Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


101 to 150 of 4,239 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Temple Hound (Wyld Fey)

Gelert bays again and rushes back at the foul creature, his maw bared wide and fangs slashing in at the ghoul t try and get a grip around its foul throat and crush the life from it before it can do any harm to his companions or escape to whatever dark den it came from to continue its no doubt evil work.

Fists (Fangs) 4d3 - 8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 5 = 4


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny is so shocked by the abrupt damage and exit of the ghouls that he stands speechless. Which causes his Veil to fade as the two ghouls exit the soon-to-be burning barge with alacrity.

"Oh. No. Nonononono!" Danny breathes huskily, denying what he knows is happening. He jumps from the tiny bed, dragging the tangled blanket with him on top of the burning books. Moving quicker than even adrenaline and fear can account for, he uses the blanket to grab the books, shoves open the nearest small cabin window over the desk, and hurls the now burning blanket and books out of it. Supernatural speed do your thing! Does that account for round 1? Moving on,... ;)

Danny turns back to the now totally destroyed cabin, already coughing on the fumes from the broken gas valve. He knows he doesn't even have time to search his pockets to see if he's already managed to grab the journal. He runs a hand through his hair, frantically looking around the cabin.

Judging by the sounds of an animal growling and the familiar sound of fighting, there's more company awaiting him outside than just the ghouls.

'Thinkthinkthink! WHere's the journal?! OR this box?!?' Danny coughs again, curses, and in a fit of either genius or panic, LOOKS.

He closes his eyes, focuses, and opens them again, deliberately opening what mystics call 'The Third Eye', or what wizards call 'The Sight'. He sees everything in crystal, almost painful, clarity. He idly realizes that he can even see the escaping gas from the broken line as a misty wavering rainbow. Holding out his hand to steady himself, (the sudden use of the Sight usually makes Danny a little dizzy), he scans the room, hoping that this guy didn't have a secret stash of cursed artifacts, knowing that he would never be able to forget what he sees like this. Whatever he looks at will be burned forever into his memory. He also knows that if this box the ghouls are looking for is protected by wards, like they said, it should glow like a beacon to him right now,...

Use The Sight to find any magical, or magically warded, items in the cabin. THEN I plan to grab them and get the heck out! :) DO I need a Per check while using the Sight? If so,... here goes,...

Per: 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 1 = 1 If that won't do it, even with the Sight, I can burn another Fate point for another Fae Luck or Song of Mother, add a +2 for a +3 total?


Evil GM

Down by the River

Heavily wounded and off-balance the trio of Winter Fey rip into the ghoul with fury. Duana’s steel blade takes advantage of his poor footing and wounded leg, rippimg into him with a fury. Gabriel’s chill blade back by the power of the Winter Queen and his own considerable skill at arms, chop into the undead aberration. It lets out a howl of rage, how any creature could take such wounds and stand is remarkable.

It launches itself at the Hound, just as the fey-wild retaliates. A howling mass of teeth and claws; as they rip into each other. They part, blood soaking the Hounds fur and chunks of flesh torn out of the carrion-eater.

A second ghoul leaps from the boat to attack, in a graceful arc claws outstretched. He rakes his claws at Duana, sinuously moving in such a way seemingly if his putrid flesh was boneless.

Athletics Defence (Duana) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 3 = 2

Athletics Defence (Gabriel) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 3 = 2

Athletics Defence (Gelert) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 1) - 8 + 3 = 2

Fists Attack (Tall Vs Gelert) 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 3) - 8 + 4 = 6

Fists Attack (Fat Vs Duana) 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 3) - 8 + 4 = 5

Inside the barge, Danny opens his sight up. Instantly Danny feels a flood of emotions which nearly knocks him off his feet. The weight of the history of the boat, a relic of the Victorian Era – the Industrial Revolution, used to house canal men as a home whilst they take coal and cloth across the Pennine Mountains to be sold. Cold and lonely nights spent on the canal, then for their livelihood to be wrenched away by the railways. A bitter sorrow, lies behind the feeling of home.

