Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


2,051 to 2,100 of 4,956 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Reflex:1d20 ⇒ 8

Having thought they had gained a reprieve thanks to the magical touch, Valen is unprepared when the bug sprays its acid. He drops like a rock - his previous wound having not been fully healed despite Tharnik's aid. He lies there weakly in the bug spittle, but still conscious.

At Madeline's cries for aid, he tries to reach into his pouch for a potion.

Currently at -7/14. Con check to stablize:1d20 - 7 ⇒ (20) - 7 = 13
Wonderful - blow the reflex check and then roll the 20.

Question - can I even attempt at channel while in the negatives? Even if it kills me in the effort, will it help the others. I'm figuring we need to rally...


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Reflex, naturalist 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20 so 8 more points. I think I liked exploring the nice creaky house. ALLRemember the naturalist bonus, things like that can add up real fast.

Spinning like a metal top to dodge the worst of the acid, Creel plunges the long spike of the halberd towards its exposed neck join. Attack halberd, naturalist: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26. Critical threat 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13, rats. Damage, whetstone: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Thanks for the reminder. In my case, rolling that low wasn't going to save me against a DC 17, even with the bonus.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Yup doesn't matter too much now but later with a cleric, a bard, a druid, a summoner and a warrior of holy light all hitting their stride it will matter so it is good to start now.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

What is the naturalist bonus? I do not recall that one.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Alexa. Naturalist is Vaghn's version of bard song. See below for the most recent usage. :7)

Vaghn der Grafft wrote:

Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 8

If the above check is high enough: "Alright everyone, slicer beetles don't really have any blind spots due to their compound eyes, but they can have trouble turning in place quickly so try to flank them! Watch out for the mandibles, but also don't let them buffet you with their outer wings! Try to attack their underside if at all possible, their exoskeleton is much weaker under there!" Standard action to activate Naturalist (+1 AC, attacks, saving throws), move action to draw crossbow.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Ah, got it. Will have to remember that one. It is a modified version of Inspire Courage. Thanks.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Wow, I should have RGM roll for me all the time, the number generator actually likes him! :P

Sorry Madeline, you'll have to fly to someone else' rescue; I am much higher in the initiative order, and for previously established RP reasons she is definitely the one Vaughn is trying to save!

When the acidic spittle launches and sends three of his companions to the ground, Vaughn cries out in dismay. He immediately drops his crossbow and falls to Kendra's side, awkwardly trying to use his cloak to cover any immodesty caused by the acid while simultaneously pulling the potion of cure light wounds from his belt pouch, tearing the wax away with his teeth, and upending the precious liquid into her mouth. All the while he is whispering to himself, "No, please don't be dead! You cannot be dead! Please, Lady, take me instead!"

Potion 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Hurray for max healing in dramatically appropriate situation! Oh, yes Alexa, just like Inspire Courage, but trade damage bonus for AC and save bonus and I have to succeed in a knowledge check about the foe before I can activate it. Only effective against a single creature type at a time, too, so not as good in fights with multiple types of opponents.

Dark Archive

Oh, the drama!!! It's times like these I could do that movie announcer voice...

Round 3

On 19, Valen, his body badly burned by the acid, lies inert. Somewhere deep inside, his spirit fights to survive! He begins to see the light creeping toward him, a grey-robed figure with hair the color of night...You are unconscious. You cannot take any actions except to try and stabilize.

On 19, Vaghn drops his crossbow as he strides over to Kendra. He rips a potion from his belt pouch and uncorks it.... You cannot administer the potion until next round, as you've already taken two move actions this round. We will keep that great hit point roll, however!

On 18, Tharnik, badly wounded himself, mutters some words. He is suddenly bathed in healing light. 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

On 17, Alexa presses her attack, swinging at the beetle with all of her might! She strikes it again! Deals another 6.

GM:
6/50 remaining

On 10, Creel, having dodged most of the acid, leaps forward at the beetle, both of his hands on his halberd. The creature, momentarily distracted by Alexa's brutal attack, is caught unaware as Creel lands another, vicious blow - directly to its head!

Suddenly the creature shutters, its great bulk clicking and popping like Tian fireworks, and collapses to the ground in a pool of its own ichor!

On 7, Madeline calls out for aid! Vaughn, you will get a +2 to any heal skill checks you make because of Madeline's great Alchemy roll.

