Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


1,451 to 1,500 of 4,956 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

At The General Store:
The woman smiles as you list off the items you need and, when completed, stands up and wanders off. A few minutes later, she returns with a wooden crate stacked with dusty flasks, a stack of old torches, a hooded lantern with a dent in it, and a few silver rods about the thickness of a rapier's blade. "Ve don't carry the tingertwigs you vant, but I think these quickfire sticks should do as nicely. Ve picked them up from a wandering merchant from ve otherside of the Mountains of Heaven several years back. A strange man with narrow eyes and vonderous items. You just strike ve quickfire stick against a hard surface like so..."

And with that, the woman whips the end of the silver rod across the counter top, watching with wonder as it briefly flares up before turning a bright red-orange and then slowly smolders. She touches it to a piece of parchment, which immediately catches fire, to display its obvious usefulness.

"...and maybe you might like this better? Ve have only a few more, but I think I might have a good price for you. Shall we say sixteen Ustlavian gold crowns for the lot of it? That includes a dozen torches, a dozen flasks of ve oil to match, a vaterproof - if slightly dented - hooded lantern, and halv a dozen ov these quickfire sticks."


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

At World O' Stuff:
Been watching Eerie Indiana reruns on netflicks.

"That sounds about fair." Creel counts out the coins and collects the purchases.
"Well my friends time we were getting back."

To the shopkeepers. "Thank you, and keep up the good work on that armor. Who knows I may be back to buy it from you someday."

Creel heads for the door.

Yes we are getting taken. Even assuming that quickfire=tindertwig we are paying 2gp more than we should. Call it tourist prices. Time to kill bugs.

Dark Archive

Your trip from the General Store back to the Lorrimor Estate is uneventful. When you arrive, you find Kendra back on the porch, rocking gently and enjoying what appears to be a cup of afternoon tea. She waves as you walk up.

"You have your supplies then?" She asks.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

"Yes, they seemed nice enough people. Only gouged us a little but you have to expect that if you are not local. Town seemd to be quiet and happy today. Quite a change from the slicer bugs at the prison."

Creel gathers the others and passes out gear making sure everyone has at least 2 torches, 2 oil flasks and 2 of the firelighters.
"You might want to carry this lamp madeline. In case things get ugly Smith, Sir Rendel and myself will likely have our hands full."
"Are we ready to return and clear that tower?"


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline peers out from behind the door of her room. Doing her very best to both show interest, while preserving as much of her modesty and privacy as possible.

"Oh...are we to return to that pace...today..." She glances back into the darkness of her room.

"It's...just that...I haven't finished my..repairs..." She adds hesitantly, hand to her mouth as she is evidently deep in thoughts. Creel might notice that Madeline is but wearing a gown, her bare feet peeking out from beneath its hem.

Folks are really set on going back in...on the same day...which will make it late in the day...as in close to night fall.....Just saying.


Male Human Inquisitor 2

"Night will make it difficult." Rendel concedes. "But we msut press on. It would be dark within anyway and the veil of night would prevent less scrupulous eyes from prying on us. We have not yet even entered the prison. In our faith it is expected of us to bring light into dark places."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods and closes the door to her room. It does take a while for her to make both herself and Smith presentable.

I leave it to the DM to determine how much time passes before Madeline and Smith are ready to venture back into that place.

Madeline smiles thanks as she takes the lantern previously offered by Creel.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

What is this talk of darkness? Kendra was having afternoon tea.

"Well there might not be time to really come to grips with the place but there will be light enough and time to drive those bugs from the tower. We won't finish today but we will make a start."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

No...not darkness as in 'now' but the time of day we are at, plus given what we hope to achieve. *bows*

Madeline pats herself down, checking her gear and apparel. The pairs clothing, while again sturdy and ship shape, still has the stains from the group's previous encounter still clinging to its seams.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"I am game for another go."

Dark Archive

I'll update later today.

Dark Archive

After gathering supplies, your wits, and enough lights for the evening, you start out toward the old prison north of the sleepy town. The walk takes you only thirty minutes and in the early afternoon, you get to enjoy some of the sights and sounds of the town.

