Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice

Game Master DSXMachina

A dark mystery in the ancient city of York.


601 to 650 of 4,058 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Last bit from me before I sign off for the night.
Duana Lore 4d3 - 8 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 2) - 8 = 1 wow, a good roll

Duana feels nauseous watching the little girl put on an erotic show. "Is this legal?" she asks Gabriel, loudly. "To force children to perform in such a manner is taboo, is it not?"


Evil GM

Duana & Gabriel (& Gelert)

Lucy leaves, walking past a nearby exit; it takes a few more minutes before she comes back. She bows her head and drops to one knee with a sickening thud, her arm swings behind her. "Lady Diana, may I present Lord Lawrence Hughes-Smythe, Lord Ruler of York, The Beautious, The Virtuous, Survivor of the Battle of Inkerman. Hero of the Battle of Arcis-Sur-Aube" Lucy's voice seems artificially ecstatic as she virtually protrates herself on the dubious floor.

Gracefully Lord Lawrence moves across the floor towards the Winter Pair, as Gelert watches on. His pale-blond hair coiffed to a precise style sits upon his brow that he raises seeing the beautious pair. His piercing blue eyes draw your vision until you remember stories about them captivating the minds of humans. His clothes cut from the best cloth, seem slightly out-dated; but hold a charm of their own.

Looking closely you can just make out the lifts in his shoes, raising his height to match the average females. His skin pale holds the faint blue lines of veins carrying his stolen blood.

Lawrence raises a lip in a half-sneer or smile. "Lady, Sir you have me at a disadvantage?" His voice soft but with the crisp tones of the English aristocracy.

Alright, I was thinking we could make the arrival of Lord Lawrence into a social conflict. Thus it will be like a fight, giving us all the opportunity to remember the rules.
With the loser being forced to make concessions (what that is will be upto you or the loser). You can voluntarily choose to drop-out/ lose (at any point) mitigating the penalty, but it's still a loss.
Don't worry, if your social stat's are not quite as good as your physical. In the fight it will be possible to be victorious.


Gabriel stands and bows slightly not as a servant meeting another master but as an equal meeting the vampire's blue eyes with his own vibrant green ones. Unconsciously he lets the hilt of his sword come out in the open just in case the vampire got any bad ideas if the negotiations went south.

Presence4d3 - 8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 3) - 8 + 4 = 3

Is that a good start or do we not need presence?


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Nice work guys & gal!

Meanwhile, back at the bar;

Danny has just gotten a total of 7 for his Perform/Deceit roll. Let's see if I can do it justice. :)

Danny slowly puts the phone back up to his ear. He waits a long moment. Then another. At almost the precise moment a (normal) angry person would be drawing a breath, Danny speaks softly and slowly.

"If you threaten me again, I shall have your head removed and used for a bowling ball. And then a spittoon. Are we clear?" Danny asks casually. The tone of his voice set in the neutral manner of a man who would not bother to do such things himself, but simply give the order and know that it would be done.

Without waiting for a reply, Danny continues. His voice is low, Authoritative and faintly aristocratic. (Very similar to Henri's actually) "Now listen carefully, as I shall not repeat myself. I had a call placed to you to warn you. I did this not for you, but for me. Your potential betrayal would disrupt my own plans. So. I recommend You should avoid contact with either Mr Henri, or Mr Aggogo for tonight. One of them tried to set you up. Once I discover which it was, they will be dealt with."

"Or, as payment for your cooperation, I may decide to let you deal with the culprit, if you are so inclined. Now, I am a very busy man. I shall call you. Do not call me. Good evening Miss Becca." Danny finishes, and clicks off the call.

"Man I'm good!" He says aloud.

He thoughtfully marks the number that just called as one that should go straight to voicemail if it calls again. Then he pockets the phone, and casually picks up his pint. He drains the remainder in one long swig. His hand is shaking only a little bit.

"Oh. Um. Axe. We should probably be going. I need to find you something to hit, and I feel the need to blow something up approaching." He says enigmatically. He seems rather distracted as he raises and heads for the door. Halfway there he stops and turns to the warrior.

"I don't suppose that you have any extra armor in that bag? SOmething in the way of a neck guard? Fang-proof?" He asks with a hopeful look.

AND we can leave now! :)


"I should say we do," Duana replies, allowing her court accent to bleed into her English. She does not deign to stand. "Taste, for one, breath for another. You may call me Diana."

Duana Discipline 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 1) - 8 + 2 = -1
Duana Presence 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 1) - 8 + 1 = 1


Evil GM

Danny & Aximeus

Becca gasps at Danny's threat "That's so hot, sir?"

