Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


1,101 to 1,150 of 4,260 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Evil GM

The dragon-armoured man looks to the youths, "Find the key and find him. Anything you wish to take elsewise you can hold." With a flick of his hand the youngsters move into the crowd. The ghouls move from flanking the man on stage and move towards the doors adding extra security from the pair of men that stand towards each door.

The dragon-man stands still on the stage slowly scanning the crowd.

Winding through the confused crowd about a score of Oriental (probably Chinese) men, most sport some gang tattoo's, bandana's across their faces. All are armed with either chains, knives or pistols. They move through the crowd ripping off jewelery, grabbing wallets from the men; but always trying to check the faces of the victims.

The tall blonde man with the mousey woman (the purple-van librarian), he picks her up in his arms as you would a child and he starts to move. Trying to find an exit.

Upon the confusion on the dance floor, the white clad woman knocks accidentally into a bohemian man. He falls to the floor amongst the crush and she accidentally steps upon his hand with a bone snapping crunch.

Everyone feel free to act.

Initiatives

Kenneth - 4
Jericho - 4
Trip - 3
Jack - 2
Danny & Axe - ?
Ghouls 4d3 - 8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 6 = 4
DrArmour & Gangers 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 3 = 5


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth curses mentally as the scene unfolds, Blasted dress codes not letting a man bring his sword...

He steps in front of one of the knife-wielding gangers and says, "Ah, laddie, I dinnae think those things be yours.", and then speaks, almost sings, a single word in Scotsgaelic, "Mailleach".

Brigid's power, the Flames of Kildare, the Fire of the Forge, flows through him, focussed by the woven Crasg around his neck, the power building within it, until tendrils of light and flame emerge from it, crossing and surrounding his body, weaving themselves into a tauberk of mail of light over his clothes.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Wow. Nice start! :) Sorry so slow, catching up,...

Danny waves off a couple of concerned looking party-goers as Tim helps Sarah slowly to the floor.

"No, she's fine, really, Just a little too much punch!" He says cheerfully. As he turns back he notices that Tim has already wiped the blood from Sarah's eyes with his handkerchief.

"Um, she IS fine, right?" He asks in a low voice.

Lin and Min return to find Danny, Axe and Tim huddled over Sarah. The group of guys alternate between trying to get her to drink water, to lay down on the floor, and standing up to get her to move to the side of the room.

"Men." Lin and Min say in disgusted unison. Their faces leave no doubt, they did NOT mean it as a compliment. They swiftly move in and take over, and Sarah is soon standing on her own, if still looking a little wobbly and pale. The group is So engrossed in this minor melodrama that they do not even notice the fog until it is already swirling around their ankles. Lin and Min each cling to one of Danny's shoulders, but he is as surprised as they.

"Um, nice special effects?" He jests hopefully. His wan grin fades when he sees the fog climbing UP the stairs,...

"Never seen special effects THAT good,..." He murmurs,... And there is a peal of thunder that drowns out the band, and the sound of the world exploding.

Danny clutches the girls to his chest as he goes to his knees, eyes closed tightly. He knows better than to look UP into a rain of broken glass. But even through his shock he is fairly certain that he should be feeling something,... more. At least more than the couple of tiny bumps he's felt so far,... He risks a glance up.

The first thing he sees is the face of Axe, bent over both him and the girls like a living lean-to, protecting them from the falling debris. Nearby Tim is doing almost the exact same thing for Sarah. Danny grins into Axe's face.
"We have to stop meeting like this! People are gonna HOLY MOLEY!" Danny stares past Axe at the hole ion the ceiling above, and the shape that is briefly illuminated by the lightning flash.

Lore; 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 1 = 4

Alertness: (Inhuman Speed gives +4 to Init): 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 4 = 1

"A dragon. A Chinese Dragon. Of course. Why am I surprised?" Danny mutters cheerfully to himself. He looks to the side to see the girls looking up also. Both sets of eyes wide with wonder, and fear.

"Danny?" Lin whispers,...

"What's going on?" Min adds, the normally unflappable twin sounding fearful at the appearance of the armored figure and his shouted instructions. The crowd bursts into sudden, frenzied panic at the robbery in progress. (A strangely delayed reaction considering the sight from a few moments ago.) It is only the strong bulk of Aximeus that prevents the trio from being trampled in the first few seconds of panic.

"What do they want?" One of the twins screams in his ear over the noise of the crowd screaming. Danny is so flabbergasted that he's not even sure which twin is screaming into which ear now.

"I don't know. But I'm pretty sure it's not an autograph!" He shouts back.

"Axe! I don't think those guys you spotted were security!" Danny shouts. (Pointing out the obvious in a time of crises IS one of Danny's better skills.) "Try to get to the wall! I can hide us til we figure out what's going on! Tim! Sarah! Follow us!" Danny shouts into the commotion.

Without waiting to see if Tim and Sarah heard him, Danny begins trying to maneuver the girls through the fear-maddened crowd. But he has already spent far too long rubbernecking like a tourist, trying to figure out what is going on, and finds his way blocked by a group of thugs yanking jewelry off of guests. He turns the other way, and spots more thugs, plus a couple of heavily tattooed bouncer-types with dirty-looking claws and teeth that can only be,...

"Ghouls. Oh this can NOT be good!" Danny complains to the universe at large. He looks around, licking his lips, and notices that the buffet tables are still standing. For now. Apparently even a panicked crowd still instinctively gives way to large objects in their path. Danny shoves the girls towards the Buffet.

"Just like a guy. Always thinking with their stomachs!" The girls complain, each one finishing the others statement. But they hustle in the direction indicated, already seeing what Danny has in mind.

Not bothering to reply, (Mainly because he's a little panicked himself, and can't think of a good comeback!) Danny tries to hurry the girls by pushing on their backs, he is already singing, although you can't really hear him over the panicked crowd.

Athletics (steering through crowd) 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 1) - 8 + 2 = 2


Evil GM

Every feel free to interact with anyone else's activities.

Kenneth

The man sneers, "They is now, blood." he stands in an affected stance as he brandishes the knife at Kenneth. "Not so big now are you?"

The knife point wavers at the celt with his shimmering armour; "What you doing stop that?"

Intimidate Attack (Defend with Empathy or Rapport or something you can justify) 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 2) - 8 + 1 = 3 else take social stress.


Ph:OOOO Mn:OOOO Sc:OOO FATE:3

Jack will do his fade into the shadows thing first. (already rolled it)


Evil GM

Thanks

Alright, I think I jumped the gun slightly with the initiative rolls; as the 'gate-crashers' are not going to start a fight.

What I will do instead is describe what is happening and feel free to jump in whereever.

The confused crowd starts to thin slightly and there is the occassional scream as someone has their objects stolen. The dragon-man scans the crowd carefully, his hand on the hilt of a weapon.


