Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


1,451 to 1,500 of 4,253 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny shudders, visions of actually meeting Becca playing through his vivid imagination. The mental video doesn't end well. He plays it again, twice, with no discernible improvement.

"Nope. I'm good. Thanks anyway!" He says briskly.

"Um,... anyone mind dropping me off? The public transport here is fine and all, but I'm still spoiled from having my own car not long ago. Public just takes,... time." He shrugs.

Hm, if I deliver the letter, that will probably take up all my time before the gig. Guess I could ask around AFTER words. I was going to ask a (not yet invented) contact I had made in York, and then I was going to try the Bookstore owner, see if she could help me.

<Sigh> Danny is going to deliver the letter. As much as he would love to see the girls again, he would love to get this nagging voice out of his head even more! ;)

"Hey Axe! Can I get a lift to the station? I need to catch a train ride, run an errand, find a bloke, yadda yadda,... Thanks!" Danny says all in one breath as he shoulders his unusually shaped guitar case.


Evil GM

Danny - Feel free to ask around, the letter was just an extra thing, but it's fine to be delayed.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Cool. I know the geas is important, but this feels like a 'we need to find this guy fast' moment. Besides, I kind of like Danny juggling more things on his plate than he planned on! (Kinda like my RL!) ;P

After Danny is dropped of by Axe, he looks at the train/bus schedule. He winces when his eyes glance over a ride heading out of town.

'Bugger that. You can wait. Just a little more, aright? I'll deliver it, I promise!'

He decides to see if the girls are free for lunch. On the way he plans to make one stop at a pawn shop he frequents for guitar parts. The owner also happens to be 'clued in'. Danny's not sure if he's a fae, or a minor practitioner of some sort, but he's like magic at getting old-@$$ stuff to work again. Long enough to sell it again anyway. He also hears a lot of talk, And he doesn't mind gossiping with Danny, for a little extra on those guitar strings of course.

On the way to the gig, it's not TOO far off the track to swing back by the bookstore and talk to his new acquaintance(s). If anyone might know what's going on, the 'Coven Family' will. He hopes.

What he really hopes is that neither the Pawn shop or witches want to charge too much for whatever they knew. Danny spent the last of his bankroll getting his 'battle axe' finished. That's why he couldn't afford to miss this gig tonight. He pats his oddly-shaped guitar case fondly, then stomps his foot.

"Dangit, gotta go back and get my regular guitar! Can't show up with this thing!" He mutters, quickly loking at the schedule and calculating whether to run and grab his acoustic before, or after he met the girls,...

"Silly me," He murmurs, hitting the speed dial on his phone.

"If the girls are free, they can pick me up!"

"Heh, I wish!" He adds as the phone rings,... "I should be so lucky,... Hey MiniLin! What's up!? What do you mean 'who is this'?!? After all we've been through? Aw come on, last night wasn't THAT bad! I mean, seriously, we've seen worse! And you have to admit, A night out with me is never boring!" he grins as he hops on a bus,...

To be continued, I have to work now!:)


Evil GM

Darn that stupid 'making money'

The pawn shop owner looks to be a short man with a hooked nose, probably some sort of Wagnerian dwarf or gnome. Though he tends to be close-lipped about his past.


Male Ferromancer

Jericho offered his arm gallantly to Letitia and motioned toward the door. "I suppose we could go see some bloodsuckers, would Milady like to accompany York's Iron Knight?" Jericho smiles, obviously going for lightheartedly charming and landing somewhere more around weirdly creepy but unassuming. Let's just hope my Jeep can take a full wizard in the passenger seat... bet the radio needs repairs after this. Or Gods forbid, the heater.


Evil GM

She smiles enigmatically and takes him arm; "The honour would be mine. Good to see there are a few gentlemen still left. I believe at this time he might be at either his Antique shop in 'the Shambles' or at a 'Gentleman's Club' over near the river."


Male Ferromancer

"Let's check the shop first. I'd prefer not to have to meet a vampire in a strip club." Jericho quickly heads out to his car after making certain he had the meeting time memorized. "Assuming of course that I can find it without getting torn to pieces." Jericho fires up the jeep and heads toward 'the Shambles'.


Evil GM

The car ride is quick and smooth as the travel in the afternoon's failing light over to the city centre. The narrow twisting street of The Shambles with the Tudor frontage and the overhanging shop-fronts. In the windows appears many items, their expensive prices specifically for tourists and small road not fit for more traffic than a single horse thought it is now filled with flash bulbs and foreigners.

As they pair walk amongst the crowd the approach a small shop, the ancient beams and fascade seem to hold the weight of ages. Jericho can slowly sense a sort of supernatural pull of the oak - like a minor comfort that metal gives him. Letitia looks across at him a softness in her eyes that he never thought he would see in a wizard let alone a warden.

The car journey had held some tension as she sat precisely in the car. (If there's anything you wish to add feel free.)

Entering the shop, there are only a few antiques on show, however many books and photographs litter the wall carefully. A large man stands behind a darkwood counter, seemingly as solid as the wood. "Knight, what are you here for?"


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
DSXMachina wrote:
Darn that stupid 'making money'

TELL me about it! worse, Darn stupid Salary positions! ;P

DSXMachina wrote:
The pawn shop owner looks to be a short man with a hooked nose, probably some sort of Wagnerian dwarf or gnome. Though he tends to be close-lipped about his past.