As Danny continues "I wasn't going t' betray no-one. It's Aggogo, that ****. Give him a kickin' for me, or better still let us help ya, luv."

Duana, Gabriel & Gelert

Presence give initiative, either deceit or intimidation for attack & empathy/rapport for defence.

Initiative
Gabriel
Lawrence
Duana

Sorry got to go out now, got 2 games today, so might not be able to post until late.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
DSXMachina wrote:

Danny & Aximeus

Becca gasps at Danny's threat "That's so hot, sir?"

As Danny continues "I wasn't going t' betray no-one. It's Aggogo, that ****. Give him a kickin' for me, or better still let us help ya, luv."

Danny gives a small smile. It even creeps into his voice a little. But there is still no warmth in it.

"Your offer is most kind. I may take you up on it. Presuming that you would be still be interested in assisting if another is to be the object of your ire?" He pauses briefly, and Axe can almost smell the wood burning as the wheels in Danny's head spin rapidly.

"After all, either way it would only serve to enhance your own position. Either dealing with your, friend, or showing him up. Hm. Yes, I might be able to help you there. I shall be in touch."

Unless she says something story-changing, (or similarly important) Danny hangs up and continues as posted above. :)


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Walking along with Aximeus,...

"Hey Axe, tell me about what you've got in the bag." He says when none are close enough to actually hear details of what they are discussing.

"I mean, does it burn?, go boom? Both? And more importantly, do you have timers, remotes, or do you have to throw it like a grenade?"

"And,... I don't suppose you have a spare pistol in there?" He asks hopefully, not jesting as he seemed to be when he asked about neck-armor earlier.

I figured we have at least 5 hours before we're supposed to deliver Henri's 'packages' to him. (Giving us 4 hours of game time to prepare for whatever) I figure we'd let the Winter group finish their meeting, and then see if they call us back, before getting serious with what Axe and Danny actually go and do. Is that all right Axe? :)


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Neck armor, no, my skin is proof against enough against things like knives and I doubt I have much need for neck armor other than what my helmet provides when I am wearing it and that is in the bag.

Danny Kaye wrote:

Nice work guys & gal!

Meanwhile, back at the bar;

Danny has just gotten a total of 7 for his Perform/Deceit roll. Let's see if I can do it justice. :)

Danny slowly puts the phone back up to his ear. He waits a long moment. Then another. At almost the precise moment a (normal) angry person would be drawing a breath, Danny speaks softly and slowly.

"If you threaten me again, I shall have your head removed and used for a bowling ball. And then a spittoon. Are we clear?" Danny asks casually. The tone of his voice set in the neutral manner of a man who would not bother to do such things himself, but simply give the order and know that it would be done.

Without waiting for a reply, Danny continues. His voice is low, Authoritative and faintly aristocratic. (Very similar to Henri's actually) "Now listen carefully, as I shall not repeat myself. I had a call placed to you to warn you. I did this not for you, but for me. Your potential betrayal would disrupt my own plans. So. I recommend You should avoid contact with either Mr Henri, or Mr Aggogo for tonight. One of them tried to set you up. Once I discover which it was, they will be dealt with."

"Or, as payment for your cooperation, I may decide to let you deal with the culprit, if you are so inclined. Now, I am a very busy man. I shall call you. Do not call me. Good evening Miss Becca." Danny finishes, and clicks off the call.

"Man I'm good!" He says aloud.

He thoughtfully marks the number that just called as one that should go straight to voicemail if it calls again. Then he pockets the phone, and casually picks up his pint. He drains the remainder in one long swig. His hand is shaking only a little bit.

"Oh. Um. Axe. We should probably be going. I need to find you something to hit, and I feel the need to blow something up approaching." He says enigmatically. He seems rather distracted as he raises and heads for the door. Halfway there he stops and turns to the warrior.

"I don't suppose that you have any...


