Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


251 to 300 of 4,956 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Inquisitor 2
TheReplacementGM wrote:
Rendel Bladetwist wrote:

Reflex Save1d20+1

Well that's hardly surprising there.

Ouch! Well, you drop your weapon the square you were in. Do you have another you can draw? ALL: Again, I'm off to work. I'll pick this back up later tonight (your time) when I get home!!

Well, I do have THIS!

Move: Draw Stake!


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Init 3 Round 6

Move to the square north of Torthen to cover his flank.
Attack the Wlf4

Halberd 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Blasted doging doggies!


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

"Argh! My shoes!" Madeline cries as she falls.

Ref Save to get up?:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

And she vainly struggles to get her boot out of the wolves' mouth.

"Let go! Stupid beast! Those leathers are expensive!"


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

Att Roll:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18(What minuses for attacking 'into melee'?)

Dam Roll:1d10 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 4 = 10


Male Human, Ustalav Rogue, 1

After a night of drinking cider (spiked with whiskey of course), tales by the fire and barging with Sarianna to have her join him in his bed, Giles left alone for his room.

The next morning, Giles awoke with only a mild hangover. He splashed a few drops of water on his face before fumbling around for the silver flask. A few moments of worry were quickly pasted when he spotted it at the foot of his bed. He crawled over to it and flip the lid, taking only the very few remaining drops left. "Hells of a way to start a morning." He yawned then looked around the room.

OOC:

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Aaaaaand...:
Crap. Guess I get to sleep through everything after all. Oh well, beauty sleep. :P

Cheliax

'Smith' wrote:

Att Roll:1d20+5(What minuses for attacking 'into melee'?)

Dam Roll:1d10+3+4

There are no minuses for attacking into melee. There's no "Ref save" to get up. It's a move action that you can take on your turn. It, however, provokes an attack of opportunity. Also, how is Smith getting +3 AND +4 to damage? That didn't seem correct, so I looked it up in the Gnomes' Book. Please see spoiler.

Madeline:
Madeline needs to read all of the text associated with weapons, armor, and so on. I'm starting to notice a trend here... ;)

"An alchemically-fired piston in the
head of this two-handed hammer strikes targets with
astounding force. Successful sunder attacks made
with a piston maul deal an additional +4 points of
damage.
A piston maul requires a thunderstone
to function; otherwise you treat it as a
greatclub.'

So, no, Mr. Smith does not get a +7 to damage with this weapon unless he's making a sunder attack. If you have questions, please see the Gnomes of Golarion, pg 22.

With a steady, possibly lucky strike, Mr. Smith slams the head of his gnomish maul into the creature's head, dropping it. As the wolf falls, it releases its grip on your shoe!!

Cheliax

Giles and der' Grafft:

Okay, guys, you both managed to sleep through all the action! Way to start the day, eh? Well, no harm, no fowl - but that's only because you slept through breakfast, too!

When the sun final climbs further into the sky than most of the people in Ravengro would dare call morning, a brisk knocking awakes both of you! Giles, still reeking of whiskey, manages to fumble out of his bed, knocking a silver flask to the floor as he blindly fumbles around for a drink.

Professor Vaghn der Grafft handles the morning a little better, tossing a simple sheet over his bed clothes as he answers the door. When he finally opens the latch and peaks through, he sees Sarianna standing before him, covered in soot and smirking slightly.

"Thought you boys might have died in the night, sleeping through all the bells and such. Hell, you even managed to sleep through a fire!" She smiles slightly, making it obvious that she's teasing you.

"Well, I thought you might want to know that while you slept, wolves attacked the town, and to boot, they seemed especially interested in the old Lorrimor place, which got hit pretty hard. I don't know the details yet, but I thought you might want to know. Also, I saved you some roasted duck if you're hungry."

With that, Sarianna turns and begins to walk down the hall, headed for the stairs. Before she descends, however, she turns and says, almost as if it were a second thought, "Oh, and by the way, welcome to Ravengro. We used to be a fairly normal town..."


