Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jade Regent

Game Master Will Cooper

A game of Jade Regent


601 to 650 of 1,274 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Elf [hp = 7/7; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+3 CMD 11] Wizard 1 (Sin Mage/sloth)

perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Come on chief, I am here to help you. Joining forces makes both our groups stronger. You can't survive without my help the next attack of undead or humans. My way is the only way--pack up your stuff and come with us. Or are you not really interested in my help."

Maybe the charm spell didn't work. I thought he would be more friendly.

Jordan fingers the components for a burning hands spell and is prepared to cast it upon any hostile action on the Chief's part.

Ready burning hands for hostile order or action from chief.


Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Azmythe's continues to hope that this can end without further bloodshed. Enoch circles above.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Why are the helpers stepping away?" Kelistra ponders aloud. "Jordan and Malcolm have to smell better than their chief. I guess you just can't tell with goblins..." The bard starts climbing up to the roof next to her to get a clear shot at the goblins with Redwattle.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Alch 1, HP 10/10 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 | Will +0 | CMD 15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 | Knowledge(Arcana/Nature) +6
Resources:
Bombs 2/3 | Extracts - 1st: 3/3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Iralynash starts to clean his nails to pass the time.


Halvor, Azmythe, Kelistra:
You see the pointy-hatted assistant goblin surreptitiously take something small and cylindrical from the folds of its robes. It starts muttering under its breath, and with a flash of insight you realize that it is reading a spell from a scroll. Spellcraft might tell you what the spell is; or you can take one other action.

The chief visibly struggles with Jordan's persuasive words. He knows that Jordan is a friend, but equally he knows that the best bet for his tribe is to grab whatever treasure they can and get find somewhere new to live. He comes to a reluctant decision, "Okay, okay. Is new deal. We travel with you to get the treasure, then you help us leave swamp forever. Is good? Is deal?"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"You don't want to read that boring old scroll pointy hat," Kelistra sings loudly and clear. It's obvious this is no ordinary song and her intended audience is the goblin assistant. "Trust your chief so big and fat, he'll get us the treasure map, and you will take a nice long nap." Horrible rhyme, but these are goblins not music critics.

Sleep spell centered on pointy hat. DC15

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8

Spellcraft: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Uh-oh? Something going on topside?

Keeping half an eye on the proceedings at the roof and half an eye on the goblin in front of him, Ruhk tenses, muscles coiled and ready to strike.
Outwardly he tries very hard to affect a casual look.

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi tries to look over his shoulder to see what is going on. Sounds like all hell is about to break loose, but I'll hold for another moment. Still not sure of whether to attack, he holds his blade for another moment.


Azmythe's hand goes to his crossbow.


Elf [hp = 7/7; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+3 CMD 11] Wizard 1 (Sin Mage/sloth)

How strong is this charm spell? It probably wasn't meant to be tested this much.


As the chief finally surrenders to Jordan's persuasions and offers to accompany the party to the rumored treasure trove, the air suddenly fills with the unexpected scent of lavender and the chiming of tiny bells playing a gently lullaby. The goblin advisor finishes reading a sleep scroll at the same time that Kelistra casts a sleep spell.


Sorry Halvor, DC was 16 for the spellcraft roll; just missed it.
Kelistra's sleep spell DC 15 - saving throw for pointy-hat advisor: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Kelistra's sleep spell DC 15 - saving throw for brown-robe advisor: 1d20 ⇒ 19

The pointy-hat advisor targets Ruhk, Jordan, and Malcolm. Will saves please. Anyone still awake gets an action.

The chief stands amazed for a moment, then whirls in rage, turning on his now-slumbering advisor. "What you do? What you do? You reading!"


Elf [hp = 7/7; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+3 CMD 11] Wizard 1 (Sin Mage/sloth)

will 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Human Barbarian 1 HPs 16/16 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 16 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +4

Hearing the goblin chief raise his voice in anger, Rommin starts to move forward toward the negotiations to provide support if things turn sour.

