Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jade Regent, presented by DM Hamied - Campaign Thread

Game Master Hamied


2,851 to 2,900 of 3,024 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi looks back to where the creature had escaped, then shakes her head and turns to talk to Raziel. "It is just over here," she says and leads the group to where the hidden door is located.


At first glance, the thick hewn brick looks no different from any other section of the wall. As Setomi traces her hand across the lichen-filled gap, thinner than the tip of her finger, you all become aware of the door shape that lies carefully hidden in the stone. Your companion must have sharp eyes indeed to spot so subtle a line.

As you study the surface, you notice that one of the smaller bricks seems to be recessed slightly. Touching it, you discover it to be loose. Perhaps it is possible to push it in?


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar shakes his head:"I wasn't much help I fear... sorry pals, let's hope those creatures are too stupid to alert the rest of this stronghold against us"


You did stab one of them, Almar! These things have a fair amount of HP, though. I can't believe Sorin one-shot one of them.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi presses the loose brick.


The brick slides in with a scraping sound, and the section of wall sinks back several feet. It appears that you can move around it on either side, though the passage beyond is pitch black. A musty smell greets your nostrils.


Raziel casts Light, and steps forward to illuminate the passage.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin will Detect Evil down the passageway.


Sorin does not detect the presence of evil, but a foreboding sense of menace hangs in the air nevertheless.

The light from Raziel's spell reveals a short hallway, not twenty paces in length. The ceiling is higher here than you might expect, rising beyond ten feet. There are doors in the damp brick walls, to the right and to the left. At the far end of the corridor is a third.

Survival DC 18:
The earthen floor is moist beneath your boots, and you see that it holds impressions of other feet. Though the secret door seems to have lain undisturbed for many, many years, this hallway has seen recent use.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi moves into the short hallway and goes to listen at the 3 doors.

Left Door-Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Right Door-Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
End Door-Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Setomi moves to each door in turn, listening carefully.

Through the door to the left, you hear not a sound, but a putrid smell seems to permeate the thick, aged oak. Something foul lies within.

The scent that drifts up from the crack at the bottom of the right door is hardly better. Perhaps the strong odors are beginning to distract you, as you cannot seems to find your concentration as you listen. At one moment, you think you hear a faint scraping, but at another, it seems entirely silent.

Moving to the door at the end of the hall is akin to stepping outdoors on a fall morning and breathing deeply, though even here, the air is stale. That there is heavy activity on the other side of the door is unmistakable - you hear the jumping and stomping of heavy feet, and voices. Through the door, you cannot make out what they are saying, but you think they are speaking Tien.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi returns to the group and tells them what she has learned. "The door at the end of the hall seems to have someone in it, for sure. And they speak Tien, I think. The other two smell very bad...not sure of what, but something foul and dark!"


I should add that all three of these doors look like fairly normal doors. The door hidden in the brick had evidence that it had been neglected for years. The same cannot be said of these ones. That is to say, your way in might have been secret, but this hallway is very possibly not.


Suddenly, the stone behind you slides shut. It seems the secret entrance has sealed itself.

Perception DC 20:
Your eye falls upon another loose brick on the inside of the passage that shifts slightly as the door closes.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Setomi jumps slightly as the door resets itself. She quickly looks back to the other doors in this short hallway, hoping nothing heard the stone door close.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin starts as the slab closes behind him. Bringing his glaive up into a ready position his begins looking around using Detect Evil; especially around the other doors. He's convinced that something sinister lies in wait.


I lost my post! Now I have to run to a show. I will update tomorrow.


Sorin, you sense no evil through the doors to the left or right, but do sense a strong evil aura through the door at the end of the hallway. You cannot determine its exact location, but you are sure that it is on the other side of the door.


I'm sorry that my posts have been so short lately. I'm in my third week of directing a show right now, and my schedule is way out of whack. Despite my sparse posts in the past week, be assured, I'm still here and still committed to this game.

Anybody checking out any of the doors?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

"Something vile is on the other side of the door at the end. I'm not sure what it is but this is as strong an evil as I've ever felt; except for the...thing Almar hunts."


Perception DC 18:
The voices on the other side of the door no longer use words, but have turned to whooping and screeching.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"Which way should we go? Do we confront the evil now, or search the other routes and come back to it?
Setomi has her swords out, ready to go as soon as a direction is choosen.


