Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Jade Regent, presented by DM Hamied - Campaign Thread

Game Master Hamied


2,151 to 2,200 of 3,024 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

Lisabett Childhood Crush 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Lisabett untrained perform sing 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Lisabett nods to the Mother as she passes, then quietly lets herself into Sandru's bedroom, leaving the door open. She sets the ale on the nightstand, then gathers the basin and creates water to wash her hair while the captain sleeps. As the fresh water strips away the travel dust she sings an old washing song, surprising herself with how sweet her voice can be.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

"So did you have your fun last night? I hope so... I expect things tyo get worse from here on"

Considering no one seem eager to serve them their breakfast Almar simply moves out of the inn and goes searching for a place where to eat something. And ask some questions around while he's at it.


Almar and Sorin

"Me?" Ulrick smiles wickedly at Almar. "I had a grand time. And yes, things got far worse. At least where I was. I can't speak for what happened here."

Lisabett

Sandru begins to stir. He groans loudly and rolls over. Just when it seems he's dozed off again, he suddenly lurches up, and staggers to the corner of the room. He grabs the bucket that rests there, and wretches into it - this continues for a long minute.

"Ah!" As Sandru turns and sees Lisabett in the room, he jumps in surprise. A moment later, he allows a weak smile. "Hello...I did not see you there."


Lisabett rings her hair dry over the basin, then flips it onto her back and rises. "Hei," she replies, then takes the bucket and pitches it out the window. She casts Create Water several times to wash it out and leaves it balancing on the window sill.

"There is a tankard of ale, there," she says when she turns and points to the night stand. "You can wash your mouth. I will inform the others that you live still."

Lisabett begins heading for the door.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi wanders out to the market to gather a few supplies to make the group a nice breakfast. She never understood the appeal of drinking so much, but was never one to comment on another’s ways. She keeps her eyes open as she has been warned about this place, but soon has all the items she needs and heads back to the inn. When she arrives she goes looking for the gnome or the kitchen...whichever she locates first and starts cooking. She soon has a wonderful breakfast ready for the party.


Raziel finishes his morning meditations and steps into the common room.
'A warm bed to sleep in was just what I needed,' he thinks. [i]'I wonder what this day will bring?'[/b]

"Good morning and Sarenrae's blessings to all."


Sandru tries to smile at Lisabett, but he seems to have difficulty in this. "Very kind, Lisabett, but after last night, I think I will swear off drink. At least for a time." Sandru sits back upon his bed, staring at the floorboards. "I will join the rest of you downstairs...momentarily. Yes."

The wonderful aroma of Setomi's cooking fills the inn. The kitchen is a somewhat difficult place to prepare food, though, because it was clearly designed for somebody shorter of stature. Why the front counter does not follow the same trend, one cannot say.

The gnome, who seemed to disappear into the very walls, finally emerges, standing upon his tip-toes, almost in a trance. "That smell. Whatever you are cooking...smells magnificent!"

It is at that moment that the door of the inn swings open. Shalelu Andosana enters, near out of breath, and takes a moment to survey the common room of the inn. "A company so large should not be so hard to find in a town to small." The frustration in her voice is thick. She turns to look at Almar. "But that is of little matter. There has been another massacre, as the ones you have spoken of. North of here."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin sighs in frustration. "Little time to lose then. I'll get Sandru and Lisabett; I'm not sure where Almar went."

Sorin heads up to Sandru's room and, seeing the door open, pokes his head in. "You've looked better Sandru but there's bad news. Shalelu's back and reports another massacre somewhere up to the north."

With that said, Sorin returns to the common room and gathers his things.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar stiffens and his face darkens into a grimace:"Lead on" he states grimly.


Sorin would have seen a pained look on Lisabett's face as he arrived, which slides to hard and neutral after his words. Her broad shoulders stiffen at the news and she releases a sigh. She knew that of the pair Sorin might have stood and listened to reason, but he had already left.

"Almar would that Brother Holheim and I leave without preparing ourselves," Lisabett says to Sandru without turning. "Do not fear, Captain, if he'll not listen to reason he will like listen to my fist across his nose," she growls.

Skald:

"I will not be responsible for darkening your face again."

Lisabett speaks in her milk tongue, then shakes her head and steps down to the common room. She pinches the bridge of her nose, then wipes sleep from her eyes. "What fresh horror awaits us that is so great that we would negate the efforts of our cook?" she inquires. "I will leave without breakfast."


