Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Jade Regent

Game Master Will Cooper

A game of Jade Regent


801 to 850 of 1,274 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

I'd be happy to say "yes" to darkvision, but I'll have to say "no" all the same.


Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Low Light Vision but not Darkvision


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

No darkvision. Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"Not that the loss of light wasn't bad enough already, but I have this terrible feeling that spiders might be nearby."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"What? No I'm not about to joke about spiders at Marduzi’s expense, once you've seen a wolf spider the size of a bull kill and suck dry a man in less than a minute you stop thinking fear of spiders is humorous."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Let's light this place up!


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Iniciat: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Only low light vision

Anon taram!!!

Elvish:

#%€£$!!!


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5

To summarize (and please correct me if I am wrong):

21 Jordan – Normal vision
20 Azmythe – Low light vision
15 Marduzi – Normal vision
14 Kelistra (6) – Normal vision
14 Iralynash (5) – Low light vision
13 Rommin (4) – Low light vision
13 Ruhk (2) – Normal vision
10 Malcolm – Normal vision
6 Halvor - Darkvision


Thanks Rommin.

Halvor:
Three giant spiders scuttle into view atop the boulder-strewn floor of the cavern. They're about 15 to 20 feet away from the group.

It's pitch dark. A faint scuttling sound competes with the sound of your own breathing and the surge of blood in your ears.

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Creatures' turn.

Halvor:
You see the three spiders each gather a ball of webbing in their front limbs and swiftly cast it at the group. To your dark-adapted eyesight, the webbing seems to glisten with an inky sheen - almost darker than the surrounding blackness.

GM Rolls:

Web attack on Malcolm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17.
Web attack on Ruhk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23.
Web attack on Iralynash: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6.

In the darkness, things move. Iralynash, you feel the faintest brush of something soft and silken, with a faint tingle but no real harm. Malcolm and Ruhk, strong silken strands wrap round you from out of the darkness. You are snared, and the strands burn with an evil icy chill.

Malcolm and Ruhk are entangled, and take 1 hit point of negative energy damage each. DC 12 Strength check or Escape Artist check to free yourself. Party's turn - you can make perception/listen rolls to find out where the enemy is, and Halvor can direct.


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

What happened?


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

"I can't see SH*&"
Jordan delays.
"What's going on?"
Note to self: light cantrip


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Once in a blue moon, you gotta keep your trap shut, Kelistra thinks as she tries to locate the source of the ominous sounds.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human Fighter 1 Current Hps 13/13, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, CMD 17, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +1, Init +2, Per +0

On Halvor's turn, spoilering since I go pretty far back

"There are three strange spiders back there

Halvor's actions:
I will use my daylight SLA on a coin and toss it somewhere between us and them so the light hopefully encompasses both of us


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Assuming that is good enough...(otherwise, send him off blundering in the wrong direction)

Marduzi moves forward toward where he thinks he hears the rasp of a very large spider leg across the floor swinging his sword blindly in the dark.
Concealment miss chance, low is bad 1d100 ⇒ 99
Attack (Greatsword, Power Attack) 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 1 = 8
Damage (Greatsword, Power Attack) 2d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 7 + 3 = 18


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Damn, trapped! Well, I'm no fly, nor am I going to be someone’s lunch!
...is it lunchtime by the way?"

Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"Agh, still stuck, try to keep them off me til I get lose."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Since the Perception roll was high, I'll roll an attack for this round.

Kelistra approaches the spot where Ruhk is struggling to free himself and waits for the spider sound to approach him. When she thinks she has a fix on the thing skittering towards its prey, she thrusts her glowing rapier blade to where she thinks its body should be.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4 Concealment - Low is bad 1d100 ⇒ 42


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Pereception: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Malcolm easily shrugs off the webbing, and he draws a sunrod from his pack.

We need the light of Abadar!

Malcolm will also use his at will ability to Detect Evil. If they are evil, then he should be able to pinpoint their location, no?


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Per 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Disoriented, Jordan waits for the sunrod and advances casting.
Fire erupts from his fingers at the spiders.
Jordan tries to spray as many as he can.
2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 1 = 6fire
burning hands Ref DC 16


Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

@GM Will: I would crack open the sunrod as part of my action, but I was not sure if I used everything up with the web escape and drawing it out of my pack?


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Right now I'd be grateful for ANY light, Abadar or not you know.
Damn, these nets are cold...unatural."


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5

Rommin will delay his turn until someone is able to produce a light source. Once there is a light, he'll shoot one of the spiders.

To hit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

I would think std action to escape, move to draw and light a sunrod, assuming it was accessible.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Thast is what I would think too, but I will await GM Will's ruling.It may have been a full round action to escape?


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Iralynash awaits for a light source to toss one of his bombs.Delay initiative until someone produce a light source.


Didn't mean to hold things up.

Azmythe readies his crossbow and delays.


OK, partial resolution for this round.
@Malcolm, escaping is a standard action, so you can move and draw your sunrod. However, it's another standard action to strike a sunrod, so that will have to wait until next round.

Malcolm rips his way out of the webbing with ease. Before he can raise a light, Halvor's muttered invocation causes a wave of blinding daylight to spill out from a small coin. The illumination is stark and bright, throwing shadows across the cavern. Three giant spiders rear back, shielding their multiple eyes from the violent beams of light.

Marduzi and Kelistra both miss, despite the sudden bright light.

