Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


1,701 to 1,750 of 4,956 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

"Hopefully, my extra club can help with that," Valen adds to Alexa's comment - holding up his old morningstar. After the grim tone of his previous talk, there's a little bravado in his nervous voice.

Dark Archive

Vaghn:
You swing again, your shovel sweeping past the monstrosity's head without connecting. The undead thing, for its part, returns the effort. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 if it hits).

The Graveyard Gang:
You move hastily, stopping every few feet to try and pinpoint the exact position of the evil with your heightened, supernatural senses. It's your natural senses, however, that ultimately pay your tribute as you round a corner and see Vaghn, shovel in hand, swinging wildly at another zombie. Behind him, a few feet away, two other humans battle with a second zombie. The whole group is only 25 feet from you.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Init? If so: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Well, looks like more dead walking. Lets make them dead falling.

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

I charge the Zombie fighting Vaghn.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Apparently I am slow, inaccurate and even if I do hit, incapable of doing any damage to the zombie's tough hide.

Dark Archive

Since we're all together....So far, initiative is: Vaghn 12, Alexa 9, Valen 6, zombie 1

Alexa doesn't wait for the group to act and charges forward, striking the zombie square between the shoulders with her wooden club. She gets its attention, but fails to damage it, bruising its already dead flesh. It grunts in response, but doesn't strike out at her.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

I will also attack Vaghn's zombie, unless he goes down due another's action before mine. I'll move onto the second zombie in that case.

Nervous and antsy, Valen charges in next to Alexa to strike the undead in front of Vaghn.

Morningstar: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

...or maybe not.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline comes to a halt as she sees yet more undead, no seeming in the center of town, and her shoulders sag slightly.

Summon Monster: Call forth Eagle


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Init 1d20 ⇒ 16

"Help Vaghn. I'll take the other!

"For Hugo!"

Charge attack on the non-vaghn zombie. Hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Please add 2 if charge path is clear and 2 if I can get flank with one of the two humans. I believe the RNG in mocking me. In the unlikely event that hits. Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14. Ah, minumum to hit maximum damage, it is mocking me. AC 15 or 13 if I got the charge.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I would say that we fight like the three stooges, but there are five of us, and I think the stooges would be more effective.

Someone remind me to buy a scimitar before we fight any more zombies.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

If there's a zombie horde for us to battle out there, I'd better pack a lunch...this could take awhile. :-)

Dark Archive

So far, initiative is: Creel 16, Madeline 13, Vaghn 12, Alexa 9, Valen 6, zombie 1.

Creel, still pale from the recent battle, pulls his weapon and charges the zombie attacking Sheriff Benjamin and his deputy. Madeline, for her part, manages to step out of the way, another spell on her lips, just in time.

The sheriff looks up and smiles thankfully at Creel as he buries the blade of his sword deep into the zombie's neck, all but severing its head! It drops to the earth with a satisfying "Thump"

Valen steps into combat, trying to aid Alexa, but misses with his morningstar.

At the end of the surprise round, another large, black eagles circles overhead, crying out to Madeline.

The surprise round is over. Creel's action.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Well at least I provided a flank. Only one left, right?

Creel moves to engage the final zombie.
Halberd attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 please add 2 if I can get flank. Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

I, for one, hope Creel's valiant and masterful effort renders Madeline's Eagle superfluous! (^_^)

Other wise it's Eagle 1 to attack!


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"Glad to see you! Watch out, these things always overswing to the left..."

Attack! 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Third round of Naturalist. Everyone gets +1 to hit, AC, and ST vs. zombies.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Lol, Vaghn, I just realized that you are a professor of the ethereal. I can see the ethereal.

If it is still alive.

Lets get this last one down and then see whether there are any more threatening this poor town.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 --> extra +1 from Bard Song
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Despite her apparent overconfidence, Alexa fails to pay attention to her feet as she again swings at the zombie and accidentally slips on a stone causing her swing to completely miss.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Eagle Attack:

Eagle1: Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 18

Eagle1: Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 20

Eagle1: Att(Beak):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 15

Eagle1: Dam(Talon):1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Eagle1: Dam(Talon):1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Eagle1: Dam(Beak):1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

+2 from flanking, +1 from Bard


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

OK - two options.
Option 1 - if this thing is still alive after the beating from Creel and Madeline's eagles.