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

[spoiler=Morning]Oh the pun hurts! It hurts!
Vaghn blushes a little. "Oh! I say, terribly sorry! It was a long journey, took more out of me than I expected it would. Wolves you say? And fire? Oh my! Is everyone alright? Is there anything I can do to help?" He begins to step out into the hall and realizes his state of undress. Blushes again. "Um, perhaps I will dress first. Then, if there is anything I might do to help out, please do not hesitate to ask. Oh, and I simply must go check to make sure Kendra is alright. Er, Lady Kendra I mean!" He chuckles nervously. "I guess I should check on Herr de Savorie as well... Thank you for the welcome! And the duck, I should love some, thank you, and some hot water if you don't mind. Excuse me now, I really should put something on."
He closes the door politely and stops to think for a moment. He would have to ask more about the fire. Wolves attacking a town however? That did not seem right, and it did not sit well with him. Not well at all

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Any insight on what would drive wolves to attack a town?

Vaghn will dress, break his fast on cold roast duck and hot tea, check in on Giles, and, unless Sarianna has any immediate requests for his aid, go to check on the Lorrimor household. Over breakfast he will also ask the specifics of the fire.

Cheliax

Vaghn der Grafft wrote:

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8
Any insight on what would drive wolves to attack a town?

Your knowledge of predators isn't as strong as you'd like, but you seem to recall that packs of wolves normally attack prey, for food, and at night. You cannot recall any instances where wolves have been recorded attacking my day, especially in heavily populated areas. It strikes you as extremely strange.


The dwarf bellows out mightily, having seen what he did:

"There's an intruder near th' house's doors! Be aware!"

With that said, he proceeded to do all he could to end the wolf before him with the steel of his hammer.

Attack! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage! 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

This diceroller hates me. I swear it does.

With his attack done, the druid takes a wary step closer to the house's side, in order to get a better look.

5' step, move me south, please!


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

TheReplacementGM:
Ah! Sorry for that! I must remember to read all of the fine print in the books. I do apologise. *Bows*

Madeline simply rolls over, the better to see the lay of the terrain, or what has become of Torthen's pit...

The larger black wolf that fell into the pit? Is it still trapped? if so...

Madeline looks to the small pit created by the Dwarf. "Save the trapped one! Don't kill it!" She cries.

Hopefully in time to save the Wolf's life...*crosses fingers*...

Cheliax

The one in the pit is dead.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline sighs..."Such a waste..." Then sees about getting up, with out becoming Doggy nibblits. :P

Smith moves to protect/cover Madeline.


Male Human, Ustalav Rogue, 1

"Fire? Wolves? Sounds like it was a good thing I slept in." Giles had a rather disheveled look and smelled of booze and a general muskiness. He cleaned himself up a bit then followed Vaghn to breakfast (filling up his flask) and the Lorrimor homestead.

Cheliax

Round 6

On 16, the wolf facing Smith, Rendel, and Madeline takes a five ft. free step, attacks Madeline, and knocks her prone.
On 10 Smith attacks and kills the wolf facing them.
On 9 Kendra fires a few more missiles at the wolf facing off with Torthen, dealing 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7 damage. The wolf looks badly injured.
On 8 Madeline gets up.
On 6 Tharnik limps over to help Kendra.
On 3 Creel attacks the last wolf, but misses it.

Round 7

On 16, the last wolf follows and attacks Torthen. Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13; damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2; Trip attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22. The wolf just barely misses Torthen!
On 10 Smith...
On 9 Kendra..
On 8 Madeline...
On 6 Tharnik...
On 3 Creel...

Doesn't look like that last wolf has much left in it!!

Map here


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Round 6 init 3

If the wolf is still alive:

The snarling beast lunges at Torthen as he moves. This was a mistake. A fatal mistake. Creel steps forward and the long spike of the halberd stabs into the wolf just behind its foreleg.
5' step to O-6. Attack Wlf4. Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18, Damage:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

If the doggie has passed on:

Move to Q-9. If I do not see the figure Torthen mentioned then double move to front doors at P-12. If I can see the figure from Q-9: "Hold fast friend. It is a strange day for callers."

