Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


1,151 to 1,200 of 4,239 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny kicks the jerk in the knee, and winces in mock sympathy as the ganger tumbles to the floor.

"Oooo, That's gonna leave a mark! Hurts don't it? Do your self a favor and stay down. By the way, in case you missed the score, that's 'Real Man' = 1, and 'Loser' = 0 !" He says over the man's cursing.

Danny moon-walks backwards singing;
"Boom, dadada boom, can't touch this,
Boom, dadada boom, can't touch this,..."


Pure Human Ex-SAS

can I defend and counter attack in the same turn? If yes here are the rolls.

defense = 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 1) - 8 + 3 = 1
Counter attack = 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 = 5

Trip puts his training into action an attempt to seize his attackers leg and drive his combat knife behind his kneecap.


Evil GM

The kick connects with Trips mid-riff, with a whuff the air is knocked out from the military man. However with practised ease he stabs his knife into the mans' knee, a gout of blood sprays across the floor.

Defense (Fists) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 = 5

Equal he takes damage the same as the weapons value.

3-1 = 2 physical stress box is marked off

The man snarls curses in Cantonese that cause the twins to blush.

Axe, Jericho & Grillian to act


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Yakuza fools, the Ghouls are everyones enemy, they love it when their food fights for them

defense vs attacks
1)
4d3 - 8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 3) - 8 + 6 = 7
2)
4d3 - 8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 1) - 8 + 6 = 6 plus anything from spells that help.

Axe slashes a ganger and looks at the girls and Danny to see what theatens them and if any vets are following him.

attack
4d3 - 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 2) - 8 + 6 + 2 = 5


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Danny, unless you can go invisible and hide the girls like that; the best way out is through these yokels and move in force rather than fall to those outside lurking in shadow; no general attacks a place without forces ready for backup and a watch on the perimeter.


Evil GM

The man trying to sneak up on the seasoned warrior is shocked as Axe sees him in the reflection of his greek shield and reversing his grip stabs the triad through the shoulder with his sword.

Defense (Weapons) G2 Vs Axe: 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 3 = 2


Male Ferromancer

Sorry, still on reduced posting schedule due to friend in town for another week. Be back to regular programming next week.

Jericho's dance through the crowd is interrupted by the ghoul slashing at him, and he throws himself backward from the first slash, barely avoiding it, and desperately brings up a shield with his ring to catch the second.

5 Shift Block:4d3 - 8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 5 = 8

His focus honed to razor sharpness by the situation, he catches the claw and turns it back without issue, then rolls backward and says calmly "Koromak" Hardening the metal skin around him to provide armor.


Evil GM
DSXMachina wrote:
DSXMachina wrote:

Initiatives

Axe - 6
DrArmour & Gangers ⇒ 5 ACTED
Ghouls ⇒ 4 ACTED
Kenneth - 4 Attacked with fire
Jericho - 4
Trip - 3
Jack - 2 Darkness
Danny - 1 Attacked
Grillian - 1

Book-keeping::

DragonArmoured W=5/3 Arm=3 L=4,Con&Dis=5
S:oXo P:oXo(o) M:oXoo
Aspect: Pride of Ancients, Imperial Herald TEMP:BLINDED

Gangers W=3 F=2
1= S:oX P:ooo Con=
2= S:oX P:oXo Con= Medium: Shoulder Broken
3= S:oX P:ooo Con=
4= S:oX P:ooX Con= Minor:Ablaze, disarmed
5= S:oX P:ooo Con=
Xian= S:oX P:ooX Con=

Ghouls F=4/4 Arm=1
1= S:Xooo P:oooX(oo) Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour
2= S:oooo P:oooo(oo)Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour

SCENE ASPECTS: 'Blood on the Dancefloor - Changed from Croded Dance-floor'
(For individuals Aspects Check Book-keeping)

Aximeus' attack did a Medium Consequence, thus he can tag it once for free on his turn for a +2. I don't believe there are any more aspects working?

I'll delay Grillian & DragonArmoured man until next turn & take the Party-crashers turn.


Evil GM

Sorry, yes, you can defend against each attack and move anywhere in the same zone without penalty. The names after the people acting are not exclusive, you can help anyone else; it's just to focus the eye.

Party-Crashers Turn

Ghoul 1 - Jericho

The ghoul howls his hatred at the the Ferromancer, the speed with which the undead moves is deceptive. The clawed finger reach out ready to tear the throat out of the unready. Letitia moves to intercept the attack but the supernatural creature is quicker as it starts the duel; her eyes and movements quicken as she draws upon her reserves of magic and training. Beneath her breath Jericho can just hear her say; "Not again, your kind will not prevail again." Her wardens sword a glittering line of death. The ghould backs off slightly then he leaps at Jericho upon the instructions of his leader.

Attack (Fists) Vs Jericho 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 4 = 6 - Claws:4 damage
Attack (weapon:3) Letitia Vs Ghoul1 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 1) - 8 + 4 = 4
Defense (athletics) Ghoul Vs Letitia 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 2) - 8 + 4 = 4

Thug/Ganger 2 & 3 - Aximeus

The pair see after the precision stroke of the armoured man that they will need to strike accurately. They stand side by side and dart in and out testing Aximeus' defenses, with a rapid sucession of kicks and flips. Coming in from all angles, the blades, kicks and throat thrusts are not meant to hit but distract for a later attack.

Attack (weapon) G2 Vs Aximeus 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 3 = 3, place: Aspect:'Cautious' on Axe
Attack (weapon) G3 Vs Trip 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 3 = 2, place Aspect:'Fake Out'on Axe

Basically defend as normal, but I don't think these guys can do much damage unless they put a few Aspects on him (for multiple +2's).

Thug/Ganger 4 & 5 - Kenneth

The disarmed aflame man, burning from Brigid's flame. He falls to the floor and starts rolling the flames marking the polished floor leaving small pockets of flame across the surface. His friend that had tried to flank the kilted a man and achieved some degree of sucess, smiles viciously from yellowed gaping teeth. He darts one way and then the other swapping the knife from one hand to the other.

The rolling man nearly knocks into his feet, the knife man kicks his burning companion and with a vicious snarl:"Waise, ya idiot get outa me way, blud."

Waise then rolls with the kick and ends up rolling towards Kenneth's feet, taking advantage of the distraction the knife-wielder attacks.

Attack G4 (Fist) Vs Kenneth 4d3 - 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 1) - 8 + 2 - 1 = -1 - he is trying to place a block upon any attacks of Kenneth.

