Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


1,851 to 1,900 of 4,956 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Round 3

On 23, Madeline continues to bear down on the fire, swinging her rolled-up tapestry against the wall. The fire, however, continues to leap to new fuel and evades her. Two squares on the left wall are burning.

On 18, Creel slides between the second skull and the flaming wall, bringing his sword down against it. He connects with it, shattering the unnatural thing with ease. It explodes into a cloud of burning embers that cascade - like spent fireworks - onto the ground.

On 14, Alexa continues to push foward through the crowd, her club aglow. She finally reaches Creel, only to discover he has bested both of his flaming opponents. With little to do, she sends her snowy owl out of the burning building and grabs a water skin, throwing it hard against the right wall! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 (to hit AC 5). She extinguishes another spot on the wall. Five squares on the right wall are on fire.

Alexa:
I didn't see round 3 actions for you, so I moved you forward. I hope you don't mind.

On 12, Smith continues to beat the fire with the tapestry in hand, extinguishing more of the fire. One square on the left wall continues to burn.

On 10, Vaghn shouts over the crowd, successfully untangling a panicked knot of townsfolk with clear and concise directions! 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) = 11 townsfolk manage to escape the burning building.

On 10, the fire continues to spread. The portion that Smith had just extinguished on the left wall blazes up again. Two squares on the left wall are on fire now. The right wall, however, continues to burn furiously! Even with Alexa drenching part of it, two more squares erupt in flames! A total of seven squares are now on fire along the right wall! The wall, from the first pew to nearly the back corner, is on fire. Several of the townsfolk are now panicking, pushing over one another trying to escape the back rows. Smoke is starting to fill the hall!

On 9, 1d6 ⇒ 6 more townsfolk push out into the daylight.

On 7, Valen redoubles his effort and starts to extinguish the fire on the right wall. Seeing it leaping toward the stage, he slides closer to the stage (avoiding most of the fleeing crowd) and works there. He manages to put some of the fire out. Six fires on the right wall continue to burn.

Valen:
You strain against the smoke, trying to see Kendra, Tharnik, and Gibbs. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 (-4 for the smoke). Although you are certain you've missed them, the smoke parts for a mere moment and you are happy to see Kendra and Tharnik depart. You do not, however, see Gibbs through the maddened crowd.

As each of you take stock of the situation, you see that it will take another minute or so to evacuate the rest of the townsfolk. The fire, however, is starting to look bad. If you don't manage to get the right wall under control, and quick, you fear the worst.

You are certain that a little over half of the townsfolk have escaped now...38/60

Round 4 actions, please...


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Sweat pouring from his face, Valen continues to strenously work to put out the fire on the right wall.

CMB: 1d20 ⇒ 10

"Little help here, someone..." his voice utters hoarsely from the smoke.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Perception Madeline:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Smith! GO!" And Madeline pauses for the briefest of seconds to indicate for her manservant to change position and help Valen, even as she turns back to trying to finish the fire before her.

Madeline CMB:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Aaand...not doing so good. :P

Smith says nothing, does not question, does not argue, simply turns and makes his best speed to the other side of the hall (The Right side) Though it will take him precious moments to do so.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"Damn. I'm coming!" Vaghn rushes over to the right wall and starts beating at the flames with whatever is at hand. His mind races, furiously trying to think of a more efficient way to save the building.

CMB to fight fire 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Knowledge (engineering) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

WTF - I think this thing hates me. I posted a long post again last night.

Out of time right now. I told Creel to help MAdeline with the left wall and then went toward the right. I also told everyone that if they have a waterskin, that is effective on putting the fire out. I then used my standard action to put our a square of fire on the right wall.

Attack-waterskin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Round 4

"Vaghn, get people out!"

Creel moves to the right wall and begins fighting the flames.

Creel vs fire 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7. Oh dear.

Dark Archive

Round 4

As panicked people pour out the building, a midst a raging fire and billowing smoke, your group realizes things are quickly spiraling out of control. With Vaghn doing his best to direct folks calmly out, all of you focus on the fire.

On 23, Madeline peers through the smoke, sees the fire raging along the right wall, and directs Smith over there. She then turns her attention to the left wall, battling the fire as best she can. But even with her best effort, the fire seems to push past her.Two squares on the left wall are on fire.

