Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jade Regent

Game Master Will Cooper

A game of Jade Regent


51 to 100 of 1,274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi stands over the table to get a good look at the map as Cobb draws. He smiles, "That's great Cobb. You've been a huge help. Guess maybe I'll have to put a good word in for you with the Sheriff." He sits back down, "I like your plan to meet at dawn Nostariel. I think the Sheriff is usually a pretty early riser. Should we see if he knows anything else about the marsh and then head out?"

Assuming nothing else for tonight, Marduzi will head for his lodgings at the barracks after finishing his drink and will plan to meet everyone outside the Sandpoint Garrison in the morning.


"Wouldn't hurt, Marduzi."

Nostariel retires to her room whenever everyone is done talking for the evening.


"Yes, let's meet at dawn."

She pauses for a moment, realizing how late it already is.

Perhaps we should all go and get a good night full of sleep."

Asira will retire to her home too, when everyone is done talking.


Mei's smile is wide and delighted as she is hugged, greeted, and made welcome. She does not say much for the rest of the evening, but falls in willingly with the plans to subdue the goblin threat.

"It will be good to test myself. Training is great and the masters say I am ready, but... I want to do something." Mei confides in Marduzi before they all depart for their rooms.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk feigns a pout as people begins to disappear and head to bed.
"Aw, I was really hoping for a chance to celebrate some more, fleece a few suckers out of some dart money, and maybe cause some mischief."

Ah well, if there will be no ladies around, I might as well head to bed after all then.

Seeing that no other person is willing to join him, he shrugs, drains the dregs from his tankard and gets up as well.
"Well, if we are calling it an early night, I might as well go home and give Bethany a coat of oil."


It’s a brisk morning the clouds of last night having been blown away by the chill wind gusting in off of the ocean. After gathering out front of the garrison your group begins to make its way south following the Lost Coast Road, the road still soggy from the rains of the night before, as it weaves its way towards the Brinestump Marsh. Three quarters of an hour into your travel you hear a rustle coming from a few of the bushes surrounding the path and the cavalier’s horse whinnies in distress.

Hey guys, can I get a perception and an initiative roll on your next post


Nostariel has come prepared, wearing finely crafted studded leather armor and shining gauntlets, scout's garb, and her bow in hand and sword at her side. Her greeting is cheerful when she sees you all, but her overall mood is rather grim, as she likely has her mind set on the business at hand.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi wakes early, excited for the day filled with such prospects for adventure. He eats a simple breakfast of watered wine, dried beef, and hardtack and then heads to the stables to groom and saddle Smoke. "Morning boy! You ready for a big day? We're going hunting!" He proceeds to feed and water the horse and then heads back to the garrison greeting the others before heading out for the Marsh.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Asira is excited as she heads to the meeting point where she meets up with the others, before starting to the Marshes. She carries a spear with and exchanged the skirt for a pair of pants.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Perception

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 initiative


Mei rises early and, fortified by fragrant tea, finds an hour to practice her forms before heading to the marshes with her friends. She is dressed, as before, in a simple brown robe and pale overcloak. She carries no weapon.

"Asira, did you sleep well?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26; init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

As Ruhk meets up with the others he grins and calls out a greeting while still a fair bit away.
"Morning all, nobody suffers from a heavy head this morning eh? What, nobody? Not even me?
That is a pity, which means we did not drink NEARLY enough last night.
Oh well, nothing works up a thirst like a little hunting eh?"

Ruhk is well armed indeed, across his back is a large hand-and-a-half sword strapped, together with a bow and a shield. In addition, a well notched hatched is stuck in his belt.
As he draws near, he pats the sword affectionately.
"Both myself and Bethany are ready for some fun."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk looks closely at Mei, studying her face for several minutes.
"Did you...did you have pig tails when you were a girl? I'm just trying to remember where I know you from."


"Do you know, I think I did, for a little while. My sister used to insist on doing my hair - I had pigtails, ringlets, braids and bangs - sometimes all in the same week!" Mei smiles briefly, and then her face is serene and serious once more. "Why did you decide to come goblin hunting? I don't remember you being so adventurous... of course that was long ago."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk grins at that.
"So it WAS you, I remember playing tag with you back then, and occasionally trying to steal a kiss from you. Ah, time flies.
As for me, well, I had to do something.
I grew bored with getting into trouble, hustling suckers for beer money and the like.
And when you spend as much time in nature as I do, you learn a few things about tracking and stalking game."