Rommin's arrow buries itself into a spider, leaving it oozing ichor.

Jordan's fire catches just one spider - the same that Rommin targeted.

Ruhk remains caught in the spiders' flung webbing.

Azmythe and Iralynash are up.


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Is it possible for me to attack one or more of the spiders with my bombs without hiting Marduzi and Kelistra? If be answer is yes I will toss a bomb trying to get the injured one and maybe one more with the splash. If I can only get one without hurting the others that is what i will do. If i have no clear shoot I will charge the injured one.

Making use of the sudden light Iralynash attacks the spiders.

Bomb:

Ranged Touch Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Fire Dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Splash Dmg: 4

Charge:

Atk: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10
2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11


Iralynash 's bomb finishes the spider that Rommin and Jordan had already hurt.

Azmyth has an action, then the spiders' turn.


Azmythe is delaying.


The remaining two spiders scuttle forward maybe ten or fifteen feet, closing to melee range. One attacks Marduzi, the other attacks Jordan. Their attacks seem hesitant in the unfamiliar brightness.

Attack Marduzi: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 1 = 5, damage 1d6 ⇒ 4
Attack Jordan: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 1 = 21, damage 1d6 ⇒ 5
Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 1 = 14, damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Jordan is pierced with cruel mandibles. Jordan take 8 hp damage and please make a DC 14 Fort save.

The webbing wrapped around Ruhk continues to numb his flesh with a burning chill. 1 hp damage.

Party's turn!


Azmythe will move up to Jordan and use his Healing Hex 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Come on Ruhk, stop messing around!" Kelistra will help Ruhk get out of the webs.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Do we have a map?

Round 1, AC: 18, HP: 14/14

Malcolm will step up and attack the spider on Jordan.

BS ATT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
BS DAM: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

FORT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Status=3/11


Male Human Fighter 1 Current Hps 13/13, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, CMD 17, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +1, Init +2, Per +0

Halvor will cast bless for the party


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Believe me, I'm trying. Almost as hard as when I was trying to escape the ropes a lusty ogress once trapped me in."

Strength check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"There we go, I thought that image might lend me some strength."
Ruhk shakes himself free and steps up to join Marduzi, leaving the other spider for Malcolm.

"You're slipping Marduzi, I gave you several moments to finish this off without me."


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5

Seeing one of the spiders deliver a vicious bite to Jordan, Rommin responds with an arrow in the mage's defense.

To hit 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Round 2

"We'll see what's left for you Ruhk." quips Marduzi as he swings his greatsword down attempting to slice the spider in two.
Attack (Greatsword, Power Attack) 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 1 = 19
Damage (Greatsword, Power Attack) 2d6 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 + 3 = 14


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Iralynash charges Jordan's attacker but misses.

Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Dmg: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


No map for this combat I'm afraid. Now that Halvor has resolved the darkness, I don't think things will last long enough to matter.

Marduzi and Malcolm each leave gaping wounds in their chosen targets. The spiders hiss and chitter in verminous rage as they writhe around the cruel steel blades. Rommin's arrow, guided by Halvor's blessing, plunges into a spider's abdomen. Both spiders are clearly critically wounded, but their tiny insectoid minds have no room for fear or flight.

Iralynash misses with what would have been a killing blow from his hammer.

Jordan feels poison winding through his veins from the deep spider bites. Azmythe's healing restores his wounded body, but he still feels unnaturally weak. Jordan, lose 1d2 ⇒ 2 points of strength, and next round make another DC 14 Fort save.

Ruhk bursts free from the deathly webbing before Kelistra reaches him. Kelistra, you can choose another action if you'd like to.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Kellistra sees Ruhk freeing himself and pushes forward to stab one of the spiders.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

FORT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
-2 STR (-4?) Jordan feels 3/11 hp
He manages to fire off a force bolt
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 at the most wounded spider.


Male Human Fighter 1 Current Hps 13/13, AC 21, T 13, FF 18, CMD 17, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +1, Init +2, Per +0
Jordan Andosano wrote:

-2 STR (-4?) Jordan feels 3/11 hp

You should be at 8/11 Jordan from the healing hex


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

8/11hp, got it
Jordan readies another bolt.


And Kelistra and Jordan between them dispatch the last two spiders. The blackly twitching corpses start to scorch and dissolve in the bright light from Halvor's coin. Within seconds there is nothing but discolored patches of stone showing where the unnatural spiders died.

Jordan continues to feel the after-effects of the spider's poison. Another Fortitude save please Jordan. DC is 14.

The cavern narrows ahead, leaving only one obvious way to continue.


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan still fights the poison in his system.
Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

-4 STR total?

Jordan gasps under his small load as his weakened state makes carrying the slightest load difficult.

"Malcolm, my pouches are too heavy. Even my spellbook is heavy."

Jordan tries to hand off his water, rations, and a spellbook.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Poison that saps the strength of a body, icy nets that burn with unnatural cold, and finally they dissolve upon death.
Whatever those things were, they were NOT natural...I'm afraid my knowledge is useless for telling what they were."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"They're dead, now," Kelistra says. "Though it would be good to know what they've done to Jordan."

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3; Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Both efforts to figure out what kind of nasty spiders we dealt with.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"That would be the poison I think, can someone see if it is still in his system? We don't want Jordan to suffer more of it's effects."

801 to 850 of 1,274 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jormungandr's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.