Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


1,051 to 1,100 of 4,956 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods at Kendra's assessment and quickly heads to her room to gather her equipment.

So, taking a few rounds to kit for bear.

Cheliax

Madeline Peshtussle wrote:
So, taking a few rounds to kit for bear.

Huh?


Male Human Inquisitor 2

"Tharnik's in trouble." Rendel says with a sense of urgency creeping into his tone. "Sir Creel if you wouldn't mind giving me a hand."

With that Rendel barrels into the door with his full weight attempting to bring it down through force.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Strength check.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn worriedly pulls out his whip and makes sure it is untangled as the other men try to break down the door.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3
TheReplacementGM wrote:
Madeline Peshtussle wrote:
So, taking a few rounds to kit for bear.
Huh?

As in 'Change from the evening wear she is currently in with which to properly eat dinner into something with armor and weapon belts etc. (^_^)


Dortlin's good eye darted to the next door over. Taking a quick step in that direction he jerked the door open and peered into the room, spotting what he was looking for he turned to the other men. "See if you can't get that door open, I'll try to climb 'round."

With that he plunged into the room, moving quickly he spotted another window closer to his destination and veered off in that direction. Dortlin threw it open and poked his head out to examine the difficulty of the climb. Satisfied that he could do it, he paused a moment to adjust the simple, well-used knife in his belt so he could reach it easily and then climbed out the window.

Assume that Dortlin is taking 10 unless otherwise becomes necessary. His climb check is +7, feel free to roll for me should it become necessary. He'll do his best to quickly work his way around to the nearest window see to get a look and assess the situation.

Cheliax

Dortlin:
With a practiced urgency, you move out of the window and onto the thin ledge running the length of the manor. With your dagger in your teeth, you work your way around the house, making it to the adjacent window with very little effort. When you look in the window, your heart stops slightly.

Beyond, you see Tharnik doubled over in pain. He's pressing his body up against the door, using a dresser and several other pieces of furniture to impede entry into the room. But there's something different about Tharnik, as well. His eyes are glowing red with a feral light and he seems to be changing into ....something else.

Creel, Rendel:
Even with your combined effort, you are unable to bring the door down. It is a valiant effort and you are sure that it would only take a few more attempts to gain entry. The door feels as if the whole room is pressed against it.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Vaghn watches the men fail to break down the door and curses under his breath.

If you will allow me, gentlemen, I might be able to... ease... things.

So saying he draws a tiny oilcloth bag from a larger pouch on his belt and squeezes from it a drop of oil onto his fingers. At the same time he moves forward, muttering arcane phrases, and peers through the keyhole...

Spellcraft DC16:
Vaghn casts grease on whatever is blocking the doorway.


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

Smith stands behind those at the door and watches on....calmly awaiting for something to do, or of some way to possibly help.


TheReplacementGM:

As he looked in Dortlin could feel his heart quicken and a cold sweat break out across his body. He seemed to deliberate a long moment before steeling himself and carefully slipping the sharp blade back into his belt and, clinging tightly to the latticework with his left hand, fished around in pouch at his side for something with the right. A second later his fingers wrapped around the small but heavy implement of lead and leather. Drawing the sap silently he lifted it to his mouth and grasped the wrist strap in his teeth so both hands were free and made ready to enter.

Is Tharnik sufficiently distracted by the pain he's in/looking elsewhere that Dortlin might feasibly be able to slip in unnoticed. Is the window such that it can be opened from the outside. Is Tharnik armed or in easy reach of a weapon?


Male Human Alchemist 2

Heinrich looks up at Kendra when she reveals the details about the room Tharnik is in.

"Trouble in the attic?" the alchemist frowns, as he pads his pockets to ensure he has his flasks handy.

"Are there other ways into the attic? Perhaps an upstairs window through which something may have crept?"

Cheliax

Dortlin:
The window you are looking through is closed and locked, as per the efforts of your allies a few nights back. Tharnik does not look to be close to a weapon, although he does appear to be growing claws. His body is also sprouting tuffs of gray and white hair and His nose is elongating into a snout. He's growing fangs, as well. He looks to be in a lot of pain, although he's still conscious. Suddenly, you see Tharnik fall, pulling some of the blockade away from the door.

Cheliax

Heinrich Strauss wrote:

Heinrich looks up at Kendra when she reveals the details about the room Tharnik is in.

"Trouble in the attic?" the alchemist frowns, as he pads his pockets to ensure he has his flasks handy.

"Are there other ways into the attic? Perhaps an upstairs window through which something may have crept?"

