Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Jaye's Carrion Crown

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


2,201 to 2,250 of 4,796 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline indicates to Smith to take the back-pack and put it upon the gentleman's counter. She, herself, continues to peruse the shelves.

How many flasks of oil might be in stock? 'Tinder Twigs'? 'Sun Rods'? Rope? Sacks? The usual paraphernalia for poking about in holes. :P


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

Smith moves to do his Mistress bidding. Lifting the leather pouch and placing it where directed. He simply stands and awaits his Mistress next command.

Cheliax

Kendra steps up to Madeline and says, "I don't know why the men are being so quiet. Maybe shopping just isn't their thing?" She offers Madeline a quick wink and then makes her way down the isles, picking a few items here and there.

Vaghn, quiet up until this point, says, "Perhaps we should get three pints of oil, two sunrods, and four torches per person? And maybe three sets of tinder twigs, as well?"

Unless you're buying out the store, he has ample supplies.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline returns Kendra's smile and looks to enjoy her joke/quip. To Vaghn she nods and as said items are stacked upon the counter she begins to count coin from her pouch. As she does so, she leans casually upon the shop counter,

"Tell me, good Sir...Has Master Gibs..." And she indicates the other fellows place with a nod of her head, "Been so taciturn of late?"

Diplomacy:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (Plus any bonuses for beginning to stack coins out for him)

Cheliax

The man looks up at you, at the gold, and back at you. Then he says, "Been what?"


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline smiles.

"Out of sorts..." She replies. "Perchance might the local scamps be taking out their whims upon his property?" She clarifies.

So...other than making fire (Which is not a bad thing when it comes to bugs) Is there anything else people can think of that might be useful? Water skin? Rope? Piton? Poles? Any of the 'classic' dungeoneering tools?

Cheliax

"Oh, yeah, well, I guess. Ummm.... Hmmmmm...." The man scratches his chin, adjust his spectacles, and looks at the coins again. "Of course, I'm not one for spreading rumors."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline arches an eyebrow, "So...has Master Gibs been complaining of vandalism of late?" She asks, "Or pf others throwing rock and such at his doors and windows?"

Cheliax

The shop keep looks back at Madeline, glances momentarily at Kendra, and then leans in close. He lowers his voice, inviting Madeline in closer.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline leans closer to accommodate...


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Not wanting to intrude on the quite conversation Creel moves to admire the armor.

Sigh.....maybe someday...

Cheliax

Madeline:
"Between you and I, that man has always been... well... a little vacant. He's never left this town and doesn't trust outsiders - adventurers, especially. He's a loner. Never had much use for women, either, as far as I can tell. Not that that is wrong, even if it is a bit strange, just not a very social person. He doesn't like what he doesn't understand." The shop keep smiles, slides two gold coins from the pile, and continues, "What's more, he has been acting pretty strange this past week or so. Ever since Professor Lorrimor died, he's been, well, even stranger. More the recluse. What he tried to do at that funeral, that's just the beginning. He's been talking to folks."

The man counts the coins on the counter, letting them click loudly on the wooden top as he figures the cost. "Well, ma'am, with that backpack, ten small bottles of oil, ten sunrods, five tindertwigs, and thirty torches, I'm going to call the total twenty-seven Ustalavian Crowns. Less you folks need something else? Maybe bandages? Good, light rope? I got some of that silk stuff, too. Not many can afford it, nor really need it, but you might be the sort."

Suddenly one of his daughters, this one clearly blonde and easily fourteen summers old, pokes her head out from behind the door and says, "Mother wants to know if our guests would like tea while they continue to shop?" The girl smiles at Madeline, but upon noticing Smith, gives a little grimace and quickly closes the door.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Apologies for the delay. Been a ill of late, and then Paizo goes down for the afternoon. So, bit of a retro-post.

Valen looks around, noding in agreement with Madeline and Vaughn's suggestions on equipment. "Perhaps some rope, if we suspect we'll be climbing below the building - there may be clues in a basement or subvault we'll have to check out. Aside from that, maybe a few sacks or pouches for any materials we may find for further study?"

At the sounds of the children, Valen smiles a bit at their excitement. After both the plague tragedy he left in Crowsbridge, and the strange things (and deaths) he's seen here, their brightness was a welcome sight. As they are shoo'd away, he gives the girls a small wave.

When one of them returns to offer tea, he adds,"Yes, young miss - that would be most welcome after the morning's dampness."

