my head; I am just thinking to find it and call in the government. If we are all in one group; with like walkie talkies; we can search a greater area if we can get some radiation detaction devices. I thought they could detect this stuff from space these days, sheesh.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Hey darlin'" Danny continues smoothly as if there was no interruption.
"Any chance you could use two extra 'talents' for this party? If so, I just upgraded your dinner out to include dancing!" Danny says suavely.

Danny quickly wraps up negotiations, including the when and where to meet if she can get them in.
Hopefully we can follow this other lead, than get to the 'party' on time! :)

=====

"Don't worry Axe!" Danny says cheerfully as they head for the cars.

"All you have to do is locate the bomb. I'm sure it will be far too scared of you to explode!" Danny laughs, only half jesting.

=======

"SO, how do you want to do this Ken?" Danny asks, looking in the shop window as if he was a tourist.

"I doubt mr dragon-suit is actually HERE. So we want this guy to lead us to him. So do we ask nicely? Try to scare him? Or maybe,... maybe we say we're from the herbalists, and that she was afraid that there might have been something wrong with the last package of lotus seeds she sold him? So she sent us to ask if everything was alright. That might cause him to hurry and check on his patient. Rather than wait and hope he goes to see him today." Danny suggests.

He peers myopically at a crowded shelf of knick-knacks in the window.

"I'm just not scary enough to be the bully. I'm much better at sweet talking. Especially girls." He grins.


Evil GM

Danny Phone

"Well if you look as good as you sound, I am sure we'd love to have your talents." She says softly before giving you a location to meet her tonight and you can follow her to the party. Security is tight.

Aximeus

Letitia replies; "Yes, I have the Geiger counters and we have a general locale. Soho, the seedy area of London. It makes the perfect hiding place but we will ferret them out."

Trip cuts in; "I know a couple of people in the area! From the American special forces; she might be able to help."


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth says, "I'm torn. Normally I'd say we should just watch him, see where he goes... but that doesnae fit well within our time constraints..."

...or my mood, tae be fair...

"So I think we need tae go have a chat with our middleman and ask some...pointed...questions."

He sighs and then says, "But before we resort tae 'bullying', as ye say, I think we can learn much by trickery. For instance, I bet he'd love information on where the wee bairn's being moved to... and that'd be more than enough tae make him want tae meet us... and pay us for the information."

Kenneth smiles mischievously... then frowns as he sees a flaw in his plan, then smiles again, "Though, lad, could ye make us look a mite less like ourselves?"


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe drives down to Soho; thinking song reference by The Who and starts humming some Who tunes as he drives around watching the rad counter


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
Kenneth Evander Finley wrote:

Kenneth says, "I'm torn. Normally I'd say we should just watch him, see where he goes... but that doesnae fit well within our time constraints..."

...or my mood, tae be fair...

"So I think we need tae go have a chat with our middleman and ask some...pointed...questions."

He sighs and then says, "But before we resort tae 'bullying', as ye say, I think we can learn much by trickery. For instance, I bet he'd love information on where the wee bairn's being moved to... and that'd be more than enough tae make him want tae meet us... and pay us for the information."

Kenneth smiles mischievously... then frowns as he sees a flaw in his plan, then smiles again, "Though, lad, could ye make us look a mite less like ourselves?"

"That,... I can probably do. Follow me!" Danny grins, walking down the street looking everywhere like a tourist. At the first available alleyway, he turns in and continues until out of sight of the street.

"Yeah, let's try to get him to volunteer information first. If we have to wait on him, we'll end up missing our party!" Danny grins, waggling his eyebrows in mock anticipation of the other undercover event they have yet to try and make it to.

"Alright,... Let's try to get this right the first time. Who, or what, do you want to be today?" He asks, grinning.

"Are going for 'pointed-scary' or 'pointed-concerned' for the questions?" He asks, already humming a tune and imagining both he and Kenneth with a different set of clothes and faces.


Evil GM

Aximeus

Apologies, Aximeus, for not posting sooner. I am trying to smoothly work in the new player.

The dark car, glides through the dark winters evening. The streets of London are strangely quiet. News of the bomb hasn't been leaked; but it seems the people of the capital sense the happening with a cautious anticipation.

There's occasional foot traffic, but few vehicles on the roads. The media may in future claim this is because of the increased tolls on the road, but the supernatural community knows better. Letitia is at the wheel, having made a stop to grab the counter from her underling. A pallid man with round glasses, heavy freckles and a disproving sneer; "The equipment you requested, Ms." he said drawing out the last word into a slightly contemptuous hiss.