Kendra looks at you and says, "I don't think so. I think Thanrik had sealed everything up and was only checking on his effort. Has anyone called out to him yet?"

Cheliax

Vaghn der Grafft wrote:

Vaghn watches the men fail to break down the door and curses under his breath.

If you will allow me, gentlemen, I might be able to... ease... things.

So saying he draws a tiny oilcloth bag from a larger pouch on his belt and squeezes from it a drop of oil onto his fingers. At the same time he moves forward, muttering arcane phrases, and peers through the keyhole...

** spoiler omitted **

Your spell takes effect.

Everyone hears the clatter of wood as it collapses to the floor. A large thump rings out, followed by an audible "ughhhhhhh.....


TheReplacementGm:

Dortlin swore under his breath and then smashed in a pane of glass, making to undo the latch and let himself in. As he attempted to make his entrance, he bellowed in that gravelly monotone of his, "Get in here now!"

If he can get in Dortlin will do his best to get to Tharnik and attempt to beat him into unconsciousness with his sap. Here's hoping the pain Tharnik is experiencing is denying his dex bonus.

The sound of breaking glass can perhaps be heard from the blockaded room, followed by what is unmistakeable Dortlin's rough voice hollering at the top of his lungs, "get in here now!"


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

At the shouted command Smith readies himself to assault the door and strike into the room.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

"Now Sir Rendel!

Creel slams into the door beside the inquisitor.

Strength check? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Cheliax

I need Aid another rolls (DC 10) from both Smith and Rendel

Dortlin:
I need a Reflex save, DC 15, to slip in without cutting yourself on the broken glass. If you save, you take no damage. If you fail, you take 1d2 points of slashing damage.

As you break the window and slip into the room, you see Tharnik, mid-transformation, swing around in your direction. He looks confused, in pain, and slightly angry.


Male Half-Orc Oracle 3 DR 5/Silver AC: 16, Flat-footed 16, Touch 10; HP: 18/31; Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +5

"Nooooooooo!!!!!! It's not my fault!! I didn't do this!!!"


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

Aid Another (Str):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 *Crunch!*


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Can we "aid" smith said?

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


TheReplacementGM:

Dortlin pushed in through the broken window, trying his best to avoid the worst of the glass. Brandishing his sap, Dortlin paused to consider the situation he'd put himself into as Tharnik turned toward him, "ah crap...," he muttered. Still he remained undeterred as he hefted the small, but weighty, padded bludgeon and addressed the transforming half-orc, "Sorry, don't matter."

Reflex vs. DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13.
If failed takes 1d2 ⇒ 2 damage.
And if you need it, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6.


Male Human Alchemist 2
TheReplacementGM wrote:
Kendra looks at you and says, "I don't think so. I think Thanrik had sealed everything up and was only checking on his effort. Has anyone called out to him yet?"

Heinrich sighs to himself as he hears the sound of splintering wood and the grunts from above.

"Well it seems that we best attend to whatever is going on up there... either an intruder has broken in, or they are chasing an extraordinarily large rat about..."

Heinrich considers a moment the thought of Creel, Tharnik, Rendel, Dortlin, Smith and Vaghn chasing a lone rodent.

Perhaps it nibbled at some Cheese of Enlargement that the professor was working on?

He doesn't even consider that something might be happening to Tharnik himself as he stands and slowly makes his way up the stairs to investigate the commotion.

Cheliax

I need initiative and a plan of action. So far, it's;

Dortlin = 6


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 15. As far as a plan of action I suppose bashing on the door couls count as a plan.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline's Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Smith's Initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Male Human Inquisitor 2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Plan? Assess situation, kill where appropriate.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Having no idea what to expect on the other side of that door, Vaghn has no current plan, though he holds his whip tightly in hand.

Cheliax

Kendra goes on...1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 and Tharnik goes on 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 or 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 (whichever is better.

Cheliax

Opening Scene.. As the group busts through the door, with weapons drawn and ready, you see Tharnik, half transformed into some sort of hybrid wolf. Silver and white tuffs of hair sprout from his spine, forming a primitive mane that ends in a malformed tail. He shifts about, looking between the broken window - and Dortlin, who proceeds with a heavy-looking sap in hand - and your group.

As your group moves to enter the room, you see Tharnik growl, his glowing red eyes matching his temperament.

"Don't come near me. I'm not what you think I am." He shouts.

Then, with an awkward turn toward the moon, he yelps and stumbles back - obviously still in the midst of changing. He appears to be very much in pain.

"Nooooo....... this is not the way......" He says.

