Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


1,651 to 1,700 of 4,293 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Evil GM

It's fine I was just making sure you weren't going to sneak into a Sorceress' private rooms.

Ms Knight is stood there her Crimson tresses streaked with black curling down her back. As you enter the lecture theatre, you notice it is empty. She reaches up to the top of the white-board to wipe off some invisible smudge, her clothes riding up slightly.

Once she is back on both her feet, she turns around a cheeky smile upon her face. "Seen enough? Lecture isn't for another half hour." she is very concious of the effect she usually has upon young men and uses it to her advantage. "You wanted?..."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny & Kenneth

Danny munches and sips thoughtfully, shock and the impression that Ken gives off overriding his usual impulse to talk first and think later.

"I'm sorry, I mean Thank you, I'm glad to learn that about my mother. It's just that, for a while now I've been trying to find out about her, and everyone I meet either can not or WILL not tell me anything about her!"

"I really did just come as a messenger, but now I find that I must ask you about my mother. Erm, at your convenience, of course." He adds, glancing at Kenneth.


Male Ferromancer

Jericho smiles slightly. The woman wouldn't play him. Jericho was better than that. "I came early, to meet the illustrious Ms Knight. After all, you're getting involved in my business and that makes us either allies or enemies. I'm good to my allies, and honorable to my enemies, both of which require me to know the person I'm dealing with, so first let's get this over with." Jericho stands tall and then bows slightly in a formal White Council greeting. "My name is Jericho Korben, sometimes called the Iron Knight of York."


Evil GM

Danny & Kenneth

The man moves to the table and sits at he head as if holding court, though he acts and puts you at ease with. "That's fine Danny, she talked of you. Her hopes for you, I see they have come true you are a fine young man. Have you a girl? I know she'd want you to."

His warm voice with the hearth makes the world feel so protected and hearkening back to you youth. "I was with her...at the end." he looks to Danny and tries to reassure him. "No, she isn't dead." He pauses trying to find the best way to say this.

"I saw that the world, it could plunge into darkness. I knew we had to do something, I felt responsible. I was wrong. Not as subtle as Loki or Odin, I took direct action." he pauses filled with recrimination. "Along with your mother, Michael Warwick Jericho's father, and a few others. Although it did just come down to the four of us in the end, as friends fell, left to start families or had there own adventure." He is purposefully omitting someone.

"We went around the world trying to stop wrongs, the seer..." he grimaces "Then it happened we were at the Nexus on Holy Isle...betrayed....Warwick dead....she sacrificed herself trapped in the Nexus. Half alive, waiting." his voice breaks.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny stares. Danny gapes. Danny closes his mouth and leans forward, elbow on the table, one finger held up. Danny opens his mouth to speak, closes it. He leans back and takes a gulp of hot tea. He inhales sharply to cool his burning tongue. Danny leans forward again,...

"Let me make sure I got this right." He says, eerily calm.

"You,... decide to help out on Earth," Danny either ignores or accepts the fact that this guy just declared he was THE 'Baldur' of Celtic legend, "Along with my mother, and a few friends. And she's still alive? But trapped in,... what? Some magical equivalent of a black hole?"

Danny shakes his head. "I'm sorry. Please don't think I'm ungrateful but, it's gonna take me a moment to process this,..."

'My mother is alive!?!?'


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

I am Italian; or Greek; or bit of both so you can pretty much guess my religous training Axe sidesteps the question

I will tell Dora, I expect to see her again soon, I find her interesting and intriguing and quite a lady of refinement

That Valentine's Ball, I was there, some party crashers came in all right; not sure what it was about, some Chinaman with a Dragon motif and his party of thugs and ghouls broke in, think they were looking for something taken by the British that belonged to the Chinese Emperor. They were hurting people so I had to step with my friends and put a stop to it, I believe some fire was involved. Dasterdly business, that...quite. This guy will probably strike again as I dont think he found his artifact [b]

Axe rolls his eyes as English lingo pops from his mouth...lol man of the people

DSXMachina wrote:

[b]Aximeus

"Greek Orthodox Church, oh sorry, I thought you were of that denomination." the father says apologetically. "Oh my brothers estate, well....errm I think it'll be a while until he is declared officially gone. I did go to the police, but they said 'he was a grown man and wanted terrorist, so probably on the run'. So long as any profits are not funnelled to him I am sure they won't mind."

