Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


401 to 450 of 4,956 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Inquisitor 2

As Rendel saw the injured townsfolk he frowned.

"One moment." He said before touching Vuaghn on the shoulder with a shimmering hand. "Use Iomedae's grace wisely. I...should lend some aid before joining you."

With that Rendel went toward the wounded touching himself with the shimmering hand before aiding the best ways he knew how his old worn black cloak an eerie match for the pharasman's.

He offered his services, as meager as they were, to help with the most injured.

Touch of Glory on myself and Vaughn +1 on any one Charisma based skill check we decide to use in the next hour. 3 uses left.

Rendel will spare both his first level spells on Cure spells if allowed on the most grievously injured to ensure survival or quick recovery. He's not a skilled healer and will make sure they know that before they make him try to reattach a leg.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn watches with a sad expression, wishing he knew how to help these people. "Perhaps I should try to learn some healing spells," he mutters to himself. "For now I suppose I shall just have to do what I can to try to ensure something like this does not happen again."

Vaghn looks for a priest who does not currently seem busy, stepping inside the antechamber of the temple if need be. Should he find one he addresses them as follows: "Ah, hello, excuse me? I am Professor der Grafft of Lepidstadt University. Could you please direct me to whomever I might have to speak to about accessing the church's records? Thank you ever so much." He smiles winningly.

Potentially relevant rolls::

Perception to find the priest1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Diplomacy to "Gather Information"/convince him to help1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Knowledge (religion) to know about the Pharasman faith and any protocol I should follow 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Cheliax

Madeline:
Although you offer concerned words and try to help the injured as best you are able, most of the simpler folk shy away from you and Mr. Smith, preferring the company of the acolytes they know.
They aren't rude, mind you, only scared and your attempt at Diplomacy doesn't seem to be strong enough to win them over.

Rendel:
As you walk among the injured, you are filled with a sense of purpose that reaffirms your dedication to fell those creatures responsible for such wanton destruction. You call down for Iomedae's aid, casting the only cure spells you have. When you finish healing the injured, you discover that the blessing of your goddess continues unabated. The knowledge of the cure spells continues to burn in your mind. Your group gains +3 Trust Points. You retain your 2 1st level spells

Vaghn:
You watch Rendel move into the crowd, healing them without regard and notice a much different side of the man, one you might not have considered before. You can also see Madeline trying to help others, but most of them moving away from her, clearly uncomfortable around her manservant.

It doesn't take you long to find an acolyte. When you do, he says, "Ah, good day sir. I can't spare much time, but you can seek out Vauran Grimburrow. He's currently in the Restlands, tending to the wounded from some of the outlying farms. I don't think, however, he'll be able to offer you much aid. The church does not open its records to outsiders unless they are trusted members of the community or strong allies." He offers you a weak smile and turns back to his work. Knowledge (Religion) check = You know that you'd need to speak with the head priest.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Nods* I (Player) perfectly understand. Madeline also understands that these folk obviously need more than bare platitudes for their ills and sorrows and is glad Masters Bladetwist and der Grafft can do some good. *Bows*

Madeline eventually comes to stand near the rest of her companions after they have provided succour, with Mr Smith hovering at her shoulder.


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel returns to Vaughn his spirits somewhat uplifted but also somewhat saddened. He certainly does not appear to be the hard man he was back in the house. He stands thoughtful for a moment before speaking.

"So that was interesting." He says. "Did you discover anything useful?"


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"Apparently we must speak to Father Grimburrow, the local head priest. He is currently over at the Restlands tending to more wounded. From what the acolyte told me it may be difficult to procure his permission however; the church records are not open to the public. We will have to either convince him that we are allies of the church and town, or... perhaps I can convince him that I am one of the faithful. It is for the good of the whole town, after all."


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel raised an eyebrow. "Are you one of the faithful? Of Pharasma?"


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

On the walk to town Creel tries to take the pulse of the place, How is it doing economically? Is it growing or shrinking? Are there both new and old buildings around. Are there signs love for the place, flowerbeds. Cared for not just well kept signs, that sort of thing? What business do I see as I get to the town proper?

