Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Jade Regent

Game Master Will Cooper

A game of Jade Regent


351 to 400 of 1,274 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Human [hp = 8/8; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+4 CMD 12] Wizard (Evoker) 1 [force missile 7/7]

Jordan yells in a cultured Elven accent, "These are sinspawn, their bite is unpleasant."

Jordan will cast burning hands, and rush to release the charge if he can get both sinspawn attacking in the rear without targeting friends. If not he will fire a force bolt at the most injured sinspawn of the three.

If Burning hands:
2d4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 1 = 7 Reflex DC 16 for half

If Force Bolt:
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

[ooc]AC: 17, HP: 10/14, Blessed X2

Malcolm brings his Bastard Sword to bear.

BS ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
BS DAM: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Don't forget to add +1 to weapon damage for Inspire Courage.


Halvor's blessing heartens you all, as does Kelistra's teasing song.

Between Malcolm's sword and Jordan's unleashed force bolt the sinspawn at the front of the party goes down shrieking, wounded by lance and sword and spell.

At the rear of the party, one of the two remaining sinspawn staggers under Azmythe's mystic assault - Will save DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 and slumps face first into the swamp mud.


Next round. Initiative order is:
25+ - Goblins DEAD
25 – Iralynash
20 – Jordan Andosano
18 - Malcolm Cavendish
17 - Sinspawn
17 - Kelistra Drav
14 - Ruhk the Dandy
13 - Azmythe
10 - Marduzi Lovarya
5- Rommin Hawkridge
1 - Halvor Lumbar

Iralynash, Jordan, Malcolm, please post your actions for this new round.


Human [hp = 8/8; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+4 CMD 12] Wizard (Evoker) 1 [force missile 7/7]

Jordan does not know their magic abilities, so he times his next force bolt to hit the last actove sinspawn as it moves.
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

AC: 17, HP: 10/14, Blessed X2 - Courage Inspired!

Malcolm, without missing a beat carves his way int o the next sinspawn.

May the perfection of Abadar guide my hand!

BS ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
BS DAM: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13


Alch 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Iralynash swings his polearm at the last beast trying to crush its skull.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


The last sinspawn standing howls in rage as Iralynash pierces it's slick hide. Jordan,s bolt of force sizzles into its deformed skull, but it does not go down. Malcolm moves back from the front of the group, where his earlier charge had carried him. His sprint carries him back from the front of the party in time to carved bloody ruin through the monster's chest. It collapses.

One aberration remains, snoring gently on the muddy ground.


"It's existance is a tragedy. I urge you to finish it."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Since I've got the next initiative...

Kelistra stops singing and mutters, "Finish it, easier said than done." With a slight shudder, she takes a step towards the sleeping monster and points her bow right next to its head. Taking a deep breath, she draws the bowstring and releases her arrow into the abomination.

5-foot step to get next to the spinspawn, then coupe de grace. Damage for Automatic Crit 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4) = 12


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

And just in case the Sinspawn is tougher than it looks (and it looks pretty tough) Ruhk holds Bethany ready to cut it's head of should it wake up.

Ready an attack.


Human [hp = 8/8; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+4 CMD 12] Wizard (Evoker) 1 [force missile 7/7]

Jordan starts to search the sinspawns eliminated. "Remember to get the goblin ears."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Malcolm advances slightly down the hall, taking up a defensive position, and occasionally looking back at his companions as they search the remains.

Let's not take too long, we need to keep moving, no?


Human Barbarian 1 HPs 16/16 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 16 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +4

Rommin spends a minute cleaning and binding his vicious bit wound before doing anything else. He takes a moment to glance around for the arrow he shot, but quickly resigns that it is lost to the swamp.

If no one else does it before him, Rommin will make sure to collect the goblins' ears in accordance with Sandpoint's bounty.


Alch 1 HP: 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Iralynash helps his fellow elf companoin collect the goblin's ears.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Nice teamwork everyone. Now that we've completed that grisly task, shall we see what awaits at the village? I fear something has beaten us to the goblins unless these were stray scouts."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk casts a quick glance over his shoulder at Marduzi.
"What's that?
So not only do I have to compete with you glory hounds, but there might be someone else who's ears are not even worth anything out there stealing bounty?"

