Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


1,301 to 1,350 of 4,956 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Creel's face is grim as he gathers up axe and sword for the trip to the church. If there are no answers to be found......


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Making sure he has all his essentials in place (and his hair properly combed and stuffed under his hat), Vaghn bids Kendra a good day and blithely makes his way to meet with Father Grimburrow.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

TheReplacementGM:
To help move things along (^_~).

Madeline, having Smith making sure Tharnik is 'safe', checks him as best she can. Making him as comfortable as she can, given the circumstances.

She then hurries upstairs and explain the poor fellow's plight to Kendra. Madeline suggests Kendra quietly and surreptitiously seeks aid from the Priests perhaps in easing Tharnik's pains.

Madeline dons her coat and takes down her hat and wide belt with its fancy sword after having some quiet words with the Lady Kendra. Smith follows his Mistress', coming to stand by the front door with his hat held gently in both hands.

"Well...shall we be off for a jaunty round of the grounds?" Madeline asks casually her voice sounding cheerful, though there is some strain evident in her tone.

Dark Archive

You walk to the Church of Pharasma quietly - each of you deep in thought - as the sun starts to slowly cut through the fog of midmorning. All around you, birds in small flocks call out to one another, darting from bare trees to the ground as they do. Here and there, they retreat to the safety of the barren homes. While the skies are still grey, you can see bits of blue that are trying to poke through, but seem to be failing.

As you walk up the stone path that leads to the church, bells toll. All around you, the birds stop their singing. The bell tolls ten times. A few minutes later, the birds begin to once again chirp.

As you approach the church, you notice acolytes speaking quietly here and there. A few townsfolk - dressed in the traditional black garb of the church - linger about. A few have their children with them, all of them dressed nicely.

Father Grimburrow stands by the door, ushering people inside.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn waits until Grimburrow is not immediately occupied, then steps up to greet him.

"Good morning to you, Father!"


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel feels somewhat uncomfortable in such dreary surroundings and dour proceedings. Feeling the invader he let's the mroe comfortable adn mroe local Vaughn do the speaking for now.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Under his breath, mainly to Rendel. "We seem to have come just in time for a service, or a furneal."


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Muttering to Creel he tries not to be heard. "With Pharasmans who can tell?"


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline sighs, absently adjusting the scarf beneath her hat as she continues to walk towards the congregation with the group.

"Should we partake? Or continue with our stole around 'The Grounds' and come back after?" She asks.

Dark Archive

Although he's busy talking to a couple dressed in black, Father Grimburrow hears Vaghn call out and waves to your group. He smiles briefly before returning to his conversation.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Hmm... any idea what is going on?
Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Dark Archive

Vaghn:
Given the time of day and his dress, you're fairly certain Father Grimburrow is welcoming in people for the tenday service.


"Ah hells, I ought to have dressed nicer." Anyone who thought on that statement might have realized that Dortlin probably didn't own anything that might qualify for being described as nice. He glanced about as though looking for somewhere he might escape to. "Don't know why he didn't say nothin' 'bout this yesterday," he groused to himself.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Fair enough.

Vaghn will file in and attend the service, hoping for a chance to speak with Father Grimburrow when it is finished.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline will definitely hesitate,

"Um...Gentlemen? I thought our other matters were a tad more pressing...?" She asks quietly, "We seem to have a gruesome person lurking about the shadows at night, Tharnik....ill...Should not our investigations continue..?" She asks, even as she offers a light smile to Father Grimburrow,

Diplomacy:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Some what spoiled by all of her concerns...

Dark Archive

So, you guys attending or not. Let me know ASAP...


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Definitely not wanting to....It would mean removing my hat..and possibly scarf. Not something a Summoner and their Eidolon want happening in such a superstitious place. Plus, I did kind of think time being of the essence? The bad guys have a lead on us. Should we not want to try and narrow it down? Much cheers to every one. (^_^)


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel will not. Being raised inside what is essentially a religious military base his entire life gives him the feeling that a church to a neutral god wouldn't have the requisite combat drills, hymns with swords raised, and that old timey religion.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Character-wise Vaghn would wait so that he has the chance to secure the church's aid and do some more research. Of course, he is the sort of person who would keep on researching the problem until it is practically biting his head off, so take that as you will. :P
Player-wise, I'll do whatever the group/GM wants to do in order to move the story along. I am curious to see what is at Harrowstone... but then, I'm also curious to know what is up with that haunted crypt and see if I can find any pertinent info about the other famous inmates and the warden too...

