Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


1,751 to 1,800 of 4,956 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Minor retcon - I thank the deputy for his comment about my owl, forgot to post that earlier.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
Tharnik of Clan Black Sun wrote:

After your group finishes speaking with Kendra, but shortly before walking off, Tharnik steps back out onto the porch. He watches the group for a bit before finally stepping out into the yard.

He looks directly at Creel. ** spoiler omitted **

Tharnik then crosses his arms and looks at the newcomers.

orcish:
"I have forgotten nothing. The dead rose in more places than here. Were it not for these allies I would not be here to hear your words."

to all: "Yes rest and then to to the council. The sheriff seems an ally but there has been some disturbing talk. Best to have things out in the open."

Dark Archive

Kendra smiles at Valen and replies, "Well met. I have several rooms upstairs. You may take Rendel's old room, last on the left. If you have objections, Alexa might share the space."


Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 DR 5/Silver AC: 16, Flat-footed 16, Touch 10; HP: 18/31; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +5

In Orcish:
"Understood. Still, staying close is good. Perhaps Kendra and I form a war party with you. Go to Harrowstone together. Safety in numbers."

After replying in Orcish to Creel, Tharnik looks at Valen and shrugs. He says," If my allies trust you, then you may look on my wounds."

He then turns to Alexa, "It seems as if your conclusion is the same as your ally. We'll seek this out at the apothecary in the morning."

If no one wants to take additional actions, we'll move on to the morning.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Sounds good. Onward to morning and new spells/abilities from level 2.

Dark Archive

Noted. I'll give everyone else 24 hours and then move forward.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Happy to move into a new day. (^_^)


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
TheReplacementGM wrote:
Kendra smiles at Valen and replies, "Well met. I have several rooms upstairs. You may take Rendel's old room, last on the left. If you have objections, Alexa might share the space."

As if being told he had won a grand prize, Valen seems to almost beam at the offer - his emerald eyes alight and stutters out, "Thank you, good Lady Kendra! I wasn't certain...and didn't want to speak out of turn...and," before pausing and heading to the house.

He adds once he's on the porch, at the comment of Alexa sharing the space: "Wha, no of course not...I would welcome the company. That is...if Madam Alexa doesn't mind the presence of my kind."

With this, he bows in courtesy to the petite Druid to acknowledge her decision.

Assuming the answer is in the positive, he will make his way inside and settle into the room. Alexa may notice that his clothes all bear the mud and grime of many days travel. So as not to disturb her sleep, he will make his way to living room or kitchen - clean his armor and read for his spells from the book of Pharasma.

Unless there are further interactions, will prep spells for the next day and be ready to go.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa is not much better. She has twigs in her hair and her face is covered with the dust of the road.

Alexa smiles at Valen:
Not sure what "kind" you might be, but as long as you are not a zombie and not likely kill me during the night, I do not believe it will be a problem. I have not slept in a proper house since I last visited my parents over a year ago. So, if is your cleanliness you are concerned about, I do not think that it will bother me.

When we get to the room, I look for a window to open and let Spark head out for some fresh air and food.

I will see you in a few minutes my friend. If you see anything during your hunt, let me know.

I then scratch his head and let him go.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen nods his thanks and makes his way to the room. While removing his gear, he watches her release Spark to the air.

"Hard to believe I hadn't noticed your companion before...it's a beautiful animal. I am so used to crows and ravens I forget that nature has more than one palette."

Pausing, he adds, "My earlier reference to 'my kind'...well": - he pulls back his hair to reveal longish, elfin ears - not quite sleek or shaped enough to mark him as true member of that race.

"My father was elven, my mother a Varisian. My old guardian referred to me as being of half-elven blood; and warned me that other people may believe I am...monstrous." The last word seems to stick in his mouth as an ill-taste.

"My experience hasn't changed that assesment until recently..."

Looking over her "wild" appearance for moment, "You seem different than other humans, I'll admit, but with all of you standing there earlier - all humans - I assumed that my status was to displace myself to other quarters."

A brief smile crosses his face,"So, thank you again for your courtesy to a stranger. I'll admit, it's been awhile since I slept in a proper house as well."

