Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Jaye's Carrion Crown

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


1,651 to 1,700 of 4,805 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

If you have any healing, now might be a good time for it Madeline.

Round 3 - Init 20

Alexa takes a deep breath and continues her pounding on the zombie hoping the the local clergy gets here soon otherwise we might be in big trouble.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
Damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 + 1 = 10


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

RGM:
I made an error on the stabilization rolls. Forgot to include the -hp as a modifer. So on round 4 I do not stabilize 13-5 being 8 and all. And so the show goes on...
Round 5 Hp-6 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (14) + 1 - 6 = 9
Round 6 Hp-7 1d20 + 1 - 7 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 7 = 13
Round 7 Hp-8 1d20 + 1 - 8 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 8 = 6
Round 8 Hp-9 1d20 + 1 - 9 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 9 = 11
Round 9 Hp-10 1d20 + 1 - 10 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 10 = 0
Round 10 Hp-11 1d20 + 1 - 11 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 11 = -3
Round 11 room temp. hp-12
Not much of a future but well documented.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Should have healed you before, will use my CLW next round to stabilize you and possibly get you up. Might be time to retreat.

Cheliax

Restlands:
Creel, your math is wrong. The DC to stabilize is equal to 10 + your negative hit points. If you subtract those hit points from your roll (as you did above), the DC drops to 10. You are stable on round 6 with -7. Hugo, with Rebuke Death, would have been nice right now, eh?

Madeline's eagle swoops down, tearing into the flesh of the zombie attacking Creel, finishing off what Creel started. It drops to the black earth with a satisfying 'thud.'

Madeline continues to move backward, putting several gravestones between her and the zombies. She continues to cast, her words touching the night. In the distance, another eagle, cries out in response.

Creel collapses, blood pooling around his wounds.

Round 3

Alexa, realizing things are dire, swings wildly at the zombie before her and misses.

The zombie responds, reaching out and trying to grapple Alexa 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11. It grabs at her tunic, but Alexa slips free, kicking out with her boot and pushing it back. Denied its prey, the zombie growls, spraying black blood all over its burial tunic.

The two remaining zombies break off, ignoring their fallen foe.

One, its eyes squarely on Hugo, follows him. It charges forward, all but leaping onto his chest and tearing out his throat. The cleric, shocked, swings his mace, trying to fight it off. The zombie, growling, tears into his throat and begins to feast on his flesh as it rides his corpse to the earth.

The final zombie attacks the eagle tearing at its fallen companion's face. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 It misses, the black eagle swooping up and around it.

Madeline finishes her spell and another black eagle, a twin of the first she called, answers her call. Madeline, it's your turn.

Cheliax

Valen:
Your journey to Ravengro, following in the steps of your hero Hugo, has been a relatively quiet one. Having faced only a single, hungry wolf in the woods (its bright yellow eyes unnerving), you are glad when, as dusks sets in, you see a sign that reads, "Welcome to Ravengro."

The path you follow leads south, along the western side of a long, dark, river. As you crest the hill that leads into town, you hear two eagles call out, not far from you. As you look up, you see two of these magnificent creatures swooping down, attacking something. Two things: 1) You're sure the animal swooping down is an eagle, but it's unnaturally black with silver eyes. 2)The eagles are swooping down at something on your right, about 300 feet away. It's in running distance, but will take you 2 rounds to each at a full out run.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Reslands:

Eagle1 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Eagle1 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

Eagle1 Att(Beak):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14

Eagle1 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 2

Eagle1 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 2

Eagle1 Dam(Beak):1d4 ⇒ 4

Madeline directs Eagle 2 at the same target currently under attack by Eagle one.

Eagle2 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24

Eagle2 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Eagle2 Att(Beak):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14

Eagle2 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 3

Eagle2 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 4

Eagle2 Dam(Beak):1d4 ⇒ 2

Madeline continues to walk slowly backwards, again casting the same spell.

Yah, the more the merrier!

And might I add that the dice roller SUCKS!


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Meanwhile...

RGM:

Pausing to stare at the sign, a wave of relief comes over him at having reached his destination. Having used his shovel as walking stick, he leans on it briefly and closes his eyes.

Thank you, Grey Lady, for seeing me this far. May this be a beginning that garners your blessing. I hope that the people here do not...