Evil GM

As he scans the crowd his vision pass over Jericho and Letitia, a brief expression of recognition brightens his eyes. With the merest of manual motions the dragon-armoured man calls over a trained tatooed gang-member; a whispered conversation sets the gang member off winding his way through the crowd...

Jack - out of the corner of your eye you see a dark form approaching Matthew, the man you followed here, the way the figure moves seems strange. Matthew is stood there with his girl-friend agog at the nights activities.

A low growl goes up near the buffet where the councilman is next to a growling dog as another gang-member approaches.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth stands before the ganger, studying him as though he were some special sort of dullard.

Presence (Defense): 1 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 1 + (1, 2, 1, 2) - 8 = -1
Ouch! Evil Fudge dice! Ok, then, spending a Fate point, invoking "WARRIOR-BARD OF OLD" - and rerolling...

Kenneth finally smirks, and says in a low voice, "Ach, lad, staring me down with a wee blade like that? I've faced demons and looked upon the face of a goddess. Truly, I quake before ye and your mighty blade, ye ken."

Presence (Defense): 1 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 1 + (3, 2, 3, 3) - 8 = 4 (Better...)

Ok, now I need adjudication -- I didn't prep my potion slots -- what would the Lore roll be to have pre-prepared a Summon Sword potion?


Evil GM

Lets say TN of 2; going to a Ball where you haven't got your weapon.

The man looks at him with a puzzled look on his face; "What you on about blood? Ya a p******, Gis us yer money or I'll stick ya." He gets very angry as you, as many have done before, question his authority. This feeling of inferiority translate to him attempting to strike.

Kenneth next.


Pure Human Ex-SAS

"I'm always prepared also." Trip says as he surreptitious pulls out his F-S fighting knife. "I was hoping for something with more firepower though."

"Any ideas on how to the guests out of here? Would the sprinklers do any good against the ghouls? I know it would affect the magic types."


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny shoves the girls under the nearest buffet table, (gently, but firmly) Then turns for a final look as he backs under the floor-length tablecloth to join them. (Hey, he's a lover, not a fighter!)
He is almost under when in the midst of the tension and occasional scream, he hears the growl of a dog.

"Gelert?!" Danny whispers hopefully, looking around. But it is not the fairie hound of the baskervilles, but simply a dog attending the party with a man standing near the buffet tables. The dog is growling at the approach of one of the Chinese gangsters approaching his master.

'It's either Scooby-Doo, or a seeing eye dog. And the suit doesn't look like Shaggy to me. Either way, this can't be good. Aw man,... I have GOT to trade in my sense of responsibility. It is WAY broken. Maybe I can get a better sense of Self-Preservation instead?'

"Stay here. Whatever happens. You know, unless all heck breaks loose, then run like h@ll." He tells the girls with a grin, then peeks back out of the tablecloth.

"And where the H, E Double-hockey-sticks did Axe go?" He mutters as he takes a breath, and then sings,...

FAirie Glamour, Performance/Deceit
4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 4 = 4

"Everybody was Kung-fu Fightin'!
Their moves wuz fast as lightnin'! "

Aw come on, you SAW this one coming! ;P

And from the sides, suddenly dash two more men, suited up very similar to the man with the dog, but obviously body-guard types. They move in front of the man with the dog, and perform a series of fast martial-arts moves used to intimidate opponents. (Danny has taken lessons with the girls. At their insistence. He's not really all that good yet, but he's seen a lot of very good moves.)

The newly arrived bodyguards stand there, daring the gangster mook to make a move.

Danny Hisses. "Hey mister. RUN!"

Hm, here's a new thought/twist on the illusion power. Can i make this a presence attack like on Ken earlier? Maybe scare the mook off before he actually tries to fight? Using the 4 I rolled for Performance? (I came up with a couple of possible aspects for it, but none that didn't sound like 'give me a free +2') :)

Happy Easter, and Good Night!


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

catching up; was out suddenly for the Easter weekend; hope you all had a good one

By Apollo's Golden Lyre! I think she might be a real prophet, wow

Axemeaus looks on as a shiver goes up his spine at the distant thunder

Alertness 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 1 = 2 +4 if this is for initiative
Lore 4d3 - 8 + 0 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 1) - 8 + 0 = 0

Axe tries to sheild the group moving people and debree as best he is able; Code of the Hero

Axe throws s huge chunk of falling debree to the side of the group, making it obvious to some that he is much stronger than an ordinary human
Over here Danny, the flippin cieling is coming down....what the heck is that, a what, oriental dragon...Are they good guys?
Axe stands in front of Min and Lin with a serious expression on his face caught between the tension of his duty to protect these girls and his general obligation to all mankind.

[ooc] Axe looks around to take stock in the situation [\ooc]

Danny, I think we should leave quietly with the girls...


Evil GM

"Trip"

Ms. Lauren with a swift flick of her leg, revealing a soft line of flesh as she pulls a thin blade from an ankle sheathe. She hides it carefully behind her forearm; "There's an exit behind the wings of the stage, and one downstairs, the main entrance. I think the only other exits are the windows of the WC, or the high-ish ones around here. I suppose we could make a break for it past the pair of vizi-ghouls." Her voice soft but all business, there is a gleam in her eyes of excitement she probably doesn't get at staff meetings.

Danny & Aximeus

Aximeus arrives back after seeing, in one corner the young lady who was dancing with Kenneth is on her mobile talking quietly to someone. To see...

As Danny crawls out from a table, and starts his performance. A husky dog with crystal clear blue eyes and soft white fur is barking at a shaven headed ganger holding a long cleaver, it's teeth slobbering as it protects it's 'master'. A trembling man in a suit his glasses askew and cracked. 2 suited-body-guard types jump out in front of the man and dog trying to scare the gangster off.

Husky Intimidate to add Aspect: Hungry like the Wolf. 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 2 = 2
GangMember Defence Rapport 4d3 - 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 2 + 2 = 4 he tags a armed and cocky tag for a +2 Vs the 6. So he takes a 2 stress social attack, he only has 2 boxes but the last is filled. [] [X]


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

I really hate ghouls,says Axe queitly, if they decide to carve up some people I am gonna make em wish they haddn't; so they steal a few trinkets, who cares....I thought ghouls were like from Africa, like Etheopia or somethin; never saw them in Korea or Vietnam, nor Thailand. I have fought VC and Chinese regulars back in the war but I aint seen nothing like this. Any of you know the low down on these jerks

Axe reviews his oriental swear words back from the wars he has fought in; just in case he needs to get some attention if it looks like these guys are gonna just start killing peeps; he will try to get their attention in a duel or something....he starts humming Kung Fu Fighting under his breath unconciously "huh huh; here comes the big boss; lets get it on"


Male Draconic Scion Ph: 000()()()() M: 0000 S:0000 Fate Points: 3

Grillan's plan to acquire the violin had been elegant in its simplicity, as he would have been the first to say. A small snuff box on a gold chain had served as one of his prepared talismans, opening a hole into a small pocket space in the NeverNever, from which he pulled a faerie produced replica of the Del Gesu. Using charm and the promise of a substantial donation to the University's music program, he had gotten Alicia a chance to play the real violin, and then simply swapped the fake and the real while showing her how to hold it. The real violin vanished into the snuff box, to be safely retrieved back within his personal lair.

