Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Jade Regent, presented by DM Hamied - Campaign Thread

Game Master Hamied


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,024 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

"We mean no harm intruding here. We are merely travelers, chased to this ruined village seeking refuge from men who pursue us."
"The tended nature of this resting place caught my eye, contrasting as it does with the rest of the surroundings. Doubtless you are the caretaker of the shrine to Desna, can you tell us of Brinewall?"


Could I get a Diplomacy check, Raziel?

"That is a part of what I am." she replies, her tone guarded. "There has been no exchange of names."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

I'm going to Aid Another on Raziel's Diplomacy check. Unless there's a penalty, there's no way for me to fail the DC 10 check. But in case a roll is needed:

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Sorin bows to the creature. "Please forgive us. My name is Sorin Nicussor, servant of Shelyn." He indicates the others in turn. "This is Raziel Holheim, priest of Sarenrae, and Setomi; we three hail from Sandpoint. This is Almar Ashfield who hails from Alkenstar."

"As my friend has said, we are pursued by wicked men who likely outnumbr us greatly. We were searching the ruins hoping to find a place to hide or defend from when we stumbled upon this shrine. The reason we came to this area in the first place is to unlock secrets of the past; the beginning of which, we believe, lies in Brinewall."

"As for a taint," Sorin pauses. "One of us does carry an inherited curse but we do not know either its cause of effect. It is not my place to speak of that further."


Male Human Gunslinger 03

"My name is Almar and I am... an hunter..." seems like Almar doesn't really know what to do of the creature


"And whose place is it then?" she asks of Sorin, all but ignoring Almar.


Dipomacy Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

"I suppose it would be my place to speak of it, since I have been told that I am the one cursed. Truthfully, I do not know much at all about the curse, or that I was even cursed until a short time ago."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Nice roll! If my Aid attempt was successful that would boost the result to 31.


Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

Her wings begin beating, and she floats down from the roof of the crypt, landing on a gravestone not far from Raziel. "You speak humbly for one arrayed as you are, and thusly prove your worth. I cannot say much of this curse, but it is not the only thing that follows you. There is a creature, not of this place, which has taken interest in you. It has come far, and even as it lurks in the dust of your journey, so too does it await you."

Her feet push off from the polished granite, and she hovers in the air, turning slightly in the direction of the castle on the hill. "But if you seek to breach that gate, you have my full support. I am called Spivey, and have long wished for some like you."


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar stares at Raziel for a short moment, then, slowly he turns towards the little fairy:"This creature... have you seen it and know where it dwells, Spiwey?"


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi continues to stare at the creature in fascination.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

"Someone like us?" Sorin turns to face where Spivey is facing. "Do you know what lies in the castle?"


Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

"Spivey, I am called." She turns towards Almar, acknowledging him for the first time. "The creature dwells in clouds and mists. It has lurked in my dreams for days and days, and there I have felt its breath on my neck. But in waking too, I have seen it. In the sky, above the castle. Yet it is not of the castle, nor are those who now dwell within. They are all strangers, as am I, and as are you."

Her gaze drifts back to the imposing keep on the hill. "Spirits, dark-hearted, with beak and talon they rend their foes. They wear many shapes and make many sounds. They will not be easily vanquished."

A horn blast comes from the forest to the south. Spivey seems not to hear it.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin turns at the sound of the horn. "It appears we're out of time. We should head back to the wagons and make what preparations we can."

He turns back to Spivey and bows. "Thank you for the information. With luck, the wicked men pursuing us will not desecrate this shrine. We will do what we can to prevent that from happening."


Lisabett

The blast of the horn rings loudly through the trees. It seems to come from all around you. Suddenly, the cloud of mist lifts into the air, and in a span of a second, it transforms into a stag-like creature. If its strange powers were not enough, the golden scales on its flanks convince you that this is no natural beast. Without a moment's hesitation, the creature shoots upwards, through the canopy.

A deep voice echoes in the back of your mind. I have found you, as have they. Listen for their clumsy shouts, and flee. Flee.

Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

Perception DC 20:
In the distance, a strange shape moves suddenly up from the trees. It looks like an animal, but it has not wings, but instead four legs, and antlers.
A thick fog begins to creep up from within the castle, spilling over the walls. At first it comes lightly, but soon, it billows forth. Soon it will cover the whole of the village.


Perception Roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"Many thanks for the information, Spivey," Raziel says with a polite bow. "May the blessings of Desna and Sarenrae be upon you."

Looking frpm the castle to the forest to determine how much time they have, Raziel notices the creature.
"Look there! Above the trees! Some sort of strange animal! We should make haste to rejoin the caravan!"


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Looking out over the forest after Raziel's comment, she too sees the strange creature and remembers back to the time her and Lizabett were hunting by the lake and saw a similar creature.
"Yes...lets us get back to the others before we are covered by this fog."


