Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jade Regent, presented by DM Hamied - Campaign Thread

Game Master Hamied


2,601 to 2,650 of 3,024 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Stealth (ki): 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 4 = 24

Setomi looks over at the Ulfen woman and sneers. "I go to watch, not hunt. And in this night, I move where no eye can see...and do not sound like a wounded bullox rooting around the woods."

Setomi moves out into the ruined village, leaving Proudstump to climb the roof. She keeps to the edge of the buildings, watchng out into the surrounding forest.

Perception: [dice]1d20+8[dice]


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Sorry..just noticed my code was wrong and cannot edit...so take this roll for Setomi's Perception.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin has never seen Sandru like this before and is taken aback by it. "Sandru," Sorin tries to say forcefully without raising his voice, "Amieko is strong. Whatever is afflicting her, we'll deal with it. But we need you focused on the here and now; as Master of this caravan. If Ameiko could see the pathetic look you have on your face right now, she'd box you upside the head."

Sorin smiles back at Lisabett, "Let's not talk of endings just yet. I don't intend for there to be any endings this night."


GM Screen:
Proudstump:
Climb - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Stealth - 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Perception - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Shalelu actually broke off to scout in the forest. However...

Setomi

You are vaguely aware of Walthus Proudstump shimmying up the relatively intact stone chimney. As he pulls himself over the edge of the roof, you step lightly to a nearby building and crouch down. This structure looks much the same as the other, though it is smaller, and you guess it was once topped by a thatched roof that has long since rotted away. Keeping in its shadow, you continue to edge your way through the little village, making nary a sound.

Just as you've settled into a well-concealed spot with a good view of the southern wood, you notice some movement coming from the treeline. It is the elf, Shalelu, returning from her scouting. She emerges alone, and makes for the village with haste.

Almar, Lisabett, Raziel, and Sorin

Sandru shakes his head, and looks at each of you as if surprised to see you. Suddenly, he gives himself a hard slap. "Of course, you are right, Sorin. I am sorry. I have quite forgotten myself."

"She is dear to all of us." Koya offers. "But our friends speak truly. We cannot afford to sit, stare, and worry. Our foe may be in the woods, in numbers we cannot guess."

"Yes." Sandru's voice is soft but stern. "And this place, we do not know it. I have passed this ruined village many times, but never have I set foot in it."

"I remember when it was bustling, full of travelers and songs." Koya looks out the gaping hole in the northern wall as she speaks. "But that time has long passed."

"I...do not...understand." Haedr interrupts, staring at Lisabett's machete. "Is that a threat? What do you mean?" He trembles with fear, but looks directly at the Ulfen woman.


Lisabett gives a sigh of exasperation and tosses the machete down, then her dagger, her javelins and her other small belongings and takes up her spear.

Skald:
"Remain among the women," she snarls at the captive. "Their attention ever favors you."

Lisabett spares a last glance for Sandru. "They cannot track me. May the Lady guide your journey North." Mine ends here.

Lisabett hefts her spear and runs for the treeline. She could not stalk, but that was never her way. She knew where her captain would be, and should she be captured, that none of his insidious toads would dare harm her before she had seen him. His honor demanded that he destroy her himself.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

"Wonderful... just wonderful!"

Almar runs after Lisabett trying to tackle her before she gives away the group position

Let me know what kind of rolls would be needed for this action please


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

He was about to ask Haedr what Lisbatt said but is shocked when Lisabett takes off. He is speechless breifly as it takes a moment to realize what she's doing. Sorin takes off after her even knwoing that she is far more nimble than he is.

What in the Nine Hell's brough this on?


"Lisabett!" Sandru shouts, but it is Almar and Sorin who follow.

The three of you rush outside and find Shalelu hurrying towards the village from the forest. "What is this? Hide, you fools!"

Setomi sees all of this.

Depending on what happens next, we may need initiative to resolve this.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

How close does she come to Setomi?


Let's say 60 feet. You mean Lisabett, right? Shalelu is still some distance out...more like 130 feet.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Initiative check (if needed):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Almar runs after the Ulfen girl, trying to tackle Lisabett before she alerts the enemy of their presence


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi breaks cover and trys to get to the woman before she can disappear into the surrounding forest.

Use Ki speed to increase to 50 move, then use acrobatics to jump the last 10' to try and knock her down. Not too sure what I need to roll for that action??


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin hears Shalelu but if Lisabett doesn't stop, Sorin doesn't either. She's faster than he is so he'll pursue at full run if she doesn't stop.


I think it makes the most sense to handle Almar's action as a Grapple, and Setomi's as an Overrun (as part of a charge). However, before we get into initiative, I'm going to give Lisabett the opportunity to react to the fact that three of her companions are chasing her, with a fourth between her and the forest.


Raziel moves after Lisabett also, but stops at the building's entry as the others move much faster than he does.

Yep, waiting for Lisabett's reaction too.