He had almost gotten Alicia to return the fake violin for him, when the ceiling shattered and all hell broke lose.
Lore: Surprise! He knows a dragon when he sees one. 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 6

Grillan glared at the shape in the sky above him. "By Valentine's pox-ridden genitals, you did NOT just crash my party." He mutters under his breath, clearly irritated. With one hand he absently threw Alicia under a nearby table, wincing only slightly at the sound of wood breaking as she slid under the table. Well, so much for hoping they wouldn't be sending it out for authentication anytime soon. I wonder if fae craftsmanship will fool science? Probably not. The thought crossed his mind briefly, before he focused his gaze on the figures that were finding their way into the area. Hmph. Dropping off shock troops after disrupting my evening out. That is so damned rude.

Irritation nearly radiating from his body, Grillan kicked his way through the mist towards the dance floor, too angry to pay any attention to the falling glass as he strode through it and it shredded his suit. "Not even the good sense to do this quietly. Like a bull in a china shop, or maybe a hyena at the opera. No wonder people rarely tender us invitations to the party." The edge of a falling piece of glass cut his forehead just below the hairline, and blood splattered onto his suit.

Grillan stopped and stared at the blood stain for a long moment, almost as if in shock. His eyes slowly took in the cuts to the once fine garment, and then narrowed dangerously, before he lifted his head and pointed at the man on the stage. "You pint-sized, obstreperous, ungainly, misbegotten bastard! You'd best start planning on replacing this." A gesture indicated the suit, opalescent scale cuff-links flashing as his hand moved.

Alertness 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 1) - 8 + 1 = 1
I didn't bother filling out Grillan's talismans before the scene, but I hope you don't mind me wasting one on his acquisition method. Any thoughts on what the Lore roll would be fore the cuff-links to be biomantic talismans that will cause him to grow armor and/or claws?


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny waves at Axe, motioning him over with a clear Where the h@ll have you been?!? look on his face. He gives a small smirk when he hears Axe humming the same tune as his Illusion spell. He speaks swiftly between breaths, trying to keep his spell running.

"I think it's way past 'quietly' for anything! I'll guard the girls. Just help the geek with the glasses. The 'bodyguards' are mine!" His hands make the 'poof' gesture as he continues singing,...

Nice guys! This is gonna be good, I can tell! :)


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth smiles evenly as the punk gets more upset, "I dinnae ken if I hae any money, but I think I hae something for ye in my sporran."

He opens the pouch and reaches in to grab the vial he has prepared there... [ Lore: 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (1, 1, 2, 1) - 8 = 1 (Ouch. What did I do to you, fudge dice?) ] ... and doesn't find what he was looking for. Oh, bugger!

He looks to the ganger once more and says, "Look, lad, what I was going to do would hae been terribly impressive, and ye'd be staring in awe at me even as I beat you down... But, it looks like we'll have to do this the hard way."

He watches another look of confusion cross the ganger's face, and then smiles as the man's rage burns it away. He continues in his condescending tone, "Ye should ken, one thing, lad, as you prod with your wee knife, and that's that you're threatening a true Scot. We're the folk who invented the claidheamh mòr, so I cannae be terribly worried about a blade wee-er than what I use for shaving. Also, as ye may not ken, we're a people that's been betrayed o'er and o'er again by the English at occasions just like this one..."

His right hand darts down to his hose, drawing the sgian-dubh kept there, and finishes his lesson, "...so we're always armed in formal dress."

He quickly strikes his opponent's knife-wielding hand, attempting to force him to drop his weapon.

Weapons: 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (3, 2, 1, 3) - 8 = 4

He then brandishes the wide blade with a flourish, "So to answer your earlier question, I cannae say I'm feeling any smaller. So how about ye give these nice people back their things, before I get cross?"


Male Ferromancer

"It seems our dance partners have set the tune. Shall we see if we can follow?" Jericho says, putting on what he's come to think of as his 'game face'. Metal flows easily over him, making him seem a mighty champion in silver, and he stands from the crowd with a declaration. "You threaten the innocent people of York and it's supernatural community. On my authority as Protector, I declare your actions to be both wrong and unlawful. Cease, and leave, or you will face the Iron Knight, a Warden of the White Council, A Demigod of old, The Dragon of York, and the Herald of Brigid." As he spoke Jericho's arm lengthened into a spike of silver and Letitia draw her Warden's blade beside him. "You crashed the wrong party boys. Now leave."

Alright, gonna go all out with this one. Spending Fate Points to Tag the following: Stop Trying to keep us Down, Letitia's Aspect In the Name of The Wardens, Ken's Burns with Righteous Fury, Rill's No Power But Mine.
Social Attack on the whole scene:4d3 - 8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 8 = 8
With that roll I just made a 5 Difficulty Attack on every enemy in the scene


Evil GM

Wow...

Kenneth slashes at the man's hand trying to get him to drop his weapon. The dirk catches the hilt of the blade and it goes tumbling to the floor, the man looks on with fury at the Celts insults and launches himself at the man.

Weapon Defense (GK1) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 2) - 8 + 3 = 2

Jericho's call rings out around the room demanding that they exit the party...

The demand echoes throughout the room and down to the lower floor, the confused pordinary people quail and fall to the floor. Crawling and ducking for the exits. Half of the Oriental mobsters on the lower floor near the buffet and exit head for it too. The others are badly shaken (ASPECT: Minor - Shaken on all those downstairs). The tattooed ghouls despite their towering Prescence by the doors hear Jericho, the Iron Knights words and become enraged leaing there posts as they charge to the call. (ASPECT: Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour on the ghouls) They start moving through the crowd upstairs - their claws not caring what they leave in their wake.

Bolstered imperceptably by the prescence of their leader those on the upper dance/stage area are still badly affected by Jericho's announcement...

The man on the stages eyes cloud a midnight black at the words and he bellows; "Michael, you will not tell us what to do again! You have meddled in the affairs of our people enough. Blood will out!" He waves to the ghouls coming up the stairs, towards Jericho.

Empathy Defense (Gangs - Lowers) 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 2) - 8 + 2 = 2
Empathy Defense (Gangs - Uppers) 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 2 = 3
Empathy Defense (Ghouls) 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 1) - 8 + 2 = 0
Empathy Defense (Dragon_Armoured) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 3 = 3

Grillians call on the heels of the Iron Knights draws the attention of the armoured fellow; "You western heretic, your insults are as weak as your sword arm. Prepare yourself" As he jumps from the stage....


Evil GM

Grillian- Looking at the rules for Thauaturgy, for duration it's +3/+4 to lore roll for duration depending upon whether you want 1 or 3 minutes. So Claws would be Lore 5 for a minute; Armour = value +3 or 4. How does that sound?