Dark Archive

Noted. I'd like to move the plot forward if possible. If you're up to speaking with Father Grimburrow, by all means, do so. But let's not linger too long on this scene.


Dortlin continued to stroll right on by the church in a fashion he hoped conveyed that he had other things to do and his not attending was a perfectly natural course. Sitting in on church service was not high on his list of favorite activities, even at the best of times, and now as he strolled up the road kitted for action could hardly be considered that.

I agree other things to do, we can always go to Harrowstone for a peek around and then come back after the service.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

If invited to attend Creel would be very hard pressed to say no. I douby he would enjoy the proceedings feeling them empty of greater purpose but he would not want to offend Grimburrow. That said he will not press the matter as he is not a member of the congragation and there may well be rules about heretics attending services.

"The good Father is likely to be occupied for a time. How will we put this morning to the best use? A return to that false space? A talk with the sheriff? Or a morning constitutional out to Harrowstone to see it in clean daylight?"

My vote is either a second look at the false crypt or a scouting of the prision.

Dark Archive

Vaghn starts making his way to the church, then, seeing his companions turn away, reluctantly does the same and follows along, trusting in their combined experience.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

A morning constitutional around the prison grounds would be my vote.


"Let's just get on to this Harrowstone place," Dortlin muttered out of the side of his mouth. The prospect of nearly having had to attend a worship service seemed to have put him out of sorts.


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel follows behind the others giving one last passing glance at the dour church goers before shaking his head sadly and moving on.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

So... it would appear our heroes are going to Harrowstone. Time for the pain to begin. :P


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Well it had to happen eventually. Time to get murdered by all the haunts i'm sure are there. :P

Dark Archive

So, the prison it is....

Your trip to Harrowstone is relatively peaceful. Although the day is a perennial gray, with listless clouds hanging overhead, it remains relatively dry. In the distance, you can hear the occasional bird call out - "caw, caw..."

Outside the Gates:

A sagging wood and metal gate set between a pair of stone guard towers once barred entrance into Harrowstone, but the gates now hang negligently open, creaking softly in what wind touches the ruined bars.

Inside the Gates:
A two-story stone building looms in the center of the prison grounds. Ivy and moss cling tenaciously to the walls, while above the wooden shingles of the roof are often missing entirely, exposing the wooden rafters of the upper structure to the sky. Here and there, leering stone gargoyles perch on the eaves, once functioning as drainspouts and decorations but now seeming almost to serve a more ominous role of sentinels. Many of these stone decorations have crumbled away and lie in ruined piles on the soggy ground below. Windows in the building’s facade are narrow and blocked by grills of rusty iron bars. Stone columns support a slumping wooden balcony over the building’s wooden front doors, both of which hang askew and reveal dark glimpses of chambers within.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

"Before entering into, onto the grounds themselves..." Madeline hesitates upon the gravel of the road/track. "Have we time for a walk around the perimeter?" She asks.

Haven't read more than the gate description. *Bows*


"Can't hurt. Shouldn't take that long."

Dortlin glanced around the area near the gates, looking for any signs of recent activity.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21.

Dark Archive

Dortlin, Madeline, and Smith (and anyone else walking the perimeter....:

The main entrance to Harrowstone, which lies on its southwestern corner, gives way to rough grasses, old stone walls, and a few of towers that silently stand guard over the ruins. While most of the perimeter is clear of debris or markings, you do note that the wall surrounding the complex is ruined along most of its eastern side. Toward the southeastern corner, this wall merges with a murky pond. The pond itself extends slightly beyond where the wall once stood.

The pond does not appear natural, but instead looks like some large, collapsed crater. At its widest point, it is nearly 300 ft from north to south. From east to west, it is some 100 ft or so. Its muddy banks display only animal tracks.

Otherwise, nothing about the perimeter strikes you.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline upon her observations.

"Hmm...that does not bode well...."

Spoiler:
Madeline would edge closer to said pond. Seeing how it interacts with the walls of the edifice the group is walking around. Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Nor does her ability to see anything, (-_-)


"Place looks like somewhere bandits would hole up, I reckon that's ironical. Anyway. I'm thinkin' it's time to have a look inside."

Dortlin headed back toward the gate, he paused outside, he found his gaze drifting back and forth between the foundations and tops of the structures as he recalled both the mentions in the journal of strange etchings and the method of Lorrimor's demise. Collecting himself, he cracked his neck and reached out for the gate.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Shaking mud from her boots Madeline follows Dortlin, her hand hovering over her sword belted at her waist. She peers at the wall and structures holding the remains of the gate ajar.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Smith stands behind his Mistress...looking about but also looking slightly bored.