Sorry guys, was at the hospital half of yesterday and couldn't get our slowest mobile broadband working at the cabin husband and I are vacationing in until now

The crash of men running in heavy armor alerts Lisabett to the wonderful foolishness of the heroes among her companions, who were like to leave track that could be followed by a child.

Varisian:

"Stay, fools," she hisses. "He will burn this village to the ground, and the sea has ever been friendly to raiders. You must let me go!"

Lisabett is intent on going, so, if initiative is called 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Hmmpf, now she rolls high :)

"No," Sorin replies. "If he is here to burn he will attempt it regardless. Abandoning you is not the answer."

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Sorin breaks into a Run.


Shalelu hisses. "All of you, stay yourselves."

We will be going into initiative, but I'm about to leave for the evening, so I can't set it up right now. I'll try to get it up tomorrow.


Sorry about the late post, guys. I've been two steps behind all day. Nothing like catching a cold in 80 degree weather.

Sorin, Almar, and Lisabett already rolled initiative, so I'll roll for Setomi, Raziel, and Shalelu.

Raziel - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Setomi - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Shalelu - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Initiative:
Lisabett
Sorin
Setomi
Almar
Shalelu
Raziel

Struggle Near Brinewall

Lisabett is up first.


One more detail, the forest squares are difficult terrain.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Despite Shalelu's warning, I assume that we can't see or hear anything from the forest, correct?


You cannot hear anything from the forest.

I'm going to go ahead and bot Lisabett, since she was charging into the woods. She'll take a run action, and will end in I8, well into the forest, but hampered by difficult terrain.

Lisabett surges forward on sure feet. The last thing she sees before entering the wood is Shalelu's deep stare.

Initiative:
Lisabett
Sorin
Setomi
Almar
Shalelu
Raziel

Struggle Near Brinewall

Sorin is up next. He already stated that he was going to run, but I'll let him decide which square he ends in. Remember that the forest is difficult terrain.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin will stop in I18 as he pulls even with Shalelu. He's already losing sight of Lisabett, he knows he can't keep up with her, and Shalelu's warning has made him indecisive.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Ok...I think I can reach her in one move, but I am not sure. Running I can move 120', and by using 1 Ki point I can increase it another 20'. I have her at about 155' from my position. If I use acrobatics to navigate the rough terrain, and then do a long jump at the end of my move (upto 20')I can land right in the same square or 1 past her. Does this sound possible??


Oh crap, no trackless step yet, but Lisabett does have Woodland Stride, which allows her to move through natural difficult terrain as if it was not.

From the SRD:

a druid may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at her normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion, however, still affect her.


That is correct, Lisabett. I'm sorry, I'd forgotten to apply that. That will put Lisabett at I2, nearly off the map.

Setomi, as far as I'm understanding it, Acrobatics can be used to move over uneven ground without falling, and when used successfully in this way, you still move at half-speed. This is a little different situation, and while a jump as part of a move action can mitigate some of it, you cannot make a jump check while running. A run action is an all-out sprint, and even with ninja skills, it's all but impossible to leap a considerable distance when putting that much energy into running.

Looking at the rules, I also was reminded that you cannot take a run action in difficult terrain. I believe that Lisabett can, however, due to her druid ability. That is a huge advantage in this situation.

I know Setomi and I are still sorting out what she is doing, but let's have Almar and Raziel go ahead and dictate their actions for the round too

Struggle Near Brinewall


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

I think tou are right....so I will only be able to get to the edge of the woods during this turn. Darn...so close....


I'm last in the init order, but it is plain I can't stop Lisabett. So Raziel will step back under cover.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Just move Almar as near to Lisabett as possible please


Setomi and Almar sprint to the edge of the woods.

Perception DC 15:
You can hear Lisabett running through the underbrush, but she sounds some distance off
Perception DC 20:
You catch a glimpse of Lisabett, a fair span ahead of you, and disappearing quickly into the heart of the forest.
"Go. Secure the caravan." Shalelu says abruptly. "I felled a scout within the wood, and have bought us some time. If my feet are swift, I may catch the girl and buy us yet more." The elf pivots on her heel and runs into the forest.

Before we move on to the next round, who all is planning on continuing pursuit?


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

While she cannot see the girl, Setomi can hear her running further into the forest. She come to a stop at the edge of the woods and looks over to see Almar not too far away.
"What should we do?? Do we go after her, or head back?"


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Perception check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar just shakes his head, stops and contemplates the woods for a short moment:"Very well! Let's head back, we can't hope to match her stride in these woods. Let's just hope the elf can!"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

In his own mind, Sorin is swearing loudly. He knows he no chance of even keeping pace with Lisabett or the fleet-footed Shalelu, let alone catch up to either one. His blundering through the woods would just draw atention to them.

