Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


1,801 to 1,850 of 4,956 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline walks calmly into the midst of the group of locals. Her chin up and her gaze calm and neutral. She settles dutifully into the seats provided, the stiff backs of the chair allowing her to remain her poise.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 (To find the best seating arraignment for herself and Smith such that they are seated both closely together and as far away from any of the crowd as possible.)

Smith follows his Mistress at his normal, respectful pace. Sitting where his Mistress indicates with an inclination of her head.

Madeline listens calmly as the Chief Magistrate (?) speaks, though at his closing words her eyes take on a steely gaze and she begins to slowly regards first the gathered crowd and then the arraigned council. Her gloved hand sitting easily upon the hilt of her sword.

At some of Alexa's inflections and word use Madeline arches an eyebrow, glances to the woman but for now remains silent.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 (This to try and garner an idea as to how the Lady Alexa's words have been received.

Sense motive:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 (Untrained: If the DM thinks this skill is more appropriate.)

Who's going to speak next? Madeline will await until some one indicates she should add something.

*Bows

Dark Archive

Madeline:
You want to use Sense Motive to determine people's emotions, their intent, how they are receiving information, and whether or not they are lying to you. Sense Motive always opposes, for instance, Bluff.

You find a suitable place up front, not far from the council, nor sandwiched in by the common folk.

As Alexa speaks, the crowd murmurs and whispers to itself. It does not, however, comment. It appears to be waiting on others to speak, or, if none do, the council. You cannot, however, determine they're overall emotional response. If any are moved, they are hiding it well.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Forgot about that.

As she is speaking, Alexa carefully watches the crowd.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 <-- I assume it is not dark/shadowy enough for the +3.

Dark Archive

Alexa:
The crowd seems skeptical, but open. Only a few folks, way in the back, seem to antagonistic.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

TheReplacementGM:
Just wanting to know if the yokels are in a 'hangin' mood' is all. Nothing like garnering a few torch and pitch-fork wielding mods to motivate a character. I remember that welcoming comity at the grave, don't you worry. *Bows*

Dark Archive

Madeline:
Oh, I'll let you know, don't you worry.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Indeed...(¬_¬)


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

As I step back with my companions: Quietly: Seems there are a few in the back who seem antagonistic. Most of the rest seem neutral or supportive.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Post has been eaten twice. Let's try again. Sorry - I was away from my computer yesterday for the holiday. Hope everyone had a nice day.

@Vaghn: Valen nods (a little surprised) at the Professor's compliment and adds to his assessment, "By Pharasma's aid, I am glad to help defeat this thing then."

He also nods in agreement with Vaghn about his assessment of treating Tharnik after they leave the town hall.

In preparation for their trip, Valen tries his best to make himself presentable to an "official" body - the concept being foreign to him given his small village upbringing. He places his holy symbol over his clean chain-shirt and makes his common clothes as neat as possible. Self-consciously, he covers his ears and tries to place his cap to shadow his eyes somewhat. While he bears his weapons, he decides to use his shovel as a walking staff for now. To ease his nervousness, he chews on one last biscuit as they make the walk to the town hall.

@Madeline: He listens thoughtfully as they walk and hear her story. At the mention of Alkenstar, he tilts his head as if considering something, but remains quiet.
Knowledge(Geography): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

At the town hall, seeing the large, nervous crowd, he does his best to blend in behind the others and quietly make his way to the front once they are inside. Grey Lady, let them not fear or think me...inhuman.
Disguise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 or would it be bluff?


