Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jade Regent

Game Master Will Cooper

A game of Jade Regent


701 to 750 of 1,274 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Azmythe Detects Magic and attempts to identify each of the magical items that the party has acquired.
Take rolls as needed.
Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30
Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 21
Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29
Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18
Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19
Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13
Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29
Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 = 15


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Looking around the elf ponders.

I see no fireworks anywhere. Maybe that was the chief's "treasure" that was stolen...

Iralynash walks around the village looking for the fireworks. He does not get far away from the rest of the group.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Well done Kelistra. It is a shame they ruined the fan. It looks like a nice piece. I don't think I've ever seen something in this style before. In fact, everything in that chest looks a little unusual. If you're not sure of the location Rommin, I may still be able to guide us there following the map. Is everyone up for heading there before returning to town or would you prefer to return first? Smoke can help carry some of the heavier items."


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

"We can camp here or back in town, but I need some down time to get my mojo back."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Seeing as everyone is busy looting and pillaging, Ruhk chuckles a little and goes against the nature of his people by NOT joining in.
Instead he sneaks outside the village gates and begins to roam around, looking for any unusual tracks that may identify where the foes struck at the village.
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


On further and more detailed examination, both magical and mundane, you determine the following:

The bow is a masterwork longbow
The arrows are six +1 animal bane arrows
The vial contains two doses of potion of cure light wounds
The tarnished silver ring is a ring of protection +1
The scroll contains the spells fire breath, and snapdragon fireworks
The garnets are worth 25 gp each
The broach is non-magical and worth 75 gp
The chest itself is worth 150 gp in addition to its contents. Iralynash notes that its decoration is very similar to items he has seen in Ameiko's house in Sandpoint.
The fan is worth 50 gp, and has the map.

Marduzi reckons that following the trail from the village to the 'X' on the crude map will take a couple of hours. Ruhk's detailed investigation of tracks around the village confirms that the attackers arrived by walking straight through the pond. They were humanoid, mostly booted, but he finds some imprints of skeletal feet. They left the village and the trail heads out into the swamp in the same general direction as is marked on the map.

Over to you to divide up treasure and plan your next step. The day is wearing on, but it is not yet far into the afternoon. Combat always seems to take longer than it really does...


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"May as well rest here," Kelistra says. "Between the things we fought on the road and the goblins, I think Jordan isn't the only one who needs to recharge his... Mojo? That some kind of wizard thing?"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

I can rest now if necessary, and I will volunteer for the first watch. Let us take a defensible position.

I will throw in my lot for either the cure potion or the Ring of Protection.


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan replies, "I think I heard the term mojo from some Varisian gypsies. A ring of protection is more suited to a front liner, but like all wizards, I can never have enough spells in my book."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Finding a herb that tastes nice and freshens the breath, Ruhk strolls back to join the others.
"Critters that struck at the village came from the pond, seems they walked right in and all."

Plopping down on the ground and leaning back against a wall whit his hands behind his head, Ruhk continues.
"Most of them wore boots, but not all, the prints were very...skeletal"

Catching a glimpse of the map he chuckles.
"What do you know? Looks like we are heading towards the same way, and since this attack didn't happen so long ago, if we left now and hurried we might catch up with them...but I'm thinking we don't want to do that?"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Oh, sure Jordan. Blame your slang on Varisians," Kelistra says with a smile. "I could press on, but my singing voice won't be good for much until I rest it. But I've got a sword and a bow, just hope I'll have better luck hitting the baddies with them."


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5

I'd like to throw in for the masterwork bow. Perhaps the animal bane arrows would be best spread amongst our bow users? Maybe two each to three of us?

"I would be in favor of resting here unless any of you need anything from Sandpoint. We could use one of these buildings to hole up in. I would be willing to keep watch during part of the night so many of you could have uninterrupted rest. Well, uninterrupted by the need to take a turn guarding us, anyway." he says with a broad smile.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk wave’s asides the treasures until he spots the brooch.
"Hmmm, that's nice, classy even. It would look good on a handsome man like me.
Well, until I find a woman who is sweet and warm, then it will look even better on her."