Creel approaches the group surrounding Councilman Muricar cautiously. He has a concerned but not unfriendly look on his face. Creel stops the militarily correct three paces from the group surrounding the Councilman and waits patiently at parade rest to be acknowledged.

if not acknowledged:
Creel waits unmoving for half an hour after the Councilman leaves and then continues to city hall.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"I have great respect for all goodly faiths. Have I ever attended a service? No. But I know a good deal about the faith and its tenets; certainly enough to convince Father Grimburrow. I think a slight bending of the truth is justified in order to obtain information that will aid the town, don't you? Or we can attempt to do favors for them until they trust us enough, while whatever sent those wolves is readying its next attack. I prefer the former."


Male Human Inquisitor 2

"I think that's incredibly unwise." Rendel said. "Knowledge and respect are no substitutes for true faith and if he's keen enough to see through your slight deception it'll likely end poorly for all of us. And we may need his aid later down the road for other tasks.

I believe that truth will serve us far better than deception in the case of Father Grimburrow. The key is deciding how to portion our truth as to leave the unsavory bits out. Done correctly it is far more effective than any lie."

Rendel said the last two lines as if chanting a mantra, his trainign undoubtedly at work.

"If he decides we're not trutworthy enough to open the records he can still answer some questions. If we still need more than that...well we have Giles."

Cheliax

Creel wrote:
Creel approaches the group surrounding Councilman Muricar cautiously. He has a concerned but not unfriendly look on his face. Creel stops the militarily correct three paces from the group surrounding the Councilman and waits patiently at parade rest to be acknowledged.

Creel:
Your walk through town gives you the impression that it isn't as new as some of the places you've been, but certainly isn't showing signs of decline, either. You note a few places where the spring flowers are starting to bloom, but several other places where the signs hanging from above doors could use a fresh coat of paint.

The town 'square' as it were is more akin to a circle on the eastern side of the river. As you wait for the councilman, you glance around, taking note of the following locations; The Ravengro General Store, The Ravengro Forge, The Ravengro Town Hall, Jominda's Apothecary, The Silk Purse, and The Outward Inn. Each surround the center of town, with a path leaving the circle from the north, south (from which you entered), and the northwest.

After waiting a few minutes, one of the female guards glances over at you, nods, and pokes the councilman. He nods at her, giving you a quick glance, and finishes up with the people before him. When he's done, he waddles over and offers you a meaty but clean hand.

"Well, we've had better mornings. I'm Gharen Muricar and I suspect you're one of the late professor's allies." He smiles and awaits your response.

Cheliax

Rendel Bladetwist wrote:
"If he decides we're not trutworthy enough to open the records he can still answer some questions. If we still need more than that...well we have Giles."

Are you two headed to the Restland then? What about Madeline?


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn shrugs and smiles. "Different methods, hopefully the same results. If he flat out tells us that he will only let us look at the records if we are of his faith I will not hesitate to tell him what he wants to hear. It would be of no harm to him, and great use to us and our cause. If we can convince him by other means I certainly will not be opposed however. Shall we carry on then?"

I believe that Rendel and I are going to the Restlands to locate Father Grimburrow, yes.

Cheliax

Going to the Restlands:
Your trip to the Restlands takes you further north, outside of the city. The journey is a quick walk that lasts only ten minutes. Unlike the night before, the countryside you pass through is clear and bright, still green from the storm the night before. A few wolf corpses line the road close to the Restlands, and as you approach, you can see farmers digging large holes for them. Among them, you can make out a tall, gaunt man that seems to float above the others. He's dressed in a clean, black robe that whips about in the wind..


Posting again for Dot.


Male Human Inquisitor 2
TheReplacementGM wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Rendel carefully studies the man as they pass by (or approach?)trying to make out who or what he was.I don't suppose that's him is it? We did see him at the funeral...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Sense Motive:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Cheliax

Rendel Bladetwist wrote:
Rendel carefully studies the man as they pass by (or approach?)trying to make out who or what he was.I don't suppose that's him is it? We did see him at the funeral...

It is.

As the three of you get closer, the elderly man glances in your direction and offers you a weak smile. You recognize him from the funeral the day before, his large, bushy eyebrows hard to miss. He waves you over.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Speaking truth to power:

"Well met Councilman. My name is Creel Caldleman apprentice paladin of Iomedae." Creel takes the man's hand in his. The smile returning to his face.

"Yes I am a friend of the professor, but we can talk about this later. How severe was the attack here? We killed a half dozen or so wolves at the Lorrimer house."

"Madame Lorrimer is fine. Tharnik, the half-orc who walked with her into town, was wounded protecting her but he will pull through.
Tharnik is a tough one and an excellent bodyguard."

There that should get the rumor mill turning.

