Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


1,551 to 1,600 of 4,216 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Unless anyone wants to do anything else...

....In the morning, everyone meets up at the Unicorn Bookshop a Neutral territory that you cannot be spied on at.

Xandria the Barrista comes round to your table with a tray full of coffee's and other food & drink as required.

Kenneth:
You have a very enjoyable night, with the enthusiastic and beautiful Laura. In the morning, over breakfast she asks if you could go out again. Bashfully, unlike the night previously, she flicks down her hair across her face.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

One last shot at the pub/music fest,... :)

As the night wears on, and Danny begins to think that maybe this bunch of misfits he's playing with actually may get away without his special brand of 'help' to finish out the evening, He almost misses a verse from tripping over his tongue.

That blond Bunny sure knows how to make an entrance.

Danny manages to finish out the set, (without tripping any more over his tongue, or drooling more than is publicly acceptable), and hastens over to the bar where Bunny is.

'Yeah, I know. I don't need to invite trouble. But what's the point of knowing the twins are gonna kill me if I don't give them a reason, right?' Danny bolsters himself as he slides onto the stool next to Bunny.

"Hello! Long time no see! Glad to see the party did no lasting harm. Crazy night huh?" Danny grins at Bunny.

"Oh, yeah, any chance I can get my jacket back? The one I lent you last night when your dress went a little,... gone?" Danny asks with a smile, glancing at the outfit Bunny is currently wearing. It would have to be 'gone' to reveal what little it leaves to the imagination.

"Not that I mind the loan! Not a bit. It was well worth it. But it was a rental." He adds with a smirk and a wink.


Evil GM

Danny

Her face lights up as she sees the musician, she gives him a tight hug. "♥ Oh, Danny-boy. Good to see you, your music is really nice; I could really dance to that. ♥" she bubbles.

"Coat? You want this?" She starts to shrug off her coat suggestively; "No, a girls coat would look silly on you. Your coat...?" She thinks really hard and you can virtually hear the cogs whirring.

"♥ Oh Andy has it, I left it at his place, he's such a silly. ♥" she shakes her head her voluminous hair bouncing. "♥ I'll just talking him out of hurting the girl and then take him away. You got a number? So that I can call you to pick it up, or we could meet up tomorrow or... no I'm not meant to bring men back to Andies place. ♥" She bounces up and down looking towards the beer garden outside.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe usually wears an overcoat and long sleeve shirts with slacks, but at work, he wears a T shirt and puts on a white apron and hat, giving Dora a first look at Axe's exceptional muscle development, arm, shoulders and back. He hangs his bag on its hook in the kitchen and cooks what is needed and expertly chops and prepares the the veggies and salad things needed later. He has his own set of chef knives, like most chefs, and keeps them in good order; with so much use, they appear a part of him. One might note they are good steel from a German manufacturer long out of business.

Axe enjoys Dora's company, makes her a complimentary salad, then call her a cab when she is ready to go, watching if she wants a hug or such as Axe doesnt know English custom so much, but figures she will let him know.

After work, Axe will head to the Unicorn Bookshop to meet; perhaps he will see an interesting book that he can give Dora as a gift.

Axe will put his duffle bag under the table; get a coffee and greet whoever arrives.


Evil GM

Aximeus

Dora has a great time watching AXimeus work, looking suitably impressed. As the taxi arrives, she puts a hand on his arm; then quickly on tip-toes gives him a peck on the cheek. From the flush on Dora's cheeks this is quite bold from her, she hurries to the vehicle.

The next morning in the book-shop, Aximeus finds a book on Grecian frescoes with lots of pictures that resonate with him. Vaguely his mind drifts into a waking dream as he watches the pictures. The dilapidated plaster, becomes new and shiny in his minds eye and he can virtually smell the spices of the Ancient city. Quickly he comes back into his own time, looking around for the others.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth says gently, Aye, ye daft woman. It would be my honour and pleasure." With that, he gently pushes her hair out of her face to give her a gentle kiss.