"Best to confront the evil while we are at our strongest," Raziel comments. "Sorin, I have a spell that will increase your strength for a brief time, if you want. We can cast it before we enter the fight."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

"Seems like a good plan." Sorin will ready himself just in case whatever's on the other side of the door already knows we're here. After Raziel casts the spell, Sorin will open the door (if no one else wants to).


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

If you want I can throw open the door so you can be ready for what lies beyond. It may also surprise the creatures, and maybe I will be able to enter unobserved, to strike them from concealment. What do you think?"


It sounds like Sorin left the option open for somebody else to open the door. Do you want to do that, Setomi? If so, give me a Stealth check.

The door swings open, and dancing torchlight seems to come from every corner. Rotting, faded banners hang from the walls of this long hall, depicting a stylized castle sitting on a seaside cliff. Thick stone pillars support the ceiling, while at the far end of the hall sits an old wooden throne, its back carved to resemble the towers of a castle wrapped in the coils of a serpentine dragon.

In the middle of the room are four muscular bird creatures, like the ones you encountered earlier. They seem to be involved in some kind of ritualistic movement when you enter, but they quickly become aware of you, and stop what they are doing. The largest one screeches loudly in your direction. As the sound dies down, another voice rises from behind the monsters.

Tien:
"You have arrived just in time. We have just completed rehearsal."
Perception DC 15:
Lurking in the shadows, you see humanoid. He is a wild-eyed Tian man with a bristly goatee, deep red skin, and a prodigious nose. He idly toys with a strange weapon—a combination sickle and weighted chain.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Setomi opens the door as quietly as possible, allowing the other to stream into the room. She is surprised to hear the odd man in the back speaking Tien, and even more surprised by his weapon of choice.
Keeping to the shadows, Setomi attempts to work her way around the room to get to this red-skinned fiend.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


GM Screen:
Kikonu:
Perception - 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Setomi:
If the red-skinned man is aware of your movement, he shows no indication of it.

The voice rises again, louder.

Tien:
"You will be our audience! Sit! Sit!"
A wild cackling follows. The bird creatures step into formation.


Raziel casts Bull Strength on Sorin, as he requested.
Then he makes sure that his scimitar is ready, and steps close behind Sorin.


I'll try to post the map later, but I'm in a mad scramble for Thanksgiving this morning. For those of you celebrating today, have a safe and happy holiday. For those not, be safe and happy anyway!


The voice, playful a moment ago, barks violently.

Tien:
"Begin!"
The monsters advance.

Initiative
Almar - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Raziel - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Setomi - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Sorin - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Corby 1 - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Corby 2 - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Corby 3 - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Corby 4 - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Kikonu - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Sorin
Kikonu
Corby 3
Setomi
Raziel
Almar
Corby 1
Corby 2
Corby 4

The map is pretty nondescript, but I've set it up this way so I can build upon it if you end u going through any of the doors. The door you've just come through is Q11.

Throne Room

Sorin is up first.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Confused by the creatures strange reactions, Sorin does nothing at first. When they move to attack, though, he steps forward.

Move to M11 and attack the Corby in J10.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Sorin, did you mean the corby in K10? J10 is unoccupied, but you can reach K10 from M11. I'll assume that your intended target was Corby 3, in K10, but correct me if I'm wrong. Also, due to the Bull's Strength spell that Raziel cast on you, you have a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength. You hit regardless, but I'll add it to your damage multiplier.

Sorin's strike cuts deeply into the nearest monster. It collapses to the stone floor and begins to spasm. The red-faced Tian man giggles wildly and steps to the side. He murmurs something, and the fallen creature speaks:

"Down, down, down. Down from the clouds to the cold, hard ground. No wings, not a wing, not a hope to be found."

Kikonu takes a 5-Foot Step to H9 and casts a spell. Everybody make a DC 14 Will Save.

If successful:
The voice that comes from the creature is illusory.
Spellcraft DC 16:
The red-faced man has cast the spell, Ventriloquism.

