Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Jade Regent

Game Master Will Cooper

A game of Jade Regent


401 to 450 of 1,274 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

"There is no movement, yet I can't bring myself to calm. There is still danger here."


Human Barbarian 1 HPs 16/16 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 16 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +4

Do we want a stealthy scout to check the area, or do we want to boldly enter in force?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

I say let's just approach, and may Abadar guide and protect us all!


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk grins over at Rommin.
"Oh? You think you can keep up with me eh? Well then, let's see who is the better scout I say."
Drawing Bethany and keeping low, Ruhk begins to move towards the gate as quietly as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Human Barbarian 1 HPs 16/16 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 16 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +4

Rommin grumbles I wasn't volunteering... But not wanting to let Ruhk go ahead alone when he's expecting back up, Rommin gives him a thirty foot lead then follows.

Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi laughs, "I can see I'm not winning this one." He looks around, "Wait a second, we're we just going to approach?" He signals Smoke to hold and watches the village for trouble while Ruhk and Rommin slip forward.
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Let's wait and see if Ruhk and Rommin flush anything interesting," Kelistra says as she readies her bow.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


"It is unwise for us to be to separate from one another." Azmythe prepares his crossbow, but stays close to Kelistra.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Malcol nods, and gives only a 20 foot head start to the others, and then he approaches behind them.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi keeps pace with Malcolm, staying a similar distance behind Rommin and Ruhk.


Alch 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

At the sight of the destroyed village Iralynash looks sad, then resigned. He moves foward when the two scouts move ahead following Rommin close by and mumbling to himself.
Whoever it was I hope he let some ears attached to the bodies.

perception
20 + 7 = 27
stealth
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Ruhk ghosts forwards on silent feet, seeming to become one with the natural world around him, undetectable. Rommin, less so; but the elven archer makes a good effort a staying quiet. Malcolm And Marduzi clank forwards, making as much noise as a marching band composed entirely of iron golems with cymbals for hands - or so it sounds to Ruhk. At least they stay a little way back.

Found a map; this is what Enoch sees from above.

Still all is quiet in the village.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Hnnnh, this COULD be an ambush...but if it is, I can spring it and survive because I am that good, and the others can avoid falling into it...and maybe rescue me after.

So reasoning, Ruhk continues through the gates, moving along the wall down towards the door on H5.


Human Barbarian 1 HPs 16/16 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 16 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +4

Rommin stops just inside the gate at H1. He ignores Ruhk and isn't looking for anything at all except movement, the hint of any threat. Those coming up behind him can see he has his bow drawn back and is scanning the courtyard down the length of his arrow.


Human [hp = 8/8; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+4 CMD 12] Wizard (Evoker) 1 [force missile 7/7]

As they enter the gate, "We should make sure we have a retreat route at all times. Obviously we need to clear this building to the right."


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Good thinking Jordan. Ruhk, want to see if there is anything there while Rommin covers you and we make sure nothing comes up behind us?" Marduzi positions Smoke in the gate while watching the buildings in the main part of the village and over by the moat. His lance is leveled in case anything attacks from the village.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Malcolm approaches the first building, content to remain ready at the door while Ruhk investigates.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

With Rommin, Marduzi, and Smoke crowding the gateway, there aren't many opennings left for Kelistra to stand and provide covering fire in case something emerges from the other buildings. Unless...

Kelistra runs to the side of the lake. "I should be able to cover the courtyard from here," she says. "I just hope pond monsters like to sleep during the day."

I'd like to get to square with the "H" in "Area H".


Alch 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

As Rommin stops at the gate Iralynash moves foward to Ruhk's position and silently follows him.


Hit another no-3G zone; but today I managed to get to a public library with wifi :)

Kelistra arrives at the outside edge of the lake, bow in hand. Rommin is just inside the gate, scanning windows, arrow nocked ready to draw and loose. Jordan and Marduzi wait with him at the gate.

Ruhk, Malcolm and Iralynash venture forward to the house on the right. As The other two watch for trouble, Ruhk slides the door open quietly and looks inside taking a liberty as Ruhk didn't clarify his intention after Malcolm's suggestion.

Inside the hut is squalid and damp-smelling. Crude tables and chairs are overturned or smashed on the floor. Bowls of something foul-smelling have spilled on the ground. It looks like a group of goblins were disturbed mid-meal. Nothing moves in the hut, and Ruhk can see into all the corners. It's empty.

Marduzi from his vantage point atop Smoke, sees that the pit at H3 is half full of partially burned bones. Some human size, some smaller goblin size. All mixed and burned.

Kelistra please make a perception and a survival check.