Once away from there Letitia hands over the counter, bowing the the large Aximeus military knowledge. Trip interrupts as his phone rings...

The low hum of the car as it glides down the streets, looking out of the darkened windows you see the seedy-night-life of the area. Neon signs advertising, 'Shows', ladies stood without much clothes leaning against walls. A couple arm in arm walk down the street; their outrageous clothes clearly depicting a lifestyle choice.

Trip shuts the phone; "Hey guys!" he announces.


Evil GM

Danny & Kenneth

As you enter the shop it appears to be as cluttered, furniture, stuffed creatures, books, bottles and strange items not immediately identifiable. Both old and new they are piled together in a jumble, obviously you are either meant to know what you want (like the proprietor) or spend hours looking through the stock.

Behind a counter at the far end, sat upon a stool whilst holding a tatty book is an older Chinese gentleman is a soft worn silk suit. His whole demeanour is that of a comfortable older man with no hurries or no worries. The air of a kindly grandfather radiates from him, his lightly haired head and white thin drooping moustache in a classic Fu-Manchu show some hints at his theatrical nature.

The shop smells of flowery incense with undertones of old books and furniture. The low sound of a radio contrasts with the tick-tock of a hidden clock.

The old man looks up at the disguised pair, "May I help you?" he asks without a hint of accent.

Aximeus

"My friend Adriana is in town! We did some joint missions together, she's elite. If we need any back-up or bomb disposal expertise she's our man." Trip announces.

All of a sudden as they pass a row of tall terraced shops, lit by the halogen yellow lights and the neon of local clubs, the counter starts to click heavily. A rapid series of clacks...


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

She's our man? Where did you learn to speak? you sound like the South Bronks. Can you have her on stand-bye? We haven't gotten a reading out of the ordinary yet, but you never can tell, these new gizmos are better than the old ones I used, but same idea. Should jump if we get near a vehicle that transported, stored or contains it, but this is a wild shot at best. Keep looking outside for those guarding or watching a perimeter and things serious/out of the ordinary, like weapons or such, if they are in a public place like a cafe or diner; they might keep everyone there for a look of normality, but everyone would be nervous and if we drive by more than once and the people dont change; that might be a give away so note some particulars in case you see it again.

Axe sets the radiation counter for Gamma and Audible alert and scans the area we drive by for likely area for a setup.

Air burst covers more area; hence more destructon; ground burst; half and half; subterrainian burst; less area, far more fallout; which I knew more about their aims to know where to concentrate our search; anyone know any famous locals or historic places nearby; these tend to be favorite spots for such things?


Evil GM

Aximeus

A flush spreads across Letitia's face; "I did visit Soho in my youth." she mumbles. "There are a few places, it's mainly a centre of multiculturalism. With strong roots in music, theatre and *ahem* adult entertainments."

"It's know as one of the haunts of White Court Vampires, although we have an uneasy truce with them. There's no single land-marks, but it's home to an array of peoples from around the world - both natural and supernatural." her eyes widen. "It would be the ideal place to destroy supernatural creatures."

Could I have either a Alertness or Empathy roll, please.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny just nods and smiles at the old man, looking around curiously. He hums idly, keeping his illusion firmly in place.

(He discovered long ago that he doesn't actually NEED to sing, or hum, to keep his illusions going, but the habit of long practice is hard to break. And using music makes the process work so much easier.)

Danny glances in a reflective silver tray on one old wooden shelf, catching a glimpse of his reflection, and smiles, brushing a lock of perfect hair from his eyes. Danny, instead of his usual self, more closely resembles a 70's movie star, and Kenneth, well, he's still handsome, but his own mother wouldn't recognize him.

Danny's more than willing to talk, bu I figured Kenneth could take the lead here whiel Danny keeps his concentration focused. If Ken runs into trouble He'll jump in. :)


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

the only idea I can come up for is people here tend to mind there own business and not ask questions; seems if it were a more political statement they would want Whitehall.

Axe keeps his eyes pealed for clues.


Evil GM

Aximeus an Alertness/Investigation or Empathy Roll?


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth focuses his attention on an interesting piece of knicknackery, ignoring the shopkeeper for a full second before turning to him with a slight frown and somewhat negative tone, "I hope so. We were given the name of this shop as a place where we could find certain.... rare... hard to acquire.... objects."

Starting from a state of disappointment and believing we were misinformed may make him a little more eager to prove otherwise. At least, I hope so.