After Grillians' action...

Crashers' Turn

Landing heavily upon the dance floor the whole of the floorboards ripple and bow in a concentric ring; then they unnaturally explode hitting everyone with a shower of splinters. The man draws a long sword from his back and stands straight facing the once finely dressed Grillian.

Splinter Explosion (Area) 4d3 - 8 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 7 - 3 = 4 - Everyone on the upper tier area make either Athletics,Fists,Weapons Defences

A pair of ghouls burst upon this upper deck, one sprints towards Jericho at the Dragon-mans' insistence. The other sniffs the air and stalks amongst the party-goers carefully. Reaching Jericho the heavilly tatooed ghoul swipes out with his claws, the air around him smells of a deep rich inscense as the razor sharp fingers slice it with a whistle.

Fists Attack 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 5

Launching himself at Kenneth the man tries to ride him to the floor under a flurry of blows. Whilst he calls to his friend "Xian; I have a wise guy, lets give him a kicking, bro."

Fists Attack 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 1) - 8 + 2 = 4

The skin-head facing the councilman and husky is rocked by the exploding floor but lunges at the suited fellow. The Husky interposes it's bulk in the attack as the cleaver draws a line down the abdomen, but it fights on.

Defenses as above with an additional one from Jericho & Kenneth


Ph:OOOO Mn:OOOO Sc:OOO FATE:3

I'm still in the middle of moving, I'll try to catch up tonight.


Evil GM

That's cool.

You also notice that Matthew and his girl are hidden in a corner - the dark figure is slowly moving towards them seemingly apart from the general chaos of the ball-room. It's progress is slow and cautious as glides around the edge of the room.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

DSX:
Would Kenneth be able to bring up his shield to try to protect people from the splinter-attack? I would imagine that there'd be a lot of civilian carnage and/or injured gangers from the blast, and Kenneth's whole protector of mankind thing would have him at least trying to throw up a magical block -- probably based on his rote spell, but for everyone -- at least enough to not have people dropping dead from the blast. Or would that take his action (and he's already used that to disarm the thug?)


Male Draconic Scion Ph: 000()()()() M: 0000 S:0000 Fate Points: 3
DSXMachina wrote:

Grillian- Looking at the rules for Thauaturgy, for duration it's +3/+4 to lore roll for duration depending upon whether you want 1 or 3 minutes. So Claws would be Lore 5 for a minute; Armour = value +3 or 4. How does that sound?

Sounds more than fair. I'm gonna assume none of them would have been prepared for more than a minute, given the fact that Grillan definitely didn't go into this party planning on a huge fight... at the worst he expected to subdue or run away from a security guard or two and a musician. It's also why I'm dropping the idea of him having brought one for claws... his goal was theft, not conflict, so coming prepared to tear out throats wouldn't have made much sense for him planning his accouterments for the evening. I'd like to call that a self compel of his Let Cooler Heads Prevail aspect, as his lack of options was brought about by planning for something different than what he ended up in, if you're cool with that.

Armor 3 Talisman (Goal-Lore 6):4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 3) - 8 + 4 = 6
Dodge the Splinter explosion (athletics):4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 1) - 8 + 1 = -1


Evil GM

Kenneth:
Yes, that sounds reasonable. You can make the defense, I would probably say as a supplimental action for the next round (giving a -1 to your next rounds attack action). I would have it as a variant for Dìdean, whereby you could negate the attack (with a block for most NPC's in the area.
It would be a Lore roll, TN:5 - this will make sure all the civilians are not injured (or only slightly). Brigid healing fires burn up the splinters before it harms the people of the Isles. It will cost 1 mental stress.

Does that sound reasonable? Also you will have to make your own avoidance role.

Grillian Certainly, the self-compel is reasonable. Especially with the calling out of the armoured figure and lack of claws. BTW I take it Grillian is more of a classical Western Dragon, than a serpentine Eastern one.

Splinter explosion(Grillian)= 4 - (-1)+1(weapon)-3(armour)= 3 physical stress.


Male Draconic Scion Ph: 000()()()() M: 0000 S:0000 Fate Points: 3
DSXMachina wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Grillian Certainly, the self-compel is reasonable. Especially with the calling out of the armoured figure and lack of claws. BTW I take it Grillian is more of a classical Western Dragon, than a serpentine Eastern one.

Splinter explosion(Grillian)= 4 - (-1)+1(weapon)-3(armour)= 3 physical stress.

Most definitely an accurate judgement of how I envision him. I'm a bit confused by the math there (I get 4 -1 +1 -3 = 1), but to make sure I understand the system correctly, 3 physical stress would mean I mark off the third box in my physical stress track, right? I have to admit that while I have and am reading the books, I've never actually used the system before.

Grillan had been crossing his arms even before the man struck, pressing the cuff-links firmly into the palm of each hand to activate their contained magic. All things considered, he had not been quite fast enough, as the scales that grew outwards from them had barely managed to cover his forearms before the shards came whistling through the air.

The dragon nearly fell as he leaned backwards, forearms rising instinctively to protect his face, dropping fully into the mist for a moment before rising again. His once fine suit was virtually gone now, the splinters tearing away shirt and jacket as they had peppered his skin. Where the scales covered his body, the splinters had spun harmlessly away, but the sheer speed of the armored man's reaction had meant more than a few found their home. The scales, each a perfect match for the cuff-links Grillan had been wearing, continued their inexorable growth across his skin, sawing through the splinters that had found flesh as they formed, leaving portions of wood trapped beneath the layer of armor, embedded in the dragon.

It had been only a few moments, and the scales, flecked with minor streaks of blood from where the flesh beneath them wept, now covered Grillan entirely, transforming his face into a vaguely draconian countenance. Every movement of his body as he straightened set their edges to slicing through what little fabric of his outfit remained, as though he were wearing a thousand obsidian daggers. Grillan paused, not quite standing straight yet, using his right hand to recover the important pieces of his outfit, the talismans that were fashioned from his hoard. The cuff-links has become a part of him now, but the minature snuff box on it's golden chain he wrapped around a wrist, turning it into an awkward looking charm bracelet. A monocle, empowered to aide in bypassing security systems, was attached to the chain by a clip. His left hand, meanwhile, trailed through the broken glass and shattered wood as though searching for something.

Oh hell he's fast. I really wish this wasn't going to be a stand up fight. Grillan took a long moment to study the man as he finished straightening, his gaze shifting over the assembled members of the supernatural community who were present. And he's got me in a place where I can't back down. Not without inviting all and sundry to stop taking me seriously. Making this look good enough to prevent that is going to be painful. Slowly he rolled his shoulders and fixed his gaze on the armored figure, both his hands grinding closed into fists. Well, all armor has weak spots. Let us see if that suit remembers how its last wearer died. Gotta get inside that sword's reach safely before it will tell me, though. And maybe after it tells me I can find a nice little alcove in the manor for it... "Which of my heresies are you referring to? There's so many I lose count of them, most days. And at least I'm not some lowly peasant... don't think I failed to count the number of toes on your companion."

