Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


1,251 to 1,300 of 4,956 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

I think during his watch Dortlin will have tried to crack the lock on that book unless someone stops him. (The Palpatine Eye, or some such, I'm too lazy at the particular juncture to go back and look). He'll take 20 for a 28.

Dortlin lay in whatever corner he had tucked himself away, listening to the murmur of the conversation floating in from the kitchen, trying to get some sense of who it was, and what the conversation might be about.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23.


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel glares at Vaughn before simply entering the kitchen.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline awakens:
Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Will Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Madeline rolls over beneath the covers as the morning light rouses her from sleep. She sighs, relaxing for a short while and enjoying the quiet here at the start of the new day.

As the memories of the previous night and day's events begin to crowd behind her eyes, she grimaces before rising and then getting herself and her Manservant presentable for the events that are unfolding around her.

She moves through her ablutions quickly and thoroughly, dressing briskly, then helping Smith with his own bathing donning of attire.

Madeline walks briskly down the stairs, smiling and nodding to any one that she passes,

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Before entering the Kitchen.

"Good morning!" (^_^)

Cheliax

Dortlin:
You work carefully and diligently, but still find yourself unable to best the lock barring access to the book. You know for certain that it's a well-built lock. You suspect you'll need more skill and, quite possibly, better tools.

Dortlin wanders down from upstairs, but even as he does, he hears Madeline announce herself to the guests there.You walk into the kitchen to see...

Madeline enters the kitchen, followed shortly be Rendel and Vaghn - the latter still appearing sleepy. Rendel, for his part, looks mildly annoyed - but you've all come to expect that.

Kendra is sitting in the kitchen, sharing tea with a tall man that you recognize as the sheriff. They seem to be friendly and you immediately get the feeling he's 'following up' on Kendra and her new guests (namely, you). When you enter, the two stand briefly, smile, and then Kendra offers all of you some tea.

The man standing across her nods and greets you, as well. "Name's Benjamin Cæller, but most folks around these parts just call me Ben. Came round' early in the morning to check on things and to ask ya'll a few questions if ya don't mind. We ain't really got a lot of time to chat since ya'll arrived, so I thought, 'now's a good a time as eva."

He smiles again, motioning for each of you to sit. Kendra pulls up additional chairs and sets tea and biscuits down in front of each of you.

After you sit, Ben says, "So, I hear ya'll were out late last night. Mind telling me whatch ya'll was doin?"


Male Human Inquisitor 2

....oh crap.

"Aiding the professor." Rendel says without hesitation indicating the blurry eyed stumbling Vaughn as he takes a seat at the table. "He was following up on some research of Kaendra's father and we made sure nothing untoward happened to the man as he stumbled around in the dark trying to study the monument. We found it vandalized by a single individual though we don't know who."

Taking a vitalizing sip from his tea he continues. "Afterwards we heard wolf howls coming from the inn. Already wary of the wolf attacks from before we went to investigate and found nothing save some figure escaping into the dark. Beyond that there's nothing else to say."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline would curtsy properly to the Sheriff's greetings before giving Kendara a reassuring pat on the arm as she takes her pace at the table and primly sips at her the tea offered.

Smith just takes up a place behind his Mistress.

Madeline looks on as Rendel summarizes the previous evenings events succinctly.


Dortlin scratched at the sparse stubble on his chin as he wandered in. Slightly disheveled and without the light armor he'd been wearing up through yesterday to hide the faded, sweat stained shirt he wore underneath he was quite the sight. Also he could have probably done with a bath. "Damned wolves! I tell you I was attacked by a couple of them evil creatures on my way here? It's probably more than fair to say I was lucky to come away unscathed. Then I got to town here and found out the whole place had done been overrun. Anyway. It'd be a terrible shame if one of them wolves got somebody. I couldn't abide that. Especially if I was to hear them comin' first. Gives me the shudders just thinkin' about it. Anyway. A man would be a damn fool to go around here at night without somethin' to protect himself." Dortlin had plunked himself down at the table mid discourse, when he finished he picked up a cup of tea and sniffed it experimentally, regarded it thoughtfully, and then set it back down untasted, instead he opted to devour a biscuit with great relish.

