Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jade Regent

Game Master Will Cooper

A game of Jade Regent


651 to 700 of 1,274 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Map. Party actions.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Despite Kelistra's last moment effort to get out of the fiery projectile's path, it hits her in the chest. The rocket's impact hurts a lot, but more annoying are the bright lights that dance across her eyes, even when they're closed. Oh, well. Not like I could hit anyone normally, she thinks.

"Twinkle, twinkle, Pointy Hat," the melody of Kelistra's ongoing performance has transitioned to an old nursery tune. "How I wonder where you're at. I see a shadow over there, I'm shooting now, best beware. Twinkle, twinkle, Pointy Hat. Did I find where you're at?"

Attack 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 - 1 = 7 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 6 This is the last round of Kelistra's Inspire Courage.


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan jumps to his feet Move and retreats 30 feet from the scary goblin move 2.

Afterwards, he shakes his fear and looks back.

"Make them pay for their treachery. Get those left."


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi grabs hold of the rough wood rungs of the ladder and races his way to the top. See another firework go flying from the rooftop he groans, "Oh no, I knew they'd have more."

I suspect it is a double move to the top, but if I still have movement left, move me to that square where I would threaten both spellcasters and the chief. Should be able to get there without an AoO if I have enough movement.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Round 1 & 2, AC: 17, HP 1/14, Courage Inspired, AoO

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

AoO BS ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
AoO BS DAM: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Malcolm 5 foot steps forward, bleeding profusely and severly wounded and attacks the leader.

BS ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
BS DAM: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk gives a great whoop of delight, racing up the ladder after Marduzi.
"The fun just never stops around these parts!"


If he can get a shot Azmythe will take it.

Lt Crossbow:
to hit 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5

Move up next to Kelistra and match her shot at the pointy hatted fellow.

To hit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Shaking his surprise off the elf moves foward 30ft in the direction of the goblin chief's hut for a better attack position. From there he tosses another of his bombs at the goblin leader. Damned humans didnt grab the treasure map. Fools! he thinks to himself.

Touch Atk: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 19
Fire Dmg: 1d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 6
Splash Dmg: 4 = 4


Resolutions.

Malcolm's counter attack nearly kills the brown-robed goblin advisor, and it is finished by splash damage from Iralynash's alchemical bomb.

Rommin hits the goblin in the pointy hat and it shrieks curses at his ancestry. Azmythe's bolt takes it in the forehead, permanently silencing its foul-mouthed yelpings.

Kelistra's arrow veers wide as dancing lights scatter across her vision.

Malcolm steps over the brown robed corpse and inflicts a severe wound on Chief Redwattle, as both Marduzi and Ruhk arrive atop the hut in time to crowd the beleaguered creature.


Goblins

The chief is brought to bay on the roof of his own hut. At close quarters he drops his bow and quaffs a potion before drawing a pair of rusty cleavers. He wields one vicious weapon in each hand.

New map. Party actions.


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Those look really nasty chief, but I'm afraid it looks even nastier for you." Marduzi swings his greatsword against the chief, looking to bring it in over his blades.
Attack (Greatsword, Bardic Performance) 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Damage (Greatword, Bardic Performance) 2d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5) + 7 + 1 = 14


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Round 3, AC: 17, HP 1/14, Courage Inspired

Seeing his companions arrive, Malcolm, near to falling unconscious from his wounds and blood loss, steps back diagonnally 5 feet to stand next to Marduzi and away from the chief. He shouts down to the others,

I need healing!


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Good one Marduzi, we'll make you a proficient smacktalker yet.
Say Chief, how do you like yer steak? I like mine BLOODY!"

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5

Rommin watches the battle with the chief down the length of a nocked arrow shaft. For several tense moments, he gauges the tempo of the melee before sending in a single arrow to aid his allies.

If the blades already posted don't drop the goblin chief, Rommin will fire a single arrow at the chief.

To hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

The crazy lights finally clear out of Kelistra's eyes and she starts moving towards the rooftop melee. "Hey, you!" She shouts at the chief. "Stop picking on Malcolm. I'm the only one around here that gets to pick on Ameiko's fans." She then sings a single note--high, shrill, and discordant--that somehow contains a strange power that's focused on the goblin.

Move to the space north of Halvor and west of Iralynash. Cast Daze on the chief, DC 14 but only if he has 4 or fewer HD.