Awesome!

Danny takes a (relatively) short bus ride to the pawn shop, during which he finds that the girls are free for lunch, but not until they finish with 'family' lunch with daddy. So they agree to make it a late lunch. Danny hops off the bus and strides into the pawn shop, wincing at the unusually sharp tinkling sound the bell above the door makes.

'If that thing's not enchanted I'll eat my favorite guitar. Strings and all!' He declares silently. He turns on favorite beaming smile when the pawn shops' owner pops into sight behind the counter.

"Heya Mac! Howzit goin'?" Danny says cheerfully, looking towards the musical instruments section out of habit to see if anything new is there.

'Mac' responds with a grunt. Which could stand for anything from 'Fine' to 'Get off my lawn you stupid kids'. Danny decides to presume it's the former. Mac takes a while to warm up, but when he does, well, you just hope it's about a subject your actually interested in. Because he's not going to stop talking about it for a while.

"Good! Nice day huh? I just stopped by for a quick look, see if you picked up anything new. And to pick up a new packet of strings."

At that last statement 'Mac' gives Danny a sharp look. "Going through them a bit quicker than usual, aren't you?" He asks keenly, not even pretending to be subtle, as he might if there were any other customers in the shop.

Danny shrugs. "Well, you know, I've got a gig tonight. And I thought I'd try this 'be prepared' thing everyone keeps talking about. Figured it might be nice to have strings on hand BEFORE I need them. For a change." He grins.

'Mac' Grunts again. He slaps a paper packet of guitar strings on the counter. "What is it you really wanted Danny-boy?"

Danny places a hand on his heart. "YOu hurt me Mac! You know how much I love to our conversations! Can't a guy just want to say 'hi' and talk to his friend?"

Mac grunts. Again. This time there is little chance of mistaking what it meant.

"Granted, our conversations usually end up costing me extra. But I look at it as quality over quantity!" Danny continues cheerfully.

"You heard about the party-crasher at the university last night? Of course you have. Well, I have people asking me questions, and I don't have a clue what to tell them. You know the lovely position I'm stuck in. Hot and cold running fae, and me in the middle without a mop! Please tell me you know SOMEthing? Because 'Vanna, I'd like to buy a clue!' " Danny grins charmingly.

Empathy/Rapport: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 2 = 2


Evil GM

'Mac' bustles a bit deliberately moving his hand up to scratch at his head; "So what is it you wanted to know?" he asks cautiously his nose twitches slightly as if sensing the opportunity.

And them just to dangle a carrot out front; "About the last minute change of sponsors?"


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny tried to hide his sigh. 'Mac' definitely got out more than He did. (Which was sad) And he knew something. (Which was good!) And to top it off he knew it worth something. (Which was bad. For Danny's pocketbook.)

Danny grinned.

"So, you DO get around my friend! I need to hang with you more often!" Danny says cheerily.

"Yes. I need to know about the 'new sponsor'. ANYthing would be preferable to what I know right now. Which is diddly." Danny says, still smiling. After a moment his smile fades.

"Come on Mac. This guy and a bunch of goons crashed the party like a freight train. Some girlfriends of mine were there. They could have been hurt. Or worse. I could care less about property damage or art theft, he tried to hurt my friends. Who is this guy? What's with that funky armor? And if he has THAT, what is he doing with a bunch of street thugs as muscle? What does he WANT?!?"

Empathy/Rapport 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 2) - 8 + 2 = 4


Evil GM

Mac scratches his head and then slowly places his hand upon the table; face down over where he placed the strings. "You know me, I ain't one to take advantage ...too much. All I heard was that he was looking for someone. Someone important, not too sure whom. The thugs I heard were some Triads out of Leeds I believe."

"You know, that's just what I heard. Some guys have arranged to come from overseas, a few weeks back, shook up the local scene but it was done on the quiet." The man picks up a watch and breaks it open, starting to fiddle with it and fix the mechanism.

"What is the other thing; the ROAB suddenly became the sponsors for the Ball. It was meant to be a Leukaemia Research fundraiser, but it suddenly changed. I heard from the band that was cancelled that there were quite a few harsh words in the upper echelons of the University Hierarchy."


Male Ferromancer

Jericho is calm and respectful as he enters the shop, and looks around to ensure that there are no other people in the shop, hoping no other civilians or vampires are around. "Good Afternoon Silas." Jericho greets calmly and smoothly, hoping to be diplomatic about it. "Is Lord Lawrence in today?"


Evil GM

He leans forward and looks out, down the street through the window. Outside dusk has fallen. "I believe he should be up, and may even see visitors. A gift?" his eyes flick to the warden, as Silas hard voice is filled with a gruff malice.

Flipping the counter-top, he stands, beckoning the pair to come through past it to the back rooms. His body will be so close as you pass you could feel his breath...


Male Ferromancer

Jericho's hand tightens on Letitia's forearm before she can move too far past him. "I'm afraid Lord Lawrence would find her far too tough for his taste. Believe me, he'd rather easier prey." Jericho steps past, his face not the slightest bit back from the vampire's and he's ready for violence within a quarter second if the vampire moves, though he still doubts he could move before the superhumanly quick vampire. "Perhaps you should step back for the lady..." He says, his tone making it clear it's not a request.