Dark Archive

And on to the next day...

Each of you wakes to the soft tolling of the town bell, ringing slowly and gently in the background. Each toll seems to call to you, and as your eyes flutter open, the smell of fresh coffee and freshly baked bread wafts through the house, further reinforcing your desire to wake fully.

As you make your way downstairs, each of you finds Kendra in the kitchen cooking over her strange, blue-flamed apparatus. When she notices you, she smiles and says, "Good morning. From the sounds of the bells, the town council is calling a meeting today. I can only suspect it's to address the recent issues - both the wolf attacks and the recent rising of the dead."

Kendra suddenly grows quiet. She turns away for a moment, brings a neckerchief to her eyes, and pats them gently. After taking a moment to compose herself, she turns again and continues.

"I suspect some of the town will blame my father. I hope you can, with your worldly experience, convince them, as you've convinced me, that whatever is doing this to our sleepy little town has ties to that horrid prison."

As she talks, Kendra sets several dishes out on the table, one filled with jam, butter, and another honey. She follows these with fresh coffee, creamer, and a small dish of sugar. Finely, she sets a hot plate stacked with fresh sweet breads and biscuits down in the center of the table.

A moment later, Tharnik walks in, grunts something akin to good morning, and pours himself a cup of coffee.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa awakes early and spends time praying to the powers of nature. She also talks quietly with Spark and scolds him for bring a partially eaten field mouse back with him from his night hunt.

As she smells the smell of cooking and coffee. she recalls that she is now back in civilization, at lease more like civilization than the woods she is used to. She quietly makes her way to the privy to attempt to clean up some and get the various parts of the forest which have made their way into her hair loose.

A few minutes later she walks downstairs smiling. Her hair is ascue, but mostly free of wildlife. At least most of the mud and dirt and blood from the prior day and her travels has now been removed from her face and hands.

Good morning Miss Kendra, that smells wonderful, I did not realize how hungry I was after last nights events. I don't think I ever even had the evening meal yesterday.

With that, Alexa sits down and carefully takes a few pieces of bread and jam and pours herself a cup of heavily creamed coffee. She also takes a biscuit which she breaks in half and hands half to Spark who greedily snaps it up spreading crumbs across the area.

As she then slowly eats while waiting for the others to arrive, she keeps an eye on Kendra and Tharnik watching for any signs that she is not properly following the local social custom.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Spells updated.

Valen rises to the smells; briefly thanks Pharasma for peaceful sleep; and places his only other clean shirt on. He then makes his way downstairs. He glances intently at the look of the old manor's interior - mostly curious - especially at what looks like a library. So many books...amazing!

Hearing her and still uncertain, he makes sure his hair covers his ears for now, before entering the kitchen. He suddenly realizes that, like a roof over his head, he hasn't eaten anything that isn't dried fruit or jerky in a long time - since he began this trip. With a ravaneous look he starts to reach for the fresh, delicious bread...but stops.

Where are your manners?, he thinks - reminded of the lessons taught by old Brother Huygen.

"I wanted to thank you, Miss Kendra. Pharasma bless your kindness. I'll be glad to attest to the threats I saw yesterday to the town council, if it will help you and your home."

"I don't want to trouble you now - more pressing mattters need attending with what's going on. When there's more time - well I would like to speak with you of the message I brought for you. By your leave now, I am famished and wouldn't mind something to eat."

Assuming it's alright, Valen proceeds to wolf down two sweet-breads and two cups of coffee before he slows his pace to finish with a biscuit. The look on the half-elf's face at the pleasure of breakfast is a contrast to the usual seriousness he has shown - almost comical.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

RETCON - while in the room with Valen.

Seeing Valen's concern and apprehension about his heritage, Alexa smiles.