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Perception check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"Yeas... let's go back" says Almar trying to understand where the fog Setomi is speaking of might be


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Having heard the sound of the horn, Sorin knows time is short. He rushes back to the wagons.


Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

The fog is visible to all. The Perception spoiler is something else.

You hear the panicked shouts before you wrap around the back of the old town hall. Walthus Proudstump, still upon the roof, has jumped to his feet. He waves both hands at you frantically, but he is not the source of the noise. It is Sandru's voice that carries through the village.

You step over the crumbled wall to see all but a few of your companions with weapons drawn. Even Mother Koya clenches a starknife in her fist. Even those not armed are on high alert, save Quoaral, who sits unmoving in the corner.

It is then that you realize that Ameiko, who lay in the middle of the floor not twenty minutes past, is gone.

The fog begins to creep over the tumbled bricks and through the cracks in the aged walls.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi run over to the group asking, "Where is Ameiko?? She looks all about the area trying to find some sign of the girl.


Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

"It was when the fog came from the castle." Sandru explains, desperation in his voice. He tries to continue speaking, but cannot manage it. Falling into a crouch, he places his hand on the stone thick stone floor to keep his balance.

"A thick mist appeared around her from out of nowhere." Koya adds. Her usual temperance has fled, and the starknife trembles in her fist. "I reached through it take a hold of her, but my hand touched only the cold floor."

Spellcraft DC 18:
Sandru and Koya, and likely the other members of the caravan, are afflicted by some magic. Their unease is unnatural.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar just stares at Sandru:"She just vanished? This might be really bad... damnation!"


Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

By now the fog hangs thick throughout the village. You can barely make out the shape of the castle on the hill.

"Something took her." Sandru's scimitar wobbles in his hand. "She is as a sister to me, and I would journey to the far ends of the world for her, but I cannot lift my feet. I cannot move."


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi can barely understand what she is hearing. "I trusted you to protect her. What took her? Why can you not move? WHERE IS SHE!!"
Her voice rising to a final scream, Setomi stands panting with fear and anger and uncertainty, looking to all the party for answers.


Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"They seem to be under some sort of spell, Setomi" Raziel says. "Calm yourself, anger here will not do us any good."

Raziel will use his Detect Magic to try and learn something about the spell.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

"Calm yourself, girl. Giving away to despair is exactly what we AND Ameiko cannot afford right now. Let's free them from this spell and after that we'll plan pur next actions"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

"A spell?"

Even though its range is limited, Sorin will use Detect Evil to see if there's anything obvious nearby that might be the cause.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi bites down on an angry retort and attempts to calm herself by a simple breathing exercise.
"Perhaps I should keep an eye out and make sure noone else disappears!" She whirls away and heads outside.


Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

Neither Sandru nor Koya respond to Setomi's outburst. They turn further inwards.

Outside, Setomi finds the fog still thickening still.

Raziel:
There is an overwhelming magical aura in the area from a spell that was cast recently. It will not fade for some time. Unfortunately, you cannot discern anything further about the spell without Knowledge (Arcana).
Sorin:
No creature, object, or spell radiates any evil.


"This mist, which as dogged our steps, the spell cast here, and our companion Ameiko taken; I fear we are being manipulated," Raziel says.
"It seems that the sounds of horns and the threat of attack by raiders is only a ruse to drive us here, and bring Ameiko to this place. Almar, your fiend may be part of this too. At any rate, I would say that Brinewall Castle is the heart of this. No doubt that is where Ameiko has been taken also. So that is where we must go."

"Who is with me?"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin nods at Raziel, "I agree. But how do get those under the effects of this spell to follow us? I cannot detect any malignance of evil near us and know of no way to break the spell's hold." Sorin pauses. "I suppose if we get everyone onto the wagons we can drive them in ourselves."

He turns to Sandru and Mother Koya. "There's nothing to worry about and you don't have to go anywhere. Just need to get back on the wagons. We'll take care of the rest and go get Ameiko."


"No, Sorin. I feel that they would be in danger if we took them into Brinewall under the spell's influence. We four should go alone."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

"Leave them here?" Sorin is clearly surprised by this suggestion. "Are you sure? Will they even be able to defend themselves?"


Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin.

"Might I make an offer?" Spivey hovers near an opening in the collapsed wall. "If there is one that could be called the defender of this village, it is me." Her gaze narrows on Koya. "I know this woman. I have seen her in my dreams. She is beloved of Desna, and will be my charge, if you will it so."


"I thank you Spivey," Raziel replies. "Also consider this, Sorin, should those following us notice us at the castle, they will be drawn there, and not to here. But we should go now, lest Ameiko suffer some fate while we argue here."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin is visibly relieved by Spivey's suggestion. "Thank you, Spivey. That greatly sets my mind at ease."

Looking at Raziel, "You're right, of course. We're just wasting time standing around here." After a brief pause, "I wish Lisabett hadn't run off. She's needed here."