On 4, Kendra lies still, her frame covered by the still bubbling acid (and Vaughn's cloak). Kendra tries to stabilize. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

GM2:
-5/11; DC 15 Fort; fails, -6 next round

On 2, Smith swings at the now dead beetle, striking true. He manages to pulverize part of its abdomen.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Seeing the beetle fall, I run over to Valen and call the the spirits of nature to lend their power and heal the wounds of the good cleric.

Move action: Move to Valen
Free Action: Place Magic - +1 CL for 1 round
Standard Action: Cast CLW - 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dark Archive

Round 4...

On 19, Valen's spirit continues to fight for its right to remain corporeal! Fort save to stabilize, Naturalist included;1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

On 19, Vaghn pours tilts his healing potion to Kendra's badly burned lips and pours its contents down her throat. Her body instantly responds, wounds closing and her burns beginning to heal.She heals 9. She regains consciousness.

"Wha?? What happened?" She stutters.

On 18, Tharnik gets up, glances at Madeline, Kendra, and Vaughn, and nods. He then immediately walks to Valen's side, another spell on his lips.

On 17, Alexa rushes to Valen, all but casting her spell mid-stride. She reaches out and touches him, covering his body in a film of green, moss-like material. The film quickly converges on his wounds, covering them. He heals 7 hit points, but remains unconscious.

On 10, Creel...

On 7, Madeline... calls out for aid! Vaughn, you will get a +2 to any heal skill checks you make because of Madeline's great Alchemy roll.

On 4, Kendra...

On 2, Smith...

Dark Archive

Valen Stellori wrote:

Reflex:1d20

Having thought they had gained a reprieve thanks to the magical touch, Valen is unprepared when the bug sprays its acid. He drops like a rock - his previous wound having not been fully healed despite Tharnik's aid. He lies there weakly in the bug spittle, but still conscious.

At Madeline's cries for aid, he tries to reach into his pouch for a potion.

Currently at -7/14. Con check to stablize:1d20-7
Wonderful - blow the reflex check and then roll the 20.

Question - can I even attempt at channel while in the negatives? Even if it kills me in the effort, will it help the others. I'm figuring we need to rally...

You know, I just realized your math is way off. We're going to continue as we've played it so far (with you being out), but in the future, have a look at how to roll stabilization checks!. In short, if you subtract your negative hit points from your roll, then the DC is 10 and a natural 20 is always a success. Alternately, you can add your negative hit points to 10 and resolve the Fort save as normal. But, natural 20s are still successes!


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"Praise whatever priest crafted this potion. Kendra, how do you feel? The beetle is dead, but you were struck by its spittle first."


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Creel abandons his ax and drops to his knees beside Valen. Smiling grimly the armored man places his hands on Valen's brow and sternum and a dim flickering light begins to play about his still body.

"Come on priest, you still have work to do."
Lay on hands 1d6 ⇒ 2. Well it's better than nothing. And again 1d6 ⇒ 5. Good enough for now.

As Creel stands you see some of his own wounds glow. Lay on hands on Creel, 1d6 ⇒ 6.

Picking up his axe he prods the beetle. "Poor beast."


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
TheReplacementGM wrote:


You know, I just realized your math is way off. We're going to continue as we've played it so far (with you being out), but in the future, have a look at how to roll stabilization checks!.

Since this is the first time since I rolled that I have been able to respond, I was going to mention that I rolled the stabilization check already when I got dropped. Since it was a 20, I had assumed it had succeeded and didn't need further checks. What I wanted to do was see if I could roll again to become conscious, but I have to wait an hour on my own, so nevermind. I was following this part:

Stable:
:
A character who was dying but who has stopped losing hit points each round and still has negative hit points is stable. The character is no longer dying, but is still unconscious.The character can make a DC 10 Constitution check each hour to become conscious and disabled (even though his hit points are still negative). The character takes a penalty on this roll equal to his negative hit point total.

So, unsure what I calculated wrong, but anyway: Alexa's CLW and Creel's healing brings me back to 8 unless I am mistaken. So the question is can I roll now to regain consciousness?