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Might I suggest a nice, silk scarf over one's ears. Works a treat for Mister Smith and myself. (^_~)


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

At the councilman's annoucement and request that they speak, Valen feels as if the biscuit is dancing in his stomach at the thought of having to stand in front of all the townsfolk.
Alexa's forthright speech pushes his courage up to speak, and after waiting a bit, he stands up and scans the crowd before speaking:

"People of Ravengro, my name is Valen Stellori of Crowbridge, a small village northeast of here. I have come here to assist you, just as your native son, Hugo Van Der Maarl, helped my home some weeks ago. As his friend and fellow disciple to Pharasma, I can do no less than help battle whatever menace may be before you."
Turning to wave at the others, Valen's voice, small at first, grows stronger as his conviction grows throughout.
"I ask that you give us a chance to provide that aid before you pass judgement, and we will, by the Grey Lady, not fail you."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
Madeline Peshtussle wrote:
Might I suggest a nice, silk scarf over one's ears. Works a treat for Mister Smith and myself. (^_~)

Don't doubt it has been a source of curiosity to Valen - but that's a question for later. In any case, he probably should have asked for one before they left. :-\


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Some things over in the OOC thread for discussion, if anyone wants to add to it.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Take two; I was in the middle of typing this yesterday when the site went down.

Alexa:
I have been using this particular format since I joined the campaign, and it has been no problem thus far. If it is the consensus of the group that everyone should use a specific format, and if I am asked to conform, then I shall do so. Until such time I shall continue to use the format I am most comfortable with. Cheers.

Vaghn listens intently to the words of the townsfolk, and those of his new allies. When they have fallen silent, he nods to himself and strides to the fore. Adorned in his formal professorial robes, he radiates a confidence previously unseen, obviously in his element addressing a crowd as though at the front of a lecture hall.

"Herren and Frauen of Ravengro. Esteemed councilmen. Friends. For those of you who do not yet know me, I am Professor Vaghn der Grafft of the University of Lepidstadt. The Lorrimers have been friends to me since I was but a boy, and so I have had the pleasure of visiting this fine community on more than one previous occasion; I have walked these streets with you, purchased items from your businesses, broken bread with you. So please understand that it is no idle fancy when I say that I care about this town and its people, and wish it only peace and prosperity."

"Professor Lorrimer loved this town. He worked tirelessly to improve and protect it, up until the very moment of his death. For you see, there was another group of strangers come to visit not long ago. You probably did not see them, as they would have hidden themselves, only coming out to visit Harrowstone late at night. They came to wreak mischief upon this town, and when our friend, the Professor, tried to stop them, they killed him." Vaghn hangs his head and allows the portent of his words to sink in before continuing.

"I am sure you all know the rumors of the haunting of Harrowstone. I believe that they are true. I am sure you all know the legacy of Ravengro, and the story of Warden Hawkran's brave sacrifice to save the inhabitants of the town from vicious criminals of the most vile sort. These strangers, these enemies of Ravengro, these murderers are cut from the same cloth as the criminals that once inhabited Harrowstone, and when they were here they performed an act of most vile necromancy: they stole the spirit of Warden Hawkran from the stones he had given his life to protect. That statue out by the river depicts the greatest hero in Ravengro's history, and these men defiled his memory and his very soul! That is the sort of perverted act Professor Lorrimer died trying to stop, proving that heroes are not found only in the past."

"You might be wondering why I tell you all of this. Is it to clear the name of my friend and mentor, the victim of vile rumors contrary to his very nature? In part. Is it to put your minds at ease regarding the intentions of myself and my fellows, here to help this fine community? In part. I will tell you my primary reason now: I am here to warn you, prepare you, for those men did not only take from Ravengro, take the life of one hero and the soul of another; no, they also left something behind, something vile beyond imagination, something that has been causing trouble from calling wolves to attack your neighbors to animating the bodies of your loved ones in a most foul mockery of who they once were. Whatever this presence is, it is a bane to all that lives, a blight upon the proud heritage and beauty of Ravengro, and I vow to you now, with the help of your council, Father Grimburrow, your fine sheriff, and the capable individuals you see here with me today, I will see that being destroyed! I will see those whose lives have been lost avenged! I will see the safety of Ravengro restored and the men who brought this danger upon us brought to justice in a way that would have made Warden Hawkran proud!"

"This I vow to you, fine people of Ravengro. This I vow, fellow citizens of Ustalav. Together we will tell these cultists, these spirits, or the shade of the Whispering Tyrant himself that we are not afraid! We are not weak! We are the living, breathing descendents of heroes and we will not bend!"