The quiet is ominous, and the acrid tang of stale smoke competes with swamp smells and the tainted stench of goblins.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Survival 1d20 ⇒ 16


@Kelistra: You see day-old tracks, probably booted humans, leading directly into the water of the pond. The tracks emerge on the other side of the pond, inside the village. Who-or-what-ever attacked the goblins walked straight through the wide, deep, pond to do so.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

You know we're all jealous of you Will!
"Something creepy here folks. I can see into that pit in front of us now. Looks like it is filled with burned bones. Some goblin. Some big, maybe human."


Human [hp = 8/8; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+4 CMD 12] Wizard (Evoker) 1 [force missile 7/7]

Jordan stays with the main body.
It ain't easy being squishy.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Uh... Whatever they were, I don't think they were really humans," Kelistra adds to Marduzi's comment. "Looks like they crossed the pond without swimming. I'm not getting in to find out, but it looks like the water'd be over my head."

Of course you can ignore this, Will, but: Knowledge (dungeoneering) to see if she knows of a creature that would leave human footprints but wouldn't worry about breathing underwater. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Ruhk, shall we move on, checking huts?

Malcolm looks back to the others at the gate and waves them in.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi dismounts from Smoke, "Strange. Anyone have any idea if those things we fought back on the trail can breathe underwater? Is that what it was or something else." He commands Smoke to stay by the gate and walks over to join those checking the huts.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk nods at Malcolm.
"A pair of eyes besides my own would be handy. And a swordarm or two won't exactly be unwelcome either. This place might still hold a surprise or two for us."


Alch 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

In my experience creatures that wear boots and dont breath are usually undead. Iralynash wisper from near the huts feeling a chill cross his spine.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Undead? That's just too creepy to be standing out here on my own." Kelistra joins the others inside the gate.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Heh, not one to see the sun this one...


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi draws his greatsword as the group prepares to move to the next hut. "I don't blame you Kelistra. Why would undead suddenly attack the goblins? A necromancer?"


Kelistra and Azmythe join Jordan, and Rommin just inside the village gates. Perception rolls from you guys please.

Perception DC 15:
You see a flash of movement from within the long thin (10 ft by 25 ft) hut at the centre of the map.

Marduzi walks over to join Ruhk, Malcolm, and Iralynash. Ruhk opens the door to the next hut going anti-clockwise, this one is marked H4. This hut has many windows and stands on slightly taller stilts than many of the others. Perhaps it served as some kind of watch tower. This hut too proves to be empty and quiet.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Kelistra quietly addresses Jordan and Azmythe, "Guys I think we should catch up to the others. I'll cover you until you get to the ladder to that taller building they're poking around in." She has her bow ready to shoot anything coming out of the building where she thought she saw movement.


Human [hp = 8/8; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+4 CMD 12] Wizard (Evoker) 1 [force missile 7/7]

PER 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

I wonder of any remain? Perhaps they are all holed up somewhere.
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Whether it is goblins or the undead that have driven them away, they are all still imperfections in the eyes of Abadar, and they must be cleansed for the safety of all.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Halvor looks around but is distracted with his thoughts on fighting undead creatures.


Human Barbarian 1 HPs 16/16 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 16 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +4

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Rommin snaps to attention and let's out a whistle. Anyone looking at him sees that he is no longer scanning the courtyard in general. Instead, he is intently focused on, and has his arrow trained on, the 10' by 25' hut toward the center.


Human [hp = 8/8; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+4 CMD 12] Wizard (Evoker) 1 [force missile 7/7]

"I see them too, Rommin. But let's clear the perimeter buildings first and make sure we have a retreat route. We easily command the space to that large building from here."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Nothing in here..let's move to the next one then? Want to do the honours this time Marduzi?"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"I saw the... Whatever it was in the big building, guys. But I'm also worried about losing sight of the rest of the our group as they look in the other buildings.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"You got it. Rommin, go ahead and keep watching over there. We'll clear the next building." Marduzi checks the next door and then opens it.
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
The square building marked H5 continuing on the same arc.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Malcolm follows Marduzi to the next hut.


Alch 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Iralynash follows Ruhk and Marduzi on their search.
Aid another Marduzi's perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

I dont like this place...too quiet.


Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Azmythe moves into the village. He maintains a wary eye and spots the movement in the hut.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk chuckles at that.
"Most folks enjoy the peace and quiet, as long as it is quiet then nobody is swinging claws or swords at us at least."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Kelistra, Jordan, Rommin and Halvor are just inside the gate. Iralynash, Malcolm, Marduzi and Ruhk investigate the next hut marked H5, 3x3 room on left of map. Azmythe crosses to join those further in the village.

Again, Ruhk pushes open the door with his sword. At first glance, all looks the same - squalor, dilapidation, overturned crude furniture and spilled rotting food. Then 6 beady red eyes open in the dark corners of the hut, and three small forms start up a shrieking wail, like a gang of tea-kettles all going off at once.

Initiative. Goblins get 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Goblins! Now the fun and games begins!"

Initative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Goblins? How many?"

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

401 to 450 of 1,274 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jormungandr's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.