It wasn't like Grillan really cared about the answer, he tried to tell himself, even as he admitted it would be nice to know. The question itself was just a distraction, and then he was darting forward, the handful of glass and wood that he'd been grinding in the scaled fingers of his left hand hurled out and into the face of the armored man. Small but jagged pieces and fine dust flew towards the dragon mask, in a quick attempt to blind his foe.

Attempting a maneuver to BLIND the man in dragon armor, so that Grillan will be able to close and use pyschometry on the armor itself in (relative) safely. I figure the glass and wood should make use of the weaponry or athletics skill, but since they're both the same for Rill, which one in particular doesn't matter.4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 2) - 8 + 1 = 1


Pure Human Ex-SAS

At the outbreak of violence Trip will use his most commanding voice and start shouting at the party goers to run for the main entrance while moving as quickly as I can to the nearest bad guy, knife at the ready.
"EVERYBODY OUT NOW!!! YOU HEARD ME PEOPLE START MOVING TOWARDS THE MAIN ENTRANCE. SPECIAL SECURITY WILL HANDLE THE THEIVES. GET MOVING FAST AS YOU CAN, MOVE!!!

Presence or empathy to get the crowd moving.4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 2 = 0
I apparently still haven’t upgraded Tripp to a 30 point build, will do as soon as I have access to my books.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Danny looks up, wide-eyed.

"Was that, Jericho?!?" He whispers hoarsely to Axe.

"Remind me not to make him mad at me!" He nods firmly.

Then the upper floor rocks from a powerful explosion, and the large gangster attacks the pudgy glasses-wearing man,... in a flash the dog interposes.

Danny glances back, and sure enough, Lin and Min are both peeking out from under the tablecloth.

'Of course. Why stay safe when we can stick our necks out and get into trouble? Okay, THAT does it mister! NO one upstages me, in front of the girls, at a PARTY!'

Danny cracks his knuckles, and opens his mouth,...

Wolf Moon

The party day
You'll be bleeding again,
And in Lupine ways,
We'll alleviate the pain

Unholy water
Sanguine addition
Those silver bullets
a last blood benediction

It is the moon time
when there's iron in the air
A rusted essence
Now it's time for you to fear

Hey wolf moon
come cast your spell on me,
Hey wolf moon
come cast your spell on me

No time to run boy
Why don't you just give in now?
No where to hide boy
The wolves are on the prowl now

Beware
the fog at night!
Beware
the lunar light!

So in this grey haze
We'll be meeting again
And on that great day
I will kill you all the same

Performance/Deceit 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 4

Danny imaginary friends drop down into the fog, and the fog around them begins to roil,...

SLowly they start to rise, then rear up in all their glory! Where the two 'bodyguards' once stood, now stands two very large, very scary werewolves! With twin large, scary, toothy grins they slowly lower themselves back into the fog, which ripples as they move towards the bully boy,...

Placing an aspect on the lower floor, 'Creepy Fog' for another +2, AND tapping Danny's 'Dating a teenage triads!' (Danny is showing off) for another +2 to Danny's roll for a total of +8.
Now, do Presence attacks actually DO anything? (make them run away?) or just give negatives (like embarrassed?) Because if I can't scare this guy into running, then I'll use the 'scary werewolves' thing as a block, to prevent his next attack. (Described as keeping him so busy worrying about the 'werewolves' that he basically loses his action) But I'm hoping to scare him off, (Presence) so there you go,... :)


Evil GM

Important Rule: Complimetary Skills
If you could use one of two skills, you can roll a primary skill - like Grillian has done with Weapons to blind the Dragon-armoured. Then you can roll the other if you equal or beat the roll you can add a +1 to the total!!! (Failure is a -1!!)(page 204?)

Grillian
Unfortunately it was a 3 shift since you got a -1; thus there is a 5 shift difference. 2 of which is mitigated by the armour (after weapon damage).

"Your heresy is a heresy of the blood, you are not a true dragon, but one of the false ones." he snarls.

The armoured man draws his long Chinese Sword, the hilt covered it a green plant or vine that runs up the length a the steel. Then Grillian throws the debris into his eyes, the mist of sharp objects hits his mask as he tries to turn away. A cloud a detritus hangs in the air, getting in the way of his sight.

Athletics Complimentary skill use 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3) - 8 + 1 = 4 - He has the temporary Aspect: Blinded. This is good for one use.

Danny, et all

Presense attacks (although it's generally Deceit or Intimidation) work like social attacks, with like physical can mean the winner forces to loser to 'conceed' (Ie. Dead/KO'd/leave humilated - drop out of comabat).

Now if you attack 1 person, you apply all shifts to them. For an area it's a -3, or you can split between the targets (Eg. 4 to a ganger, 4 to another)

Defense (Rapport) 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 3) - 8 + 2 = 2 - He takes too many stress (& a consequence) and flees

The wolves howl a amongst the turmuluous mists as they give off a faint phosphorescense, the maws drip with saliva and hunger. The husky joins in the packs' howl, it's bloody flank adding to the eerie sight as it seemingly ignores the wound.

The man looks at where there were once trained bodyguards and now wolves, the announcement from the Hall and Jericho. His nerve breaks dramatically. Bug-eyed he looks around; deciding he wants to live. He throws his cleaver which smashes a high level window, the with a maneuver that Jackie Chan would be proud of he vaults up a wall. His fingers catching the lip of the window, in one fluid motion he heaves himself up and through the hole and into the night below. A few seconds later there is a splash as he hits the lake below.

The husky sniffs at the illusionary wolves, then seems to shake and stretch with a popping of bones and cartilage the muscles change shape and the fur rescinds. With a pleasing shake, before you stands the voluptuous form of Bunny, the lady with the armfull champagne earlier, very obviously naked. The wound to her side knitting together as the eye watches her.

"♥Thanks for that strange non-smelly wolves?!♥" sha says in her sing song voice.

Defenses from those in the Dance Floor/Upper level -Except for Grillian(already done)


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

WHICH geek with glasses smirks Axe.
look Danny, there girls are not getting out of my sight until they are either safe or it is the best option for them to be safe; got any idea what the threat level is to us; looks like a few groups here; not sure what they want; but am of a mind to not let any of them have it

QUOTE="Danny Kaye"] Danny waves at Axe, motioning him over with a clear Where the h@ll have you been?!? look on his face. He gives a small smirk when he hears Axe humming the same tune as his Illusion spell. He speaks swiftly between breaths, trying to keep his spell running.

"I think it's way past 'quietly' for anything! I'll guard the girls. Just help the geek with the glasses. The 'bodyguards' are mine!" His hands make the 'poof' gesture as he continues singing,...

Nice guys! This is gonna be good, I can tell! :)


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Aximeus, after hearing Jerico's bold clarion call to battle stands up straight as the cry of thousands of ancestors cry out in his blood for battle. oh, that geek, must be what Danny meant.