Cheliax

Creel wrote:

Round 6 init 3

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Noted


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Seeing a satisfying spray of blood erupt from the wolf as it whimpers and dies. Rendel picks up his sword, nodding in acknowledgement at the strange woman before casually going to lend support elsewhere.

Free: Shift stake to off hand.

Move: Pick up my sword.
Move: Move to N5

EDIT: Or nevermind I'm an idiot. Corrected.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline picks herself up as the others 'finish off' the remaining wolf, though her expression is blank. For a moment she checks the damage done to her shoes and own legs, before turning to a quiescent Smith and placing another 'healing patch' upon his savaged frame.

Cast: Rejuvenate Eidolon(Lesser);Heals 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"*Tsk! Just look at you..." She mutters under her breath, even as she adjusts the black, Varisian silk scarf she is wearing with one hand absently to keep her long midnight tresses gathered.

"Yes...Mistrss..." Is Smith's quiet reply.

Cheliax

As Rendel grabs his sword and moves south, Kendra steps away from the house, aims her wand one last time, and fires off two more missiles. The magical darts fly from her hand, whisking around Torthen and striking the wolf in its chest. It drops dead at his feet.

Giles and der Gafft:
Meanwhile...

The both of you are presented with a breakfast of cold duck, hard Varisian white cheese, and local bread, still warm from the over. A side of diced apples rounds out the meal. Fresh juice is offered, as well. When you're done eating, and cleaned up, Sarianna gives you directions to the old Lorrimor place, which isn't far from here (it is, however, across the river). She wishes the both of you well, giving Giles a curious look when he requests additional whiskey for his flask.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Asking Sarianna:
Did she happen to know anything about the fire? Wolves certainly did not start it!

Cheliax

Vaghn der Grafft wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Reply:
Sarianna smiles, shrugs her shoulders, then bends in close. Leaning over your table, she says, "Well, best we can figure, it started when the wolves spooked ol' man Hardwick who was tending to his forge. He pulled a still red-hot blade and used it to defend himself, but sent sparks all over the place. We're guessing one of them must have caught something dry and next thing we know, his whole place is on fire!"

stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
TheReplacementGM wrote:

As Rendel grabs his sword and moves south, Kendra steps away from the house, aims her wand one last time, and fires off two more missiles. The magical darts fly from her hand, whisking around Torthen and striking the wolf in its chest. It drops dead at his feet.

Round 6 init 3

Ah, option 2 then. Damn that was a good damage roll too. Still, no use crying over spilt wolf. On we go!


Torthen can only manage to grumpf at his lack of seeing the intruder now. Still, he manages to go along and keep Creel moving with him - the timely slaying of the wolf freed him from obligations, and moves with swiftness.

Doublemove, end at Q12; if I see someone, I will order them to stop in their tracks!


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
Torthen Azduum wrote:

Torthen can only manage to grumpf at his lack of seeing the intruder now. Still, he manages to go along and keep Creel moving with him - the timely slaying of the wolf freed him from obligations, and moves with swiftness.

Doublemove, end at Q12; if I see someone, I will order them to stop in their tracks!

[Max Headroom] Two low initiative characters with but a single plan. [/Max Headroom]


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Thanks!:
Vaghn thanks her warmly, reiterates his offer of help if she, or this "ol' man Hardwick" needs it after the day's events, and nips off to the Lorrimor estate. Yay, finally time to meet the rest of the party!

Cheliax

With combat ended, the smell of smoke on the horizon, and the shadow of a figure standing in the doorway before Kendra's home, all but order seems to reign on the grounds that are the former Professor Lorrimor's Estate.