Unslinging Bethany and drawing her from her sheath, Ruhk smiles.
"I'm not very interested in any of the other items, I've got my girl here, and I got my skills, what more do I need...except piles and piles of gold, ale and warm women?
...
You didn't find any of those did you?"

Having said his piece, Ruhk begins to carefully oil and polish Bethany.


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

That ring looks nice enough and I would love to have it the elf says scraching his chin but if some of you plate wearing folk can put it to better use by all means take it. I will take my cut in gold. By the way, I know somebody in Sandpoint that maybe interested in that chest and stuff.
After some tought
How many goblins ears did we got after all?


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

"We got enough to impress my sister. The head of the king will be the clincher. Put me down for first watch."


Azmythe moves over to Jordan. "Would it be ok if Enoch studied with you from time to time?" Azmythe barely takes note of the treasure and has no opinion about resting.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

We also have the cloak of protection from Ruhk and Marduzi's adventure with the Warden. Marduzi would prefer the ring or cloak, but would also take a cut of treasure in gold.

"I'll volunteer for the last watch. I'll need to get up early to get Smoke ready anyway and his eyes are sharp in the dawn light, so you'll have an extra pair of eyes as well."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Well, I should probably take a watch close to dusk or dawn, I don't see too well in the dark, unlike some members of our merry band.
However, first and last is spoken for, so I'M going to tuck in now. G'nite."

Ruhk leans back against the wall, rests Bethany back in her sheat and hold her under his arm.
Before long he is snoring deeply.


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan nods to Azmythe, "Hoarding magic isn't my style. The more people learn to use it, the better the discipline will be."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8

"I'll take a watch at the darkest part of the night. My eyes are blessed in seeing in the dark."


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Iralynash will take any turn left un-manned.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Wake me when it's my turn."


Azmythe will sleep through the night. Enoch might be up during the night, though.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Malcolm's First Watch...Pereception: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5

Let's go with:

First Watch: Malcolm, Enoch (Azmythe’s raven familiar), Iralynash.
Second Watch: Halvor, Rommin.
Third Watch: Ruhk, Marduzi.
Sleep through the night: Azmythe, Jordan.

For now, why don’t we go with: Malcolm takes the ring of protection +1, Kelistra carries the fan, Rommin takes the masterwork bow and 3 of the animal bane arrows, Jordan takes the scroll, Ruhk takes the brooch and three animal bane arrows and Marduzi takes the potion of cure light wounds (both doses) and keeps the cloak of protection. The rest of the valuables can go into the chest, including the goblin ears (19 ears by my count; can anyone double check that?). We can tie the chest to Smoke if Marduzi is willing and it won’t interfere with combat.

Rommin will suggest ”That puts into use everything that can help us survive the next few days while we check out this map. When we get back to Sandpoint, we can more carefully divide the valuables amongst us in as fair a manner as possible. Perhaps at the end of this map, we’ll find more that we have to divide as well! And some of us who have a valuable in our possession now” he nods at the bow, ring and cloak ”May want to relinquish them in favor of other treasures yet to be discovered.”


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Sounds good - done!


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"That sounds like a good plan Rommin. I'm sure Smoke would not mind bearing the chest at all. It is small and should not get in the way. I'm not sure how well he'll like the goblin ears, but if we wrap them well, it should be fine. I too am eager to see what awaits us ahead."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhks only contribution to the talks is a loud snore and a mutter that seems to be about a woman called Nora and her home-baked apple pies with cinnamon.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. Since you didn't include me for a watch, I'll take third watch with Marduzi and Ruhk."


Azmythe agrees with Rommin's suggestions. Enoch is ok with the plan as long as he gets dibs on the eyes.

Ruhk "The Dandy" wrote:

Finding a herb that tastes nice and freshens the breath, Ruhk strolls back to join the others.

"Critters that struck at the village came from the pond, seems they walked right in and all."

Plopping down on the ground and leaning back against a wall whit his hands behind his head, Ruhk continues.
"Most of them wore boots, but not all, the prints were very...skeletal"

Catching a glimpse of the map he chuckles.
"What do you know? Looks like we are heading towards the same way, and since this attack didn't happen so long ago, if we left now and hurried we might catch up with them...but I'm thinking we don't want to do that?"