He smiles and sighs, then frowns, his light, mischevious tone returning, "Sadly, I cannae miss this morning's meeting, or I'd suggest that you call in sick....", he says as his hand slowly rubs through her hair. He stands with a second sigh, clearly not wanting to step away, before adding with a wink, "Now, you'd best be calling me later, I dinnae care tae be a mark on your bonnie headboard."

Kenneth arrives at the meeting and, in his good mood, agrees to the bizarre drink the barrista suggests before he realizes what he's done. Ach... I cannae say I've ever tried, or wanted tae try, a Scottish Breakfast tea latte. Well, I guess this week is about new experiences... He chuckles slightly at himself, Aye, you've got me laughing, Cait. I blame you for all of this.

He nods at Axe who seems to be lost in a book and shrugs when he cannot get his attention. He sits with his bizarre drink concoction, eyeing it skeptically, A "Scottish Fog", they say... I've made potions werenae as strange..., and finally taking a sip. Well, it tastes better than most of my potions..


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Looking up from his daydream Axe thinks to himself; weird, I must be more tired than I thought, Axe goes to buy the book and get a coffee refill to contemplate later and notices Kenneth afterward sits back down

Good morning Kenneth, Is that a local morning drink?

Axe eyes the drink skeptically, and sips his coffee


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
DSXMachina wrote:

"♥ Oh Andy has it, I left it at his place, he's such a silly. ♥" she shakes her head her voluminous hair bouncing. "♥ I'll just talking him out of hurting the girl and then take him away. You got a number? So that I can call you to pick it up, or we could meet up tomorrow or... no I'm not meant to bring men back to Andies place. ♥" She bounces up and down looking towards the beer garden outside.

Danny Smiles, genuinely amused by the bubbly blonde's antics. He almost misses what she is actually saying, so 'entertaining' is her conversation.

"Yeah. You wouldn't want to bring back a another guy to Andy's place. That would be tacky!" He agrees grinning as if that wouldn't bother him in the least.

"Wait,... what,... 'Hurting the girl'?!?" Danny's own wheels squeal as they finally catch up. "He's not gonna do anything I'm gonna regret, is he?" He asks with a furtive glance of his own at the courtyard. He swings his head around towards the bar entrance door, just in time to see it swing shut behind Axe and his date as they leave.

'Oh, that's not perfect timing or anything!' He mentally grumbles.

"Yeah, tell you want. Here's my number. Why don't you call me and we can meet up and you can give me my jacket back tomorrow. (And anything else you'd like)" He adds almost under his breath with an almost straight face.
"You know, somewhere NOT Andy's place." He grins.

"Until then, please don't let me stop you from talking him out of doing anything rash. I look forward to seeing you again!" He grins, waggling his eyebrows.

Danny watches (with sincere appreciation) as Bunny bounces off to the patio to talk to 'Andy'. He takes a breath, and realizes he can still smell her perfume from the hug. It's a bit, musty. But interesting.

"Oi! Danny! Yew Cumin' er whut?" The drummers' grating voice cuts through both his own mental fog and the buzz of the bar. Danny turns back to the small stage with an 'I got a date and you don't' smirk.

"Now now boys, don't be jealous! It's not MY fault they can't keep their hands off me!" He says smugly. "Let's do this! I got plans!" He waggles his eyebrows suggestively as he picks up his guitar.

Presuming the rest of the evening passes uneventfully,...

The rest of the night flies by. Danny vaguely remembers seeing Bunny's back leaving the bar (not her worst side, assuredly!) with the other guy, so he presumes that potential disaster was avoided. After the final set he did try to talk to the girl that 'Andy' was talking (arguing?) with, but it seems she lit out after Bunny and Andy did. Ah well, with all those tattoos, she wasn't really his type anyway.

Danny finished up, pocketed his cash, remembers making vague promises to both the band and the bar staff about future dates, actually had a couple of drinks, and crashed as soon as he got home to his apartment.

The next morning he rolls over, glares blearily at his alarm clock, then sits up and kicks off his covers in a panic.

"WHEN did they say they wanted to meet this morning?!? Ah man, I've GOT to start writing this stuff down!"

Deciding against panicking, Danny takes a shower to wake up, and heads over to the bookstore. It turns out he's right on time, seeing Axe and Kenneth both at a small table sipping drinks. Danny swings by the barrister and orders a coffee. Then a tea as well. He figures he'll need them both before this day is done.

