Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


1,601 to 1,650 of 4,956 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

You see Alexa shutter at the mention of disturbed graves.

I assume you are inferring that zombies or skeletons, or some more dangerous type of undead have befallen this good town.

Alexa pauses for a moment.

I see dead people. I do not know how, but I can sense the walking dead and other creatures not entirely of this world.

Alexa takes a deep breath and begins to concentrate, staring ahead.

Ok, I hope that I do not detect anything, but if any undead are within about 25 strides of me, I will be able to sense them. I hope that I do not as it is not a pleasant feeling when I sense one of these corrupt monstrosities.

Detect Undead (and fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal creatures). 60' cone. This functions as the spell Detect Undead. RDM will have to rule on it, but I assume I can keep it up constantly until I have to take some action which would break my concentration.

Dark Archive

Alexa:
I don't have a problem with you running it as a standard action to concentrate, provided your associated move actions don't break that concentration.

You focus up ahead and, within town, sense nothing. As you move north, however, just shy of the graveyard, you begin to feel a presence... a spirit of sorts... hovering just outside of the graveyard. As you try and focus in, you see a dark figure stride out of the woods beyond the graveyard ...its eyes glow red brightly... and it smiles at you.

As your group slowly moves toward the graveyard, you once again get the feeling that, as the sun sets, something is amiss. Fresh dirt litters the road here and there... and the horrid smell of rotting flesh is all around you. As you scan ahead, you can see half a dozen opened graves, their tombstones unceremoniously knocked over.

Creel, Vaghn, and Madeline:
You each get 395 xp from the encounter with Rendel and the four zombies. I'll give you a XP update when I get home today (my NPC folder is at the house0.

Hugo & Alexa:
You each get 500 XP for your back stories, plus 135 XP for your RP encounter with Father Grimburrow. I've decided that, since it might put you too far behind, I'm going to have each of you start with 1000 XP instead of 500. You should both be at 1635 right now.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline groans softly. "This is why I have a man servant to help watch my back." She says softly, then sniffs in distaste. "Can never trust them to not run off when they are needed..." She laments softly.

(Yah...in regards to Madeline and Smith? Madeline may not be quite 'all there' when it comes to said relation-ship. :P)

She resignedly draws her elegant sword and scans about for the na-er do wells, though she stays slightly behind Alexa as the girl continues to squint into the gathering gloom.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa suddenly stops just as the group approaches the graveyard and puts her arm out to stop the others while pointing toward the darkness.

Over there, whatever that is, it is not of this world. I will be able to tell you more in a moment, if it does not attack us first.

I continue to scan the area trying to determine what this is and whether there are any more.

Move Action - Draw my club


Male Human Cleric/1

Hugo slows to a halt beside Alexa as her arm lashes out in front of him. At here words of warning and at the sight and smell of the open graves, he wordlessly unhitches his untarnished mace from his belt and seizes tightly at the grip.

The wind whips lightly at his cloak as he at first surveys the seemingly empty graveyard before shifting his gaze to each of his companions, the uncertainty evident in his expression.

He then leans his head towards Creel and whispers:
"...I don't see anything, do you?"


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline settles into a 'fencing' crouch and awaits whatever new horrors the town has ready for them.

"We've been in the place but a couple of days and the amount of strangeness has been....impressive..." Madeline murmurers to her two new companions.

"Not the least of which is the toll it has been taking upon..." And her voice trails off as she realizes perhaps now is not the time for such tales...

Dark Archive

Alexa:
You see a man, ghost-like chains hanging from his torso and arms, step into the graveyard and raise his arms in the form of a "V". He looks at you and smiles wickedly. Then, his spirit disperses as tendrils of shadow begin to creep into the graves....


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I see some ghost-like man with chains hanging from his torso. He raised his arms in the form of a "V" before his form dispersed into the graves.

RGM:

Do I stop sensing the undead once he dispreses. And do I know what type of undead this is?


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline's sword drops slightly...."Ghost?" and she frowns, looking to Creel "Did we not find something that is useful against the spirits of the deceased?" She asks, obviously trying to remember herself. Then she again looks to Alexa.