He moves around the backside of the building he is next to, ending one square left and three squares up from Jordan.


Elf [hp = 7/7; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+3 CMD 11] Wizard 1 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan is upset as he shrugs off the magic, but notices Malcolm does not. As the magic washes over him, Jordan decides to embellish and grunts and screams in pain. Jordan moves to put himself between Malcolm and the two advisors and points to them.

Jordan's familiar hops from his pocket in Jordan's cloak to Malcolm move and attempts to rouse him std action.

"Those goblins have attacked me and my bodyguard and the chief, get them."

Jordan moves past the chief and targets one or both advisors with burning hands. If those squares are ten foot squares, Jordan can only get the awake one.

If Jordan can cast Burning Hands DC16 reflex:
2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 1 = 5


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Gods, I waited too long. "Jordan, hang on, I'll be right there!" Marduzi slashes at the goblin in front of him with his greatsword.
Attack (Greatsword) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage (Greatsword) 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 3) + 7 = 16


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Tsk, tsk, Pointy Hat trying to read? He should've known that reading's not good for goblins. Puts them to sleep every time." Kelistra readies her bow and starts singing. "Redwattle you're an old god, fat gob, slow, gob. You've got dreams of being a big gob boss someday..."

Bardic Performance: Inspire Courage. 3 rounds left today.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 5

"Whu...I feel so woozy, but I don't remember having a drink?
..."

Ruhk blinks rapidly a few times, and then topples over like an old dead tree, hitting the ground face first with a loud thump.


Malcolm, Ruhk, and the little goblin with the pointy hat all collapse and start snoring unselfconsciously. At about the same time, Marduzi neatly decapitates the goblin he is facing, and Kelistra strikes up a stirring improvised ballad.

Jordan steps past his mind-chained friend, and unleashes a flickering wave of flame from his fingers. Brown-robed advisor Reflex save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21. The robed goblin neatly avoids the worst of the flames, but the pointy-hatted advisor, sleeping, takes the full brunt. This does of course wake him up with a start.

As violence erupts around him, the chains on Chief Redwattle's mind falter. Chief's renewed Will save: 1d20 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 5 = 15 . Dull rage kindles in his red porcine eyes.

The goblin standing over Ruhk looks down in amazement at the slumbering warrior, then raises his knife for an imminent attack.

Back into initiative order.


Initiative table:
Marduzi 21
Halvor 19
Ruhk 17 asleep
Kelistra 14
Iralynash 14
Jordan 13
Malcolm 9 asleep
Azmythe 7
Goblins 7
Rommin 5


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Jordan, you're going to have to wait another minute. It looks like Ruhk has chosen a poor moment to take a nap. Ruhk, wake up!" Marduzi leaps down from roof chasing after the goblin about to skewer Ruhk. He lashes out with the greatsword. How do I already know he's going to accuse me of a plot to steal his kills.
Acrobatics 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
Attack (Greatsword, Bardic Performance) 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Damage (Greatword, Bardic Performance) 2d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 7 + 1 = 14
I think Ruhk and his goblin are down below. If that is actually a rooftop I can jump or run over to, just change my action to that.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8

Halvor will move to where Ruhk is and wake him Move action to move to him, standard to wake him

"Ruhk wake up, Marduzi is stealing all of your kills while you sleep!" Halvor shrugs at Marduzi since that was the first words he thought of that would get Ruhk to wake.

If that isn't possible and Marduzi didn't kill the goblin, Halvor will move as close as he can and cast forbid action on the goblin threatening Ruhk to not attack The target cannot take any action that involves an attack roll, or uses a spell or ability that targets a foe or an area that includes a foe.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

GM Will: Was I awoken by Jordan's familiar? He set it to that task.


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

Still singing an improvised song, Kelistra draws a bead on the brown robed advisor and looses an arrow at him... Or at least at a cloud passing somewhere over his head.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3 Inspire Courage continues 2 rounds left.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"....zzz...yes...that's nice...you're from Quadira aren't you?...zzz...I should steal into the Sheiks harem more often..."


