Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Jaye's Carrion Crown

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


2,351 to 2,400 of 4,800 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
Madeline Peshtussle wrote:

Madeline ponders...

Perhaps we should precipitate this things collapse? Then climb in over the rubble...?" She muses. Though she does glance towards where the balcony is. "I really do not fancy climbing up there in the rain....She mutters.

"That is an excellent idea Madam Peshtussle."

Creel removes a rope and grapple from his pack.

"If someone not wearing a small foundry would care to attach this to a support post we can remove this part of the problem at least."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline holds up a hand, "Wait! Good friend Creel, should we not pace the perimeter before we make such a loud noise?" She points out.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Thought we had done the walk around before the scythe attack???

Creel looks at the rope in his hands, shrugs and loops it over his shoulder. "As you wish. Though I doubt thee is anything here that remains unaware of our presence."


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

While the others are discussing how to get into the prison, Alexa goes over to where the arm and scythe lie on the ground. Knowing what wielded the tool the is also a weapon but a few moments earlier, her eyes take on that distant look as she scans the weapon for any traces of undeath. If she detects nothing, she will the cast Detect Magic. Once this is done, she will pick up the weapon and take it with her if she does not sense it be undead.

Sorry for the dense post, posting from the train on my phone.

Cheliax

You're all good. I'm a little under the weather. I'll update in the morning when I wake.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3
Creel wrote:
Thought we had done the walk around before the scythe attack???

I am unsure. Just thought I'd cover the base. If we have, all and good. (^_^)

Cheliax

Wow. Got waylaid on the roadside by the Bug and his not-so-gallantry men. Still sick. Will update when I can think straight. Ughhhhh......


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Hugz* Wishing yourself and your family all the very best. Any lurgo is never fun.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Ha! Creel gains immunity to disease and the GM looses theirs.

Feel better. We will be here.
~PWO


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Hope you get to feeling better.

Cheliax

All- You had begun to walk the perimeter when you were attacked by the Scythe. You did not finish. Let me know how you would like to proceed and I'll describe what you see.

Cheliax

Alexa:
The weapon no longer radiates any sort of necromantic essence, although upon closer inspection, the scythe hardly looks serviceable.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Nods* Aye, finishing with the perimeter would be a good idea. having to run away, only to get killed by something else like the floating scythe lurking outside would be...not good...


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

After looking at the scythe, Alexa tosses it aside.
It does not appear to be haunted any more, but also it does not look like it is still usable.

Onward around the perimeter of the building sounds good.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
Valen Stellori wrote:


Hoping his sharp eyes can spot something in the growing darkness, he turns towards the balcony where the sycthe once dwelt - looking for another set of stairs that might lead to it. "Maybe see if there's another way in, perhaps?

Picking up where we off left in searching the perimeter. Since the main entrance doesn't look easily crossable, Valen is trying to find a way up to the other balcony (where the scythe was) to see if there's stairs or a way up.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Cheliax

Valen:
You notice a set of stairs just around the corner.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen rounds the corner of the building momentarily. He turns back to see the others - green eyes alight - and adds: "There's another set of stairs that lead upwards; I am assuming it will take us to the balcony above. Do we want to go this way - maybe see if there's an entrance?"

"Or do you want to keep searching the perimeter? It'll be a wet, messy walk...who knows." He leaves the options open with a shrug...awaiting a response, but clearly interested in the stairs.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline, as always followed by Smith, moves up to look at the stairs Valen has found.

"How far around the building are we?" She inquires.

Cheliax

You are about a quarter of the way, from what you can tell, around the building. You do realize that because there is a large lake on the other side of the building, you won't be able to walk around it completely. At least not without getting wet.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Given the rain, getting wet is not really avoidable. :P


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa seems to not care about the rain or getting wet in the least.

Makes no difference to me, but I am guessing that what we are searching for is in the building, not outside. We have eliminated several guards outside, I think it is time to head in and see what atrocities await therein.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

"Can we get more wet? Still I would rather avoid the lake if we can. I would hate to meet something while we are knee deep in mud. ... Well, more mud."

How about we check as far as the lakeshore and then take the stairs if nothing turns up?

Cheliax

Your group continues around the back of the prison, finding a barred window thirty feet to the east, followed by a steel door (roughly sixty feet east of the window), and finally discovering a broken section of the wall some twenty feet before the lake overtakes the eastern end of the prison. The broken section of the wall looks like you might be able to move it with some time and effort.

Valen:
While you're looking around the balcony, you notice a wooden door set into the western wall of the prison, not far from where the scythe originated.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa follows the others hesitant to use her powers due to the overwhelming presence of undeath in the area.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

"Hmmm A steel door. A back way in? Perhaps to somewhere the prisoners were not meant to go? Shall we try it?"