On 18, Creel shouts to Vaghn and then tries to put out the fire on the right wall. His effort is wasted. Seven squares on the right wall are on fire..

On 14, Alexa pulls another water skin from her belt (she has 2 left) and throws it at the fire on the right wall. She hits it, drenching part of the right corner. Six squares on the right wall are on fire.

On 12, Smith rushes over to the right wall, his tapestry in hand, and swings at the wall. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9. Six squares on the right wall remain on fire.

On 10, Vaghn directs his energy on the right wall, using an old coat to try and smoother the fire. He manages to extinguish some of it. Five squares on the right wall are on fire.

Vaghn:
You're certain that if you don't get this fire under control soon, it will collapse the building. But it will take a few minutes, at least. Your certain that the peaked roof will allow you safe time from the fire, but no more than a minute or so... especially with no windows in the all. You're not sure what it will take to put this out with your effort, but there is a well outside, in the town's center. Maybe if the panicked townsfolk started a bucket brigade...

On 10, the fire leaps to new ground. Three squares on the left wall are now on fire. Six squares on the right wall are now on fire.

On 9, the townsfolk continue to pour out of the building, pushing and trampling one another as they do. Several people disappear in the crowd. 1d6 ⇒ 2 people vacate the building.

On 7, Valen works on the right wall, making no effort at all. Six squares on the right wall continue to burn.

40/60 people are out.

Round 5 actions please...


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Round 5:

Madeline CMB:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Smith CMB:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Seriously? What is it with this dice roller?!

Dark Archive

I know. It's like the roller wants you to die in a raging fire!


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Round 4 of the flaming barn.

Close enough now to be able to fight the fire directly, Alexa grabs one of the tapestries previously pulled off the wall and begins to beat down the fire on the right wall.

CMB-beat fire: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Shout: Valen, if anyone can get us some water, it would be very helpful about now.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Seeing that the others have arrived, Valen nods at Alexa's suggestion and hands off the rug to whoever is closest to use it. He then makes his way outside and looks for a well, rain-barrel; or maybe a horse-trough.

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Dark Archive

Alexa Grunwald wrote:

Round 4 of the flaming barn.

Close enough now to be able to fight the fire directly, Alexa grabs one of the tapestries previously pulled off the wall and begins to beat down the fire on the right wall.

CMB-beat fire: 1d20+3

Shout: Valen, if anyone can get us some water, it would be very helpful about now.

You mean round 5, right?


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Yep, unless you allow me a second Round 4 action.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Having satisfied himself that the building is not in immediate danger of collapsing, Vaghn casts about in the smoke-filled room, trying to locate the sheriff.

Perception check to locate sheriff 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Failing to do so, he instead addresses the crowd as a whole once more. "Try to remain calm everyone; this building is a sturdy one, and while it may be uncomfortable right now, it will be several minutes before the fire weakens it sufficiently to be dangerous. Plenty of time to get everyone out! No shoving, just continue to file out, everyone will be fine. If someone can locate the sheriff for me, please instruct him to grab his deputies and form a bucket brigade from the well. My compatriots and I will have these flames doused in no time once we can get some water in here! Thank you, keep moving please!"

Diplomacy1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I think this is the appropriate song for about now.

Burning Down the House


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

LOL. "Hold tight, we're in for nasty weather!"


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

I think we should all get a second round 4 action. That was just sad! :7(

Round 5 Wherein our heroes are burned alive.

Creel occupied with trying to keep the flames from the exit hears the druid, whips the water-skin from his shoulder and simply smashes it into the wall. (Fighting fire with violence, assuming normal attack? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7Hmmmm...maybe.)


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Nice Alexa.....


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

I don't want to set the world on fire.

Love the Ink Spots.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
Creel wrote:

I don't want to set the world on fire.

Love the Ink Spots.

Cute. Me too.

Dark Archive

Running my RL game today, so I'll get back to all of you - and your witty YouTube posts - tomorrow!


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Hope its not with 'how about a little fire, Scarecrow?'

Dark Archive

Round 5

Faced with a fire raging up the right wall, your group pushes forward into the heat, ash, and smoke - doing everything you can to save the townsfolk of Ravengro from certain doom.