"So how can I help. I am to young in the faith to have the healing powers of my brethren but I am strong and used to hard work. Where do you need me?"

Diplomacy? If so 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn approaches the priest and briefly bows. "Greetings Father. I am Professor der Grafft of Lepidstadt University, Vaghn to my friends. My companions are Herren Bladetwist and Smith, and the Lady Peshtussle. Though we are but newly arrived in town, we are saddened by the tragedy that has bestruck you. We pray that any who died swiftly find their way to the Lady of Graves, and that those who she has not yet called recover swiftly.

Though I have not visited in some time, I have always loved my visits to Ravengro and would like to offer my services to its good people. We, all of us, are thankful for the hospitality that has been shown us here and wish to repay it by helping in any way we can. As a man of learning, my first concern, after the safety of the citizens of course, is discovering the root of what would cause natural beasts to act in such an unnatural manner, and ensure it does not happen again. If you have any insight into the matter, or if there is some other task that we might help you with, we would be honored if you would share your wisdom."


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel approached with Vaughn remaining quiet for now and taking in his surroundings.

Lemme know if you want a new perception roll.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Sorry, only just noticed your question. Madeline and Smith will stay at the church and learn/Offer assistance as much as they can. *Bows*

Cheliax

Creel:
"Well met, Creel Caldleman. I'm Councilman Gharen Muricar." The big, jovial looking man shakes your hand and then pulls away, spreading his arms as if presenting the devastation as part of a speech.

Then he continues, "Yes, this is quite odd. People are whispering that it is the forest's vengeance for old man Lorrimor's burial in the Restlands, but I don't think so. I do, however, find it timed badly and suspicious myself. Nonetheless, I know we live in a small town people will talk."

"I don't know that there is much you can do now. The fire is out, people have brought their wounded or dead to the appropriate locations, and we're cleaning up now. If you'd like, you can check in with Sheriff Benjan Caeller over at the jail to see if he needs more men-at-arms."

With that, he points northwest to a large building and then turns away from you.

As you begin to leave, he stops and says, "Oh, and thank you for your help. Send my best to Lady Kendra. I, for one, will miss the ol' professor."

Rendel and Vaghn:
Father Grimburrow listens to your introduction, nodding slightly toward Rendel. When you finish, he adjust his clean black robes and speaks.

"Well met, again. I should hope, in the future, we meet in better circumstances. Funerals and bloody raids are not the events that build friendships... especially in a small town like this." With that, Father Grimburrow bends in close, lowering his voice and waving the two of you closer. Then, he continues.

"As to insights, I can only say this. The good professor was always been secretive, something the locals have long feared. So, I can honestly say I had no idea what he was looking into before he passed on from this world. I know, personally, that I had some horrible dreams after his passing, but nothing more than that. This is the first event that would draw any sort of rationale suspicion toward the man or his funeral, and I'm quite sure more than a few people, especially the farmers you met last night, will use this as an excuse to be raise all sorts of trouble."

The man sighs slightly, looks around, and then continues.

"I'm going to address the problem of rumors and simple fears at tonight's sermon, but living in a land as haunted as Ustalav, I don't expect it will do much. Sometimes those simple fears serve to save as much as they do harm."

"As to what may be behind the wolves, I can't say. None that I know raise wolves in these parts, and they aren't known to roam this close to town, especially in early spring. They are more likely being driven from the west. Perhaps the orcs had a hand in this? If so, I'd warn your friend and Lady Kendra, as they are both likely going to suffer some of the backlash from this."

Father Grimburrow stands up, straightens his robes, and then finishes.

"Oh, and be warned; Ol' Man Gardner lost his boy in the attack. He's a quiet, but stern man that knows the woods well. While I don't think he's the violent type, it's hard to know a man's true nature and even when you do, loosing a loved one can change a man. So, be careful."


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn nods sadly as the priest talks. "I share your hopes, Father. I am sure that the good people of Ravengro will find the right path, especially with your guidance. I am afraid they may have reason to fear, though certainly not from Professor Lorrimer's actions."

He leans in close, in unconscious mimicry of Father Grimburrow's actions. "The Professor was a mentor to me, practically a father figure when he stopped in at Lepidstadt, or the few times I managed to make it down here to visit. Yet I, too, was often in the dark about his intentions; he was a good man, but ever a secretive one. We uncovered a journal of his that gave us a clue as to what he was investigating when he died, and it is a grave matter indeed.