Attack G5 (weapon) Vs Kenneth 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 = 7 Weapon:1 - Knife

Thug/Ganger 6 - Trip

Lauren with knife in hand looks around protecting her dance partners back, as he is involved in another kind of dance. The man screams a curse as blood fills up his boot, he dives forward low. His weapon glittering as it thrusts towards the SAS man's thigh, the butterfly knife ready to twist as it enters the heavy muscle.

Attack (weapon) Vs Trip 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 = 4

Thug/Ganger Xian - Danny

Xian looks to Danny; sneers "I wouldn't want to touch you or those girls after you got your filthy paws on them." he says changing his tune after being schooled.

He gets to his feet, with a shake of his head like a thai boxer denying that it hurt. "Round 2, ding-ding Xian wins."

Attack (weapon) Vs Danny 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 1) - 8 + 3 = 1

Shadowy Figure - Jack

The shadowy figure tears at the darkness surrounding his face and moves towards Jack. A dark hand tries to slap him.

Attack (Fist) Vs Jack 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 = 5

It the attack equals or beats the defense:

Attack (Intimidation)4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 4 = 6 Vs. Discipline Or else you are filled with fear, this acts as a BLOCK at this level.

Matthew starts to move towards the door.

Book-keeping:
Ganger1= Ganger 6 1= S:oX P:oXo Con=


Evil GM

Book-keeping:

DragonArmoured W=5/3 Arm=3 L=4,Con&Dis=5
S:oXo P:oXo(o) M:oXoo
Aspect: Pride of Ancients, Imperial Herald TEMP:BLINDED

Gangers W=3 F=2
1= S:oX P:ooo Con=
2= S:oX P:oXo Con= Medium: Shoulder Broken
3= S:oX P:ooo Con=
4= S:oX P:ooX Con= Minor:Ablaze, disarmed
5= S:oX P:ooo Con=
Xian= S:oX P:ooX Con=

Ghouls F=4/4 Arm=1
1= S:Xooo P:oXoX(oo) Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour
2= S:oooo P:oooo(oo)Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour

Letitia's swords draws blood as the ghoul lunges towards Jericho with a out-stretched claws; she screams "No!!"

It takes a 3-1 stress hit from her wardens sword.

Kenneth avoids the blazing man on the floor easily as his screams of the burning man. Out of the corner of his eye Kenneth (& the others) can see Laura, his dance partner, move towards the burning area a fire extinguisher in her hand.

Kenneth so 2 defense rolls, the first against the burning man with his -1. If you succeed that then he will be taken out automatically. Sorry that the second is a 7.

SCENE ASPECTS: 'Blood on the Dancefloor' - Changed from Crowded Dance-floor'
& 'Flaming Good Time'


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Block 1: Weapons: 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (1, 3, 2, 2) - 8 = 3
Block w: Weapons: 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (3, 3, 1, 1) - 8 = 3
4 shifts get through, plus weapon 1 attack, for 5 stress. Thankfully, armor 2 makes it 3. However, ouch. I can't take another hit.

Kenneth shifts his dirk into place to try to block the attack, but is a little slower than he'd like and distracted by the rolling, flaming thug at his feet, who stops struggling. The mail of light blunts the worst of the attack, but shakes the Scot more than he'd like to admit, or reveal to his opponents.

This needs to end now., he thinks.

"No concern for your flaming friend, lad? Maybe you should help pat him out."

Kenneth pushes out on the flaming, disarmed, unconscious thug, rolling him back into the feet of his still-armed friend to bring them both down in a collapsed smoking heap.

Weapons (Maneuver): 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (2, 1, 2, 3) - 8 = 3
+2, tagging aspect DISARMED AND PRONE
+2, tagging aspect AFLAME
Total (Maneuver): +7 Seeking-> TANGLED UP AND SINGED
Kenneth's mail evaporates, since he didn't extend it again.


Evil GM

Kenneth

Defense (Weapons) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 3 = 1

Knowing how crucila positioning is the man tries to jump over his burning friend but flailing burning arms catch the man in the knee. He falls heavily onto his 'friend' Waise, they roll around the floor burning as the fire starts to spread rapidly.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe defends and savagely attacks the thugs back; getting angry that they are working with the ghouls against humanity he has chosen to defend

4d3 - 8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 2) - 8 + 6 = 4
4d3 - 8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 6 = 4

------------------

GM: I am not sure what tag it for free means; is that a hit at +2; or hit for free and +2 damage? or something else? thanks much


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

only rolled defense so far...


Evil GM

Well it means a +2 to hit, but as it is affects damage (ie. if you get an extra 2 shifts to hit. The difference add to damage)

Eg Axe gets 5 to hit with a weapon:3
Badguy gets 4 to defend (no armour)

5 - 4 + 3= 4 stress box marked off.

If you had a +2 for an Aspect

Axe gets 5+2 to hit with a weapon:3
Badguy gets 4 to defend (no armour)

7 - 4 + 3 = 6 stress

Sorry, hope that makes more sense than my usual waffle.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

with sudden inhuman speed; axe whirls around the injured yakuza to avoid their tactic and attacks:
attack
4d3 - 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 2 + 2 = 6
Athletics to counter move
4d3 - 8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 1) - 8 + 3 + 1 = 4


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

uhm; I think i did my attack wrong; have weapon 5 and using sword 3 with kung fu fighting aspect and the bonus for doing injury last round; so can you fix this so I can see it; got decent roll though; woot!


From Danny:
Everybody was kung-fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightning
But they fought with expert timing
From Axe:
They were funky China men from funky Chinatown
They were chopping them up and they were chopping them down
It's an ancient Chineese art and everybody knew their part
From a feint into a slip, and kicking from the hip


Evil GM

That's fine I'll sort it in am, having a flurry of posts in Ryuko's Werewolf game. 'Wolves of Weirwood'. & need to sleep now.


Evil GM

Book-keeping:

DragonArmoured W=5/3 Arm=3 L=4,Con&Dis=5
S:oXo P:oXo(o) M:oXoo
Aspect: Pride of Ancients, Imperial Herald TEMP:BLINDED

Gangers W=3 F=2
6= S:oX P:ooo Con=
2= S:oX P:oXo Con= Medium: Shoulder Broken
3= S:oX P:ooo Con=
4= S:oX P:ooX Con= Minor:Ablaze, disarmed
5= S:oX P:ooo Con=
Xian= S:oX P:ooX Con=

Ghouls F=4/4 Arm=1
1= S:Xooo P:oXoX(oo) Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour
2= S:oooo P:oooo(oo)Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour

Aximeus

Assuming Aximeus is attacking the same one as before with the shoulder injury to tag him for the free (1-time only) Apsect: Shoulder Broken.