Azmythe is content that the group made an effort to speak with the goblins so feels justified when he casts Mage Armor then readies his crossbow in preparation for the combat.


Marduzi neatly leaps down from the roof of the hut and in almost the same move ends the life of the goblin that threatened Ruhk. Malcolm stirs and wakes with a cold amphibian foot in one eye and another wedged up his nose, and Ruhk is gently awakened by Halvor's foot in his ribs.

Kelistra's arrow is wide of its mark, and Azmythe conjures a shimmering protective ward.

I'll give Iralynash and Rommin another few hours then proceed with the goblin's turn.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Malcolm will stand, incurring any reckless goblin attacks, and when he notices that things have gone awry, he towers over their leader with sword raised.

You dare to have us attacked while we treat with you! That is no way to save your hide or gold.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

Ruhk blinks for a moment, look up at Halvor and grins.
"I think I prefer the boot in the ribs to a kiss if it is you doing it."

Reaching for Bethany, Ruhk climbs to his feet.
"It's like a conspiracy, what does it take to get ten goblins eh?"


Human Barbarian 1 HPs 16/16 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 16 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +4

Rommin fires a single arrow at the robed goblin that so deftly avoided Jordan's flames. As he does so, he tries to suppress a smile at the failure of the negotiations.

To hit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

DM:
I apologize for not posting sooner; I thought Rommin didn't go until after the goblins, then I realized you were looking for his action from the prior turn. Sorry about that!


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi takes a look around to see if any more goblins are present. Probably all on the roofs now. I hope I don't get another firecracker in the face.
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Goblins' go...
The Chief steps back from Malcolm and spits, "Never trust a yooman. Shud've known." He fits an arrow to his oversized bow, aiming it point-blank at the centre of Malcolm's chest, and looses. Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17; damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The robed goblin advisor, robe slightly smoking from Jordan's arcane fire, points at Jordan. In Jordan's sight the goblin's mouth seems to gape open, revealing row upon row of fearsome teeth as the creature hisses, "Flee, human." Jordan, need a Will save against fear.

The pointy hatted goblin climbs to its feet and gestures at Malcolm, stumpy fingers tracing arcane sigils. Malcolm, need a Will save from you too.

Map updated!


Elf [hp = 7/7; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+3 CMD 11] Wizard 1 (Sin Mage/sloth)

will 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

WTF! Crappy Dice!


Elf [hp = 7/7; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+3 CMD 11] Wizard 1 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Those teeth, they will consume me. I must escape.
"AAAh"


Female Human (Varisian) Bard 2

"Watch out Mister Gobbo, I'm gonna shoot you in the eye. Watch out Mister Gobbo, I'm gonna make you cry." So singing, Kelistra shoots another arrow at the brown robed goblin.

Attack 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19 Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1 Continuing Inspire Courage - 1 round left


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

Marduzi begins picking his way toward the sounds of voices and battle on the nearby rooftop, looking for a ladder to climb or failing that, a reasonable climb. Once there, he begins scaling the wall while squinting his eyes against another firecracker he feels is sure to come.
Climb 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Not sure how many rounds it will take me to get over there, but unless another goblin shows up down low, that's his plan.


Male
Stats:
Magus 1 - Init +2 - AC: 15/T: 12/FF: 14- Perception: +0 - F: +4/R: +2/W: +2 - CMB: +2 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft
Status:
Hp:11/11, Status Effect: None, Arcane Pool: 3/3, Spells: lv1 2/2

"Hey, can someone give me a boost? I want to get up there too, Bethany is aching to give these goblins a sweet sharp kiss.
Unless one of them have some cheese or an union, Bethany loves to cut cheese and unions."


Marduzi doesn't manage to climb anywhere immediately, but he does spy a ladder leading up to the battle, just a few feet south of Malcolm's position. He and Ruhk can both make it up the ladder next round.