"Wait? You said 'Dispersed' and into 'Graves'....graves plural...?" Madeline's frown grows deeper. "Which graves? Quickly! We may be able to deal with the rising deceased as they break the surface!" Madeline begins to move forwards.

"Come! Let us seize the initiative!"


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Waiting on RDM to determine what I see and say.

Dark Archive

Alexa:
You still sense the presence of the undead, although after his disappearance, it is significantly lessened...


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

The undead is still here, but the sense is much less. I do not know what it is, but we must figure it out and attempt to destroy it.

You see Alexa cautiously begin to slowly move forward, carefully scanning the area to determine whether there are any more undead presences in the area while watching for any other movement.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 <-- Lol - if it is here, I should be able to see it.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline moves along cautiously in support of Alexa, her sword held low but at the ready.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Dark Archive

Alexa:
You clearly, without a shadow of a doubt, know that whatever was there has since departed, leaving a small bit of its foul presence in the earth, which is currently animating about 3 undead... you know they will rise in less than a minute, clawing their way to the surface...

...and you can easily pinpoint the graves.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I sense that whatever was here has animated three corpses. While the evil presence appears to have left, the undead it created are still here.

I point at three graves.

I assume that we will have some friends in about a minute. Hugo, if you can use Pharasma's holy power to keep them in the ground, that would be best, otherwise, I can strengthen my club and I think that two of us should focus on the first two to rise. Then we can all take on the third.

I shall continue to concentrate for another 30 seconds or so. If Hugo cannot channel them back to death, I will stop concentrating and cast Shillelagh on my club before the undead begin climbing out.

Then I will prepare an action to strike the first one that will rise.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods at Alexa's warning and takes up a position at which to strike at one of the graves not covered by Hugo and Alexa...and possibly motioning for Creel to join her.

"Well...between the four of us we should be able to handle these things promptly." Madeline says, "And if Master Vaghn returns in time with any town guard we should have the site 'fixed' quickly." Madeline turns her attention to the ground near by her feet and awaits for some sign of disturbance or movement.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human Cleric/1

Hugo nods grimly at Alexa and steels himself to go into battle against the rising dead. Mace in hand, he withdraws his holy symbol from his robes as he steps forwards to the graves. His gaze shifts from grave to grave, tensely waiting for the first rotten, dirt covered claw to break the surface.

Channel Energy:
Hugo should be in a position to hit all three graves with a channel energy radius and readies an action to bust out some holy power as soon as the first appears. I'm assuming that for the purposes of enemies underground, Channel Energy is essentially a spherical emanation?

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

RGM: assuming the stench of evil is fighting with the sickly smell of rotten meat, correct?

Creel readies his shield and sinks the butspike of the halbard into the soil near the graves. "A light on that if you please Mistress Peshtussle."

Creel draws his sword. It is a heavy, worklike weapon. Unadorned and gray in the fading light. "We will fight here. Destroy the three that are rising but beware. There are likely to be more."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods at Creel's request.

Cast 'Light', O lvl cantrip upon Creel's weapon

Even as she steadies herself for the combat that might be about to unfold.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

At the Old Jailhouse:
Vaghn breathlessly enters the jailhouse takes a brief moment to compose himself, and addresses those gathered within. "Gentlemen, we have a problem."

Dark Archive

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

At the Jailhouse:
As Vaghn sprints in and announces himself, the sheriff looks up - as does his one of his deputies - and raises an eyebrow.

The sheriff is a larg man, with dark, shaggy hair and a full, deep beard of matching color. He wears a simple blue tunic, black trousers, and light leather armor - clearly unbuckled for comfort. He wears a club and a short sword on his waist, next to a set of manacles and a ring of keys.

His deputy, a younger man with bright red hair and deep grey eyes - is dressed similarly. Although smaller than the sheriff by comparison, he still stands five and half feet. He wears a long sword at his waist.

The sheriff takes a moment to study Vaghn, then sets his coffee cup carefully on the desk and asks, "What sort of trouble we got?"

Creel:
Yes, you can smell the evil in the air.

Hugo:
Sure.