Broken glass, some of it still clinging to Dortlin's cut and bleeding body, lies about the room, creating a sparkling relief on the floor that shines almost maliciously. As you take in the scene, you can make out an overturned candle, sputtering not far from a drape.

On 21, Smith...
On 19, Kendra...
On 16, Tharnik....
On 15, Rendel and Creel....
On 14, Madeline...
On 13, Vaghn....
On 6, Dortlin....

Tactically, the room is relative small and you're all piled into the foyer around the door. link to the upstairs.. Dortlin is 5 feet between the south window and Tharnik, who is standing close to the desk (closer to the door). If combat breaks out, this will be extremely close-quarter combat.


Male Human Alchemist 2

Out of town for the holiday with limited Internet...

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Heinrich will head upstairs.


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

Seeming unfazed by the now furrier Dwarf, Smith strides towards the candle with the intent of putting it out.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline stands at the back of the group, (Possibly with Kendra), peering over people's heads and trying to ascertain what is going on.

Cheliax

'Smith' wrote:

Seeming unfazed by the now furrier Dwarf, Smith strides towards the candle with the intent of putting it out.

Dwarf??


HP: 22 / 33, Init:+1, Perc:+12, Fort:+7,Ref:+3,Will:+4

*Shrug* Most humanoids look alike to me....>_>


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Not reacting jsut yet Rendel surveys the situation and tries his best to determine an appropriate course of action.

First: Perception check to catch any important details about Tharnik's condition or the state of the room to determine jsut what happened here!
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14Perception

Second: Sense motive to figure out the general state of Tharnik and just what the f@#+ is going on with him!
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21Sense Motive

Third: With aforementioned knowledge refer to my knowledge of "weird s%~!" to determine what's going on and decide the best course of action for stopping it.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Dungeoneering
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Arcana
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Religion
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Nature

Add +2 to these rolls if identifying a creature.

Based on the answer I might just run up to him and cast Protection from Evil

This diceroller flat out hates me. Look at that. 6 rolls. 6 rolls and only one is above 10.

Cheliax

Look for a update in a day. It's been sort of busy over here for Turkey Day!

Cheliax

Rendel:
Rendel Bladetwist wrote:


First: Perception check to catch any important details about Tharnik's condition or the state of the room to determine jsut what happened here!
1d20+7Perception

It appears that Tharnik tried to barricade himself in.

Rendel Bladetwist wrote:


Second: Sense motive to figure out the general state of Tharnik and just what the f&** is going on with him!
1d20+8Sense Motive

Tharnik is in a lot of pain, confused, and appears to be changing - although he doesn't appear to be moving to harm anyone. He is eyeing Dortlin, however.

Rendel Bladetwist wrote:


Third: With aforementioned knowledge refer to my knowledge of "weird s*&%" to determine what's going on and decide the best course of action for stopping it.

1d20+5 Dungeoneering
1d20+6 Arcana
1d20+6 Religion
1d20+5 Nature

It appears he has contracted lycanthropy.

Rendel Bladetwist wrote:


Add +2 to these rolls if identifying a creature.

Based on the answer I might just run up to him and cast Protection from Evil

Rendel Bladetwist wrote:


This diceroller flat out hates me. Look at that. 6 rolls. 6 rolls and only one is above 10.

I noticed. Ick.

Cheliax

Tharnik continues to thrash about, breaking objects and stumbling about. He's wrestling with something - and from the looks of him - something physical, as well. As he moves about, he edges away from both Dortlin and Smith, trying to keep several feet between himself and any others....

"It's not my fault... I didn't know...."

A few seconds later, you see Tharnik's eyes flash red, almost as if glowing with an infernal light, and he snarls.

"Get back! Leave me!! Bar the door and leave me!!!"

Kendra lets out a small gasp, obviously concerned.

Round 1, on 21 - Smith's action. I'm not going to map this out, by the way, because the room is really too small to try too much action in. We'll just play this by ear!


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Well f&#% me. Wasn't expecting that today. Don't suppose anyone's got a pair of manacles?


I think Smith's action was to put out the candle before it set the house on fire.

Cheliax

_Dortlin_ wrote:
I think Smith's action was to put out the candle before it set the house on fire.

Good catch. I blame a failed Fort save vs. Too Much Turkey

Smith moves to the candle, edging around Tharnik, and snubs it out.

Kendra, unsure of what to do, steps out into the hall and mutters the words to a spell. A few seconds later, a shimmering field of translucent armor springs up around her. It is barely visible initially, and a second or so later, fades completely from view.