Valen reaches in past the zombie's flailing to try and put an end to the creature. Disgust at the foul thing is visible on his face.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 = 14
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Option 2 - if there are no zombies remaining.

Catching his breath from the run and exertions, Valen looks down at the animated corpse to make sure it doesn't move again before scanning the surrounding area. He turns to Vaghn and says evenly:"You must be Mr. Vaghn that the others spoke of. Are you hurt, sir?"

Vaghn:

A lean, half-elven man in a simple chain shirt and workman's clothes and boots looks straight at you. A symbol of Pharasma hangs from his gear.

Dark Archive

Your group, alongside Madeline's summoned eagle, finish off the two zombies harassing Vaghn, the sheriff, and his deputy. You scan the area, looking for additional trouble, but fail to see any. After a time, the sheriff catches his breath and says, "Well, I reckon that's what you was speaking about Mr. Vaghn. Seems the dead do walk. At least you can kill em again."

Then, as if on cue, the sheriff stiffens, his eyes go black, and he smiles. His voice shifts, taking on a deep, gravel-like tone as he says, "But I will have her no matter. The b+#+@ will be mine and none of you will stop me."

Then, the sheriff collapses. When he awakes, he seems normal, if a bit confused.

His deputy, on the other hand, is as white as a ghost.

Everyone gets 135 xp each


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Creel helps the sheriff to his feet, inhailing (detect evil)deply as he does so. Just being sure whatever it is is gone.

"Well, that was interesting. Tell me what just happened to you sheriff."


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I assume that we are using the standard level/exp progression. By my calculations I am at 2070, should I level up now or wait? Obviously I don't get any new powers until I rest.

When the sheriff begins acting strange, I activate my Spirit Sense to detect Undead/Ethereal/Fey/Incorporeal/etc. creatures. Do I sense anything immaterial haunting or possessing the sheriff.

It looked like he was possessed, very strange. But with all these undead walking and the closeness to the Gallowspire, nothing surprises me around here.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen stands shocked intitally, mumbling "Lady of Graves..."

Uttering her name seems to reassure him as he stares intently, trying to puzzle what just happened.

Knowledge(Local):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Knowledge (Religion):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

RGM:

One of my domain abilities is Lore Keeper : You can touch a creature to learn about its abilities and weaknesses. With a successful touch attack, you gain information as if you made the appropriate Knowledge skill check with a result equal to 15 + your cleric level + your Wisdom modifier.

Out of curiosity, if Valen touchs a character or NPC outside of combat, would it reveal to him some details about the person? For example, when he greeted Madeline or helped get Creel up, he made contact with them. This is for RP stuff and information gathering - don't want to use it inappropriately and don't know what might be revealed before I talk. If you see it as purely combat mechanic, I understand.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline just stars in shock at the effect that over comes the Sheriff...

Dark Archive

Creel and Alexa:
Both of you reach out with your senses, trying to determine if unseen forces still linger ...and come up empty handed. You feel that something was here, only moments before - something very evil and definitely ethereal - but now it has departed. It has the same scent as the graveyard.

Valen:
I'm perfectly okay with you using LoreKeeper in that fashion. Additionally, your Knowledge (religion) roll easily determines that the sheriff was momentarily possessed. You're unsure as to what the entity was, however.

The sheriff looks directly at Creel and says, "Interesting? More like scary as hell. I can't say much. I noticed something - all black, like a shadow - came right into me here." The sheriff points to the center of his chest. "And I felt cold wash over me. Now I'm fine."

The sheriff looks at his deputy, ashen white, and continues, "Get the boys together. I suspect we have a bit that needs clean'n up. Also, let the priest know."

Finally, the sheriff turns to your group and says, "Ya'll keep changing faces and I'm not sure who is who at this point. I understand the late professor had friends... but I'm starting to think he might a' had too many. Ya'll should probably go to Kendra. We'll clean up this mess." Then, the sheriff starts to walk off.

He only gets a few feet away before he turns and says, "Oh, and thanks"


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

The Sheriff's words for a moment have Madeline both colouring in preparations to vent her apoplexy at the insensitive man. Then, as the realization of the losses and trial they've all been through catch up with her, she sighs -her frame sagging. She turns to her friends and new acquaintances.

"Aye, the Sheriff is right. Let us retire to the house and...and...pick up with what we know and such..."