Your group is only 15 minutes outside of the town when you spot, beside the road, what appears to be three or four drunks stumbling around, apparently eating something under a tree. They are about 100 or so feet away and haven't appeared to notice you.


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel ignores them.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline wanders along with her companions, though she is curious as to what it its the locals have done for their 'picnic'.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Smith also looks at what has captured his Mistress' attention,

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

I do not think, in this place, Madeline will like what she sees....

Dark Archive

Madeline and Smith:
Both of you realize, almost immediately, that the townsfolk appear to be eating part of a recently slaughtered animal, slurping up its uncooked juices.

The animal is about the size of a large dog, covered in dark fur. The townsfolk have a greenish-grey hint to their skin and appear to be moving slower than normal. There is also the slight hint of grave in the air.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline stops, steps out of the 'marching line' and draws her sword.

"To arms! Those are not people!" She hisses, trying to alert her companions without giving away the possibility of surprise.

Seeing his Mistress unsheathe her sword, Smith draws the hammer-maul from across his back.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn blinks in surprise. "Not people? What?"

Dark Archive

Initiative!!!


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline:Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Smith:Initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

But...we are ready before they are...*Glances to other party members...*


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Don't worry Madeline, you just kept us from being surprised by zombies, which would have been, quite frankly, embarrassing. :P

Dark Archive

On 21, Smith, weapon drawn....

On 20, Vaghn....

On 12, Madeline, weapon drawn...

On 1d20 ⇒ 6, the things notice you and begin to lurch forward...

Still need initiative from Creel and Rendel...


Male Human Inquisitor 2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Initiative.

Rendel turns slowly his mind too preoccupied to act quickly.

About how far away are they?

Dark Archive

About 100 feet away.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn peers at the drunken villagers and attempts to discern what has alarmed Madeline.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5 They look perfectly normal to him. Oh look, a rare butterfly!

Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 When they get close enough for him to discern them more clearly he exclaims, "Oh my! Zombies!"


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel will draw his weapon at the mention of zombies.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline frowns as the figures shamble towards the group, even sa she takes a 'five foot' step to allow more room to swing her sword.

"I....do not think they are just Zombies..." Madeline whispers...even as she prepares to strike.

Smith like wise moves to allow more room for his two handed weapon to swing.

Dark Archive

Creel....???? Is this thing on???

Dark Archive

On 21, Smith, weapon drawn....

On 20, Vaghn....

On 12, Madeline, weapon drawn...

On 6, Rendel will draw his weapon...

On 1d20 ⇒ 6, the things notice you and begin to lurch forward...

Vaghn:
Technically, you have no idea what these are. You only know that Madeline said "those are NOT people." Your poor Perception, roll, however, does not permit a Knowledge (religion) roll. Just a friendly reminder to keep it on table ...because we both know what they are, but I'm trying to stay in the spirit of things.

Oh Creeeeeellllll...... where are youuuuuuuu?


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Sorry. Zombie outbreak. But now I am back to the in game outbreak.

Initiative. 1d20 ⇒ 17.

"Are you sure Madeline?"

Ready halberd. Activating Detect Evil. Perception if I can, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 and a knowledge religion check if the perception turnes up anything, 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline frowns, even as the figures move closer.

"In what way am I supposed to be 'Sure'? The common, decent folk of here abouts would not be shambling about devouring animals alive now, would they?" She asks rhetorically.

Ready to swing in to the attack. Will we be getting an AoO? *Bows


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

[spoiler=RGM]Sorry, didn't mean to step on toes. That is why I said "when they get close enough"; I figure once they are up close and personal no perception check is required. And my Knowledge (religion) check was actually too low for anything with a DC higher than 0 (DC 10.5 for zombies), so both Vaghn and I were just guessing. If you like I can have him add: "Or maybe ghouls? Vampires? Ooh, I hope they're not vampires..." :P

[i]Vaghn has no idea what is going on, so he awkwardly grabs his whip and waits.[/ooc]

Dark Archive

Whoops. Can anyone tell I was in a hurry when I wrote that last post? Too late to edit it now, sorry. :/

Dark Archive

On 21, Smith, weapon drawn, readies for the oncoming zombie!!