On 23, Madeline attacks the fire, swinging her rolled up tapestry at the wall with little effect. Bits of the tapestry nearly light, and she steps back, momentarily, to pat them off on the floor before repositioning herself to continue her attack against the fire. Three squares on the left wall are still on fire.

On 18, Creel tosses a water skin at the right wall! It bursts on impact, showering that square in water! Five squares on the right wall are still on fire.

On 14, Alexa continues to try and extinguish the fire, with little success. Five squares on the right wall are still on fire.

On 12, Smith continues fighting the fire with little effect. Five squares continue to burn.

On 10, Vaghn searches in vain for the sheriff while he tries to herd the townsfolk safely out of the burning building. 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12 more people safely escape.

On 10, the fire spreads. Four squares on the left wall burn. Six squares on the right wall do, as well.

On 9, 1d6 ⇒ 6 more townsfolk safely exit the building. The crowd, finally thinning, reveals two bodies on the floor, not far from the door.

On 7, Valen pushes through the crowd, deftly dodging fallen and panicked townsfolk alike. When he reaches the double doors, he looks about, left and right, for free people and a well. He looks left, and almost immediately, sees a few unemployed folks dosing themselves with water from the town well. He also spots a few buckets not far from the well.

At the end of the round, 58/60 people have escaped. Two people lie on the ground, not far from the door.

Round 6 actions please...


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn immediately moves to aid the remaining two people out the door, carrying them bodily if need be.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen's panicked eyes flare with emerald fire from out of the soot and ash on his face as he assesses the area. Whatever fears he may have wash away in the intensity of his orders to the people standing around. Pointing at the folks standing by, he barks:

"Folk of Ravengro, your councilers and your neighbors have need of your help - lest Pharasma judge them before their time! Help us keep the town hall from burning down! Get those buckets and start bringing well water in here; form a bucket chain; focus on the right side first! Now!

If it looks like they need help, Valen will get them organized and then start bringing water in.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Alternatively, if it looks like they have the situation in hand, he will turn back around and start moving one of the two downed people to clear the path into the building for the bucket brigade.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline CMB:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Smith CMB:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Yay! a good roll for once, though I fear too little too late. Still...until the rallying call is heard 'Fight! Fight! Fight!'


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa redoubles her effort to put out the flames, banking at the next square with her tapestry.

CMB-fire:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Dark Archive

Creel, your actions? And look for an update tomorrow...

Dark Archive

Round 6....

On 23 Madeline continues to fight the fire on the left wall, finally putting out the flames directly in front of her. 3 squares on the left wall remain on fire.

On 18 Creel continues to fight the fire on the right wall 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6. Creel, stressed and nearly blinded by a sudden flare of smoke, flame, and ash, stumbles back, nearly tripping on the seating behind him.Six squares on the right wall are still on fire.

On 14 Alexa rushes in and beats back the flames that threatened Creel! Five squares on the right wall remain burning.

On 12 Smith attempts to put more of the right wall out. He fails, however. Five squares on the right wall remain burning.

On 10 Vaghn rushes over to help the people who have fallen before the door. He quickly assesses the situation and picks the first up, carrying her out of the burning building and safely placing her on the grass outside.

Vaghn:
You can only move one person at a time.

On 10 the fire spreads. Four squares on the left wall are on fire, as well as six squares on the right.

On 9 the townsfolk mill about, coughing, hacking, and crying.

On 7 Valen addresses the townsfolk, asking them for their aid in putting out their beloved town hall. Several of them 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 heed his call and begin to gather up buckets and water. The townsfolk now act on six. You may make 3 additional CMB rolls against the fire, DC 5, each round on 6, with the buckets. The townsfolk have a CMB +1.

Round 7 actions please....


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Round 7:

Madeline CMB:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Smith CMB:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Well...at least the dice roller is allowing Madeline to hold her own. Smith on the other hand. (-_-)


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Boy, I wish I was level 3 and could summon a few water elementals to end this quick.

Alexa coughs a few times from the growing smoke, but continues to attack the fire with her tapestry.

CMB-fire: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

--> Who do you want to roll the extra CMB rolls, and are there any modifiers? Or is this Valen tossing three buckets of water on the wall using his modifiers?

Dark Archive

Alexa - On six, I'll either Valen or I will roll for the three additional people. Their modifier is CMB +1, vs. CMD 5


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Assuming that Vaghn helps the other downed person...