In the meantime, to the rest of the group - minus Madeline who's currently involved in gossip with the shopkeeper - he whispers quietly while pointing at her:
"Ummm...is she paying for all these goods? Begging pardon, but I hardly have two coins to rub together - so I can hardly be counted on to help with the purchases. I'm...unused to such generosity." He finishes with a shrug while waiting.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline smiles at the young lass' offer, and seemingly ignores the girl's attitude/attention towards Smith. As, indeed, Madeline almost seems to forget about Smith herself. She thanks the good shop keeper for his assessment of their purchases.

"Indeed some rope, the lighter variety seems a sound choice." She nods in thought "Also, yes...the bandages would also be handy." She leaves thirty crown's upon the counter top as she indicates the group should begin gathering the agreed upon items/supplies. She leans closer to the good shop owner.

Spoiler:
"Perhaps, should Master Gibs come to you with any other...grievances...in regards to myself or my other compatriots. Then you might find your way to Miss Kendra's home to compare his thoughts to our actions and words?" She asks.

"And the thought of some warm tea is indeed wonderful." She adds, then adds with a glance towards the door.

"The local Black-smith? Where abouts are they located? I have an idea for a commission and I would seek their assistance on a thing or two..." Madeline asks.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa wanders around the room, but she has little experience with adventuring in tunnels and caves and she has rarely had the need for such things as oil to kill bugs in the woods.

When the offer of tea comes, she smiles at the little girl and then calls Spark to her arm where she gets down to her knees and shows the owl to the little girl and her siblings.

Cheliax

The man smiles at Madeline and replies, "Yes, ma'am, I believe I can do that. The rope you seek is in back, being a little more expensive than normal rope, so I'll just fetch that. Extra packs, canvas bags, and the like are on the bottom shelf, far right. Right up front, here." He points to the bags and, as Madeline follows his direction, easily notices said cloth sacks.

When he returns with the rope, he sets it on the counter and speaks. "Well, ma'am, if you're going to buy this here, all sixty feet of it, I'll toss in five of them canvas sacks in free. Call it eleven crowns. Sound fair?"

As he finishes his sentence and waits for Madeline to fetch the additional crowns, one of his daughters appears from behind the counter carrying an ornately carved wooden tray. Five cups of tea, in fairly nice china, rest on the tray. One she puts the tray down, she immediately notices Spark and lets out a little squeal. She looks at her father, who gives her a little smile and nods. Then, she moves around the counter and slowly walks toward Alexa. She tentatively reaches out and strokes the owl's snow-colored feathers, marveling at the creature. She looks at Alexa and, as if uncorked, fires off a series of questions. "Did you catch it? Is it yours? Why is it so well-behaved? Does it hunt mice? How long have you had it? Is it a boy or a girl? Can I hold it? Will it bite me?"

At the mention of the black smith, the shop keep says, "Oh, you'll need to speak with Jorfa. She's just across the way. Can't miss her. Not much taller than lil' Maggie here." The shop keep sort of chuckles to himself.

As Madeline takes her tea, the shop keep leans in, one more time, indicating she should follow. When she leans in, he speaks.

More Secrets for Miss Madeline:
"They say that Harrowstone’s executioner still guards the execution balcony on the western side of the prison, and that on some nights, his scythe can be seen patrolling the balcony on its own, as if carried by an invisible spirit. So, if you're going in that way, I'd be very careful! Oh, and I'll make mention to Miss Kendra anything ol' Gibs says, as you like." He smiles.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline agrees to the shop-keeps price and sets aside the amount agreed upon. She smiles warmly at the young miss' antics, while also gladly partaking of the offered tea. She thanks him for the details about the Black-smith and waits for every one to both finish their tea and 'gear up' with their new equipment. Also, giving the lass time to dote upon Alexa's owl.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Creel smiles at the younglings enthusiasm. He is happy to see joy in this village and at the back of his mind he notes that this can only do their reputation good.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa kneels down with the girl: Yes, I suppose he is mine. I am a druid and work closely with nature. Spark came to me and helps me. He does catch and eat mice when it is safe, actually he is an amazing hunter at night and can spot mice and little squirrels and chipmunks from a great distance. He also eats small snakes and similar treats.

Alexa then reaches her arm out with Spark on it. Here, put your arm out, but be careful. He will never intentionally hurt a little girl, but if you hurt him, even by mistake, he might peck you.

When the girl reaches her arm out, Spark carefully steps onto her arm. Alexa helps hold the arm as Spark, while small, is still a good size bird for a little girl to hold on one arm.