The father pauses; "Dora's taken over, she's a very competent. You know her? Well she can keep the majority of the profits she makes, if you wish to tell her that. I'll get some legal documents arranged."

"Oh, the Bishop, he just was annoyed that he was pressured into stop a Valentines Ball fundraiser for the Cathedral roof, letting some other people get the profits." He snorts then lets out a guilt gasp; "At least they didn't make a profit, there was a massive fire or something."


Evil GM

Aximeus

"Shocking, old chap. Simply shocking, I cannot believe the media didn't report it." the vicar says shocked. "Good to hear about you and Dora, though she must be 10 years your senior at least." he says conspiratorially.

Danny & Kenneth

Shaking his head slightly, 'Sven' continues his voice hoarse; "No, I don't think that. I... am sorry. We were back at the Nexus, on Holy Island, Lindisfarne. We made sure not to travel there too frequently lest others know about it. The senschal and the tides hold a manner of creatures at bay."

His voice breaks slightly;"Just another routine assignment, The Seer told us about. We collected the Horn of Kell from the Rakaasha's Lair, took it back to the Nexus to lock it away." he pauses breathing hard at the memories, blinking away the tears.

"The Seer betrayed us, as we opened the Nexus the Seneschal warned us, and just in time...." the tears roll down his cheeks "we opened the outer portal and the Kobold appeared with a host."

"Warwick fell, he fought to exhaustion a warriors death. I held them back as best I could... he puts his hand to his side. whips of mistletoe." he concludes.

"She was so brave, she took the key, a mirror, walked into the outer portal and smashed it. The fragments exploded like a fire outward, maiming all we battled against. I saw her trapped there, amongst the mists...." Tears roll down his face, despite his stoic visage.

There is a thump of a door, followed by small footsteps and a few seconds later a mousey young librarian enters the room; without noticing the other pair she rushes over to her husband. "Sven are you alright?" she holds him tightly.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny & Kenneth

Danny sits and stares as 'Sven' relates the tale. The ancient warriors impassioned retelling of the tragic final battle and Danny's own vivid imagination making it play like a movie in his eyes. In 3D.

When the slight woman enters it breaks Danny's trance, and he quickly wipes his eyes as she worriedly fusses over the large man.

To Kenneth, it seems that the normally ever-wagging tongue of the young singer is in no hurry to start wagging anytime soon.

But good things never last.

"<Sniff> Excuse me ma'am. Sven was just, telling me a story. It was very,... touching. He's an excellent tale-teller." Danny says, smiling. His eyes only slightly red.

"Sorry, where are my manners?! Hi, I'm Danny. This is Kenneth." He stands up and extends his hand.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth & Danny

Kenneth quietly sips his tea, having done his first duty as Herald, allowing Danny to learn the details of his past and fighting off the impulse to interrupt along the way.

When things quiet down, Kenneth starts to ask a question, "Did ye say a kobo--", but is cut off by the arrival of the former god's wife.

Hospitality, lad. Ye ken the rules... and perhaps I can draw a wee bit o' attention away from Danny for a mite...

He stands and bows his head slightly at the newcomer, "Well met, madam. Indeed, 'twas a most emotional and wrenching tale. Your husband is truly an extraordinary man, and we are both very grateful for his wisdom and gifts."


Evil GM

"Thank you, you're very kind." she puts her hand around he husbands shoulders protectively. "I know, I am lucky to have him. Did he show you his art-work, his sculptures are magnificent." she looks to Danny.