"Now. Any questions?"

RGM:
If anyone seems like they are getting riled up in a bad way and likely to interrupt, Vaghn utilizes Fascinate on that person.

Diplomacy1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perform (oratory)1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Vaghn:

I have no problem with your formatting. It just takes some getting used to as most posters that I have played with on the Paizo boards use the technique I do.

It is more important that you continue posting on a regular basis. I have had one previous CC campaign fail. As I really like this campaign and you all, I hope we all can make it through all the books of this one. RGM has created a picture of the town that is almost alive (at least for an undead infested town), and I look forward to him leading us through the adventure.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Vaghn - Wow on that speech! *Clap clap*


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline listens as Vaghn speaks, her expression showing the growing appreciation for the man's talent of speech-craft. By his oration's end, even she is clapping softly in response/praise of his words.

However, she waits and watches for the council's and toe town's folk response before she makes a move to stand up.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Excellent work Vaghn, guess I get to take the hit trying to follow that.

Creel now stands, his ever-present smile on his face. If Councilman Gharen Muricar , the sheriff, Father Grimburrow, Vai or Athelliana are among the gathered multitude creel will nod greeting or at least try to catch their eyes.

"There is very little I can add to what my friend Professor der Grafft has said."
"As for who I am, my name is Creel Candelman and I am a paladin sworn in the service of Iomedae."
"I know there have been rumors floating about that the recent troubles are related to the late professor Lorrimor. I can assure you that there is no grounds to this. I know the professor was a newcomer to Ravengro. I know his work required him to travel extensively. I know he was never able to become part of your community. So the suspicions are understandable. However it is time to let them go. Pharsma granted my friend Petros rest in her sacred ground. Do you think Father Grimburrow much less the the Lady of Graves would let someone unclean lie in the restlands? I was one of the professors pallbearers. I inspected his body, his grave, and his home. If there was a particle of evil about him Iomedae would have sniffed it out and shown it to me. Or do you think a man so powerfully steeped in evil as to fool Prarasma, who sees all secrets, to fool Iomedae who saw through the machinations of the Whispering Tryant himself... Do you think that such a being could be felled by a simple dropped stone?"

"Because that is what killed my friend Petros. A stone. A stone that just happened to fly several feet from its wall to hit the professor. Maybe it was chance, it is just possible. But I think it had help. I think it was a volley. A volley in a war being fought with Ravengro as the prize. A silent war between professor Lorrimor and the people who disturbed the rest of Warden Hawkran. When they killed Petros Lorrimor they must have rejoiced. Their hunter was dead, no one else knew they were about. But oh how these necromancers must have hated our arrival. Valen a priest of Phrasma, not a friend to grave-robbers. Myself a simple man but through me Iomedae, implacable foe of the Tyrant and all who stand with him . Vaghn, a professor like dear Petros, a man who can call upon all the knowledge collected since Starfall. Madame Peshtussle and Miss Grunwald, masters of powers natural and arcane that these evil doers cannot understand much less stand against."

"Oh they hate us. They have tried to kill us and will try again but what they truly hate, what they truly fear is what is happening right now. Ravengro, their true enemy, has awoken."

" We are talking to each other. Working together as a community. My old Sargent used to say that a wound will only fester if its covered. The same is true for evil. Ignore all this. Send us away if you will, you have that power. If you do you might gain some peace. A few quiet nights while evil breathes easy and gathers strength. Then some night, some night soon, you will face not a few maddened wolves but hundreds, not a handful of dead pulled from their rightful rest but an army. Ravengro will cease to exist."

"This is why we are here, this is why Petros pulled us together. To help save the community he loved. To shine a light on the darkness that has infested his beloved land and drive it out."

"That is who I am and why I am here. I am Creel Candleman servant to Iomedae and friend to Ravengro. Please ask what you will. Let ther be no secrets between friends."

Diplomacy, aid other to Vaughn would be best I think 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Dark Archive

Valen's Geography Skill Check:
The city-state of Alkenstar is a tiny, magic-dead city in Garund that is famous for its use of alchemy and technology. It has rich mineral deposits.