Whilst they duck and weave throwing punches, kicks and testing Aximeus' defenses with their weapons. A burst of sparks erupts as a knife hits his round shield. The injured man extends to far with his damaged primary arm, which gives the greek man an opening. He brings down his arm upon the man's shoulder, thus a scream of pain is heard as he collapses to the floor.

4d3 - 8 + 5 + 2(free causing a consequence tag) ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 5 + 2 = 9 +2 if you spending a Fate Point for your Kung-Fu fighting Aspect.
Defense (weapons) G2 Vs Aximeus attack 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 1) - 8 + 3 = 4

9(attack) + 2(FP) - 4(def) + 3(weapon) = 10 He is Taken Out - Aximeus feel free to describe this however you want if you wish!


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

With the deceptive ease of unwasted motion and great speed, Aximeus whirls like a Olypian preparing to throw the discus moving out from between the two Thugs and around behind the injured man.

"Traitor!" yells Axe, and slashes diagonally in a downstroke from all the momentum diagonally across the thugs shoulder to hip. As he falls, Axe crouches and turns his flinty stare over the top of his sheild to the man left standing and taps his blade against the sheilds edge and with barely controlled rage:
"By Agamemnon's murdered bones, I swear to thee thou shall not prevail!"

----
thanks for the math; ok with the aspect fate point kung fu fighting :)


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny defense against Xian's att of 1
4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 1) - 8 + 2 = 3
Att beaten by +2, completely negated yes?

Danny's face turns red at Xian's insult to the girls. And him.
"The question you should be asking yourself is, 'What is it he's got that I don't?' The answer? Oh yes! DATES!" Danny snarks with a smirk.

Xian's face turns the color to match Danny's as he moves in again. His kicks and jabs are just feinting, trying to make Danny nervous. And it works more than Danny wants to admit.

'Dang he's fast! I hate to admit it, but I think he's better than I am! Well, his MOVES may be faster, but I'm 'better'!'

Danny backs up slowly, giving way to the angry ganger as he advances.

"Now now! If we have to fight, let's do it properly! I challenge you,... To the Pain!" Danny declares theatrically.

"Wha,...? Xian responds wittily,. then begins advancing again.

"To the pain means that first I break your feet at the ankles, then your knees, then your wrists, then your elbows,..."

"Come here you little runt!"

"And THEN I gouge out your eyes!" Danny declares (not in a panic, oh no,...)

"And then you rip off my ears I suppose!?" Xian growls.

"No! Your ears I'll leave you and I'll tell you why! So that every person who screams at your approach, every child that squeals in fear, every mother who cries 'dear god what IS that thing?!?' will be yours to cherish, echoing forever in your perfect ears. THAT is what to the pain means! It means I leave you alive, wallowing forever in freakish misery!"

Xian pauses. "I think you're bluffing." He growls as he advances menacingly. A little slower.

"It's possible. Pig. It's conceivable you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm bluffing. But it's far more likely that I'm merely toying with you."
Danny has bumped up against the buffet table by now. His hands catch the edge of the table, and flounder among the canapes and appetizers for a weapon. His left hand closes around a handle.

"Now playtime's over!" Danny suddenly shouts in Xian's face, stomping his foot. Xian blinks, then reacts with a wild haymaker. Danny's left hand swings out, his weapon blocking the wild punch. There is a splatter across both Xian's and Danny's faces. Xian freezes for a moment in shock,...

"Back Off!" Danny shouts, brandishing his still dripping weapon.

Xian blinks. He huffs in astonishment, then howls in relieved laughter.

"Whhatya gonna do with THAT fancy pants? SOUP me to death?" Xian laughs, wiping the red sauce from his face.

Danny glances at his ladle, still dripping marinara or whatever it had been sitting in. He manages to look sheepish.

"What, this? Nah" He says swinging the ladle casually between his fingers.

"That's just a distraction." He grins. Comprehension almost crosses Xian's face before Danny's RIGHT arm comes from behind his back, swinging the heated serving tray, the sterno cans, and spraying whatever was in it in a wide arc as Danny slams the tray into Xian's head,...

Danny Attacks back! 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 1) - 8 + 2 = 2
Declaring aspect 'FOOD FIGHT!', on scene. Tapping for +2, total now +4.
Declaring aspect 'HOT STUFF!' on immediate scene (maybe only good for one shot, but I'll take it!) If agreed, total is now +6. (Trying to save my Fate points. I have a feeling I'll need them!) :)

"THAT'S for insulting the girls you uncouth chump!' Danny cries.


Evil GM

"Souper, you really ladelled the punishment on him." Min & Lin say in unison.

The tray connects with a loud metallic clang, dented in half Xian puts his hand upto his head. With a disbelieving blink of his eyes he looks at his hand; "You made me bleed my own blood!"

As his face is transformed into a crimson mask. "This is going to be a Valentine's day massacre." He throws up a chain wrapped around his knuckles and it hits the disco ball with comes to the floor with an explosion nearby.

Defense (Fists) Vs Danny's Attack 4d3 - 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 1) - 8 + 2 + 2 = 4

Xian declares a SCENE ASPECT: 'Heart of Glass' and tags it for a +2 defense

SCENE ASPECTS:

  • 'Blood on the Dancefloor' - Changed from Crowded Dance-floor'
  • 'Flaming Good Time'
  • 'Heart of Glass'
  • 'FOOD FIGHT!'

Only 1 of these can be tagged (per action) without a Fate Point or a supplimentary action skill roll.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Oh, THAT's how tagging the scene aspects work! Cool, THX! And we can only tag them for 'free' (not spend a fate point) that first time we each tag the aspect, yes? We can continue to tag it, again, but must spend Fate points?

Girls wrote:
"Souper, you really ladelled the punishment on him." Min & Lin say in unison.

Danny winces at the puns. "Seriously? You girls should be PUNished for that one. I should put you both in the PUNitentiary." He smirks.

"What?!" The girls pipe in unison, dangerously innocent.

"We might have Ladled it on a little thick,..." Admits Min.

"But we thought you liked your women Saucy?" Adds Lin.