Our Story So Far: An eclectic group of friends and acquaintances from Sandpoint have set out into the Brinestump Marsh. Their goal is to subdue a tribe of goblins who, flushed with ego after recently acquiring fireworks, are becoming a menace to the whole area. Fame and fortune for the successful; death in the mud for the foolish. The group have been advised to seek out Walthus Proudstump, the self-appointed halfling “warden” of the swamp.

The stench of unclean water and rotting vegetation is starting to taint the air as the coast road follows the edge of the swamp. Marduzi's horse whickers uneasily.

Perception roll 15 or above:
From the way the bushes rustle, there is some large animal moving in the swamp, perhaps fifty feet away from the road.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Ruhk is far to busy with regailing is traveling companions with tall tales and outright lies about "Long Tall jeffery" to be paying any attention to his surroundings.


Asira grabs her spear closer and looks around cautious.

"What's that? There is something there."

her voice is but a whispering and she points into the swamp.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Marduzi turns his head toward the swamp, "You're right Asira. A large animal moving out there."

Marduzi nudges Smoke with his leg and the horse wheels to face the swamp. Marduzi raises his lance to a readied position.


The swamp is suddenly hushed, only the buzzing of gnats breaks the silence. Whatever you saw, or thought you saw, is not moving now. The moment stretches long and watchful. Suddenly a flash of movement, and perhaps a glimpse of pallid flesh as... something... moves, long and low, fleeing away from you deeper into the swamp.

Slowly the normal sound of birds and insects return, and some of the feeling of menace leaves the air. Everybody breathe.

Did we get Nostariel back after the break?


Asira is visibly afraid for a short moment, but quickly shakes this off.

"What was that?


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Well...serves me right for not paying attention. Some scout I'm turning our to be eh?
Well, no sense in just standing about, shall we continue?"


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi stares long into the swamp as the creature recedes from view, "Heh, well that was creepy." When Ruhk suggests continuing, he turns Smoke back into the path. Yes, Let's move on. On to our swamp warden?" He gives Smoke a light squeeze with the legs to send him forward again.

I think you're right that she hasn't responded since then. Perhaps a PM?


The road stretches ahead of you to the south. Brinestump Marsh festers to your right, while to your left the flat land slowly rises to moors high in the distance. After a short while you come across a well used trail leading into the swamp. Presumably this is the trail that Cobb told you about, leading to the halfling's home.

PMed Nostariel, and said we're restarting. See what happens.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Looks like we've found the trail. Hopefully the warden will be able to tell us more about the swamp and goblins." Marduzi guides Smoke onto the path. His head sweeps from side to side watching for more trouble from the swamp.


Asira follows the others down the trail, grapping her spear and checking their surroundings for any surprises.


The miasma of rotting vegetable life and fetid stagnant water grows stronger as you proceed down the trail. The trail starts out fair and wide, but rapidly becomes narrower and slower to navigate, with slimy mud and footing made uncertain by tangling plants. Still, it is much more appealing than the marsh proper on either side.

You move slower than normal - about 3/4 speed along the path. Through the swamp would be much worse. Oh, and what's the marching order? (The GM asks innocently...)


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk, apparently not having learned his lesson, still cannot avoid occasionally whistling a jolly tune as the group continues to travel along.
His eyes however are more awake and aware now.

Ruhk will take point, Bethany slung easily over his shoulder.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi follows behind Ruhk, taking advantage of the height of Smoke to look ahead and to the sides. With each step, the horses hooves make a low sucking sound as Smoke pulls them out of the damp terrain. "Ruhk, if we do get anything in front of us, be prepared to move to the side so we move in as well. Not going to be charging in this muck."


Nostariel comes up from behind, almost silently, and puts a crown of beautiful red and yellow swamp flowers on the party member in the rear. She has a half dozen flower crowns around one arm, and passes them around. "I figured such a dreary place could use a little livening up. Hope my running off didn't cause any alarm."

