Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


151 to 200 of 4,956 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Inquisitor 2

"I'm not done securing the house." Rendel said. Then sighing as he saw Creel's face. "Let's make sure the doors and windows are locked and shut first. Lady Kendra would have our hides if she found her home violated in her absence."


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

"Mistress!...Danger!..." And with these words, the man servant almost literally picks up his charge and hustles them both to their rooms. Here, their training as the late professors guards and defenders takes over and the pair quickly done their armor and gear. Both coming down the stairs, where Smith puts the harness for the mechanically augmented hammer across his great coated back.

So, however long it takes to done their gear and assemble/marshal with every one else by the front door.

Smith's armor information has been updated. *Bows*

Cheliax

Madeline, it will take you 2d3 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 minutes to go upstairs, don your armor and grab your gear, and get ready for battle.

Creel, without anyone assisting you, it takes you a full 3 minutes to don your armor, gather your belongings, and get ready for battle.

Rendel, it will take you 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 1 = 5 minutes to check all of the doors and windows in Miss Lorrimor's house, grab your gear, and don your armor.

What is our Druid doing?

You will each arrive downstairs, having committed your stated actions, in this order:

1) Creel, 2) Madeline and Smith, and 3) Rendel. I'm currently waiting on the druid.


I haven't decided - but since Creel is near, I will toss my perception to the wind.

The bells that ring make him think of a town bell, that could signify an event of importance, or an invasion. The notes were clearly different where he came from, and now could not figure out which was which.

It didn't take long to find out, since Creel ran in and screamed at him and everyone else. He ran upstairs to assist Creel with his armor, since he was incapable of doing it safely on his own, and then put his own hides upon his body. Grasping shield and hammer, the druid slammed the weapon against his shield in dominance.

"Let's see what yer made of! Onwards!"

As soon as he's ready, Torthen rushes out the door.

Takes me one minute to don my armor.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

"Thanks Torthen, you need a hand?"

"Let's see what yer made of! Onwards!"
Creel makes a mental note to stay near Torthen if there is fighting. He is a strong core to build a force on.

Creel smiles as he and the Dwarf head down the stairs, sounding not entirely unlike a landslide.

If Rendal is checking rooms at that point Creel will lend a hand.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline winces, but smiles, at the noise the others make as they exit the house. She and Mr Smith shall, of course, form up and move off with every one. Though Madeline will trot along behind the taller bulk that is Smith.

Cheliax

Creel, having secured assistance from his dwarven ally, dons his armor and helps Torthen in kind. The two then rush past Rendel, who is finishing up locking the upstairs, and secure the ground floor.

The three finish up at about the same time, and a minute or so later, Smith and Madeline exit the front of the house.

It's taken the group, collectively, about 5 minutes to prepare. The bell continues to ring, and in the central part of the village, a thin wisp of smoke is now visible on the horizon.

As the group begins to move south, Creel and Torthen in the lead, you hear a sudden scream about 100 ft away....(the scream comes from around the house, further west, almost toward the edge of the forest).


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

No hesitation or questioning, Madeline and Smith accelerate to a 'Run' immediately in the direction of said scream.

Perception Smith:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Perception Madeline:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Cursing, Rendel follows closely behind MAdeline and her servant prioritizing the trouble that's close rather than the trouble that's far away.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Cheliax

I believe, *ahem* this would be a good time to say, "Roll for Initiative."

You're all starting in the same general, so I'll list actions and positions according to those stated. Madeline, for instance, hears the scream about the same time as Rendel, so he may actually get a head start....


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
TheReplacementGM wrote:

I believe, *ahem* this would be a good time to say, "Roll for Initiative."

... so he may actually get a head start....

Not in this armor.

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 3

Clank...clank...clank..


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Cheliax

This is the field of combat, round 1.

I'm building everything in photoshop, so bear with me. The titles should be pretty intuitive (tell me if I'm confusing any of you), so have at it! Oh, and you can't see anything yet. You just heard the female scream, some grunting, and some growls


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8..Madeline

Madeline draws her sword with an elegant flourish.

Initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10..Smith

Smith draws the two handed hammer from across his back. One hand deftly pressing the switch upon its metal head. With a 'Pss-THUNK' the mechanism activates and sets itself.


Male Orc Expert 5

The green blobs confound and confuse me. Are those trees? I'm assuming the initials are the group. Also do you want tus to do intiiative how jormy did it? With everyone posting our actions and everything resolving at ocne in order of initiative?

Cheliax

Yes, the green circles are trees. Yes, the initials are the group members. I'd like everyone to roll initiative, when they post, and list the action they intend to take.