His musing is cut short by the eagles cries. Something in that sound raises his hair and piques his curiosity. His memory drifts back to the lessons of his mentor.
Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Don't recall seeing such beasts this far from the hinterlands. Strange coloration as well. And two in such a small area can't be coincidence...perhaps they are attacking something...or someONE!

The sudden thought that someone may be hurt by these animals spurs him to follow their cries. Any fatigue from his journey disappears in a rush to see what occurs below.

Off I go!


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Solo Bard Action:
Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Vaghn narrows his eyes and studies the approach of his foe as he sidesteps to grab the shovel, grasping its weight in both hands. "Tough, but quite slow. Best fought with fire or axe. Attacks are clumsy, prone to leaving wide openings..." he mutters to himself. "Come on, you vile puppet. I know your strengths and weaknesses. I am ready."

Activating Naturalist; +1 AC, attacks, and saving throws vs. zombies.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I see the good Paladin fall and know that I must eliminate this unholy abomination before me before I can heal him. I step after the creature that I just kicked and once again swing my cudgel which glows an even brighter green with the power of nature behind it.

Attack:1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 + 1 = 7 <-- another crappy damage roll.

Hold on there holy man, the power of the spirits of nature will heal your good soul momentarily as soon as I eliminate this unholy monster before me.

Cheliax

At the Restlands:
Madeline's second eagle, as black as the first, calls out as it circles above. Then, selecting its target, it charges downward. As the first eagle struggles, clawing and pecking with little success, the second eagle finds purchase, using its companion to flank, and gingerly tears into the things neck. Between the two, the zombie falls.

Two zombies remain. One facing Alexa, one feasting on Hugo's ruined flesh.

Could he, Creel would act. Sadly, he lies there, bruised and bloodied, unconscious.

Round 4

Alexa calls to Creel and continues her offensive, swinging and connecting with her club. She hears a satisfying crack as the club breaks bone, but the zombie's rotting flesh cushions much of the strike.

The zombie growls and launches a counter attack, once again trying to claw at her living flesh. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 (1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 if it hits).

The zombie strikes true, tearing at Alexa's torso, dealing her a grievous wound....

Vaghn:
The zombie goes on...1d20 ⇒ 1

Vaghn, sensing the advantage, is free to act...

Valen:
You realize that these eagles are definitely out of their element, and from the coloring, likely something touched by the arcane or divine... they are not natural.

As you cusp your small hill and cross the northern bridge that leads into the western side of town, you hear what can only be described as the sounds of battle in the distance. As you move to turn in that direction, you hear a loud scream come from town. It's a woman's cry, and from what you can make out, closer at a full run....


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Decisions...decisions.

RGM:

Strange eagles; the sounds of a fight; and people screaming! Goddess, it sounds like I've stepped into the whirlwind!

Valen pauses momentarily - to see if he hears anything further that might spur his decision.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

If hears nothing to help him decide otherwise, - like someone yelling "Help! Our party is getting killed - he rushes towards the closer cry of distress in the sound of the woman's voice in town.

Cheliax

Valen:
You hear, although just barely, "If you have any healing, now might be a good time for it Madeline." The voice is female, distressed.

Also, roll initiative (for when you arrive).


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Restlands:
Me thinks there's a turn missing. *Ponders[/i]*

Madeline uses her time to summon yet another Eagle.

So....Eagle 1 should disappear, while Eagles 2, 3 & 4 should be continuing thew attack

Eagle2 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

Eagle2 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17

Eagle2 Att(Beak):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Eagle2 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 1

Eagle2 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 4

Eagle2 Dam(Beak):1d4 ⇒ 2

---------------------------------------------------

Eagle3 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Eagle3 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Eagle3 Att(Beak):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14

Eagle3 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 1

Eagle3 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 1

Eagle3 Dam(Beak):1d4 ⇒ 3

----------------------------------------------------

Eagle4 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24

Eagle4 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18

Eagle4 Att(Beak):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14

Eagle4 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 1

Eagle4 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 2

Eagle4 Dam(Beak):1d4 ⇒ 2

And the dice roller still sucks. :P

Cheliax

Madeline Peshtussle wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

And the dice roller still sucks. :P

Madeline:
You've cast three times. You should have three eagles, not four. ALSO - each summons last 1 minute/level.