After letting the girl scratch his chin and carefully pet his feathers for a few moments, Spark stretches his broad wings and then hops back onto Alexa's arm before climbing to her shoulder where he usually perches.

I cannot remember, did the guard have a spare scimitar that I could borrow? I am pretty sure I asked, but never added it to my sheet.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Nope just short swords. I can loan you about half the price if the smith has one.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Ok, will have to have one of you charismatic types talk to the smith for me then. I would not mind having a slashing weapon in case we meet bashing resistant creatures.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen gives a smile at the young girl's activity with the snowy owl while sipping the tea and feeling the warmth seep into his bones from the moistness.

He takes up his part of the gear, offering to take on the rope as well for the trip before they head out. "Sheriff?" he asks - wondering if that is their next destination.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Assuming our current business with the shop keep is done?

Madeline nods at Valen's comment, though she look to the Black-smith's workshop that has been pointed out across the way.

"Perhaps it is best we split up for now? My business with the black-smith should not take too long. Perchance you can talk to the Sheriff and come knock upon the door of said shop when we are heading to the ruins?" Madeline suggests.

I do not think it should be too dangerous to split the party while in town...


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Sounds alright by me...awaiting others' reply.

Also - if its of any interest, I have updated group's inventory allocations with the new stuff in the Discussion thread.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Hugz* Thank'e! (^_^)

Cheliax

The shop keep collects the empty tea cups and smiles at all of you as you leave. "Hope everything works well for you. Good luck!"


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen smiles at the man's warm farewell and waves a little before they move out into the street.

At Madeline's suggestion, Valen responds in the positive with a nod of his head. As they start to part, Valen suddenly adds to Madeline: "Lady Peshtussle, thank you for your generosity in there." He fidgets a little in his statement - unsure of what's appropriate for a person of his station compared to a noblewoman.

At the Sheriff's office, would like to inquire about the vandalism of monument and see if they know anything about it before offering to show the knife he found.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Does the smith's have a scimitar I could buy? If not, can I have her make one. Would love masterwork, but I think that we are a little asset poor for that right now.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Well...not wanting to push things...

Madeline gives Valen and the others who are heading off to the Sheriff a jaunty wave as she, with Smith in tow, walks briskly towards the Black-smith's establishment (As pointed out to her by the kind Shop-keep).

(^_^)


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
Alexa Grunwald wrote:
Does the smith's have a scimitar I could buy? If not, can I have her make one. Would love masterwork, but I think that we are a little asset poor for that right now.

Creel smiles. "Yes, I am afraid our mission so far as rewarded us with the knowledge we are doing the right thing rather than with coin. Still even finding out if the smith can craft masterwork blades will be worth knowing."

Creel watches the three figures as they walk towards the smithy.
"Now off to the sheriff?" "I wonder how repairs are going.

Cheliax

The Smith:
You follow the shop keeper's directions with ease, crossing the small town circle, with its cheery little gazebo, and arriving at the town forge. The forge is open, and the sound of a hammer can be heard ringing from inside. As you make your way into the moderately sized shop, a small bell rings and the hammering stops. A minute or so later, a female dwarf with course, grey hair - which she has tied back and covered with a bandana - walks out. When she sees your group, she offers a practical smile and says, "How can I help ye?" Although most of the items for sale are clearly tools, you can't help but notice she's holding a very ornate hammer in one hand.

The Sheriff:
Your group starts walking over to the sheriff's when you see him in the town circle, standing next to one of the town councilors, overseeing two of the deputies - both of whom are cleaning up the remains of the town hall. When he sees you, he gives your group a little, somber wave. The town councilor follows suit.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

The Smith:
Madeline smiles in return to the Dwarf. She simply signals for Smith to remain at the door and she walks in.

"Good morn to you, Ms Jorfa." Madeline extends a hand to shake.

"I would like to discuss some..technical...matters. I hope not to disturb anything of which you are about?" Madeline asks, looking about the works.

So, yah. Laying the ground work for branching out into 'Gunsmith' at higher levels. Going to kind of 'Talk shop' with Ms/Miss/Mrs Jorfa here. At least do something like that. Other folks are fee to ask for what weapons she might have about the place. (^_^)

Cheliax

The Smith:
Jofra listens to your description and says, "Well, I can say I've never built something like you're wanting, but I'm sure I can. Might take me a month or so, though. When do you need it?"


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Smith:
Ah, not needing it any time before about 3rd level, Master DM Sir. So, for now just seeing if Jofra can maybe begin to make some of the parts. Springs, hinges, base-plates. The handier fitting of a Paizo gun. I am hoping to eventually have a 'revolver' type weapon, though for now am happy to just 'talk shop' as it were.