It seems he had uncovered evidence that a dark cult has taken an interest in a local building known as Harrowstone. He was not sure what it was they wanted exactly, but suspected it might have something to do with someone who had died there in a fire. My own knowledge of this cult is sketchy at best, but I can guarantee that anything they want is something that all goodly people do not.

It is obvious that with everything going on right now, you, as one of the town's leaders, are quite busy. I humbly ask your permission, then, that you allow me access to the Temple's records concerning Harrowstone so that we might be able to solve the mystery Professor Lorrimer died for, and stop whatever force this is that is threatening the people of this town."

Knowledge (local) to have heard of Ol' Man Gardner...1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 And that looks like a no. :P

"I have never met Herr Gardner, but I grieve for his loss. If I should encounter him I will give him my condolences." He pulls out a very anemic moneypurse, looks at it with an expression of deep thought for a moment, then pulls out five golden coins. "I would like to donate this for the purpose of aid to the families of those who lost loved ones this morning. I am afraid I was exhausted from my trip from Lepidstadt and slept right through it; it is the least I can do for these poor people."

Diplomacy (using Touch of Glory)1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Cheliax

Father Grimburrow accepts the gold coins with a solemn smile, placing them carefully into a dark, silk pouch at his side. He takes great care to secure it after depositing the coins, sliding it into a hidden fold in his robes when he's done.

He listens to you speak, nodding with a concerned look when you mention the words 'fire' and 'Harrowstone.' When you finish, he says, "I understand your concern and am grateful you brought this to my attention. I know of no cults in the area, but will speak with the council about this just to be safe. Undoubtedly, they'll have concerns and will probably know best how to handle this issue."

"Unfortunately, I cannot allow you access to our church records at this time. In fact, I'll need to review them myself first, just to see if Harrowstone is actually addressed therein. I'm sure it is, and if your group proves to be friends of Ravengro, I'll be able to aid you in the future. Until then, however, I'll have to ask you to respect our position."

With that, Father Grimburrow bids you good day and returns to his duties at the Restlands.

Trust and Experience:

Man, you just missed that Diplomacy roll!! If only one of your *cough cough* allies were to aid you by making a DC 10 Diplomacy roll....
Current Trust Score: 25
Curent Experience: 550 per character


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Inquisitor powers go! Sense motive! I choose you!

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Well then." Rendel says. "I can't say you didn't try your best. Let's see about the Professor's grave. I'm concerned certain individuals might take this attack as an excuse to do some grave defiling. Hopefully Ms. Peshtussle has taken her inhuman servant to take a look at the tomb.

We can discuss other things when we have a clearer picture of our situation here."


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Rendel!:
I believe the DM just gave a hint! The DC on that Diplomacy roll was likely 25, so if you were to Aiday Anotheray anday ollray atay eastlay a entay (55% chance, or 60% with Touch of Glory) it would put us over the edge. *wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more

RGM:
What is this Trust Score? Is it specifically for this campaign?


Male Human Inquisitor 2
Vaghn der Grafft wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

GM, Vaughn:
Well if the GM will allow that there's no hurting in trying. Let's watch me do a really bad roll.

Before Father Grimburrow could get completely out of earshot Rendel called to him. "If it helps speed the process you should know we suspect that the group the professor was hunting is behind this tragedy and may even be targeting his daughter. The faster we can destroy this menace the more lives we can save, Iomedae willing."

Blowing my own touch of glory.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Diplomacy


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

As Vaghn leaves the company of the priest and re-joins Rendel. Madeline bids the folk she is talking to a good day and joins them as well.

Upon hearing that they shall be waiting until a future, unspecified time to review certain ledgers her lips form a small 'Mue' as evidence of her thoughts but for now she remains quiet and, with Rendel, Vaughn and Smith, begins walking towards the Faux Tomb.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline's home computer has crashed. They will be getting it fixed and be back as soon as time and money allows. As well as when the proper sacrifices to apease the computer gods have been made. :P I hope to be back soon.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Cat:Bag. Cards:Table:

Creel turns back to the councilor. His face grave.

"Yes the timing is suspicious. I actually suspect this attack was related to professor Lorrimor’s work, but it was not vengeance of the forest."

Creel glances about to see who in in earshot before lowering his voice and contiuing.

"It would be best to keep this quiet but the professor found evidence of a group of undead worshipers poking around Harrowstone. Uncovering this group may have cost the professor his life, and this group is most likely behind this attack."