"Summon Monster I (Sp): Starting at 1st level, a summoner can cast summon monster I as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. Drawing upon this ability uses up the same power as the summoner uses to call his eidolon. As a result, he can only use this ability when his eidolon is not summoned. He can cast this spell as a standard action and the creatures remain for 1 minute per level (instead of 1 round per level). At 3rd level, and every 2 levels thereafter, the power of this ability increases by one spell level, allowing him to summon more powerful creatures (to a maximum of summon monster IX at 17th level). At 19th level, this ability can be used as gate or summon monster IX. If used as gate, the summoner must pay any required material components. A summoner cannot have more than one summon monster or gate spell active in this way at one time. If this ability is used again, any existing summon monster or gate immediately ends. These summon spells are considered to be part of his spell list for the purposes of spell trigger and spell completion items. In addition, he can expend uses of this ability to fufill the construction requirements of any magic item he creates, so long as he can use this ability to cast the required spell."

Also, the target your current eagles are attacking has dropped. You may want to change targets.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

TheReplacementGM:
Ah! *Nods* Yes, I knew I should only have three Eagles flying at the moment. Hence the deleting of Eagle 1 from the list. I also thought summoned creatures only lasted rounds, not minutes. Another bonus for being the 'Summoner' class. (^_^)

Since I've timed out of editing.

Madeline points at the better target,

"That one! ATTACK!" She cries and directs.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

OMW!

RGM:

Hearing the distressed woman's voice call out for healing is all the "push" he needs. Fear and hestitation banish from his mind and he rushes onward towards the woman's direction.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Sorry if I am asking the obvious question. Trying to play Valen as a little confused by all this. Thanks for hinting nicely.

Also - quick, dumb question to confirm. It's one initiative roll for the whole battle - not a new one every round? I am used to one roll per battle, but one game I have played the GM asked for new init every round - it was sort of a 2E throw-back thing I think.

Cheliax

Valen Stellori wrote:

OMW!

** spoiler omitted **

It's one roll for the whole battle.

Cheliax

Madeline Peshtussle wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Since I've timed out of editing.

Madeline points at the better target,

"That one! ATTACK!" She cries and directs.

Which one? The one attacking Alexa or the one feasting on Hugo's dead, dead corpse?


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Sigh* Decisions, decisions...

:P Alexa, of course.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Little time today to post.

After taking a serious hit, I step back from the zombie and cast CLW on Creel.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

At least Creel is stabilized.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

RGM:
Current hp -4 and stable.

Three cheers for Alexa and her magic twig!


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Yeh, the CLW roll sucked. I was hoping to get enough to get you up so that we could run and regroup.

Cheliax

The Restlands:
As Alexa steps back, positioning herself to heal the fallen Creel, she swings wildly... striking at the foul beast before her with little result. Suddenly, three black eagles, each with grey beaks and silver eyes, swoop down and attack the zombie, tearing its flesh - eyes and all - from its face. It swings feebly, trying to knock them away, but they deftly dodge its slow attacks, hopping and pecking as they do. In seconds, it drops, dead again.

Round 5

Alexa, sensing the advantage, moves over and whispers to nature, its green life flowing into Creel's wounds. A light moss-like substance grows over them, stopping the flow of blood and bringing the color back to his face.

Valen arrives on 17. He acts now.

As Madeline and Alexa prepare for the last zombie, feeding on Hugo's corpse, a lithe man, with elven features, crests the little hill. He's winded and wears Pharasma's holy symbol around his neck.

Unless Valen channels and turns the remaining zombie, I will assume Madeline's eagles will swoop in and attempt to finish it off while Alexa aids Creel as best as she's able.

Valen:
You run for what feels like minutes, but you're sure is no more than seconds. As you follow the cry, the sounds of battle get louder. Human voices strain over the bestial chorus of something entirely unhuman.

As you reach the gate to the cemetery, you realize your fears and a cold wave washes over you.

The scene before you is one of complete carnage. Bodies lie everywhere, most of them grey with rot, although two are decidedly very fresh with pools of warm, dark blood around them. Two women, each with weapons in hand, move cautiously toward a third creature... as grey and unhuman as the rest, bent over and feasting on a black robed cleric that looks strangely familiar. It's hard to tell for certain, though, here in this half light.