"Hey Axe, Ken, what's up? Besides the sun, and my blood pressure?" He grins as he joins them.


Evil GM

Danny:
Bunny whsipers; "Andy's a sweetie, it's just the girl broke 'mental Daves' wrist at a party last night and he cannot paint anymore. :( " She looks so sad she appears like she is going to cry. "But it's alright ♥, I'll talk Andy out of it he's a big softy. ♥"
Bunny regains her smile, it seems nothing can keep her down. Also she emotes excellently, she would make an ideal singer.

As she returns escorting the young werewolf man, she nips off and rubbing the drummers head she smiles at Danny. "♥ Laters cutie ♥" before leaving.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Lot of people afraid, but not much to go on. I talked to lot of people, but got no names, places or times so nothin yet to go on other than a strange vision or memory from this book. Hope the others get here soon and we dont spend the morning languishing slowly; would like to get a few hours of shuteye.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth nods at Aximeus as he approaches, "'Tis a frothy milk concoction based on what may have been a pure doss Scottish Breakfast tea... They call it a 'Scottish Fog'. It's milky, sweet, and costs four times as much as the cup of tea I'd intended to order... and still, it's pure doss. I dinnae think it would be, really, so I'm glad for trying something new.... though my sporran may regret it."

He tips the cup to Axe in a salute and takes another sip.

Kenneth chuckles at Danny's joke, and motions with his cup, "The price of breakfast, apparently... Still, tis a work of airt in a cup."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Sounds great. Maybe I'll try it next time." Danny smiles, making small talk until the others all show up. No sense in rehashing what little info he managed to collect if he didn't have too. He's in love with the sound of his own voice enough as it is.


Evil GM

Letitia turns up, her dress-suit looking crisp and smart if a bit light for the spring weather. Surely the warden must be using some 'power' to keep warm. Although looking at her face there is the tell-tale signs of a sleepless night, just to the corners of her eyes. She gets a straight coffee from Xandria and sits down, staring slightly into the distance.

Apart from Jericho, I think that is it. Letitia/I can sum up the courses of action if you wish.


Male Ferromancer

"A hero. A legend." Jericho smiles, though in his mind he thinks, A lot to live up to. "It's good to know he was a good man. And I'm sure you've earned your position Letitia."] Jericho told the lie fairly smoothly. From what he could tell she was a hothead, and he wasn't sure she was really too suited to command, but she was a good girl and he wasn't going to make her sad. "I need to keep looking at this, you can go home if you'd like."

Jericho arrives at the meeting bleary eyed, sitting down in time to hear Kenneth. "I cannot understand half the things he says." He claims, only half joking, before ordering a large blended ice drink. "So... I have information, and since I stayed up the whole damn night to get it you guys are gonna sit down and listen to teacher."


Evil GM

Letitia smiles at the authoritarian, cocky attitude. Talking a sip of her aromatic brew and raising an eyebrow.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny snorts.

"As long as your not like this one history teacher I had."

Danny holds out his hand and moves it slowly from right to left as he speaks slowly and robotically.

"He, spoke, in, a mono, tone, the, entire, hour, and, a, half. He, did, not, change, pitch, tone, or, speed, the, entire, time."

Danny grins. "I left the class and went straight to the drop/add line! Did NOT pass go, did NOT collect $200!" He laughs. Then, seeing that Jericho is staring at him flatly, buries his mirth in his coffee cup.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

I have a friend back in the states; he uses cream to draw trees; animals; designes; even naked ladies in your coffee; charges extra five bucks for it, lol.

Listning to Jericho
me either, reminds me of Mushmouth from Bill Cosby, could be an issue in a tight spot though

Axe sits back to listen, watches the door, windows and and any others who come in casually but intently.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth nods at the Warden as she approaches, "Good morrow, Warden. A pure dead brilliant outfit ye have there."

Kenneth nods at Danny's statement and winks at him before looking up to Jericho and asking, "What? No slides? Can ye at least tell it as an epic? Much more interesting that way..."