Pushing away the background noise of the boat Danny focuses on its contents. Antiques and important items litter the boat, each having the feeling of not quite belonging here. Virtually every item has a past that it has been wrenched away from. A small burgundy book catches your eye as it seems to radiate knowledge, tossed aside in the search and placed within a larger book. Pair of green jewelled necklaces glint with an internal light, you can see vines wrapped around them. A small calibre pistol radiates a soothing golden light from the revolvers’ chamber. The sweet smell of fresh blood assails your senses from an over-turned decanter despite it being empty. There’s the sense of hearth and home from a simple wooden spoon.

Quickly Danny gathers some of these items. (You can grab 3 this round, more next [I may add a couple more] although I’ll roll for an explosion/fire, how does that sound?).

Danny, I’ll have to check the book after I am home from work. But keep your Fate Point for now.

Danny’s 2nd round action AND Duana & Gelert to make athletics/fists/weapons checks (+1 to athletics if you have inhuman speed)


Evil GM

Canal Combat – Mechanics

Gabriel’s attack 4 Vs 2, so 2 shifts + 2 weapon. Therefore it takes a stress 4 hit.

Tall Ghoul Stress Track [] [X] [X] [X] – Consequence (Moderate:Hamstrung)

Duana’s attack 5 Vs. 2, so 3 shifts + 2 (?) weapon. Therefore he will take Severe Consequence: Blinded, reducing the number of shifts by 6; to a zero minimum. As Duana’s lunge pierces it’s eye (unless she wishes to go for somewhere a bit more… delicate)

Tall Ghoul Stress Track [] [X] [X] [X] – Consequence (Moderate:Hamstrung & Severe:Blinded)

Gelerts attack 4 Vs. 2, so 2 shifts + 2 weapon. So it takes 4 shifts of damage; even taking a mild consequence (with it’s supernatural recovery it has 3!) this only reduces it to 2. As this cannot fill a box on the track, the Ghoul is TAKEN OUT! Unfortunately, it acts simultaneously with Gelert so he still has to roll his defence (probably – I’ll check tonight).

Now when something is taken out, they are not necessarily dead, it’s up to the victor to say what happens. Within reason (ie taken out in a social combat would be unlikely to ‘die of embarrassment’ or be seduced by a mortal enemy – unless we are playing Anita Blake)

Defence against attacks, you can roll either; Athletics, Weapons or Fists. Unfortunately, due to their mighty strength their Claws are Weapons: 4. Thus you add this to the difference in the rolls, unless the defender wins. Then mark off the relevant box – you may have to take a consequence to mitigate this. If you cannot mark off the relevant box, then you are taken out. As you can see the ghoul still had his 1 stress box open. You cannot split the damage between two boxes. Anyway hope this combat has been relatively simple so far.

Danny Sorry, missed the part where you are throwing the fire out, roll an Athletics, Alertness - or whatever you think appropriate,& can explain away. Target is 2 (due to your speed)


Male Temple Hound (Wyld Fey)

Fists (?) Defense (Tall) 4d3 - 8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 3) - 8 + 5 = 6

I'll need you to walk me through the damage part of this, although you did say I had TAKEN OUT the ghoul after it did me damage? I'll just want to rip its throat out and make sure it never gets back up again, when my turn comes around, if that's ok?:)


Evil GM

On your last turn, you ripped his throat out with his dying breath he attacks you. As your defence equalled his attack it still hits you take a 4 shift hit. Thus you mark off the 4th box of Physical stress - [] [] [] [X]


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Athletics, for Danny to toss the burning books out of the window. (MAkes sense, as his Speed gives him a bonus to athletics?) As mentioned above, he (tried?) to grab the burning books by covering them with a blanket first,then grabbing then in a bundle, open the window, and tossing them.

Athletics: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 3) - 8 + 2 = 3

Relief at his success of getting rid of the burning books is quickly overwhelmed by the feelings that he can see in the barge. Steeling himself, and deliberately narrowing his eyes, he carefully doesn't look directly at anything that doesn't have an obvious aura. No sense in overwhelming himself with more than he has too. He is surprised at the number of things that suddenly stand out. The things practically leap into his vision, as if they were clamoring for attention and realize that he is their last chance of salvation. Coughing, he covers his mouth with a sleeve, and swiftly but carefully begins grabbing up items and tucking them into his half-unzipped jacket.