Danny groans. He opens his mouth, But any clever pun he might have been retorting with dies in a flurry of shattered glass from the fallen mirror ball. Danny wide eyes are not faked as he glances from Xian to the ceiling, making sure no OTHER falling surprises are headed his way.

"Does anyone else feel like Chicken Little?" He murmurs, "Cuz I think I just laid an egg."

"Has anyone ever told you you have a SERIOUS impulse control problem?!" He shouts at Xian.


Ph:OOOO Mn:OOOO Sc:OOO FATE:3

Jack will tag Blood on the Dancefloor for his defense roll.
(free tag on the first tag right?)

Defense 2 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 2 + (2, 3, 3, 3) - 8 = 5 do I add anything to defense without a skill?


Evil GM

Danny - Yes, it costs Fate Points to tag Aspects for the second and consecutive uses.

Jack - Whoops, I should have said youcan use either; Athletics, Guns, Weapons or Fists as a physical defense. To add the skill to the roll.

Thus with Jacks Weapons:4 you easily avoid the dark mans grasping hands, a palpable senseor dread exudes from him.

And Jack you can act...


Evil GM
DSXMachina wrote:

Initiatives

Axe - 6 Attacked
DrArmour ⇒ 5
Gangers ⇒ 5 ACTED
Ghouls ⇒ 4 ACTED
Kenneth - 4 Blocked
Jericho - 4
Trip - 3
Jack - 2
Danny - 1 Attacked
Grillian - 1

SCENE ASPECTS:
•'Blood on the Dancefloor' - Changed from Crowded Dance-floor'
•'Flaming Good Time'
•'Heart of Glass'
•'FOOD FIGHT!'


Pure Human Ex-SAS

Defense 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 3 = 3 and spend a fate for an additional +2 neutralizing the thugs attack.

Trip defly dodges to the side of the thug attack adding the thugs momentum into a towards into the nearist table.

attack Defense 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 1) - 8 + 3 = 2 Food Fight adds +2 correct


Evil GM

Trip

The man tries to put on the breaks as Sir Langdon spins out of the way, his lunge takes him stumbling forward as he injured right knee collapses underneath his weight. Momentum carrying him into the wide tressle table of samosa's, which collapses under him. He lies on the floor groaning as he starts to get up.

Miss Lauren gasps from nearby, then seems to look around at the room as the fire starts to spread across the dance-floor. Bunting catches alight, but the thin crepe burns into ashes on the air. A few of the Chinese lanterns fall to the floor, disgorging their firey content and fuel to the surface.

Defense (Athletics) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 1) - 8 + 3 = 1

4-1+1(for table weapon ;P) → 4 stress he takes a Minor Consequence: 'Accident Prone' for 2 stress, the other 2 converts into a 3 stress hit as his 2 box is already full.

Book-keeping:

DragonArmoured W=5/3 Arm=3 L=4,Con&Dis=5
S:oXo P:oXo(o) M:oXoo
Aspect: Pride of Ancients, Imperial Herald TEMP:BLINDED

Gangers W=3 F=2
6= S:oX P:oXX Con= Minor: Accident Prone
2= S:oX P:oXo Con= Medium: Shoulder Broken Taken Out
3= S:oX P:ooo Con=
4= S:oX P:ooX Con= Minor:Ablaze, disarmed Taken Out
5= S:oX P:ooo Con= BLOCK: TANGLED UP AND SINGED (7)
Xian= S:oX P:oXX Con=

Ghouls F=4/4 Arm=1
1= S:Xooo P:oXoX(oo) Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour
2= S:oooo P:oooo(oo)Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour

NPC's still around: (this is a list of everyone in the room, barring those you are fighting)

  • Laura Robson - Police woman dancing with Kenneth, she has a fire extinguisher to hand.
  • Miss Lauren - University Chancellor, dancing with Trip. Torn dress, knife to defend herself.
  • Sonya - Black Court vampire eating a triad.
  • Matthew & GF - Couple Jack was following as they seem to be in some sort of danger.
  • Min & Lin - Danny's GF's, Daughters of Triad leader.
  • Alicia - young girl hidden under table near the stage!
  • Pale woman with injured artist - they have nearly left the area.
  • Suited Coucilor & Bunny♥ the werewolf.
  • ???
  • Sara & Tim - Wiccan types, she is virtually unconcious as he carries her outside. Nearly left.
  • Letitia the Warden - fighting a ghoul with Jericho.


Male Draconic Scion Ph: 000()()()() M: 0000 S:0000 Fate Points: 3

Lore 6:4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 4 Well, that's totally suitable to my mind, since Grillan is kind of focused elsewhere

Quote:

The armoured man looks to the Dragon, beneath the mask a smirk of assurity crosses his face. He faints with the long blade as the leaves with their white seeds fall from the over-sized weapon, the sound of it slicing through the air is enough to generate fear in even the stoutest soul. He pushes his attack further forward, pressing the position.

Attack (Weapon) Dragonman Vs Grillian 4d3 - 8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 2) - 8 + 5 = 4

Grillan's Dodge (athletics) 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 2) - 8 + 1 = -2

Umm... yeah... can't get much worse than that
Grillan will be taking a moderate consequence to reduce the stress from that hit. Combined with his armor that should reduce it to not adding to Grillan's track, if my understanding of the system is right. I'm thinking something like BROKEN RIB or GUT STABBED

Grillan starts to dodge the man, but on the shattered cluttered dance floor, he starts to lose his footing. Catching himself before he ends up on his knees in front of his enemy, he's left with nowhere to move as the sword closes in, and hits home hard.

It doesn't stop the dragon, though, as Grillan shakes his head to clear it. Seizing on the moment of the Armored man's hindered eyesight, and realizing his enemy had struck at where he had been standing rather than where he currently was, Grillan rises from the floor in a lunge, trying to close the distance and get inside the reach of that rather painful blade. If he can stop the other from acting, it will give him the time to probe the armor's history for weaknesses.

Tagging the Armored's BLINDED aspect to attempt a Grapple. I can't figure out if tagging this to attempt the grapple provides the bonus from the aspect, so I'm guessing it doesn't (if it does, the result should be 2 higher). Thus, I'm also spending a fate point to invoke Grillan's "No Power But Mine" Aspect for a +2 on the roll. 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 2) - 8 + 2 = 1

For his second round of actions, presuming he's managed to achieve the grapple, Grillan will be using his Pyschometry Power as a supplemental action (if you'll allow it), to try and assess the man's gear, then trying to maintain the grapple. 4d3 - 8 - 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 3) - 8 - 1 = -1


Evil GM

Grillian

As you say, unfortunately tagging that only allows a Grapple attempt.