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

as you are stable and at positive hp you are awake and happy. If in some lingering pain. Druidic healing I expect is comfortable but the inheritors battlefield healing I imagine is rather more quick and dirty. It gets you functional but it's short on the niceties.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

My healing is pine scented.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
Creel wrote:
Druidic healing I expect is comfortable but the inheritors battlefield healing I imagine is rather more quick and dirty. It gets you functional but it's short on the niceties.[/ooc]
Alexa Grunwald wrote:
My healing is pine scented.

So basically I wake up and feel like someone worked me over and then left an air-freshener hung around my neck? ;-)


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Valen & anyone else interested:

See "Disabled" under Death and Dying

Specifically:

Disabled (0 Hit Points)

When your current hit point total drops to exactly 0, you are disabled.

You gain the staggered condition and can only take a single move or standard action each turn (but not both, nor can you take full-round actions). You can take move actions without further injuring yourself, but if you perform any standard action (or any other strenuous action) you take 1 point of damage after completing the act. Unless your activity increased your hit points, you are now at –1 hit points and dying.

Healing that raises your hit points above 0 makes you fully functional again, just as if you'd never been reduced to 0 or fewer hit points.

You can also become disabled when recovering from dying. In this case, it's a step toward recovery, and you can have fewer than 0 hit points (see Stable Characters and Recovery).

Thus, you feel fine - it was magical healing.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen bolts upright as if he had just awoken from a fitful slumber, not the cusp of death. He glances left and right, assessing Alexa and Creel with eyes wide and red-faced. "I-I thank you for your aid. I'm sorry I couldn't do more..." he pauses and turns towards Kendra and Tharnik. "The Lady calls; best be quick about it."

He moves to their side and mutters a quiet incantation accompanied by a two flashes of purplish/white light that encompassess everyone in a healing radiance.

Channel Energy (healing): 1d6 ⇒ 1
Channel Energy (healing): 1d6 ⇒ 4

If either of them is in need of more aid, Valen will move to use his heal skills to stabilize them before either channeling or using a CLW spell depending on how they are. Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Thanks for the follow-up info, Alexa.

Dark Archive

I'll post in the morning...tabletop today

Dark Archive

Valen Stellori wrote:
What I wanted to do was see if I could roll again to become conscious, but I have to wait an hour on my own, so nevermind. I was following this part

Ah, I'm tracking you. I normally only have people roll for consciousness when they are stranded, alone, or otherwise unlikely to survive because of their location. And yes, you would need to wait an hour, which is sort of pointless when your allies are healing you. ;)

So, all, the bug is dead. What do you plan to do now? Head back into town or venture forth deeper into the prison?


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
TheReplacementGM wrote:
So, all, the bug is dead. What do you plan to do now? Head back into town or venture forth deeper into the prison?

Valen's first thought would be to see how are Kendra and Tharnik doing at this point? Are they up for a more delving, or are we looking at needing to get them back to the manor for recovery?

Valen's still has some healing capability, so he can press on a little longer.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Well, that went as well as could be expected with a giant bug. If everyone is reasonable ok, we should check this tower a little more. But, with care as we did expend a fair amount of energy on that fight.

Dark Archive

Between Vaugh's potion and Valens divine channeling, both Tharnik and Kendra awaken.


Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 DR 5/Silver AC: 16, Flat-footed 16, Touch 10; HP: 18/31; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +5

Kendra, badly burnt and barely covered, speaks, "I, I... thank you. I thought I was going to die. One moment, we were pressing this foul beast toward the tower and the next I was burning. Everything was burning." She drops back and pulls Vaughn's cloak tightly around her. Then, she says, "If you are going to press on, I will need to retire. I need to clean up and put some sturdier clothing on. This outfit is... well... ruined."

Tharnik, for his part, grunts. Then he looks at Creel and speaks in Orcish,

Orcish:
"You fought bravely. May your clan's ancestors bless your blades."

Tharnik then moves adjacent to Kendra and wraps his arm around her, comforting her.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline takes off her great coat and offers it to Kendra.

"As much as pressing on is a necessary thing. Escorting Kendra home and seeing to her safety is of utmost importance." Madeline's stance indicates what her intentions are.

Dark Archive

Kendra accepts Madeline's coat and wraps it over her shoulders, atop Vaughn's cloak. She looks visibly shaken.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn, seeing the half-orc embrace Kendra, quickly stands and becomes suddenly interested in studying the horizon, a look of sadness evident upon his face.