While all do not follow the path of nature, elves are part of nature at heart. Your ancestry is something for you to hold with honor. You have the blood of man and the blood of the elves. From both of your parents you gained great abilities, this is not something to be ashamed of. As far as your "guardian" is concerned, I imagine that he was raised in a community with little connection to the outside world. Or, perhaps, he was hiding something or was simply ignorant of the good that most elves bring to this world. You are no more a monster than I am. If I wanted, I could easily have become a monster and chosen a path of murder and evil. I did not, and since you follow the path of Pharasma, I would have to guess that neither do you.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

At the waking of the bell:
Madeline rises and spends some more time fixing both her equipment damaged in the previous day's fight and that of Smith. Whose reappearance garners a fierce, but quiet, haranguing. After using the small ewer and wash basin for her morning ablutions, which she then supervises her Man servant in their use.

Then once they are both dressed, their hair/heads covered in their respective white and black silk 'kerchiefs, Madeline and Smith descend to the awaiting breakfast and those gathering. (Which I am quite happy to have Madeline appear late too)

(If Madeline hears Kendra repeat her words, or manages to catch her emotions)

Madeline does move over to Kendra and offer a supporting hand upon her friend's wrist, a small nod of her head and understanding smile, before straightening her back and resuming her seat -Held ready for her by her dutiful Manservant- which Madeline ignores and sails around the table to offer similar condolences/understanding to the gruff Half-Orc.

"Forgive me, friend Tharnik, for not saying something last night." She tilts her head, slight colour rising in her cheeks as she speaks softly.

"The...events...with Respin and the attacks." She coughs, her eyes closing then fluttering open as she glances away before again lifting her shoulders and resuming her awaiting seat.

She smiles in greeting to the two new faces at the table -Valen and Alexa- and though Valen's nature seems to garner no special attention the 'Pet' brought to breakfast does, however, receive a blinked at second look.

"Well...it seems things are definitely 'afoot'." She smiles, trying to add some humor to such possibly troubling events. "I apologize for not introducing myself more formally hen we met last evening." She offers a hand demurely to either within polite reach,

"I am Madeline Peshtussle, formerly of the distant province of Alkenstar, brought here by," And she glances at Kendra briefly, "Well...brought here by circumstances I am sure we all wish were of a far different circumstance..." And she sighs before going on.

"This.." And she indicates the gaunt, silent figure still standing behind her, "Is my manservant, Smith. Who managed to run off and miss the fighting, for which I have castigated him thoroughly." She primly, but with some force, snaps open a napkin to place upon her lap as she begins to help herself to the breakfast on offer.

"So? Other than to this local town meeting," And those gathered notice the slight, but brief, hiccup Madeline has as she pronounces the word. She possibly going to use a different term, "What other things are we to do? I must admit, events seem to be growing rather hectic..." She smiles formerly and politely at those gathered around, as she helps herself to more of the offering breakfast.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
Alexa Grunwald wrote:

RETCON - while in the room with Valen.

Retcon to retcon - promise I'll stop now. ;-)

"I appreciate your insight. Brother Huygen himself was a learned man - I think he meant it as a warning. It is by his fair care that I have come to devote myself to the Grey Lady. You have given me much to think on for my prayers."

And with that, he will excuse himself to go about the other things mentioned above. ;-)


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
Madeline Peshtussle wrote:
She smiles in greeting to the two new faces at the table -Valen and Alexa...etc.

Valen nods in greeting at the introduction, and his eyes seem to alight when she introduces herself and Smith.

At Smith's introduction, he does tilt his head at the man - pondering and staring briefly, and mumbles "Ah...I understand now..."

At the offer of her hand, he gently takes it and places it to his forehead in recognition before reseating himself.

Waiting for others to chime in, he adds: "There was talk of going to the Apothecary - to seek some materials to treat Master Tharnik's....affliction."

"That reminds me...lets take a look at dressing that wound, if you don't mind..." As he starts to look at, he asks of the group as a whole:

"People have mentioned Harrowstone prison, of which I have heard a little before I came here. Does it have something to do with the zombies or the Sheriff's strange outburst?"

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Don't want to divert conversation too much since I have read the posts, so I will assume that someone gives me the Cliff Notes version of what you have learned so far.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline freezes briefly as Valen takes her hand and sets it to his brow. Seeming even slightly hesitant as she limply takes it back after-wards.

As to the questions of Harrowstone and the other traumatic events Madeline wipes her hands clean of breakfast crumbs and absently dabs at the corners of her mouth.