He then laughs at Aximeus, "Nae, I wouldnae pay a fiver to see a naked lass in my drink... I much prefer seeing them in my bed and without needing tae be paid."

He turns his smile on the Warden and winks before looking back to Jericho, whispering out of the side of his mouth to Danny, "Can I crib your notes later?"


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny stage-whispers back to Kenneth with turning his head.

"A bag of American Cheetos and they're yours."


Evil GM

Nom, or Nom, or Noms.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

So lay it on us Jericho; what is the situation?


Male Ferromancer

"All right. I had a lot to look into so I started with the simplest thing that I knew I'd find the most lore on. Took me no time at all to find things on the Imperial Dragons, but after sifting through the myths, legends and crap all I could really find was that the original Chinese Emporors were said to have the blood of dragons. Saint George, yeah, the dragonslayer guy, was said to have defeated the draconic aspect of the chinese but... once I did some research his methods sound more like they just sealed it or locked it away. Found several other reports which concur with this theory. Which led me to the key, and the girl." Jericho sips at his frap as his eyes gaze into space. "They called the girl..." Jericho forcibly stops himself. Distancing Language. Remind them... and yourself that she's a person. "Alicia... a key. We asked a key to what. A good question, and once I knew that the dragon's blood was locked away, I thought I knew the answer. So I looked into it. We all know about magical nexuses of power," The ferromancer continued authoritatively, "And these nexuses are usually monitored by people, organizations... etcetera. Like the place Henri planned to use for his ritual." He slipped for a second, suddenly considering if the universe had harmonized to that point, then dismissed it. Too easy... "They can be used as prisons too. To keep things in." Jericho left out the prophecy. Prophecy always caused more trouble than it solves. "If she's a key... those who are after the imprisoned dragon... they'll give anything to get ahold of her." He looked over the group. "Has anyone checked in on her? It's been a tough day. Anyway, I figured next I'd need to know what we were up against. Those tattooed ghouls? Hearth-guard. Bodyguards to the Ghoul Kings. Religious fanatics. Don't expect them to surrender... or have any mercy. They act as... advisers. But they don't work for others. If soemone's happened to get them to themselves," Jericho shook his head. He had been extremely frustrated on information on these creatures and moved forward quickly. "They're nasty, whoever's running this. I think... I think we may be dealing with the Dragon King." Jericho is unsurprised to see his drink is gone. He'd done lectures before, they were thirsty work. "Centuries ago, in the province of Xian, the people locked away a great dragon in a seal. Whoever held this seal was King of Xian able to call forth the dragon to lay waste to their enemies. Near this time, there was the Dragon Emporor. A man who didn't wish to lose his position, not even to Death itself. So he crafted a suit of armor, with his essence inside. Now this cult... they put a young man in the armor and... well... he's gone. And the Emporor... takes his place. During the Boxer Rebellion he found the seal. Was prepared to make the world his with the power of a dragon. But he didn't. My father stopped him." Jericho flushes with a fierce pride. "They brought it here... somewhere. And locked it in a Nexus of power. The Dragon Seal is somewhere in England, in a Nexus of power... and the Dragon Emperor is here to find it, and lay waste to kingdoms."

Jericho spent a few seconds looking around at his friends. "And all that stands in his way is a scared little girl."

"And us."


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

I fought them once I think, long ago...in mainland China, guess it was the Boxer Rebellion. I was wandering there as a very young man; had to get out of the Americas a while; they wiped out many villages; burned them, killed man woman and children even dogs. I protected one village, one village out of many, the village elders were so grateful, the mayor gave me his daughter to wed; I lived their several years, the British put them down, the rebellion; then assasins came; killed her.. my wife, she was here and there; part were missing, I dont know what happened to my kid, they gave the mayor, her father, the Hell of Upside Down sinners...they crucified him upside down in the center of the village; cut him a hundred shallow cuts and put honey on him and set rats to him. You know the Yellow Ribbon that lovers tie around trees; I wore one around my head and killed as many of them as I could find, with some friends for a couple years. Followers of theirs wore the Imperial red ribbon. Strange how the Tongs wear yellow ribbons and Chan Shings the red ribbon. Then the Japanese attacked and everything went to hell in a handbag and I started working for the Flying Tigers, American Mercenaries flying P-40's before America got in the war. China had died in my heart with the death of my young wife and her father and I left the Orient for Afrika. There was much talk among the elders like you are saying now, so hear me, these guys are ruthless in the extreme, they make Jihad look like a childs temper tantrum.