Dark Archive

Unless there are objections, why don't we move to the next scene - Kendra's Estate. We'll RP some and then attempt the prison again in the A.M.?


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Bows* Sounds good Master DM.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Agreed - I am out of spells, so that sounds like a reasonable idea.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

On the groups way back to Kendra's home Madeline does her best to have Smith and Tharnik (Both large gentlemen) walking either side of the still frail woman as a shield against the more prying eyes of any local towns folk they party might cross paths with on their way back to the house.

Madeline walks ahead, having offered Kendra her own hat such as to keep the other woman's now mussed and ruffled hair from her eyes.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Her eyes scanning the growing darkness as they proceed.

"I am hoping there will come some free time in our future that I may seek out the local Smith..." Madeline makes absent conversation, in part to keep up appearances and in part as a way of distracting herself from thinking of the pain Kendra has suffered.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen follows in the train's wake, glancing once more at the prison and the now dead beetle before moving on - using his shovel again as a walking stick.

"Thought I saw something..." he mutters - unclear of whether he means at the prison or during his brush with Pharasma's touch.

He turns towards Vaughn and quietly adds: "Herr Vaughn, since you know our host better than I, if it will prove helpful I can cast some healing or possibly treat her burns when we return to the manor. I ask of you as I don't want to upset this woman by prying right now...perhaps you could speak on my behalf? Also..." he glances sheepishly at Madeline's strident lead,"I'm not sure Lady Madeline would tolerate my inquiries."

He shrugs at all this and then follows quietly the rest of the way.

Dark Archive

Your journey from the prison back to the Lorrimor Estate is uneventful, the roads quiet in the dusk of early evening. When you enter town, only a few folks remain on the streets. Those that notice you wave briefly before hurrying on their way.

When you reach Kendra's home, she all but collapses on the porch. Tharnik and Smith catch her as Vaghn rushes up to her, fanning her and then, as she reaches the door, opens it for her. She nods and smiles at him as her bigger escorts gently place her on the couch.

As the rest of you file in, Kendra speaks, "Perhaps I was mistaken. Maybe I am not suited for this sort of thing. But I do want to help. Badly."

As Madeline steps forward to comfort Kendra, Kendra raises her hand in gentle protest. She smiles at Kendra and Vaghn, as well. Then, as Tharnik rests his hand on her shoulder, she sinks back into the couch a little. She closes her eyes for a moment then speaks.

"All of you... you've each done so much already. It is clear that my father touched the lives of many people. Both good and bad. He saw good in places most of these townsfolk could scarce imagine. And each of you... you are living proof of that. Let us rest tonight. We'll head back - all of us - at first light. If my father could do it. Well then, so can I."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline does offer a small smile sa Kendra settles. She leaves Smith to 'watch over' her while Madeline quickly heads off into the other parts of the house, first to set a bath running for Kendra, then putting out fresh clothes before turning down Kendra's bed. As Madeleine putters about she suggests to the others that perhaps a light dinner might be suitable.

Any one have any thoughts about conversation?

Once Kendra is bathed and had a meal, Madeline sees her to bed before retiring to her own chambers to gather her strength after the day's trials.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen nods and then kneels to the woman, adding: "We follow the path he has made; hopefully to achieve what service the Lady put before him."

He then goes about modestly checking the young lady to see if there's anything he can do to ease her injuries or fatigue. Fearing shock, he elevates her legs slightly and keeps the coats wrapped about her until such time as she is ready to move for a meal and rest.
Heal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
If it's necessary, Valen will use his CLW spell or attempt healing(bandages?) to ease the acid burns.

Aside from any further RP for the evening, Valen goes about his prayer rituals and checking to see if he can clean his gear of bug acid. Hopefully, the armor's still workable and intact.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa heads back with the others. Being rather uncomfortable in the town and in a confined house, she is rather quiet. When the discussion comes regarding the next day.

I agree, we must return and find out what is within that horrid place. I sensed the presence of many undead in there. Something is truly wrong with that place. For now, we rest and recover our health and powers. In the morning, we return and see that this perversion of nature is ended.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline sits quietly, helping tend Kendra when she can. To Alexa's comments Madeline adds,

"Well, there is also that business with the statue as well..." She ponders quietly for a moment. "Should we perhaps see if any more such acts have been done on the morrow?" She inquires of the group.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa turns at Madeline's comment: That would be prudent. Someone, or something, is seeking to create unrest in this town. We can look at the statue before we head back to the prison.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods. "If the vandalism is on going, we might have to digress and solve that problem first." Madeline points out.

