Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jade Regent

Game Master Will Cooper

A game of Jade Regent


101 to 150 of 1,274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi curses and grabs Smoke's reins seeking to guide him around away from the serpent without spooking the horse.
Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Handle Animal 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Smoke tosses his head and takes a few skittering steps past the hissing snake, but a touch on his neck and a soft word from Marduzi prevent full flight. The snake's diamond shaped head weaves and bobs threateningly in the middle of the bridge, between the cavalier and the rest of the group.

Knowledge (nature) 15:
It's a marsh viper. Small, territorial and aggressive, their poisonous bite can cause weakness but rarely leads to death. From a single bite, at least...

Initiative order:
Asira
Nostariel
Marduzi
Ruhk
Snake


Asira walks forward to where Marduzi stands and touches him slightly on his shoulder, casting Guidance.


Hey Asira - Marduzi is on the far side of the bridge, carried past the snake by his mount's brief panic. Do you want to take the AOO to move past the snake, or choose another target? Sorry, I probably wasn't clear in my description! Need to look into mapping tools...


Sorry, was my fault, perhaps I better attack the snake with my spear then

attack with spear: 1d20 ⇒ 2
damage against small creature: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Well, it's not a goblin, so it's not suitable for our contest. Either way, ladies first."


"Marsh viper. Irritable and territorial buggers," Nostariel says and she lowers her bow and begins to hum to herself quietly, like half of a lullaby.

Slumber Hex: DC 16 Will save, or the snake falls asleep for 1 round.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Round 1

Marduzi commands Smoke to stay and advances on the snake with his greatsword. He sees the snake squirm away from Asira's jab, but then grow sluggish under Nostariel's hex. He brings the sword down against the snake's neck.
Attack if the viper makes its save against the hex, coup de grace if it fails.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Confirm 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 5) + 7 = 15
Extra Damage (if crit) 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 = 12

Status:

AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14. . (+4 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 11/11
Equipped Weapon Greatsword +6 (2d6+7/19-20/x2)
Buffs None


Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12.

Asira's spear gouges a deep furrow int the rotten plank next to the viper, before Nostariel's song lull's it to gentle coiled slumber. Next second, Marduzi's flashing blade removes its head.

Combat over, the bridge is now safe to cross.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Hoy, nice work there Nostariel. Guess my sword was a little overkill." he laughs. Marduzi walks back over to Smoke, petting the horse and speaking soothingly, "That's a boy. Just a little swamp snake. You did great at getting out of the way. Nothing for you to stomp on today."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"That was well done, I didn't even have to get involved before it was over.
Lucky for the snake, I bet he is thanking his lucky stars down in snake hell by now."


Before crossing the bridge, Nostariel leans down and collects a few scales from the snake and folds them into a little paper packet, tucking it away in a pouch filled with herbs, animal parts, scribbled notes, candles, and the like. When she finishes, she kicks the dead snake carcass over the side of the bridge, "In case it attracts a scavenger to block our return path. I'd hate to fight a real bridge troll," she jests.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk looks down at the bloody mess that is left.
"Tsk tsk, I have not seen this much of a mess since I saw one of them so called "war wizards" calling out an orc.
Guess which one was turned into the mess?"


"Depends on how close the orc was to the mage when he called him out."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk gives voice to a raucous laugh at Nostariels reply.
"Normally it would, but you see, the orc naturally decided that no doddering old greybeard should call HIM names, so he charged...
right into the pit trap a meter before the mage."

"But as he fell, he flung his arms up in surprise and he lost his grip on his shield, which flew in an arc and hit the mage on the head.
Now this did make the mage stumble back in a daze, right on top of a pile of lamp oil..."

"Now the mage was dazed AND confused, so he threw a fire spell...
BOOOOOM!"

"And that is the story of how I lost 150 gold coins."


Nostariel smiles a half smile, just the one side of her mouth, and responds. "Who did you bet on?"


Asira laughs loud.

"So who was dead first Ruhk?"


Don't let me interrupt the conversation - I'm enjoying the interplay.

The noise of insects and the fetid stench of marsh water fill the air. The trail stretches away through the swamp, on the other side of the now bloodstained bridge.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk chuckles a little.
"Bet? No no, I didn't bet, but who did you think were responsible for all that lamp oil? Last time I was in charge of that warehouse let me tell you."

"As for who died first, well I'm pretty sure it was the wizard, because once I had rubbed my eyes and could see again, I saw the orc had climbed out of the pit and was holding something in his hands.
And I heard him say to whatever it was: Let's see who drinks tea out of whose skull now?"

"And that my friends is the story about the first orc to ever try tea. He asked for milk but no sugar."

"...
I used my own tankard in case you were wondering."


Still laughing Asira crosses the bridge, carefull to not step into the blood of the snake.

"And you're sure that you did not make this up?"


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk merely gives Asira a smile and shrugs.
"Who can tell?"


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi smiles and shakes his head, "Nice story Ruhk. Can't wait to hear the one you spin when we finish off these goblins. I hope they still have a few fireworks. Make for a more interesting tale." He remounts Smoke and starts back down the trail toward the warden.


After what feels like hours of travel along the winding muddy trail, the ozone-sharp brine scent of the sea starts to cut through the ver present marsh reek. The trail leads up to a sodden lagoon. The open ocean of Sogg's bay lies just beyond these silty water, and an old two story building, its walls and roof heavy with moss, slumps beside the eastern edge of the lagoon.

This must be the warden's shack. Walthus Mudfoot, you hope, will direct you through the treacherous bogland to the goblin tribe.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Nice place, sort of...cozy. With a nice rustic touch to the architecture and an inviting feel to it."