Madeline moves closer to Jofra and pulls a small journal from within her great coat. She finds some where to make herself comfortable and opens the pages to share some of its details with the Dwarven Smith. (^_^)

[ooc](Also, what weapons and equipment does Mistress Jofra have about the place?)

Cheliax

The Smith:
Jofra looks at your journal and smiles. Then, she looks up and says, "I'll have to order in these springs, but I should be able to make everything else. Might I get a copy of these plans?"


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I am interested in a Scimitar if the smith has one about. If not, how long would it take her to make one?


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

The Smith:
At Jofra's polite inquiry Madeline instinctively snaps the journal shut and almost tucks it away. Emotions play across her features, mainly sorrow and loss. She fights to gather her composure and slowly offers the book forwards again,

"I...um...This is a legacy. It's all I have left of..." Madeline's words stammer and tumble over themselves as she gathers her tumultuous thoughts.

"I, I'll see about making you some copies of the better diagrams and more finished schematics?" She offers a small smile to show that she is not being rude, just that the subject of the journal, its history, has brought back painful memories for her. Madeleine looks about the Smithy,

"I must say, your work seems most fine..." Madeleine offers the compliment as a way to smooth over her atrocious manners.

Hoping the others will chime in and seek Mistress Jofra's aid/knowledge. Speaking of which, here come some one now. (^_^)

Cheliax

At the Smith's:
Jorfa takes a step back, looks up at Madeline, and throws her hands up. After Madeline stutters out her apology, her look softens a bit. Then, she says, "Aye. I understand. But I'll still need something to work from. You needn't leave me your journal, but I will need these sketches."

She looks at Alexa as she walks in behind Madeline, ringing the little bell. She says, "Afternoon. Can I help ye?"

Alexa, you see a small selection of weapons on the wall, but sadly, a scimitar is not amongst them.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Sheriff:

Valen - not sure who else is in tow - returns the wave and makes his way to the man's presence. He sort of brushes off his attire as best he can to be a little more presentable, and then bows politely to the town councilor when he is closer.

"Good day to you. Sheriff Caeller - was wondering if we could speak with you...," he glances over at the deputies and councilor with an embarassed look,"privately if it is possible." Valen tone is polite and he's a little nervous in his inquiry.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

At the Smith:

Always hesitant around people unless nature is involved, Alexa slowly looks at the weapons on the wall seeing if any of them comfortably fit in her hand. Not finding anything to her liking, she cautiously goes over to the smith.

Excuse me mam. I . . . I was wondering if you might have one of those more curved blades? My mentor had one and I have some training with them. I know they are not common here in the north, but I fear that some creatures we meet might have tough hides resistant to my club. I would think that a blade of some sort would be much more effective.

Cheliax

At the Smith:
Jorfa looks at Alexa, looks at the wall, and looks back at Alexa. "What I have is what ye see. Sadly, folks around these parts aren't for nothing too fancy. You considered maybe a sickle? I make those. Farmers and mercs use em, too."

The Sheriff:
Sheriff Caeller smiles at Valen as he speaks, then frowns immediately at his request. He says, "Anything you're going to say to me will make its way into one of my reports to the councilors anyway, might as well hear it from you directly. What's going on?"


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

At the Smith:

Alexa shakes her head. [b]I suppose I could use a sickle, but it is not what I was hoping for. Do you think that you could craft a scimitar?

Cheliax

At the Smith:
Jorfa says, "Well, of course I could. But it will take some time. If ye'r looking for a scimitar of average quality, I could have one ready for ye in about four days."


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Sheriff:
Valen nods and again bows to the councilor as an apology. "Begging pardon, then - its just that it concerns one of the townsfolk. I don't know if you are aware, but someone has been vandalizing the statue at town's edge - the one of the Warden dedicated to all the folks who lost their lives in the prison fire. They have been scrawling bloody letters on the monument - it looks like a name - possibly one of the names etched in the monument specifically."

He pauses for acknowledgement before continuing. "Given the strange events that have been happening all over town, we don't think it's a coincidence or some random act - it may have something to do with whatever the Professor found out at the prison in his investigation. As we were investigating the monument, we found a small blood trail leading in the direction of the only residence close by - that of Mr. Gibbs."