A halbard sticks from the earth, next to a fallen man. Soft, green moss covers parts of his body. The tip of the halbard glows with a warm, yellow radiance.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Shovelin':
With a snarl, Vaghn viciously swings his purloined shovel at the zombie's head...

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

...and misses horribly.

BAB+1, Str+1, Naturalist +1, Non-proficiency -4 = -1 total attack. Don't really have anything good to do with my move action, though I do take a 5' step back toward the jailhouse. Free action to maintain Naturalist. Oh, if I do hit one of these days, what will be the damage on this thing?


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

The Reslands:
Madeline takes stock of the situation, smiles slightly, before directing the Eagles to attack the remaining Zombie.

Cheliax

Restlands:
Madeline, roll to hit with your eagles! You get a +3 to hit from dive attacks.

Vaghn:
Dmg on the shovel = 1d6

Vaghn swings his shovel at the zombie's head, trying to take it completely off. He overcompensates, unused to wielding farming implements, and nearly falls over. The zombie seizes the advantage and launches forward.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 if he hits).

Vaghn's unbalanced advance, however, works to his advantage and the zombie lurches past him, its swing going wild.

Vaghn hears, "By the Nine Hells! Get my crossbow!! from the direction of the jailhouse.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Hello all. Better late than never. ;-)

The Restlands:

Seeing the display before him, a look of shock crosses Valen's face as he comes running.

Grey Lady, to see your resting place...and these creatures...what could be happening?!

Then, as he glances towards the zombie and his victim, a look of panic and anger crosses his face. His steps bringing him charging closer to the thing...

No! Please don't let it be him...this abomination must be stopped!

All: The elven man carries a shovel in one hand as he reaches for a Pharasman holy symbol with the other. The slight jingling and silvery color of a chainmail shirt visible on his frame contrasts with plain workman's clothes and cap.

As he charges in towards the group, his focus is on the zombie and the dead Hugo. He places himself before the creature warily, uttering Laedo Sanctus Lumen while raising the holy symbol. Gray light washes forth over the thing and everyone close by.

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6

I am hoping I am within 30' of both Creel and the zombie to hit them both with the good and bad stuff respectively. If not, he would probably be more focused on Hugo's zombie at the moment. Don't mean to jump in on Madeline's attack on the monster.

Grr...forum ate my post twice...third time around on typing.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

The Restlands:

Eagle2 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 14

Eagle2 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 21

Eagle2 Att(Beak):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 21

Eagle2 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 4

Eagle2 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 4

Eagle2 Dam(Beak):1d4 ⇒ 2

---------------------------------------------------

Eagle3 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 9

Eagle3 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 28

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 28

Eagle3 Att(Beak):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 10

Eagle3 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 2

Eagle3 Dam(Crit)(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 3

Eagle3 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 2

Eagle3 Dam(Beak):1d4 ⇒ 3

----------------------------------------------------

Eagle4 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 18

Eagle4 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 26

Eagle4 Att(Beak):1d20 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 14

Eagle4 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 2

Eagle4 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 2

Eagle4 Dam(Beak):1d4 ⇒ 2

Indeed! Best of wishes to you, Master DM.

*Bows*


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

RGM - do you consider channeling to only heal or only damage? Or does it do both at the same time?

I assume that the birds took care of the zombies. If not, here are some quick attacks. Still away from home with very little time to post each day and way too many campaigns to finish.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 2 + 1 = 10

Crit: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 = 14
Crit Damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 2 + 1 = 13

If the birds did not get them, that should have really hurt the zombie.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
Alexa Grunwald wrote:

RGM - do you consider channeling to only heal or only damage? Or does it do both at the same time?

You have a good point there. Unless RGM adjudicates differently, this is an error on my part. The rules state that the cleric must choose whether to heal the living or damage undead - not both. In my zealousness (and the retyping) I forgot this.