She smiles warmly, and then slodges along with the rest, in the middle, near the rear of the group. She makes idle conversation as they go, uncharacteristically talkative today.

"Told you all to bring good boots," she teases, her mid-thigh boots keeping the muck out quite admirably.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi looks over his shoulder, smiling to see the flowers placed on Asira, "Good to have you catch up Nostariel. I was worried the swamp monster we just saw had swum off with you."


"Right, swamp monster. Cute."


"Perhaps we should try to stay together."

Asira adjusts her crown of flowers a little and smiles.

"Thanks for the flowers, though."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk merely grins and directs a flirty wink at Nostraiel, then he slungs Bethany over his shoulder and instead strings his bow.
"I guess I'll just bring up the rear and give some archery support instead."


Mei accepts the flowers from Nostariel with a shy silent smile. She takes up a watchful position in the center of the group, mud oozing between the toes of her bare feet.


Welcome back aboard Nostariel! I had an awesome couple of days away, and am reminded again just what a beautiful place New Zealand is.

The group slogs down the sodden trail, hearts in high spirits and eyes watchful. The noise of insects and birdlife is loud, and if it wasn't for the omnipresent stench this could almost be a pleasant walk.

After some time, you see ahead on the path a rickety wooden bridge, just wide enough for one, crossing a sullen brown stream of flowing water.

I'm still a little unclear on the marching order. Ruhk, front or back? If back, who's now on point?

Secret:

1d20 ⇒ 4


Asira is in a good mood now and relaxes, even making some jokes from time to time. She is in the back of the group, right in front of Rukh


Nostariel walks just ahead of Asira, talking idly and keeping her face covered with her scarf to minimize the stench.

3rd to last, it seems.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk in the back, so most likely Marduzi leading for now.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi is on point.

"Bridge ahead. Looks rickety. We'd better take it one at a time." Marduzi spurs Smoke on to cross. I hope this holds us.

Strong enough for Smoke? How long are we talking about? Will we get separated if we space ourselves to cross?


The bridge is perhaps twenty feet long and five wide, made of old wooden logs covered green in moss. Missing planks gape like the teeth of an bad fighter, but you think Storm will be safe enough if you are careful. He does not shy away as you approach the bridge, and he's a sensible horse. The water below moves sluggish, shallow and muddy. You are not likely to be swept away to your death if you fall in, but you'll would reek.

You can risk crossing together, or risk crossing separately with 20 ft. between you. Your call :)


Nostariel draws her bow and offers to go across last, in case there is any trouble.

"I'm a good shot, and it'd be a shame if we all fell together."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk winks at Nostariel once more.
"Sounds like a wager to me, do we have a target so we can see who is the best one eh?"


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Ha, you two go ahead. I think I see an old dead tree over to the side there." he points. "While you do that, I'll lead Smoke across. You can come after in ones or twos."

Marduzi slides off the side of Smoke and leads him over the bridge.

Assuming things are ok, he will remount on the other side and make sure everyone knows we made it.


"Ruhk, the first goblins we encounter will be the targets. First to kill one in a single shot; I hate the buggers, but wouldn't want to see them suffer scratches from your from your petite shafts," she quips with a grin. "I win, you buy my next dagger. You win, and I'll craft you a quiver of fine elven arrows."


"Let's hope that these goblins are not hidden too deep in the marshes."

Assuming Marduzi and Smoke got across the brifge without any harm, she follows them over the bridge.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi and Smoke gradually step across the bridge. Boards creaking ominously underfoot. I really hope this holds up.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"So, who wants to bet our valliant companion safely traverses yon bridge? And who wants to bet he will take a tumble and a bath?"


Sorry! I accidentally started reading book three of a song of ice and fire and now it's two days later and I'm halfway through book four but behind on everything else.

The bridge creaks and shifts as Marduzi leads Smoke across its aged planks. All is going well, until a vine coiled around a bridge-piling rears up hissing under Smoke's rear hooves. It's a swamp serpent!

[ooc]Initiative, everyone. Marduzi, a handle animal check to control Smoke's instinct to bolt. Knowledge (nature) checks for those who might know more about snakes.


Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Know. (nature) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

51 to 100 of 1,274 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jormungandr's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.