Evil GM

The man moves not an inch as Jericho walks past, as still as the grave. However at the Protectors insistence he takes a step back and reveals the back room area. It seems that Lord Lawrence engenders great loyalty amongst his servants. He leads the pair to a waiting room, a lavishly furnished room though not immense it is comfortable and lit by old fashioned gas-lights.

Silas turns to the door, "Drinks are there, if you want 'em. We wouldn't harm our guests." He says, though his tone is cold it seems he tells the truth. With a nod to the decanters of various drinks he leaves the room.

A few moments pass...


Evil GM

As he enters the room Silas drops to his knees with a loud crack, his bow formal and heart-felt. "Lord Protector, may I present Lord Lawrence Hughes-Smythe, Lord Ruler of York, The Beautious, The Virtuous, Survivor of the Battle of Inkerman. Hero of the Battle of Arcis-Sur-Aube" Silas' voice has slid from the gruff tones of earlier to an ecstatic crush of a school-girl.

Gracefully Lord Lawrence moves across the floor towards the Pair. His pale-blond hair coiffed to a precise style sits upon his brow that he raises seeing the sorcerous pair. His piercing blue eyes draw your vision until you remember stories about them captivating the minds of humans. His clothes cut from the best cloth, seem slightly out-dated; but hold a charm of their own.

He takes a seat; "So you break into my establishments declare your authority and now seek an audience at my workplace? Bold knight." his clipped tones resonate breeding.


Evil GM

Kenneth

As the evening nears you go to the pub where you arranged to meet with Det. Laura. The House of Trembling Madness is a small cosy pub, busy as the single room is almost full. Probably why it was chosen to get there earlier, upon one wall amidst the Tudor beams is an array of animal heads.

The warm cosy atmosphere is a startling change to the nippy air outside. After a few minutes waiting, Laura enters. She spots you immediately, her face lighting up she makes her way through the tables towards Kenneth. The bat-sleeved shirt, shows off enough whilst still retaining modesty. Laura brushes her bangs from her eyes, there is small creases of apprehension there as she says "Hello, you're looking nice." and sits down beside you.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe waits around at the meeting which in his mind seems to amount to nothing; drops Danny off at the train station; then walks around this cities version of Chinatown talking to street people and vendors to get a feel of things; then tries to talk to the detective he knows and see what the police think about the museaum, then heads to work and chats up the people at the pub and gets a good sleep. In the late morning, he will take his duffle bag and go to the woods or a park and meditate and commune and do some martial forms for a workout. Eat lunch around One-ish and call some of his military contacts to see if anyone has a "something big is out there" vibe; then call Danny around 3 and see if anything is up.

If nothing is up; he will go by the necromancers art gallery and go to that eatery accross the street and see if anything has been happening; then to the museum to take a look; then to the place where we got side tracked by the kobold and scout around a bit, then late evening go to work, taking my duffle bag and keep it under the counter.


Evil GM

Aximeus

  • Military Contacts - They don't know too much at the moment, though they will look into it. The only rumour they had heard was that certain (terrorist) organisations might be bringing something into the country although that's down south.
  • Chinatown is just a few shops scattered around the town; a grocery store here, a take-away shop there. Mostly it's very integrated, though there are a few shops and public houses that cater exclusively to the Oriental peoples. There are quite a few around the University which has a percentage of overseas students. Asking around, you find that there is a slight undercurrent of apprehension not at your questions, but as if there is someone powerful in town stirring up feelings. The most interesting man you come across is a pawn-broker or owner of a knick-knack shop. Yueng Kar Lan, an older man with a long moustashe, he is the man you saw talking to the young student with the game last night before the attack. He has a knowing look in his eye but denies knowing much. 'A man may know all but what use is it without wisdom?'
  • Detective Ramsbottom of the ROAB & York Constabulary - after making some speculative inquiries, the detective is very ameniable and meets you for an afternoon run down by the river. He explains that they came upon the museum, well not him but a pair of Detectives Paul Over & Peter Out, they found the man upon the floor gibbering madly. He is a curator at the train museum and an avid train-spotter and 'gamer' this probably drove him mad. There are a few things that he cannot explain, Ramsbottom says that he has covered them up but suspects the supernatural was involved. The door was blown off & one of the train carriages was used to create a coffin. When they opened it up, it revealed a 'sculpture of a goblin made out of ash', if anyone touched it , it's bound to fall apart.
  • Gallery - The cafe worker, Brian is glad to see you. Offering you free drinks and a gossip; the food, drink, atmosphere has all improved significantly. In his early 20's Brian is very friendly and in a lull in the afternoon rush, tells you of the excitement of what happened at he gallery. Police raided it, then there was an explosion upstairs, a few coppers were seriously injured. Brian is rather dismissive of the police, they broke into a booby trapped safe or something? Blew up in their faces.
    Next night I did see some blue-haired woman, enter with a slow-moving bloke 'could have been Henri' they left a bit later. The 'old lass' receptionist, she's trying to keep it going since Henri's disappearance.


  • Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

    Kenneth smiles and says, "Ach, now you've gone and done it. Ye ken that it's the man's job tae compliment the lass, especially when she's as bonnie as you be. Now I dinnae ken what tae dae... I shouldhae brought the handbook."

    He winks as he finishes and says, "You'll at least let me still buy you a drink, I hope?"