Danny grabs the maroon book hidden within another book first, fairly certain that's what he originally came here after in the first place. He grabs the pistol, golden warm light gleaming from it's chambers, and the spoon as they are laying almost right next to each other. He recoils in distaste from the decanter, despite there being no overt sense of menace from it. He looks at it again as he starts to reach for the necklaces, then stops. He quickly turns back to the broken gas line, trying to see how fast the cabin is filling up with gas.

He spins around, trying to see if he's missed anything. Also trying NOT to panic,...

'WHERE is this BOX they are on about?!? Fire or no fire, I'm not staying here much longer!'

Is this clarifying his 1st round actions? or was this his second round action? (Spotting them was 1, picking up was 2?) Another Per roll needed? If he doesn't see this mysterious box soon, he'll probably try to grab whatever else he can and run for it.


ok going to attempt my first spell haha let me know if I mess up want to get this over with early and get it out of the way haha

Using the sword gives me a +2 to the power of the spell so I can cast this one spell of ice at power shift +5 with only one mental stress taken yes? however I want to hurt this second ghoul bad so I increase it to a +6 thus one over my new conviction

So for discipline would be +4 discipline roll +1 for ice specialization? and call upon the aspect Stand Up Stand In Until the end for a +2 for free thus another +1 debt to Maeve? (kinda going off the example in the book)

So it would be a +6 power shift so need to match that to properly control the spell? let me know
Discipline4d3 - 8 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 1) - 8 + 4 + 1 + 2 = 6 so controlled and now ghoul takes a +6 ice burst

Gabriel spies the second ghoul attacking his charge and levels the swords tip at the beast. Drawing on the power of his court the sword chills the very air around it until he shouts out "Jég nyíl!" and shards of ice sharper than any razor lance out of the sword hitting the ghoul besieging Duana.hopefully


Male Temple Hound (Wyld Fey)
DSXMachina wrote:
On your last turn, you ripped his throat out with his dying breath he attacks you. As your defence equalled his attack it still hits you take a 4 shift hit. Thus you mark off the 4th box of Physical stress - [] [] [] [X]

Just as a noobie question, what does Inhuman recovery do in this situation? I am assuming nothing? :)


Evil GM
Gelert wrote:
DSXMachina wrote:
On your last turn, you ripped his throat out with his dying breath he attacks you. As your defence equalled his attack it still hits you take a 4 shift hit. Thus you mark off the 4th box of Physical stress - [] [] [] [X]
Just as a noobie question, what does Inhuman recovery do in this situation? I am assuming nothing? :)

Inhuman recovery allows an extra Minor consequence, thus allowing you to reduce this to a stress 2 hit. So your Physical stress would be [] [X] [] []/ & 1 minor consequence available. It also allows you recovery consequences quicker. Minor - end of scene; moderate - end of session/ scene; severe - end of act/chapter. I will let everyone know when they should recovery consequences. In Gelerts situation a minor consequence that he ignores is quite a good action, as the tall ghoul couldn't use his minors as your attacks were too effective.


Evil GM

Danny

Sorry, yep that's you first round action. So once Duana, Gelert & Ghouls has posted you can take your second round action. You have got the flaming blanket/ books out of the window. But the gas canister is still hissing. You don't see any box.

Gabriels attack

Athlethics Defence against Gabriels Icy Spear 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 3) - 8 + 3 = 3

Sorry, will need to check the working for Gabriels attack in the morning, but it looks...ok


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

That's fine. Just let me know when it's my turn again. (I don't want to get ahead! I confuse more people that way,...) ;)


Evil GM

The ghouls staggers back as the shard of ice hits him in the shoulder, ripping away the flesh to the bones. A black viscous blood pours from the wound down to his hooked claws he howls in rage. Shrugging off the wound with a supernatural strength.

Fat Ghoul takes a Mild Consequence:Enraged & Physical stress [X] [] [] [].

Gabriel also takes a 2 shift mental stress hit for casting the spell.

Gelert:
Inforamtion on the ghouls; everything as Danny found ut above. Also they tend to be nomadic moving from area to area as the meat (humans?) run out. However these smell like they have been in the same areas for years, they also have a slight tin smell. As if staying in close confines with that for years.
Ghouls, when not ruled/controlled by Vampires & Necromancers tend to survive as a Monarchy with a King.
These ghouls smell of an underlying terror as if they have been afraid of something for a while....

