Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Jade Regent

Game Master Will Cooper

A game of Jade Regent


851 to 900 of 1,274 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5

Not wanting to watch as the mage has poison course through his body and being helpless to aid him, Rommin quietly turns away. He keeps his bow ready, keeping watch while the others tend to Jordan.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"What do you all think? Should we get him back to Sandpoint and see if we can get help? This is beyond my experience."


Azmythe will help Jordan with his equipment and supplies. He looks with worry at Jordan. "We could use a return to Sandpoint now. This place will probably still be here upon our return."


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

"No, I am fine. I just needed someone to carry my stuff. Although I am weak, I can still function now."

He adds, "We go back with the treasure."


Male Magus 1 - HP 11/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Ft +4 Rf +2 Wi +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 |

Ruhk gives the mage a firm clap on the back.
"Brave man indeed! Luckily for you there is no shortage of muscle heads around to help with your pack. Even I might do in a pinch."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"I can help carry some of your stuff, Jordan. If whatever's down there hates the light as much as the spiders did, we may have an advantage while Marduzi's sunrod lasts."

Is this the spot indicated on the goblins' map, or a point en route?


Male Magus 1 - HP 11/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Ft +4 Rf +2 Wi +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 |

"Lady's got a point there, anything making its home deep in a cave is likely to not be very comfortable in bright light.
Good one Kelistra, you're not as dumb as I look hahaha."


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

"Thanks Kel, but Azmythe grabbed my book, water, and food. I pack pretty light anyway."


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"All right, let's continue on then and see what else these caves hold."


There is only one exit from the spider's cave. It slopes gently down and soon the floor is damp underfoot, then wet. The light from Halvor's coin and Kelistra's sword glints from water underfoot.

Soon the tunnels widens again into another natural cavern. Ahead the footing is relatively dry. Off to one side the water gets deeper, but you make out a small island, perhaps 15 feet away from dry land. Something gem-like glints on the island.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi looks around the cavern, trying to see if he can make out more of the island or any other exits or items in the cavern.
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"This looks ominous. What if we toss Halvor's bright coin out there to see if we can see more?"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"We could just wade over and find out what the shiny thing is."

Don't we have Marduzi's sunrod as well? I thought the duration was six hours on that.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Actually it is Malcolm's, but the duration question still holds.


Male Human Fighter 1 Current Hps 13/13, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, CMD 17, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +1, Init +2, Per +0

Halvor is willing to go out there with the coin if someone wants to go with


There's an exit ahead, across mostly dry land. The pond doesn't look very deep - knee height, maybe? Thigh deep? Marduzi sees more objects glinting and twinkling on the small island in the pond. It's too far to determine exactly what they are.

Halvor's coin and Kelistra's sword are the two light sources. Malcolm got to save his sunrod due to Halvor getting there first and overwhelming the darkness with blessed light.


"Beware. All that glitters is not gold."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Yeah! Sometimes it's magic gold," Kelistra says as she casts a spell to detect magic auras.

Detect Magic to see if she gets a response from the island.


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5

"We should certain investigate, but be wary of potential foes beneath the surface..."

Rommin readies his bow and scans the water, watching down the length of the arrow. He makes it clear that he'll try to cover anyone that ventures out into the water.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"I'll go with you Halvor. Let's see if Kelistra detects anything first. "


Male Magus 1 - HP 11/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Ft +4 Rf +2 Wi +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 |

Ruhk puts a hand on Marduzi's shoulder to stop him.
"Hang on there, trying to hog all the fun again? Not on my watch mister.
Let's flip for it, and just to show faith, I'll let you flip the coin, I'll take heads."

How about rolling a 1d2? 1 is head and 2 is tail.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Concentrating on finding magic auras here. A little quiet would help."


Male Magus 1 - HP 11/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Ft +4 Rf +2 Wi +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 |

"Yes mother..."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 14/CMD: 26/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Sorry - no notification of thread progression.

Malcolm turns around.

We three should all go when she is done.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi whispers, "Sure, let's just wait to see if she finds anything."


Male Magus 1 - HP 11/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Ft +4 Rf +2 Wi +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 |

This group conspires to steal my fun, they had better be good at drinking games.
God knows only one of them is easy on the eyes.


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Be carefull guys. Does any one have a torch or lantern to light too?


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Mother!? What the? Ruhk, you big... Augh!" Without any more thought of trying to locate magic auras, Kelistra splashes towards the island.


Male Magus 1 - HP 11/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Ft +4 Rf +2 Wi +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 |

Holding a hand over his lips to hide his snigger, Ruhk quickly hurries after Kelistra, partly to protect her, partly to get ahead of Malcolm and Marduzi.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 14/CMD: 26/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Malcom simply glances at Marduzi and shakes his head for a second before heading off after the others with his Greatsword drawn.


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Looking at the others alarmed the elf readied a bomb in case of an emergency.

Anon taram.


Kelistra detected several magical auras, all of them emanating from her companions and their gear. Kelistra, Ruhk, and Malcolm (and Marduzi?) splash forward into the ankle deep water. It's cold even through boots. Submerged rocks shift treacherously underfoot, and some foul water weed clings slickly to everything.