Kelistra's arrow arcs up to the roof of the hut and snags the brown-robed goblin's scalp. It hurts, and bleeds, but is certainly not fatal.

Jordan is overcome by the horrific sight of the goblin's gaping mouth; to him it seems like a tunnel to the depths of hell. Jordan, you are frightened for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds, and must flee if you can.

Malcolm feels a cloud of unease descend over him, and his sword hilt suddenly seems strange in his grip. Malcolm, you have a -20 modifier to your next attack taken in the next 2 rounds.

Halvor, Azmythe, Iralynash are up. Rommin, you might as well take your turn with everyone else, it doesn't make sense to keep delaying you until after the goblins.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/8 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 85/85/AC: 22(23)/CMB: 12/CMD: 24/Init: 2/Perc: 6

Round 1, AC: 17, HP 9/14, Courage Inspired, -20 to next two attacks

BS ATT: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 20 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 - 20 = -12

Malcolm five foot steps to the leader and swings without connecting due to the uneasiness that he currently feels.


Human Barbarian 1 HPs 16/16 AC 17 FF 15 T 12 (-2 Raging) CMD 16 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +0 (+2 Raging) Init +2 Per +4

Rommin will follow up Kelistra's attack on the brown robed goblin with one of his own.

To hit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8

Halvor will cast Forbid on the goblin caster, not allowing the casting of spells for the next round.

Will Save DC 15


@Malcolm - I explained that badly; the penalty only applies to your first attack made in those two rounds. It's the bungle spell.

[ooc]@Halvor - there are two goblin casters - one with a brown robe, the other with a pointy hat. Which one would you like to target?[ooc]

Rommin's arrow strikes true, gouging a bloody furrow through the goblin's shoulder. It hisses in pain and glares out at the humans below.

DM note:

CR 27/27
BR 12/18
PH 5/10

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Merciful Healer Cleric (1)/Master of Many Syles & Monk of the Lotus (1) of Irori
Stats:
Current Hps 15/15, AC 15, t 15, FF 10, CMD 15, Saves: F +5, R +3, W +8, Init +1, Per +8

Pointy Hat


Stats:
AC 18/12/16 HP 19/19 F+4 R+2 W+0 Init+2 Per+6

"Hey Ruhk, I see a ladder over here that should make it easier for both of us to get up there. Let's go up!" Climbs up next round.


Azmythe moves to be closeer to the fight.


Elf [hp = 7/7; AC12/T12/ff10; F +1; R+2; W+3 CMD 11] Wizard 1 (Sin Mage/sloth)

Jordan rushes from the roof intent to leave the scary goblin.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8Climb check

Jordan leaps awkwardly down from the building.
"Nooo, I just need to get away!!"


Resolutions

Jordan tumbles down from the hut's roof into the ... mud of the goblin village. Yes, kindest to call it mud. Jordan, you are prone, and I'll update the map with your new position.

Pointy hat feels Halvor's command to refrain from magic settle over him, and struggles to resist. Will save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19. It cackles as goblinoid madness burns through Halvor's forbiddance.

Rommin's arrow wings the brown-robed advisor, but does not put it down. Malcolm, under the influence of fell magics, bungles his attack. Ruhk and Marduzi both move to the base of the ladder.


Goblins
The chief roughly pushes his brown-robed advisor in front of Malcolm - a rough shield as he gains distance for another shot. The brown-robed goblin reacts by casting a spell and reaching out to touch Malcolm. Cast inflict light wounds, touch attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19, damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8. Malcolm, you get a DC 13 Will save for half damage, and an AOO on brown robe.

The chief fires past the melee, aiming at Rommin. "Noone out arrers me in my village!" Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16; damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.

Finaly, the pointy-hatted goblin throws his hands in the air and lets loose a dragon shaped firework. The firework fizzes through the air, honing unerringly to Kelistra. Dazzled for one round and take 1d4 ⇒ 3 damage. DC 13 Reflex save to negate the dazzled effect and halve the damage.

601 to 650 of 1,274 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jormungandr's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.