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Dan, while I am profficient in guns; I dont usually carry them; though I wouldn't mind getting a couple very cheap shotguns; like from a second hand store or something. I have some magnisium bars shredded down to filing that would make good preloads in a good turkey shotgun; is really hard on the barrel though. Wrap it in a tissue some such and pack it down the barrel with no air gap to the buckshot and the heated metal and fire from the shell will ignite it; is a one shot thing. You gotta remember that handguns are illegal here, but not shotguns. I got a several waterbags; sling them over your shoulder upside down; pull the cap and they will squirt about 15ft a lot more than a water pistol; shoulda seen the look on the Padre's face when I was filling em at the holy water tank. Got a bunch of chopped garlic in baggies; is they got you; just smear it all in their face. Got a lot of iron caltrops with 2" spikes that stand a good 4" up wrapped in a blanket that will shower an area like a hallway with em; good to keep the faeries at bay of in pinch slow em down so we can run. You said you didnt want to hit em; so I only got sommething that burns straight down; great at starting a fire,no explosion ; but we can always put it on the top of a casket and it will burn through it; the vamp; the floor; you name it; also good for opening armored things you cant get open or really killing a car or truck. Got some heavy bandages just in case and some dissinfectant, also some compressed rain ponchos that will hide anything we are wearing and keep the rain off us; this is England after all. Also, got a military callapsable shovel; under my buttpack; garlic is in my buttpack as well as bandages and disiinfectant; also got a tubular steel flashlight; bout two foot long here on my web belt. Since they arent gonna be the bait; how are we doing this? You said we were not gonna hit convoy; so I only planned for entry and extraction. You know where this guy lives; we need to stash some wheels a few blocks away in case we gotta run and need some backup wheels. I got some timers and trip wires; but not much; they are more a backup plan if we need a timed diversion or get pissed an wanna burn the whole place down but wanna be far away with alibi when we do. Soldier tend to be hard on buildings for good reason, oh; and I got some rations in case we get stuck hiding out a bit; nothign glamourous; but got a few cans of this and that in my butpack.

Danny Kaye wrote:

Walking along with Aximeus,...

"Hey Axe, tell me about what you've got in the bag." He says when none are close enough to actually hear details of what they are discussing.

"I mean, does it burn?, go boom? Both? And more importantly, do you have timers, remotes, or do you have to throw it like a grenade?"

"And,... I don't suppose you have a spare pistol in there?" He asks hopefully, not jesting as he seemed to be when he asked about neck-armor earlier.

I figured we have at least 5 hours before we're supposed to deliver Henri's 'packages' to him. (Giving us 4 hours of game time to prepare for whatever) I figure we'd let the Winter group finish their meeting, and then see if they call us back, before getting serious with what Axe and Danny actually go and do. Is that all right Axe? :)


If needed
Intimidation4d3 - 8 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 2) - 8 = 1

Empathy4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 1) - 8 + 1 = -1


Evil GM

Gabriel & Duana

The man looks cooly upon the duo; "Ah, she speaks. Is this to be a battle of the wits, if so shall i challenge you or your unarmed mute companion."

He moves to a the girl Lucy, for a second it seems as if he is going to use her back as a stool. Then she grabs a steel tubular chair and places it beneath him. His gaze fixes Gabriel, for a second he inclines his head acknowledging the swordsman as a duelist. A icy chill creeps across your bones in a split second his hand darts out and he grabs Lucy by the hair violently wrenching her into this lap. She starts to give a gasp at the sudden movement, which then subsides as her wide eyes remember the punishment for interrupting her master. He starts stoking her head, as one would a cat, but it reveals a fresh bite mark upron her neck. "I am the Lord, insults are mine to dispense."

GM Screen:
Attack (Intimidation) to Gabriel (randomly rolled) 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 1 = 0
[ooc]Defence(Rapport) 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 2) - 8 + 1 = 0

Lawrence [X][][][] +1 soc consequence

Poor rolls by me, thus Lawrence takes a 1 strength hit & Gabriel nothing

Initiative - Round 1
Gabriel +3
Lawrence +2
Duana +1

Duana's Attack => Intimidation or Deceit. Of course Gabriel feel free to post, just not roll. Btw Gabriel feel free to get rid of the [X] boxes, you have recovered.

Gelert

Bunny nips into the kitchen. A tall two-legs male with light blonde help goes over to the mistress and starts talking. There seems to be the threat of violence in the air and their words, but how can words incite such behaviour? The two-legs smells rotten, like stale kills or fresh blood.

Bunny comes back, placing a bowl of roughly chunked meat and meal down before you; Dog: 'Yeah tonight is usually quiet. How long you been with the Mistress? She seems nice, very pretty, she was talking to Andy last night, he's nice too."

Danny & Aximeus

Is there any other people you wish to call, meet-up with? Grab any 'innocents' to help your ruse?


Male Temple Hound (Wyld Fey)

At the male's approach, Gelert's hackles raise and he takes a few steps forwards, ready to spring forth if the tension between Dead-Flesh Life-taker should escalate. He barely notices Bunny's question or the food, intent as he is on the situation at hand.