Chuckling a little, Ruhk turns back to regard the sinspawn at his feet.
"Oh well, if nothing else, at least I might get a laugh out of it."

"Run little goblin,
Run far away!
And you might just live,
To squeak another day."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Malcolm glances at Ruhk,

What say we don't let anything run away? Let's move.

Malcolm stands next to Marduzi and starts off towards the village.


Fort save DC 22 for cdg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Kelistra's arrow bites deep, perfectly severing the foul creature's brain stem. Death is instant in a gush of curdled ichor. When you check, most of the goblins have ears, though some look to have been previously chewed. Goblins. You recover nine passable ears.

As the sounds of battle die away the hum of insect life and occasional bird calls fill the swampy air once more. From the warden's directions Marduzi and Ruhk estimate no more than another half hour treck to the goblin village. Maybe an hour in this stinking mud hole.


Combat over, and well done everyone. That was approximately a CR 6 encounter and smoothly handled. Take any healing and recovery you need and we'll move on toward the village.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk stows Bethany back in her place with some regret, unslinging his bow and getting ready to move out once more.
"Let's go then, the forest is dark and deep, and I got promises to keep, and many miles to walk before I sleep."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Eeew!" Kelistra cries out when she notices nasty fluid from the creature has gotten on her. "Oh, well. Following this trail we'll get muddy enough I won't notice the ooze from the nasty thing."

Resuming her place in the marching formation, Kelistra goes down the trail with the others. "Hey, Ruhk, nice poem. Of course you're talking sleep sleep, not metaphor for death sleep, right?"


Human [hp = 8/8; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+4 CMD 12] Wizard (Evoker) 1 [force missile 7/7]

Jordan quickly searches the fallen for valuables.
Per 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Malcolm addresses the group...

I could use some healing if anyone has the ability.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Afraid that lies outside my talents Malcolm. Got nicked myself, but nothing that won't heal before long."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk raises an eyebrow at Kelistra.
"Now you are an artist yourself, so you know better than to ask that. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, and interpretation lies in here." He says with a grin and taps a finger against her forehead.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Gosh, Ruhk. That was deep enough that you've got me thinking you may have actually intended the death metaphor." Kelistra regards the swordsman for a moment then says, "But we've already agreed, none of us are dying on this adventure!"

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8

Halvor channels 1d6 ⇒ 5 for whomever needs it. Let me know if more is needed


As everyone is preparing to continue on after the combmat, Azmythe takes some time to inspect the sinspawn, making himself a bit more familiar with them. Enoch pecks at their aberrant flesh and declares it inedible. They are ready to continue when the others are ready.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Thank you, Halvor, for the blessing of your deity.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk smiles a little sadly at Kelistra's words.
"I can't promise that, but cheer up, I doubt there is anything big and dangerous out there to even make me break a sweat."

Ruhk stalks forward a bit, peering into the distance with his bow raised and ready.
"Moving out? Frontliners to the front then."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

Malcolm nods at Ruhk...

Aye, Ruhk, let us proceed.

Malcolm joins Marduzi at the front.

Are we ready, Marduzi?


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Aye, ready to see about this village. Thanks for the healing Halvor. A very helpful talent that must be." He gives a little squeeze to Smoke's sides, urging the horse forward.


Human Barbarian 1 HPs 16/16 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 16 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +4

Rommin also shares his thanks with Halvor before falling into line with the others. This time, however, he seems more wary and walks with his bow at the ready and an arrow nocked.


Human [hp = 8/8; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+4 CMD 12] Wizard (Evoker) 1 [force missile 7/7]

"Frontliners to the front. Precious, pampered mages to the middle."

As they resume their journey, "So my sister told me this one about a goblin that walks into an inn and has a rat familiar on his head. The bartender said, what happened there, and the rat familiar says I woke up with this big growth on my bottom."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8
Marduzi Lovarya wrote:
"Aye, ready to see about this village. Thanks for the healing Halvor. A very helpful talent that must be."

"Through countless hours of training I have just started to master this ability. As time goes on it will only get stronger. One day I hope to master even greater powers over the living body."