Meanwhile, at the Graveyard:
Your group, following Alexa's warning, fall into defensive positions. Creel crouches, setting his halbard for charging enemies as Madeline, with a flick of her wrist and a soft whisper, paints the blade with a gentle glow. Alexa, her club in her hand, whispers some words to the heart of nature - a gentle green glow enveloping her club as a result. Hugo, following Alexa's lead, presents his holy symbol and calls upon Pharasma's Grace, shedding a holy light throughout the graveyard that briefly lights up the deepening dusk. As he does, you hear several creatures, as the break through the earth, cry out! The light, burning their flesh, easily identifies them as your next targets.

As your group scans the graveyard for the disturbed graves, Madeline points to the first grave with a zombie trying to claw its way into the open evening air. She quickly identifies three more.

Their smell is horrid, but you're thankfully not close enough to any of them to really suffer its stench.

Your group gains surprise. There are four graves. Select your actions and let me know what you're doing. Then, please roll initiative.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Well my new friends, it appears we have uninvited guests at our cemetery party.

Alexa then whispers another prayer to the spirits of nature while swinging her club at the closest zombie.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17 <-- +2 Str, +1 enhancement from spell
Damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 2 + 1 = 10 <-- spell increases weapon damage by two sizes

The club connects and delivers a massive blow far greater than the small club would appear capable of leaving a subtle green glow where it connected with the zombie's slowly rising head.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline steps forwards and strikes at the rising undead.

Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Att Roll:1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15(Flanking with Master Creel)

Dam Roll:1d8 ⇒ 2

Also, are these creatures technically 'Flat footed'?

Dark Archive

Madeline, yes. Plus, I'm decreasing their AC for being partially submerged in the earth.

Alexa steps forward and cracks the first of the zombies in the head, its skull cracking with a satisfying 'smack.' Undeterred, the creature continues to pull itself from the wet, black earth.

Madeline follows Alexa's lead, stepping forward into the graveyard to flank the one closest to Sir Creel. Seizing the opportunity for a hopeful kill, she slashes downward with her blade, cutting the rising zombie's face ...its black ichor spilling out onto the cold, cold ground.

Dark Archive

I still need initiative from the rest of you. Zombies go on a 1d20 ⇒ 12 next round!


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Sorry, used to the DM just rolling Init for everyone, seems to speed up combat.

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Since I am before the Zombies again.

Feeling the satisfying crack of her club on the undead's skull, Alexa raises her club and swings again.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 2 + 1 = 11


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Hoping Master Creel and Master Hugo get some good rolls in their posts.

Madeline wrinkles her nose as she begins the task of stopping the rising dead.

Att Roll:1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Dam Roll:1d8 ⇒ 7

*Sigh* (-_-)

Dark Archive

Checking in; waiting on Hugo & Creel for combat, Vaghn for RP


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Init 1d20 ⇒ 6. Oh and rgm? The halberd is doing duty as a lamp post in this fight. Creel is fighting sword and shield this time.

Suprise round: A grimishing Creel slices at ehe corpse damaged by Madeline. [ooc]Attack, flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26, Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 OOoo possible critical, confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10, critical damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Ugh, sorry I have been so spotty. I have been running about like a chicken with its head off dealing with car trouble, friends' emergencies, and trying desperately to find a summer job. Hope things calm down very soon...

The Jailhouse:
Vaghn pauses, suddenly a lot more nervous under the steely gaze of the sherrif. "Ah, yes, hello sir. I am Professor der Grafft, of Lepeidstadt University. Um, I am afraid the situation is rather delicate, and Father Grimburrow suggested the authorities, that is you, I believe, were informed. Ahem. I regret to inform you that someone, or something, is utilizing the necromantic arts upon Ravengro's dearly departed; the dead walk, and they are hungry."

Dark Archive

At the Jailhouse:
The sheriff pauses, looks at his deputy, and says, "I tell ya, it seems to me some folk can't just speak plainly. Ever notice that with the University folks?" Then, the sheriff turns to you. "So, we buried the professor, which ol' Gibbs warned us not to do, and now the dead are walking... just like ol' Gibbs said they would. Grand. I'll round up my boys and head that way. If you and your folks can handle a sword or pike, I'd suggest you bring it and meet us up there. We're going to need all the help we can get."

Then the sheriff grabs his scabbard from a peg next the his desk, sheathes his short sword, and begins to fasten his armor. His deputy moves to assist him.