    Evil GM

    Laura's eyes sparkle with a discerning intellect as the Heralds words whilst her cheeks flush slightly "Certainly but sometimes that implies the womans' role is to sit back and simper."

    Looking over the man subtly; "I prefer to be more active, and you certainly won't find me in any book." she jokes; "A pear cider, would be good?"


    Male Ferromancer

    "Lord Lawrence."[b] Jericho bows his head exactly enough not to seem disrespectful, while still keeping wary. [b]"Can the knight of an enemy kingdomnot seek knowledge with his foe? Whatever attacked the ball last night attempted to hurt your people as well as mine. I seem to recall the lovely Becca being struck by a ghoul, whom she promptly ripped apart. A very powerful woman that." Jericho smiles as he takes a bit of brandy from Lord Lawrence's decanter. "Furthermore, those ghouls and that bastard in the armor are muscling in on your territory." After an appreciative sip he continues. "Right now I'm keeping you from taking all the people you like, and that angers you. But one day you intend to kill me, or have me killed, and things will go back to how they were."

    "Or... you allow a new factor onto the field, he robs you of your revenge, of the territory you spent centuries taking control of, and makes you look a fool by doing what you couldn't... defying me and continuing to be fine." Jericho tips his glass to Lawrence in a toasting gesture. "So your options are to allow that.... or help me know what I'm dealing with, so that I can destroy it, and you can kill me when you're ready." Jericho waits calmly for his answer.


    Evil GM

    Jericho

    "Interesting approach old boy, appealling to my vanity whilst insulting me." the cultured tone slips easily from his tongue"Yes, when the time is right I will tear you apart and your girlie too. Although, she looks good for a tumble first." He waves his hand dismissively.

    His face darkens, "Unfortunately, you forget your place. You are in my stronghold, demanding information from me. I only let you live as a courtesy and so that you can do my bidding. Bringing me toys like Henri." his tone is trying to be agrivating, to provoke Jericho into something rash.

    "Yes, since I am the Lord of York. Of course I know something. An emissary went to the 'King' of Ghouls recently. After some sort of closed meeting the ghouls were persuaded to give aid with their religious cast. Thus some of them vanished with the emissary, a tatooed Chinese fellow."

    Lawrence smiles revealing a hint of tooth; "Ah, yes the livacious Becca, I take it she gave you the brat and told you about the attack?"


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    To recipricate to the detective
    I heard about the ash thing you call a goblin; if it was the same one is missing part of its tail that is, hard a grey cloaked silver sword guy did it; that makes it Wizard Council buisiness so mums the word, it was overheard that the goblin thingy admitted to the warden that it was responsible for lot of murders over the last decade and black magic and such, the goblin thingy was torturing the fat man the way I heard it and the wardens put a stop to it.

    I was at this museum when the dragon armor guy attacked, that one has me concerned about long term implications, thing were said, I am thinking this guy is looking for some ancient Chinese items of power that England may have appropriated; Dragon Armor guy was double tuff, I would take that threat seriously; could shift world status quo. He seemed quite sure about it. If you think to face him; call me, he uses ghouls for muscle and has extraordinary resources; it wasn't explosives that took that ceiling off, no smell of cordite or various explosive gels like C-4 or plastik, no thermal wave.

    to Yueng Kar Lan
    so true honored one, when one acts, the reprecusions are difficult to calculate. I would not be the drop of water that breaks the damn, but I see bubbles and swirls in the water of deep movement, for good or ill I cannot say, but if the damn is leaking; I will try to hold back the dark waters until the people are safe, Wisdom may elude me, but my goal is to safeguard the people. I do not resent guidance, have you wisdom to share?

    I call Danny and give him and update and tell him I want to follow up on the Henri caper and off the receptionist a coffee date.


    Evil GM

    Aximeus

    Detective Ramsbottom - He nods his head as you discuss it over the post-run drink. The Greek/Romanic man, bonds with the cop as only a hero of the people can. Ramsbottom, says 'bloody wizards', he seems to respect them but there is a friendly rivalry. Especially since before Jericho there were few real practitioners (only the pagan witches @ Evil Eye).
    He assures Aximeus that they will act will all seriousness and even share his information (once he talks to his superiors).

    Yeung Kar Lan - The old man smiles his face bursts into a mass of creases; "You speak of Tai-Chi. I will share some of what I have heard; the people are scared. The First Emperor has come to these shores, he has done a deal with the natives. He wishes revenge on those that thwarted his last attempt to reclaim his old form. That of the great dragon." he holds up a hand "Who the natives are, I know not. Only that they are a group with power."

    The receptionist will be delighted to have dinner, after work.


    Evil GM

    All

    We haven't seen DreamAtelier/Grillian around for a bit? Anyway Grillian said he would tell you all of his vision (the Chinese Dragonman vision) from during the Valentine Days Ball fight.


    Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
    DSXMachina wrote:
    Mac scratches his head and then slowly places his hand upon the table; face down over where he placed the strings. [b]"You know me, I ain't one to take advantage ...too much. All I heard was ,...

    Danny nods thoughtfully, repressing his usual inclination to think and ask questions out loud. He slips the last of his large bills onto the counter, more than double enough to cover the cost of the strings, and pick up the package. He waves it at 'Mac' and tucks it into his jacket pocket.