Example:
Bob the Baker is going to move to square U6 on Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10. He has a BAB +1, so he'll draw his weapon on the way, ect.

Cheliax

For Giles and Vaghn der Grafft:

After a day's preparation, Vaghn finds himself very much prepared to embark on his journey to Ravengro. Having sent his letter to Giles - a man he wasn't even sure could be bothered to walk out of a bar sober, much less a whole city - he resigned himself to the fact that it would be a matter of left best to the Fates. Maybe Giles would arrive, maybe he wouldn't. He couldn't be sure and he knew better than to worry himself too much over the fact. It was a safe enough journey, and if need be, he had enough coin to hire help.

The final day in his office, as he picks up the last of some essential belongings, the junior professor hears a quick, almost chaotic rapping at his door. Before he gets up or calls out to admit entrance, however, the door opens, revealing two figures - his secretary (a rather becoming young lass with an interest in the arcane) and a decidedly unkempt man that stank of alcohol and devil weed...

"Professor der Grafft, sir, I tried to tell him you weren't to be bothered..." she said.

The man, without much difficulty, slides past her and waves a letter at you...

Cheliax

Initiative, so far:

On 14, Rendel begins to move toward the sounds.
On 10, Smith draws a weapon and arms it. He doesn't move?
On 8, Madeline draws her sword and stands besides Smith.
On 3, Creel slowly starts to move, weapon drawn?

Torthen?

I'll check back in a few hours.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

I would prefer Madeline and Smith to draw weapons while running towards the scream. *Bows*


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Alrighty so action for this round then.
Double move to J3 while keeping an eye out for the source of the noise. Same as I was doing in the above post just with the mechanics stated out.

Perception roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

relevant knowledge rolls if applicable:

Know Arcana1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Know Dungeoneering1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Know Religion1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

+3 to know weakensses and capabilities of said critters. Still lamenting not taking knowledge nature.

Rendel moved swiftly around the house seeking the the screams. A part of him urged him to wait for his less energetic allies.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

So as not to disturb the main action in the thread...:
"Ah! Good, you must be Herr De Savorie! Just in time, just in time!" Vaghn moves up to shake the man's hand. "I am Vaghn der Grafft. But I guess you already knew that... anyhow, I was literally just grabbing the last of my things and getting ready to be out the door." He hefts a backpack in proof. "I hope you have everything you need for the journey; I suppose anything essential we can pick up on the way out of the city. Perhaps lunch. Oh yes!" He sets his backpack down and gives his secretary a hug, completely oblivious to whether or not she wants one. "It has been wonderful working with you my dear. I hope the letter of recommendation I wrote for you helps! It should be around here somewhere... oh well, I am sure you will find it when I am gone! Take care, and perhaps when I have returned and settled down to teach once more you can join me for tea and biscuits." He grabs the backpack once more and turns to Giles. "Shall we?"


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 3

Double Move to s-5. Assuming I can move through the tree at s-11.
If I can't then double move to q-7. Harberd at the ready, and weather eye out!

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Post like so?


Male Human, Ustalav Rogue, 1

Spoiler:
"Gave the lass two options - I go in here, or me and her make for the coat room. She didn't quite approve of the second option, so here I am." He grinned to the professor, took a drag of his devil weed and turned back to the sectary. "Be a dear would you and fetch me a mug - or bottle - of whiskey." Giles chuckled to himself as he resisted the urge to slap her backside.

Looking back at Vaghn he replied moving the cigarette to the other side of his mouth "So, you're in need my services? Well, I don't know." He wandered a bit around the office, looking at some of the books, touching things that probably shouldn't be touched and flipping through paper's on the desk. "I'm fairly busy, but guess I can spare the time."

He watched Vaghn's exchange with the secretary and chuckled again. "Yeah, I'm ready to be off. Just need to wait for the lass to come back with my whiskey. We'll swing by my place on the way out and I'll gather my things. You can pick up lunch."

Before leaving, regardless if the woman came back with anything, Giles turns and looks to her over his shoulder. "When I get back just come by my place and I'm sure I can find a letter for you as well."

Cheliax

Madeline Peshtussle wrote:
I would prefer Madeline and Smith to draw weapons while running towards the scream. *Bows*

Smith can. Madeline can't. She doesn't have a BAB +1 or higher. So, unless she has the Feat Quick Draw, she's either going to draw and move with Smith or they're going to move separately. ATTENTION: I made a slight correction to the map. Madeline can draw and move. She cannot draw and DOUBLE move.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Nods* Drawing and moving sounds fine. What ever is happening is taking place way over there, any way...*Waves hand in general direction of scream* So, time is wasting, off to help the person in distress.