Cheliax

The sheriff listens to all of you and then replies, "Wolves have been an issue, but I'm a little more concerned with our vandal at the moment. About the time ya'll was wandering around last night, ol' man Gharn's farm lost a sheep to what we suspect is your vandal, cept' he found his sheep cut up with ritual marken's all over it an' hangin' upside down in his barn. As ya'll might imagine, he's a bit upset."


Dortlin let out a low whistle, or at least tried to, around a mouthful of biscuit. "That's terrible!" he cried with muffled exclamation, before swallowing hard and clearing the way for his gravelly voice with a small cough. "What sort of markin's was it? This ever happen around here afore?"


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Will Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Madeline blanches at the Sheriff's words, reaching out to out a comforting/supporting hand upon Kendra's arm even as a slightly unsteady hand replaces the tea-cup to its saucer.

She glances to Rendel.


Male Human Inquisitor 2

"If I were the farmer. I'd be glad it was the sheep and not me." Rendel says calmly taking another sip. "Well you are standing in a room full of people who tend to know what they're talking about when it comes to "ritual markings" so feel free to describe them. Though I sincerely doubt anyone here will like what you describe."

Cheliax

The Sheriff looks at Rendel and raises an eyebrow.

"Whatcha mean, extactly? Ya'll didn't strike me as the sorts to keep with cults. And I'm sure nothing like this has happened since for' I was a boy. But this is strange tidings, with the Professor's passing, ya'll's appearance, wolves attacking, and... wait... wasn't there a few more of ya'll? I recall a dwarf, another man, and an ugly sucker.. part orc I think, here a few days back. What happened to them? Where'd they run off to?"


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"Oh my, oh my. This is not good. I will need to take a look at that sheep... I hope he has not moved it... probably sheep's blood used to paint the letter..."

Vaghn blinks owlishly over the rim of his mug of tea.

"Oh, those gentlemen..." He glances furtively at Rendel.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

"So am I the other man or the ugly sucker?" Creel wanders down to the gathering. His hair still slightly wet from the tin bath.

"Sorry, overslept. Your accomidations are quite comfortable Madam. Thank you again for allowing us to stay."

"One of companions proved to be here under a false flag as it were. He intercepted an invitation and when things started to get a little odd he helped himself to what he could carry and decamped. Mr. Azduum, the dwarf, set off on his trail. I do not doubt he will find the rogue."

Creel turns to Rendel
"But there is one of our number absent. Sir Bladetwist, would you mind going downstairs to se if Mr. Black Sun is able to join us? I know he wanted an early start but the sun is up now and he really should take a break."

To Ben.
"No we do not keep with cults. Sir Bladetwist and Myself are associated with the church of Iomedae and so we have a professional interest in freeing people from cults. The others gathered here are largely academics and so have at least a passing familiarity with the foolishness that misguided people sometimes get up to. We did see some of your vandals work though. The statue honoring those who died at Harrowstone was defaced last night. The letter "V" was daubed on in blood. Possably from that poor sheep now that you mention it."


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Nodding Rendel allows the paladin to take over while he checks on Tharnik.

Cheliax

Benjamin looks at Creel for a moment, considering his words. He doesn't immediately reply, but instead seems to weigh the reply in his mind. After a moment, he smiles and says, "Well, ya'll are smart going on the path of Iomedae then. I keep a shrine to her myself. I noticed ya'll wear her sign, or at least that one does.".

He points at Rendel then continues.

"Well, I suspect I can ask ol' man Gharn bout' his sheep and see if he wants ya'll to come out by. For me, I reckon your word is straight enough right now. I'll leave ya'll to Miss Kendra. Have a good morning then."

With that, Benjamin gets up, nods to Kendra, and then walks out. A moment later, you here the front door open and close.

Kendra smiles and says, "He's a good man that means well. I think, however, he's in a little over his head with cults and my father's murder."

Rendel:
You light a candle and descend the stairs, only to find Tharnik slumped over in his basement chair. He's still tied up. He doesn't appear to be moving.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

At Kendra's mentioning of the passing of her father, Madeline again pats her arm in a comforting and reassuring way.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 (Comfort/Reassure Kendra)

"Well, I wonder what this vandalism means?" She looks to the others to see if they have any ideas upon the matter.

Her own general knowledge/Intelligence on the matter:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 (Though I am unsure whether it would be Dungeoneering, Nature, Local, Religion...?


Male Human Inquisitor 2

GM:
Turning on a light Rendel tries to ascertain the condition of Tharnik without touching him getting close enough to observe but not close enough to get within biting reach. Quietly closiing the door behind him he quietly inquires. "Tharnik? Are you yourself?"