On 20, Vaghn readies his whip..

On 17, Creel readies his halberd and concentrates....

On 12, Madeline, weapon drawn, readies for the oncoming zombie!!

On 6, Rendel will draw his weapon...

On 1d20 ⇒ 6, the things notice you and begin to lurch forward...

The men... and as they get closer it becomes evident that they were, once, very much men, shamble forward, it becomes evident that these are only the shadows of their former selves, walking, dead versions of the humble farmers they once were.

It takes them close to 20 seconds to reach you, once they are moving. You each have plenty of time to determine what they are. Between you, it's evident! These are zombies!

The one in the fore, still covered in fresh blood, reaches out as it moves toward you. It doesn't appear strong or smart enough to move and strike, giving each of you an ample opportunity to prepare for the assault.

Only those who has a reach weapons will get AoO as the zombies move forward.

The Exchange

Owner of Storm Bunny Studios, LLC
Vaghn der Grafft wrote:

[spoiler=RGM]Sorry, didn't mean to step on toes. That is why I said "when they get close enough"; I figure once they are up close and personal no perception check is required. And my Knowledge (religion) check was actually too low for anything with a DC higher than 0 (DC 10.5 for zombies), so both Vaghn and I were just guessing. If you like I can have him add: "Or maybe ghouls? Vampires? Ooh, I hope they're not vampires..." :P

[i]Vaghn has no idea what is going on, so he awkwardly grabs his whip and waits.[/ooc]

Well, it's a little late now. No worries. I need to remember to put stuff like this in the OOC thread anyway!! I know no harm was intended!


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

Smith steps up and swings.

Att Roll:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Dam Roll:1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

No reach weapon but if this counts as a charge (and zombies have that neat double move charge loophole as they only get the one action) then please consider the axe braced for impact.

Not sure if I should be rolling the attack now or not. Will wait for word. Also I am assuming I am smelling the evil in them as well as the dog tartar and eu de dead?


Male Human Inquisitor 2

No reach weapon but is it possible for me to simply ready an action to sword a face off?

Dark Archive

As the zombies shamble forward, Mr. Smith steps up, waits for the advantage, and brings his maul down - nearly slamming one of the things to the ground!! It continues to moan, not done completely in by the blow. It shambles forward.

Rendel, still with seconds to spare, readies his blade! When the zombies come within striking distance....

Creel:
Yes, they are evil. They stink badly of it, in fact.

ALL - the zombies are now within reach. Everyone may attack. This is what you see. You are in a line. So are the zombies. Attacks are 1 for 1 unless you move around to flank a zombie. I'm at work and can't set up a map, sorry.

Zombie #1 faces Madeline and Smith. It is injured badly.

Zombie #2 faces Rendel, who is ready with a sword.

Zombie #3 faces Creel, who is ready with his halberd.

Zombie #4 faces Vaghn, who is probably thinking his whip is not a great idea at this point...

Each of you may attack!


Male Human Inquisitor 2

It occurs to me I could have been zappign them with Disrupt Undead this whole time. Oh well. Slicey slicey!

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Attack
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Damage

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Crit Confirm
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Crit Damage


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

"Vaghn, behind me!"

Assuming the academic steps back a pace Creel will sidestep into Vaghn's former location.

This means I delay until Vaghn right? The whole dance can be done with 5' steps so no AOO's if I am understanding the rules properly. This does open up a one space alley between Rendal and Creel with Vaghn at the back of it, I almost hope one of them tries to lurch down it.
In any case attacking Zom 4.
Attack with Halberd 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14. Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10.

Look crude pseudo maps!

Madeline Smith Rendal Creel Vaghn
..............I.............I..........I.........I
..........Zom1.......Zom2...Zom3...Zom4

After the Vaghn dance

...................................Vaghn
Madeline Smith Rendal............Creel
..............I.............I..........I.........I
..........Zom1.......Zom2...Zom3...Zom4


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline takes a 'Five Foot Step', the better to gain the flank on the monstrosity that her Manservant has nearly dispatched.