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

A little confused by the sheriff's commentary about the professor, Valen merely nods his head in acknowledgement to the man before turning to follow the others. He stows his morningstar and shield as they walk back to the Lorrimor residence.

As they walk back, Valen turns to exchange introducions with some of the others.

"Master Creel, Professor Vaghn isn't it? It is strange to meet under such...odd circumstances. My name is Valen Stellori, formerly of Crowbridge. Hugo Van Der Maarl is...was my friend."

He pauses, then addresses everyone in a clear, somber tone.

"Since he was in your company, if there's anything I can do assist you in his stead, please let me know."

He pauses again, clearly puzzling through some things.

"The sheriff said Kendra...isn't that the professor's daughter? Hugo spoke of needing to talk with her once he was back home...did he ever get that chance?"

A sudden flash of thought crosses his face - making his eyes seem to flare with light. His voice comes across more timid now:

"Once we reach the lady's house perhaps I should excuse myself and see to Hugo's arrangements...speak with Grimburrow, isn't that his name? I am not all that sure what Pharasma ask I do in meeting other priests. Forgive me...all of this rather new to me - wasn't sure what to expect."

The last part comes with a shrug as he quiets down; nervously grasping the holy spiral of Pharasma in his hand.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline smiles wanly at Valen.

Nothing in this town has been anything like any of us have expected."


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Once the zombies fall, you see the young lady once again concentrate.

She then stops: I do not sense any more undead. But something unnatural and incorporeal seemed to take control of the good sheriff.

She then turns to the others: I am Alexa. I grew up a few days walk from here. Do any of you know who the woman is of whom the possessed sheriff spoke?

Turning then to Valen:
I too just arrived, actually, I think I arrived at the same time as Hugo, may Pharasma take his soul. I have not yet met the professor's daughter Kendra.

Finally turning to the sheriff. My club and my powers are at your service as long as this land is overrun with undead. However, if you might have a scimitar in your armory, I would like to borrow it as the good knights sword seemed far more effective against those zombies than did my simple club.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"Thank you all for the timely aid. I fear I am ill-equipped to battling the dead. Perhaps I should remedy that."

Vaghn pales at the mention of Hugo's fate. "The poor man. May the Lady give him rest."

Turning to Alexa and Valen, "Well met. I am Vaghn, or Professor Der Grafft if you feel the need for formality. I imagine Father Grimburrow will see to the arrangements and we may attend him later. At the moment, if there are no objections, I believe we should follow the sheriff's suggestion and go check in on Kendra. This way please."

Vaghn begins briskly walking to the Lorrimor Estate, obviously distracted and not bothering to look to see if anyone follows.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Well met Vaghn. I do not know how well equipped I am to fight undead, but I have the unusual ability to sense the undead and incorporeal as well many other creatures not of this world. So, as long as I am concentrating, we should have fair warning of any more undead surprises. I am sure there will be some that I may miss, but most I should be able to see.

I look forward to meeting Kendra. I only knew her father briefly, but he provided me with invaluable advise at a time when I was lost and directionless.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline smiles as she reminisces during the group's walk back to the house about such 'Good times' had in the Professor's company.

Though Madeline is also quiet -the trials, horrors and losses of the day weighing heavily upon her.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen follows along, nodding at Vaghn's suggestion.

At mention of both Hugo and Father Grimburrow by Vaghn, he nods in acknowledgement at the information and mutters, "Ah, thank you."

At Alexa's question of whom the possessed sheriff was speaking of, he only gives a shrug and turn of the head - as if saying I don't know.

Otherwise, he looks around at the places around - seemingly try to take it all in as they walk towards the Lorrimor Residence.

It's like the country hick as come to town on some level.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
TheReplacementGM wrote:


The sheriff looks directly at Creel and says, "Interesting? More like scary as hell. I can't say much. I noticed something - all black, like a shadow - came right into me here." The sheriff points to the center of his chest. "And I felt cold wash over me. Now I'm fine."

The sheriff looks at his deputy, ashen white, and continues, "Get the boys together. I suspect we have a bit that needs clean'n up. Also, let the priest know."

Finally, the sheriff turns to your group and says, "Ya'll keep changing faces and I'm not sure who is who at this point. I understand the late professor had friends... but I'm starting to think he might a' had too many. Ya'll should probably go to Kendra. We'll clean up this mess." Then, the sheriff starts to walk off.