As Creel and Torthen round the front of the house, shouting orders to whatever person stands there to stop, they see a startling sight. The figure, all-too dark for early morning, turns to them, opens its arms to the sky, and then fades completely from view. Unsure of what they have seen - and with each passing moment of further searching - the two discover absolutely no one present, nor any hint of a figure in or around the doorway. In fact, even after a quick search of the area, only the dead bodies of the wolves (and the large pit in Kendra's front yard) alert anyone to a disturbance at the home.

After a quick search of the home, Kendra asks each of you to help her clean the yard, raking what dirt you can back into the pit. She invites you, if it is your desire, to skin the bodies of the wolves behind the house, clearly disgusted by the idea, so that she need not see that gruesome work. She then bids you bury the bodies in the pit in the front yard, which she notes with some irony, that Torthen prepared with some foresight.

It takes your group close to an hour to clean the yard, bury the wolves, and to clean and bandage yourselves after the battle. Although she is shaken, Kendra seems otherwise unhurt. Tharkin, however, has not been so lucky. When you inspect his wounds, he bears a deep cut in his abdomen that seeps dark, thick blood. He's bandaged it as best he's able, but he's obviously pale and weak from the attack. Kendra seems a little saddened by this, but you suspect it may also be the shock of the attack, compounded by the loss of her father.

After everything is clean, the wounded are comfortable, and Kendra has prepared some food, she bids all of you enter the living room and eat a little. She offers each of you some wine with your lunch, and then, when all is said and done, speaks.

"I suppose I owe each of you, especially the good Tharnik, for ensuring my safety. I'm not sure what just happened, but I sensed something unnatural about this event ...and have noted lingering auras that are ...shall we say, less than wholesome. If you hadn't guessed, Tharnik and I were out to fetch the maid and a handyman when the wolves struck. He defended me, but as you can see, took a nasty bite in the process."

Kendra looks over to Tharnik, whose eyes seem heavy with exhaustion, and nods. Then, she continues.

"He managed to defend me until we could get back here ..but as you can see, this was the focus of the attack. We may have been smarter to go elsewhere. But I thought to warn you, and to protect whatever it is that my father left."

She pauses then, sipping her wine as she looks at each of you, then continues.

"My father, he knew something was going on. I could see it in his eyes. I don't know precisely what he was investigating, but it was obviously tied to this town and I suspect this is really why he asked you to stick around. Not just for my safety, but to protect the good people of Ravengro. I think, perhaps, it is now time we go down into the basement and see precisely what it is he left you..."

As Kendra rises to go downstairs, there is a loud knock on the front door....

Giles and der Grafft:

After eating a quick, if late, morning meal with Sarianna, the two of you depart. It doesn't take you long to travel west across town, and using the directions given to you, you cross the river with ease (taking the town bridge, of course) and enjoy a short walk to the Lorrimor Estate. As you two approach, two things are quickly apparent. First, all of the shudders are closed and locked. Additionally, it appears the drapes are drawn, as well. Secondly, there is a large, fresh mound of dirt in the front yard. Finally, the yard is torn here and there, with several areas sporting what looks like dark, black stains in the grass. You aren't sure, but it appears these "stains" trail off behind the house.

As you get closer to the front door, offering each other curious glances, you can hear Kendra speaking from inside. Right before you knock on the door, you hear, "I think, perhaps, it is now time we go down into the basement and see precisely what it is he left you.."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline frowns, sad that she has no real skill at helping Tharnik.

If possible, since Madeline has absolutely no interest in butchering the poor deceased Wolves. Might she and Mr Smith go into town to both see what else has transpired as well as garnering something to aid in Tharnik's healing...?


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

If no one among the houseguests can help then I think our first responsibility is seeing to Tharnik's wound.

Creel will certainly consider getting that wound healed a FAR higher priority than gardening.