"Don't I recognise you? Weren't you with that nice lady and the dog?" you realise she is the mobile librarian with the purple van.

Baldur straightens slightly; "Love, could you get that little sculpture from the garage?" he asks the affection and love apparent as he looks to her.

The mousey lady leaves and Baldur continues; "She doesn't know much about my past and my current powers, I would appreciate it if you kept it that way. She'll be a dozen minutes finding it, I'll just prepare her tea - if you have questions?". He gets out a pot and tea leaves.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Questions?!? Yeah, I've got a hundred. For each of those dozen minutes we have!" Danny answers ruefully. He already looks more like his 'usual' self.

"But Yes, Don't worry. Your secrets safe with me! I'm just the messenger. OH! And speaking of!" Danny quickly reaches into his jacket and pulls out the envelope, looking amazingly unrumpled despite the events of the last few days.

"I'd better give you this now then." He says, and hands it to Sven.

"There was a message too. 'She' said,... Quote from many posts ago. ;)"

Danny looks thoughtful, or like he's trying to dredge up a memory through a sea of molasses.

"Also,... I don't know what it meant, but as people like 'her' always mean something when they talk,... I don't know, maybe she was trying to tell you something extra? 'She' said, 'He didn't ask the right question,...' Um,... other than that, I just promised to deliver you the letter. So, there you are!" He smiles wanly, shrugging his shoulders as if to apologize for not having more to say.


Evil GM

Baldur reads the letter, tears slowly burn from his eyes. 'No...' for a second you see rage in his eyes so immense that it could destroy worlds. Then he calms down, his cheeks wet with sorrow.

He pauses looking to the pair; "I asked the 'woman of the woods' what we should do about the Rise of Dragon Emperor. Only now does she tell me that it would kill my first wife Maria." he shakes his head. "And that poor Amelie would lose her mind. That's why your mother is special Danny, the only Fey I would trust with my life."

He nods; "The pair of you have my word and my friendship."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny takes a step back when Sven reads the letter. He casually judges the distance to the door before deciding that the large, strong, and probably mystically powerful man is not going to blow his top. Yet.

"Um, Thank you. I'm sort of a johnny come lately to the party, but from what I know about the Fae, I'll take that as a complement." He says with a charming grin.

He glances at Kenneth at the unexpected declaration from Sven. He nods his head respectfully.

"Thank you sir. That's, not only an honor, but very generous of you."


Male Ferromancer

"Sorceress Knight?" Jericho asked, perturbed by her silence.

Posted upthread, think you missed it.


Evil GM

Apologies Jericho. I completely didn't see it. (I'll blame the Post Monster & invisble posts) ;p

Jericho

She bites her finger seductively; "Yes, I have heard of you. I though you would be....older. How have I been in your business? I do not believe I have had the pleasure!" she says emphasizing the last word.

Saraya slinks towards the Knight, knowing how to move in all the right ways. "I am sure you would love to get to know me better."

Danny & Kenneth

Sven adds; "The dragon-man, he seeks me. He had a baned weapon, I do not fear him but for my Love."


Male Ferromancer

Wow... subtle. Jericho thinks sarcastically, keeping a courtly face on. "Ms. Knight, I've had the pleasure of attempted seduction by a Fae Princess, a Red Court Lady and a very accommodating demoness. Not that I'd like to insult your methods but they are quite good at it and I managed not to foolishly sleep with any of them." Jericho steps around a step as she reaches him, keeping her a step away from him. "Please drop the little games. What do you know about the girl?"

Empathy Attack:4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 3 = 1


Evil GM

Empathy Defense 4d3 - 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 2 + 2 = 1 (the extra 2 is a stunt relating to seduction attempts)

She pouts "You're no fun. Subtlety is for those who are not as skilful as I."