Male Human Gunslinger 03

"Yes, but wishful thinking is just wishful thinking... nothing ever comes out of it. If you can defend these people from harm, Spivey, it would mean a lot for us... but are you sure you are up to the task?


Identified Items:
The two rapiers with silver scabbards are both +1 weapons treated with alchemical silver.

The tree-bark flute projects a silent image for as long as it is being played. The player must succeed at a DC 17 Perform (Wind Instruments) check in order to have control over what the image looks like and where it moves. The effect is otherwise identical to the spell, Silent Image.

The six jeweled daggers are +1 Transformative weapons.

The perfectly round stone is permanently enchanted as per the spell, Magic Stone. Unlike most ammunition, it is not destroyed when used. It may be difficult to find afterwards, however.

The crystal starknife is not intended as a weapon, as it is quite fragile. If it is used as a weapon, it functions as a standard starknife, but has a 15% chance of gaining the Broken condition. When held by the hilt under natural moonlight, it radiates bright light in a 50-foot radius. This ability does not function indoors, even when moonlight is visible.

The ornate hunting horn functions as a standard signal horn. In addition, it is magically linked to the spyglass (see below). If the blower of the horn succeeds at a DC 15 (Wind Instruments) check, they can be seen through the spyglass for 1d6 minutes.

The tube with lenses functions as a standard spyglass. In addition, it is magically linked to the hunting horn (see above). If the blower of the horn succeeds at a DC 15 (Wind Instruments) check, they can be seen through the spyglass for 1d6 minutes.

Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

"I will do as well as I can, just as you must." Spivey answers. "Is that sufficient? Every moment the castle belches forth more fog. You had best move quickly if you are to find your way."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

"Since that's the way of things we'd best hurry." Sorin starts to head towards the castle.

Sorin will take the wooden flute, the Signal Horn and one of the daggers with him.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi watches as Sorin leaves the building and starts on the trail towards the castle. "What is going on? Are we just abandoning the others here? Did you learn anything about where Ameiko is?"


Raziel will also follow Sorin towards the castle.

"The others are being watched by Spivey, and if they remain quiet should remain safe. Ameiko is more than likely a captive of whatever controls Brinewall Castle now, and so we are going to deal with the heart of the matter. Please, come with us Setomi."

Raziel will take one of the daggers with him.


I should add, the ability to see the blower of the magical hunting horn with the spyglass works at any distance, as long as both objects on the same plane.

Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

The fog is dense, and with every step, it becomes denser. The woods to the south disappear from view, as does the river to the northeast. Even still, the castle keeps its dark shape before you, seeming even to beckon you closer. As you grow near, the mist seems to part for you, though you still observe its tendrils issuing from the numerous arrow slits that dot the keep's stone face.

Brinewall Castle does not seem particularly large. Its cobbled walls reach only fifteen feet vertically, and its towers do not extend much higher. Even still, you all feel the imposing presence of the place as clearly as the sweat on your brows. It seems strangely warmer here...

Directly in front of you is a tall pair of iron-shod, oaken doors. The metal is rusty and the wood is rotten, though it has seen better care than most of the abandoned village.

Not a sound comes from within.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

"Well... nothing else left but to get inside and search for Ameiko I guess. Keep togheter and keep quiet. We should do just fine!" after his speech Almar moves forward, towards the gates.

[/ooc]Almar will take 1 of the rapiers[/ooc]


Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

Dilapidated though they may be, the doors are shut fast, and seem to be barred from inside.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

After testing the doors yields no results, "The doors aren't in great condition; if two of us take a running start we may be able to break them down. It would be a lot of noise though. Unless there's another way in..."

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi will take a look around and see if she can spot another way in.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

I was hoping to post earlier, but today was the last day of midterms and I had a paper due. Done now. Phew!

Setomi and Sorin are both quite sure that the wall could be scaled with relatively little trouble.

Sorin:
Yet surely a sentry would see her.
Setomi:
There is no movement from atop the walls, nor in any of the windows or arrow slits. If somebody is watching, they do not stand upon the walls, nor do they look out. The castle seems deserted.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi looks at the wall and says, "I can get to the top easily enough. Do we have any rope that I could then lower, or do you want me to try and unbar the door to let you in?"

If it is an easy climb, then Setomi will just take 10, if possible, giving her a 16


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin does have a rope and grappling hook.

He hands the rope and hook to Setomi. "Be careful. You'll be exposed at the top of the wall."


If there is something up there, Setomi, you will need extra blessings to avoid its attacks, either to hold while we climb, or to retreat back to us. This should aid you either way."

Raziel casts Shield of Faith on Setomi. "This will only last for a few minutes, so do not delay."

Shield of Faith grants a +2 deflection bonus to AC for 1 minute/level.

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,024 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent, presented by DM Hamied - Campaign Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.