    "Thanks Mac. I appreciate it. If you happen to hear anything else,... well, I've still got my eye on that Yamaha." He grins, nodding to the racks of guitars piled almost half-hazardly in the corner.

    "Call me. And, uh, stay sharp if you go for an evening walk huh? There is some weird stuff out there lately. Just sayin'. Later!" he waves to the strange little shop owner and heads out to catch the bus to his next stop, the unicorn bookstore, then home for a quick change and a late lunch with the twins. Danny grins in anticipation.


    Evil GM

    Danny

    With a little snort Mac, quickly grabs the bill (note) so as it hardly even touches the surface of the counter. "Don't worry, she'll still be there. Yep, I'll be careful."

    The Bookshop is very peaceful, behind the counter Xandria smiles at you getting you a compliemntary coffee. "How can I help?"

    Aximeus

    The Receptionist meets you at the cafe, she has a cup of tea to hand and a small plate of scones. She gently puts cream and jam upon them; "Nice to see you again dear. So good to see more young people about, well apart from the Arty klique."


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    To Yeung Kar Lan
    thank you Honored One,I have lived Tai Chi since, well for a while. I learned it from Hong Yip Seun, as well as Kung Fu and Wushu. Twice I have lived and traveled in China, I had a house and a wife once; a gift from the city elders for some actions there, mystical beasts attacking various beasts in the district. Then in '37 the Japanese attacked so I helped out at bit there since the Americans send some group to help; Flying Tigers and their P40's, went back again in the mid 70's; a very different China in some ways. I didnt realize till then that the Japanese more or less ended the Chinese Emperors reign. I wasn't permitted to leave the districts of Shanghai when I went back, guess the government had a file on me from Korea and VietNam, for all I know; my house and such still stands or maybe in its drive toward modernaization it is nothing but rubble under a sky scraper and that village swept away. I hope not; it would be sad, those farmers were good people. I ended up in Africa fighting the Nazis then Europe after that and have not been back, always something rears its ugly head, but I remember; honest hard working people; sharing and caring for one another and simple feasts. Such a different life from the Eastern Seaboard of America in my youth. <I look him in the eye> I know not the right course of action, life has so many circles, but I know if the people are in danger, I will sheild them come what may.

    Axe takes his leave of the Detective will keep you up on what I find out if I find out anything. Last Soveriegn Emperor was rousted by the Japs if I remember right; wonder if there are any Japs here with Chinese treasures, might keep an eye on the consolate perhaps. /b]

    After leaving the eatery and calling Danny, Axe goes accross the street to ask the receptionist out for dinner as it is probably evening time; This is the last think Axe has planned for the day until he hears from someone; otherwise will go to work about 9pm. Axe intends an enjoyable dinner, will chat with her. "so how has your days been, was in the neighborhood thought it might be nice to have dinner with a friendly face."

    DSXMachina wrote:

    [b]Aximeus

    Detective Ramsbottom - He nods his head as you discuss it over the post-run drink. The Greek/Romanic man, bonds with the cop as only a hero of the people can. Ramsbottom, says 'bloody wizards', he seems to respect them but there is a friendly rivalry. Especially since before Jericho there were few real practitioners (only the pagan witches @ Evil Eye).
    He assures Aximeus that they will act will all seriousness and even share his information (once he talks to his superiors).

    Yeung Kar Lan - The old man smiles his face bursts into a mass of creases; "You speak of Tai-Chi. I will share some of what I have heard; the people are scared. The First Emperor has come to these shores, he has done a deal with the natives. He wishes revenge on those that thwarted his last attempt to reclaim his old form. That of the great dragon." he holds up a hand "Who the natives are, I know not. Only that they are a group with power."

    The receptionist will be delighted to have dinner, after work.


    Evil GM

    Aximeus

    The mature lady sips her tea, dabbing her mouth with a hankie from the sleeve of her cardie; "Oh you are a dear. It's nice of you to offer, those other youngsters are in such a rush." She shakes her head slightly; "Those young artists from up at the Uni, well they are always rushing off here and there. Poor Dave, he was half-way through his commission and he's got a broken wrist. Seems someone stamped on it."

    Somehow all the scones in front of her disappear without anyone seeing it, as she lady-like consumes them. "Henri, well I haven't seen him since the day I met you actually. The police think he did something dodgy and the bomb in his flat..... oh terrible business. Well I have decided to carry on regardless."


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    Stomped on it; what, was he painting the sidewalk? how did that happen?

    It is good you carry on, providing an outlet for artists; worse things I suppose, me, I have been a cook for a long time; have been giving advice to young people to start their places and menues and how to brew some decent coffee; some listen; some dont. Artists and cooks have some commonalities I suppose, creating things and such, duality i suppose; their starving and we tend to get fat. Exciting when someone comes up with something new; so rare though.

    seems weird things have been happening around me; hope I am not cursed <chuckle> why, I was at the museum the other day and the roof blew off and some chinaman was making claims like he was the Emperor returened and a while back, I stopped in a church...always wondered difference between Anglican and Catholic church styles, anyway, it had ghosts; angry ghosts. I tell you, I only been here in England a couple weeks; is like the whole island haunted and crazy?


    Evil GM

    "Got involved in the crush at the party at the Uni last night. At least that's what that nice boy of his friend said." she slurps some more of her tea. "Oh that's terrible dear. The difference is Henry VIII, love, you cannot help it if you don't know with being American like. We have old history, whilst the America's just have theirs in depth. Henry wanted a son, so he had wife after wife, but the Pope wouldn't give him a divorce so he created his own church. It's alot more complex than that but..."