Initiative
Duana - 5
Gelert - 4
Ghouls - 4
Danny - 0
Round 3; Gabriel - 6

Duana, Gelert up


Male Temple Hound (Wyld Fey)

Gelert winces and favors his wounded leg but his hackles raise as he sees the second ghoul injure his Mistress. He looses a roar and launches himself at the ghoul, savaging the foul-tasting flesh with his sharp fangs and un-dog-like claws.

Fists 4d3 - 8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 5 = 9

Ummm...DM? is this a good roll???


Duana Weapons 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 4 = 5

Duana continues to assault what appears to be the vital organs of the hideous creature threatening her companion, caring not for the knight's display of magics that could be better channeled into attempting to disable the creature, at the very least.

Would She have sent these creatures to test our ability to retrieve this item? Duana muses as her blade strikes and the force of her blow shatters bone. How much more must I bleed to prove myself?


Evil GM

LOL, PC's and their good rolls :?

Ghoul Defence 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 2) - 8 + 3 = 3

Duana needs a Defence roll from the ghouls attack last turn.

Btw Gelert, the Inhuman Recovery only reduces a hit by 2 shifts Once per combat.

Ghoul Defence Vs. Duana 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 3 = 2

EDIT: Apologies all got, Gabriels magic a bit wrong will correct and give description of the events in the next post.


Male Ferromancer

"Don't call me Jerry. Wait" Korben realizes where Ax is. "Right, actually Jerry is fine if you're there, especially considering the morning I've had. I need some info Ax. Know anything about Runes? Or Vikings?" Jericho listens carefully to Ax's story, then swears, "Empty Night, I'm heading to pick you up. We need to check out this scene, I had something similar happen to me this morning, something's up and it's definitely on my side of the fence." Jericho waits on a reply, then goes to his car, a rattty old Jeep, and begins going to the police station to pick up Ax.

Still on crap posting schedule, but at a friends place.


Evil GM

Canal Combat

Duana attack is vicious at the creatures vital organs, her attacks rip through the creatures lungs. The rib-cage cracks under the vicious stroke, slinters of bone flying evrywhere along with viscous and vile fluids.

Gelerts fangs rip into the ghoul as his staggers back from the concerted attacks. A slash of the hounds claws nearly blind the creature. The beast closes on the dying unliving abomination and with a swift crunch of his jaws its neck is severed. The head rolling away from the body.

Mechanics:

Gabriels attack is a 6-shift attack, thus is counts as a Weapon:6 !!!
So he needs to Discipline roll of a 6, which he did. The ghoul defends against this. He got a 3, so the ghoul takes 3shifts + the weapon:6. Thus that is 9 shifts !!

So after that attack he is actually [] [] [X] [] - Severe:Frozen

Duana's attack is 5 - 2 + 2 => 5 shift attack. It takes a Moderate Consequence:Wheezing [X] [] [X] []

Gelerts attack is 9 - 3 + 2 => 8 shift attack as he cannot take another moderate consequence, it is taken out


Duana's Athletics Defense 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 5 sorry, missed that you asked for that bit.


Evil GM

That's cool it was amongst the wall of text. Next time i will use spoilers as a GM screen Which everyone is free to look behind, especially as it may help us all understand the game & you can point out my mistakes :P

As it is equal you would take a weapon:4 hit, which you could take as a Physical Stress [] [] [] [X]. But your inhuman speed, gives you a +1 to Athletics so the attack just misses you.


Ok would we see that the boat is burning yes? so would it do to call up a mist of water and ice to dampen the fire with my foci?


Evil GM

There are some burning books and blanket on the water near an open window and for those that can make a Alertness - 4 check (without entering the barge) there is a gas cylinder that is spewing out gas.

On a 97% it will be bad in next 1 minute 1d100 ⇒ 18


Male Temple Hound (Wyld Fey)

Alertness 4d3 - 8 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 1) - 8 + 3 - 4 = -3

Gelert sniffs the air but smells nothing a miss, and he looks up at Duana quizically, wagging his tail and then he eyes the dead ghouls and makes several retching sounds as he finally tastes the full foulness of the ghoul's flesh.