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Heal
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Perception


Dortlin considered Madeline's inquiry for a moment. "Well...we got a cult, they're into the necromantical arts or whatever you call it, somethin' seems to be going on up at that prison, and now they're markin' up that statue for the people what died there..." Dortlin gave a gruff little laugh, "Maybe they're tryin' to rile up their spirits."

"Or maybe not," he said with a shrug. "I don't know."

"Anyway. We ought take a look around up at the Harrowstone place after we help out the Father."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline tilts her head, even as her expression grows more grim.

"So...there are perhaps agents of these nefarious ones...left behind?" She again gives Kendra's arm another reassuring squeeze.

"We should perhaps be further on our guard then, with who knows what lurking still within the shadows."

Diplomacy:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 (Again to reassure Kendra)

She stands and absently brushes down her dress.

"So, Gentlemen, to what tasks should we bend out efforts to today?" She asks.

Cheliax

Kendra smiles weakly up at Madeline, her eyes slightly wet. She says, "I'll be fine, thank you Madeline. Your concern is very much appreciated."

Rendel:
You don't see Tharnik moving, or if he is, it's hard to tell. Your knowledge of healing, being slightly limited at this juncture, doesn't offer much in the way of explanation. You think he may just be exhausted. His breath is shallow, coming in slightly gasps.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline returns Kendra's smile, before turning back to the others and awaiting they discourse upon the plan of action.


Male Human Inquisitor 2

GM:
Rendel ponders his options. If Tharnik starts to make a commotion the sheriff would hear. But Tharnik is not in the best of health right now. For now he decides to leave the half orc be. "Take care, Tharnik. The full moon is two days left. By then you should be yourself once more. I will see what we can do to get you food and water. I believe the professor's are working on a cure for your ailment."

Rendel heads back up the stairs.

Cheliax

Rendel:
Tharnik does not respond.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"Hmm... well, there is more research to be done. I intend on knowing everything there is to know about Harrowstone, it's former inmates, and it's former guards before we wander in there. Forewarned is forearmed and all that. Not to mention, I may come across a cure for poor Tharnik. If you need me, I intend on visiting the temple's library again."


"Well Grimburrow asked us to come back today, I think we ought to start there. I still don't quite get why all that kit was just sittin' out in the open in that tomb like that, someone else had been there already, so why just leave it?"


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

"So, to Master Grimburrow's first? Then, afterwards perhaps, a stroll around the edifice of Harrowstone? Get an eye for the lay of the land there?" Madeline suggests brightly.


Male Human Inquisitor 2
_Dortlin_ wrote:
"Well Grimburrow asked us to come back today, I think we ought to start there. I still don't quite get why all that kit was just sittin' out in the open in that tomb like that, someone else had been there already, so why just leave it?"

"The professor merely took what he needed." Rendel said. "It was left their with the purpose of aiding others against the undead. In a land like this I would not be surprised if the church of Iomedae, Pharasma, or even Sarenrae did not have hundreds of such cache's hidden throughout in a worst case scenario. Tharnik is still sleeping off last nights misadventures. Perhaps someone should bring him down some food?"

Rendel looks towards Creel.


Dortlin glanced around over his shoulder as Rendel came into the room. "Maybe. Lorrimor the sort of fellow to just leave open boxes lying around?" Dortlin shrugged as though it didn't matter much and continued. "Anyway. Maybe we ought wake up Tharnik and make sure he's in his right mind afore we set about our work."


Dortlin grabbed a few morsels from the table for Tharnik. Considering the half-orc's condition for a moment he made to lay his hands on a fair helping of meat and then headed toward the basement.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods and Smith walks off following in Dortlin's tracks.

Cheliax

Dortlin and Madeline:
Reaching the basement, you see Tharnik is still in the same place as you left him last night. A careful inspection reveals he's breathing, but his breaths are coming in shallow, wispy gasps. He stirs slightly as you walk in, red eyes peering up from half-closed lids. His head lulls from one side to the next.


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

Smith frowns at the sight and state of Tharnik...

"This looks...bad." So saying he turns and quickly hurries back up to inform his Mistress.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD
Rendel Bladetwist wrote:


"... Tharnik is still sleeping off last nights misadventures. Perhaps someone should bring him down some food?"