Sorry DM but the only way I can see events playing out as in your wrap up post is if Creel remains unaware of that wound or if one of us heals it before we start playing with holes and corpses.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

If Kendra opens the door:
"Ah! Um, Miss Kendra! Hello. I'm so sorry; we left as soon as we could, arrived late last night, missed the funeral by a couple hours, and, um... slept in. Gods, it is good to see you again. I mean, good to see that you weren't hurt!" He blushes mightily. "I had heard there were wolves. I trust all is well now? I mean, other than..." He nervously wipes his eyeglasses on the folds of his formal Lepidstadt University faculty robe. His next words are thick, as if he is on the brink of tears. "I am so sorry Kendra. He was the closest thing I ever had to a father and... I want to help in any way I can." Finally he proffers a small bouquet of rather bedraggled wildflowers he picked on the way over and smiles wanly.

And if someone else opens it...:
"Ah! Hello. Um, may I speak with the, er, the lady of the house please?"

Cheliax

Tharnik is weak, but won't die. He cast CLW on himself after the fight and believes he'll be able to do more in the morning. The "seeping" was descriptive text by the GM. He's not "bleeding" in the game mechanics sense...

Tharnik thanks each of you for your concern, but waves you off, "I'll be fine in a day or two. It's only a dog bite. Deep and painful, but nothing I can't weather with a few days bed rest."


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Before dealing with the wolves.
"If you are sure it doesn't need attention Tharnik."
“You’re a tougher man than I."

While working with the others.
To all: “Who do you suppose the strange vanishing man was? And why do you suppose he was here. I mean nit must be related to the strange behavior of the wolves and the odd giant bugs last night.”

there is a loud knock on the front door....
Creel looks first to Tharnik then to Madeline and Rendal. Creel is unsure of his standing in the house and it seems to him that the others have a better claim on offering a stranger entry to the Lorrimer home.

He keeps his hand on his sword. Shield and newly sharpened axe are in the entryway.

Cheliax

Kendra says, "Well, I'm not expecting any more guests, but it appears to be one of those days..."

Then, she gets up, and opens the door slightly, looking out to see who is there.

Upon seeing the man and his companion, she opens the door further, letting the duo in her foyer. You all hear the man, who is dressed somewhat haphazardly, in a scholarly sort of way, say, "Ah! Um, Miss Kendra! Hello. I'm so sorry; we left as soon as we could, arrived late last night, missed the funeral by a couple hours, and, um... slept in. Gods, it is good to see you again. I mean, good to see that you weren't hurt!"

He pauses for a second, peeking around the corner to look at you and then turning a little red as Kendra looks at him.

"I had heard there were wolves. I trust all is well now? I mean, other than..." You see him nervously wipe his spectacles on the folds of his formal Lepidstadt University faculty robe.

Then suddenly, he starts to choke back his words, obviously emotional. "I am so sorry Kendra. He was the closest thing I ever had to a father and... I want to help in any way I can."

You see him, slightly shaking, hand Kendra some flowers.

The other man, who is definitely more rugged looking, stands besides him silently.

Cheliax

Okay, the gang is all hear. Do your worst....And with that, the GM departs for dreamier realms...


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3
Creel wrote:

While working with the others.

To all: “Who do you suppose the strange vanishing man was? And why do you suppose he was here. I mean it must be related to the strange behaviour of the wolves and the odd giant bugs last night.”

there is a loud knock on the front door....
Creel looks first to Tharnik then to Madeline and Rendal. Creel is unsure of his standing in the house and it seems to him that the others have a better claim on offering a stranger entry to the Lorrimer home.

Madeline raises an eyebrow at Creel's question.

"Man? What man? And vanished, you say?" Madeline frowns..."This does not bode well along with the information in regards to Professor Lorrimar..." Her brows knit as she thinks upon things. At the sounding of the knock upon the door, Madeline stands and directs Smith upstairs, she following.

"I, for one, am certainly no longer fit for mixing with company. Smith needs at least a wash after being drooled upon by those wolves..." She mutters as she heads up to the rooms assigned to the pair.

So, at least a quick rub down and change of what ever clothes are available after the tussle with the doggies. Shall make herself and Smith more presentable and return down stairs. *Curtsies*


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Leaving others to debate the merits of vanishing men and the damaging of a half orcs pride, he took to the dirty work of dealing with the wolves. He was the first to admit his knowledge of the natural world was lacking (a problem that would need to be rectified) but even he knew wolves did not enter towns or attack people in broad day light.