And yes, it would be Disguise. Bluff is for speaking, Disguise is for physical costumes and attempts to change your appearance...

Valen's Speech skill checks:
Perception & Sense Motive While you speak, you casually observe the crowd, looking for physical cues to what they might be thinking, feeling, or - in the case of this situation - fearing. And you notice that if anything were crystal clear, it would be the fear that is gripping these people. They are not only noticeably nervous, some of them are actually holding themselves, their arms crossed, rocking back and forth. Mothers hold tightly to their children. Only a single man, his hair long and dark, with large rings under his eyes, seems relaxed - defiant even - as you speak.Diplomacy skill check noted.

Vaghn's Speech:
When you walk up to the podium, you get the impression that the crowd, which was far more indifferent to your group when you first arrived, is warming to you. When you finish your speech, you are all but sure of it. The few townsfolk, on the back row, who were willing to stand against you at the funeral have turned toward you, a few even offering respectful nods. Even Gibbs, with his long, dark, oily hair and sleep-deprived demeanor, relaxes a little - taken in, even if only for a moment - by your enchanted words.

As you step down, a few people clap. When you look to the source of the sound, you see 4 of the councilors standing.

Dark Archive

Creel finishes his speech, his words flowing and mixing with those of Vaghn to great effect. The town stands, and here and there, the once light murmur erupts into a host of jumbled questions, excited responses, and even hushed accusations. Try as you may, you can't make heads or tales of it until the echoing thud of the gavel rolls out, like thunder striking the cold, hard earth.

BAM. BAM. BAM.

And then, once again, the crowd is silent.

Until someone calls out, from the back.

"Look! The tapestry!! Fire!!! Fire!!! Aghhhhhhhhh!!!

Suddenly, the room is complete chaos.

roll initiative...


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

RGM:
I was going to say this before the chaos, but if possible I will try to keep an eye on the one man who was so calm and defiant after we get out of here. Assuming we get out of here...

Dark Archive

Town Hall dimensions"

The town hall is a rectangular building, 50 ft wide and 60 ft. deep. The back of the building has a slight stage, raised roughly 3 ft. up (where Creel and Vaghn are currently standing, alongside the council members, who are seated in chairs along the back wall). The stage is 10 ft. deep (from edge to the back wall). The audience are packed into 2 rows of benches, each row with 6 benches. These benches are roughly 20 ft long. Narrow lanes, each less than 5 ft. feet in width, run the full length of the main room, both outside of the benches and between them.

Double doors, along the back wall, lead out of the hall.

Think church pews, with a narrow walkway outside of them, as well as between them. It's packed pretty tight in here.

Five ornate tapestries cover each of the town hall walls. One hangs behind you, and two hang on each of the side walls. While the townsfolk cried fire and pointed to the tapestry, it is the oil lamps that have exploded, covering the walls adjacent to them in fire. So far, none of the tapestries are on fire.

The "building" acts on initiative number 10.

Madeline, Alexa, and Valen are sitting in the first row, closest to the stage, on the left hand side of the door.

Dark Archive

Valen:
It's not going to be easy, but you can attempt to, as a swift action, keep him in view each round. I'll require a Perception skill check on your part, however.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

If possible, would like to be able to get a door open to help get these folks a clear exit. But if it that seems impossible, then look to putting the fires out.

Oh to have prayed for a create water spell about now.

RGM:
OK - let see if this works on the keeping an eye out:
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Dark Archive

Valen:
You can see him. He hasn't acted yet. He looks rather surprised, too.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11(Madeline)
Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23(Madeline)

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25(Smith)
Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12(Smith)

"Smith! Tear them DOWN!" Madeline calls, standing and pointing at the nearest tapestry. To which her manservant responds by leaping to his feet and reaching out to the nearest wall hanging,

Ref Save:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 (To vault chairs etc)

Str Check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 (To grab and yank)

CMD Check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 (To grab and yank)

Even as Madeline moves to the opposite side and tries/proceeds to do the same there.