Acrobatic rolls from everyone who is crossing to the island.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Stupid guy. Older than me and calling me mother. Fine, next time I'll spank him," Kelistra mutters as she wades to the island.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 14/CMD: 26/Init: 2/Perc: 6

This is a little treacherous. I need to be careful, or I will surely fall.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 16


Male Magus 1 - HP 11/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Ft +4 Rf +2 Wi +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 |

Acrobatics:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

I love these guys, they are so easy to wind up.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Not quite as rash as the others, Marduzi holds his ground on the shore and calls out "Kelistra, what did you find out there? Any magic?"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Huh? Magic? Oh, yeah. No, no magic out here. Guess I just needed to cool off some. Man this water's cold."


A few slips and a few stumbles, but no falls and everyone stays dry. Until, that is, about half way across the shallow pond when the water around the intrepid waders suddenly rears up as if possessed. Three bulges of muddy water rise from the surface. One contains the partially digested skeleton of a rat; in another a human thighbone hangs motionless in the viscous fluid.

Kn(dungeoneering or nature) DC 11:

These are probable giant amoeba - a shapeless mass of living, liquid protoplasm. Though naturally translucent with darker interior spots, its surface is slightly sticky and tends to collect dirt and other debris from its environment; therefore, a moving giant amoeba looks like muddy water. A weaker cousin of creatures such as the gray ooze and black pudding, a giant amoeba is actually a mutated version of a harmless creature too small to be seen by the naked eye, grown dangerously large in size. Although happy to prey on creatures smaller than it, the giant amoeba’s constant hunger often drives it to attack larger prey, such as humanoids.

The blobs of 'water' move slowly, and despite their surprising emergence from the water, the party has initiative. Map coming soon.


Map. Feel free to adjust positions if you want. Light grey is the passage you are following - you have been heading north. Dark grey is solid stone. Blue is water. Red is the enemy. Initials should be obvious - ask if not :)


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Knowledge (dungeoneering) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Eew! Watch out! These blobby things are huge amoebas and they eat people and stuff," Kelistra says and ineffectually pokes the blobby thing in front of her with her rapier.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 14/CMD: 26/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Round 1, AC: 18, HP: 14/14

Malcolm briefly opens his mind (free action) to detect evil on the monsterous blobs. He then maneuvers five feet to J16 before bringing his Bastard Sword to bear.

BS ATT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
BS DAM: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Iralynash tosses his bomb trying to get as many foes as possible.

Toss bomb at H13, only splash dmg on both enemies. Dmg=4
Touch Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Healing Hex: Jordan
Jordan gave away his weapons so will stay back. If you need healing, come see him.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Round 1

Hearing the battle commence, Marduzi draws his greatsword and wades out to the fight. to J11 Standing next to Kelistra, he brings the sword down in a powerful blow against the amorphous creature.
Acrobatics 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15
Power Attack (Greatsword) 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 1 = 25
Damage (Greatsword, Power Attack) 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 2) + 10 = 15
Confirm (Greatsword) 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 1 = 19
Extra Damage if Confirmed (Greatsword, Power Attack) 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 1) + 10 = 17


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 14/CMD: 26/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Great dots Marduzi!


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5

Round 1: Hit points 12/12, AC: 16.

With Marduzi appearing to have Kelistra's rescue well in hand, Rommin sights in on the of the creatures closing on Malcolm in I14 and releases an arrow.

To hit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human Fighter 1 Current Hps 13/13, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, CMD 17, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +1, Init +2, Per +0

Halvor will delay and wait to aid someone if they get in trouble.


Male Magus 1 - HP 11/11 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Ft +4 Rf +2 Wi +1 | Init +2 | Perc +4 |

"Yummy, did someone order jelly for dessert? Looks like a pudding, we better cut it up right!"

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Slippery thing ain't you? Well, I'm going to have me a slize of you, no matter what."


Two of the amoebas smoke and quiver as they are scalded by Iralynash's bomb. Malcolm and Kelistra fail to connect, perhaps unbalanced by the uncertain footing. Rommin and Ruhk fair equally badly; but not so Marduzi, who leaves a torn and tattered sac of jelly weeping vital fluids into the chill water.

The congealed creatures ooze forward in slow-motion assault.

Attack Malcolm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, damage 1d3 + 1 + 1d3 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (3) = 7.
Attack Ruhk: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9, damage 1d3 + 1 + 1d3 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (2) = 5.

Have at them!


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Kelistra steps through the oozy remnants of the amoeba Marduzi mangled so one of the organisms is flanked between her and Malcolm. As soon as Kelistra is in position, she stabs the thing.

Attack 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5
Crit Confirm 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 2

"Hey! I hit something!"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 14/CMD: 26/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Round 2, AC: 18, HP: 14/14

Malcolm, seeing Kelistra move in, holds his flanking position and swings at the blob again.

BS ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
BS DAM: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

851 to 900 of 1,274 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jormungandr's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.