    "Ghosts, that's spooky, I don't believe in things like that." she says with a little shake of her head.


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    that is a bit of a surprize, never seen a ghost, well your still young, fit too I might add, you just workout..., maybe you will see one someday; something to write home about. [b]
    sips his coffee
    [b] I never understood this lineage thing with so called royalty and the reign of leadership. Not how the Romans did it; Greeks did I suppose to an extent; but not a good system. There is no guarentee that a son or son of son is gonna have any brains or leadership traits; history pretty much shows its a bad idea. World has tried all kinds of government setups; all of it works and fails; wonder when they will come up with something that feeds everyone and still makes life fun and a challenge.

    so you gonna just keep on buying and selling art? You got an eye for it? It wouldnt surprize me if you got a communicae from Henri saying pack up and move to timbucktoo or somewhere, he struck me as a guy with plans inside plans. Me, I just go where the wind blows me. guys with plans are all to sightly wrapped. I am surprized he didnt leave a whole booklet of instructions. I have known guys like that; carried a letter for 2 years once before I could deliever it to a friends widow


    Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

    Danny checks his buzzing phone. He texts a quick reply message to Axe, 'All fine, just checking out possible info. Gonna eat lunch and go to work. Call you later.' Then sticks the phone back in his pocket.

    Danny thanks Xandria for the coffee, and sticks the small note he was going to pay for it with in the tip jar. HE dumps a couple of packets of sugar (real, not that nasty fake stuff!) into it and sips it appreciatively. He glances around to see that no other coffee-addicts are lingering close enough to hear him speak softly.

    Just to jog my memory, Xandria is one of the 'coven' right? the one who runs the coffee shop? The other runs the bookstore itself? :)

    Danny leans casually on the counter, as if just chatting, or perhaps flirting.

    "Actually, I kind of need some info. I presume that you heard about the party last night? On campus? Big explosion, bunch of goons trying to rob the party-goers and all? Straight out of an old comic book, I'm tellin' ya. It's been all over the news, but you've heard what really happened, right?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

    "Since I and a couple of, friends, were there anyway, we've kind of decided to pitch in and see if we can help clean up the mess, so to speak. I was kind of hoping you ladies might be able and willing to share any info about the party-crasher? Turns out, he's some kind of hard-@$$, NOT someone you want to meet in a dark alley. Unless your carrying a sherman tank in your purse. I don't suppose that you or your family have heard anything? Or maybe 'sensed' anything?" He asks, waggling his fingers out beside his head and making 'Twilight Zone' noises. He grins big to show he's kidding.

    Empathy/Rapport: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 3) - 8 + 2 = 4


    Evil GM

    Aximeus

    "Oh you flatterer,' she waves her hand at you. 'when I was you age I had the men lining up to court me. Well, Royalty is a great idea, see the wedding? It was magical. They say there is power in their blue-blood. You have a similar thing in the States, you sons become President. Like George W. he certainly didn't get voted in for his competence."

    A proud Brit she adds; "Your right the Roman had something similar, with each Caesar being a successor, or (adopted) son to the last. Nobility is an idea for ruling, for someone to dedicate their life to learning how to rule. Well that would be the ideal, when Jaime Lee-Curtis and Floella Benjamin are in the House of Lords." she shakes her head slightly.

    Distracted by the conversation she goes on to talk about her (ex-)boss; "Yes, he certainly was one to put in safe-guards and have ploys. A right smart-arse, too much brain for his own good. Well I haven't seen him for a bit. I am giving his profits to his brother, the priest."

    "It was terrible what happened to his wife, her dying suddenly like that. She was so lovely; I once went to see a psychic with her, load of clap-trap but she believed in it. He said she would one day create a schism between the worlds. Mental, right?"


    Evil GM

    Danny

    Xandris is the owner/ barista, like Mac from the Dresden Files books, she is meant to be Neutral, but she has certain...pagan leanings. She isn't the old crone however.

    Xandria smiles, talking quietly although the formation of the shop does tend to mute any words naturally. "I did hear from one of my clients a few things; a creature in town a mass killer, he is trying to hide in the shadows and feed off the fear of others. I heard he could be the Iron Knight, hunting down some student.

    Then there is one of the choir in town, you want to avoid her.

    The Chinese in town are fearful, I believe one of their leaders have come back to take vengeance upon the great Host.

    Then the crone said that there was a sign and a big working. That someone had caused a mass killing, a building taken by magic. No living being could survive, well it took out some damned vampires so it wasn't just the living."


    Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

    Danny, being grateful, decides to return the favor.

    Presuming that the mass murderer was our late unlamented friend the kobold?
    "Yeah, the lil' killer was a lil' bugger all right. We, um,... sorta ran into him. I can assure you it was NOT the 'Iron Knight'." He says with a smirk, thinking what Jericho's reaction would be when he heard that particular rumor.

    "HE won't be bothering anyone anymore I don't think. Um, not to display my ignorance too much but, 'The Choir?' Who, or what, is that? I'll be glad to avoid them if you say it's a good idea, I'm just curious."

    "Chinese Leader' huh? Yeah, again, HIM we've met. There's good reason to be afraid of him. Goofy looking as he is, he's a scary guy. Packs a mean punch."