Att Roll:1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10(Plus 2 from flanking)

Dam Roll:1d8 ⇒ 5

As she seems to make more of a show with her elegant sword than actual damage.

"Hmmm...it would seem 'Monettes' technique is insufficient for nonliving foes..."" She muses quietly to herself.

Does Smith get a 'Normal' attack?


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

At Creel's urging, Vaghn steps behind the line. He then readies his buckler, just in case, and lashes out at the legs of one of their foes!

5' step, move action to ready buckler, standard action to trip Zombie #3.

Trip attempt 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Dark Archive

Look for an update later tonight (your time), tomorrow AM my time.

Dark Archive

Smith follows up his attack with another devastating attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22! He deals 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 to it. The creature does not move.

Vaghn attempts to trip one of the zombies, but fails to catch its leg. He follows Creel's command, slipping behind him and then readies his buckler. He looks a little worried.

Creel, for his part, does not. He brings up his halberd and swings hard, cleaving into the soft zombie flesh with minimal effort. He takes off part of the thing's arm, nearly destroying it. The thing sways slightly, obviously weakened from the attack.

Madeline, seeing Smith still attacking his fallen foe, follows suit. She thrusts downward with her Aldori dueling blade, striking the thing in the chest and finishing it!

Madeline:
Yes, Smith gets to attack again in his initiative! Last attack was from the AoO. I've taken the liberty of resolving that attack for you. Additionally, you also hit and dealt damage to your opponent, who was prone (you received a +4 to hit said opponent, which you did not calculate).

Emboldened by a need to destroy these foul, undead abominations, Rendel steps forward, pivots hard on his left foot, and brings his blade horizontal - decapitating the zombie before him with a single blow!

The remaining two zombies, their hunger as unnatural as their lives, press forward. The first leaps toward Creel, swinging its one good arm at his throat, but missing! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9, 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.

Creel half-steps back, setting up for another swing.

The second, moves toward Rendel, swinging wildly! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13, 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7. It, too, misses, although just barely. Rendel, up close and personal, brings his sword up for another attack!!

Two zombies remain, ALL may attack again. I'll assume there will be flanking this round, as well!!


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Determined to aid his friends, Vaghn lashes out once more.

Trip Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

With his concentration on the walking corpse, he does not notice the loose stone that he steps on, causing him to temporarily lose his balance and nearly drop his whip. He hopes everyone is too busy to notice this embarrassing event...

Using Creel's diagram above, I believe zombies 1 and 2 are down, zombie 4 is damaged, and zombie 3 is the one I tried to trip last round. Not that it matters, since I failed so badly, but if Smith moves up and drops zombie 3 on his initiative then my trip attempt was against zombie 4. If not, it was against zombie 3. Game on!

Dark Archive

Vaghn:
Yup, that's right. Zom 4 is badly injured and Zom 3 is untouched.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Salutes* Thank'e kindly Master DM, Sir. (^_^)

Round 2:

Smith steps into position and swings against one of the remaining Undead.

Att Roll:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26

Dam Roll:1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Madeline moves into a position to take the best advantage of her manservant's valiant display of martial prowess.

Att Roll:1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 = 19

Dam Roll:1d8 ⇒ 1

Well...at lest Madeline gets points for 'style'... :P


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Pressing onward a prayer on his lips Rendel cleaves through the first zombie steps forward and brings his father's blade on a second one attacking creel.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Attack
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Damage

Dark Archive

And... like that... the combat is over.

Your group takes a moment to survey the area and, convinced no other zombies are in the area, relaxes.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madelaine crouches and pokes at the remains with the tip of her sword.

"Truly, where these locals...or something else..." She ponders her thoughts out loud with a whisper.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"Which, if they were...who were they, to which such a question leads onto a whole host of other, rather nasty, problems and implications..." Her voice trails off.

Smith stands protectively over his Mistress...

1,451 to 1,500 of 4,956 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.