Honored Ancestors, Gird the son of your loins for Battle as the foe appears to oppressyour children. Hear me my fellow Americans! we of this democratic republic shall not let these villians bully us, stand with us for the power is with the people. Veterans to me; others vacate to the rear!

Axe summons his equipments and is suddenly clad as an ancient spartan warrior.

Come Daniel, Lady Min and Lady Lin, let us stand with Jerico the Protector

Axe strides throug hthe rubble to stand at Jericho's traditional sheild side and gives him a nod and gives all the villians a deathly intimidating stare cold as the earth.
Intimidation
4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 2 = 0

---
edited text as my grammar went to mud


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Axe would like to bend fate by using a point; roll was less than inspiring, not sure on the mechanics, so with equipment summon; that would be two fate points


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

defense roll
4d3 - 8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 1) - 8 + 6 = 5


Evil GM

Aximeus

Spending a Fate Point gives either a re-roll or a +2 to the roll; if you can use an Aspect - 'Noble Purpose'.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Ok, so, from the book, the 5 shifts of power I can safely bring up (thanks to the defensive focus), loses 2 if I want to shield multiple allies in the zone, becoming a Block 3. Because this is being thrown together on the fly, and because of the whole multi-directionality, I assume that Kenneth will be weaving his shield around the blast itself, so I (sadly) can't exclude the gangers from my protection. Also, I assume the fact that I'm doing this means Kenneth can't take any other actions to block the blast...

As the man lands and the blast begins to echo, Kenneth finds his attention turned from the ganger before him to what's happening on the stage. He shifts the sgian-dubh to his left hand and grabs the Crasg Brìghde, drawing the Flames of Kildare to himself and through it. "Archer's Heart, aid me!", he whispers, and then shouts, "Mòr-Dìdean!" The Flames burning within him, he quickly weaves a shield from streams of the Fire of the Hearth and the Fire of the Forge, trying to contain the explosion, shouting, "Dìdean Tomadach!".

Discipline Roll: (Disc 4, +1 control from focus, controlling 5 shifts of power): 4 + 1 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + 1 + (3, 3, 2, 2) - 8 = 7 Success! Everyone in the zone should benefit from a 3-shift block. Kenneth takes 1 mental stress.

He grits his teeth as the blast and shards strike the shield, and his eyes widen as the blast tears through it... though he smiles in pride and triumph as he sees that the wave of deadly shrapnel has been reduced to a stinging cloud of splinters.

"Thank you, lady," he whispers as the blast reaches him, the force of it absorbed by the mail of light he wears.

4 shift attack, -3 shifts from the block, vs. armor 2 from the Mailleach, which persists.

And, part 2... Weapons (block vs. ganger): 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (1, 1, 1, 2) - 8 = 0 Force 3 fists attack, -2 for armour, leaves 1 physical stress.

So focused on saving the crowd, it isn't until a twitch of movement in his peripheral vision draws Kenneth's attention back to the thug, who is already swinging. Ach, a fine way to treat the man who just saved your life, lad. He tries to bring up the dirk in his off hand, but he was just too slow, and the attack lands home, though the worst of the impact is absorbed by the hauberk of light.

"Ach, hardly sporting, attacking a bloke while he's distracted. Still, if that's the best ye can dae, bro, then it's small wonder ye need Xian's help." He shifts the knife back to his right hand as he says that, and then adds with a wink, "How about ye both give these nice people back their things and best run home tae yer mammies, before I have tae spank ye?"

Hearing Trip's shout, he turns his head and adds loudly, "Aye, listen to the man. Get ye gone tae somewhere safer than here. I cannae be sure I can dae that again!"

With his head still turned over his shoulder, he adds in a sweet voice, "Dinnae worry, Xian. Ye can be next, lad. There's a whole lot ay me tae go around." Though I'm going to have to start taking them down before they swarm me.

He then turns back to face to the original thug, his voice dripping with condescension, with a halting tone, as if speaking to a slow child, "There, now, ye hae my full attention. Dinnae fret, one of the roles of bard is to pass on his wisdom, and so 'tis my duty tae educate you... even if ye be too slow tae pick up yer lessons quickly. That's why I had tae take away your wee toy blade, before ye hurt yerself with it."

He waves his left hand in front of himself and whispers "Mailleach", renewing the armour just as it starts to unravel.

He smiles again, "Next lesson: Ye cannae beat someone ye cannae harm."


Evil GM

Awesome Kenneth. Just one thing the Dìdean Tomadach will act as Armour rather than a block, as a block is useless unless it beats the attack.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Ok, then I'll take 2 mental stress and use 6 shifts of power, which should make a blanket armour 2? (6 shifts - 2 for group -> 4 shifts, halved is 2)? Updated stress track to reflect that -- should be the same effect other than that in terms of what I described, and now anyone in the blast (including allies) will benefit from 2 armor against it -- which I think helps Rill?


Male Ferromancer

The blast of splinters is not expected and Jericho is stunned for a moment, but it seems that Kenneth has it handled, so he ignores the stinging needles without an issue. "Then you have chosen unwisely." Korben proclaims with a dark look. "So be it." Michael? Who the hell is Michael?

Hoping that Letitia will be able to handle herself, Jericho throws himself forward toward the ghouls on the dance floor, and with a swirling motion, throws out a spike toward every ghoul around as he dips and dodges through the innocents, hoping whoever yelled can sheperd them to safety. He sees Grillan challenging the leader and decides to leave him to it, most likely he could handle himself better than Jericho could in single combat.

Tapping My Father's Gauntlet and making a full zone attack at Weapon: 4 on all enemies in the dance floor zone.
Attack:4d3 - 8 + 7 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 7 = 7 Just enough... woot.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Ok; Aspect is fine and will use +2 roll. Are we at the point where I hit somebody yet? I dont remember any initiative.

DSXMachina wrote:

Aximeus

Spending a Fate Point gives either a re-roll or a +2 to the roll; if you can use an Aspect - 'Noble Purpose'.


Evil GM

Yep feel free to attack as you wish. Basically everyone can act then I will.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

"Wow. Nice moves Jackie Chan!" Danny says with sincerity as the gangster vaults out the window.

Bunny wrote:
"♥Thanks for that strange non-smelly wolves?!♥" she says in her sing song voice.

Danny grins in unabashed delight at the naked blonde bombshell. "MY pleasure. Oh, sorry,... they're with me!" he says with a slight bow as the phantom-wolves begin to fade. (It is pure coincidence that the slight bow allows him a better look at her entire form, and not just her face.)

At the sound of a quiet 'A-hem!' from behind him, Danny swiftly schools his face into a look of pure concern. He quickly doffs his tux coat and offers it to the voluptuous bombshell.