"Some one causing trouble so close to Kendra's home." She shakes her head, closing her eyes and gently rubbing at the bridge of her nose for a moment as she ponders all the implications of such actions.

"Also, the people living in the town are more important than some pile of abandoned brick." She points out.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa nods at the comment: True, but in all likelihood the problems in town are related to the prison. Or some other source outside of town. I have sensed the presence of undead at the prison and we have faced numerous undead related to the attacks on the town. While we have to protect the people in this town, I believe that the source of the problem will be found in the prison.

Alexa pauses for a moment: Thinking of which, does anyone have an idea what the letter on the statue in town means? Perhaps the first letter in a name? Or a place? Or a historic person or creature?

Dark Archive

Kendra speaks up. "The statue on the riverbank commemorates Warden Hawkran and the 23 guards who lost their lives in the fire of 4661. I don't know what the graffiti means, however."


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Seesh I get a sick girlfriend and you lot go post crazy!

At the big bug battle:

orcish:
"We each do what we can, and the clan survives. Thank you Tharnik."

At Madame Lorrimor's : "It was simply the letter 'V' was it not? Not a great deal to go on I'm afraid."

Creel finishes lightly cleaning the painting and polishing the frame before setting it on a handy shelf. "There. That is a good place to keep it until we can pass it on to the town. If they want it that is."

RGM: Any description of the warden and wife? No is fine. I can always make something up if needed but I was wondering if it is stipulated.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I wonder whether the Warden is still protecting the prison, and that is why someone, or something, is seeking to defile his monument.

This "V" sounds like the first letter of a name or place. Perhaps a curse.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
TheReplacementGM wrote:
Kendra speaks up. "The statue on the riverbank commemorates Warden Hawkran and the 23 guards who lost their lives in the fire of 4661."

Valen - absent-mindedly listening to the conversation while he checks Kendra's burns - pauses at the mention of the statue. As if in a daze, he glances towards Alexa; then to Creel and the painting; and then he looks at Vaughn. "Herr Vaughn, didn't you mention that your researches of the Prison listed that the warden's wife was also killed in the fire?"

He turns towards Kendra; eyes alight with curiosity: "Are the names of the dead listed on the monument? Would her name be on there?"

From the notes I made to keep up with the story changes, the earliest mention of this was way back on page 10 or so when Vaughn researched the records at the Church. I am assuming this has been shared by now. If I am playing too 'meta' here, please advise.

Dark Archive

Creel:
The painting depicts a young, smiling couple. The man is slightly older, clean-shaven with bright blue eyes. His wife has deep, blue-black hair and brown eyes. She is pale, with rosy cheeks. The back reads: To Lyvar and Vesorianna. May all of your dreams come true. ~A.F, 4639 I totally went post crazy on purpose. ;)

Valen:
The statue depicts a proud, muscular human man dressed in leathers and wielding a truncheon—a depiction of Warden Hawkran. A total of 25 names—the guards who died in the fire of 4661, as well as the warden’s wife, Vesorianna— are chiseled into the statue’s stone base.

Kendra listens to the group discuss the statue while she reclines. Then, she says, "I don't know much about the statue, honestly. I know it's a memorial and that everyone that died, including the warden's wife, are listed on the base."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeleine tries to help comfort Kendra, gently holding the other woman's hand as she rests.

Madeline sighs, "We were so distracted, we forgot to look at such details..."


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Assuming that someone tells me the name of the Warden's wife.

Why was she in the prison? Did she live there? Was this the normal practice for the warden's wife to be in the prison. Seems kind of strange to me.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline looks up, her gaze drifting off as she thinks,

Well...the house that almost fell on Master Creel looked...homey..." Madeline struggles to express her thoughts. She turns to the others.

"But then, just how common s such an establishment? In the distant lands of Alkenstar crime and the treatment of miscreants might be different. Being exiled in Alkenstar is definitely a fate not wished by any member of society..."

2,051 to 2,100 of 4,956 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.