He turns away from the shopkeeper and begins to scan the room with a slightly disapproving scowl, as if trying to figure out why he was sent here. At least it gives me an excuse to look around..


Evil GM

Of course, I have all sorts of antiques and antiquities." The shopkeeper says smoothly; "What were you looking for?" his voice holds the soft hints of a cultured tone, pitched as to put the customer at ease.

"If you wish just to browse..." he holds out his hands, "but if it's specific item. I know where everything is in my shop. Did someone send you."


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Trip's in town and trouble follows, Sal thought as she ended the call. Figures. S'okay. Soho's been a bit dull.

The big gun, broken down unbelievably light and small, went into the black leather pack, little revolver in a shoulder holster under the black leather vest, and ka-bar in the hidden sheath on the backpack's shoulder strap. Spike up the mohawk a little, put in a few piercings, black makeup, fishnets, miniskirt that looked more like a wide leather belt than anything else, black combat boots, fingerless gloves. She checked herself out in the mirror. I fit right in as long as I keep my mouth shut.

Her current persona's ID went in the little pouch on the other backpack strap. Sal clicked off the lights in the flat and locked the door, trotting down the stairs to the ground floor and stepping over the junkie on the landing on the way. Pathetic.

Streetlights glimmered off the wet pavement and her breath plumed in the chill, damp air. It was wet cold, the kind that goes right through to your bones, but Sal had been trained to ignore that sort of thing. She checked her phone for the time and trotted briskly through the streets and alleys towards Madam Jo-Jo's. Bomb, eh? At least it's not something freaky.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny keeps humming to himself, he thought he knew what Kenneth was going to say, but the last sort of surprised him. AH well,... he usually liked surprises. As long as they were on someone else. He went along with it, glancing over the shelves as if looking for something that just wasn't there. Even blowing a bit of dust from one particular figurine and examining it with a raised eyebrow.

Welcome to the party Treppa!:)


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth turns back to face the merchant a second time and says, "Well, tae be honest, there are a few items that I'm seeking and of rather different origins..."

Let's keep him thinking I'm a customer before we crack his confidence...

"The fairst would be a decorative Celtic longbow made of woven strips of willow, oak, and bronze wire," Kenneth raises an eyebrow as he looks at the shopkeeper.

...and now, to shake him up a mite...

"The second would be enamalled and laquered armour of Chinese design, in the styling of an Imperial dragon."


Evil GM

"Call me Uncle." he gets up retrieving a bow from amongst a pile of books and cuckoo clocks.

"I like a man who knows what he wants! A Celtic bow, well I have a nice willow one; crafted on the banks of the Nidd strung with the braided hair of a Nerid. Unfortunately it's elm, sloughed by a tree on the Solstice under the waxing moon." he says smoothly trying to persuade Kenneth this bow would be more suitable. The friendly visage hardens as the second request comes; the older gentleman sitting back down.

His cumin-shade face pales slightly; just a lick of hesitation in his voice. "The Chinese government has been cracking down on their relics being 'lost' to foreign lands recently. With the rich nationals buying back the items at inflated costs..." his accent becoming slightly thicker. "I don't know where I'd find a dragon!" he adds hurriedly.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny shakes his head slowly, 'tsk'ing as if he heard the one answer he didn't want to hear.

'Not too bad. Little more direct than I usually like. But it worked. We got his attention. Now let's make sure we don't lose it.' Danny thinks to himself, altering his humming to something just slightly more,... sinister.

Danny's tuneless humming takes a decidedly darker turn, making Kenneth appear just a little more sinister than he was a moment ago, and making Danny seem like the cool calm center of the storm.

OK, rolling for illusion, hoping to add to Kenneth's 'intimidate' or whatever it is he's rolling! ;)

Deceit/Performance: 3d4 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 2


Evil GM

Whoops, it's been a while Danny. Its 4d3 - 8 + X

The Chinese proprietor looks from Kenneth to Danny a puzzling frown on his face. As if he suddenly realises he might be too deep in something.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Investigation: 2 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 2 + (3, 3, 2, 1) - 8 = 3
(Plus any bonus I may have gotten from Danny...)


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

ah hah! 4d3, not 3d4, thx! ;P

4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 6


Evil GM

Kenneth & Danny

The man looks nervously at the pair; "So why don't you take the bow...only £100 to you and leave? Got a business card?" his voice resonates with a colloquial accent and he moves away from the counter. Making sure to get some space, just in case the pair tries anything.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Ah, that is a shame." Danny says mildly.