"Well...that pile of rubble is where the late professor was lead to his untimely demise." She informs Valen and Alexa, though with a brief apologetic nod and glance to Kendra at again touching upon the painful subject.

"It would appear that those who committed such an act have stirred up more trouble, or perhaps even planned for these events to be unfolding around us." She adds.

"Though, as for the meeting these people at the town center...After that small committee before the grave? I am not sure I am in such a mood as to deal with such." And anger and colour this time rise in Madeline's cheeks.

"We should be done with that affair as soon as possible, the better to examine the ruins of Harrowstone. Perchance also to look around town for anything else that might have been left behind." She pauses,

"Also, there is that strange matter of the statue and its graffiti..." She ponders in thought, looking to Valen..."Youre name....how strange that it should also start with 'V'..." She rests a finger upon her cheek as in thought she ponders upon this weird coincidence.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Seeing the rather unnatural movements of Madeline's "Manservant" together with the undead and strange stories of the past few days events, Alexa quietly begins to concentrate and use her ability to detect things that are . . . unnatural. When her senses begin to go off like a siren that Smith is an outsider, she sits up with a start, but does not say anything immediately, instead, she reaches beneath the table and remembers that her trusty club is still in her room.

At then mention of graffiti, she looks at Madeline again, watching her for any sign that she know what Smith may be.

What graffiti? In blood? What statue? This is something that should be investigated. Are there any other strange events?

Looking more directly at Madeline with glances at Smith. Other than the living dead and wolves, have you encountered any creatures from worlds other than ours? I can sense such, and want to be prepared should I . . . detect any.

While I have read this thread, I do not recall exactly what has happened. If someone can give a short synopsis, that would be appreciated. I did start another Carrion Crown campaign which died out at abou this point and I do not want to make comments or statements about things that we do not yet know.

For instance, you investigated the cemetery, but did not kill anything there as I recall when you got the undead fighter's kit. You also visited the prison, but were chased off by a swarm as I recall. And there was a "V" painted in blood on the statue in the middle of town. Was there anything else major that I have missed?


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

No, you're pretty much up-to-date. :) Though I'm sure there's some things I've forgotten over the time. PbP's can be like that. (^_^)

Jogged from her revere by Alexa's question, Madeline blinks at the other woman.

"Well...does the possession of the Sheriff also count as 'Other worldly'...?" She asks, clearly puzzled though obviously trying her best to think of any such things as Alexa has mentioned.


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

Smith continues to stand silently behind his Mistress' chair, though his eyes and interest follow the conversation around the table.

My ideas for an image of 'Smith' => Link


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa nods, but continues to watch Smith out of the corner of her eye as she fills her plate with another helping of breakfast.

Looking back at Madeline, but with her gaze repeatedly wandering up the to strange Smith:
Possession is more arcane, although it is frequently done by those from planes other than ours. I was wondering whether you had met anyone, or anything not of this world. From the realms of the demons, or devils, or any of the other planes that are not Golarian.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline blinks, seeming both confused and nonplussed as to Alexa's new lines of questioning.

"Um...no...?"

About Madeline and Smith:
In regards to Madeline and 'Smith'. I am trying to put a 'spin' upon the 'Summoner and their Eidolon' trick. With Madeline not quite being right in the head about the whole 'Create an imaginary friend' thing. Madeline thinks Smith is just her amazing work at creating a clock-work automaton. The whole Eidolon thing hasn't quite caught up with her psych yet. (^_^)


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Well, I figured that it would be easier to get this sudden realization that Smith was not of this plane out of the way before I detect him searching for undead. Remember, I can detect undead, fey, outsiders, ethereal, astral, and incorporeal monsters, so when I start looking for undead, I would pick him up. Although this may lead to some interesting conversation over the next few posts. I am waiting for Creel and Vaughn at present.

Thinking of which, where is Vaughn? He has not posted in almost a week.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

"Apologies for any discomfort, Master Tharnik, but that should hopefully ease some of the irritation." Valen mumbles as he dresses the wound with some cloth, alcohol, and cotton.
Healing: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

He listens intently while he works, but raises his head at the mention of his name and a possible connection to a bloody 'V' on a statue. "Pharasma's touch...how could it be?," he mumbles and ponders it more.