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Iralynash back treks 15ft and climbs a ledder to join the melee on the roff tops if needed.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8

Halvor will follow Iralynash and try get into into the fray if possible


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan rushes over to deal with the goblin shamans.


Azmythe has done his part. He allows the others to do theirs.


Marduzi, Ruhk, and Rommin strike within seconds of each other. Pierced by blade and arrow the goblin leader falls, choking on red foam. So passes Chief Redwattle of Licktoad Village.

Silence reigns among the ruins of the village.

Combat over - well done everyone. The village is yours to explore, and we are no longer on initiative. What are you doing?


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk sighs deeply as he looks around.
"Did we get all the little blighters? We didn't miss a few by any chance? Just one or two...maybe?"

Shruging a little, Ruhk turns to look in the direction the chief came from.
"Let's see if we can find the chiefs hut, might be some treasure there."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

I could really use some healing...can anyone oblige?

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8

Making sure no goblins get healed, Halvor gathers those who are damaged

1d6 ⇒ 6 channel


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Oh, and since we have a chance now, don't forget to gather ears. Anyone want to borrow my skinning knife?"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Feeling the energies Halvor summoned healing her body, Kelistra smiles and says, "Thanks, Halvor. If they'd hit me with another of those firecrackers, I'd have been a goner."

She shakes her head in response to Ruhk's question. "Uh, no. I won't be needing the knife. Looks like I was tricked into buying fancy arrows that fly away from their target. No ears for me this trip."


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk chuckles as he bends down over the chief.
"Are you sure you are not just saying that because you don't WANT to cut off ears?
Because I'd be happy to lend it to you."


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"No, no. Fair's fair. You got the kills, you get the ears."

"So, anyone have an idea where that treasure map wound up? Tramping through the swamp until we randomly run into a bunch of those dead things isn't my idea of fun."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Thank you Halvor for the blessing, but may I have yet another?

You notice by his wounds that Malcolm is still bleeding profusely, and everyone can tell just how close to death he really was.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8

"Of course Malcolm"

Halvor closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. A long noticeable moment passes then he opens his eyes touching Malcolm

Halvor casts cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

"Thanks for covering my play with the enchantment. I really pulled Malcolm into the meatgrinder and made him kiss my frog. Those negotiations showed how little goblins can be trusted."

As the loot is gathered, "I can learn identify tomorrow and find out what all this stuff does tomorrow."

Jordan recovers his frog and puts it in a big cloak pocket.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Malcolm breathes a sigh of relief as he was infused with the blessing offered by Halvor on behalf of Iori.

Thank you again, Halvor. Abadar and I are truly grateful for the perfection of harmony that you have obtained with Iori, and it will not be forgotten.

He bows humbly, and he turns to Jordan.

It was a sound plan, and it was nearly successful in its implementation. The results were beneficial in any event. There are many paths to enlightened perfection, and we simply ended up with one bathed in blood. Ultimately, we prevailed, and the world is better off without these pests.


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5

After the healing energy washes over Rommin, he smiles broadly and wipes away the surface blood from his skin where the actual wounds have knitted.

He then sets about the scene of the battle, collecting arrows that are still good and ears that will be worth gold to them later. He'll be careful not to get out of sight of the others while going about the morbid task, in case other threats lurk.


"Jordan, why put that off for tomorrow? Let us make good use of today." I have a +10 with ranks and elven awesomeness. If you give Aid we should be able to make the roll for any items we have.


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

I was under the impression the outcome of our expedition would be divided in equal parts among all the participants Kelistra. Iralynash says pulling his knife and crouching besides the goblin chief's body. He cuts off its ears and search the remains.

Do not understimate the importance of your magical support kid. It was nice having you around he says to the girl with a sincere but somewhat patronizing smile.

Speaking of group play you guys really could have b$#*@+~+ted this one he points at the deceased goblin leader a little longer and grabbed that treasure map... shake his head sadly ...where is your priorities people? priorities...

After finishing with the chief he moves to the advisor and other goblins making a pile of their possetions on the floor and mumbling under his breath.
The ale doesn't buy himself y'know...

Search goblin's bodies, chief, advisors and commum warriors.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Priorities? I got my priorities nicely arranged.
Let's see...Fun, ale, fun, fight, fun...and stories or songs."