He only gets a few feet away before he turns and says, "Oh, and thanks"

"Yes..Your voice was borrowed by something to issue a threat against a woman it chose not to name, pity. Can you think of a woman other than Madam Lorrimer who has been targeted by strange events recently?

In any event it is gone now and it left no trace that Iomedae can uncover. So be confident that you are untouched by this.
.
We will return to the Lorrimer estate. We have already alerted Father Grimburrow. It was on his advice that Mr. deGraf sought you out."

At his thanks: Creel smiles around his healing bruises "You are very welcome. We are strangers here and there have been a few too many faces and some clumsy words, but we have the interests of Ravengro at heart. Things like this must not be allowed. If there is anything that we can do you have but to ask. I know I speak for those of us here that our lives and our blades are at your service.

Worth a diplomacy check to raise is attitude? Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22.

Dark Archive

In town...

The sheriff seems genuinely impressed with Creel's words, his shoulders relaxing slightly as he uncrosses his arms and slowly smiles. "Well, ever since we've put ol' man Lorrimor in the ground things have been a little weird... and to be honest, they've gotten stranger since ya'll arrived. That said, ya'll have clearly stood your ground against the walking dead and my boys and I will do right by you in turn."

Then, he nods at one of his deputies and says, "See to it the lady and the professor each get a blade. I don't have anything more fancy than a short sword, but they're yours."

The deputy jogs off and returns with two worn scabbards. The swords inside are of common make, but clean and sharp. They'll definitely do the trick.

After he hands you the blades, the deputy says, "Name is Leromar. I work over at the farm just north of the Lorrimor Estate. If ya'll need anything, let me know. We might not be smart, fancy folk, but we all mean well." He smiles at Alexa and says, as she begins to walk off, "Pretty owl you got there ma'm."

The sheriff then walks off, heading to Jominda’s Apothecary.

At the Lorrimor Estate..

You're only a few feet onto the Lorrimor Estate when Kendra comes jogging out into the front yard, a wand in her hand. She's flush, but appears otherwise unharmed. When you get close enough to raise an eyebrow, she reads your concern and offers an immediate explanation.

"Oh, my, it was absolutely terrible. I don't know who is responsible for this foul necromancy... but the bodies..." She then points back to the porch and sighs. "They were beating on the door. I grabbed my wand and untied Tharnik. I had to. He seemed normal enough and he came upstairs, sword in hand, he helped defend the place. Thank Pharasma he was here and was able to control whatever that beast is that got hold of him."

When you glance to the porch, you see Tharnik step into the doorway, his frame forming an strange, hulking shadow between the night's air and the light filtering out from the living room. He nods and steps back inside.

"I think he's going to seek out the apothecary himself. The moon is still out, but it's wanning now and I don't believe it affects him the same as it did when it was full. But whatever the true nature of his affliction is, I cannot say. I just know he's uncertain as to what to do. You really must help him."

Kendra then looks at Valen and Alexa and raises an eyebrow. "I don't know you two."

She looks at Creel and Madeline.

"What happened to Rendel? It seems you grow fewer and fewer by the day...."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline squares her shoulders,

"Things do seem to be shifting for the worse." Madeline agrees, "As for Master Rendel....he..." She looks about for a moment, lost for words.

"Events have over-taken him, I'm afraid..." She sighs, her shoulders slumping.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa pauses waiting for Madeline to finish, when she does not, Alexa steps forward:

I am sorry to meet you under such circumstances. I am Alexa, Alexa Grunwalt. I met your father briefly several years ago and his wisdom was invaluable. I received a letter from you which informed me of his tragic passing. Sadly, I was in the woods and the messenger was unable to deliver your letter in time. I rushed here once I received notice of his funeral, but was only able to arrive this evening, when these zombies decided to . . . rise.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

To the Sheriff:

Sheriff wrote:
"Well, ever since we've put ol' man Lorrimor in the ground things have been a little weird."[/b]

"Things were weird long before the ol'man died. The professor kicked over the hornets nest and got stung for his trouble but we both know it's better to clear a nest than let it be. Just makes a harder job for someone else."

At the Lorimmer estate.

"Damn. the mood folks are in now He'll scare them into a mob if he starts talking about full moons and lycanthropy. We need to head him off."