Cheliax

The Vaghn der Grafft Thread:
The secretary is a little blushed, but accepts your hug nonetheless, albeit holding a little tighter than you expect. When you finally peel her away, you detect her cheeks are a little puffy, but you suspect an increased heart rate due to the close proximity of the rather ...shall we say... distracting rogue friend of yours.

She leans close, as you begin to hoist your pack, and says, "Ummm ....Professor, we don't keep whiskey in the school.. but I'll make as if I'm looking for some while you escort this obviously unsuccessful and barely educated buffoon off campus.." Then, she offers you a wink.

Creel, you can double move through the square with the tree. You are now in S3.

Rendel, you can't move that far, even with a double-move. I've placed you in N3

As noted, both of you already drew weapons (as did Torthen),

Madeline, I've moved you as far as you can move (a move action) and still draw your weapon (your second move action). I've kept you next to Smith, who technically, could double move and still draw. Again, I'm assuming you'd want to stay close to him (and vise versa). You're about half the distance from the rest of the group.

Torthen has yet to post, so I've taken the liberty of moving him as far as possible, keeping him with the group, but within sight of Madeline. Torthen, I still need Initiative from you. Or, you can just go at the end of the round.

Here is the combat map, round 2.

Rendel, Creel:
As you round the house, you can see the obvious source of the scream. Not far off, Kendra backs toward the house, and just beyond her, the half-orc, Tharnik, is swinging a large club at three very large looking wolves. They seem to be moving, (or so it strikes you) as a pack... trying to get past the burly Tharnik and at Kendra. She doesn't seem to notice you, but instead seems to be focused on trying to watch Tharnik's flank... and is yelling, perhaps as if that would keep the beasts at bay.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Indeed, that looks fine. Now, to battle!


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Whoops forgot about the whole diagonal costing double nonsense. Did away with it so long ago in my games I forgot that that's normal. Anyway.

Move to H2 and Draw Weapon.

to GM:
So, what's your take on using intimidate on things that obviously aren't humanoid or immune to fear?

Seeing the situation he strode over to the chaos taking the time to draw his sword with a slick leathery metallic sound. He called out to Kendra.

"Get back behind me. The others are not far behind. I've been wanting a nice cloak for winter anyway."

Bringign his sword up in an offensive pose he began a focusing prayer.

"Heavenly commander, see me through this battle."

Cheliax

ALL:

Please list your actions for round 3. I have Rendel's action.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Speaking up for Torthen's presumed interest. I believe Torthen should be in s-2. He has the move to get there and it sets him up for a clear run to the west. As it is he can't make it past i-4 as he hits the house. This means he reaches the fight in 3 rounds rather than 2 if he has a clear run.

Round 2. Tin can express coming through!
Double move due west. Ending in k-3. Assuming the tree at o-3 does not pose an issue.

If kendra and Tharnic have not noticed us my the time I reach k-2 i will shout: "Tharnik, Kendra this way!". But I expect they will have been alerted by then.

[B]Dear leader[b] Bit of a problem here. As my init is rather low conditions will have changed before my action. If a wolf moves into any space in row 3 in columm j or higher could we make my action a charge?

I'm sorry if this post is a bit confused. I'm new to PBP combat.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Round 3

Smith and Madeline continue to run around the side of the house towards the sound of the scream, following Rendel. (RN is Rendel? Yes)

So, moving as fast as they can diagonally North West, until they clear the side of the house.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
TheReplacementGM wrote:

ALL:

Please list your actions for round 3. I have Rendel's action.

??? I think I've lost a round somewhere.

Round 1 Run north.
Round 2 Double move west. Possable charge.
Round 3 Profit?

In any case I will be close enough to engage at that point. So

Round 3 Initiative 3
Actions in order of priority

1. Engage wolf attacking anyone down or severly injured.
2. Engage wolf attacking Kendra.
3. Engage wolf attacking me.
4. Engage wolf.
5. Make tea.

Creel Will charge if possable unless it draws aoo. Creel will charge in spite of aoo's if action 1 is active.

Cheliax

Creel wrote:
TheReplacementGM wrote:

ALL:

Please list your actions for round 3. I have Rendel's action.

??? I think I've lost a round somewhere.

Round 1 Run north.
Round 2 Double move west. Possable charge.
Round 3 Profit?

No, I listed movements for the end of round 1 as round 2, and then moved to round 3. It is I who am confused!

Cheliax

ALL I accidentally listed the end of round 1 as round 2. Please ignore! The map listed above is at the end of round 1, with the very silent Torthen moving last.