"Excellent work! Pharasma bless your efforts!," he shouts as he grabs a bucket and joins them to put the fires out.

Valen's Firefighting CMB: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Townsfolk Firefighting CMB: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Of course the NPCs get the good rolls! Sheesh.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Valen - nice rolls. FYI - I think that your CMB should be +1 (+1 BAB, +0 Str)


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

You are spot-on! Don't know why I overlooked it - still thinking I'm level 1 I guess. :-P


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Thanks for the round 6 bot gm!

Round 7

"Good work Vaghn!"

Still fighting the fire on the right wall. CMB vs Fire: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

With one villager left to go, Vaghn hastens to finish getting everyone to safety.

Dark Archive

I'm a little late posting today, but I've actually had *work* to do, so I've been, well, busy....

Round 7

On 23, Madeline presses ahead, battling smoke and ash, and managing to put out another patch of troublesome fire on the left wall. Three squares on the left wall continue to burn.

On 18, Creel, somewhat renewed by unspoken divine assistance, slams his tapestry against the wall, putting out more of the raging fire there. Five squares on the right wall continue to burn.

On 14, Alexa steps left, giving Creel the room he needs, and swings her tapestry at the spreading fire. She, like Creel beside her, manages to push more of it back! Four squares on the right wall continue to burn.

On 12, Smith continues to fight the fire... treating it as he would any combatant. His strong, steady blows, however, do not have the same effect his mistress would hope. Four squares on the right wall continue to burn.

On 10, Vaghn runs back into the burning building, snatching up the final townsfolk - a young girl of no more than seventeen summers - and carries her to safety. When he gets outside, her lays her gently next to the body of an older man.

On 10, the fire roars back up, defying your effort. It leaps up toward Madeline, threatening to push her back into the rows of stout, wooden benches just as it leaps toward Creel, holy man be damned. Five squares on the right wall are now on fire. Four squares on the left wall continue to burn.

On 7, Valen runs back in, using an old coat to unsuccessfully beat at the fire. He does, however, encourage the townsfolk with his effort, however. They move in behind him, tossing in bucket after bucket of well water.

On 6, the townsfolk rush in, tossing three large buckets of water down the right wall. Their effort is almost immediately noticed, as the burning oil separates and scatters, tiny bits of fire spreading up and down the right wall. Luckily, most of the oil, consumed in the initial explosions, has burned off and what remains isn't enough to take hold on the floors and wooden benches. Two squares on the right wall continue to burn steadily. Tiny patches of burning oil, here and there, continue to burn on the floor around the benches.

As your group looks around, the smoke, ash, and fire seems to coagulate - if only for a second - into that of a screaming face, its jaw agape and smoke pouring up from what would be its throat! Its eyes, or those pits that would pass for them, flare up, looking into each of your hearts and minds and, finding nothing but contempt, snap open wider before finally slamming shut.

Suddenly, without warning, all of the fires in the room extinguish!

The room is quiet. The smoke and ash remain, proof that none of your effort was imagined. But, with it, so does a feeling. A dire feeling.

...something has went terribly wrong in this town.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Madeline Sags, but does not drop, as the fire suddenly extinguishes. The weird face effect, she simply blinks and tries to gently rub the soot and smoke from her eyes.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

She looks around, first to see and make sure her companions have weathered the inferno safely and every one has come through the ordeal alive and hale.

With concern, she moves to reassure herself that all of her companions (Also, did Kendra attend?) are all right. She moves to the closest. (Not sure who that is at the moment)

"How is every one?" She asks, her voice hoarse and faint from the smoke and soot of the fire.

Smith simply drops his tapestry and moves to stand behind his Mistress.

Yay! We won! (^_^)


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen's eyes go wide at the sight of face and he raises a hand as it seems to snap. "lady of graves...," he mutters quietly as he slumps down near a pew - half exhausted; half shocked for moment.

A remembered oath shakes him awake; he takes a deep breath; and regains his feet with help of one of the firefighting townsfolk. He offers them each a handshake of gratitude and scans around for the others - including the stern man that first caught his attention. I think you mentioned this was Gibbs - somebody Valen doesn't know but the others have met.