Tharnik edges further back into the corner, taking a swing at Dortlin as he does. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13. Dortlin, quick on his feet, springs backwards, avoiding the claw with relative ease.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

*Nods* Indeed, putting out the flame was the call. *Bows*

Madeline peers into the room and at the sight of Tharnik lets out a small gasp of surprise/shock.

Madeline's Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"Tharnik? What's that you have in your...hands...?" There is but a brief moment of pause in Madeline's speech as she addresses her friend.

"Smith, come here." She orders her manservant to her side. "Make some space in the room."

Smith nods and obediently edges back around Tharnik to stand in-front of his mistress...


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

I know I go after Creel and Madeline, but I grow impatient. :P

Knowledge to identify1d20 ⇒ 8 +10 (if arcana), +8 (if any other knowledge)

In a clear, ringing voice full of much more authority than Vaghn usually displays (obviously his 'lecture' voice), he says "Do as Tharnik says; step away from him. For your own good." With that he once again begins to weave arcane word and gesture into a spell...

Spellcraft DC16:
Vaghn begins casting sleep. This will go off at the beginning of his next turn barring interruption.


Male Human Inquisitor 2

Looking at the window they mashed adn the door they collided through Rendel's heart sinks. "I'm sorry Tharnik. I'm afraid we can't let you go now. Or you'll infect someone else." Steeling himself he shakes his head. "We're going to have to tie him down. If he gets loose in the countryside it'll be our fault."


Dortlin shot Tharnik a scowl that reflected a lifetime of casual violence and rather unceremoniously swung the weighty sap at the changing half-orc's head. Using whatever space his attack bought him, Dortlin tried to put a little more space between him and dangerous claws Tharnik seemed to have sprouted.

Hits AC 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.

In the likely event (given the size of the room) that someone is in a flanking position or two of the other are threatening Tharnik (Gang Up feat) by Dortlin's turn add +2 to the attack and 1d6 ⇒ 2 to the damage.

If there is room Dortlin will try to 5ft step back.

Cheliax

_Dortlin_ wrote:
Dortlin shot Tharnik a scowl that reflected a lifetime of casual violence and rather unceremoniously swung the weighty sap at the changing half-orc's head. Using whatever space his attack bought him, Dortlin tried to put a little more space between him and dangerous claws Tharnik seemed to have sprouted.

As Creel and Rendel move into position in the room, discussing Tharnik's fate. As they do, Smith, still in the corner, begins to move out at Madeline's command. A few seconds later Vaghn steps into the doorway and begins to cast a spell, filling the room with a strange scent that, for lack of a better term, reminds all of you of warm honey and soothing sounds.

Tharnik, noticing this, snaps his attention toward Vaghn and begins to move toward him. He shouts "I am no animal to be put down with your sorcery. We are allies! Why do you fight me!?!?!"

Then, if hit by some invisible pain, he gasps and grabs his head, nearly doubling over. Coming down on one knee, he cries out. Dortlin, not one to miss an opportunity, springs forward and brings his sap down on Tharnik's head. Tharnik cries out and spins up to face Dortlin.

Madeline:
You notice the bite on his leg, from the wolf attack, is red and inflamed.

Vaghn:
Tharnik is suffering from what you would call lesser afflicted lycanthropy, likely due to the bite he suffered in the wolf attack. You're sure more research into its nature would yield far more information.

On to round 2....


Male Human Inquisitor 2

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Spellcraft

Unsure of what the smell is Rendel decides that vaughn has a trick up his sleeve and backs up but only a little his arms outstretched to bar the way. "Easy Tharnik. If we don't get you secured becoming an animal will be exactly what happens. You're turning into a werewolf. If you don't let us help you we will put you down. Do you understand? There's more lives at stake then your own." Rendel's tone is cold and honest ensuring that this is the gentle approach as opposed to the much more deadly second option.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Intimidate to demoralize.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Creel moves carefully towards Tharnik, weapon decidedly NOT at the ready.
detect evil focused on Tharnik

"Dortlin, no."

In orcish:
"Let your blood cool, friend. The wall is broken, we did not know. You are no longer contained. For Kendra's safety you must be controlled. We are allies, friends. It will only be for a short time."

Diplomacy? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Human Inquisitor 2
Creel wrote:

Creel moves carefully towards Tharnik, weapon decidedly NOT at the ready.

detect evil focused on Tharnik

"Dortlin, no."

** spoiler omitted **

Diplomacy? 1d20+7

So, don't you wish you were immune to disease right about now?

1,051 to 1,100 of 4,956 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.