Gabriel looks around quickly before murming "We need to get rid of these bodies before someone comes along. We do not need the Police coming by and asking us questions." he then sheaths his sword and begins to roll the bodies into the pier. Unless someone objects


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

I like everyone laying out the stats of what they are doing. Because every time I think I have the mechanics down, I see something new and realize I'm not even halfway there yet! :)

Just let me know when Danny can move again. This is getting exciting! :)


"I do not believe that rolling these bodies off the dock qualifies as 'ridding' ourselves of them," Duana argues, "simply obscures them for a time only."


Gabriel frowns looking at Duana. "Then what would you suggest m'lady? We still need to find the box Queen Maeve told us of but we can't have people finding these...things."


"Fire destroys many things," Duana observes and shrugs. She sniffs at the bodies, and wipes the gore from her blade on their remains, but it is not enough. Duana narrows her eyes in disgust at the display, and does not dare tuck the blade back into its holster on her thigh.

After a moment of thought, a queer smile appears on her face. "We may... dispose of them in Never Never," she suggests softly.


Male Temple Hound (Wyld Fey)

Gelert gives a chuff of a breath and glances up at Duana, giving a small whine and tucking his tail between his legs for a second then takes a step back, looking about as if trying to find a better option. The Ways were not his natural environment, they were terrifying, cold and full of unnatural creatures of malice and cruel cunning.

He whines again and then licks at his wounded leg, sitting down on his haunches to see to his injured limb.


Duana looks to Gelert, and kneels beside him, her silk stockings, satin garters and knife rig and sheath showing through the slit in her skirt. She rubs Gelert's crown and turns his eyes to look at her. "I am aware, Gelert," she says softly in the language of the court. "To dispose of the corpses only," she assures him. "I have no intention of disobeying my Lady's orders."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

They DID dispose of them rather,... effectively. :) In defense of your ghouls though, Our 'Ice team' Are also pretty much bad-@$$#$, and they DID get several good rolls from what I saw! :)

Danny coughs again, and wonders for the briefest of moments what he is doing.

'I came for the book! I have the book! Why am I looking for a box?!'

'Because those were GHOULS. You don't send TWO ghouls to pick up a UPS package! If they wanted that box, then it's important. And probably not in any good way. OK. So, If I were a mystic box full of bad news,... where would I be?,...' Danny turns around again, noting the colors of the gas in the air getting thicker now, and wonders why he can't find the box? He starts to look lower, about ready to get down and look under whats left of the furnishings, when the thought hits him.

Moving water, even sluggish moving water, is bad for magic. If you wanted to protect a mystic box magically, you'd cover it with protective charms, and then, you'd put it AWAY from the water!

'Who said it had to be IN the cabin?!' Danny mutters aloud, looking UP instead of down, trying to catch a tell-tale sign of magic,...

Another, Per check, with the Sight still going, (If this doesn't work, I'm grabbing the last of the already seen items and booking. Danny has no intention of causing a static buildup and blowing himself up!) :)

4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 1) - 8 + 1 = 1


Male Temple Hound (Wyld Fey)

Gelert sniffs at Duana, his eyes worried but then he opens his mouth in a small doggy grin and he licks her face once then sniffs at her wound worriedly, then glances again up at the barge from where the ghouls had descended from, his ears perked and sniffing the air, cocking his head and then looking back at Duana, licking his nose and chuffing again before standing and limps towards the boat a few steps, then looks back at her and Gabriel again.


Evil GM

On the River

Danny walks out from the cabin of the boat on the dock in front on him before a rapidly closing 'way' is a man, woman and hound from a party in the Never-Never he vaguely recognises.

Meanwhile the Princess has opened a way to the Fey Realm kicked the bodies of the ghouls through and closed it. On the barge emerging from the cabin is a familiar figure.

The gas from the canister will not explode now, the quartet just has to let it dissapate for a while. Thus get to know each other.

Aximeus

Officer Higginbottom looks at you once the call has ended with a knowing look. "Do you want any help? I can keep a secret, especially when you know mine."