"There is nothing definite, nothing actionable, yet. There is no indication, not even a murmur, that anyone in Ravengro is involved. So far as we know they are only interested in the ruin and the spirits that haunt it. If that were all I would almost be inclined to say live and let live but what the professor found out about this group says that they are not simply studying Harrowstone. They have a goal; they want to use Harrowstone somehow. I do not know exactly what their plan is but if they succede will be bad, and it will happen first and hardest right here."

"However we were lucky and the professor has given us some pointers on how to stop them. They appear to be interested in the fire that destroyed Harrowstone. So that is a place to start. We need to know what they know in order to stop them."

"To do this we will need to work together. You have records about the ruin that even the cult has not accessed; this is the best way to get ahead of them to either destroy them or to convince them to move on. Somewhere here, in the town records, or in the Temple rolls, or elsewhere in Ravengro are the tools needed to stop these dangerous fools."

"I am very very sorry to have to tell you this. No community should be plagued with vermin like this. But you are strong, Ravengro is a vital healthy community and in myself and the others you have some expert exterminators. Working together we can clean out this muck and let you get back to the real work of this community."

Creel stands silent now, a look of concern on his face as we waits for the counsilor to digest the information.

Cheliax

Madeline's real PC will be back to working order in short order, or so we can only hope. Good luck.

Vaghn and Rendel:
As he walks away, Rendel speaks and Father Grimburrow stops short. He bows his head slightly, seeming to weigh your words before turning slowly and walking back up to the two of you. He looks at Rendel and speaks, "I would be the last soul to deny the Lady of Graves her due, but I suppose you are right. There is no need for needless misery or untimely death. Perhaps a small peak at the records, in my presence, can't hurt overmuch. Meet with me at the Temple in the early morning. We'll look then.Now gentlemen, I must return to my duties here. I bid you a pleasant afternoon. Blessings." With that, Father Grimburrow departs.

Creel:
Diplomacy roll, please. Councilman Gharen Muricar listens to your words, cocking his ear toward you to give you his full attention. He seems to look away as he listens, as if he is scanning the crowd, but says nothing until you're finished speaking. He nods then, shaking his head a little to the left and right, with a disapproving frown that carries the weight of his displeasure. He says, "It appears, then, we have a bigger problem. I'll speak with the council right away. Would your group being willing to share Professor Lorrimor's research? Or moreover, any proof of this cult? It would help immensely in rousing the rest of the council to action."

Gharen stops, thinking for a moment, then continues. "You could speak with Father Grimburrow about the Temple records, but I doubt he'll open them up to you. He's not known to share such with outsiders. You may have more luck with Alendru Ghoroven, over at the Scroll, who is a bit of a student of history."


Male Human Inquisitor 2
TheReplacementGM wrote:

Madeline's real PC will be back to working order in short order, or so we can only hope. Good luck.

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Rendel bows to the priest. "Thank you. I promise we won't squander your trust in us."


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn smiles and nods gratefully to Father Grimburrow when he agrees to help. He then turns to Rendel. "Good thinking there. We might make a diplomat out of you yet! Now, if you would be so good, I would like to pay my respects to my old friend. Lead on."


Male Human Inquisitor 2
Vaghn der Grafft wrote:
Vaghn smiles and nods gratefully to Father Grimburrow when he agrees to help. He then turns to Rendel. "Good thinking there. We might make a diplomat out of you yet! Now, if you would be so good, I would like to pay my respects to my old friend. Lead on."

While heading to the professor's grave Rendel graces vaughn and himself with iomedae's glory.

Toch of Glory on myself adn Vaughn again. 1 use left.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
TheReplacementGM wrote:

Madeline's real PC will be back to working order in short order, or so we can only hope. Good luck.

Good luck Madeline.

Today's special. Fresh buttered Coulcilman, market price:
Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Of course, we will gladly share whatever we find with you. If the late professor had a fault it was that he was far too inclined to try to face these horrors alone.

However as far as physical evidence we have presious little. We have the professors journal where he describes his findings and investigation. We have the body of one of the wolves that attacked Madame Lorrimor, this beast was not your usual wolf. It was larger and it's features were distorted. And we have a figure that was seen at the from door of the Lorrimer house during the wolf attack. A figure that simply faded away when challanged. So you see there is no real evidence to bring before the council. It may be best to delay going to the council until we have more evidence. There is a faction in town that resents our presence here and the scant data we have could easily be twisted to suit their purpose.