[ooc]Starting with round 2, I have the following actions; Creel moves to K2 (the tree is an issue, so I'm assuming you'd move to protect Kendra. Smith moves diagonally to H3, placing him in range for melee. Madeline follows, moving to G2 (directly behind Smith), protecting his flank. Kendra moves to J5. Finally, Torthen runs to J4 (moving in a straight line, gaining 5 ft.

As you come close, yelling, Kendra hears your group and spares a quick look back. Seeing your group, she shoots you a worried look and withdraws, shouting, "Help! Help us! Wolves are attacking! There's too many of them!!

As you move to join combat, you see Tharnik swing at one of the wolves, taking a step back to cover Kendra's retreat. As he does, one of the wolves steps up, biting him on the leg. He manages to connect with it, striking it hard, but it pulls him down. Seeing an advantage, the second wolf charges him, biting but missing him. Tharnik manages to kick the wolf back, but doesn't look good. The last wolf circles around south (moving to B5).

The Map, at end of round 2, is here


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Nods* So we are now going into Round 3

Smith simply squares his shoulders and, with a deft swerve, simply continues to charge at the furry monsters, his great hammer held across his chest as a makeshift shield.

Smith continues to charge the wolves attacking Tharnik. Making a 'Bull Rush' if possible.

Madeline is slightly more circumspect and angles to stand beside/before Kendra.

Madeline moves to fight defensively behind/over Tharnik. Which ever her movement allotment allows. *Bows*

*Looks at Map* Oooo! Wolf1 might actually get run over. =)

I apologise for posting 'out of order' but time awaits no person and adding comments when one can takes precedence. *Bows*

Cheliax

Madeline Peshtussle wrote:
I apologise for posting 'out of order' but time awaits no person and adding comments when one can takes precedence. *Bows*

That's fine!!

Smith is already adjacent to a wolf, so he cannot charge or Bull Rush. See the map. He can, however, on your turn, swing. I'll move you to K4 to protect Kendra unless you're prefer to move to J3 (or a similar location), keeping Kendra and Mr. Smith in sight.


Male Orc Expert 5

Rendel moved around taking up an advantageous position across from Smith and Tharnik to lay into the wolf before him and spare Tharnik from its wrath.

"May she lend accuracy to my blows, and power to my wrath."

Move around to E1 if I can without provoking AoO's.
Attack Wolf 1.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 +2 if flanking.

Edit: Couldnt move to that spot. so edited to fit what i can do.

Edit2: Oh hey a crit. Lemme just....

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

crit damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

confirm it.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Nods and Bows* Defending the fallen Dwarf should be fine. ;)

(Swing batter, batter!)

Smith simply twists at the shoulders and sweeps his weapon at the furry creature before him.

Att Roll:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Dam Roll:1d10 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 4 = 14

Cheliax

Just so Everyone is on the same page, this is the order of combat. We're in round 3![b]EDITED to update posts!

Rendel (Init 14) - moves to E1, hits wolf 1, scores a critical hit, confirms it, dropping the wolf with a wicked blow.
Smith (Init 10) - Shifts his blow to Wolf2, striking true, and hitting the wolf for 14 points. It drops.
Kendra (Init 9) - screams, "Kill these foul beasts!"
Madeline (Init 8) - ?
Tharnik (Init 6)
Wolves (Init 5)
Creel (Init 3)
Torthen (Init LAST)


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Edited my post to reflect damage and confirmation rolls. Assuming the crit confirms wolf 1 eats 19 swording-in-butt damage.

Cheliax

Rendel Bladetwist wrote:
Edited my post to reflect damage and confirmation rolls. Assuming the crit confirms wolf 1 eats 19 swording-in-butt damage.

Sword-in-butt confirmed, and all very disgusting to witness (especially for wolf #3).


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline looks about, trying to see what else is befalling the village.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

But hopefully enough fur to help make a coat at least. Waste not want not! (^_^)

Cheliax

Rendel (Init 14) - moves to E1, hits wolf 1, scores a critical hit, confirms it, dropping the wolf with a wicked blow.
Smith (Init 10) - Shifts his blow to Wolf2, striking true, and hitting the wolf for 14 points. It drops.
Kendra (Init 9) - screams, "Kill these foul beasts!"
Madeline (Init 8) - Fails perception check.
Tharnik (Init 6) - stands, limping to J2.
Wolves (Init 5) - Wolf 3 charges Smith. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24. If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage and possible trips smith. Free trip attack CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15. Smith's CMD is 15. Roll to confirm critical hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8, with 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 additional damage if it confirms. In either case, Mr. Smith is prone.