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

<I never got a response from Jericho that I saw so not sure how to proceed other than call Danny>

"I have this friend that is a paranormal detective I met in Toronto, he might give me some pointers where to look, but sure; be better if you came along I suppose, I wouldnt want to contaminate any evidence and you know the city better than I so, if you dont mind driving."

I punch up Danny's number on the phone; see if he picks it up or goes to voicemail.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

<sorry, missed it ;found it now; but will still call Danny>

<not knowing how much jericho wants known about him; will continue to call him Jerry>
"Jerry, yeah, I know a little bit; mostly about weapons, but nothing esoteric. I am here with Detective Higgenbottem, he might know a specialist; he is a good guy and has worked some special cases before. I know a bit about vikings and the land; I have fought in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark; never got out to Iceland or Greenland, but that was a while back. I don't care to much for Saunas; but the Northmen are crazy about em; did you know that they pack portable ones with their military units to take to war? Other than that; I believe height of Viking perios was 1000AD; I heard it is what was the cause of Monarchy to arise after the fall of Rome, Western Empire. Several days of the week are named after them; months tend to be Roman. A group of elite Viking were the Emporer guard and such in Eastern Roman Empire in Byzantium. This is about all the general stuff I know, I know a few military units and style of fighting. Part of their fighting style was wearing chainmail and a thick Bear Skin which is very durable and thick; good at absorbing blows. I heard one that Bear Shirt is where we get the term Bezerk. Chaimail is still about the best thing around for stopping slashing weapons. Throwing axes are a specialty. I heard storyies that a unit of viking warriors would not carry ladders; but instead would throw heavy axes at wooden doors and climb them into a city. Also, thrown axes were a test of bridal fidelity. Ok; you have just about picked my brain; any of that help oh; and if vikings are after you; dont hide in a house; they tend to burn em down and shoot you when you leave. A unit of Viking would be decimated by a Greek Phalanx or a Roman Century as Vikings were just raiders and not really military strategists. They are Hubris looking for a place to happen; dangerous to give a gift to; overproud. Egil something or another is one of the greatest heroes I heard of; supposedly half troll; and his axe was legendary. Uhm; there is that later story of that guy and the Valkrie Brunhilde falling in love."

Jericho Korben wrote:

"Don't call me Jerry. Wait" Korben realizes where Ax is. "Right, actually Jerry is fine if you're there, especially considering the morning I've had. I need some info Ax. Know anything about Runes? Or Vikings?" Jericho listens carefully to Ax's story, then swears, "Empty Night, I'm heading to pick you up. We need to check out this scene, I had something similar happen to me this morning, something's up and it's definitely on my side of the fence." Jericho waits on a reply, then goes to his car, a rattty old Jeep, and begins going to the police station to pick up Ax.

Still on crap posting schedule, but at a friends place.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny blinks, deliberately shutting his third eye. His eyes water, and it's not all because of the gas. 'That's it', he decides. 'Chaos, destroyed furniture, my job here is done!'

Steeling himself for an unpleasant encounter, Danny dashes out of the cabin door. He sucks deep lungfuls of air, blinking to clear his eyes. He opens his eyes and his mouth to sing at the same time. He freezes for a heartbeat at the sight waiting for him. It takes Danny a moment more to slow his heartbeat down a tad before he actually recognizes the people on the dock.

'Awesome. If Winter wasn't involved before, they are now! How DO I get myself into these things?'

Danny straightens up, and grins at the Lady and Knight. When they do not immediately respond, he adds a little wave.

"They'll let anybody buy a boat these days!" He says grinning, indicating the swiftly closing portal and the ghouls disappearing from view within.

"Nice day for a walk by the water, isn't it? How are you both doing?" He asks the pair, then glances nervously at the large dog. He continues to smile without showing his teeth, suddenly mindful of an old tale heard about NOT showing your teeth to a dog,... He reaches into his pocket.

"Hey there fella, how are you? Please tell me you don't want to play fetch. With my arm. How about a nice biscuit?" He says in a friendly voice to the large canine, offering him the scone from his pocket.