The dragon looks at the armoured figure, getting inside the swing of his blade. Grillian tries to grab him around the waist, the man slides his hips in a dancers or martial artists stance and smiles.

Defense (Athletics) 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 1) - 8 + 2 = 2

Beneath the helmet the hazel eyes, seem to glaze with a golden light, the flickering of the flames on the dance-floor. Suddenly he swings again trying to take Grillians legs out from under him. Forcing the well-dressed man back

Attack (Weapons) 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 1) - 8 + 4 = 2 -To create a BLOCK: 'Off-Balance' of this level.
Feel free to make a Lore or Scholarship Roll about the man, Grillian. *EDIT*=And take another rounds actions - I see you have done (I'll get a write up for the psychometry in the morning).


Male Draconic Scion Ph: 000()()()() M: 0000 S:0000 Fate Points: 3

Lore 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 4


Ph:OOOO Mn:OOOO Sc:OOO FATE:3

Of course if we had to leave our weapons at home, then I don't have my weapon...hmmm.

I'm assuming it's pretty obvious that this is a supernatural creature, if it is, then Jack will tip his face down in a sinister manner, and whispers a phrase in Basque, one of his rote spells.

"Itzalen kapa" as the shadows begin to swirl around him. [defense spell]

4d3 - 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 1) - 8 + 4 + 1 = 4 adding Conviction and the bonus from my bracer. Just going for a Strength 4 effect. let me know what I need to subtract from my stress track if need be. (and the previous spell)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

You didn't have to leave your weapon at home. It's upto your PC, heck you could declare 'Aspect: Ridiculous Chicken Suit' and say that you had a chicken suit to change into. Of course it would back-fire.

Jack

It will be 1 mental stress, is the defense a BLOCK or ARMOUR? Block requires the attacker to beat your score to hit, Armour reduces your any attack by 2 (for one round).

"Wizard!?!" the voice grates low but masculine. "He is mine, let me have him and you can still have your mind." The figure threatens, as it moves further towards Jack it appears to be human clothed in a shimmering cloth of darkest blue, rippling in an unknown breeze.

Grillian

As he touches the armour, for the briefest moments a surge of memories forces him to loose the hold on the dragon-armoured man...

'A young man in a large hall, the dust and disrepair obvious; however it takes not away from the hoary cyclopean atmosphere. The walls radiate a soft saffron and are opulantly furnished, though aged and fading slightly. Though the wide arches you see vista's of breath-taking beauty, mountains rising through clouds and saes of mist as they slowly and tumuluously roll against the behemoth cliffs.

The man looks up as a robed figure, wizened beyond years walks slowly forward, knees hardly taking the strain. A long white manchu moustashe vivid against creased mahogany skin, a few straggles of hair over his bald plate. 'Ready, son. Your life has been just a dream, preparing you for your destiny.' In the old man's hands is the dragon-helm. 'The Dragon-Emperor will live on through you, take his spirit inside you to consume you.' his voice in heavy accented antiquitarian Mandarin.

"You will punish them, the quartet across the seas. Defile them destroy their Holy Isle. Take back that which is lost there, you will need the key..." An image of energy coalesing the blood of the land, slowly gaining power as it matures.

The ancient priest stands above the kneeling man; 'Take your fate by the throat. EMPEROR!!!' He places the helm upon the impassive youth's head. The man screams in pain.... such pain.'

'The mists of time flow away, an ancient battlefield, a man in dragon-armour strides across it unifying the land.'

Grillian comes back to his senses.


Evil GM
Quote:

Initiatives

Axe - 6 Attacked
DrArmour ⇒ 5
Gangers ⇒ 5 ACTED
Ghouls ⇒ 4 ACTED
Kenneth - 4 Blocked
Jericho - 4
Trip - 3
Jack - 2
Danny - 1 Attacked
Grillian - 1

SCENE ASPECTS:
•'Blood on the Dance-floor' - Changed from Crowded Dance-floor'
•'Flaming Good Time'
•'Heart of Glass'
•'FOOD FIGHT!'

Kenneth - G4&5

The pair of men on the floor struggle to get up, amongst the flames and flailing limbs.

Attack (fists) 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 2 = 3
Failing, Laura rushes onto the floor and unloads a fire extinguisher all over them creating a white cloud of particles.

Aximeus -G3

The man seeing his friend killed is taken a back; he looks to the door - however out of the corner of his eye his leader still fights on...

With a curse his knife strikes out at Aximeus' body hoping futilely to find a chink in the armour.

Attack (weapon) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 = 6

Trip - G6

The man tries to get up from the table, shaking his head in confusion he looks to the exit. Throwing a platter at the knighted man.

Attack (weapons) 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 3) - 8 + 2 = 1 - Weapon:1

Danny

Xian infuriated by the way the fight is going, being humiliated in front of his peers and the women. He screams his rage in a single attack.

Attack (fists) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 3 = 2

Grillian Vs. Dragon Armoured man

Black eyes cloud over as he senses the intrusion into the past, with a screech his sword descends an arc of doom...

Attack (Weapons) 4d3 - 8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 5 = 5 - Weapon Value:3!

Ghoul2

He flips over a table near the stage revealing little Alicia, yellowed teeth are shown to the child as she starts screaming...

Book-keeping:

DragonArmoured W=5/3 Arm=3 L=4,Con&Dis=5
S:oXo P:oXo(o) M:oXoo
Aspect: Pride of Ancients, Imperial Herald TEMP:BLINDED

Gangers W=3 F=2
6= S:oX P:oXX Con= Minor: Accident Prone
2= S:oX P:oXo Con= Medium: Shoulder Broken Taken Out
3= S:oX P:ooo Con=
4= S:oX P:ooX Con= Minor:Ablaze, disarmed Taken Out
5= S:oX P:ooo Con= BLOCK: TANGLED UP AND SINGED (7)
Xian= S:oX P:oXX Con=

Ghouls F=4/4 Arm=1
1= S:Xooo P:oXoX(oo) Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour
2= S:oooo P:oooo(oo)Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Weapons: 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (2, 1, 1, 2) - 8 = 1
Declaring Aspect: SIGHT EXTINGUISHED and tagging for +2
Taking free tag on TANGLED AND SINGED for +2
Total attack roll: 5, weapon 1 attack

Kenneth smiles as he hears the gangbanger coughing in the cloud of white particles and steps in with his dirk before the cloud has fully dispersed, taking advantage of the man's distractions. "Time for your spanking, lad.", he says in a cheerful, jovial tone, spinning the dirk in his grip.