"Almar's right," he says bitterly. "We can't help them; we have to attend to the caravan." Sorin will go back to the wagons get ready for defense.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi looks like she is going to continue on into the forest, but then turns and heads back towards the others. As she leaves, she continues to cast glances back over her shoulder.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar's scowl could tell the whole story as he enters the building with the rest of the caravan. He approaches Sandru and wispers:"She escaped into the woods. I think Shalelu has her trail but the girl is damn quick, so I can't say if the elf can catch her before the barbarians or not! If you ask me, better for us to assume the worst and prepare for defence here"


Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

"Damn!" An audible creak rings through the building as Sandru pounds his fist into the wall. He appears to take no notice. "She is a hellion! If I see her again, well, she will see a side of-"

"Enough." Mother Koya quiets him. "It was a matter of when. We all know this. It is ill timing, I confess, but the best we can do is pray she finds her way back to us safely, and Shalelu with her. There is little else we can do."

"Yet there is much we must do." Sandru snaps. He turns to look at Almar. "Shalelu has indeed gone with her? Did you see this?"

Lisabett

You run hard and fast, thundering through the underbrush, until your lungs burn and fatigue halts you. A respite is needed, however brief. Eerily, not a sound comes from the woods around you. Golden light seeps through the tree branches, welcoming the approach of dusk. You are sure that you have outpaced those that pursue you, but you cannot say with certainty how far you have come, or how far you may get before night falls.

You can continue to interchange running and resting using the Hustle rules. If you do this, I will let you know when you've approached an hour, as you will begin to accrue nonlethal damage after that point. For now, can I get a Perception and a Survival check?


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar nods and looks at Sandru flatly in the eyes:"Shalelu tols us she would catch Lisabett and then followed her. Are you doubting my words, now?


Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

"Not in the least, but I sent her to scout, and if she now chases Lisabett, then I will not have her report." Sandru frowns. "I can only hope they return soon. I would not commit the rest of you to the forest, but I wonder if we might survey the remains of this village. If the enemy is not yet at our doorstep, will you perhaps have a look around?"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

"She said that she had killed a scout and "bought us some time". That implies to me that our free time is vanishing rapidly. If there is a better spot to defend from I would suggest we go there now."


Lisabett Perception Check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24,
Lisabett Survival 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 damn shame we're not in combat, eh? two rolls above ten...


"That is a good idea, Sandru," Raziel agrees. "We should learn more of what this village hold if we are to hide or make a stand here. Should we start nearest Brinewall, or at the other end of the village Almar?"


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar ponders on Sandru's and Raziel's words:"I'd say we've better to start from as far from the castle as possible. If all else fails that can become the last line of defence, as it was obviously meant to allow for strong defence, but as for now we should explore all our OTHER options before moving into the castle. The only warning... we'll need to be discreet, just in case the Ulfens decide to join us and force us to retreat here"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

"It all depends on how much time we have. If we have ample time then I agree with Almar. If time is short, we should move closer to the castle; there's more likely to be stronger defensible positions there I would think. Which is it though?"


Lisabett

A patch of disturbed dirt catches your eye, and you kneel down to examine it. Nor horse or man made this mark - it is an imprint of a single cloven hoof, isolated, with no trail to follow.

At that moment, you notice a fine mist hovering at the base of a tree, perhaps a hundred paces from where you are crouched. The tree itself looks much like the others around it. A medium trunk. Roots thick with the growth of ferns. Yet only one plays host to this strange mist.

Almar, Raziel, Setomi, and Sorin

"Search as you will, only begin soon. We here will move Ameiko into a wagon, and prepare-"

"One treasure beyond two seals in the third vault." At the sound of her name, Ameiko speaks. Her body twists in a sudden spasm, but her eyes remain shut. Sandru watches her, open-mouthed. Koya puts a hand on her shoulder. She is still once again.


Lisabett knowledge nature 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Lisabett knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Lisabett spellcraft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Tracing the edges of the hoof print with a fingertip, Lisabett whispers Detect Magic and studies the source of the mist. She had not expected them to survive the previous wood after witnessing the troll turn to rock and shatter when touched by the sunlight. And the elves with their words about Brother Holheim...


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi moves to her friends side, whispering words of comfort in their native language. "Do any of you know what she speaks of??"


"No," Raziel replies. "I do not even know if she knows what she speaks of..."

He gives his head a small shake, and turns. "If we do not start searching soon, it will be too late. We must go on, despite our feelings. Almar, please lead the way."


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar raises an eyebrow at Ameiko's words:"Haven't got a clue. But I think we have more pressing concerns at the moment. Shall we go?"


Lisabett

You detect no magic from the hoof print, but you do sense it emanating from the mist.

Almar, Raziel, Lisabett, and Setomi

Ameiko does not respond to Setomi's words. She lies unmoving, as before.

Are all four of you going to search the village?

2,601 to 2,650 of 3,024 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent, presented by DM Hamied - Campaign Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.