Will do was just posting that real quick as I had time in between class just incase I was needed will elaborate more as the rp intenses :) as I said classes officially over with and only 3 finals left next week


"This is to be an official meeting between two parties and as such I will expect your side to act accordingly. As such shall we discuss terms, do we have a truce then for the duration of this meeting and safe conduct through your territory until said meeting is concluded?" Gabriel remarks coldly watching the vampire stroke the girl as if some plaything.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10
Aximeus wrote:
A lot of stuff,...

Danny looks at Axe again with wide eyes.

"Um. WOw. OK." He manages to get out.

Sheepishly he reaches into his backpack and pulls out a small package. It is a container of garlic powder.

"And I thought I was doing good to think of this!" He says with a big 'I been PWND!' smile.

"Iiiii,... think I'll stick with you! You weren't a Boy Scout in a former life, were you?"

As far as actual plans go, I was NOT planning on using any innocents as bait! ;) I am flipping back and forth between trying to take out Henri at the meeting site ourselves, (Or with the others if the Princess deigns to join us!) ;P Or sending Becca after him and just going straight to his gallery ourselves (in magical disguise of course) and finding the box. :) I also had the idea of leaving the explosives at the meeting site, and calling the cops on Henri when he showed up. BUT I figured that he would eat cops for breakfast.;P

BTW, I am enjoying the play-by-play of social battle rules! Thx!


"This is a curious performance you are staging," Duana observes to the lord. "One less obsessed with titles may observe that having this creature upon your lap only serves to indicate that your position is weak, and you require the comforting presence of a pet to meet with a power greater than yours. Or are you simply hiding behind her for the sake of convenience?"

Duana Intimidate 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 1) - 8 + 2 = 2


Evil GM

Duana, Gabriel & Gelert

He stops the movement of his hand; "Power greater than mine?' He laughs heartily, like velvet rubbing across the skin. 'We shall see. I hide behind no-one, this is just a moments toy. If you request we shall be rid of her."

Looking to Gabriels words; "Truce and treaty, who are you? You are not mortals, or the fools from the bar."

Crunch:
Defence(rapport) against Duana's attack 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 2) - 8 + 1 = 0
Lawrence [X][X][][] + soc conseq

Initiative - Round 2
Gabriel +3
Lawrence +2
Duana +1

[ooc]Gabriel's next to attack. I just meant everyone is free to converse, but only roll in turn.


"I would not dream of robbing you of the pleasure a young girl must evoke in your dead flesh," Duana says and smiles a seductive smile.

"Who we are is of little consequence. What we offer, however, is. We are in possession of knowledge which pertains to you directly, knowledge which we are free to act upon, or... indeed, to ignore and possibly to destroy."


Evil GM

Duana, Gabriel & Gelert

He ignores the possible insult; "Information of what sort? Well, I am sure you will want payment. Never let it be said the Lord of the City is not generous, I can have someone bring you a few pounds." He says assuming arrogantly that you will give it to him, of course. :P


"Diana it is policy to set the barriers for a meeting of this sort. I ask again Lord do we have treaty?"

Intimidation4d3 - 8 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 2) - 8 = 1


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

Boy Scout; their nothing like back when I was a kid, we all wore Khaki and spent a lot of time in the woods and mostly taught by Army guys to scout and stuff, my Aunt thought it would be good; so talk the judge into it so I spent a lot of time in scouts with a lot of orphans, but it was hard times what with the GD and all not at all like these scouts who do rockets and models cars and such. So when WWII started I got a couple extra stripes out of it and the Judge let me off easy; heck, there was lot of kids in trouble; not like today; gangs were a lot different. Booze was the thing; and speakeasies; not like all this designer drugs that got today makes me wonder about some things. Look; I am just guessing here; but garlic powder, really? That stuff is a dead and the dead guys we're facing; it is life that destroys them; hence the sticks; water, fresh garlic is a blood purifier; symbols of life

Danny Kaye wrote:
Aximeus wrote:
A lot of stuff,...

Danny looks at Axe again with wide eyes.

"Um. WOw. OK." He manages to get out.

Sheepishly he reaches into his backpack and pulls out a small package. It is a container of garlic powder.

"And I thought I was doing good to think of this!" He says with a big 'I been PWND!' smile.

"Iiiii,... think I'll stick with you! You weren't a Boy Scout in a former life, were you?"

As far as actual plans go, I was NOT planning on using any innocents as bait! ;) I am flipping back and forth between trying to take out Henri at the meeting site ourselves, (Or with the others if the Princess deigns to join us!) ;P Or sending Becca after him and just going straight to his gallery ourselves (in magical disguise of course) and finding the box. :) I also had the idea of leaving the explosives at the meeting site, and calling the cops on Henri when he showed up. BUT I figured that he would eat cops for breakfast.;P

BTW, I am enjoying the play-by-play of social battle rules! Thx!