The only reply is harsh coughing from the ganger as he looks up to the dark figure approaching in what's left of the white cloud, and tries to thrash about to free himself from the tangle of scorched limbs.

"This will hurt you a strech more than it hurts me," he adds as he brings the knife down hard, striking the ganger in the temple with the base of the knife's handle.

He calls out to Laura, "Dinnae fret, lady. I willnae kill them for the crime of being stupid... even though it might improve the gene pool."

With that, he steps away from the gangers and begins to dust the fine white powder off his kilt. He looks up at Laura with a bright smile and says, "Extinguisher! Pure dead brilliant! You are not only a bonnie woman, but canny tae boot!"

He stops and looks at her curiously as a stray thought comes to him, his tone suddenly sober and quiet, "This isnae yer first dance with the supernatural? I only ask because ye havenae sprinkled me with Holy Water or run screaming."

Before she can answer him, his voice regains its musical tone and he says, "Nae, not know. I would love tae continue this gab, but I hae a wee mite more work tae dae first. Keep an yak on these two scunners an' make sure they give back whit they stole."

He pulls her close and kisses her again, saying, "..I'll be back tae finish all tha' once I've put the rest of the bairns tae bed."

He sprints toward Alicia and the ghoul, leaving a bewildered woman in his wake, shouting, "Oy! Let the lassy be, ye thrice-damned corpse!"


Male Draconic Scion Ph: 000()()()() M: 0000 S:0000 Fate Points: 3

"I haven't made you angry, have I?" Grillan says, forcing a grimace from his broken rib to turn into a grin as he tries to move out of the way of the descending sword. His scales had turned the edge of the blade on the earlier blow, but he knew the power of the talisman wouldn't last all that long: He'd made it for getting away from people who might start shooting at him, not for engaging in a stand up fight against so experienced a foe.

Grillan Dodge: I'm guessing his off-balance block applies to this type of action. 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 2) - 8 + 1 = 0
So, no luck there. Grillan will take a Severe Consequence, which combined with his armor rating should reduce the attack to no stresses added on his track (5 shift hit +3 Weapon is 8 stress, -3 armor brings it back down to 5, -6 from the consequence brings it back down to 0). Admittedly a larger consequence than I wanted, but mild would have left him being taken out.
For the severe consequence, I'm leaning towards 'Broke My Good Arm', if that's acceptable.

But the blow to his legs earlier had left them weaker than he thought, and when he went to dodge away, his ankle gave out, leaving him to roll across the floor. Desperate, Grillan caught up a serving tray that had ended up on the floor nearby, and sought to get it in between him and the sword. The tray shattered under the assault, and the sword cut through the scales below to slice deeply into the upper part of Grillan's right arm, severing muscles and fracturing his humerus, before coming away bloody. Already weakened from the repeated abuse it had taken, the dance floor beneath Grillan gave away, dropping him out of sight under a pile of rubble.

In the haze of pain, biting down on his good arm to keep from screaming, Grillan tried to take stock of the situation, but only one thought was managing to be coherent. He'll kill me for what I found out if he thinks I'm alive in here... gotta be quiet, gotta be still. Make him think I'm already dead.

Grillan's going to concede on his turn, presuming folks are alright with the method and manner of doing it.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Defense(Fists) vs Xian: 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 2 = 4

Infuriated and enraged, Xian screams and charges at the smirking songbird, intending to grab him and beat him to a pulp. His rage blinds him to everything except his target. But the mess on the floor will not be so easily ignored. Xian slips on the sauce that Danny just sprayed on the floor. He over extends and Danny easily steps to the side and spins, crying "TORO! TORO!" With that insufferable, s#!^-eating grin.

Xian almost falls on his face, but catches himself at the last second, cutting his hands on the broken glass on the floor. He recovers and whirls around to face his tormentor, growling inarticulately. Danny calmly stands there, at home in his element. The center of attention. (At least in his own mind!)

"Are we still keeping score? Cuz I think that's 'Real Man= 3, Loser= 0'" Danny smirks cheerfully. He casually reaches over and picks up an almost empty tray balancing on the edge of the table. He plucks the remaining little triangle sandwich from the tray and pops it into his mouth. He spins the tray between his hands as he chews thoughtfully.

Social Att:4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 4 = 5
Free-Tagging 'Heart of Glass' for +2, total of 7. Eat THAT Xian! :)

"Your just a bully and a coward. That's why you picked a fight with a guy who's smaller than you. Your insecure about your manhood. Otherwise you wouldn't have made such lewd advances to the girls. Your cruel and selfish, and thinks the world owes you. That's why you steal, to get back at those who dare to think they're 'better' than you. I've got news for you, They ARE better than you!"

As he speaks, Danny slowly steps forward a small step to emphasize each point, still spinning the tray between his hands.

"REAL men don't crash parties, REAL men don't rob and steal, REAL men don't pick fights with those smaller than them, and REAL men don't force they're unwanted advances on a lady!" Danny's voice raises to a low shout as he flips the tray a final time, and holds it facing Xian.

The polished silver surface gives a fuzzy reflection of the ganger, disheveled, face a grimace of rage, covered in red sauce, and hands bleeding from the glass on the floor. In contrast Danny brushes at the one spot of sauce on his white sleeve.

"Your just an angry child throwing tantrums and smashing things." Danny says flatly, kicking a few shards of glass towards him with his toe for emphasis.

"Go home kid. Stick to stealing milk-money. Better yet, grow a pair and help your neighbors, instead of stealing from them. Go on. Or next time I'll let the girls spank you." He says, tossing the silver tray aside. He stands there, a paragon of calm, cool and collected.

"He'll LET us?,..." Comes a murmured voice (Lin's he thinks) from behind him. Danny's right eyelid twitches once.

'We'll,... yeah. Of course THAT'LL come back to bite me later.'

I REEELY hope that scares Xian off for good! (Cuz I just realized, his fighting skill is higher than mine! He COULD kick my hienie!) :)

Suddenly, the scream of a little girl pierces the air, swiftly followed by a bellow of pain from Axe, and the sound of the floor crashing. Danny whips his head around in time to see 'the Dragon' crashing through what's left of the dance floor. His eyes widen as he takes in what looks like Axe being stabbed, and Ken screaming as he dashes towards the little girl he saw earlier being menaced by a ghoul.