ALSO, Madeline cannot make another Perception check. She just made one in another post, in which you said you wanted to know what Kendra was screaming about (which has been since "eaten by the board monster"??) and you rolled a 9. Madeline will have to wait until next round to try again.

Creel (Init 3) - ?
Torthen (Init LAST) - ?

Cheliax

Done watching the board for a few hours. Off to write and make beer. I'll check back in a while. Hopefully, we can wrap up this encounter and move on...


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Round 3 Init 3

Move to g-1 attack wolf attacking Smith.
Halberd 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Merde! I was hoping to end the fight but I do not think that damage will do it.

Sorry Mr. Smith.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Moving On...:
Vaghn wonders momentarily why his secretary would need a letter from Giles, or why Giles should want to visit the cloakroom when he had just arrived, and therefore obviously could not have a cloak to fetch. He decides the man must have an odd sense of humor and dismisses it.
"Splendid, glad to hear it! No time to hunt down whiskey, I am afraid, unless you wanted to grab some with lunch I suppose. Time waits for no man! Well, okay, for powerful archmagi sure, but then again Morgenstern theorizes that such spells actually temporarily place the caster in a tiny alternate plane wherein time flows differently, as opposed to actually affecting the way time flows in our..." He trails off in the face of the no-doubt uncomprehending expressions of his audience. "Ahem. Yes, well, what I mean to say is that we must be off! I forget exactly when the funeral is to be held but I am sure we do not have time to dally! Come, my good man, onwards to discovery!"
With one last nod to his secretary, Vaghn strides from the room. A few moments later he hurries back in. "Forgot my hat!" He grabs his hat, places it upon his head, and strides out once more.
Unless Giles has anything more that needs to be done, Vaghn is eager to leave the city and be on his way to Ravengro and adventure.

Cheliax

Creel wrote:

Round 3 Init 3

Move to g-1 attack wolf attacking Smith.
Halberd 1d20+5 Damage 1d10+4

Sorry Mr. Smith.

Rendel (Init 14) - moves to E1, hits wolf 1, scores a critical hit, confirms it, dropping the wolf with a wicked blow.

Smith (Init 10) - Shifts his blow to Wolf2, striking true, and hitting the wolf for 14 points. It drops.
Kendra (Init 9) - screams, "Kill these foul beasts!"
Madeline (Init 8) - Fails perception check.
Tharnik (Init 6) - stands, limping to J2.
Wolves (Init 5) - Wolf 3 charges Smith. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24. If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage and possible trips smith. Free trip attack CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15. Smith's CMD is 15. Roll to confirm critical hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8, with 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 additional damage if it confirms. In either case, Mr. Smith is prone.

ALSO, Madeline cannot make another Perception check. She just made one in another post, in which you said you wanted to know what Kendra was screaming about (which has been since "eaten by the board monster"??) and you rolled a 9. Madeline will have to wait until next round to try again.

Creel (Init 3) - Strikes the final wolf, but does not seem to drive it off.
Torthen (Init LAST) - Shifts over (moves to I3) and targets the last wolf in F4. Muttering something in what you only imagine can be angry dwarf, he pulls a sling and fires one into combat. 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5 (-4 for melee) and misses. (Sorry, Torthen, but I'm acting for you to move combat along! Hope to see more of you this weekend!)

Cheliax

Here's where we are at the beginning of round 4. I need actions (again) for all involved.

Here's the map, Round 4, beginning

Perception checks, please:

I need everyone to make Perception checks. Madeline, since she was actively looking around last round, gets a +2 circumstance bonus. It's a DC 15 check to notice the other wolves.

Initiative Order:

Wolves, group 2 (16) - moved onto field of battle.
Rendel (14) - ? (armed)
Smith (10) - ? (remember, Smith is prone in G2, armed, injured, 7HP remaining)
Kendra (9) - ?
Madeline (8) - ? (armed)
Tharnik (6) - ? (armed, injured, ?? HP remaining)
Creel (3) - ? (armed)
Torthren (last) - ? (armed)


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Perception:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12(Madeline)

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23(Smith, possibly with minuses due to him actually getting up. :P )

"Mistress...? Over there..." Smith ignores his torn jacket and shirt as he raises himself and points off towards the East.

Smith would possibly ask who WM1 is...?


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Last post from me tonight but then I'm going to bed. HAve to work in the morning.

5ft shift to E2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Letting the first impaled wolf slip free from his blade he turned to the other wolf continuing his prayer.

"May she give peace to my fallen foes in death."

Heaving is blade up he brought a heavy blow against the wolf.

"And respite to the families of our fallen."

Focused on the battle at hand he fails to notice the phantom threat coming from the other side.

151 to 200 of 4,956 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.