Evil GM

Gabriel & Duana & Gelert

Lawrence looks stern and thoughtful for a moment; "I give you my word upon the proviso that you give yours. That I will harm neither of you or your companion if you act in good faith & if the meeting goes south, I will have no-one under my authority hunt you in the city walls for the next two moon-rises." Lawrence says carefully, his aristocratic honour being assuaged.

"You, Diana, must know that I am the Lord of this city no information or power is kept from me. All submit to me."

Crunch:
Defence(rapport) against Gabriels's attack 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 3) - 8 + 1 = 4
Attack(Deceit) against Duana 4d3 - 8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 1) - 8 + 3 = 3
Lawrence [X][X][][] + soc conseq

Initiative - Round 2
Gabriel +3
Lawrence +2
Duana +1

Duana make a defence (rapport/empathy) against his deceit attack with a TN 3. Then it is your attack


Uhh, i'm not sure what a TN 3 is, so I will roll and you can tell me if I failed. :P 4d3 - 8 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 2) - 8 = 1 if 3 was the target, I likely failed. Oh, Target Number. ha. shows how silly I am.

Crunch:

Social (Presence) [X] [ ] [ ]

"All, hmm?" Duana hums in response, and taps her lips. Her eyes watch intently for his reaction to the gesture, whether or not he is actually interested in women or simply in terrorizing young girls who have never known fear in their lives. She bites the tip of the finger softly as she considers. "I choose not to believe your lies. If no information is held from you, how is it that you do not recognize your betters when they are so clearly identifying themselves to you?"

"I happen to know that you employed one low born scum known as Tybalt to investigate for you, so I know that your resources are few. Lord is only a title in these lands, no? And one rarely given to any with merit. Look at your queen in those disgusting hats!" she jests. "Such a figure of authority, a prune gliding about with a hat the size of the world. And her sons married commoners," she jabs further.

"Mmmm, yes, Lord of York," Duana practically purrs, becoming aroused by this particular challenge, and wishing for the creature to see. She can feel herself straining at the edges of her human guise, the disgusting mask she wore about the humans, lurking behind it as though a large predatory cat held behind bars. "Can you place my name as of yet, Lawrence, or shall you stroke your child a bit longer and continue to stall with your bravado?"

Duana Intimidate 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 3) - 8 + 2 = 2 these dice freaking hate me.


Gabriel listens to the pair and then nods when a brief respite comes and answers Lawrence. "Then so the truce is set. For tonight as well as two nights there shall be no violence thus we are bound"He nods glancing at Duana and then turns to continue to watch the Lord.

Intimidate4d3 - 8 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 3) - 8 = 1


Evil GM

Gabriel & Duana & Gelert

His eyes grow dark, clearly he's getting angry. "Betters!!! You!! And you insult the Queen, this is intolerable. I earnt my title as she did her's, what have you done? What have you achieved that you can insult me so? Apart from scrounging or begging information from a peon. Give me your demands and I may meet them." He looks at Gabriel and Duana hard, half-rising to his feet and spilling the young girl to the floor.

His hands upon the table, "Diana, a huntress and her beast and man. No, I think you are nothing of the sort some minor floosie trying her luck to get consessions from me. Speak girl."

Crunch::

Attack Choice 1=Gabriel, 2=Duana 1d2 ⇒ 1

Attack (Intimidation) against above 4d3 - 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 1) - 8 + 1 + 2 = 3 - He spends a Fate Point in his anger.

Defence(rapport) against Duana's attack 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 3) - 8 + 1 = 1
Defence(rapport) against Gabriel's attack 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 1 = 1
Lawrence [X][X][X][] + minor soc conseq (Furious)

Initiative - Round 3
Gabriel +3
Lawrence +2
Duana +1

Gabriel to defend (empathy) against the attack with a TN 3.

Duana to act again. The social hit should have been [][X][], because you missed the TN by 2. Therefore the second box. You can take a consequence instead, a minor one reduces this by 2. However consequences last longer all the [] [] [] boxes are cleared at the end of a fight.

Both, Duana & Gabriel, get a Fate Point.


"I have defended my title from lords and ladies with greater power than that rotting sack of flesh you call a host could muster since I was a girl," Duana says calmly, letting her accent bleed into her speech like Maeve might her ice. "I have decided that you are an ignorant simpleton, and as such, it is my responsibility to educate you," she concedes and crosses her legs as a lady of reputable birth might, spine going rigid.