Speaking of our presence in town, do you have any advice on how we could strengthen our social position here? We are no threat to the town and we can help each other in the troubled times to come. How do you recommend we make this case?

Cheliax

And then there were three... Someone go out, hit Giles and Torthen over the head, and tell them we have a game on! Also, if you haven't already, wish Madeline best of luck on her computer woes....Finally, if Torthen or Giles doesn't post soon, I may bring in some friends to fill the spots. I'm thinking June 1st is a good date. What do you guys say? Now, onto the fun!

Creel:
The Councilman stands before you, patting his hands down gently on his jacket, as if smoothing out the fabric. He doesn't this, absent-mindedly, as he listens to you talk. You notice him glance around on occasion, as well, but he appears, in the end, to hear all that you've said. As you finish, he nods.

"Well, sir, I couldn't agree more. I'll bring it to the council anyway, but in confidence, of course. We don't want to alert the townsfolk if we have little to show them. Otherwise, we'll only see fear and panic. We have enough of that already. In the meantime, you and your friends should seek out more evidence and when you do, bring it to me right away. I'll make sure the council hears about it!" With that, Gharen offers you a large smile and pauses, offering you his hand. Then, he continues, saying, "Of course, if there is anything you need that is within reason, please don't hesitate to ask. In the meantime, if you're looking to improve your status, I'd suggest being visible around town. Perhaps dinner in the tavern a few nights, alongside a few rounds of drinks, would be wise. If anything, it'll reminds the good people of my town that you're not the aloof, strange 'city folk' holed up at the edge of town many of them believe you to be."

Before you leave, Gharen stops and leans in forward. "Oh, and one more thing. Many pope will tell you Harrowstone is haunted. But those are just stories. It's dangerous, but
what folks think are ghosts are only the nasty vermin that live there."

With that, the councilman looks up, winces, and pulls up his collar. You immediately notice, as well. The cold, loud snap of a rain drop on his jacket is immediately followed by one on your cheek, and when you look up, you can see storm clouds gathering. It begins to rain, albeit only lightly now.

Rendel and Vaghn:
Your journey to Rendels Grave takes a few minutes, as you are already in the Restlands. When you arrive, you see that the headstone has since been erected and it reads, "In Loving Memory: You were a father, a teacher, and a friend. Your daughter, Kendra. RIP Dad. Professor Lorrimor, 4660-4711. Otherwise, the grave seems untouched and free from abuse. A single rose rests atop the headstone.

As you look around and share a moment of silence. you hear the light 'pitter-patter' of rain begin, tapping on your shoulder. When you look up, you can see the gathering storm clouds. The weather does not look like it will improve.


Male Human Inquisitor 2
TheReplacementGM wrote:
Your journey to Rendels Grave takes a few minutes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Cheliax

Rendel Bladetwist wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

In my defense, I wrote this post at 3:30 AM this morning, after eating breakfast and shortly before leaving work. I was tired. LOL. As you all know, that should have read "Professor Lorrimor's Grave."


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
TheReplacementGM wrote:
Rendel Bladetwist wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
In my defense, I wrote this post at 3:30 AM this morning, after eating breakfast and shortly before leaving work. I was tired. LOL. As you all know, that should have read "Professor Lorrimor's Grave."

Aw man, and here I was hoping Rendal had encountered the ghost of christmas yet to come.

All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray:

Creel ignores the rain. He's been in worse and he finds that giving people the choice of arguing with him or getting out of the rain an effective way to help folks do the right thing.

"Councilman Muricar, Gharen I thank you for your advice and I do have one favor that I hope will be within reason. We will need access to the municipal records concerning Harrowstone. The ruin may not be haunted but something about the place brought the cult here. If we can find out what it is and destroy it the cult will move on. But we need to know what it is first, the town records could be vital. Will you help us search the records for the way to stop these attacks?

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Haha, all this ominous rain a clue that we should head back home? :P Vaghn silently bows his head and says his goodbyes, praying that Pharasma will keep the Professor safe and reward him for the good he did in this life. "Good bye, my friend. I shall avenge you, I swear it!" This last was in a fierce whisper. After he turns to Rendel. "Thank you for your patience. As we will not be able to look at the Temple's records until dawn, should we return to the Lorrimor household? Or would you prefer to try to join up with our companions first?"