Hit another unexpected patch of no-cell-coverage. But tonight I have a heroic 1 bar of signal on my ipad, so on with the adventuring! Hurrah!

The trail wends and winds its way throu the swamp waters, and the atmosphere thickens. Soon it is as damp and close and fetid as the inside of a goblin's breech-clout. Best not considered, that analogy.

At length you come in sight of what must be the goblin settlement. A filthy squalid village-fort clings to a sodden hump of dirt rising no more than five feet above the surrounding swamp water. Nearest you a wooden gate in the low wooden palisade lies in shambles on the floor - the trail you tread leads to this former gate. Nearby on the northeastern side of the village an algae-clogged pond breaks the palisade and offers a view through into the village itself, which consists of a series of ramshackle huts connected by wooden walkways, all held a few feet above the mud on wooden stilts.

All is still, save the nervous stamp of Smoke's hoof.

Happy to clarify or expand on any aspects of the description, or consider any skill rolls for additional information. You ar e currently about 300 ft. away, at the limit of effective vision in the swamp mists.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Uh, shouldn't we be hearing squeaking goblins by now?" Kelistra ponders aloud. "Maybe they're hiding... But they'd have fixed the gate, right?"

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Knowledge (dungeoneering) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 And just for grins, Knowledge (engineering) for a guess at what happened to the gate 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/7 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 75/75/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 11/CMD: 23/Init: 2/Perc: 4

What do you think Marduzi...a frontal assault?

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Human [hp = 8/8; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+4 CMD 12] Wizard (Evoker) 1 [force missile 7/7]

"If I felt I needed a better look, I would reconnoiter the area. The destroyed front gate seems the way to go as I would expect any goblin traps to be around the perimeter. Even goblins aren't so destructive they would destroy their own gate, even practicing with explosives. Wait, don't answer that, I think that is my working theory now."


"This is wrong. It feels like the calm after the storm." "Enoch, tell me what you see." Azmythe sends his familiar to fly over the area and report back. "Everyone relax some. Give my high eyes some time to have a look."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Huh...we run into feeling goblins being attacked by...what did you call them things? Spawns of something or another.
Next we come to a goblin village that appears empty and ruined.
You think someone attacked the village and the spawns were just picking of the stragglers?"


Human Barbarian 1 HPs 16/16 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 16 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +4

Easing the tension that he had absentmindedly applied to his bowstring, Rommin scans the path they are standing on for clues. Are there any signs those sinspawns came from this way? Did a large number of goblins flee this way, more than what we encountered?

Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Ruhk, do you recall those sounds I heard in the night? I thought it was just the goblins making more mischief, but they must have been trying to fight off whatever happened here. I agree with you that those creatures may be just scavengers. But we'd better see what we can find out in case Sandpoint is threatened. Let's move for the gate. It does seem likely not to be trapped...at least any longer."
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk scratches the back of his head and looks a little uncomfortable.
"Err...I actually meant that after attacking the village, the sinspawn WE meet might have been allocated to hunting survivors by whomever was in charge."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Gotta remember the next time you tell me you heard strange sounds in the middle of the night," Kelistra says to Marduzi. "I have to ask what kind of weird sounds."


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Nay, it wasn't that Kelistra. Fireworks, yes. But also the sounds of metal on metal...and screams. But not those of lovemaking. Perhaps you are right Ruhk that their master lurks within. Or maybe whatever it was has moved on. We'll see."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"What!? When did I suggest? How did? Mar! Just because you... I'm sure if you'd meant you'd heard a goblin orgy, you would have said so right away."


@Rommin: you can tell a few things, even from this distance. The gates were torn down in the last day or two. You can see the tracks made by five goblins, running at speed away from the village, on the trail you now stand on. You don't see any sinspawn trails. You may be able to tell more if you get closer to the village.

@Azmythe: Enoch flies high, carving a lonely shape thought the sullen sky. Enoch reports that at least one hut is burned and completely ruined, and there is a large area of trampled and disturbed ground just inside the gates. Lots of tracks, though the raven cannot say who made the tracks. No movement catches his sharp eye.

351 to 400 of 1,274 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jormungandr's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.