Creel looks concrened for a moment.

"Rendal received word from his family while we were at the temple. He sends his apologies but he had to depart at speed."

"Valen, Alexa. Madame Lorrimor. They are allies. We will have time for full introductions once we gather our straying sheep.

"Chin up everyone. This night is not over yet."

Creel moves back onto the road heading to the town center and the apothecary.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa simply shrugs and as she turns to follow Creel: We will return shortly Madam Lorimmer. Then we can do proper introductions.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen stares quizically and shocked at the sudden introduction to Kendra, a low muttering of "Pharasma aid us... as she describes the scene at the house and sees the hulking Tharnik in the doorway.

When there is a pause in the conversation and the flurry of activity, Valen bows his head to the woman. "Apologies, Miss Lorrimor...it seems we have business elsewhere. I have come to your door on behalf of Hugo Van Der Maarl, Pharasma guide his soul. I can clarify the missive at a later time."

Valen bows again, clearly looks skittish at having to say more, and prepares to turn and follow the others. However, he stops - seeing Tharnik's presence, and then adds with greater resolve: "If it will help, Pharasma has blessed me with certain talents that may better determine what the condition is and how we can aid him. It will require a brief examination of him, and then we can be better prepared to ask the apothecary for whatever may be needed to treat him."

He pauses to see whether Kendra and/or Tharnik respond, or if anyone else wants to add further commentary.

Hoping the Lore Keeper talent will help us better treat Tharnik's condition is my thinking. Or maybe a Knowledge or Healing check will be helpful.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Oops, thought Tharnik had already left. I need to learn to read.

Please replace this.
"Damn. the mood folks are in now He'll scare them into a mob if he starts talking about full moons and lycanthropy. We need to head him off."

With this.

"Understood friend. Let's get you to that apothecary. I doubt they are asleep will all going on. Madam Lorrimor, perhaps you would like to come with us? It might be safer."


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Cast Guidance:
Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16

Cast Guidance:
Heal: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16

Do I know anything about Lycanthropy? How to cure it? Ways to stop it?

Based on those rolls, probably not.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

On the way to the apothecary or if they remain at the estate:

Madeline:

Valen leans closer, with his head slightly bowed, "Pardon, Lady, but you seemed greatly fatigued...is there anything I can do to assist you?


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
Alexa Grunwald wrote:
Do I know anything about Lycanthropy? How to cure it? Ways to stop it?

Yep - something I was going to do as well. Lore Keeper check, plus :

Healing Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

At the sight of Kendra safe and sound, Vaghn visibly sags in relief. "Kendra! Thank the gods you are safe!" He makes as if to hug her, catches himself, and blushes as he turns the movement into an awkward bow. "Herr Tharnik, thank you again for your help in assisting my dear friend."

Forget if I made my Knowledge check at level one or two, and don't have the time to go back and search for it right now. If it was one I believe I can try again, so I will use Lorekeeper to get an automatic 20.

Knowledge (whichever): 20 +8 (+10 if arcana) = 28 (or 30) Do I gain any new insights into how to cure Lesser Lycanthropy?

If the above check was successful:
"I have been mulling it over all day, and I seem to recall having read something more about the affliction that is upon you. It is not my area of specialty, but here is what I know." Vaghn proceeds to convey to the party what knowledge he has of lesser lycanthropy.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline offers Valen a smile in response to his question.

"Well...it has been a taxing day. Friends departing, people being possessed...Other 'people' becoming restless and aggressive." Her use and choice of words shows she is trying to lighten the mood -Both her own and in general.

"Indeed, I think after a good night's rest we shall be in a position to again approach the Harrow stone ruins and make better investigation of what remains there." She politely nods to Kendra, then excuses herself as she walks upstairs to the room she's been provided and does retire for the night.

After spending time mending her combat disheveled gear and clothing.

Dark Archive

So, besides Madeline, the rest of the group is trudging off to the apothecary then?


Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 DR 5/Silver AC: 16, Flat-footed 16, Touch 10; HP: 18/31; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +5

After your group finishes speaking with Kendra, but shortly before walking off, Tharnik steps back out onto the porch. He watches the group for a bit before finally stepping out into the yard.

He looks directly at Creel.