"The girl, what can you give me? And please don't threaten me, I have played with bigger boys than you. Give me a reason or some actual benefit?" she seems more accommodating than you would have thought.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
DSXMachina wrote:


Danny & Kenneth

Sven adds; "The dragon-man, he seeks me. He had a baned weapon, I do not fear him but for my Love."

Danny gives Kenneth a surprised look.

"Good reason to be cautious. But, WHY is he after you? And,..." Danny glances quickly and meaningfully at the door to the garage the mousy librarian exited through. ",... And do you know why he might also be after a key? A very particular key? Say, child-shaped?" He asks in hushed tones.


Evil GM

Danny & Kenneth

He nods slightly; then his eyes expand widely. Obviously shocked by the revelation. "Firstly, questions in order. During the Boxer rebellion, well we slightly precipitated it." he winces.

"We heard that the immortal Dragon-Emperor was looking for an artefact so that he could transform into a real dragon and kick the foreigners from their shores. We took the item and locked it in our Nexus at Lindisfarne." Baldur motions and the flames in open fire behind him slow down their flickering. "I have slowed time in this house for now, Laura'll take longer. He couldn't come after me before, he must have the lotus flower nectar. It allows him to travel from his boarders, without it he is bound to the limits of the Chinese empire."

He takes a deep breath composing himself the mention of the key has him doubting even his own powers; "The dark-skinned youngster? She is it? The key? The re-birth! It's is said that there will be an individual for whom magic cannot affect. Of course, magically enhanced speed and strength can still kill her." he concludes as a warning.

"I wondered why it took all my power to arrest her fall. She can break any enchantment or spell. Even a Gods. All wards and working unravel before her - the ultimate thief or assassin."

"She could free the Dragon-Emperors artefact... or your mother." Baldur concludes his eyes wide with realisation and unshed tears.

Is everything alright with Kenneth, sorry that this concentrates upon Danny, we'll get more for you soon.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Yes Kenneth/Tilnar, Please jump in! You're the bard, Danny just likes to talk! :)

Danny blinks at the now slowly flickering flames. His eyes widen as understanding hits.

'This guy is even more powerful than I thought! How is it I keep getting involved with these,... waitaminute,...'

"So she's a what? A reincarnation of, an ancient sorceress? COme to think of it, when someone tried to spy on her magically she said she just 'made it fuzzy' or something. Waitaminute,... freemymother?!?!"


Male Ferromancer

"Give you? I'll give you something if you give me something." Jericho's eyes turn dark but he tries not to be threatening. "Why were you following her? What is she to you, and how did you know where she was?"


Evil GM

Jericho

Sariya raises an eye-brow at something; "Alright, cutie, I was hired by those bastards of the Order of the Buffalo. There money's as good as any and if you can owe me one I'll gladly inform on them." she says suggestively.

"They told me to do some surveillance, they thought someone may have been 'holding a girl against her will'. Although that's b~@$~$$s, they want to kill anything supernatural. Girls probably a wizard she kept me out, so probably a good one she fishes."

Running a finger along her neck-line as if warm; "Knew something big was going down, they have the Vice-Chancellor in a huff. Something big with Councillor Fairweather."

Danny & Kenneth

"Fuzzy....some sort of nullifying effect. Well that would be one way to describe it." Baldur ponders. "Yeah, I think you could free her..... but the seneschal would stop you. It's a being that has guarded the nexus forever. Since the betrayal, no-one has returned from the monastery above the nexus."

Aximeus

After you get off the phone and have your nap the manor-house is quite. "Trip" is away to get some more 'supplies', there's even the hint that some of them might be quite useful from a survivalist perspective. Alicia is in her room, having a nap after having read and watched some TV.

Letitia comes downstairs and upon seeing Aximeus; "Hello, so we have to find this dragon-man and take him out?" She pushes a pair of glasses up her nose. "So what's you're story I cannot quite read you. You're not a spell-slinger, or purely human, there's no vampire or fay to you. Who are you?"