Male Temple Hound (Wyld Fey)

Gelert eyes the newcomer stoically, his great lupine eyes blinking very seldomly as he talks to his mistress and the knight. When he makes a point of not baring his short, blunt, useless teeth, Gelert's ears perk up a little and his eyes lock onto the biscuit, his tail beginning to thump rapidly against the dock. He slowly goes down into a playful bow, tracking the man's movement of the biscuit with his eyes and then leaping up into the air and snapping the pastry out of the air when he throws it for Gelert.

The huge dog smacks his lips and licks his chops and opens his mouth in a wide doggy grin, panting at the nice person and giving Duana a reassuring Chuff that he means no harm, dutifully charmed by someone willing to feed him. He might be a Fey Hound with intelligence akin to those of his Fey Masters, but he still remained a dog.

Gelert turns back to the man and wags his tail in a friendly manner, then trots back over to Duana and pushing his huge head under her hand and licking the fingers of it until she consents to scratch at his crown, making one of his back legs twitch rapidly, his tail wagging.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Ring Ring; Danny getting a call from Aximeus


Gabriel slowly draws his sword as he sees Danny his eyes narrowing. "What is an Emissary of Summer doing here?" he says slowly, eying Danny up and and down then looking to the boat and then to the place where the two ghouls had been previously.


Are we to assume that there is no longer any fire on the boat?

Duana scratches behind Gelert's ear, recognizing that his leg is injured and that it might be of some comfort. Emissary of Summer? she muses, examining the creature that strode off the boat that they were tasked with investigating by the Winter Lady.

"Peace, Gabriel," Duana says with a surprisingly placid tone. "You must forgive my Lady's Knight. Prone to violence, he is, and devoid of tact. It is clear that this Summer lad has had some troubles of his own recently. Perhaps you and I and Gelert might walk a ways together, as though this were but a curiosity to inspire a short pause as we walked to our destination?" Duana suggests with a smile.


Male Temple Hound (Wyld Fey)

Gelet eyes the newcomer with an appraising eye, trying to determine whether or not he could have any more goodies stored away in his pockets then his ears shoot up as a sound starts emanating from the man's pocket, a high pitched ringing sound that makes his head hurt a little but deters his curiousity not at all and he stalks forwards one huge paw to take a sniff at the man's jeans to detect the source of the high-pitched sound.

He wags his tail up at the man then resumes staring in wonder, then glances back at Duana with confusion, chuffing and tilting his head, ears twitching rapidly at the sound.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny stands up a little taller. He's still almost a foot shorter than the armed Knight, but he adopts a fighting-ready stance as he meets the knight's eyes calmly.

"Summer's emissary to Winter. Or, more accurately, 'Winter's Emissary From Summer'. Seeing as how I'm actually supposed to report to you. Er, Winter, that is." Danny shrugs.

"I'm still a little fuzzy on the exact job description." He admits wryly.
His hand covers his pocket by instinct when his phone goes off. He smiles, cautiously, as the large dog investigates his pocket, hopefully for another biscuit.

"Er, 'Scuze me. I'd better see who that is." He Mutters as he fumbles the phone from his pocket. He gives a small groan when he sees the caller ID.

"Not now! Sorry. I'd better take this." He says with an apologetic smile as he flips the phone open.

"Axe! Buddy! Long time no see! Look, not to be rude but this ISN'T really the best,... What? Wait,... WHoa! Hold up! You know I can't understand you when you get historical on me. No. NO. I didn't say hysterical, I said HISTORICAL. You know I can't understand half of what you say when your excited. Slow down and tell me that again?,..."

Danny listens to the phone with a growing expression of disbelief. He is either completely ignoring the nearby Winter Warriors, or completely shocked by what he is hearing.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

hey buddy, nah that is background noise; am in England and a lot of people around; there has been a murder on the spooky side seems like and a friend of mine is implicated; but highly unlikely; your the detective familiar with this stuff; I remember how good you were back in Toronto, can you come check this out? You know me; more a strong arm and a handly blade; not an investigator. If your really far away; maybe I can get a video or something for a remote eyeball. This smells to me the like push of the first domino in a line of coming events.

<I give him the address>

anything intersting going on your end; hehe you seem to have a knack for finding big trouble?


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny nods and 'Uh-huh's' a couple of times.

"Investigator? I think you've got me confused with the others Axe. But sure, I'll help if I can. It, uh, just so happens that I'm in York already. Small world huh?"