At this statement, Valen kind of shrugs his shoulders - acknowledging that there has been issues before with the party and the man. Valen starts again with a slighty sour look: "The conversation didn't go so well...but in our search around his shack, I found this - hidden in a wood pile behind the place, Valen uncovers the bloody knife as he continues. "There was also a newly slaughtered chicken hanging nearby and a bucket of blood drained from the animal."

Valen looks a nervous when he continues: "Those clues could mean he had something to do with it; we are hoping to know why, as it may prove helpful in resolving the troubles that are plaguing the town. I am a stranger in your town, so I am...uncertain...when I ask you to suspect your neighbor of any wrong-doing. Maybe the man was just making himself dinner; but why the keep the blood for example? Well...we were hoping that you could speak with Mr. Gibbs - maybe he has seen something if nothing else -and see if you have any reason to suspect him yourself. Otherwise, is there anyone that could keep watch on the statue - see if they spot the culprits?"

Given his long exposition, Valen finally stops and awaits the Sheriff's response. Having never spoken to anyone of authority, there is an uncertain and inquisitive look on the priest's face - as if he has just asked for a thousand coins or a train of horses instead of a simple request to investigate.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Apologies if I am recapping the obvious common knowledge.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

The Smith:
Madeline politely steps aside as Alexa and Jofra discuss their business.

While she waits Madeleine looks to see what exactly Miss Jofra as in stock.

Only melee weapon? No x-bows?


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

At the Smith:

Alexa looks a little concerned as though she does not know the proper words to ask for what she wants: Um. She then looks over at Madeline. Could we afford a sickle now, and also to have the good smith craft me a more usable scimitar that would be ready in a few days.

She then turns back to the smith: I am sorry, I do not have many coins right now as I have spent the majority of the last few years living in the forest to the north. But, I would be surprised to not find something of value when we get into the prison, after all, evildoers usually need money to do their evil.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

The Smith:
At Alexa's glance Madeline offers a supportive smile and moves closer.

"How much for a.." Madeline looks to Alexa, "What sort of weapon was that again?" She asks, even as her hand brings forth her money pouch. (^_^)


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

At the Smith:

Alexa looks at Madeline. Um . . . I think it is called a scimitar. It is a curved sword I guess. Sort of a mix between a sword and the curved blade of a scythe or sickle.

Cheliax

The Sheriff:
Benjamin Caeller listens to Valen. When Valen reveals the large razor and mentions the chicken, the sheriff glances over at the councilor with a concerned look. Then, he looks back at Valen and patiently waits for him to finish. When he's done speaking, the sheriff speaks.

"I can't speak for the man's decision to kill his chicken, but this does sound strange. The man doesn't have many chickens to begin with and, well, killing them makes it pretty hard to bring eggs to the market. You say you tracked the blood from the statue to his place? Did you confront him at all? We haven't seen much of him since the fire, especially early in the morning."

The sheriff thinks for a moment, kicking his foot in the dust and looking over at the old town hall. After a second, he continues. "Gibbs isn't a very helpful man. Hasn't been good to most folks outside of his small circle since his wife passed. But I'll go down and have a talk with him, check things out. And I'll see about posting my boys out by the statue, too. Thanks for letting me know."

The Smith:
Jorfa listens to the two of you and then replies. "Aye. I can make a scimitar. It's going to run ye around fifteen crowns for one, too. A scythe will run ye about three crowns more. I have sickles on hand for about six crowns." She steps back, waves at the shelves, and draws your attention to her farming tools. You notice two sickles, as well as a scythe, hanging on the wall. "Ye can have a look at them right there." She steps back, wipes her hands on her smock, and waits patiently. She glances at Smith a few times, but doesn't say anything to him.

Jorfa has both.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Sheriff:

Benjamin Caeller wrote:

"You say you tracked the blood from the statue to his place? Did you confront him at all?"

Thanks for letting me know."

Valen nods in the affirmative, adding: "Yes, Sir. I tracked it as going in the direction of the shack. We thought we had lost it, but then I found the knife and more blood trails around the house."

At the second part of the question, Valen looks to Creel or Vaughn (or one of the NPCs if they came with us) for more insight - since he was outside the direct confrontation. "He heard our approach and confronted us just outside his home - he looked more haggard and irritated than before." Valen recalls Alexa's blunt comments to the man and makes a sour look. "There were some...accusations directed at him that probably didn't help. But when he yelled at us to leave his premises, we did so without issue."

At the Sheriff's reassurance, Valen has a look of relief at having his message heard. "Thanks for your time then, good sirs." For a young man used to be an outcast, the response has done more good than may be apparent to the priest's confidence.

2,201 to 2,250 of 4,796 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.