Have my own thought on this from what I have read concerning this and Harrowstone, but I am waiting to see what people tell him or what DM determines I might know. So, ignorance for now.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Noticing a change in the tone of Alexa's stance in conversation with Madeline, he gains a worried look."Err....Miss Alexa, concerning our chat of the evening before, might I have a moment of your time..." A brief nod indicating moving outside the kitchen accompanies this statement.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Kind of waiting for Creel and Vaghn to insert here as well. But I am so butting in here I know. Hope that's OK.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa looks up at Valen, her mouth still full of a biscuit.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Despite his request being fairly curt, Alexa figures that he has something to tell her about. She grabs a piece of fruit and follows him into the other room while giving Smith another look up and down as she leaves the table.

Valen:

Once we are alone.
Whisper - Is there something strange about Madeline's friend, Smith? I sense that he is not of this world, but Madeline seems to think that he is just her manservant. It is very odd.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline watches Valen and Alexa toddle off together, raising an eyebrow to Kendra a slight upturned quirk on her mouth.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Alexa:

(Hopefully) Outside of earshot, Valen nods in agreement at her statement

"I have been gifted by Pharasma with the ability to "read" creatures. It is a gift I try to use with permission or in an emergency, but during the battle the yesterday, I used it unintentionally on Madeline."

"I had been meaning to ask her about Smith, but it looks like the question has already been answered. I don't know what exactly he is, but I can tell you she has the ability to summon him. And...I don't believe he is either a threat or evil, if it matters to what is going around here. I think...he's an ally or companion - in some way not much different than Spark is yours."

"I am not sure she is entirely comfortable with questions about him. It seems there was issues about this subject before we came here. What we see him as is not what she does....I think."

He shrugs as he finishes his rapid exposition.

"I beg your pardon for being presumptious; you may do as you wish.
I only wanted to avoid any trouble. We are strangers here, and I don't know these people well enough to know what they or Miss Kendra thinks of us."

He bows as if to ask her forgiveness.

And I hope that isn't too much "meta" knowledge for me to expound.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

No problem.

After the brief discussion, Alexa returns to the kitchen:

Madeline, I apologize if I offended asking you those questions earlier. As I mentioned, I have the ability to sense when a creature is not of this world. For instance as you saw last night, I can sense undead. I have also learned that I can detect creatures with a connection to the fey world and creatures not of this world - for instance demons and devils. Fortunately, I rarely have sensed such horrible creatures, although I have detected such on rare occasions, usually when a magician or business person is from Cheliax and has brought with him one of his infernal servants.

Alexa pauses for a moment.
When I saw your . . . manservant . . . this morning, my natural response was to use my abilities due to his rather unusual appearance when combined with the events of the last day. I did not expect to sense anything as I rarely do unless someone is not what they pretend to be, or someone is carrying a creature not of this world. Thus, you can imagine my surprise when I sensed that Smith has the aura of one from not from this world.

Alexa stops and thinks again before continuing: As I said, I do not mean to offend you, but if we are going to be working together to stop this infestation of undeath that appears to plague this poor town, I want to know who, or what, I am working with before we are facing zombies in a dark passage.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

When Valen and Alexa return, Madeline pulls back from where she has been whispering with the Lady Kendra, an obvious smile playing upon her lips. She listens to Alexa's words calmly, though an eyebrow does arch as the other woman speaks her mind.

"Well, forthright and to the point at least." She nods at Alexa's attitude. She glances to Kendra and with a nod and smile bids her good morning.

"I suppose we can cover your curiosity as we walk to this town meeting? Catch two bird with one stone, yes?" She offers.

Once she an Smith have finished donning their heavy coats, hats, belts and weapons Madeline is happy to walk along at whatever pave Valen, Alexa, Creel and Vaughn set on their way to this 'Meeting'.

The conversation:
Wrapping this up in a spoiler so as not to take up too much 'space' and time.

As I put in light, small text before. Madeline is not quite correct in what she perceives Smith to be, even though previous party memebers have also had this conversation.