As the group prepares for the night Azmythe turns to Ruhk and, as if the ulfen had just spoken the words, asks "Do you know if the beings stayed in the water or did they come out on the other side?"


Ruhk, were he awake, would be able to tell Azmythe that more than ten creatures walked in through the lake, and slightly fewer left by the now-ruined gates.

The night passes uneventfully, if not comfortably, and a noxious dawn fog greets the rising sun.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Hnnh? Well, from what I could read by looking at the tracks, they walked THROUGH the pond, so they didn't stay there.
But now that you come to mention it, I did find fewer tracks leaving the place. Might be the gobbos claimed a few...or that a few of them are still around."


"They walked through rather than swam? They moved in a direct line rather than taking the path of less resistance as?"
I'm pretty sure the answer will be yes.
"It does sound like undead." Azmythe pauses and looks at Enoch. His face goes through several emotions as Enoch moves his head in a sagely fashion. "I will be of not much use against them magically." Azmythe goes and prepares his weapons.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Upon rising, Malcolm refreshes himself, takes care ofr necessities and shoulders his pack and checks his weapons. After a brief prayer to Abadar as the light tries to break through the dense fog, he stands.

I am ready. Which direction?


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan spends some quiet time learning his spells and joins Malcolm.
"I wouldn't have known what to do with a pet goblin chief anyway. They probably make a mess and don't clean up after themselves."


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Assuming everyone is fully recovered, I would say let's follow the map first. We can see if the tracks go to the same location and if not, perhaps we follow them next." Marduzi saddles Smoke and secures the chest while everyone else is breaking camp and prepares to head out.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Malcolm smiles at Jordan.

I agree. We do not need the extra baggage, especially of the type that lacks perfection in appearance or deed.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Right, but let me move in front this time, I'll keep a sharp look out for tracks and such as we move."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Lead the way Dandy.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Yeah, let's get out of here. I never realized that dead goblins would be so stinky.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk looks Malcolm up and down slowly, then he chuckles and grins.
"Funny, people who call me that normaly have much bigger breasts than you do...and less stubble."

"By the way, moving at this pace will leave plenty of time for anyone who wants to try a little hunting or foraging."

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5
Kelistra Drav wrote:
"Yeah, let's get out of here. I never realized that dead goblins would be so stinky.

"Considering how stinky live goblins are, I can't say I'm surprised."

Sorry about Kelistra not being on the watch list; she was on the Word document version I'd made but got cut off when I copied it over to the webform.

Rommin relaxes as Ruhk takes the lead, but keeps an eye out for any pertinent signs he may miss... Aid Another Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi eases Smoke in behind Ruhk, keeping an eye on the trail left by the goblins and whatever the other creatures are while we follow the map. Survival to assist Ruhk 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Watch your tongue, son. Where I come from, Dandy is no term of endearment. Rather, it alludes to a male possesing an overt air of feminine qualities.


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Addressing Malcolm: "Malcolm, I'll try to keep you awake, and you can keep me from being hit." Jordan smiles, but is somewhat serious. "I also need a witness to back up my story of our glorious standoff on the roofops with the goblin chief when we see my sister. Maybe Kel can make a song?"


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk barks out a laugh.
"The mans got a wicked tounge and is not afraid to use it. Doesn't change the fact that you need a shave, want to borrow my razor tonight? One should always be at one's best, who know, one might run into a lovely elven lass in the woods.
Just like in the song."

"Oh, there were three lovely lasses from Liebon...
Three lovely lasses they were..."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

LOL...exactly...not that there is anything wrong with that.

Jordan, sounds good, and I for one can definitely vouch for the veracity of the standoff. I could even give a first hand account, just before I nearly was taken to Abadar's side.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"I'll see what I can do about the song, Jordan. Do you want me to leave out the part where you woke up the sleeping goblin with your flames?"


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Iralynash follows the others whistling in low tones an elven march. He try to stay in the middle of the pack and watch the woods around them.


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

"That part with the burning sleeping goblins I was hoping would stay out of the chorus." Jordan says with a smile.

701 to 750 of 1,274 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jormungandr's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.