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

At the first signs of commotion in the common room, Setomi comes out to see what is amiss. She watches as her teammates rush about, threatening and fighting and generally acting like a group of untrained recruits. She sighs, returning to the cramped kitchen and finishes a few quick items before returning to the main room.
"Before you all run off, here." She has, on a tray, what looks like a full egg and bacon or ham breakfast on strange round rolls, almost like small loaves of bread. "Please take one. You can eat it on the move, so it will not slow you down, but will fill you up!! Also drink. Milk, fruit juice or water...it does not matter, but you will need your strength if we are to fight." She glances down at the gnome and offers him one of the hand held breakfasts. "Thank you for a wonderful stay at your fine inn. I enjoyed myself greatly." Bowing low, she returns to the kitchen to clean and return all the utensils to their proper place. Once that is completed, she gathers up her equipment and heads back to the caravan.


I missed the "not" between will and leave. silly me...


"The dead are not going anywhere fast. Yes, we should investigate, but haste will make little difference." Shalelu sits idly, watching the commotion. "And know that the site is not without the eyes of others. Some of the men from town are already there, looking into the matter."


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar ignores everyone but Shalelu:"The dead, maybe, but if the killing is fresh it means the one who administered it could be near still. So, again, lead on!"


"Has it ever occurred to you, friend Almar, that these incidences are designed to antagonize you?" Lisabett says, ignoring Almar's foolishness. "Has there ever been a moment where you thought to yourself, 'Why, my companions have proven themselves a liability in combat, and I am the sole harbinger of doom against our foes. Any efforts on their part to forestall me is simply an indication of their inability to aide me at all.'"

Lisabett tries not to look dour as she accepts the portable breakfast. "Thank you," she says as an aside to Setomi, then turns her attention to Almar once again.

"I recognize that reason is not something familiar to you, but have we ever discovered anything other than the macabre at the site? Shalelu has stated that the local militia are there. That means any number of men will disrupt any track your phantom might have left behind."


Male Human Gunslinger 03

ALmar doesn't seem to pay attention to Lisabett's words, but when she's finished he speaks:"Did Lisabett say something? I think I heard a beer keg talking, but I'm not sure it was her.

After a while he adds:I apologize for the... brusqueness. But time is important. If you want to come I will be glad for the help, otherwise I'll go alone. So, what will it be, people?


"My thanks for so ably portraying my objection," Lisabett says, sits down and begins eating her meal.

"Lest there are those among you who have forgotten, I lived amongst professional killers. Clearly the time spent licking my captain's hand would have been better spent splayed across the table like a common whore.

"But," Lisabett says and shrugs. "Time is of the essence."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Childhood Crush: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Wow, I've certainly been nailing these Childhood Crush rolls :/

Sorin thinks for a minute. "I confess a certain impatience to see this site; especially if townsfolk are there who might, inadvertently, disrupt or destroy important clues or information. If there is other business that we need to attend to first then, by all means, let's do so. But if not, I see no reason not to investigate immediately."

Sorin will continue eating and wait to hear what the others have to say.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar just shrugs at Lisabett's words:"If you say so... you certainly know better than anyone else. Have fun." So saying the gunslinger looks first at Shalelu and then at Sorin and starts moving out of the inn.


Lisabett waves Almar on. It irks her that her every effort to draw the caravan into a unit is flung in her face at every turn, and that her opinion is continually ignored in favor of his or others expediency to separate the group to little effective purpose, but clearly Almar is in firm command of each of his faculties and requires no aide in the least.

"Good hunting," she calls after the pair.


Lisabett, Raziel, and Sorin

Shalelu pulls an arrow from her quiver and runs her finger along the edge of its head. "I ranged across the nearby countryside, this evening past, with hopes of finding some sign of thriving game. What I saw was inconclusive, I confess, but the bounty of the Churlwood seems not to have followed us. Nor, I hope, has the menace within. I have thought much on it, but have come to no understanding."

The elf pauses. For maybe the first time, a look of deep sadness plays in her blue eyes. "It was in the morning, as I journeyed back, that I marked the dead. I shall never understand the impulsiveness of humans, yet I did run to tell of it. I think I have found my heart again, though. Reason has returned to me." She looks to Lisabett. "If we find the one who did this, I will put an arrow through his eye."