"I'm Danny, and this is Lin and Min. They're with me too." He adds straight-faced. As she accepts the coat with a girlish giggle and 'Oops!' worthy of Marylin Monroe herself, Danny wisely decides to change his focus to the man with the glasses. All the better to NOT look as she wiggles pleasantly into it. The jacket actually almost manages to cover everything important on the short but buxom blonde. Almost.

'I do NOT need to invite trouble! Trouble has NO problem finding me on it's own without ANY help!' Danny reminds himself firmly.

"Hey mister, you alright?" He asks, helping the man stand back up as Lin and Min move forward to assist a fellow female in trouble. (Or maybe just make sure that Danny's not TOO helpful?)

Aximeus wrote:

Aximeus, after hearing Jerico's bold clarion call to battle stands up straight as the cry of thousands of ancestors cry out in his blood for battle. oh, that geek, must be what Danny meant.

Honored Ancestors, Gird the son of your loins for Battle as the foe appears to oppressyour children. Hear me my fellow Americans! we of this democratic republic shall not let these villians bully us, stand with us for the power is with the people. Veterans to me; others vacate to the rear!

Axe summons his equipments and is suddenly clad as an ancient spartan warrior.

Come Daniel, Lady Min and Lady Lin, let us stand with Jerico the Protector

Axe strides throug hthe rubble to stand at Jericho's traditional sheild side and gives him a nod and gives all the villians a deathly intimidating stare cold as the earth.

"What? Wait! Axe, what happened to not leaving the girls,... side? Ah boy. Here we go again!" Danny protests feebly, throwing his hands in the air.

"Lin, Min? I think it's time to leave. Sorry One day I Promise to escort you to a party that's NOT interrupted by some escaped lunatic from the circus!" He says with a smirk. Meanewhile Danny's eyes dart around the room, watching Jericho's sudden flurry of motion and spellcasting with suitable awe, but more interested in seeing if the way out is unguarded now that the ghouls have been invited to dance?


Evil GM

Sorry for the late update my brains a bit fried. I'll get to all the defenses and their actions, later.

Initiatives

Axe - 6 Intimidate
DrArmour & Gangers ⇒ 5
Ghouls ⇒ 4
Kenneth - 4 Defense?
Jericho - 4 Area Attack
Trip - 3 Getting crowd moving
Jack - 2 Still to Act
Danny - 1 Acted removed ganger
Grillian - 1 Blind Maneuver

EDIT: Thanks, as I said my brain is fried atm


DSXMachina wrote:

Sorry for the late update my brains a bit fried. I'll get to all the defenses and their actions, later.

Initiatives

Axe - 6 Intimidate
DrArmour & Gangers ⇒ 5
Ghouls ⇒ 4
Kenneth - 4 Defense?
Jericho - 4 Area Attack
Trip - 3 Getting crowd moving
Jack - 2 Still to Act
Danny - 1 Acted removed ganger
Grillian - ? Blind Maneuver

Rill is also at on a 1.


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Kenneth: Defense; reactivate rote armour spell


Evil GM
DSXMachina wrote:


Initiatives

Axe - 6
DrArmour & Gangers ⇒ 5
Ghouls ⇒ 4
Kenneth - 4
Jericho - 4
Trip - 3
Jack - 2 Still to Act - Moving
Danny - 1
Grillian - 1

Thanks, my brian was fried but it's been rejuvinated by beer. :)

Defense (Rapport) Vs Ghoul14d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 1 = 1 - Axe

An explosion as the gauntlet of Jericho skewers the ghouls moving throughout the dance floor. It flies back to him.

Defense (Fist) Vs Ghoul14d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 2) - 8 + 4 = 5 - Jericho
Defense (Fist) Vs Ghoul24d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 3 - Jericho
Defense (Weapon) Vs DragonArmoured4d3 - 8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 3) - 8 + 5 = 3 - Jericho

Trip shouts to the people to get out, his military nature and vocals marshalling the people to leave the area. Miss Lauren adds her voice to the mix augmenting his words with the official voice of authority. "This is the vice-chancellor; party is over. Everyone out!" she calls.

There appears to be only a score of people left about, mostly those with minor injuries (trampling, glass injuries and the like) as they crawl, hobble and limp their ways down the stairs and outside.

The woman in white, helps the Artist with the smashed hand down the stairs. To one side Becca, the vampire with blue-hair, is feeding upon a Chinese gang member. A serene look crosses her visage.

Lore or Alertness 6:
A tall, muscular blonde man hides behind a veil. In his arms protectively is a mousey librarian woman. He looks intensely at the dragon-man an inscrutable expression upon his face.

Along with the score of innocents, there are about a handful of triad/yakuza with cleavers, they look uncertain by all the intimidating people about however they know that if they do not follow orders a worse fate might await them.

The first ghoul takes a swipe with razor sharp claws at Jericho's mid-section, it's movements lightning fast.

Attack (Fists) Ghoul-1 Vs Jericho 4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 4 = 5 Claw:2

The second ghoul is sniffing aroiund the stage moving towards a wooden table nearby.

The armoured man looks to the Dragon, beneath the mask a smirk of assurity crosses his face. He faints with the long blade as the leaves with their white seeds fall from the over-sized weapon, the sound of it slicing through the air is enough to generate fear in even the stoutest soul. He pushes his attack further forward, pressing the position.

Attack (Weapon) Dragonman Vs Grillian 4d3 - 8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 2) - 8 + 5 = 4

Danny - As you look to move out of there; a man stands in your way. Saffron skin he leans upon a column with a smirk; "Girls you need a real man, not that pasty immitation. Here let me solve it for you." He brings back his foot and tries to kick Danny in the 'gentlemans area'.

Attack (Fists) Ganger 'Xian' Vs Danny 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 1) - 8 + 3 = 1

Aximeus - A youth rushes at him shrieking a loud call, Aximeus realising that this overly agressive stance is a basic ploy turns to find another man thrusting at him from a flanking position with his knife.

Attack (Weapon) Ganger 3 Vs Aximeus 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 1) - 8 + 3 = 1 - Putting an Aspect: 'Blindsided' on Aximeus
Attack (Weapon) Ganger 2 Vs Aximeus 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 3) - 8 + 3 = 3 Knife:1

Kenneth - The man is joined by his friend as they sweep in unison at the Celtic warrior. Knives glistening on the dance-floor.

Attack (Weapon) Ganger 4 Vs Kenneth 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 3 = 6 - Cleaver:2
Attack (Weapon) Ganger 5 Vs Kenneth 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 3) - 8 + 3 = 4 Knife:1

Trip - Lauren looks on and backs off as from a nearby shadow the grasping hands reach for her - tearing the strap of her dress. He then turns of the military man, a quick thrust kick to the mid-riff and the triad hopes the mature man will be done.

Attack (Fists) Ganger 6 Vs Trip 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 3) - 8 + 3 = 3 - Fists


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Wow,... and here we go! :)
Defense vs Ganger kick (Fists) 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 2) - 8 + 2 = 4

Lore: 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 1 = 0
He don' see nuthin'!