    "Um, was I so wrapped up in last night that I missed something else on the news? MAss killing? Building taken by magic? Was that local?!? This is the first I've heard of this!"


    Evil GM

    Danny

    Xandria looks up and nervously says; "An Angel, in town. You don't want to cross her."

    Then she winces slightly; "Your a good man, probably don't want to get mixed up in things like that. Well, the mass murder - it was kept secret. One of Lord Lawrences' Blood-nests were hit. A powerful spell, killed everyone inside. Vampires, their poor victims - I heard they do some people smuggling. The people they get are promised a new life in the UK, they get a new life being fed upon." she shakes her head.

    "Anyway, the spell broke through any weak threshold they had. Killing all, without the need for anyone to break in."


    Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
    DSXMachina wrote:

    Danny

    Xandria looks up and nervously says; "An Angel, in town. You don't want to cross her."

    Danny gulps nervously himself. "A really real,...? Yeah, your right. I'm not THAT good." He agrees wholeheartedly.

    DSXMachina wrote:


    Then she winces slightly; "Your a good man, probably don't want to get mixed up in things like that. Well, the mass murder - it was kept secret. One of Lord Lawrences' Blood-nests were hit. A powerful spell, killed everyone inside. Vampires, their poor victims - I heard they do some people smuggling. The people they get are promised a new life in the UK, they get a new life being fed upon." she shakes her head.

    "Anyway, the spell broke through any weak threshold they had. Killing all, without the need for anyone to break in."

    "Um,... wow. THAT'S not going to make Little Lord Fauntleroy very happy. Those poor people though,... Do they have an idea who did it? And why? Other than killing vamps and innocent bystanders I mean?"


    Evil GM

    Danny

    Xandria nods at the comment about the Angel, "Yes, she has been in here a few times. Though all know not what she is." The barista cleans some coffee cups with a tea-towel.

    "No, the poser has no clue. I think he threw the responsibility upon The Iron Knight protector. So if he does find out then Lawrence can claim he can control the protector, and if he doesn't then the Protector loses face and 'pathetic commoners should not trust him'. Nice bloke the Lord." she adds sadly.

    "Who did it well, there was nobody of great influence." Xandria's voice is full of concern. "I am not being callous. But there were some African families that they picked up in France there. I heard it might have been some sorcerors, the stain on a persons soul is terrible."

    I run Angels slightly differently than is probably Canon. Though I believe they will play a greater part in the actual Dresden Files as the series concludes.


    Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

    "Yeah. Nice bloke." Danny echoes in a deadpan, only slightly shocked, voice. He downs the rest of his tea in a gulp, actually enjoying the heat as it warms his suddenly chill insides.

    'Every time I think my life just can't get any more complicated, or weirder, I get proved wrong. I REALLY need to stop making invitations for the universe to throw cold water on my fantasies!"

    "Yeah, terrible." He echoes again, before shaking his head to clear it.

    "THank you very much, for the tea!" He says with a grin.

    "Not to be too terribly presumptuous, but may I leave you my number? If you hear anything else I would take it as a great favor if you would call me. If it isn't any trouble of course!"

    Danny scratches out his number on a bit of paper torn from his little notebook, (The one he keeps notes like his contact's numbers and his gig dates in.) He glances at a page in it, and then at his watch.

    "Oh criminitly! I gotta run! Thanks again for the tea. It was great! See you later!" He waves good byr to teh tea-shop owner as he snags his guitar and runs outside, hoping to make the next bus that would take him back to his tiny apartment,...

    Very cool. And I don't think playing angels 'differently' is going against canon. By his own admission, Harry's 'contacts' are of a decidedly specific streak. :) Can't wait to see how this turns out! ;P


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    schism between worlds; I dont even know what that mean hehe, separate worlds doesn't sound all that bad and neither does sending money to man of the cloth. Jaime Lee-Curtis is in the House of Lords? Really, accepting foreign titles is against the Constitution without Senete approval, did they renounce their citizenship. I suppose, if your born in a place I guess it is ok to change your ties as you really have little choice where your born. As for myself, nobody is lining up to court me, am just a short order cook myself. One of the type of jobs I take between wars. Having this time with you has been really nice, not many people have a longer perspective than the hussle and bussle of a life of few years. The idea of Kingly power and bloodlines and such has been recently interesting to me. I read once that the Christian God sometimes cursed someone unto seven generations. I was thinking that must be bloodline related. The more I learn about spirits and such; the more confused I get, I thought the universe, meaning all of it, would be a little more organized. hehe, instead it seems to be a bit like a bigger version of NY City with a bunch of petty ante gangs; groups of thugs and those opposed to em, each scratching out their piece of turf, usually worthless turf. When ever thing get organized, bunch of groups get together, seems we have a big war. Is that all we are, like chickens scratching in the dirt until time to pay the butchers bill?

    DSXMachina wrote:

    Aximeus

    "Oh you flatterer,' she waves her hand at you. 'when I was you age I had the men lining up to court me. Well, Royalty is a great idea, see the wedding? It was magical. They say there is power in their blue-blood. You have a similar thing in the States, you sons become President. Like George W. he certainly didn't get voted in for his competence."