Evil GM

Aximeus

10 minutes later:
Your phone rings; it's Detective Ramsbottom of the Police & Order of ST. John. "Just got word, a separatist Chinese terrorist is supposed to have brought a dirty bomb into London. The Government are thinking of moving to the emergency fall back location....20 miles up the road."


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Apologies. Busy weekend (and a long weekend here in Canada). And no worries about Danny's backstory being woven in, I'd rather see that than any generic pre-written plot...

Kenneth's eyes widen at Sven's declaraion, "You honour me, and my Lady.", he says and bows deeply.

He listens to the tale, surprised at the description of the key, "That is powerful gift -- all magic, even that of faith... But as you say, being immune to the magic fireball willnae stop ye from dying in the fire as the building burns around her.... So then, they seek out the wee lass not so much to open a lock, but to be immune to the magic locking the door? Is this linked tae anything, or will the lassie always be chased by those that would abuse her gift?"

He turns to Danny, "Well lad, I dinnae ken why your mother be imprisoned, but it seems tae me that's probably a lock I'd rather see opened than the one holding back the Dragon-Emperor's b&%$*&+s-toy."

He pauses for a moment, his rational brain catching up with the emotion-triggered responses to the tales of Danny's mother, "Wait.. You said he's using an extract, like a potion, tae leave his homeland? Can we mix something up that would neutralize it? I dinnae think he'd enjoy having his power or soul suddenly ripped back to China while standing here just a few hours from bonny ol' Scotland."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny murmurs as if to himself, only half listening to Sven and Ken,

"Great, so good news, my Mother's alive. Bad news, she's trapped in a mystical carbonite block, Good news, we have the key! BAd news, it's guarded by a monstrous monster. WHY can't the good news ever come withOUT a side dish of Dangnabbit?!?"

Danny blinks as he realizes what Kenneth is saying.

"See? THIS is why I like making new friends!" He grins at Kenneth.

"WHat about it Sir? WOuld something like that work? It might not stop Mr dragon-suit, but if it slows him down that's got to be a big help!"


Evil GM

Danny & Kenneth

Taking a sip of the honeyed tea; he answers Kenneth question. "Prophecies say little about the Key, vague references as if the anti-magic itself works against them. I believe as she grows she will be able to control the powers - there is a quote; [i]"Knowst it by purity, knowledge and strength. It opens many locks not least the heart and mind."[i] In time I would expect her powers would allow her to stop being targeted." he answers, then ponders.

"Maybe it'd work through capturing the hearts and minds of any would be predator?" he muses wildly.

The rangy blonde god nods; "Yes, yes, it could. My hope if he came for me was just to wait here with my wife. Waiting for his lotus tea to run out. Patience is a virtue I have." he says.

"Well it could be either an potion to drink, maybe a poison upon a blade...though it might not be as effective, an incense that is breathed in. Contact on the skin would be harder, especially encased in that armour. And through physical or sexual contact the hardest yet." He muses, "I have most ingredients here, but I'll put you in contact with an alchemist." He scribbles a name upon a piece of paper and places 3 coins minted out of an unknown metal upon them.

Then the God busys himself and gets a host of herbs, spices and other strange ingredients from his extremely well stocked cupboard placing them into a wooden box.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny smiles, grinning at Kenneth knowingly.

"Yeah, well, I believe that. She certainly captured the hearts and minds of our friends easily enough! MAybe that's part of her magic too?" Danny says, only half-joking as he watches with interest as Sven gathers a pile of what could be kitchen seasonings and puts them in a box.

He glances at the bard and it seems from his occasional nods that Kenneth at least has a clue what some of the things are. Danny puts that on his 'ask at a more opportune moment' list.

"So, he has to take this 'lotus tea' to be able to leave China? Is the tea itself magical? I'm just wondering if our young friend could maybe just,... cancel out the tea and send him back that way?" He asks with a shrug.