"The magician Henri has betrayed you. He has engineered this war with the ghouls to occupy your forces, and play you for a fool. I am in possession of evidence of your idiocy which I may destroy, or... perhaps simply take it to the wolves?" she suggests. "How embarrassing would it be for them to learn that you are incompetent? And with your numbers engaged in this war, and, perhaps the support of the huntress and goddess Diana... upset the flimsy premise upon which you base your power?"

Duana Intimidate 4d3 - 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 3) - 8 + 2 = 2

Duana's smile is predatory, and she rises and gestures for Gelert to come to her side. She scratches behind his ear, then cups his muzzle and gently lifts his chin to her, almost as intimate as a lover, though with none of the sexuality, a clear distinction of her fae heritage. "What say you, my hound, would you like to run with Bunny?" she asks in the language of the courts.


Evil GM

Duana, Gabriel & Gelert

Bunny looks at Henri standing bustling with fury, "Oh, this is not good."

Henri stood rigid hands upon the table, his fingers contact making grooves in it's surface and leaving a dark residue inside them. His face a pale white contorts and you can see the fangs start to poke from behind closed lips. The beast inside him strains against his mortal form.

Duana's chiding, insults and calm demeanour exascerbate his anger. At the ignorant insult he is half a mind to break his oath; a small whimper from Lucy near his feet stops him and he slides her away from him with a kick. She rolls across the floor before coming to a halt as she hits the balcony railings with a thud.

Then Duana gives him another out-let for his anger; "Henri, that ill-born foreigner." the words spat with vitriol. "I knew he could influence those kindred with weak minds, but to have the audacity to try and manipulate me. I am beset with fools and cowards, I will rip it out his hands and send him to join his wife in hell."

Lawrences' voice raises louder than the pulsing club beat and a few heads turn towards the balcony. "The wolves are nothing. See how the doe cowers." he waves a hand in the young Bunnys' direction. She is sat in a crouch on her haunches, her eyes defiant. "I will put them and the ghouls in their proper place beneath me. What do you want?"

His veneer of civility and composure is totally gone, his black eyes swirl with motes of silver and crimson.

From the corner of your eye you can see G and the tall bouncer start to come up the stairs to investigate the rowdy behaviour.

Crunch:

Defence(rapport) against Duana's attack 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 2) - 8 + 1 = -1

You have won the social contest, he is in near total frenzy at the incitement you have placed upon him. {Who would have though Duana could annoy someone ;P }


To crush you beneath my heel, Duana muses, at the height of arousal. When G nears her nostrils flare, Lawrence's fury and the musk of his second nature overwhelming hers. The girl lying crumpled on the floor might have upset her once, but... she should have known better than to play with monsters.

"The box," Duana answers, "in exchange for Henri's location at five this morning, giving you some hours to prepare an appropriate response."

Duana stalks up to the idiot lord, her sculpted calves placing her heels in perfect rhythm with the beat so that when she speaks she has only need whisper to be heard. "And to hear my lineage recited from your rotten mouth. Diana, daughter of Maeve, grand-daughter of Mab, the Queen of Air and Darkness."


Evil GM

Duana, Gabriel & Gelert

The Lord smiles evilly, a short bark of laughter is ripped from his lips. "You wish the boxes' contents? Well, hah, I have them not. They are in that Traitor Henris' soon to be dead hands. I will cede My claim upon the contents to your 'Queen', for the information."

He looks darkly at the pair and at the dog, as G comes up behind him to check everything is alright.


"And I will hold you to your oath," Duana replies, and also looks to G, flush and almost dizzy with power.

And an anonymous phone call to the police about the missing girl, now with physical trauma would not go well for you at all...

"Lord Lawrence misplaced his manners," she says sweetly. "My escort can confirm that I offered no violence."


Defense 4d3 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 3) - 8 + 1 = 2

Gabriel sneers slightly and draws his sword an inch out of its sheath. "Remember the truce, if any violence occurs by you lord, you risk war with the Winter court."

Intimidate4d3 - 8 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 1) - 8 = -2


Ninjaed!


Evil GM

Gabriel, Duana & Gelert

Lawrence sneers; "Aye, I remember my oath. Diana, daughter of Maeve, grand-daughter of Mab, the Queen of Air and Darkness this night you have earnt my ire. However, I will not act against thee or thy companions. Now give me the information and I will relinquish any claim upon the box or it's contents." His words holding a white-hot fury.

G looks at the man, his stance passive however holding a hint of anticipation. 'No violence here, the partner would take exception to it.' he whispers in such a hushed tone, virtually inaudible over the writhing bass of the music. Bunny shifts her weight subtly upon one heeled leg.