    A proud Brit she adds; "Your right the Roman had something similar, with each Caesar being a successor, or (adopted) son to the last. Nobility is an idea for ruling, for someone to dedicate their life to learning how to rule. Well that would be the ideal, when Jaime Lee-Curtis and Floella Benjamin are in the House of Lords." she shakes her head slightly.

    Distracted by the conversation she goes on to talk about her (ex-)boss; "Yes, he certainly was one to put in safe-guards and have ploys. A right smart-arse, too much brain for his own good. Well I haven't seen him for a bit. I am giving his profits to his brother, the priest."

    "It was terrible what happened to his wife, her dying suddenly like that. She was so lovely; I once went to see a psychic with her, load of clap-trap but she believed in it. He said she would one day create a schism between the worlds. Mental, right?"


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    I forget the receptionists name, but Axe is trying to pick up on clues about what she might be and such, but he not not very concerned, just mildly interested.


    Evil GM

    Danny

    Xandria thanks him and takes the note; "You should play here sometime." She watches as Danny runs out of the shop, slowly shaking her head.

    Aximeus

    "Oh my dad was a Stage Magician in the 1920's. He wasn't very good, but he said it paid the bills. He retired in the Queens Jubilee." (1972) she smiles sadly. "Died a couple of years back."

    She seems to be wizard-blooded but without any powers, she is long-lived but doesn't realise why.


    Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
    DSXMachina wrote:

    Danny

    Xandria thanks him and takes the note; "You should play here sometime." She watches as Danny runs out of the shop, slowly shaking her head.

    Danny glances back and grins. "Hey, that'd be great! Thanks! See you later!" He waves as he dashes out the door.

    The rest of the trip to his apartment takes little time, and goes smoothly. (ALthough Danny, being on hyper-active-paranoid mode, gives at least three 'suspicious' people the evil eye. Not realizing how much he is freaking them out!)

    The girls pick him up at his apartment a short time later. They had out for a quick lunch at a local corner bistro-type place. One of those places Danny had passed a dozen times and not even realized it was there. As usual the girls treated, although Danny insisted on leaving the tip. (MOstly a gesture. It had almost become a game between the three of them. Although on the rare occasion that Danny DID have money they did 'allow' him to treat them to a night out.)

    The girls insisted on dragging Danny along to see some new shops they had discovered. Danny went along with them, pretending not to notice the time. When he looked like he was about to explode from nervousness, the girls finally relented and drove him to the pub. Danny thanked them verbosely, and promised to repay them appropriately with an evil grin.

    Danny entered the pub, said his hellos to the staff, and set himself up in the small corner for performers. As he idly tuned his guitar, he took a look over the early evening crowd. There were only a few, but it was still early.

    Perception: 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 1 = 4


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    I never had a mom or dad, was raised by my aunt; we moved around a lot. Within a city or to other cities mostly along the Eastern Seaboard, I always thought it funny we lived near water but never went fishing. I probably been to 20 elementary schools and 30 high schools. My aunt wanted me to see peoples of all nations and how they scratched out a living. I probably faced a hundred bullies before I was a teenager; gang leaders, bullies, thugs, on my thirteenth birthday my aunt gave me a Kuri sword and I faced my first non human beast. I have many Uncles, might even be uncles, funny thing is I read there names in old books, they taught me to fight and most of my learning, but they never talked about my family. I look, what, 30ish and am like a hundred years old and dont know didly about my family. I see couples, families and such, and I am like; how do they do it? Some will grow up; some will die tragically; some will live, but many will dissappear and nobody will know why; that makes me mad. I look at the art in your gallery and I compare it to the life I have seen, I think art should be about something; the heart and soul of people


    Male Greek/Roman Demigod

    how about you; what was growing up like for you?


    Evil GM

    Aximeus

    "Poor love" she says reaching across the table and matronly patting you on the hand. "That sounds rough for me it was quite interesting we travelled but it was from one stage to another. My mother had the worst of it she was a home-body she didn't like being on the road that much." she looks sad. "I think that was what killed her in the end."

    "Father got eventually drafted and went to India and the Far East to serve in the jungles as part of a troupe of performers a bit like, 'It ain't half hot mum.' Oh of course you are American? You won't have seen if - it was very good anyway I am digressing, age does that to you. But you would know that."

    She looks slightly startled realising what Aximeus has said for the first time; "Yes you really do look good for your age." she smiles softly.


    Evil GM

    Danny

    The girls warmly hug him as he gets out of the car at his gig. As the trim blond bar-maid greets him and he sets up in one corner near the window he notices a small note in his leather jacket pocket. That sly Min, or was it Lin?

    'Danny,
    Sorry, we couldn't say anything but we don't know if father is watching us. You can virtually see the blushes. After the party last night, he wasn't at all angry with us or even YOU! So Min got suspicious, he seemed preoccupied. So she checked in The Diary, it seemed he hired your friend Aximeus last week because he knew something was going to happen.

    So I overheard him on the phone to someone, speaking Mandarin. He was frightened and deferential. He said something to the other man about the 'Englishers hospitality will not be suitable for you my Lord. I beg you stay with my men instead.'

    Lin'

    Looking around the bar it seems to be fairly quiet but there are a few locals observing you, obviously waiting for the band. Then tucked away in a corner you notice the Old Crone of the witches. And at the far bar the woman in white with red tattoo drinking a cocktail.

    1,451 to 1,500 of 4,253 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.