In Orcish:
"You weren't here to defend Kendra. You need to remember our blood-oath. Thank the spirits she released me and I was... of strong heart. I will accompany her now. She is not safe by herself."

Tharnik then crosses his arms and looks at the newcomers.

He then says, "I don't know any of you. The others that came before, some of them were thieves and others had no honor. I would have killed the one known as Giles. Still will if I catch the drunk. Act honorably and we will have no issue."

He then watches Madeline enter the house. Once in, he looks at Kendra and says, "The moon is wanning. If I am carrying the spirit of the wolf, I have a month before it tries to ride me again. We had best make good use of our time then. I will follow your lead."

Dark Archive

Kendra looks at Tharnik and smiles.

"I am afraid our friend speaks true. Let us not worry about the apothecary then. In fact, perhaps it would be better if we all work in concert, traveling in the morning to address the council and, with their blessing, to Harrowstone itself. All of you look as if you could use a good night's sleep anyway."

If you still want to go to the apothecary, let me know.

Valen:
Tharnik looks healthy enough, but he shows clear signs of fatigue and dehydration. He may be malnourished, as well. He's moving slower than you'd expect from a man his size. The wound you notice on his side, a bite by your estimation, is swollen and red. If this is lesser lycanthropy, you should be able to ward if off when the moon is full by blessing Tharnik with magic that strengthens his resolve. Potions and salves containing wolfsbane might help, as well.

Vaghn:
Lesser lycanthropy is normally transmitted directly through bodily fluids, specifically the blood and saliva. It is a magical disease that, once it enters the bloodstream, manifests almost immediately, but may lay dormant until the next full moon. Depending on the level of exposure, the victim may possess the resolve to restrict the change, but this is rare. Most patients are treated with salves containing wolfsbane and, if unable to contain themselves, caged in basements so they harm neither themselves or others. On the loose, they are generally hunted down and killed. Only the strongest magics, specifically those that cure magical diseases, alongside magics that remove curses, will cure the victim of this affliction.

Alexa:
You have heard of cases where men, after being bitten by wolves, have gained the ability to change shapes and ride the wolf spirit. Although most of these men turn to evil, reveling in their new found powers, others are able to walk with nature - killing only in need or in self defense. You do not know of any cure, although some older druids use wolfsbane to ward off those afflicted.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa looks at Tharnik and then at Kendra and the others.

If you are able to resist the power of the wolf that flows in your veins, then the magical disease within you can grant you great powers. If you cannot control it, then you will turn into the evil werewolves of which we have all heard throughout our childhoods.

There may be a way to stave off the changes using the herb Wolfsbane. However, if you are planning on remaining here with Madam Lorrimar, then I would recommend making a cell or secure manner of restraining yourself in the basement so that when the full moon is near, you will be able to be restrained in a place where you will not harm yourself or anyone else.


Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 DR 5/Silver AC: 16, Flat-footed 16, Touch 10; HP: 18/31; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +5

Tharnik grimaces.

"I do not like the idea of a cage. But I know my heart has already walked with evil too long. I will consider your words. Maybe I can master the wolf that rides me."


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

It looks like we can wait until we are better organized in the morn to go on Project "Help Tharnik", but I will go with majority decision here.

A little nervous at the imposing Tharnik's pronouncements, Valen nods at his statements. He then adds quietly to the conversation,

"My name is Valen Stellori, a servant of Pharasma, Master Tharnik. I hope that by introduction and aiding you that perhaps I can gain your tolerance, if not your respect, sir."

"Let me start by adding that my own training also confirms Madam Alexa's. A Wolfsbane salve - particularly on that wound on your side - should aid you. The Grey Lady tells me that a holy blessing before the next full moon might also grant you the strength to battle the change. I...I would also be willing to dress that wound, if you have some cloth and water available."

With that, he bows to both him and Kendra and awaits the others decision on the course of action.

If we are staying put for the evening and settling into Lorrimor manor, then...

Valen stays in the yard as others make their way into the house - looking around quizically - before bowing and hestitantly asking,
"Pardon me, Lady Kendra, but do you have a barn or an out-building here where I may take my rest for the evening then? I assume not trouble you further today by imposing on your hospitality, but I was hoping for some place with a covering of some sort - lest it rain again. Otherwise, would it trouble you overmuch if I rest under one of the large trees around your house?"

1,701 to 1,750 of 4,956 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.