He skinned only the ones he had a hand in killing or personally dealt with himself taking care to notice any peculiar details, markings, strangeness about them. When finished he threw them into the pit along with their apparent leader.

to GM:
Any particular roll needed to skin them? Also perception to see if I can't catch anything strange about the wolves.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

After doing that and ensuring their burial he threw a few words over the graves not entirely sure his god even particularly cared. But it seemed to be the thing to do.

He then took care to get himself cleaned of the blood that covered him. Finding it personally amusing that the paladin did not seem to get a drop of blood on him despite having personally slain the leader. Was that his lot then? He would take care of the bloody and thankless work while the paladin took the glory? Perhaps it made a certain kind of sense. Iomedae herself was a paladin, or so the legends say. He washed himself for the second time that day letting his mind drift back into memory.

flashback:
Rendel sat in the front of his fathers saddle fidgeting between his fathers hard greaves. They looked down from atop a green hill into a valley that the locals simply called the graveyard. He saw smaller figures holding torches in the early morning light surround the massive graveyard below. His father helped him down from the massive stallion who snorted and shuddered growing eager to explode into action.

"What are they doing?" Rendel asked.

His father, a red bearded giant of a man nodded towards the figures. "What your mother told them to do I suspect. That's good. It'll teach them to fight their own battles. The fire will take care of the shambling fleshcrawlers easily enough. The bony ones on the other hand.."

Rendel's father reached by his saddle and pulled a large warhammer, hefty by any standard and tested its weight. "I'm afraid I'll have to deal with personally. They're too fast and too dangerous to let the villagers risk their lives in handling. Still, this shouldn't be too difficult, the priest had a long time to work but he was never particularly powerful."

Rendel looked on as the figures formed a complete circle around the graveyard and within moments a ring of fire encircled the graveyard as he saw the first signs of movement from within, slow shambling figures began to crawl their way through the ground and move slowly towards the fire.

"Why do the dead walk?" Rendel asked innocently.

His father sighed adn shook his head sadly. "The man your mother hanged was a cleric of Lamashtu, a mad god whom we strive against daily. The townsfolk didn't know their priest as anything but a humble man and by all accounts he was good for the town. In truth if he hadn't... done things to that girl he may never have caught my or your mother's notice. He may yet have a spot of revenge though. He turned all those bodies he put into ground into the walking dead to come out and avenge him upon his death. If your mother had not gleaned that information from him I deeply suspect we would not be so fortunate as have the town rally to defend themselves so easily."

Rendel looked on for a few more seconds before he heard his father detach somethign from his belt and felt the hard leather of the scabbard touch his arm. Reaching up he saw his father handing down his personal sword.

"This won't do me much good down there, I have somethign a bit more suitable. Now watch carefully. This is how men crush nightmares."

With a kick the horse exploded downhill and into the battle. As rendel watched bony figures started to claw their way out of the tombs.

Finishing his second wash of the day he wandered into the home in time for kendra to drop her veneer of total security. He crossed his arms and bit back harsh words simply allowing her to finish. He had questions but was interrupted by the knock at the door.

He watched the scholarly mans display in mild amusement though he was starting to lose his patience. His gaze turned to the other man. He took note of their appearance, and their timing. Debating whether he should leave them be, kill them on the spot, or put them to interrogation.

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Tell me your delicious secrets strange newcomers!


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Description:
A slight, bespectacled young man of Varisian heritage. He strikes you as a tad out of touch with reality, his mind constantly attacking complex metaphysical problems instead of such mundane tasks as paying attention to his surroundings. Despite this, once his attention is engaged, he displays a direct charm and winning smile that is hard to say no to, not to mention a slight roguish air that hints at depths to be found under the scholarly exterior.
He is currently wearing a well-kept scholar's robe bearing the crest of what you may or may not recognize as Lepidstadt University. He seems to be freshly washed and groomed, and his face shows earnest concern.