Sorin
Kikonu
Setomi
Raziel
Almar
Corby 1
Corby 2
Corby 4

Throne Room

Setomi is up next.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Setomi keeps her eyes open as she sneaks towards the red man.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

She attempts to move past the winged creature to reach him.
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

If she succeeds in stealth she attacks the red man
Attack-Melee: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Sneak Attack: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

If sneak did not succeed then attack the closest corby


GM Screen:
Perception:
Kikonu - 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Corby 4 - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Okay, so Corby 4 saw Setomi, but Kikonu did not. Corby 4 turns and screeches at Setomi, but cannot attack her as it is flat-footed until it's turn. She could move past it and attack Kikonu, or she could attack the corby. What do you want to do?


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

She will attack the Corbie. If possible she will use one of her 2 remaining Ki points to make a second attack on it as well.

Attack-Melee: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

I did mean K10, sorry.

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

As he battles, Sorin says, "The dead creature does not speak; some trickery is at work."


Corby 4 is flat-footed, so your second attack also benefits from Sneak Attack. In this case, though, it hardly matters, as your two attacks are sufficient to drop the monster.

With two rapid slashes, Setomi disembowels the bird-creature. The red-faced man cackles as blood splatters on the castle floor.

"This is not how it goes, apes!" he shrieks as a sadistic smile twists his features. "Sit down, and hold your applause!"

Sorin
Kikonu
Setomi
Raziel
Almar
Corby 1
Corby 2

Throne Room

Raziel is up next.


Raziel steps forward to the next foe, and attacks.

20' Move to L 10.
Attack the foe in K 9.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Raziel sweeps across the chest of the nearest monster with a broad cut. The beast staggers, badly wounded, but does not fall.

Sorin
Kikonu
Setomi
Raziel
Almar
Corby 1
Corby 2

Throne Room

Almar is up next.


It's been 24 hours, so I'll go ahead and take control of Almar for this round.

Almar moves to L9, drawing his rapier as part of the move action. He makes an attack against Corby 2.

Attack (Rapier) vs. Flat-Footed AC - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
If it hits, it deals 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 points of piercing damage.

Almar's blade pierces the creature's chest, and it lets out a hideous shriek and falls to the floor.

The only remaining bird-creature cries out in fury, and takes a step forward, bringing its powerful limbs down on Raziel.

Corby 1 takes a 5-Foot Step to K9 and makes two claw attacks against Raziel.

First Attack (Claw) vs. AC - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
If it hits, it deals 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 points of damage.

Second Attack (Claw) vs. AC - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
If it hits, it deals 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 points of damage.

One of the swings connects, and the monster's sharp claws tear into Raziel's shoulder.

Round 2

Sorin
Kikonu
Setomi
Raziel
Almar
Corby 1

Throne Room

Sorin is up next.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Supsicious about the nature of this fight, Sorin moves to J11 and will (at will) Detect Evil on Kikonu. If obviously evil, Sorin will attack Kikonu, otherwise he'll attack the last Corby from the same spot.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Using Detect Evil as the paladin class feature requires a move action. You can do that this round, but you cannot also move to J11 and attack. In light of that, how would you like to proceed?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.

The others seem to have the remaining birdman well in hand and the other creature is clearly a spellcaster with malevolent intent. Sorin will direct the attack at Kikonu and forego the Detect Evil.


Sorin's strike connects with the red-faced man. He howls in fury.

"“That’s not in the play! You’re ruining it all, you hideous apes!”

Kikonu takes a 5-Foot Step to H8 and casts a spell. I need a DC 15 Will save from Sorin, Raziel, and Almar.

Spellcraft DC 17:
He has cast the spell, Glitterdust.

Corby 1 (Will Save) - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Round 2

Sorin
Kikonu
Setomi
Raziel
Almar
Corby 1

Throne Room

Setomi is up next.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi moves forward and strikes at the red-skinned man.

Move to H9 and strike with sword

Attack-melee: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Setomi steps forward and slashes the red-faced man. He shrieks in cold anger.

Round 2

Sorin
Kikonu
Setomi
Raziel
Almar
Corby 1

Throne Room

Raziel is up next.


Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Great, I'm blind.

Raziel fails to save, and steps backward.

5' step to M11.


Round 2

Sorin
Kikonu
Setomi
Raziel
Almar
Corby 1

Throne Room

Almar is up next.


Also, I still need Will Saves from Sorin and Almar.

2,851 to 2,900 of 3,024 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent, presented by DM Hamied - Campaign Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.