Though, I am assuming this woulds be beyond her abilites for the first round.

Dark Archive

Madeline, vaulting chairs would be an Acrobatics roll. Also, please see the following:

"One hangs behind you, and two hang on each of the side walls. While the townsfolk cried fire and pointed to the tapestry, it is the oil lamps that have exploded, covering the walls adjacent to them in fire. So far, none of the tapestries are on fire."

Dark Archive

So far, initiative is:

Madeline, 23.
Smith, 12.
Valen, 7.

Your options are:

You can flee: A PC can simply flee the fire, moving through
crowded squares at half speed.

You can fight the fires: A PC can fight a fire in an adjacent square by beating the fire with a cloak or tapestry (such as the tapestries that hang on the walls of the room) by making a DC 12 combat maneuver check. Using magic to fight the fire grants a +4 bonus on this check. With a successful check, the fire in that square is extinguished, but the square can still catch on fire as normal in a later round.

You can try to direct the crowd: By making a DC 15 Diplomacy check (full-round action) or a DC 20 Intimidate check, a PC can direct the panicked crowd to the exit, allowing the villagers to move 6 squares per round toward the exit.

You can save one of the townsfolk: As long as she is an adjacent square, a PC can save a townsperson from a fire square by picking the victim up as a standard action. A single PC can only carry (or drag) one townsperson at a time, but once the PC does so, that townsperson automatically stabilizes and is not in danger of dying from the fire unless the PC carrying him falls unconscious or unless the townsperson
is dropped in or left in a burning square.

This room, especially around the rows of benches, is considered difficult terrain. You estimate that some 60 villagers are packed into the town hall.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"Bloody hell! Okay, everyone move toward the exits! Pick up the children and carry them! One at a time; the fires are still small, no need to panic, just move along the aisles and everyone will get out just fine!"


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

TheReplacementGM Indeed, I did note that it was the oil lamps that had combusted. Tearing the tapestries away from the fire seemed like a good idea. Missed that there was one behind the party though. *Bows*

Acrobatics Check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Smith (Unskilled. To move through the difficult terrain)

Fire Fight CMB:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 (Madeline)

Fire Fight CMB:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 (Smith)


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Based on those details, plus the fact that Vaghn seems to have the crowd in hand...

CMB: 1d20 ⇒ 16 for firefighting.

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 7 for crowd conditions.

Valen struggles in the crowded panic to make his way to the tapestries (maybe the one behind us?) and then tries put out one of the fires.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Although concerned about the welfare of the locals, Alexa is more concerned about what, or who, managed to do this with so many people watching.

I begin to use my Spirit Sense to see whether there is something out there responsible. I begin to scan around the fire. This should penetrate the thin wooden walls of the building and reach to 60'.

Detects undead; fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal creatures.

Alexa again begins to focus on the unnatural and begins to scan with here eyes that see what is not there.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 18

Creel looks about assessing the dangers. "Tharnik! Get Kendra out of here!"

[ooc] Ok from the description the ornate tapestries are more likely to burn than the walls so getting those down might save the building.

Creel moves to the nearest fire and beats it to death with an expensive wall hanging.

Acrobatics if needed. 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (13) - 4 = 9 hope it is not needed.
Fire fighting check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

[ooc]in case I go quiet for a day. Upgrading work comp. joy of joys. Creel will fight fires until it becomes clear the structure is a loss. He will then shift to Getting people out. In case you need his numbers. CMB+5. Acrobatics -4. Diplomacy +7.

Dark Archive

Round 1
Madeline, 23.

Madeline pushes through the crowd, moving slowly, but steadily, and reaches the tapestry on the wall closest to her. She deftly snaps the tapestry from the wall, rolling it up with a swift motion and turning to the fire on the left wall.

Creel, 18.

After yelling for Kendra and Tharnik to escape, Creel turns to the tapestry behind him, yanks it off the wall, and begins to put the fire out behind him.

Alexa, 14.

Alexa closes her eyes and starts to study the area, letting her senses extend out into the universe, pulling wisps of the unnatural from the normal.