"Mr Smith does so HATE for his collections to be incomplete. And we were assured that you could help us. That you were, ah, 'The Premier obtainer of rare antiquities' in the region."

"Although he is right, this IS a very nice bow. Not exactly what you were looking for, but nice work." He adds over his shoulder to Kenneth, rubbing a single fingertip along the bow shaft.


Evil GM

"Ahhh That would have been Tybalt, but he left us recently." he strokes his moustache. "I do have a magnificent collection here... if you wish to peruse more for your Mr Smith"

The man's eyes slide slowly across the bow as he watches for any potential danger.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny gives a small, tight smile.

"Your collection is indeed impressive. I am glad to see that your skills were not over advertised."

Danny gestures to Kenneth, "But Mr. Smith is quite particular. He has his heart set on this one particular set of armor, with Imperial Dragon design, for his collection. And we were assured that you could provide it." Danny's tone indicates that it would be,... most unfortunate, to disappoint 'Mr Smith'.


Evil GM

His eyes go wide and his face ashen; "I am sure I don't know what you are talking about. It's probably best if you leave here!" the old man stands up and picks a long cane. Pointing it at the couple he tries to herd them from the shop, like a shepherd with a group of cats.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

The streets are quiet, unusual even on cold, rainy nights like this. Sal slows and looks around a bit, taking shelter under the awning of a barricaded pub across from the Dog and Duck to scope out the activity on the streets - or the lack thereof. Plenty of time to get to Madame Jo-Jo's to meet Trip. It's awfully quiet. I'd give odds that the 'people' around here know something is amiss. I wonder if the Ladies do. They should have seen this, or the possible consequences. She frets a moment, then continues onward. No time to check with them now. Maybe this is why my thread was so short, not... the other.

Thanks! Happy to be here.


Evil GM

Sal

The rain drips down the sides of the awning and smack into the ground with an incessant rapping. Exploding as the hit the ground sending debris of water bouncing away. The streaked darkness beyond lit by the neon signs; whilst at the end of the street a woman wearing only her lingerie and a raincoat is illuminated by a fluorescent flood of light that blinks on and off.

Down the relatively narrow streets few cars pass, the rain cleanses whilst it disrupts the vision. Sal can just see a man with dark-suit and glasses run down the street; he leans against a wall. Rain doesn't seem to touch him as it slips away from his elegant attire. Taking off his dark glasses, it reveals dark black holes where his eyes should be and he knocks upon a building. With a grating sound lost in the pattering of the precipitation, the bricks pull apart... a dark glaring void beyond.

From this darkness a cowled figure emerges and the pair retire to the entrance of a nearby alleyway.

A heavy set man, gigantic by most peoples reckoning stands in front of the door to a club. Bernard, seems to be slabs of muscle put together. Cupped in one hand is a thick cigarette, trying to prevent it from getting damp between long drags upon it. He knows enough to keep his eyes to himself and the savvy to take everything in.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal saunters over and leans against the wall just under the awning. "Hey, Bernie. What's going on tonight? Streets are... strange."


Evil GM

Sal

Never one to speak a lot, every word he says is carefully picked out. Although his demeanour was quiet and respectful to the lady, he seemed to enjoy her competence at the door. "Quiet. Lotta Cops passed." his head motions slightly towards the young street-walker at the end. The subtle implication being that they haven't picked up the lady; the must have bigger fish to fry.

"Fear-demons out." he comments as the dry suited and cowled man walk down the street purposefully, seemingly having a place to be.

The club, that the ursine man guards is pulsing in a low rhythm, but experience tells you it cannot be full. In fact you'd be shocked if there were more than a dozen regulars.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal nods. "I'm meeting some friends near Jo-Jo's. We have business here tonight that will fix things up. They're strangers, but I'll be with them. I appreciate any help you and yours might be able to give if we get in a fix. But now, I gotta go. And if things don't work out.. it's been good knowin' ya."

Sal moves out into the rain, heading towards the meeting place. She watches the passing cars carefully, keeping an eye out for Trip.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod
DSXMachina wrote:
Aximeus an Alertness/Investigation or Empathy Roll?

Empathy or Alertness

4d3 - 7 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 1) - 7 + 1 = 3


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

oh; its minus 8; sorry; my result should be a 2; am amazed the dice roller was on board hehe.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe frowns at the pallid man with that "you better be polite to the lady" type glare, but stays quiet.
4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 2 = 5

DSXMachina wrote:

Aximeus

Apologies, Aximeus, for not posting sooner. I am trying to smoothly work in the new player.