Okay, I found the answer, and while Danny did not actually say these words to the winter folk, he pretty much paraphrased his plan, which I think would include the location of the meet. Apologies if this is too forward.

"He will be where the three rivers join, at the dock, where the Nidd enters the Ouse at five in the morning."


Evil GM

Duana, Gabriel & Gelert

Lawrence sneers; "I thank you my Lady Diana. You will excuse me. Upon my oath I relinquish any and all claim to the Box of St. Andreas' Bones; and that which is trapped within it. Goodbye."

He spins around and smartly moves past G, their shoulders brushing in an unfriendly macho contest. Lawrence carries on straight out through a nearby door with a slam.

G smiles a s***-eating grin at the humiliated Lords' exit. "So you got one over him. You and pretty boy have some balls."


"I ate well this morning," Duana demurs with a smile of her own. She looks to Lucy still laying on the floor. "I believe that one needs medical assistance. Should someone call the authorities?" she inquires pointedly, sparing a glance for Gabriel.


Changling Spellsinger Physical: [] [] [] Mental: [X] [] [] [] Social: [] [] [] [] FP:10

Nice! :) Danny never actually SAID the location, but with his openness early in the meeting, it's not hard to imagine that he would have happily given it. :)

Nice work guys. Very fun to read! :)

Danny looks at Axe and blinks. "WW2,... right,... That explains a lot." He murmurs, again wondering just how old Axe actually was.

He looks at his container of garlic powder.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time."

"I've been thinking. (A dangerous pastime, I know.) MAybe we should just avoid this conflict with Henri altogether. He's already made it pretty clear that he's not giving up the box until after he gets what he wants. SO, When he's going to meet with us, he'll be leaving the box behind, guarded only by his protections. Which may be strong, but again, I think I have the key." Danny says, patting the wrapped cane/staff tied to his small backpack.

"Now, I thought about calling the cops to deal with Henri, but I'm pretty sure he would eat them for breakfast. So, I think I've got Becca primed to deal with him. That will at least keep him busy. After we retrieve the box, we can swing by and see what happened. And maybe lend a hand if it doesn't work the way I'm hoping. What do you think? If we have to take on Henri, I'm all for using everything you prepped. But if we can avoid it. Well,... I'm a singer, not a fighter."

"Speaking of fighting,... I wonder how Duana's and Gabriel's meeting with the 'Lord' is going? I'd like to wait and see what happened. Providing she deigns to call us of course. Otherwise,... well, we need to be where we can watch the Gallery. So we can see when he leaves for the meeting. We should be there by at least 4am, you think?"


Evil GM

Duana, Gabriel & Gelert

G looks darkly and scratches the stump of his ear. "Authorities, nah, I ain't involving coppers in this. he looks down at the girl "Her well... buggered if I know what to do with 'er. So'll she be, 'His Lordship' He says mockingly, [b]'won't like that she witnessed whatever you said that annoyed him so. If she's lucky, he'll just take her memories, otherwise."

Bunny looks imploringly at the group; "Alison, could heal her." she says in a soft small voice with a firm undercurrent, that you have never heard before. "We cannot leave her, for him." a shudder runs through her frame.

G looks grim, his natural reaction to leave everything alone.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

well; sure Dano if you want to play it that way; we could stash these things; if you call the cops; then say he is a terrorist supplier from the middle east; if I knew were were gonna do that though I would have brought different stuff; couple little things like this stashed around but giving cops a location; would have them eventually dig the whole place up I am thinking; eat for breakfast; maybe a couple; but these Brits are used to playing hardball with the Irish; they probably be loaded for bear if you yell IRA supplier from the Mid East. Has enough smack of credibility, but we can play it how you like as long as we take down some black court and ghouls, neither of which I have any use for; I am good. As for those fruitcake friends of yours; I hope their arrogance gets taken down a few pegs, but really I have no clue what they are trying to accomplish; doubt they do either; them highty tighty lordry over everyone types rarely have a clue to anything but fashion and the latest drinks

Danny Kaye wrote:

Nice! :) Danny never actually SAID the location, but with his openness early in the meeting, it's not hard to imagine that he would have happily given it. :)

Nice work guys. Very fun to read! :)

Danny looks at Axe and blinks. "WW2,... right,... That explains a lot." He murmurs, again wondering just how old Axe actually was.

He looks at his container of garlic powder.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time."

"I've been thinking. (A dangerous pastime, I know.) MAybe we should just avoid this conflict with Henri altogether. He's already made it pretty clear that he's not giving up the box until after he gets what he wants. SO, When he's going to meet with us, he'll be leaving the box behind, guarded only by his protections. Which may be strong, but again, I think I have the key." Danny says, patting the wrapped cane/staff tied to his small backpack.