"Trouble? No, no trouble. Just ran into a couple of, co-workers, that's all. I'll try to meet you there in say, an hour? Ok? Cool. See you then."

Danny clicks the phone shut and looks at it with pursed lips. He looks up at the others, and jumps a little, as if he had forgotten they were there. His eyes narrow thoughtfully.

"Say, I don't suppose either of you guys read Sherlock Holmes? Wasn't he the one who said 'I don't believe in coincidences.'?" Danny asks, his earlier wariness now gone, (although he watches the Knight's sword from the corner of his eye).

"I've been in York a month, and I can count the people I've met who are 'in the know' on one hand. Now today, I discover that the 'spooky side' has it's own version of gangsters, I'm nearly eaten by ghouls, I meet 2 people from Winter Court, Sorry pooch, three. AND an old acquaintance, who also just happens to be in York, calls me to help him with a supernatural mystery. This might make for great daytime drama, but it's pushing the bounds of credibility for a mystery novel, don't you think?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Um, speaking of,... Not that I don't appreciate the help, I do, actually, thank you." He says, nodding to a spot of discolored ghoul blood that is rapidly evaporating.

"But, why exactly are you here anyway? The docks are a little out of the way for a romantic walk, aren't they?" He asks curiously.


A smile slowly blossoms on Duana's face as the Summer Emissary continues to babble incoherently. This creatures good nature could prove valuable.

"This is no romance," Duana answers with an almost musical quality to her voice. "Gabriel is my Lady's pawn, unfit for any creature save a mortal to lay with, if it is her command that he might."


Gabriel rolls his eyes sheathing his sword as he listens to Duana. "The lady forgets herself for she is as much a pawn of the Queen as I am. But why are you here Summer? And if you would move please."

He begins to walk towards Danny giving him a cold look until he moves and Gabriel strides into the boat ducking slightly to enter the hold looking for the box.

4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 1 = 2

"How long were you in here Summer? You just let us fight the ghouls as you cowered?" He says as he searches.


Evil GM

RE: The Fire - it is totally out and the gas dissapated; the canal boat is apparently totally safe...

As Gabriel steps onto the prow in front of him lies an opened pair of double leaf doors only a few feet high, which lead down into a lower covered deck of the boat. This is where Tybalt must have lived. As Gabriel enters there is the lingering smell of rotten flesh and Calor gasThe left hand side is a Kitchen area with a countertop running the length of the room, with cupboards over. Recessed in the counter is a fridge, gas hob cooker and a sink. To the right is a living area with a couch and table drilled to the floor. Past this area at the far end of the room is the bedroom area with an En-suite running from it.

The area could once have been a cluttered flea-market, bric-a-brac stall or Aladins Cave of treasures; both price-less and worth-less. But now it is in utter dissarray, looking if a storm or hurricane has hit it. Everywhere lies papers, books with there spines broken, smashed crockery, discarded tin cans and packets of food, a black and white television lays upon the floor displaying a black and white snowstorm of static, an answer-machine it's case cracked lays under the table, cushions ripped open their stuffing floating on the air currents. A cracked whiskey bottle lies on the floor.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Once Jericho gets here; we all proceed to the murder scene, look around and get a feel for the place and wait for Danny to join us.


Evil GM

Aximeus & Jericho

A dark stone alley with the tell tale striped police tape like a wasp stretched across. At the far end facing away down a second cross-street is a police woman in a cap, a heavy stab vest and wide utility belt making her look androgynous but practical.

The blood is splattered across the walls indicating blunt trauma, not blades. There are scratches on the walls as if a flail or chain was used. Looking carefully you notice small voids where the blood should have been. After a few moments considering it, the best possibility is that it was because of ectoplasm. Meaning that drops of ectoplasm were splattered on the wall along with the victims blood.

The bright midday sunlight burns the scene in a palid whory light. The blood looks too vivid and crimson to be real, the grey tape on the ground shows where a man departed the world. Now even his corpse had gone. Looking around you see a small stone building whose walled courtyard faces the alley, just above a curtain jerks closed at your glance.


Male Ferromancer

Is this the same place I was before?

101 to 150 of 4,239 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.