"You want to stay here and admire the architecture or do you want to learn if Walthus is here?²

Asira says Mockingly before approaching the shack and knocking at the door.

"Walthus, are you here? We are from Sandpoint and would like your help with some directions."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk grins at the mocking then begins to stroke his chin and give every apperance of seriously considering his options.


Nostariel sticks to the treeline, bow in hand, watching for signs of trouble. For all she knows, goblins could be living here now.

Perception (if taking 10 isn't possible) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi dismounts from Smoke about 10 feet short of the warden's door and walks up with Asira. Not sure if Ruhk is also walking up? He listens and looks about the area while waiting to see if Walthus answers.

Perception (Marduzi) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Perception (Smoke) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


The wooden door to the warden's shack is slightly ajar; you see darkness within. No sound is heard from the dark interior; no voice answers Asira's call. The noises of insects, wind and wave, the natural sounds of the marsh and shore seem hushed.

A sense of expectancy, of waiting, surrounds you.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi whispers to Asira, "I don't like this. Unless the warden has a habit of leaving his door ajar, this would suggest something is wrong. I think we should go in. We can apologize if we've misunderstood."

Marduzi draws his greatsword from the scabbard on his bac.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi moves up to stand next to Asira. Raising his hand to the door, he gives it a slow push open. He looks into the house beyond, staining to see or hear any evidence of life.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Oh, good perception roll. Let's get describin’!

Walthus' door swings open easily at Marduzi's touch, with a slight protesting squeak from the hinges. The door opens on a comfortably furnished living room that's in some disarray. Dark fluids stain a tipped settle - the stain still looks damp. Potted plants litter the floor, smashed and wilting.

A dragging, shuffling, painful step brings a short figure into view from an interior room. The figure, presumably Walthus, leans against the doorframe. His face is pale and clammy, with a livid mark disappearing below the collar of his rough-spun tunic.

"Who are you? What do you want here?" he rasps in a monotone.


"We are from Sandpoint and were looking for your help, but it seems that you are in need of our help too. Are you hurt?"

Asira steps forward, her hands open to show that she means no harm.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

With a supreme effort of will, Ruhk manages to clamp down on the almost innumerable sarcastic or witty replies that is threatening to bubble up and spill from his lips.

Must...not...speak, must...not...speak!


Walthus blinks in confusion, "Sandpoint? My help?" he shakes his head, a strange convulsive gesture, then says, "Hurt. Yes. I hurt. Poison... snakes... poison." A rictus grin spreads across his face and he shuffles a half-step into the room, hands raised beseechingly.


"Poison? Let me see, maybe I can help."

Her face turns sorrowfull as she steps closer, intending to examine Walthus to see if she can help.

Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi moves into the room with Asira and looks at the man, trying to see any evidence of injury, "What snakes? How were you poisoned? I'm sure I can remember some old folk remedies that old Niska talked about."
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Diplomacy 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

A womans touch all over your body? Almost worth cuddling a snake first.


GM Screen:
Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25; Disguise: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (14) + 24 = 38.

Walthus flinches, as if about to recoil from Asira's touch, then lets her briefly examine him. He certainly shows signs of poison, but there is too much blood to have come just from snake puncture wounds. The blood has an odd greenish tinge.

Walthus stares blankly at Marduzi's mention of Niska, a well known citizen of the area.

"Healing," he rasps in his toneless voice. "Then I help you."

Everyone else in the room can make the same Perception and Sense Motive checks that Marduzi already rolled.


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Starting to wonder if we have lost Nostariel...

"I fear I have no healing to offer you Walthus. What exactly happened to you? Why does your blood have so much green?"


Still outside waiting for signs of trouble or requests of assistance.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Ok, sorry I misunderstood. I have a bad feeling that call is coming :)


Walthus' eyes become slits as Marduzi's tone becomes more questioning, and he hisses. Quickly - stunningly quick, the attack - his hands are at Asira's throat. The halfling's features seem to dissolve as it attacks, revealing a wrinkled, hunch-backed humanoid creature with mottled brown-and-red flesh and a spherical head with no true face — only a crooked slit from which a rasplike tongue periodically lashes and licks.

Initiative. You are surprised and flat footed by the suddenness of the attack (and because he got great bluff and disguise rolls). Here is the map. I have placed Asira and 'Walthus', everyone else can choose their position in G9-H10 or outside. Map should be editable, just put your initials in the appropriate square. Any confusions, let me know.

'Walthus' initiative, for next round: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20.

'Walthus' slam attack against Asira: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23; damage (with sneak attack): 1d4 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (2, 3) = 10.


Ouch! That's some good rolling. Glad you've got two healers in the party :)


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

What the... Marduzi reels as the creature attacks Asira. "Nostariel, get in here, I don't know what this thing is, but its attacking Asira!"

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Round 1

I'll give you a first round action now since it looks like I'll be close to the top.

Marduzi shouts, "No! Asira!" The Varisian steps forward, swinging his greatsword at the warden-creature. Move to G11

Power Attack (Greatsword) 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 1 = 23
Damage 2d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 7 + 2 = 14


Nostariel is in K6, then rushes in to Asira's side and uses her healing hex to heal 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Nostariel dashes from the tree line and heads inside to aid her comrades. "By the spirits, what is that thing? Asira, let me help you..." Nostariel focuses on being the calm in the storm, allowing nature's healing energies to use her as a conduit and knit Asira's wound.

101 to 150 of 1,274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jormungandr's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.