At the Graveyard:
So far, the initiative count is; Alexa, 20, Zombies, 12, Madeline, 7, and Creel, 6. Anyone seen Hugo?

Creel finishes setting his halbard, its light pushing back the quickly descending dusk as he draws his long sword and straps on his heavy wooden shield. Then, watching Madeline strike the zombie, Creel moves to flank it, finishing what Madeline started!

Alexa, we'll figure in your attack once Hugo has rolled initiative.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Dropped Hugo a pm.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Not sure how you NPC absent players, but I think he was planning on channeling to slow them down.

Hugo Channel's Energy - 1d6 ⇒ 3


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

HELLO ANYONE THERE???? Tap tap tap.

Sorry, got a ton of work to do an no urge to do it.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Indeed, am here. I also have my 'Busy time' happening. Awaiting developments with the rising Undead. *Bows*


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Hugo Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 --> I assume that he is here for this battle and will then either (1) go crazy and run away; (2) suffer a gruesome death; or (3) become a cloistered cleric and never be heard from again.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Meanwhile...:
"Ah, yes, thank you. I shall return to the Restlands then." Shaking his head at the ignorance of the uneducated, Vaghn begins jogging back to the graveyard.

Dark Archive

Vaghn:
Vaghn watches the sheriff, alongside his deputy, continue to hastily strap on his armor as he leaves. His trip to the graveyard, however, isn't without its own upset. As Vaghn turns the corner of the building, heading for the bridge across the river, he sees a single figure shambling into town....

...as he focuses his eyes, he can see a few more on the horizon, a single figure, made entirely of shadow, floating only a few feet behind them.

When he tries to focus on the figure itself, it fades into the night.

At the Restlands:

Here is the initiative order:
Alexa = 20
Zombies = 12
Madeline = 7
Creel = 6
Hugo = 5

I've decided on a new initiative rule. IF you notify me you won't be available for a combat AND I run the PC from my end, your initiative will always be based on taking a ten. So, if you're modifier is +4, you'll go on 14. I'll act in your best interests, always.

If you DO NOT notify me, you're initiative will be a 1 (+ your modifier). I will have you fight defensively and protect yourself solely.

IF you just stop posting, you're probably going to die....

Your group watches, with horror, has several more bodies pull themselves from the earth, the stench of grave-rot filling the darkening air. Hugo, his holy symbol raised in defiance, calls once again upon Pharasma. When nothing happens, his face goes ashen and he steps back.

The Official Round 1 begins...

As Alexa surveys the field of battle, she sees that five zombies have managed to pull themselves from the earth. They are slowly shambling toward your group, a hollow look in each of their undead eyes. They are scattered about, moving slowly, and no closer than 10 feet away.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3
Alexa Grunwald wrote:

Sorry, used to the DM just rolling Init for everyone, seems to speed up combat.

Init: 1d20+3 == 20

Since I am before the Zombies again.

Feeling the satisfying crack of her club on the undead's skull, Alexa raises her club and swings again.

Attack: 1d20+2+1 == 16
Damage: 2d6+2+1 == 11

Just reposting this since I had already rolled for Round 1.

Att --> 16
Dam --> 11

Ok, there appear to be five of them. Lets focus and take them down one at a time.

I attack the one I had already hit previously, if it is dead, the next nearest one. My attack rolls were posted about a week ago, if you want me to reroll, let me know and I will try to post in the morning before I leave.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods, then pauses...
"I..think I have something that may help..." She says, though there is a trace of uncertainty in her voice.

Cast 'Summon Monster 1', to call forth an Eagle to help us in our cause.

And she closes her eyes and concentrates, seemingly to draw upon some sort of mystical power.

This round, casting defensively and hoping to get a little extra help for the rounds to come.

Dark Archive

At the Restlands:

Alexa moves forward, continuing to focus on the zombie she struck before. As the putrid creature finally pulls itself from its grave, Alexa brings her shillelagh down into the creatures face in rapid succession - thud, thud. A final strike lands with a wet thud, the creatures skull caving inward as it falls forward into the black, wet earth.

It doesn't get up.

The remaining four zombies move forward. Two approach Creel from the front, leaving him little room to move around them. The reach out with their rotted limbs, but cannot strike him truly.