The dark car, glides through the dark winters evening. The streets of London are strangely quiet. News of the bomb hasn't been leaked; but it seems the people of the capital sense the happening with a cautious anticipation.

There's occasional foot traffic, but few vehicles on the roads. The media may in future claim this is because of the increased tolls on the road, but the supernatural community knows better. Letitia is at the wheel, having made a stop to grab the counter from her underling. A pallid man with round glasses, heavy freckles and a disproving sneer; "The equipment you requested, Ms." he said drawing out the last word into a slightly contemptuous hiss.

Once away from there Letitia hands over the counter, bowing the the large Aximeus military knowledge. Trip interrupts as his phone rings...

The low hum of the car as it glides down the streets, looking out of the darkened windows you see the seedy-night-life of the area. Neon signs advertising, 'Shows', ladies stood without much clothes leaning against walls. A couple arm in arm walk down the street; their outrageous clothes clearly depicting a lifestyle choice.

Trip shuts the phone; "Hey guys!" he announces.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Trip, where you saying something? think my mind wandered back to the 40's, been a long while since I been here; is like wierd, place is the same but with more color; garish color, how good is your friend at bomb disposal, another pair of eyes wouldnt hurt


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

He's probably got tinted windows or something. Sal looks for her old friend.

Alertness: 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 4


Evil GM

Aximeus

The counter keeps softly clicking...

"She's good. Although you got to keep on her good side. Best sniper I did see... and she's clued in." he replies, the last ending enigmatically and in a tone to indicate that he doesn't want to talk about it.

"She's waiting at Madam JoJo's; the cabaret club. You were here in the 40's? That must have been...interesting." Trip says then suddenly he quirks an eyebrow... "Look at fellow me lad over here."

Just as he says it Aximeus also spots a short man, his coat pulled tightly around him and a large hat upon his head. Despite the few people upon the streets, you wouldn't normally notice him but the way he looks around makes him seem suspicious.

Previously:
The young pale warden is slightly intimidated by Aximeus stare, with a slight tremble which he quickly suppresses. He turns away with resentment mumbling to himself.

Sal

Bernie nods a goodbye to Sal, from him this is an emotional farewell and a confirmation that he'll help her. The quiet big man has a heart of gold and a sharp eye - even if it takes a while to find out because of his stoic demeanour.

She walks down the streets and sees a black authoritarian vehicle glides slowly down the street, then through the drivers window there's Trip. However her eyes drawn to an Oriental man in a long overcoat and fedora, hustling and looking around. He sees the 2 figures of the 'fear demons' on the other side of the road and increases his pace...


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

Sal trots over to the shining black car -- could you be more obvious, Trip? -- and raps on the driver's window, trotting alongside if need be.

"Lookin' for comp'ny, luv?" she says in her best streetwalker's accent.


Evil GM

Trip looks into his friends face; meticulously avoiding her state of dress, or undress and replies in his cultured tone; "Well the back-seat is free, if you fancy some action?" he winks his voice slightly cheeky enjoying playing the role of punter.

In the back of the vehicle is a woman who looks no more than early to mid-20's and is wearing a sensible but nicely cut suit, you notice in the well is a rapier.


P: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ S: ◘ ◘ M: ◘ ◘ FP: ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ◘ ; no current consequences

"Price first, my lad!" Sal leans down to the window to 'bargain', rain dripping from her. "That guy in the fedora at three o'clock moves like he's nervous about something, Trip. Want me to follow him on foot? Or do you folks already know what we're looking for?" she whispers, with a nod to the rest of the people in the car.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe glances at the man and gets a tactical look at the location; shops, vending machines, newspaper stands, solicitors and whatnot in an attempt to walk past the man to get a drink or newspaper or whatnot and get a radiation reading from him as if he was near a dirty bomb he would have a higher count than normal.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Adriana is looking into the car I am in right? So she would see a large, heavily muscled man wearing a full overcoat over some type of bronze looking armor, a bonze sheild in the back seat and a gladius looking sword leaning against the door; he is holding a radiation counter; as she is ex military; to her he radiates a strong sense of military bearing and leadership much like a Sargent Major. If she looks closer she would probably see the Grecian style toothbrush helmet on the floor in front of me and my duffle bag in the back seat.


Evil GM

Yep, Adrianna "Sal" is looking in

There's a store-front, that when Aximeus passes the man the counter peaks. Having turned it to mute. The store front is an art review; and theatre. And Aximeus returns to the vehicle just in time for "Sal" to arrive at the window.

1,751 to 1,800 of 4,061 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.