Going with my original thought, he would probably have directed it as an attack on the zombie as a reaction to Hugo's fate instead of a heal. Sorry if that leaves Creel momentarily in the cold.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

More room temp really. :7) I have never been a fan of having to choose heal or harm. It seems to make more sense that the cleric et al just projects the energy and each creature reacts as they will. But shifting to that interpratation would be a power boost for channelers and a HUGE boost for undead friendly casters.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Agreed (not on the room temp. part). Because it is supposed to be positive energy, I tend to automatically think of it as just that - healing the living and hurting the dead simultaneously. But for balance issues, I understand that ruling as well.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

RGM - Hope its OK, but assuming the zombie gets destroyed by the combo of attacks...

The Restlands:

With an angry swing of his shovel, the elven man bashes aside the remains of the zombie that had been lurching over Hugo's body. Seemingly ignorant of the carnage, he drops down to his knees and frantically attempts to tend to Hugo's wounds.

After a few moments, he stops - as if realizing that the priest is beyond such treatments. He slumps and a saddened heave seems to come from his shoulders. He pulls a gray cloth from his pocket, and drapes it upon the dead man's face and shoulders. In a ragged voice, he utters:

"Oh Lady Pharasma, why has my friend deserved such a fate? Hear my plea - guard him in his journey to the Boneyard and judge him worthy of greater service in your name. If I am to blame for coveting his path, I ask that your wrath be this servant's burden. Guide me to what I must do. Requiem in aeternitas.

Following a quiet pause of prayer, he seems to remember his surroundings and rises to face Alexa and Madeline. Emerald-gray eyes rimmed with redness stare at them briefly before turning to assess the battlefield. A dull numbness has replaced the fury of a minute ago in his voice.

"Pardon my lack of introduction, ladies. You and your comrade look to be injured; can I be of service to you? My name is Valen of Crowbridge - a servant of the Grey Lady, Pharasma." He follows this with a bow of his head and cap.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline watches the newcomer's efforts at helping Hugo with a mixture of sadness and regret. She remains silent and allows the gentleman respect in his endeavors. When he has finished, Madeline subtly straightens and adjusts herself to be as presentable as possible after her ordeal, she smile and curtsies at his introduction.

"Good day to you sir, and commiserations for the loss of Master Maal." She lowers her head slightly, "I knew him for but a short time...This place has caused so many losses..." She sighs, then offers her hand in greeting.

"My name is Madeline, Madeline Peshtussle." She smiles then steps slightly aside to allow the other woman her introductions.

"though, if you could perhaps see to master Creel's injuries? I believe he is only hurt and still with us." She adds then looks around,

"Now...what is keeping Master Vaughn and the town militia...?" She ponders quietly to herself.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

After striking the zombie one last time, Alexa stands for a few moment, green glowing club in her hand, and surveys the area.

Then you see her concentrate an again she appears to be staring at nothing and everything at the same time as she slowly scans the area around the group.

Use Detect Undead (and fey, ethereal, dragons, etc.)

If she does not sense any more evil in the area, she will turn to the newly arrived priest.

Sorry, we seem to have a bit of a problem with the dead wanting us dead this evening. I am Alexa, Alexa Grunwald. Pleased to meet you. And if you have any more healing, I definitely think that the good Paladin could use your assistance.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

At Madeline's offer of her hand he takes it and places it to his brow even as he bows slightly. It is an awkward gesture for him, but he does it clearly as a sign of respect.

Madeline:

There is a warm familiarity effect from Valen's touch - as if you have a shared an experience with this stranger.

Valen takes a moment to absorb Alexa's and Madeline's words. He nods at them both, and glances to where Creel lays prone. He moves quickly to the man's side; examining and doing a little more to clean up his wounds further.
Heal Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
"Hmmm...lacerations...bleeding has stopped...no deep infection..." he mumbles.
The dead can wait now, let us look to the living then. If you are in need of any healing, I suggest you stay close - this should help you all. Sancti lux medentur!
Holding his holy symbol, Valen's hand radiates an aura of light - this time it more bluish in nature than the previous time.
Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4

If it looks like Creel is in need of another hit to revive - Channel Energy again.
ChannelEnergy: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Hope that gets you back in action, Creel

Cheliax

At the Restlands:
And just like it began, the attack is over! The final zombie, intent on consuming Hugo, dies between the onslaught of eagles, Alexa, and the newly arrived priest of Pharasma.

Creel, for his part, begins to stir.