So, previously posted back ground:

"My family hails from Ustalav...Until my Mother eloped with what these locals call a foreign stranger and much politics caused a severing of such bonds that are called 'kin'. It was far to the warmer South that they settled, my father being a drifter of sorts, even from his kin. His fascination with things -intricate, delicate things..." And she pats the sword at her hip, "Saw him studying the works of the far land called 'Alkenstar' and eventually my Mother too joined him with such fascination...and experimentation..."

"My parents knew the Professor far better than I -Sharing knowledge between them as they did -but it was to my rumbustious youth he and they allowed myself to learn the ways of the greater world." Now a darkness comes over Madeline's features, something of which a shadow appears upon those of Smith, "Sadly, there are some things every culture wishes to keep for themselves and does not believe in sharing. When my Father crossed some unknown line in his dealings with the good professor, it cost my parents very dearly, to which the Professor took me in and help both shelter me and move me away from the same fate..."

"It is in this time that the passing of the late professor has found me and brought me back here to part of my family's roots...to a land where such feelings as I am experiencing seem to find fertile soil..."

Am out of time atm, will try and find more about 'What Smith is' that's previously been posted etc.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Madeline:

I just figure that this is how Alexa would approach her. Low charisma, low int, high wisdom. She took the approach that she thought was best. No intention to hurt anyone, just confusion as to why Smith shows up on her senses as an outsider. Remember, Alexa is from a small village near here and has little arcane knowledge, or planer knowledge. She just knows that there is something unusual about Smith and wants to make sure that she understands what it is before they get into a situation where this knowledge may prove beneficial, or the lack thereof detrimental. I figure that is what a high Wisdom person would do. Try to work out the scenarios before hand.

Dark Archive

Waiting on Creel and Vaghn....


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Yup - kinda doing the same. Hope everything's OK. Otherwise, Valen's just following along on what's going with Madeline.

Alexa & Madeline:

Can't fault your line of thought at all, Alexa. I kind of figured that might be the case, which is one of the reasons Valen got so nervous. He's certainly seen that she very forthright. :-)


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Sent a PM to Creel, Vaughn is only in this campaign but has not posted under any alias since last Wed.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
TheReplacementGM wrote:


As you make your way downstairs, each of you finds Kendra in the kitchen cooking over her strange, blue-flamed apparatus. When she notices you, she smiles and says, "Good morning. From the sounds of the bells, the town council is calling a meeting today. I can only suspect it's to address the recent issues - both the wolf attacks and the recent rising of the dead."

Kendra suddenly grows quiet. She turns away for a moment, brings a neckerchief to her eyes, and pats them gently. After taking a moment to compose herself, she turns again and continues.

"I suspect some of the town will blame my father. I hope you can, with your worldly experience, convince them, as you've convinced me, that whatever is doing this to our sleepy little town has ties to that horrid prison."

As she talks, Kendra sets several dishes out on the table, one filled with jam, butter, and another honey. She follows these with fresh coffee, creamer, and a small dish of sugar. Finely, she sets a hot plate stacked with fresh sweet breads and biscuits down in the center of the table.

A moment later, Tharnik walks in, grunts something akin to good morning, and pours himself a cup of coffee.

"The Sheriff mentioned a man named "Gibbs" as a source of at least some of the bad feeling around your father. Do you know anything about him? Is there a history between the two?" Creel loads his plate not sparing the jam or the honey. It appears the Paladin has a sweet tooth.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Earlier...

Tharnik of Clan Black Sun wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

After replying in Orcish to Creel, Tharnik looks at Valen and shrugs. He says," If my allies trust you, then you may look on my wounds."

He then turns to Alexa, "It seems as if your conclusion is the same as your ally. We'll seek this out at the apothecary in the morning."

Creel replies in common. "Thank you my friend. Yes, it is good to stick together both at the meeting and at the herbalist."


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
Alexa Grunwald wrote:


Alexa stops and thinks again before continuing: As I said, I do not mean to offend you, but if we are going to be working together to stop this infestation of undeath that appears to plague this poor town, I want to know who, or what, I am working with before we are facing zombies in a dark passage.