Rendel looks towards Creel.

"Yes.. We should also think about some more comfortable restraints. Find a way to keep him warm at least....Maybe bound to a bed or into some kind of hammock. How much rope do we have?"


In the basement...:

"Hey...how're you feelin'? I brought you some food. I reckon your hungry."

Standing a little back from him Dortlin watched Tharnik carefully as he spoke, trying to gauge just how bad his condition was.

Cheliax

Dortlin & Madeline:
Give me a Heal check, followed up by a Perception check. Smith can give me a Perception check (but not a heal check).


GM:

Here's some rolls for you.

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 15.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Quickly returning to the basement with his Mistress in tow...

TheReplacmentDM:
Madeline has no Healing skills.

Madeline Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Smith Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Cheliax

In the Basement:
As all of you study Tharnik, you can see he's breathing - but that his breaths are coming in shallow, light gasps. You can tell he's struggling. There is a great deal of sweat on his brow.

You're not positive, but you're fairly certain whatever change he's struggling through, his body is suffering for it. You can't be certain without further investigating his symptoms, something all of you suspect might be dangerous.

Dortlin:
You notice Tharnik's eyes have very dark, almost black rings around them. His veins appear to be darker than you noticed before, as well.

Sorry I was late to post. It's been an insane week for me at work.

Cheliax

Hey guys. Is it safe to assume people are loosing interest in this? I've been trying to keep up with it as best I can, but I'm seeing greater and greater lapses from the player side, as well. Should we shelve this PbP?


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

I am definitely still interested. I just don't want to 'over post'. Count me still very interested, perhaps t'is Real Life slowing people down? Much cheers to every one.


Dortlin glanced at Madeline. "He don't look good. I think he needs a calmative or somethin' to ease his hurtin'." He set down the tray of food next to step, "I wouldn't get too close," and then ran back upstairs.

The steady thump of someone quickly ascending a set of stair proceeded Dortlin's arrival in the kitchen. "Any of y'all know anything about healin' or medicine or anythin'? He don't look so good."


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Still here. Just quite at a loss what to do at this point. Seems nothing left to do except go to harrowstone. I have a few ideas but I've lots fo things going on which preclude me from taking a lead in any games im not currently running.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Also here, Also at a loss. Harrowstone seems the logical next step unless the folks with decent research skills want to khit the books. The problen with that is that as a group we cannot afford the fees that it will take. So a less-than-prepared trip to Harrowstone looks to be the next step and I for one am a tad fearful of going in without knowing more. That and RL is hitting rather hard at the moment, but I do want to keep this going and URGE Madeline to take the lead right now. Overposting be damned;7)

Creel Stoops close to his friend and makes an examination.

Orcish:
"It'a all right Tharnik. Let me have a look at you..."
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12.
Heal 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11.

Cheliax

Just been waiting for the scene in the basement to rap up so that we can proceed to meet with Grimburrow. Vaghn would prefer to continue researching (the church did not charge us any fees!), but if the rest of the group thinks it is time to explore Harrowstone he will go along.

In RL, I am currently in a production so I have had less free time than usual, plus my laptop was in the shop for a couple weeks, but I am certainly interested in continuing this game! Wish it moved a little more quickly, but that is what you get when dealing with PBP games.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

A Dm's quick resolve of the basement scene is an acceptable thing for me, to move things along. *Bows*

Cheliax

Good to know. Let's move this puppy along then...

Basement:
Tharnik looks about, momentarily gaining consciousness, and says, "Ughhh... I'm changing. I can feel it in my blood. Please... help... please.... hellll......." and then collapses again.

You see a bit of blood drop from the corner of his mouth. He doesn't look good.

After several minutes, he starts to snore gently...

Kitchen:
Kendra looks at each of you and says, "I think I should do some research today. I'll look through my father's library and see if he has anything on Lycanthropy. Meanwhile, why don't you continue on with your plans. I don't think we'll be able to do much for Tharnik just sitting here."

Then she gets up, smiles, and starts upstairs.

Cheliax

Checking in....


"Well, situation can't be helped, standin' around ain't gonna do no one no good."

Dortlin snatched a few more morsels of food off the table and stuffed them in his mouth as he set about gathering up his kit.


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Rendel gatehrs his stuff up as well. Lost deep in his own thoughts.

1,251 to 1,300 of 4,956 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.