If there are no objections Creel approaches the steel door. He takes a quick sniff to see if there is more evil here than elsewhere on the grounds before seeing if the door will open.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Taking a deep breath, Alexa raises her hand before Creel moves forward. She then concentrates to see whether there are any undead or other detectable entities in and around the door.

Use Spirit Sense trying to focus just on the door and the area immediately adjacent.

If nothing is detected, then she will wave him forward.

Cheliax

Creel:
If evil exists beyond, it is masked by the scent of rust, decay, and mildew.

Cheliax

Alexa:
A dull, throbbing pain arises in your head indicating that the overall place is haunted. When you shake that off and focus on the steel door, your senses clear considerably. The old steel door and stone walls are masking whatever lies beyond.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa drops her hand: This whole place is haunted, but I do not sense anything on this door. Whether the steel is masking something behind it, I cannot say.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

"Yes solid steel is good for that. Only one way to find out I suppose."

Creel tries the door. If it is jammed he will lean the ax against the door frame and give the door a solid yank. Str check at +3 if there is a roll involved.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Seeing Creel attempting to 'man-handle' the door open, Madeline gestures to Smith.


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

Smith nods at his Mistress instruction and steps up to assist Creel in trying to open the door.

Aid Another, Str:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Cheliax

The door is definitely barred. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Creel and Smith lean into the ax together, trying to pry open the steel door, but find no leverage. It's still closed.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

As they make their way around the prison - before they arrive at the steel door - Valen points out that there is another door into the prison at the top of the balcony they passed earlier (where the scythe was).

He also stops to test the sturdiness of the barred window - see if it has been weakened with time. Upon seeing the attempt to open the steel door, Valen assesses to see if there's any other way to help open the door.

STR: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Knowledge(Engineering): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Cheliax

The barred window appears very secure. The steel door appears to be barred from the inside. The wooden door on the balcony appears to have aged some.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn eyes the balcony from which the scythe originated, attempting to ascertain it's ability to still bear weight.

Knowledge (engineering)1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Well all, upstairs door it is, unless we want to go back and check the main entrance. This is a prison, I would be surprised if anything but the front door allowed easy access.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods at Alexa's assessment, though she too looks to the door that leads onto the balcony.

"Indeed, though that way in might be sounder than the door which threatens to have the roof collapse upon it." Madeline indicates the upper door, suggesting the group use it instead of the unsound lower door. She has Smith drop his back pack so that she can get the silk rope from within.

"What is that fork thing one ties to the end of a rope? Madeleine asks, "I shall so buy one at the next opportunity..."


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

"You mean this?" Creel asks hefting the grapnel and rope he has just shoved back into his pack.

"Doesn't look too hard a throw. If we think the balcony can take the weight."

If our engineer gives the high sign. Attack, hook, nonproficient:1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17]

Cheliax

Vaghn:
You are certain the balcony will support your group.

Creel:
Stairs lead up to the balcony. You don't need a grappling hook.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Well I feel silly.

Creel repacks the rope and heads for the stairs. "Hmmm seem solid enough." He turns to Alexa and Madeline. "Ladies first?"


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn adjusts his hat and starts ascending the stairs, his face determined.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Blinks* (O_o)

"Are we not going in via the balcony?" Madeline calls after Master Vaghn, even as she indicates Smith should begin ascending.


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

Smith dutifully takes hold of said rope and begins to climb,

Climb:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 (Plus whatever bonuses actually using a rope might give)

Cheliax

Ummm... guys. There's a set of stairs heading up to the balcony. Are we not reading my posts?

Cheliax

The stairs leading up to the balcony are indeed the ones I meant. I am not aware of any others. Just trying to get some momentum rolling again...


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Oh, sorry...my mistake...

Cheliax

After some confusion, a grappling hook, and Smith inadvertently ascending the side of the balcony - in the rain - before realizing there were stairs, your group finally makes it up onto the old balcony overlooking the eastern side of the prison. The balcony runs the depth of the building (from south to north) and extends some fifteen feet eastward. A single, strong wooden door leads into the building. It is closed. An old chopping block, stained black, rests in the center of the balcony.

Cheliax

'Smith' wrote:
Plus whatever bonuses actually using a rope might give

Ropes never modify the Climb check. They modify the DC of the check.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline brushes her gloved hands and cautiously moves towards the door, (Ignoring any difficulties or embarrassment about the foolish antics of her Manservant), At any minute she expects some haunted, flying axe to come swooping out of the gloom to attack them all.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

2,351 to 2,400 of 4,800 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.