"I'm not exactly a magical expert. Just trying to figure out how these things work." He grins.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth ponders a moment, "I imagine Sven's friend is more gifted than I am. I would need tae start with some of his tea to work from. If the tea is what allowed him tae leave China, losing it should be, well, I would say ... dramatic.... if we can completely neutralize it."

Kenneth pauses, trying to think of an analogy, then smiles, "Think of it as him suddenly being uninvited from the whole United Kingdom, and having to cross a threshold more than a thousand years old with the belief and faith of millions in Pax Brittania."

He pauses and winks, "Well, except maybe Scotland and Northern Ireland."

Lore (restoring the limitation): 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (1, 2, 2, 2) - 8 = 3

He continues, his tone slightly excited, "I dinnae imagine he'll be yanked back bodily tae China, but the power and spirit behind the flesh would... and depending on his nature, it's possible he wouldnae be able tae maintain himself... which could give us a chance tae finish things rather than have tae face him again when he gets another shipment of Twinnings."

His smile slowly erodes as he tries to think through the problem, "He's too strong to make him drink something against his will.. at least without trickery... but if we have to slowly poison him, with blade and arrow, say, then each one should build a wall against his power... he'll figure out what we're doing rather quickly, and may use what's left of his power tae head tae his draconic tea shop... which would be bad. I dinnae ken if Axe or Ril could slow him down enough tae let us finish the job."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny frowns, then looks interested, then grins his 'I'm good!' grin.

"What we NEED to do is find out where he's hiding when he isn't robbing museums. If we can find where he hangs his hat,... well, at the very least we need to do that to confront him anyway. And maybe,... well, I'm VERY good at getting people to do things they say they won't!" He grins evilly.

I'm just thinking, a really good illusion and he'll drink whatever we give him, IF he thinks it's his usual tea! :)


Evil GM

Danny & Kenneth

Baldur makes sure that all the items are stored in the varnished wooden box, it's intricate carving and whittling is exquisite. It draws the eyes seeming to depict a woodland scene, that upon closer inspection are woodland creatures doing battle but not with weapons but other creatures.

The bottles and sprigs of flowers are interspersed with small tokens and a rabbits foot, a dead scorpion, a row on ants in a floral dish marching in a spiral, a strange luminous bottle that glows with unearthly light. The name on the card is: Sara of the Evil Eye. The pagan witch and Kenneth's friend, expert in the herbs.

"I could send you to a Chinese herbalist. He might have a more potent liquid but I would not wish to endanger him." He pauses for a second. "Sara should be able to grow the Lotus flower tea from these seeds." He extracts a small brown packet from a high cupboard.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Yeah, let's not add any more people than we already have on the endangered list. And we are, already acquainted with Sara." He grins.

"Hey, sir. I just want you to know that I appreciate all of this. And,... everything,..." He says, looking slightly flustered. (Danny is many things, but flustered is usually not one of them.)

"Is there anything that we, that I, can do to help? I mean, obviously the message you got wasn't what you were hoping to hear. I'm NOT a powerful wizard or anything. But if there is anything I can do,...? Well, just ask."


Male Ferromancer

"I don't owe unspecified favors milady. That's a rookie mistake around supernatural creatures." Jericho considers for a moment as he sits at a nearby desk. "I will perform for you one service, to be agreed upon at a later date. I may refuse any specific service on grounds of morals or any which would go against my own self-interest. In exchange for all the information you will be able to give me on the deal with the ROAB and any further information you have pertaining to the girl." Jericho extends his hand absentmindedly while still thinking. "I will swear it by my power if you will."


Evil GM

Jericho

Saraya smiles and gives a respecting nod. "So I swear it. Although you would have had fun the other way. Anyway the ROAB, they had an shadowy advisor, some oriental fellow. I met them at their Harrogate headquarters, they handed me a dossier on the girl." she rummages in a podium and produces it handing it over to Jericho. "Then told me to follow and find her, they gave me a list of those at the Ball and those with 'powers'."