[b] so where is this girl, I will protect her if it can be done, you have my pledge on it unless you have someone better. I am not as strong as I once was, but I will do what I can. In Aphrodites name I will do it for love of my lost wife, and if they take her from me not even death will stop my vengence, by Ares name I will visit on them the Hell of 10,000 cuts of the Lost Warrior and maybe Phobos and Diemos will laugh at my side. Mother help me but I say it true./b]

during his tense story, Axe crushes his coffee cup, hot coffee flowing over his hand; he doesnt even notice lost in the past; aftward he wonders if it was this book; its images, that brought this on

Warrior Code; protect the weak and a few others

Axe gets out his sheild; looking over the images; looks for the image of beasts/monsters attacking some people, the image for distroyers of civilization and lets his mind wander.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Despite his earlier jokes, Kenneth listens intently to Jericho, with a bitter taste building in his mouth that even the sweetness of his tea latte cannot stop. Upon Jericho's final pronouncement, Kenneth whispers, "Buggershite."

He shakes his head as the implications of Jericho's statements sink in, not knowing where to begin, then settling on the first priority...We must protect that wee lassie...

He speaks again, his"The manse has a fair threshold, and I did add a wee bit of warding, but it would have faded with the sunrise. Maybe we should start by relocating ourselves and our meeting place? I'd feel better knowing the wee bairn is still tucked in safe. We cannae win the battle if we're always on the defense, but we cannae afford to lose Alicia - both for the innocence she represents, and her value to them. If your theories be true, they cannae unlock their power without her, and I dinnae think they're willing tae give up and go back tae China, much as we'd like them to."


Evil GM

Alicia is with Trip, she will be safe there as long as you wish. (Or if not you will be called and try to stop any kidnap attempt). If you want you can take her with you, but no-one should feel obligated to do nothing to protect her.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
Kenneth Evander Finley wrote:

"Buggershite."

"Couldn't have said it better myself." Danny agrees quietly, his now-cold coffee long forgotten.

"Well, you found out a lot of details about the past. I found a couple of leads to the present." Danny whispers urgently, leaning forward eagerly.

"I think you may be onto something with this 'return of the dragon' thing. Scuttlebutt around town is that a couple of weeks ago some big-shot underground player came to town. Really spooked the local Asian community. A LOT." Danny turns thoughtful, and sips from his now cool tea cup, ignoring the coffee.

"Wait a minute,..." He mutters, drawing lines in the air with his fingers, as if connecting dots.

"Got it! You said these 'Uber-Ghouls' don't work for anybody? What if they were convinced? Paid for by say, an act of destruction on their biggest enemies?" Danny looks positively elated now.

"Two days ago, a nest of Little Lord Fauntleroy was destroyed. Big time. As in Big Explosion. Killed a lot of people, apparently immigrants who were promised a better life here and then ended up in the Vampires buffet line. But it killed a lot of vamps as well. And then the next day, these tattooed ghouls are working with the guy in the dragon-suit? Too coincidental."

"What if the destruction of the nest was a payoff to the ghouls to gain their assistance? You said they were advisors? Well, if I was a new dragon-emperor-king looking for the 'Amulet of Ultmate Dragon-ness', I'D want advisors!" Danny says excitedly. "It makes sense!"

"On a side note, there are a couple of other things. Apparently the 'Heavenly Choir'," Danny actually makes quotation marks in the air with his fingers. "Has a representative in town. Seems we should probably avoid becoming involved with him. Her. It. Whatever. Probably a stickler for the rules, and I have a feeling we might be bending a few." He adds with a smirk.

"Also, what I found interesting was that the group in charge of the crashed party had a last-minute change of sponsors. Seems that your Old-Fuddy-Duddy-Buddies took over at the very last minute. And everyone wasn't happy about it. There was apparently much yelling involved in the executive offices of the museum. Makes suspicious people like me wonder." He purses his lips.