"It is not my place to expose Madame Peshtussle's mysteries but I can assure you out friend Mr. Smith is not evil. He is also quite handy with his hammer though a poor conversationalist."

Alexa wrote:

While I have read this thread, I do not recall exactly what has happened. If someone can give a short synopsis, that would be appreciated. I did start another Carrion Crown campaign which died out at abou this point and I do not want to make comments or statements about things that we do not yet know.

For instance, you investigated the cemetery, but did not kill anything there as I recall when you got the undead fighter's kit. You also visited the prison, but were chased off by a swarm as I recall. And there was a "V" painted in blood on the statue in the middle of town. Was there anything else major that I have missed?

We were also attacked by Stirges and wolves at Kendra's. Creel and an absent player also saw a figure vanish from in front of the house during the attack. We did recover the kit from the crypt. Now we just need someone with a bow to make use of the arrows. We have also yet to unlock the book with the eye emblem we found in the professors trunk. Another absent player tried but blew their disable roll. I am considering simply breaking the thing but Rendal thought it unwise. Are either of you skilled at disable? Oh and we need somone to track loot like the undead kit. Any takers?


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

WB, Creel. :-)

I'll track the loot, if no one else wants to. Character's not really proficient at disable, sorry. If an Arcane Knowledge check will help - that's more Valen's thing.

As for the undead kit, does anyone have a list right now, or should I scan the thread? In either case, I'll look at it and enter my comments/questions on the OOC thread about the items. Sound alright?

One last question - did Vaghn or anyone else mention who the residents of Harrowstone were? I think I saw it in the thread, but don't want to jump to in-character conclusions.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Just remembered. There was a strange interlude at the inn where a cellist pretty much brought the house to tears. Also there is a stolen book at the general store....Something about violence at the inn bue i will need to reread the thread to refresh my memory. Need to scan the thread for the kit I'm afraid.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Can't say I am the most reliable, but I can track things if necessary, just let me know what we have to start and I will go from there.

EDIT - Oops, that post took over an hour to finish. Valen you are welcome to do it. I am hoping to start my own campaign in a few weeks, so I would prefer not to have anything else to forget about.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

OK - let me do some digging later on and I will review the list.

Dark Archive

First, Happy 4th of July! Second, do we want to wait on Vaghn or move on?


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

My vote is to move forward. If he returns in the next few days, he can catch up. We can say that he just spent too much time reading and over slept. Of course this leaves us a little (lot) weak in the skill monkey slot.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

We can manage. Onward!

Dark Archive

Good to go....

Kendra turns to Creel and says, "Ah. Gibbs. That ol' bastard has been stirring trouble in this town for years. I don't know what happened between my father and he, but things have only gotten worse since he started investigating Harrowstone. It's as if Gibbs were directly acting against him...." Kendra's voice trails off, obviously lost in thought for a moment.

Then, she continues, "If you're going to meet the apothecary today, you may want to look for her at the town hall. I suspect everyone is going to be there."


Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 DR 5/Silver AC: 16, Flat-footed 16, Touch 10; HP: 18/31; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +5

Tharnik speaks up, "So, are we agreed then? On to this town meeting to address recent events? And with full disclosure? Or should be leave my condition for later, work on actively curing me first?"


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Pray excuse my tardiness everyone. Life continues to be quite hectic, but I most certainly am still up and kicking!

On another note, ooh, I have so many suspicions about what is going on but Vaghn's low wisdom prevents him from reaching some of the same conclusions. Can't wait to see if I am correct or not! :P

Vaghn stumbles into the kitchen, bleary-eyed. It is obvious to all that he was awake quite late, either reading or unable to sleep due to the events of the day. He fixes himself up a cup of tea, his gaze sharpening markedly once he has had a few sips.

"It may be for the best that we do not mention your condition, Herr Tharnik. There is nothing their knowledge of it can help, I think, and much harm possible. Other than that, I suggest we do our best to rally the townsfolk to our side. Father Grimburrow should prove an ally, and perhaps the sheriff; they have seen first-hand some of what we are fighting against. And Kendra, do not worry; I'll be damned if I allow some yokel to besmirch the name of your father." He nods to Valen, a grim look upon his face. "I am glad to have a cleric of the Pale Lady with us. From what I have seen I doubt our problems are caused by an entity not of this world, but rather by one beyond it, one who refuses your Lady's call, perhaps conjured into this world by the Way. Be prepared, for I fear we have not fought the dead for the last time in this venture."