"Now, I thought about calling the cops to deal with Henri, but I'm pretty sure he would eat them for breakfast. So, I think I've got Becca primed to deal with him. That will at least keep him busy. After we retrieve the box, we can swing by and see what happened. And maybe lend a hand if it doesn't work the way I'm hoping. What do you think? If we have to take on Henri, I'm all for using everything you prepped. But if we can avoid it. Well,... I'm a singer, not a fighter."

"Speaking of fighting,... I wonder how Duana's and Gabriel's meeting with the 'Lord' is going? I'd like to wait and see what happened. Providing she deigns to call us of course. Otherwise,... well, we need to be where we can watch the Gallery. So we can see when he leaves for the meeting. We should be there by at least 4am, you think?"


Duana moves towards Bunny, and with her eyes locked with G's as though imploring permission, reaches and lays a comforting hand on the middle of the simple young woman's back. "She is not forgotten, little one," Duana soothes, her eyes only for G. "Who is this person who she spoke of?"

Duana is being deliberately careful about names.


Evil GM

Duana, Gabriel & Gelert

G looks defiantly at her "She is the packs' 'healer'." his words dripping in scorn and sarcasm. "When weak members and humans are in pain they go to her, begging to ease their ills."

He looks at the downed teenager, whose breathing is coming out in ragged gasps. G nods his head slowly.


"No," Duana decides. "Contrary to appearances, it is not my intent to involve you and yours in unfavorable dealings. If you will not allow the authorities to take this girl, myself and my escort will. We've protection from the Lord, by his own oath," she observes, and looks to Gabriel. "Help me carry her. My hound can guard us."


Evil GM

Duana, Gabriel & Gelert

Bunny looks at G, a determined facade that does not suit her vacant visage. He inclines his head and says to Duana; "Yeah you take her, Bunny will show you the way. It's probally best he not see Bunny again tonight."

Bunny bounces for joy, lightly clapping her hands together. G chucks his leather vest top at her; which she puts on over her lingerie. It hangs off her, but manages to cover her body although leaving areas provocatively exposed.

"Cool beans, it's this way." she says in her light voice leading you towards the obvious (and only) exit from the room.

Good, the last post of mine came up. 'Cause my computer threw a fit during the postng.


Male Greek/Roman Demigod

be funny if we grabbed some other vampires thralls for this task hehe, I am not in favor of putting any working class or hard luck persons in harms way but wouldnt object to some hard case criminal as they would have at least a chance of surviving.

Dano, your supposed to supply some uhm; people to this guy; what are your thoughts on that or do I have it wrong


Male Temple Hound (Wyld Fey)

Gelert having trotted off to finish eating once he was sure that the dead-man meant them no physical harm, he had little to do with teh rest of the evening, crossing over to the Mistress for her caress and question. His only response was the tilt of his head, unsure on what to want or expect. He had never really been given a choice before, always following, always close by. He had never truly run with another Hunter, not even during the Wyld Hunt, as he had been chosen as a pup to lok over the Mistress and find the Helmet.

He stays close to his Mistress' side throughout the rest of the proceedings and conversation, but when they look ready to depart again he nuzzles her leg once then trots slowly over to Bunny, now wearing stranger clothing, lacey garments under a vest of leather. He tries to remain close to Duana and Bunny at the same time, still unsure and torn. If he could run with another Hunter, he might learn the true joy of the chase, the hunt, might understand a bit more about Wolf-two-legs and Bunny herself.

As ever, he keeps his senses keen to the hunt of the metal, but not nearly as much as he has been.


Duana, who has raised Gelert up from a pup, recognizes his hesitance to remain with her. Bunny, simple as a flour paste and as filling had called her companion from her side. Duana vaguely registered a pang of pain, then looked to the human creature crumpled on the floor. With Gabriel's assistance, she takes the girl in her arms, being careful to support her head on her arm.

"Gabriel," Duana whispers in the language of the court while they follow Bunny. "This girl's family hired the detective to look for her. We cannot involve the weres in this, the human authorities are the only who can see to her now. Do you know any one that can assist us with this?"


Gabriel nods and merely says "Let me handle this miss I can carry her, your highness needs to keep up appearances. I shall use some contacts to get ahold of the detective."


Evil GM

Gabriel: Do you mean the female detective that you met last night? Or the detective in charge of the Missing Person Lucy case? Although your first port might still be the same (& the detective might be the same).


the woman since dunno how to get the guy

601 to 650 of 4,058 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jorvik: A Land of Snow & Ice - DSXs' Dresden File All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.