"And, that's all I found. Sorry. But it jives with what you found Jericho." He sighs.

"I don't know how many times I have to say this. I am most emphatically NOT a warrior. But,... (and I can NOT believe I'm saying this!) I agree with you guys. Whatever they want Alicia for, even if it doesn't harm her directly, it can't be good. And since we're the only ones who seem to know that she's in danger, I guess it's up too us to protect her. If I can help, I will." He says resignedly.

Danny takes another sip of his tea.

"Waait a minute,... We AREN'T the only ones who know about her! She was handed over to you by Becca, the black vamp, right? So how did SHE find out and get involved in all this?!?"

"Hm. Nevermind. I'm not sure I want to know. The last thing I really want to do is talk to someone who views me as a light snack!"

'And risk her figuring out that I'M the one who verbally b!t@#-slapped her over the phone! No Thanks!'


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

I just hit things; this is to big for my brain


Male Ferromancer

"Buggershite indeed." Jericho says in deadpan. "So they used the ability to destroy the vampires... to..." He trails off, then suddenly snaps. "No... NO! That's not it! Becca told me where she found Alicia! S$!#! We have to go, now!" He threw his coat over his shoulders and started moving quickly toward the coffeeshop door, forgetting to pay for his drink. "Alicia was the only survivor of the attack on the Vamps! The vampires were selling her out! The emporor used this feud for himself. Which means either the vampires know where she is.." Jericho slams his car into gear, hoping the others followed. "Or the Dragon Emperor does."

Hoping this isn't too much of a jump, just seemed... dramatically appropriate.


Evil GM

As Jericho rushes into his car and it starts to move forward, Letitia jumps into the passenger seat next to him; "Don't worry, I have my emotions under control. I won't hex the car sub-consciously." She flicks some hair out of her eyes, looking into the distance.

Anyone else will be able to catch up with Jericho...or at least within a few minutes of it.

As Jericho's car races through the ancient streets and down the narrow British lanes, he is surely glad to have a right hand drive car. The trees that line the road flash past and his wheels throw rooster-tails of water as it speeds through the wet paths.

Approaching, Trips manor house Jericho slows down his smooth driving style he notices a convertible car the top down. A red Porsche 911, inside there seems to be a woman with a crop of vivid scarlet hair watching the house. The license plate is a custom one.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe throws some cash on the table for his and Jerich'os drink and tip as he would never stiff a waite person; then grabs his bag and rushes behind Jericho.

-----
Is the custom liscense funny?


Evil GM

The license on the car reads as follows 5AR 1YA


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe considers the liscense plate.... I dont get it....so; Jericho; what is our plan here?

Axe puts on his armor on the drive over; then his overcoat on top


Evil GM

People are...?


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

If we are stopped; guess I will go out, strap on my shield and walk over to the convertable and find out whats up; advance at the angle outside of the mirror; then stand next to the door; about 4 ft away.

nice view; depending

see the red heads reaction.


Evil GM

The woman seems to be staring into a mirror placed on the passenger seat; from your position it appears not to be reflecting the sky but there is a pale vista of clouds and the faint vision of a person. It quickly dissipates as her concentration breaks.

She turns her head, bowed red lips in a warm smile. "Yes, it's better now Mr. Handsome and Muscular!" Her bright crimson hair is obviously dyed and she appears to be a vampy human. Leaning one arm out of the window and the other on the wheel, she smiles enigmatically.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

as a matter of security; I am wondering what you are doing out here so enigmatically. I am more the soft touch; those others <nods> they are more shoot first and ask questions later. Still, I find it uncommon for a person to be using a mirror to watch distant locations while sitting in a car in front of a protected manor with trigger happy and very excitable guardians. Mind telling me why your here without ruining my perfectly good morning with some unbelievably elaborate epic? And thank you for the compliment

Axe is hoping the others are watching; he is suspicious and prepared for excessive violence; but is trying to appear as a tired guard going through routine. He looks at the womans throat not desiring to catch her eyes at this juncture and also looks to see if she has any or there are any obvious weapons in the car. If she tries to speed off; his plan is to slash the car's rear tire as it moves by. Tactically, he thinks this is either a spotter or heavy hitter that is backup for some activity, such as a kidnapping, that is happening inside, but there is an off chance, slim, that she is a proper connection to Trips manor house.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny blinks as Jeicho curses and runs out the door. He looks at Axe, and Kenneth. You can almost smell the smoke as his mind tries to catch up to whatever Jericho was talking abou,...