@Madeline: Kendra and Tharnik did come with us to the meeting.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa lets out a few coughs and then changes her focus and begins to scan for any undead, fey, incorporeal, ethereal, outsiders or astral creatures still in the vicinity. If she detect nothing, then she step outside of the smokey building.

Well, it is a little scorched, but it could be worse.

Alexa then reaches out her arm as Spark returns.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

In the sudden coughing stillness Creel stands with sword drawn. The steel needle pointing at the now vanished face.

"Damn."

Moving quickly Creel heads for the two injured townsfolk.
Heal check to determine injury or do anything about it: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17. Plenty of LOH available if they need healing.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline blinks and glances around the fire damaged hall, bringing a hanky to her face to better alleviate the soot and smoke now that the danger has passed. With a nod she indicates Smith to follow and walks,

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

With a slight stagger from the strain of her exertions out into the night and the milling town's folk.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22(Madeline)

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20(Smith)

Seeing the prone forms she first gasps with shock and then quickly searches for Kendra. (Hoping Smith can point Kendra out to Madeline)

Dark Archive

The smoke continues to pour out the building, generally thinning as your group walks out of the building and into the yard beyond.

Alexa, for her part, stops on the steps and concentrates, turning in a slow circle, her eyes pressed tightly shut.

Alexa:
The area is clear.

As she does so, her companions walk past, Creel immediately moving to help the injured. He bends down, laying his sword down on the ground, and begins to carefully channel his divine powers, healing both the younger girl and older man in turn. Before long, a few of the townsfolk gather to watch. A few seconds later, the young girl's eyes flutter open. She coughs a few times, sits up, and asks, "What, what happened?"

Creel:
2 uses of LoH used. You earn 1 "Hero Point"

The elder man, sadly, cannot be revived. Careful examination by Creel determines that the initial stress, alongside the fire, smoke, and panicked rush out - stopped his heart. There is nothing Creel can do for him.

Madeline and Smith walk to the edge of the yard, both of them scanning the morning fields for any sign of additional trouble. Convinced that no threat lurks out on the borders, they return to the group.

Madeline:
You've a good look and find nothing. Also, it's morning.

Valen, scanning the crowd, picks out Kendra and Tharnik easily.

Valen:
You can see Gibbs, as well. He grimaces, an angry look upon his face.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I walk over to the town elders, if they are still milling about.

I do not detect any more of the malevolent beings that were here before. I cannot say where they came from before, but clearly somebody wishes great harm to this good town. I think that the wisest thing to do would be to show whoever is doing this that the town will not be scared away. My companions and I will redouble our efforts to determine what is causing this problem, but the good town folk together with the priests of Pharasma and the sheriff need to work together to assure that you are all prepared for whatever comes next.

By my understanding, this town has been assaulted by stirges, rabid wolves, zombies, and now fire monsters in the past few days. I doubt that these evil creatures are acting on their own and just suddenly decided it would be fun to attack this good town. Thus, you all need to be prepared, so that if or when the next evil occurs, you are all ready to stop it and minimize the losses and injuries you may suffer.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline continues to search for Mistress Kenedra in the paling of the dawn light.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn, having just spent the better part of a minute shouting commands and encouragements in the middle of a smoke-filled room, collapses next to the last villager he carried to safety, coughing and retching uncontrollably.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I also help attend to any injured villagers.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen makes his way out of the town hall - slightly distracted and disoriented as his eyes blink in the morning light from the soot and smoke. Hearing Vaghn's coughing, he goes to check on him - seeing as Creel and Alexa seem to be taking care of the villagers.

Offering him something to drink and trying to assist him, "Are you alright, Herr Vaghn? Here - hopefully this will rinse out the soot." He occasionally glances around - trying to keep on eye on the surly man from before. There's also a few quiet nods of agreement as he hears Alexa's statements. Let's hope they'll listen...

Once Vaghn is OK, he'll look around to see if there's anyone else who needs assistance.

Don't know if you need more rolls at this point, so let me know.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Now what can one do with a hero point.....

To the young girl: "Try not to speak. You took in a good bit of smoke, your throat must feel horrible. You are safe now." He wraps a remnant of one of the tapestries around her to keep her warm.

Creel waves over Valen and speaks to him in a low voice: "I could not save the elderly gentelman. Your services are required."

1,851 to 1,900 of 4,956 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.