For Rendel:
Not much else to say, as he is not trying to conceal anything. With that perception roll you undoubtedly notice the oddity of what could be a weapon hilt at his belt, under the robe. Then again, it could also be a scroll case. As for his motive, he seems genuinely sad, and earnest in his desire to help. He also obviously is greatly infatuated with Kendra.

Cheliax

Kendra looks at the group and offers a little in the way of explanation.

"Oh, this is... uummm... Mr. Vaghn der Grafft of Lepidstadt University, a colleague of my father. We studied together. I do not know the other man, but I presume he is a friend?"

With that, Kendra studies the other man briefly before shutting the door and inviting them in.

"Please, join the others. We were just discussing the strange occurrences that have taken place here when you arrived.."


Male Human, Ustalav Rogue, 1

"Name's Giles," he said, pushing his way through to find a comfortable chair. Giles was in his mid to late thirties, stood at six feet tall and has a thin build. He brushed a hand across his short dark brown with grey flecks, before reaching into the pocket of his blue and black overcoat for a silver flask. "Giles de Savorie," he repeated his full name and took a swing of the contents of the flask. "Yes, that Giles; privileged company, no doubt." He didn't really expand on his comment, but it was rather clear (at least to him) that he was often known by name.

"Knew Prof from way back; used to work for him in fact." He took another sip from the flask. "And what's this I hear about fire and wolves? Legs back at the inn was mentioning some sort of racket this morning."


Finally, a free moment from my project. Here goes.

It is with regrets that Torthen has to bury bodies, wolves as they may be, and give them such an unpleasant burial at that. Here he does indeed assist in the placing of spare dirt back into the hole, from which he expertly carved. He utters a prayer of sorts after the burial, noting that Rendel has done the same - though the dwarf had not participated in the skinning of the beasts. It wasn't right, in his mind.

When they had been brought to food and drink, he was more than eager to accept, since he had worked up an appetite to boot. Even when newcomers walked in the door, he kept on eating his meal calmly, slowly, as if savoring every bite though it were a gift nature.

He gave a solemn nod to the newcomers, and put a fresh fruit into his maw, keen on enjoying every bit of this meal, as though it were his last. After all, it wasn't as though he asked for thanks for any of his assistance - merely hoping they knew that he felt some way about how the wolves acted - and then, began to theorize.

Knowledge(nature) - I want to think on why wolves would attack in broad daylight. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

My thoughts are they were scared into attacking, though that could be far from the truth.


Male Human Inquisitor 2
Torthen Azduum wrote:

Finally, a free moment from my project. Here goes.

It is with regrets that Torthen has to bury bodies, wolves as they may be, and give them such an unpleasant burial at that. Here he does indeed assist in the placing of spare dirt back into the hole, from which he expertly carved. He utters a prayer of sorts after the burial, noting that Rendel has done the same - though the dwarf had not participated in the skinning of the beasts. It wasn't right, in his mind.

When they had been brought to food and drink, he was more than eager to accept, since he had worked up an appetite to boot. Even when newcomers walked in the door, he kept on eating his meal calmly, slowly, as if savoring every bite though it were a gift nature.

He gave a solemn nod to the newcomers, and put a fresh fruit into his maw, keen on enjoying every bit of this meal, as though it were his last. After all, it wasn't as though he asked for thanks for any of his assistance - merely hoping they knew that he felt some way about how the wolves acted - and then, began to theorize.

Knowledge(nature) - I want to think on why wolves would attack in broad daylight. 1d20+7

My thoughts are they were scared into attacking, though that could be far from the truth.

to Torthen:
Since we're alone and doing the dirty work let's make that check for you a bit easier.

Rendel, covered up to his elbows in dirt and gore helps torthen shovel the dirt back into the pit the skins of the wolves drying nearby in the sun. They worked silently before Rendel cut into Torthen's thoughts.