'Aw,... AW CR@P! What am I DOING?!?" Guilt instantly floods through Danny. "I'm playing patty-cake with THIS jerk, showing off for the girls instead of getting them out of danger or helping! I'm as bad as this guy!' Danny wails inside.

"Lin! Min! The stage! I need an instrument!"


Male Ferromancer

Freind visit is over. Back to normal posting.

Athletics Defense:4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 1 = -2
Well in that case I'm gonna go ahead and concede this next turn.

Jericho leaps aside, nearly avoiding the claws, but it appears he hadn't been paying as much attention to the dance floor as he should have, and a bit of rubble was poking from the ground at a bad angle. The claws ripped into his side, his head struck the stone, and his head went fuzzy. The Ferromancer managed to look up and see the ghoul approaching Alicia. The terrified look of the little girl was the last thing he saw before losing consciousness.

Somebody wake me when it's over lol.


Evil GM

Wow, this really went bad quickly. With more sucky rolls for Kenneth and some shockers from the others.

Jack

Sorry about not putting up what your guy was doing, just posted in a hurry earlier & your combatant isn't on my book-keeping list.

A white grimace of teeth flashes under the dark brow of his hat. Pale eyes flick to the doorway as he looks and see his victim Matthew run away, down the debris strewn stairs. "He will be mine, don't get in my way again." his grating voice calls out.

He moves rapidly the flickering flames of the building flickering like the stars over his cloak. A burst of ashes or dark powder explodes and threatens to get in Jacks eyes, whilst he hears a small object accidentally fall from the cloak to the floor.

Object:
An ivory chess piece, ornately carved it appears to be a king.

Block Attack Vs Jack 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 2 = 1

Kenneth

Defense (fists) Vs G54d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 1) - 8 + 2 = 3

Danny

Xian looks wide eyed at Danny as the attack fails, seeing the seeming ease with which he avoids his years of practice disheartens the man. A trickle of blood rolls into his eyes clumping the eye-lashes together, which he wipes away as Danny's barbs hit home, then he sees his reflection an realises; 'What would my mother think if she could see me now?'

Already red-faced tears roll down his cheeks.

Defense (Discipline) 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 1 = 2 - Taken out, either he flees or falls to the floor crying your choice.

Blue lights flicker along with the red flames from the collapsed floor. Letitia steps forward over Jericho's body ready to stop the ghoul from claiming him, a red mist clouding her eyes alythough her sword arm retains it's skill.

Attack (weapons) Vs Ghoul 14d3 - 8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 1) - 8 + 4 + 2 = 6 - self compel PTSD: Ghoul @ War
Defense (fists) Vs Letitia4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 3) - 8 + 4 = 5
Attack (fists) Vs Letitia4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 4 = 6
Defense (fists) Vs Ghoul14d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 4 = 8

Still to act Aximeus, Jack & Trip


Evil GM

The Imperial Dragon-Emperor looks down where the dance-floor once stood, but now there is a yawning pit. Beneath the mask a smile spreads - cruel and vicious with aeons of pain behind it. He turns to look at the ghouls, the second reaching for the coffee skinned youngster. "Take her, back to my apartments."

Scanning over to the fight between the warden and the other ghoul. "Do not fail me or your King. Destroyer her, feed on her guts and kill the Wizard Michael. We will have our vengeance upon him, too.".

He turns pointing with his plant encrusted sword; pointing at the sides of the room. "I know you are here, watch your wizard friend die. I will be back for you!"

Miss Lauren, the vice-chancellor looks aghast at Trip and the hole in her floor as well as the destruction. A vague screetch of sirens sounds.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

wow what a roll:
The man seeing his friend killed is taken a back; he looks to the door - however out of the corner of his eye his leader still fights on...

With a curse his knife strikes out at Aximeus' body hoping futilely to find a chink in the armour.

Attack (weapon) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 = 6

Aximeus defense
4d3 - 8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 6 = 5


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Aximeus counter attacks the punk who slashed him
4d3 - 8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 6 = 4 2 more is kung fu fighint is still active


Evil GM
DSXMachina wrote:

Initiatives

DrArmour ⇒ 5 ACTED
Gangers ⇒ 5 ACTED
Ghouls ⇒ 4 ACTED
Kenneth - 4 Attacked
Jericho - 4 Taken Out
Trip - 3
Jack - 2
Danny - 1 Attacked
Grillian - 1 Taken Out
Axe - 6 Attacked

SCENE ASPECTS:
•'Blood on the Dance-floor' - Changed from Crowded Dance-floor'
•'Flaming Good Time'
•'Heart of Glass'
•'FOOD FIGHT!'

Against Aximeus attack the remaining Triad, is happy that he just managed to connect although it just scrapes against the banded armour that had appeared upon the man.

Attack; 6 - 5 + 1 - 2 =0 Boo, if only he had a bigger weapon.

Defense (weapon) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 3 = 1 vs Axes 6 => 6 - 1 + 3 = 8 shifts = 8-6 Major Consequence: Knocked Silly - Aximeus can tag this for free next turn. The Kung-Fu aspect has been expended for it's free use.

Book-keeping:

DragonArmoured W=5/3 Arm=3 L=4,Con&Dis=5
S:oXo P:oXo(o) M:oXoo
Aspect: Pride of Ancients, Imperial Herald TEMP:BLINDED

Gangers W=3 F=2
6= S:oX P:oXX Con= Minor: Accident Prone
2= S:oX P:oXo Con= Medium: Shoulder Broken Taken Out
3= S:oX P:ooo Con=
4= S:oX P:ooX Con= Minor:Ablaze, disarmed Taken Out
5= S:oX P:ooo Con= BLOCK: TANGLED UP AND SINGED (7)Taken Out
Xian= S:oX P:oXX Con=Taken Out

Ghouls F=4/4 Arm=1
1= S:Xooo P:oXXX(oo) Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour
2= S:oooo P:oooo(oo)Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

hearing the man in the dragon armor speak and taking advantage of the thugs stunned position, Axe will leave him be for the moment and use my faster than normal speed to move and hit Jericho's ghoul who should be very close by as I was standing next to him, my hope is to free up Jericho so he can do something else, but seeing him slump to the ground, I will protect him agaisnt all comers Noble Purpose?

Your king will learn disappointment this day Ghoul, for now you face me, I will not let you have the Wizard or the Girl, My Oath on it.