"Will you?" Ulrick snorts. The Ulfen takes one last handful of food from his plate, and stands. "If you will excuse me, I will follow the angry one. I am...curious about what he will do." He gives a long look to Sorin before he turns and heads out the front door.

Almar

"Hail, friend!" You've not walked a hundred paces from the inn before somebody calls after you. Turning, you see the Ulfen known as Large Ulrick, waving towards you. He is nearly caught up to you in what seem to be a few strides. "It is a fine morning, and I will keep step with you, if you will have me."

Setomi

Sandru had given you a location on where the caravan was being stored, but nobody seems to be attending the warehouse. The small door on the side is locked, as are the larger double doors at the front. Quoaral, the Shoanti, sits nearby, however, seemingly unaware of all the activity around him.

"My daughter?!" You hear a man cry out from a nearby fruit stall. "You say my daughter is among them?" The swarthy Varisian seems to crumble before you. Other murmurs ripple through the frightened citizens of Roderic's Cove, and you see the fear within their wide eyes.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi moves over to where the man has collapsed and asks "What is amiss? What has happened to your daughter?"


"Fy fæn i helvetes," Lisabett sneers. "I'll see to the beasts if your heart feels so strongly. I know mine is as ash to each of you," she grumbles, gathers her things and begins prowling the streets, looking for buildings large enough to house a caravan over night.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar nods at Ulrick, pleased at least one of his companions decided to follow him:"Good to have you... and thanks" he says sincerely.

After a while walking Almar adds:"Despite all her childish and spiteful behaviour Lisabett might be right on the fact the bastard is toying with me, although I can't see how he knows I'm following him. If so he must have some way of knowing what I'm doing... a spy perhaps? Anyway it matters little: this time things happened near us and a mere few hours ago. This time we can find a fresh trail!"

Mmmmmmmh. Am I the only one who finds Ulrick's behavious suspect? Unfortunately Almar doesn't know anything about his little trip to the woods... he considers Ulrick a slacker and a larchenous fool at times, but nothing more than that


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

As Ulrick leaves: Eh? What was that look for? Does he want me to follow? I don't like this Ulfen fellow; he pokes and needles at everyone.

Lisabett Erikkson wrote:
"Fy fæn i helvetes," Lisabett sneers. "I'll see to the beasts if your heart feels so strongly. I know mine is as ash to each of you,"...

Sorin frowns. "Now that's not," Lisabett leaves, "true." he finishes rather weakly.

What a wonderful morning this has turned out to be...

"If no one has need of me, I'm going to catch up with Almar. I don't like him going off alone and Ulrick hasn't shown himself to be particularly trustworthy." He pauses as if to say more but just shrugs. If no one interrupts, Sorin leaves to catch up with Almar.


Lisabett and Setomi

As Setomi approaches the trembling merchant, Lisabett comes around the corner.

"They have just told me that she was...that...that she has died. It cannot...it cannot be..." The man trails off as he pulls his knees in to his chest. He stares straight ahead, rocking back and forth.

Almar and Sorin

It takes but a few minutes for Sorin to catch up with Almar and Ulrick. He comes upon them just as the Ulfen gives the gunslinger his grim reply. "If you follow a man halfway across the world, then be sure, he knows of you. Be sure that he begins leaving his footprints, for you to step in. And you have. Every one of them."


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi looks over as Lisabett comes up the street. She heads over to the woman and indicates the crowd she has just left. "It seems that this townsman's daughter was killed in that disturbance Shalelu stumbled upon. Do you know any more about it?? What are the others doing?"


Lisabett and Setomi

"No, Araya is fine." The merchant shakes vigorously as he speaks. "I've just seen her. She's just been by. She hasn't been killed. She can't have been killed."

A woman looks on, her face twisted in sadness, but her eyes full of mistrust. Her gaze lingers on you for a time, but shifts over to your Shoanti companion, who has been sitting nearby. Almost as if on cue, Quoaral slowly makes his way over, but does not speak.


Raziel watches as the party splits up, torn between which direction he should go in.
'Still, if Sandru wants the caravan to move, that is the choice he should take,' he reluctantly concludes.
With a nod to Koya, he sets out to follow Setomi and Lisabett.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

As Sorin catches up he asks Ulrick, "You're suggesting that this man is leading Almar on? How can that be? It was the chest of Tian nature, as much as anything, that has driven us north. And Sandru makes most of the offical decisions. How could this man know where we're going when we haven't decided that ourselves?"