"Who has good wine should not be mean
but pour the bad stuff down the latrine.
So come, my lord, flagon it out!
And let your merry companions shout...!

This song wants DRINK!
This song wants DRINK!

When I see wine into the goblet slip.
how I yearn to drown in it!
My heart sings best at the thought of booze,
this then is a contest I'll never lose!
I thirst for a sup, come circle the cup!

This song wants DRINK!
This song wants DRIIIINK!"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Iralynash calls me a kid, but Ruhk's the one who acts like this is a game," Kelistra says quietly. Then loudly enough everyone can hear, "This kid's going to look in the huts to see where they hid the fireworks. Next time I want to be on the firing end of the rockets." Kelistra starts searching in the hut the chief came out of.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Splitting the reward makes sense to me. Any side bets can be resolved among those who bet. Of course we have to get back to town before we can really count our goblin ears. I'll help you all search and provide cover. I'm not sure all is lost for not getting the map. I don't exactly trust a goblin's skills at mapmaking and I have a feeling those that fell on the goblin's may not have all that much skill at hiding a trail."

Marduzi moves with the rest through the village searching for valuables among the rubbish of the goblins.
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8

"I'll help you guys find anything of vlaue or interest". Halvor another section of the village and searches

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Should I roll a perception to search the bodies? If so:
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

I think we're better at searching than fighting :) Holy cow that was a good string of rolls!


Alright you eagle eyed bunch.

Your search of the goblin chief and his minions produces the following items of note:
A finely crafted longbow
Six magical arrows
A vial of murky red liquid
A tarnished silver ring
A scroll
A rat's skull
A small cloth bag full of live maggots

In the hut below, Kelistra's keen senses uncover an ornate chest, beautiful under a layer of filth. It was under a ruined table and may have been missed by whoever - whatever - relieved the goblins of their treasure.

Marduzi and Halvor turn up, amidst the trash, a bundle containing 12 gold pieces, two garnets, and a brass brooch stamped with the mark of a knight's shield.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"This beats goblin ears any day," Kelistra says when she notices the ornate chest. Her first step in examining the chest is performing a quick ritual to notice mystical auras. Then a quick search for mundane traps.

Detect Magic on the chest. Then Perception (detect traps) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Will: Hope you don't mind my taking both actions in one post.


Elf [hp = 12/12; AC12/T12/ff10; F +0; R+2; W+3 CMD 12] Wizard 2 (Sin Mage/sloth)

"Where is the treasure map?"


@Kelistra - I don't mind at all. Actions only really applying combat, otherwise just tell me what you're doing and make any useful-seeming rolls.

The chest is not magical, and you see no traps.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Kelistra pulls the chest out from under the table. She quickly brushes the worst of the dust off it then opens it.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Malcolm meditates briefly as his lips move slightly in prayer to Abadar.


The chest is clearly a work of art in its own right, though of foreign design, with crimson and black lacquer, and delicate etchings of cranes and frogs. Inside is a small hoard of shiny things.

Kelistra finds:
six masterwork shuriken,
329 sp and 112 gp in loose coins,
paired long hairpins with a red pearl at one end worth 150 gp each
and a gold-and-ivory fan depicting a gecko walking amid cherry blossoms

Because you made such impressive perception rolls...

On the back of the fan, you quickly discover a crudely drawn map of the swamp, with a large X near the coast and a route marked from a little pictogram-hut.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Kelistra quietly admires the workmanship of the chest and its contents. She's amazed that Redwattle and his minions would have appreciated anything other than coins. Then she notices the map on back of the fan. "Stupid gobs, went and ruined the prettiest piece of the bunch."

She carefully closes the chest and caries it out to the courtyard. "Hey, guys!" Kelistra calls to her companions. "I think I found the treasure map."


Human Barbarian 2 HPs 28/28 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 17 Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +5
Kelistra Drav wrote:
Kelistra calls to her companions. "I think I found the treasure map."

Rommin strides over when Kelistra announces this. "A map, eh? May I see?"

Assuming she shares it, Rommin will examine the fan and try to place where that "X" on the map may be. If he can narrow that down, perhaps he can estimate how long it would take them to get there?

Knowledge Geography 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

He'll also openly admire the bow found, going so far as to string it and test the pull on it. Reluctantly, he returns it to the spot where the group has been gathering items and value and interest from around the camp.

651 to 700 of 1,274 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jormungandr's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.