I think this should be really dramatic to make a statement I need to make an impression, maybe they will flee so I wasnt this to be very intimadating, which I have some points in so might be complimentory; so will call upon power [my unknown mother, the Greek goddess of earth] to boost it up to sword 6

dice dont fail us now :)
Intimidation 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 2 = 5
sword attack:
4d3 - 8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 6 = 8 + any applicable bonus


Pure Human Ex-SAS

Noticing Grillan being knocked down Trip decides to help out.

Defense 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 2) - 8 + 3 = 0, spend fate point to get 1 net success
Attack 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 3) - 8 + 3 = 3, +2 if food fight still applies.

Trip catches the platter thrown at him and redirects it frisbie style at the Dragon Armoured man attacking Grillan.
"Try some crab cakes a*!~@!!%."


Evil GM
DSXMachina wrote:

Initiatives

DrArmour ⇒ 5 ACTED
Ghouls ⇒ 4 (1 -fighting, 2 -running)
Kenneth - 4
Jericho - 4 Taken Out
Trip - 3
Jack - 2 (still to act)
Danny - 1
Grillian - 1 Taken Out
Axe - 6

SCENE ASPECTS (all free tags used):
•'Blood on the Dance-floor'
•'Flaming Good Time'
•'Heart of Glass'
•'FOOD FIGHT!'

The discus of steel crab platter flies across the room, the Imperial Dragon knocks it out of the air comteptuously with his blade shedding more of the parasitic plant from the sword. But be the way he holds his shoulders it seems it was more tricky to block it than was evident.

Defense (Weapon) Vs Trips Attack 4d3 - 8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 2) - 8 + 5 = 4 Armour:3 absorbs any shifts

Aximeus' bounds over to join the grey dressed warden next to Jericho's still body. His blade moving as skillfully as hers and with the sudden introduction of a masterful combatant he rips through the ghouls stomach spreading it's intestines like a writhing mass of worms across the floor. The monster seems to ignore the fatal wound and even flings a loop of his stomach at the warden as it claws out.

Defense (Fists) Vs Aximeus' Attack 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 6 - Takes Major Consequence: Guts all over

Party Crashers' turn

Shuddering after dodging the crab platter discus, the Imperial Dragon-armed man stretches and from the back plates there is a creaking and a smell of burnt steel. Slowly metal bat wings tear themselves from the smooth finish of the armour, unfurling to a 5 metre span. The man looks contemptuously at the peons still of the floor.

The metal wings flap once, fanning the flames and sending ashes into the sky. The mans feet lift off the floor and he starts to hover upwards towards the hole in the ceiling. With another few sweeps of his wings he reaches level with the night sky.

He is 5-10 metres up escaping through the hole.

Ghoul 1

He is a bad way guts over the floor, for a second he dithers over who to attack...
Attacks 1-6 Aximeus, 7-12 Letitia the Warden, 13 Jericho! 1d13 ⇒ 6Aximeus
Making up his mind he lashes out quickly, trying to tear into them with its prodigious strength and an ancient Sumerian curse on it's lips.

Attack (Fists) Vs above AXIMEUS4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 4 = 4
Attack (Weapons) - Letitia Vs Ghoul 1 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 1) - 8 + 4 = 2
Defense (Fists) -Ghoul 1 Vs Letitia 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 5

Ghoul 2
Gnarled claws grab out at the young Alicia, leaving the faux Stradavarius on the floor. She stops screaming too traumatised by the events her white eyes staring at the drooling monster. With a jerk of his arms it cradles her in it's armpits - beneath it's arm it carries the girl as if she weighs nothing.

With inhuman speed it runs up the bleachers, towards the walls and the hole in the ceiling. The staring girl under his arm sheds silent tears.

Others
The rest of the triads/ oriental gangsters that can move are doing so. They are fleeing...
A few sirens wail louder.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

gm: what did my increase from sword 3 to sword 6 do on the last attack?

Defense
4d3 - 8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 1) - 8 + 6 = 5


Evil GM

Arrrgh sorry missed that, unfortunately your complimentary action did not add. 8 - 6 (defense) + 6(armour) -1(toughness) =7 shifts. -6 for major consequence gives 1 stress. Next hit will take it out, it's on it's last legs, literally, with a full physical stress boxes.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Oooo! This is TOO good! :) Presuming it's my turn to act? I have to at least TRY to stop this monster from escaping! Or are we still waiting on Jack? (I get lost.) :)

"No way. NO EFFIN WAY!" Danny curses in a surprisingly deep voice. He starts moving sideways, tracking the ghouls' movement. When it starts to climb he curses again.

"Danny! Here!" Calls a breathless Min from behind him. It seems the girls took Danny's shout to heart and ran for the stage (which was surprisingly carnage-free). Lin being lighter on her feet got there first, picked up the only available instrument she saw, and tossed it to Min with A strength born of adrenaline. Min ran back the few steps to Danny with speed born of the same and slapped it into his hand. She then huddles behind him. (Not hiding, if asked, but definitely using Danny as cover!)

Danny feels the wood and strings slap into his palm, and swings it around with a grunt of surprise at the weight. He hits the strings,...

And the most gosh-awful noise emerges. He looks down,...

"Oh come on, yer killin me!?!?"

Min slaps him on the back. Not softly. "It's all they left!"

Danny tries to find a way to finger the over-large board on the Japanese/guitar/sitar/whatevertheycallit, and bangs on it in frustration. A not-entirely discordant sound emerges. Danny looks up, and sees the ghoul is almost to the hole in the roof.

"Close enough!" He mutters, and begins banging on it like a percussive instrument. (Which, in a moment of later calm and clarity, he realizes is exactly what it is!)

Perform/Deceit:4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 3
free-tapping (my first time) 'FLaming Good Time!' for a +2, and self-tapping 1 fate point for 'All the world's a stage' Total is now +7

As Danny hits noisy chords, the flames burst from behind him like staged fireworks, and he loses himself in the music. He sings out in a voice that easily carries over the dull roar of rising flames.

"All in all we're just a brick in the wall!
All in all we're just a brick in the wall!"

And in a heartbeat, a solid wall of bricks covers the ceiling, blocking the ghouls' retreat.

Veil of illusion, I don't care a bit about dragon-man (I don't want to fight him!) ;P But Danny will be Darned if that ghoul is getting away with the girl!

"Hey fang-face! You don't want that! Try something with a little more meat on it's bones!" Danny calls, turning sideways to wiggle his heinie in what he hopes is a tempting gesture at the ghoul.


Evil GM

Everyone feel free to act.

1,151 to 1,200 of 4,239 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.