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel doesn't need tos tudy it carefully to guess what happened to the wall. "It appears someone used a rather powerful explosive on the wall." He says. "This is inline with the prison break we've researched. Though I can't help but wonder about what kind of magic was used that was strong enough to shatter this wall and yet simple enough to be smuggled inside a prison?"


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline frowns....(Knowledge Engineering: Take ten =16) and her lips purse in a 'mue'.

"If...that is...as you say..." Her eyes trace across the line of the wall taking note of the edges and the lay of the masonry about the gap. "Then...why aren't there more stones scattered farther away?' She peers about, outwards towards the (Possibly) nearby treeline.

"No...I think it more natural subsidence, the land here is soft and rich for farming. Though, if there is a basement, I fear our clothes might need a good laundering afterwards..." She offers a grin as she tries to add some brevity to their endeavors.


Male Human Inquisitor 2
Madeline Peshtussle wrote:

Madeline frowns....(Knowledge Engineering: Take ten =16) and her lips purse in a 'mue'.

"If...that is...as you say..." Her eyes trace across the line of the wall taking note of the edges and the lay of the masonry about the gap. "Then...why aren't there more stones scattered farther away?' She peers about, outwards towards the (Possibly) nearby treeline.

"Do you really think such good working stone would be left lying about with the town nearby? However I am willing to admit it's a sinkhole that has appeared. It would make sense of the fire weakened any foundations under the prison."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods and takes Rendel's ideas 'on board', though still looking at the gates and the space the group is contemplating passing through.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

"I agree it does look like something collapsed below. Have to take care if we look down stairs. We'll be below that water and would not want to accidently open a door into a flooded room."
"Well fools and angels as they say. Time to go in."

Creel pushes the gate open and walks in.
"What an ungly building. I am suprised that the townsfolk haven't pulled it down and put the stone to better use."

RGM: you mentioned towers? Could you say a bit more about these? Are they simple platform and ladder watch towers or the whole shebang in stone with internal stairs and rooms?


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods at Creel's words, slowly and calmly draws her sword and follows him into the grounds.

Smith simply walks silently behind his Mistress.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn is uncharacteristically silent as he warily eyes the prison's walls. He may not believe that his friend and mentor had actually been killed by unstable masonry, but that certainly does not preclude such a fate for himself and his current companions. He carefully eyes each structure as they approach, looking for signs of structural weakness.

Spoiler:
Take 10 on Knowledge (engineering) checks whenever applicable, total of 18.

Dark Archive

Engineering Checks:
Vaghn and Madeline both realize that, in addition to rubble blown back from the wall, the pattern of the blocks is consistent with ages of decay and a weakened foundation. While an explosion is certainly possible - you doubt it's the cause in this case.

As you look toward the main gate, you realize a lot of this structure lacks stability. The gargoyles that litter the wall stare down menacingly, but also stand atop the strongest parts of the wall, occupying corners of the wall that look to be the strongest.

As you pass through the main gate, you pass under a wooden platform that you are all but sure is very, very unsafe.

A sagging wood and metal gate set between a pair of stone guard towers once barred entrance into Harrowstone, but the gates now hang negligently open, creaking softly in what wind touches the ruined bars.

As you examine the rest of the structure - pushing through the old, rusty gates - the age and decay of the place washes over you. In fact, for a moment, time seems to slip back, coming to a sudden halt.

I need each of you to make a DC 12 Will save.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Oh..bugger...

Madeline Will Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Smith Will Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel refuses to be dragged into a flashback unless he has narrative control.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Oh, is it time to run away again? I'm good at that!

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Oh! Maybe not this time. Good, I get to stick around to be eaten by a grue...

Dark Archive

So, did Creel and Smith run away?? ;)

Dark Archive

Passed your save:
A sudden wave of claustrophobia washes over you, the walls suddenly crumbling toward you as the courtyard catches aflame. And then, it's over. You feel normal and shake it off.

Failed your save:
A sudden wave of claustrophobia washes over you, the walls suddenly crumbling toward you as the courtyard catches aflame. And then, it's over. You feel normal and shake it off. You are Shaken for 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 rounds.

Dark Archive

Vaghn der Grafft wrote:
Good, I get to stick around to be eaten by a grue...

Bahahahahha... bring plenty of torches...


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Sorry here but suffering with a nasty flu. Will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14.

Creel stands resolute as the phantom flames sweep past.
In a flat matter-of-fact voice "This is a very bad place. It will need to be torn down."

1,301 to 1,350 of 4,956 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.