You sense:
...the presence of something unnatural.

Smith, 12.

Following the directions of his mistress, Smith pushes through the crowd, pulling the second tapestry from the left wall. He rolls it up and readies it to fight the fire closest to him.

Madeline:
That's his full action. He's not actually "readying" an action. I'm just being descriptive.

Vaghn, 10.

Vaghn starts to direct people out. 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 of the 60 or so people evacuate the building.

GM (fire), 10.

Creel continues to beat on the fire next to him, and, with a sputter, it goes out. The fire next to Smith and Madeline both spread (1 square each). The fires on the left walls spread, each catching the adjacent tapestries on fire. (4 squares on the right wall are on fire).

Suddenly, two flaming skulls appear out of the flames. They start to fly toward the stage!

GM (people), 10. Panicked, the people begin to run from the hall. 1d6 ⇒ 6 people push their way outside.

Valen, 7

Valen:
You watch as the man with the long, dark, greasy hair escapes out of the front door. You notice that both Kendra and Tharnik are still in the building.

Valen tries to push through the crowd, but in its panic, he is swept backward and away from the stage. He continues to struggle, finally making it to the right wall.

Round 2....


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Round 2:

Madeline CMB:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Smith CMB:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Appraise Craft Alchemy:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 (Just an idea, but how would splashing acid onto the fire work? Part of me says 'Yes', since it's a liquid onto a flame. Another part of me says 'No', since acid is bad/harmful. Ideas? Thoughts?

Urgh! I would seem Smith has simply thrown his tapestry away. (-_-)

Dark Archive

Yeah, acid on the fire isn't a hot idea...


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
TheReplacementGM wrote:

The fires on the left walls spread, each catching the adjacent tapestries on fire. (4 squares on the right wall are on fire).

Suddenly, two flaming skulls appear out of the flames. They start to fly toward the stage!
Valen continues to struggle, finally making it to the right wall.

Just for clarification - I am at the right wall, but are the tapestries on this wall on fire?


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Hmmm, could have sworn I posted my Round 2 last night.

Round 2

Well, I sense non-natural presences, but they seem to have appeared.

Swift Action: Place Magic (+1 CL for 1 round)

I then draw my club and cast Shillelagh and move toward the heads with my glowing green club raised and ready to strike.

Shillelagh (lasts 3 minutes with the extra CL from Place Magic)


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Round 2. 18

"Look out councilers!"

Creel moves up the outside lane trying to reach the stage before the skulls. Not sure how to work this. Run action? Creel will do everything he can, apart from stepping on people, to get in front of those skulls. If he has time to take a swing at them he will. Attack, sword in both hands, axe is either by the door or dropped when he grabbed the wall hanging, Fighting Defensively, combat expertise 1d20 + 5 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 - 1 = 17. Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6. Ac 15 or 18/w cbt ex and def fight.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

"Goddess' scales!" Valen utters at the sight of the flaming skulls, but he tries to focuse on putting out the flames.

If there is still a tapestry he can use, Valen will attempt to snuff out flames on the right wall.
CMB: 1d20 ⇒ 11

If it looks like there's someone in danger by the flames, and I can't do anything for the fire, Valen will instead act to move them to safety.

Dark Archive

Alexa Grunwald wrote:

Hmmm, could have sworn I posted my Round 2 last night.

Round 2

Well, I sense non-natural presences, but they seem to have appeared.

Swift Action: Place Magic (+1 CL for 1 round)

I then draw my club and cast Shillelagh and move toward the heads with my glowing green club raised and ready to strike.

Shillelagh (lasts 3 minutes with the extra CL from Place Magic)

Alexa, you did. I was announcing it for everyone else.

Dark Archive

Valen Stellori wrote:
TheReplacementGM wrote:

The fires on the left walls spread, each catching the adjacent tapestries on fire. (4 squares on the right wall are on fire).

Suddenly, two flaming skulls appear out of the flames. They start to fly toward the stage!
Valen continues to struggle, finally making it to the right wall.
Just for clarification - I am at the right wall, but are the tapestries on this wall on fire?