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Vaghn - use bold to signify speech. It makes reading posts much easier. You can also use ooc (as I am now) and italics to emphasize things as necessary.

Alexa nods at Vaghn's comments: That sounds reasonable. I was run out of a town much like this one when people discovered that I could sense and see undead. Tharnik, having the curse of the werewolf on yourself will stir up even more ancient prejudices. If you believe that you have this under control, then there is no reason to cause more angst with the townsfolk. Eventually we may want to inform the good father if he is able to help with a cure, but until then, we move on.

Alexa grabs one last biscuit and smears jelly on it before taking a bite, and then speaking with her mouth half full of food.

Well then, shall we head to the town square, sounds like there may be some interesting events today of which we should take note.

Dark Archive

The town hall, across the river and a fifteen minute walk into town, is astir with people when you finally stroll up. Here and there, farmers, farm hands, shop keepers, and concerned mothers - holding their young children close to their bosoms - watch each of you with a mix of apprehension and fear.

You hear them, a wash of hushed tones and sharp whispers, as you get closer. Finally, as you are about to cross the threshold and enter into the town hall formal, a complete silence enfolds them.

And then, they part.

None say a word, but their eyes ...... all of them are on you.

You take in the crowd and notice, almost after the fact, that they are universally dressed in dark blues, somber grays, and faded blacks. Here and there, you'll catch a snippet of color - faded yellows and green.

The few children not held tightly by their parents follow your ascent up the stairs, some skipping in close to you, only to hop away, just out of reach, when you turn your gaze toward them.

And then, out of nowhere, the council manifests atop the steps. All older and, presumably wiser, than the rest of the town, they smile and greet your group. A single, older man steps forward. He's taller than the rest, easily in his early 50s, with a head of soft, white hair pulled to the side. He leans on an ornate staff. He's clean shaven and wears what you only presume is a symbol of his office.

"Welcome, guests of Lady Kendra Lorrimor. I am Councilman Vashian Hearthmount. Would you please come in?"

And with that, he ushers all of you in. The townfolk silently file in behind you, filling in the rows of benches behind you. A chorus of "shssss...." and "..but moms..." fills the room before the rest of the council, another man and two women - all dressed identical to Hearthmount - finally sit down at a large table.

Then, from nowhere, Hearthmount brings a gavel down with a loud crack. All of the murmurs stop abruptly.

He stands and says, "As each of you know, our small, peaceful town has recently come under assault from forces unknown to us. Some of you have suggested, in your own way, that this assault is directly tied to our new guests. Others, like Kendra, Sheriff Benjan Caeller, and Father Grimburrow, say otherwise. So, we've called the town together so that each of you can question our new guests, each in your own way. But first..."

He motions to your group.

"....why don't we hear what these individuals have to say for themselves. This is no trial and they are not, regardless of our little town's history, our prisoners..."


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I look to the others and then shrug my shoulders and stand:

I have only been here less than a day. My name is Alexa Grunwald and I am from Scheidweiler, a village much like this a few days walk south and east of here. When I arrived last night, I found a town beset with attacks from zombies. I do not know from whence these monstrosities arose, but let it be known the source is not from the Lorrimor household. In fact, I had only met the professor but briefly several years ago and he helped to guide me on the path of the druids, caring for the plants and animals of this land, and fighting that which is unnatural, such as these zombies.

As I say this last part, I reach up and scratch under Spark's white chin as he raises his head and stretches his broad wings.

I cannot speak for my new companions, but until I discover what has caused these horrible monsters to rise from the dead, I will remain here using all those powers granted my by nature to protect this good town and the good people within it.

All that I can ask of you, is to allow us to investigate the source of this evil and to tell one of us, or the good father, Sheriff Caeller, or Miss Kendra, should you see anything unusual.

1,751 to 1,800 of 4,956 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.