Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jade Regent, presented by DM Hamied - Campaign Thread

Game Master Hamied


3,001 to 3,024 of 3,024 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

With her weapons at the ready, Setomi follows up behind Raziel.


Old tapestries depicting a seaside castle hang askew on the walls of this circular room and a thick layer of dust cakes the floor. The air is musty and weirdly cold. Two doors hang askew on hinges in a passageway to the south, while to the north, a third door lies in fragments on the floor, opening onto a flight of stairs leading down into darkness. A second staircase leads upward against the north wall.

The room seems eerily quite, but the presence that was so palpable moments ago is notably absent.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

"I think we should head downward. Usually anything of value is kept in a strongroom, and they are usually located in the safety of solid rock"


Any thoughts from Raziel and/or Sorin on where to go?


"Any prisoners would be below, that is true. Lead on Setomi."

Any news of Sorin?


I'll send him a PM to let him know that we're back on.

The way down is pitch black - I'll assume that Raziel is casting Light.

The stone stairway spirals downward, deep into the cold rock upon which the castle rests. After several minutes, a floor levels out before you, and you find yourself in a tight hallway. You do not go far before you come to an iron portcullis planted firmly in your path. The gate is in remarkably good condition relative to the rest of the castle; its thick bars extend into the floor and up through the ceiling.

Perception DC 15:
You can see into the chamber beyond, and just at the edge of your light are two immense stone doors, which hang open. The rooms beyond are shrouded in darkness.
Perception DC 20:
There are two five-inch circular depressions in the wall beside the portcullis - one on either side. The one on the left is inscribed with an image of the sun. The one on the right instead depicts the moon.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Setomi tells the others what she has seen (see spoilers above).
"Do we have anything in our possession that resembles these depressions? If not I guess we are going back up to see if we can find them as I see no lock which I could pick. It must be magic that seals this gate."


"Then we go back up? And take the stairs upward to the upper floors, or choose another path on the ground?"


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

@DM - did we have a map of the area we had explored at one time? I thought there was one posted, but might be wrong.


I'll repost it: Brinewall Castle Main Floor.

I couldn't get the room numbers to transfer over, so it's hard to make quick references to the rooms, but that is the map from the AP. The room with the stairs (that you just descended) is the northernmost point.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Alright I guess it is back up the stairs and onto level 2.


Climbing back up to the ground floor, you continue up the stairway on the other side of the room, and shortly find yourself in a similar chamber a story above. This room is picked clean of furniture and decoration. In various places on the walls, there are deep cuts in the stone, but the room is otherwise unremarkable.

There appear to be two single doors off of a short hallway to the south, and a large pair of double doors as well.

You are in the northernmost room on the map. Please indicate which door you would like to try next.
Brinewall Castle Upper Floor


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Do the stairs we took continue up into the tower?? If so, maybe we should go there first and examine that room, then com back down. What do you all think??


Setomi, I think we are in the room furthest north, and there are no more stairs up.

"Let's check out the smaller doors first."


Sorry, my page usually lets me know when there are new posts - it did not this time.

The room has the same strange, serene feeling as the one below it, though no strange whispers come to your ears. As you open the first of the smaller doors, mist spills out and surrounds your feet, but it dissipates nearly instantly. This smaller chamber is entirely bare.

The other door opens with the same effect - mist briefly carpets the cold, stone floor before vanishing. This room too, is bare, though there is another door at the far wall.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

We will move towards the door. Setomi will check it for locks or traps

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Raziel will stand near to Setomi, ready if either healing or combat is needed.


The door is not locked, and it doesn't seem to be trapped. I assume you open it?

If so...:
The tired hinges protest as you open the door. You discover a tight hallway, which veers immediately to the right. On the opposite walls is a thin opening that looks as if it once housed a small door. You note that the hallway comes quickly to a set of stairs, which leads down.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Indeed we do open it. Setomi will move out of the way so the others can see where it leads.
"Back downstairs. Should we go back, or do you want to see where this comes out?"


I should add that the opening on the opposite wall does look passable, if tight.

(Knowledge) History DC 10):
Many castles contain cramped, utilitarian passages for servants and guards. That might explain the nature of this hallway and door. Then again, this castle in particular is strangely conceived.


"Let us explore more of this level first."


Are you investigating the double doors in the larger chamber? I think it's the only way tou haven't checked so far.

Andoran

Male Historian/Curator

Sounds good. Setomi will quickly check them for being locked or trapped
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Andoran

Male Historian/Curator

is this game dead then? It has been a month since I last posted......

3,001 to 3,024 of 3,024 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent, presented by DM Hamied - Campaign Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.