"Oh. Cr@ponacookie!"

Danny throws his own bills towards the table, not even paying attention to if the actually land on the table or not. He grabs his leather jacket and his guitar case and runs out the door, ignoring the disdainful looks given him by the few morning book browsers.

Jericho is already starting his car, the wizard Letitia sliding into the passenger seat next to him. Danny bangs on the trunk until Jericho pops it ans he tosses his guitar inside and slams it shut, jumping into the backseat next to Axe. Is there room for Kenneth? Or does he have his own ride? I presume the 'Dragon' has his own transport? (was he even at the meeting?)

Danny staggers a teeny bit as they get out at the Dragon's abode. He's fairly certain he left his stomach back at the first turn, and it hasn't caught up yet. Danny retrieves his guitar as Axe steps over to the car and the redhead inside. His stomach promising not to revolt any more, (At least not anytime soon.) he frowns slightly at the realization that there are no other cars parked on the street. Not in this neighborhood.

"Handsome? Sure, I guess he's alright. If you go for all that rippling muscles and granite chin, and such." Danny says cheerfully as he steps up next to Axe. Like the warrior, he stops just shy of what he hopes is a possible danger zone.

"But don't let that stoic physique and farm-boy facade fool you. He's really a nice guy. On the other hand, if your looking for a scintillating conversation, I'm your man!" He adds with a broad wink.

Danny looks at the car, then down the street both ways.

"IS everything alright? Car trouble? Lost? We're the neighborhood watch. We're here to help!" Danny says with a grin.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

ARggh! I posted without refreshing the thread first! I completely missed Axe's last post! :( Two guys, two completely different approaches! ;)


Evil GM

Grillian 'the Dragon' was not at the meeting, if he comes back he can pop into the thread. But I am not going to run too many DMPC's, without request. Kenneth can easily follow.

The lady looks from one to the other, her lips bowing into a too warm smile. "Neighbourhood watch? That's very responsible of you, are there just the 5 of you?" Her tone of voice can best be described as sultry.

"Moi, I am lost." she virtually flutters her eye-lashes in a practised manner. "Are you men any good with maps? This is?" she points to Trips house as she gets the map from the glove compartment and spreads it over her lap.

"Oh, the mirror it's just to check my make-up." she lies smoothly.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

As his companions sprint from the place, Kenneth watches the reaction of the other patrons. He calmly stands and winks at the barristas, "We just heard got the call o' an emergency. It wasnae the coffee, dinnae fear."

He adds to the growing pile of bills on the table and heads out, watching people tear out in their cars, Aye, let's not even wait a moment tae think...

He shakes his head as he swings onto his motorcycle, Good thing I didna walk..., and follows them.

As he approaches the estate, Kenneth holds back as Danny and Axe fawn over the lovely red-headed creature, last night's activities protecting him from the the normal near-genetic fascination such women normally have over him... At least when it's nae from a bottle, and comes with pale skin, freckles and a temper.. He shakes himself, breaking the spell he almost fell into a second time. I dinnae like it.... She's too easy tae see, and too easy on the eyes.... Mayhap she's a diversion?

With that thought, he begins scanning the area, trying to figure out who else may be watching this little scene.


Evil GM

To one window of Trips manor he can see a small face looking out unstaring. Alicia looks from the top floor upon the scene, her stillness strange in one so young.


Evil GM

Elsewhere the small village is still, slight puddles beside the road shimmer in the breeze. The ivy covered stone wall surrounding the manor set back from the road feels ominous to the sensitive, wards and generations of Langdon inhabitants seem to loom from the imposing structure.

Looking down the street, the village is composed of a single row of stone buildings each with there own front garden. A half dozen vehicles are parked half on the path, having no garages to be placed inside. None of the cars are occupied, although there is a fishmongers vehicle, with its side-door open and a ruddy faced man inside.