"These wolves didn't attack us out of hunger, fear, or malice." Rendel said. "In fact, I don't think they were truly alive to begin with. Their eyes..."

Rendel trailed off giving the dwarf time to see for himself.


To Rendel:

Agreed - perfect time to give the inquisitor someone to trust!

Torthen nods firmly at the words of the inquisitor. He considers it deeply, and before he realizes it, he's backtracking to the combat not long past. He is not quite as clean as the paladin, but he has less bloodshed on him than the inquisitor.

"Aye, lad. Now that ye mention it, Ah can recall a look o' some greater work. Per'aps they're not so much wolves as much as they were servants of some arcanist, or worse, per'aps a blighter."

He lets his words ring, and looks to him firmly, a serious tone over his features.

"If it be a blighter, Ah warn ye now - they are as powerful as those of my calling, only they taint th' land rather than cure. If that's what it is, Ah recommend we focus our efforts on rootin' it out, if ye catch my drift."


Male Human Inquisitor 2
Torthen Azduum wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

to Torthen:
"I am afraid I am unfamiliar to your calling. Creel claims himself as a paladin but beyond being a large fool with a great too many weapons he hasn't quite proven that.

Tharnik has revealed little of himself, but I harbor no ill will to a man who admits his sins and defends women.

Madeline is strange but her companion... he does not eat sleep or beathe. And for certain he does not bleed."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

After doing her best with what she has left of her travelling gear at fixing both hers and Smith's attire, Madeline straightens her scarf (Smith mirrors his Mistresses actions) and returns to the company down stairs.

Wincing only slightly as she puts weight upon her twisted ankle (From being nibbled upon by the Wolf). She smiles to the two new comers as she moves slowly across to be seated.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13(To maybe have heard them introduce themselves while she was navigating up or down the stairs, or not)

"Well met, kind sirs." She says to them with a slight smile. "But I fear things are moving to some one else's pace. This figure that people saw along with the strange wolf attack, plus the tale of the late professors....passing." She pauses as she settles her own emotions.

"I think we must all compare notes and try and see how much information we do have between us all..." She finishes looking to Kendra with an expression that perhaps she should begin.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn's smile becomes somewhat confused. "Er, well met fraulein, herren. I am afraid you have me at a bit of a disadvantage. I had heard that the estate was attacked by wolves this morning. Most peculiar behavior, that. Is there aught else amiss? Oh, look at me, how rude. My apologies. As the gracious Lady Kendra said, I am Vaghn der Grafft, pleasure to meet you all. I take it you were all friends and associates of the dear, departed Professor? Perhaps then you all might be interested in a venture I have in mind, with your permission of course, Kendra, something to honor our late friend and mentor?"

Cheliax

Torthen Azduum wrote:
My thoughts are they were scared into attacking, though that could be far from the truth.

They were not scared into attacking, and from what you can tell, not undead or any other variety of abomination. No, they are very natural creatures... and from what you can tell, possibly under the influence of another creature... although magic and the supernatural are definitely not your areas of expertise.

Cheliax

Madeline Peshtussle wrote:
Perception:1d20+5(To maybe have heard them introduce themselves while she was navigating up or down the stairs, or not)

That's enough to catch their names.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

TheReplacementGM wrote:
...although magic and the supernatural are definitely not your areas of expertise.

No, it's mine. ;)


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
Vaghn der Grafft wrote:
TheReplacementGM wrote:
...although magic and the supernatural are definitely not your areas of expertise.
No, it's mine. ;)

oh dear. Rendal will go round the twist if we have to exhume the wolves

"Well met friends. Introduction all round I think. The tall quiet man is Rendal, the person enjoying the apple is Torthen, that's Tharnik in the corner, he did an excellent job fighting off the wolves, my name is Creel, and just coming down the stairs is the lovely Madeline and her manservant Mr.Smith."

"We are all associated with the late professor in one way or another. Indeed we are here at his request, but we can go into that later. What is this venture you mentioned?"

251 to 300 of 4,956 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.