All of you realize, too, that the graveyard might not be the only place under attack..... if more zombies have risen elsewhere....

Oh, and in Pathfinder, you MUST state whether you are healing or harming with positive energy. You cannot do both.

Regardless of your place in the various battles, everyone gets 300 XP each!!


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

ARRRRRG, so close, yet so far. 65 exp from leveling.

I look to the newcomer:

Thank you, I was a little beat up from those creatures. Although not as much as the good Paladin, those zombies must have really gotten in some lucky shots to take him down like that.

I turn to Madeline:
So, where is your friend, that academic looking fellow? He took off before we headed back here. Should we make sure that he is ok?

As soon we start moving, I again begin to concentrate to Detect Undead (or the other stuff which I doubt is here.)


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline....with a slight colour to her cheeks after Valen's ministrations...gathers her thoughts and looks off in the direction Master Vaghn ran off in.

"Well....when we surmised these...things...were about to arise, Master Vaghn quickly went off to gather the local militia so that we could present a more united and professional front..." She frowns slightly.

"Perhaps he has been intercepted in his mission?" She says quietly and the worry is evident upon her features.

"Come, let us see to our companion." She kneels beside Master Creel and tries to cajole him back to consciousness.

Hoping you have positive HP, Master Creel. (^_^)


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

"I am glad to be of service in your time of need," Valen responds as he gives Creel's wounds a check. "He should be recovered, although possibly not at full strength after the shock of the attack."

"If it's possible more of these creatures are about, I must reserve some of Pharasma holy wrath for them for now," he adds as he goes about getting the Paladin to an elevated position to assist him as needed.

I think I got him above zero, but likely not at max at this point.

Once we are underway towards Vaghn, Valen prepares a small shield and an old, but well-kept morningstar for any potential threats along the road.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I think I CLWed him when he was -4, with the two channels, he should be at +7 by my guess. The channels also healed me back to full, thanks.

Well, lets find your friend.

I take the lead with Creel. As we head out, you once again see me begin to concentrate, as I do so a brief greenish glow surrounds me which quickly dissipates leaving only my eyes with a slight greenish tinge. I then begin to slowly scan back and forth across the trail and the area to either side of where we are walking.

Detect Undead - 60' arc.

Cheliax

Alexa:
You sense nothing at the moment. However, as you get closer to the center of town, you start to register some undead.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

As we get closer to the center of town:

Ok all, something unnatural is here.

I point in the direction where I sense the undead while continuing to proceed in that direction slowly.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline frowns, hefts her sword and looks to Alexa, "Where? Which way?"

Are the eagles still following?

Cheliax

Madeline:
The eagles are gone. You didn't notice them leave, either.

Alexa:
Something up ahead, not far from the jail house, is shambling about.

As your party gets closer to the center of town, you can hear Vaghn calling out to something in fury. He sounds very excited, stressed even. You cannot see him from where you are.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Swing!:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 ...and a miss.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen stares unabashedly at Alexa's detection effect, muttering "Amazing," as they move along the road. As she makes her announcement of something along the road, he tightens the grip on his shield and weapon and a whispered prayer unintelligible to hear.

Hearing the sounds of Vahgn's grunts and yells, he turns to Madeline as they move. "I am guessing that would be the Mr. Vaghn you spoke of earlier, perhaps?"

I hope Creel's OK since its been a few days from his last post.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+6,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods to Valen's question and picks up her pace to get to what ever is besetting her companion.

*Nods* No worries, Master RGM, shall just have to be prepared to call forth more. (^_^)


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Sorry, schedule got tight for a bit. I am here though!

As the healing came in. Oh, that was embarassing. I am so glad Sargeant Eincolm didn't live to see that. Ohh...

At 7hp using last LoH 1d6 ⇒ 4 current hp 11.

As we head towards town: "Well met friends. What brings you to this... Creel sniffs the air. "That way, trouble."

Falling into place beside Alexa still glowing halberd lighting the way Creel hurries to rescue Vaghn.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa continues to move toward the undead and the noise, which is apparently coming from the direction of the one who must be the academic from earlier.

I can help, but my club will not pack the punch it did before. Sadly that spell only lasts a minute or so.

I will help any way that I can.

1,651 to 1,700 of 4,805 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.