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth and Danny

Kenneth takes the card and immediately begins laughing, "Apparently the wee soulless machines in the cave are right. 'Tis a small world, after all."

I dinnae like the idea of bringing this kind of danger down on Sara, especially while she's still tending tae poor Sloane.... Still, I suspect we're all in much more danger if we dinnae stop the dragon-emperor....

Kenneth stands back as Danny makes his heartfelt declaration to Baldur, then adds, "I, too, would be honoured to serve. As I said, my Lady is quite fond of all those who bring the Light tae mankind."

He looks over at Danny and says, "So let's go see about mixing up some Dragon-Emperor repellant... and see how the poxy old thing takes his anti-tea... hopefully with a few lumps."

He winks and adds, "I would have called him an overgrown lizard, but I couldnae insult Jim Morrisson that way."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny snorts, trying to control his laughter. His glance is part glare for stealing his thunder, and part admiration for the joke.

"Sounds good. I wonder if he likes knuckle sandwiches, I mean finger sandwiches, with his tea?" He grins.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth smiles, "Ach, now ye have me picturing Axe in a frilly maid's uniform carrying a silver tray. 'Tisnae a pretty sight, ye ken."


Male Ferromancer

"I'm sure it might have been more fun the other way, but I tend to keep my fun firmly in my control." At this he stands up and takes the dossier, then whispers "Manyetik" And catches Sariya as she is flung at him by her belt and jewelery suddenly magnetizing. "Like so..." Jericho says, before kissing her passionately as he dismisses the spell. The Ferromancer then places her on her feet with a cheeky grin and begins to turn and walk away.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
Kenneth Evander Finley wrote:
Kenneth smiles, "Ach, now ye have me picturing Axe in a frilly maid's uniform carrying a silver tray. 'Tisnae a pretty sight, ye ken."

Danny cringes theatrically,

"ACK! Excuse me while I poke myself in my mind's eye!" He says, poking himself in the forehead several times with his finger.

Danny grins at Kenneth, then looks at Sven. The large man is staring with a single raised eyebrow.

"Um, sorry? You kinda have to know him." Danny says, almost straight faced.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

sorry about he delay
------
My story <chuckle> trade for trade in equal shares? I am an old soldier; been in a few wars and whatnot; good with most weapons and I suppose Dannyboy would say I am good in a fight since I can stand toe to toe with a ghoul when in my armor and with weapon of choice. No, I am not a vampire, hate em on general principal.

I am not certain about many details about this dragon man; he employs ghouls so I dub him a villain and would sleep better knowing he was evicerated by someone. <ring> my pardon, I must answer this.

Good morning Detective, A who, a what; are you driving through the streets with a gieger counter? If it is dirty; people are going to be getting sick even if they do not detonate; ths really chaps my hide! Any leads? I will ask around; someone had to handle it; will head down to Chinatown, but currently I am guarding a child that may be the link to all of this. I will keep in touch, goodbye

call Danny
Danny, serious issue; the government is withdrawing from London; very strong evidence the Chinese have brought in a dirty bomb. We gotta stop them, can any of our newfound team mates help? I am still here guarding the child

to Letitia do you happen to have a gieger counter?

after his conversations are done.

Axe checks in on the girl and will circle around the manor and look around looking at the local area and see if any cars and whatnot are about; then check the girl again.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Excuse me," Danny says as his phone rings.

"Hello Axe, we were just talking about you!" He grins.

"Hey now, slow down,... the what did what with the,... WHAT? I don't know! But I'll call as we travel! Ken and I will be back asap!" Danny clicks his phone shut.

"I do not want to be rude sir, but we kind of need to go. Now. If your offer still stands, we could really use that ride back to town." Danny says, speaking so swiftly his words almost run together.

He takes a breath, and glances at the garage again.

"I suppose you might as well know too. Seems the government is moving to a safe location. Rumor has it some terrorist group brought in a dirty bomb. WHat are the odds it's tied to our new 'friends' and their little search for the 'key'?"