Overhead the white clouds hold streaks of grey, the promise of rain doesn't let up.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny arches an eyebrow, obviously enjoying the interchange.

"Oh? Why? Do you normally have car trouble it takes a half dozen or more people to fix? I think you should probably change mechanics." He suggests jovially.

"Oh that?" He waves off the lady's pointing at Trip's house as inconsequential.

"They don't get out much. ALmost everyone else in town is very friendly though! Be careful, if you ask directions from the wrong people, they'll invite you in for tea and you won't escape for a week!" He laughs, stepping forward to look at the map, and actually glancing at the woman and in the car itself,...

Perception:
4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 3) - 8 + 1 = 2

"Make up? Surely such beauty shouldn't be covered with mere cosmetics!"
Danny flatters just as smoothly,...


Evil GM

The car appears very regularly maintained; the glove box in ajar and there seems to be a photo of a house (maybe Trips?) and a small wedge of money with a slip of paper.

The mirror is too ornate and large to be just a make-up mirror.

Lore Roll 3:
Yes, this is a scrying mirror. The sigils appear to be powered by magic, but probably personal magic. The script does imply a human sorceror.

"Oh darling, kind of you to say." she leans over the door looking up at Danny. "Oh, I would hate to be coralled by some old biddy. Although by you two gentleman might be a different matter." she smiles.

The looking idly at Trip's house; "Oh shut-ins. A pity it looks such a nice manor, it would have been interesting place to visit."

Aximeus/Danny:


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Lore roll: 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 1 = 2

"Nice mirror. Fancy. Hey, this is a nice car!"

Danny exclaims with a grin, running his hand along the top of the car.

"I don't see a lot of this model running around. Especially with custom plates. But it must be popular. I swear I've seen one almost just like it before." He says straight-faced.

"Yeah, it's a nice old house I suppose. But if your looking for good ones to visit, I have some suggestions." And Danny quickly rattles off the locations of a few old houses (some almost castles in their own right) that he visited when he first arrived to take in the local culture.

"I actually saw a ghost at that last one myself! Well, I THINK i saw one anyway. No way to prove it now, is there?" He grins.


Evil GM

"Oh Castle Howard, yes that is a very nice place. Ghosts?" she shakes her head. "No, I am sure there isn't any way to prove it."

Deceit 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 3

"This car is unique like me." she says pouting. "Sariya Knight, by the way." She watches Danny touch her car with some maternal pride.


Male Ferromancer

4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 2

What the hell is that mirror for? Jericho wonders, noticing it doesn't aim correctly towards the house for Ms. Knight to be able to see inside. Jericho nods at Ax and Danny, assuming they have the situation in hand, and heads toward the house. "Hello," He greets the maid cheerily, "Just here to see Alicia, give me a moment, I know where she is." He waits politely to be allowed in, making sure to keep his power with him as he does, then sees the little girl.


Evil GM

"Greetings Mr. Jericho and felicitations to you." comes a small voice as Alicia walks down the stairs one hand out stretched to the banister. The maid nods and lets Jericho inside.

Alicia's wearing a little floral dress she holds out her arms to have you pick her up. Looking through thick eyelashes, her chocolate puppy-dog eyes hold a genuine happiness at seeing the Iron Knight. "Hug?"


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
DSXMachina wrote:

"This car is unique like me." she says pouting. "Sariya Knight, by the way." She watches Danny touch her car with some maternal pride.

"Yes. Yes you are." Danny replies with an enigmatic smile.

'And I HAVE seen you before! Gotcha sucker!'

"And I'm Stan. The pleasure is all mine." Danny says.

"Well! Seeing as your not the damsel in distress I was looking for, I suppose I should let you go. I wouldn't want to take up your sightseeing time!" Danny grins.


Evil GM

"Of course not, Mr Laurel." she blows Danny a kiss as the engine starts up, a throaty purr that'll match its owner.

"You're friend went inside, visiting the shut-ins" she shouts as the car roars away down the thin road ripping off a wing-mirror of a nearby car along it's way. Her red hair whipping out behind her, a scarlet streamer.

1,551 to 1,600 of 4,216 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.