Male Human Inquisitor 2
Vaghn der Grafft wrote:
Haha, all this ominous rain a clue that we should head back home? :P Vaghn silently bows his head and says his goodbyes, praying that Pharasma will keep the Professor safe and reward him for the good he did in this life. "Good bye, my friend. I shall avenge you, I swear it!" This last was in a fierce whisper. After he turns to Rendel. "Thank you for your patience. As we will not be able to look at the Temple's records until dawn, should we return to the Lorrimor household? Or would you prefer to try to join up with our companions first?"

A break from smiting evil? BAH! HUM BUG! We smite evil every day as our business Mr. Creel! Half a day off! I care not if the other paladins are taking the whole day!

Rendel had been quietly muttering his own prayers when Vaughn interrupted him. He didn't say anythign at first, merely looking up at the rain seeming to let it wash away the long struggles of the day. HE then looked back at Vaughn. "We should meet with the others and at least look on this tomb. I would not venture into it just yet. We've expended resources and taken injury this morning. Some rest and refreshment will be needed if we encounter anything in the darkness below."

Cheliax

Creel:
The councilman, headed out of the rain, waves a hand in your direction and says, "You heard my suggestion. I'll speak with the council and, if they elect to open our records, then we'll talk." He continues to walk away, ducking into a building and out of the rain.

Rendel and Vaghn:
Just let me know what you're doing. I'm assuming you're going to meet up with Madeline, but she's AFK for the time being. Also, we still haven't heard from Giles or Torthen. Sigh... I'm trying to keep this going, but things look about as cheery as this weather...


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Creel turns up his collar.

"Well that went better than expected." He glances at the sky trying to figure the time.

"Close enough to elevenses I think." Creel begins to walk towards the Outward Inn. He is whisteling the tune to a rather dirty song involving a series of increasingly risque misunderstandings at a fruitstand.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madline and Mr Smith follow along beside/behind Mr Creel.

Madeline walks along, enjoying Mr Creels tune, though she has no idea as to the tune's context.

Posting when I can. =)

Cheliax

As Madeline and Creel walk toward the Outward Inn, the rain gradually hardens. Above, he vast, dark grey clouds thicken, bringing evening to the town of Ravengro a little earlier than normal. All around the town, you can see people returning to their homes, buttoning up windows, and drawing the shades. Here and there, they light lanterns, illuminating their homes and filling the streets with the smell of oil.

As you approach the inn, you can see other townsfolk headed in. You don't see Vaghn or Rendel.

Rendel, Vaghn - where are you guys headed?


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

I believe we were going to try to meet back up with Madeline and Smith. So we would first swing back by the Temple, see that she is no longer there and then...?

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15 With further minuses for distance, darkness, rain, and the fact that they aren't actually there... :P

"Hmm... I don't see them anywhere. They must have decided to find shelter from the rain. I doubt they would have been allowed in the temple unless they are members of the faithful... You don't think they decided to go investigate the false tomb do you?"


Male Human Inquisitor 2
Vaghn der Grafft wrote:

I believe we were going to try to meet back up with Madeline and Smith. So we would first swing back by the Temple, see that she is no longer there and then...?

Perception 1d20 - 1 With further minuses for distance, darkness, rain, and the fact that they aren't actually there... :P

"Hmm... I don't see them anywhere. They must have decided to find shelter from the rain. I doubt they would have been allowed in the temple unless they are members of the faithful... You don't think they decided to go investigate the false tomb do you?"

"I can't say. I just hope Creel doesn't decide to have a friendly chat with any terrors from beyond the stars. I suppose we should try and catch up with them I had a mind to visit a leatherworkers before we met with them if we happen upon one that's open I need to make a stop."


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"So... a quick tour around town then, to locate a leatherworker and our wayward companions?" Vaghn grins cheekily while remaining relatively dry in his oiled leathers and wide-brimmed hat.

Cheliax

While walking around the city, looking for places that work leather, the clouds darken more, the rain growing heavier. As you make your way across the river and north again, you notice most of the people in the "center" of town headed into a warm-looking eatery called The Outward Inn.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Sorry for my tardy-ness. Home computer still not back.

As the rain begins to fall, Madeline winces and quickly looks for shelter,

"Tch! I shall not forget my hat in future!" She promises herself as she adjusts her scarf against the beginning rainfall. Mr Smith follows without comment.

So, Madeline and Mr Smith scampering into the 'Outward Inn'.

401 to 450 of 4,956 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.