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth whistles at the news and says sadly, "And once again, mankind proves itself more a monster than any daemon from beyond the veil."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny shakes his head, and then shrugs.

"Maybe. Although usually I find that otherwordly creatures like Fae simply do not have free will, they can only follow their nature. Humans are just,... unusually stupid sometimes." He says sadly.


Evil GM

Jericho

Saraya gasps and returns the kiss with a passionate breathlessness. "Next time I have to take all my piercings out." she cocks an eyebrow seductively. "Or maybe not!"

As she sways back from his magical grip with a soft call after the departing wizard. "Control? Hmmm."


Evil GM

Aximeus

Letitia smiles and is intrigued by his story as she listens enrapt until the phone call.

"My associate is still in London, I can get him to do a bit of digging into this if you wish? A Geiger counter should be no problem." she gets onto a brick of a mobile. "I'll tell you my story later, it's not too interesting but if we are on the road."

Looking outside there are no cars although "Trip" will lend you one if you require it.


Evil GM

Danny & Kenneth

Balder stands in the kitchen in a shock and a revere, so many things have happened in the last few minutes....

...and yet he still manages to slow time in his abode, whilst letting real-time intrude!

"So you are going to see Sara & then down to London? Or are you sorting things out elsewhere?" he asks concerned. "I'll stay here with my wife as he hunts for me."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Yeah, that's probably the best idea. We should try to get ready to face this guy before he decides to redecorate the city in post-apocalyptic green!" Danny agrees, musing over all of their options with a frown.

"So much to do, so little time! What else is new?!?" He smirks.

"Thanks for your help Mr. Sven. I'm glad I decided not to wait to deliver the message. Sorry." He says, shaking the big man's hand and feeling the urgent necessity to speak with him fading away.

'I wonder. I STILL don't trust a fae as far as Axe can throw one. But,... As much bad news as that letter was,... It's almost like she wanted me to speak with him,... And it's a good thing I did!' Danny muses.

"Don't worry. We have a few friends, and we've decided that this party-crasher needs to go back home. All we need to do is find him!" He tells the burly northerner with his trademark smirk.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth says, "We cannae let the enemy's actions dictate ours, or we'll ne'er win. I think we'll be late meeting the others so we can have a wee spot o' tea with Sara."


Evil GM

Danny & Kenneth

Danny Geas paid gain 1 Fate Point

The tall Scandinavian smiles as his wife enters the room, she comes over to him and hangs onto his arm. "You hid it didn't you, silly." she softly says pinching his arm in playful manner. She looks to the other pair wih a smile.

"Glad to see you, you really should come over to dinner. Bring your ladies? I assume two handsome men like are bound to have them....unless you're together?" she blushes. "I can show you my library."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny and Ken glance swiftly at each other.

Danny sighs wistfully. "Sadly No, he's just NOT my TYPE". The singer says in a deliberate falsetto lisp. "Too many muscles!" He adds in a stage-whisper. He grins like an idiot.

"Your very kind, thank you. If I can clear my crazy-stoopid schedule, that would be great!" He continues in his normal voice.

"But right now, we've got to run. Literally." He says looking at Ken again with a look you rarely see on the usually happy singer. He's worried.

"Thank you again for your hospitality Mr. Sven. The tea was lovely. And thanks for the invitation. Hopefully we'll see you later?" He says, shaking the large man's hand.


Evil GM

She raises her eyebrows and gives her husband a squeeze; "I do like muscles." she coyly comments, whilst furiously blushing.

The mousey lady gives them a muslin wrapped cake 'As a gift of hospitality' and Sven leads the pair to the door. Outside is a large purple mobile library van and the taxi.

Striding boldly over to the cabbie, he hands a bunch of notes by means of a thank you for delivering the message. Then the blond muscular man goes back inside his house.

"Where to?" the cabbie asks as the engine roars into life.

1,651 to 1,700 of 4,293 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.