[ooc]The zombies are staggered and cannot charge in the Restlands, as there is no clear line of attack.[/oo]

Another zombie moves hastily toward Alexa. It reaches out to strike.... growling, grunting, clawing....

A final zombies shambles forward, its path taking it clearly to Madeline. As it arrives, she steps back slightly and begins to cast her spell.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

There is nothing as unnatural as the undead. The dead should be dead, not walking.

______
Round 3 <-- since I go before the zombies next round.

I once again swing out with my club seeking to reduce the number of opponents.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 5) + 2 + 1 = 14

Dark Archive

Alexus... don't get too far ahead. I don't want to loose track of your actions!! ;) (Thanks for posting, though).


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Sorry, figured I was before the next zombie action, and this way once the others post you would be able to wrap the whole round.

Dark Archive

Oh, it's fine. I'm definitely not complaining. Just letting you know. ;)


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

In Trouble:
"Oh blast!" Vaghn quickly looks around for something he can use against the zombie, probably a makeshift torch.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

I believe that the only weapon Vaghn is carrying that can get through a zombie's DR is his light crossbow, and even then only if I roll well for damage. Hence something he can use to inflict slashing damage or light on fire and bash it with would be very helpful...


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Round 1 Init 6

Holding his shield high Creel strikes at the knees of the advancing dead.

Move action. If he can Creel will try to engage the zombie threatening madeline. Not likely I know but If I can force it to draw and AOO from me to reach her I will.
Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16, damage, whetstone 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Dark Archive

Restlands:
As Madeline steps back to avoid the zombie moving toward her, Creel moves forward, swinging low. He strikes the zombie passing him, getting its attention, and turning it away from Madeline. One of the two slightly before him senses the advantage and attacks! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 (dealing 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 if it hits).

At the end of round 1, Creel has three zombies facing him. Madeline has none. Alexa has one. The zombie Creel pulled away from Madeline now flanks him with one of the others.

Round 2
[ooc]Alexa, your round "3" rolls should actually be for round 2.

Faced with another zombie, Alexa moves forward, bashing it in the face, The zombie stumbles back, slightly, but does not fall completely.

It, along with its allies, retaliates. It swings out, trying to slam Alexa to the ground and consume her warm, living flesh 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 (dealing 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 if it hits). Luckily, it misses.

The three facing Creel follow suit.

Zombie one punches at Creel's face 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 (dealing 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 if it hits). The second zombie (adjacent to the first), strikes 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 (dealing 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 if it hits)! It has flanking from zombie three.
The last zombie, its attention pulled from Madeline, steps next to Creel and swings 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 (dealing 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 if it hits).

The first misses, but the other two strike true. (Creel takes 13 points of damage).

Finally, the words Madeline was whispering come to fruition. A giant black eagle, with a gray beak and silvery eyes, appears above the field, circling. Its coat shines with the moon and you are sure it is larger than its normal cousin...

Madeline, your turn...

Only feet from the Jailhouse...:
Vaghn, panicked, looks around. He sees, only a few feet from the jailhouse, a large shovel. It's not far from the zombie that is wandering towards him, but he's sure he could get to it...


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Restlands:
Madeline directs the newly arrived Eagle to swoop upon the Zombie attacking Creel.

Thereby hopfully giving it flanking and surprise bonuses.

As she again takes a five foot step back and begins casting again.

Yes, same spell. I know it's slightly tacky, but it is simple and should be effective. Soon we should have a 'cab rank' of air support over our heads swooping in to deal damage.

Eagle1 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19

Eagle1 Att(Talon):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13

Eagle1 Att(Beak):1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25

Crit Confirm (Beak)1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Eagle1 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 4

Eagle1 Dam(Talon):1d4 ⇒ 1

Eagle1 Dam(Beak):1d4 ⇒ 2


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Restlands:
With a ratteling crash Creel Falls before the tide of rotting flesh.
ow...

RGM:
24 hp damage in one round! Ouch! currently at (21-24)= -3 hp. Con checks to stabilize: Round 2 Init 6 Hp -3. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7. Nope.
Round 3 Init 6 Hp -4. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7. Nope
Round 4 Init 6 Hp -5. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13. Stable, assuming they do not eat me first.

1,601 to 1,650 of 4,956 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.