"This is the vice-chancellor; party is over. Everyone out!"

"Hey, you heard the lady! Let's go girls!" Danny says, indicating for the girls to precede him with a half bow.

"It was a boring party anyway,..." He murmurs as he looks about.

His new acquaintance 'Bunny' was helping the injured man towards the door already. (Was he going to get that jacket back? And did he get to be there when she took it off? He idly wondered.) Danny grew decidedly pale when his glance passed over the punk-vamp Becca enjoying her 'Man-which'. He mentally underlined his previous mental note about NOT ticking off vamps, and then meeting them at parties.

With a sudden flurry of noise and motion, the remaining people in the room all seemed to explode into action around him. Danny rubbernecks furiously for a moment, trying to see everything at once.
"Axe! Look out!" He cries, too late as the Grecian warrior is beset by a pair of knife wielders.

"Aw, nevermind. If knives is all they got, THEY'RE the ones who need help!" He murmurs with a smirk as the large man springs into action like a cat. A mountain lion cat. Danny is still smirking when he turns back to the girls,... and face to face with another ganger.

Saffron skin he leans upon a column with a smirk; "Girls you need a real man, not that pasty immitation. Here let me solve it for you." He brings back his foot and tries to kick Danny in the 'gentleman's area'.

Pumped up on nerves and adrenaline, Danny dodges the clumsy kick with ease. He springs back a step and the kick whistles through empty air, momentarily throwing the surprised ganger off-balance.

"Yeah, right. Good luck with that! YOU wouldn't know a real man if he kicked your @$$!" Danny snaps back as, adrenaline still buzzing in his ears, he bounces forward again to snap his own kick at the one leg the man is standing on,...

Above defense roll of 4 vs the att of 1, 3 shift for defense. Does that allow me to tag the ganger with a aspect to help my attack? :)

Attack(Fists): 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 3) - 8 + 2 = 3
I would LUV to tag 'Xian' with the temp aspect 'one leg to stand on' for a +2 to that attack?! :) That would be a total of 5.


Ph:OOOO Mn:OOOO Sc:OOO FATE:3

Jack will attempt to create darkness around the head of the approaching bad guy, in an attempt to blind them.

murmurs something incomprehensible

So that's +4 for conviction and and 1 mental stress?

4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 3) - 8 + 4 = 3

"You two, move, get out of here NOW!"


Male Warrior-Bard of Old; Herald of Brigid Stress: P: OOOO M:OOOO S:OOO; Fate Points: 2

Lore roll: 4 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 4 + (1, 1, 2, 1) - 8 = 1 ... failed.

Kenneth steps back and smiles, "Ach, ye couldnae just wait your turn, could ye?" He ducks into a fighting stance and begins to whip the wide-bladed sgian-dubh from hand to hand, attempting to block the incoming attacks.

Defense vs. Ganger 4: Weapons: 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (3, 1, 3, 3) - 8 = 5
1 shift unblocked, attack succeeds, Cleaver 2 + 1 = 3 - 2 armor = 1 physical stress, rolls up to 2nd.

Defense vs. Ganger 5: Weapons: 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (1, 1, 2, 3) - 8 = 2
2 shifts unblocked, attack succeeds, Knife 1 + 2 = 3 - 2 armor = 1 physical stress, Kenneth takes MILD consequence PAINFUL GASH to negate the hit.

Kenneth snarls a moment, and says, "This isnae a rental!". He takes a quick step back to inspect the damage, pulling up his sleeve to inspect the wound to his arm. "Bah, 'tis barely a wee scratch. My dear ol' gran's kitty's done worse than this, an' it took the lot of ye to dae it!"

He smiles with a wink as he draws upon the inner reserves by which Brigid strengthens her Champion, closing up the wound. Inhuman Toughness -> Shrug it Off (Supplemental action) "Didnae I tell ye that ye cannae beat that what you cannae hurt?"

He then shakes his head at them, his tone quickly shifting from playful to serious, "I've given ye ample chances tae learn, and yet ye're still playing with sharps. You've done it, you've made me cross. I'd best spank ye a'fore someone really gets hurt."

He draws upon the Fire of the Forge, summoning one his goddess' fiery arrows to strike down the first ganger.

Evocation: 4 shifts of power; 1 mental stress.
Discipline: (4, -1 due to supplemental action): 3 + 4d3 - 8 ⇒ 3 + (1, 1, 2, 2) - 8 = 1
Tag aspect: Burns with Righteous Fire for +2
1 point of physical backlash to control the spell

Ganger #4 faces a Weapon 4 fire-spell attack.


Evil GM
DSXMachina wrote:

Initiatives

Axe - 6
DrArmour & Gangers ⇒ 5 ACTED
Ghouls ⇒ 4 ACTED
Kenneth - 4 Attacked with fire
Jericho - 4
Trip - 3
Jack - 2 Darkness
Danny - 1 Attacked
Grillian - 1

Jack looks to the figure and casts a shroud of darkness around it's head, the figure turns to him and their eyes meet for only a moment. The figure with a wide hat shading luminescent eyes, with pin-pricks of iris'. Before the figures upper torso is so completey covered in the dense myrk. It's hands drop a small item as it claws at the darkness. Matthew puts his arm around his girl, seemingly held in position during the chaos and decides to bolt. Running towards the door and near Jack.

Danny punts to insulting man in the knee that he is standing on causing him to tumble to the floor a snarl and curse upon his lips.
Defense (Xian - fists) 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 3 = 2

The pair that have effectively flanked the Celtic hero, sneer cheerfully as they drop blood but these are wiped off their faces as a wash of flame covers the first man. Kenneth blinks in pain as he tries to control the spell and stop it from burning the building down around them. He drops his cleaver and slaps at the flames.
Defense (G4 Athletics) 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 3) - 8 + 2 = 2


Evil GM

Book-keeping:

DragonArmoured W=5/3 Arm=3 L=4,Con&Dis=5
S:oXo P:oXo(o) M:oXoo
Aspect: Pride of Ancients, Imperial Herald TEMP:BLINDED

Gangers W=3 F=2
1= S:oX P:ooo Con=
2= S:oX P:ooo Con=
3= S:oX P:ooo Con=
4= S:oX P:ooX Con= Minor:Ablaze, disarmed
5= S:oX P:ooo Con=
Xian= S:oX P:ooX Con=

Ghouls F=4/4 Arm=1
1= S:Xooo P:oooX(oo) Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour
2= S:oooo P:oooo(oo)Con:Minor - Raptured Religious Fervour

Kenneth you caused the man to take 3 stress and a Minor:Ablaze, that you can tag for free.

Letitia from next to Jericho flicks out with her sword at the ghoul; "Sumerian, holy script?!?" she says identifyng the tattoos on it's body.

Attack, Sword:3 Vs G1 =4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 1) - 8 + 4 = 1
Defense G1 Sword:3 Vs Letitia =4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 4 = 4

1,101 to 1,150 of 4,260 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.