Yeah, that was a typo on my part. Madeline and Smith pulled the tapestries on the left wall (closest to where they were sitting) down. Smith, however, wasn't able to fight his fire before it spread (he had to push through the crowd) just to reach the tapestry.

Dark Archive

ALL, I made a small typo about the fires (which Valen caught). So, see the update below. This includes the correction and assumes you'd logically act in accordance with this.

Round 2

At the end of round 1, the fire adjacent to Creel (the fire on the back wall) is out. The fire on the left wall has spread to an adjacent square (two squares on the left wall are on fire). The tapestries on the right wall were not removed and the fire spread there. Four squares on the right wall (total) are on fire.

On 23, Madeline, having put out the fire adjacent to her, moves to smith and extinguishes the adjacent square that the original fire spread into. There is still a single square burning on the left wall.

On 18, Creel shouts a warning to the councilors and charges down the outside lane, drawing his sword as he moves. When he reaches the first skull, he brings his sword in hard, with both hands, and shatters it. The first skull is down.

On 14, Alexa casts a spell, touching her club as she begins to move toward Creel and the second skull. She pushes against the crowd, but isn't quite able to close the gap.

Alexa:
1/2 movement due to the crowd. You'll get there next round.

On 12, Smith continues to swing the tapestry in his hands at the fire. try as he might, however, he cannot get the fire out. There is still a single square burning on the left wall.

On 10, Vaghn continues to usher people out. 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 more people leave.

On 10, the fire spreads and the skulls act. The fire on the left wall spreads. Now, Smith faces two squares (on the left wall). The fire on the right wall spreads, as well. Both of the tapestries are completely on fire and a total of six squares are engulfed in flames.

The second skull, enraged by the loss of its ally, charges Creel. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 (and deals 1 + 1d6 ⇒ 3 {from fire} points of damage).

On 9, 1d6 ⇒ 3 more townsfolk exit the building.

On 7, Valen, seeing Creel drop his tapestry and the right wall fully aflame, dashes up onto the stage and picks it up.

Valen:
You can't really reach anyone at the front of the room, and the fires on the right wall have engulfed the tapestries there. Next round, you can move to fight the fires on either the right wall (which are quickly raging out of control) or help Smith finish off the left wall (which he and Madeline are currently fighting). Your call.

A total of 21 out of 60 townsfolk have escaped...

Please post your round 3 actions...


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Round 3:

Madeline sighs in vexation as her Manservant proves rather inept at dealing with the fire and goes at the task still before her with a will,

Madeline CMB:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Smith, seeming ignorant of his Mistress' displeasure, continues to try and defeat the flames before him.

Smith CMB:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

So, working at putting out the fire they can immediately reach.

Dark Archive

Madeline:
Well, at least the fire on your side isn't really spreading....


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

:P

Hopefully Smith is doing some good on his end, also.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Round 3 AC 15 touch ac 10

Ahh! Pushed back by the flaming skull Creel spins betwen it and the wall as he brings his sword around in a textbook double-hand slice.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18. Damage 2-hands 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9.

So did the skull hit with a 5? or does it do damage on a miss?


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

"Pharasma, give me strength! Excuse me, Master Creel!"

Valen races back to the right wall with the dropped tapestry in hand - and frantically trying to contain the spreading flames on that wall.

CMB: 1d20 ⇒ 19 for firefighting

acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 9 in case needed to move around (but I hope not)


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Seeing that the fighting man has the fighting in hand, and his fellows are busily fighting the flames, Vaghn continues to direct the crowd out of danger.

Diplomacy1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Dark Archive

Creel wrote:

Round 3 AC 15 touch ac 10

Ahh! Pushed back by the flaming skull Creel spins betwen it and the wall as he brings his sword around in a textbook double-hand slice.
1d20+5. Damage 2-hands 1d8+4.

So did the skull hit with a 5? or does it do damage on a miss?

It missed. I always roll damage with attacks in case they do hit. I should have written, "if it hits, it does... dmg"

1,801 to 1,850 of 4,956 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.