Lisabett ignores the wailing merchant and the woman. She looks to Quoaral and speaks

Shoanti:

"You and I must ready caravan to be away quickly. I will tend and harness the beasts."

She then looks to Setomi.

Skald:
"You will find the others investigating the scene, if you wish to join them. I think it best we be away from here as quickly as possible. That woman's eyes are scarcely welcoming."


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi looks the woman over and then gives a curt nod.

Skald:

"You are correct. How can I help you and Quoaral get the caravan ready?"


Almar and Sorin

"If your enemy wishes to follow, he need not walk behind you." Ulrick answers. "A proverb."

He turns to look at the both of you with a smug grin, but what catches your eye is the gathering of people in the distance. You can hear their shrieking and their anger, and as you come closer, you can smell the blood. When at last you come upon the grisly scene, you find the bodies of of four young women heaped on top of one another.

Heal DC 15:
These women were killed recently, with a dull knife, from looks of it.

Lisabett, Raziel and Setomi

Quoaral nods.

Shoanti:
"Sandru Vhiski gave me word of this structure when asked, but he gave me no key. I will retrieve it from him at this time, if you will wait."

The Shoanti turns to leave, right as Raziel appears from behind a nearby building. The woman with the unfriendly gaze turns and walks away, but her apparent unease is not unique. Others in the street share panicked whispers and frightened stares.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar feels suddenly wary:"That's all very well... but doesn't help much answering our questions. Anyway we'll see what's to be seen soon enough, although I fear I know already". So saying Almar covers the distance from the scene of the massacre with a quick step.


"It is good if we speak the trade tongue," Lisabett corrects when the Shoanti departs. "I will water the beasts if you will prepare their morning feed," she said to Setomi. "They require a more practiced hand to harness and move," she added almost apologetically.

Lisabett was beginning to lament that she had not replaced the spear she had snapped in the swamp, if push came to blows she had only a limited number of spells to defend the pair, but against agitated commoners, she knew them to be effective enough to provide a deterrent.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi nods and sets out getting feed for the animals. She keeps her eye on the crowd, trying to gauge their mood.


Raziel steps forward.
"Is there something I can help with?"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin's eyes narrow at Ulrick's response. He dislikes this response as it seem to raise a number of rather dark implications but he says nothing.

Heal: 20 + 4 = 24

"He didn't even bother to use a sharp weapon," Sorin mutters.


Lisabett, Raziel, and Setomi

The large building that Quoaral sat near has two doors, but both of them appear to be locked. As you test the second door, a man comes upon you with a bucket in hand and a bale of hay over his shoulder.

"Scamper." He flicks his hand in your direction as he sets down his load and pulls out a key. "Best do your thieving at night."

Almar and Sorin

"It does not make sense." an onlooker comments. "We would have heard their screams."

"I tell you, these gendarmes are hardly worth having. I have seen sellswords that fail to use their blades, but most at least make use of their eyes!" another shouts angrily. "How could you fools be so deep in your cups that you neither saw nor heard this...this..."

He seems unable to finish his rant, for a well-armored man who had been knelt over the bodies of the victims rises and turns his icy glare slowly in the direction of the vitriolic tirade. "You will find how worth having we are if you cannot hold your tongue. Get back to town, all of you, or I shall clap you in irons."

Another man stands. Clad in similar armor, his hand goes to his sword hilt. He stares especially at Almar, Sorin, and Ulrick. "You heard him. Back to town."


Male Human Gunslinger 03

How many guards? Just 2 or more?

"I believe you could use us here. We've seen similar scenes across half Varisia, we might be able to help you with your investigation."


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi looks up at the man and smiles. "We are not thieves. This is our caravan and we have been sent to get it ready for departure. Unfortunately, in our haste, we neglected to get the key from Master Sandru."


Almar and Sorin

There are two well-armored men, who appear to be guards. There are four other men from town as well, dressed in a manner befitting artisans and merchants.

The armored man stares at you, stony faced.

Almar, can I get a Diplomacy check?

Lisabett and Setomi

"Oh." The man smiles widely. "You are with Vhiski. I did not know the man had such...exotic tastes." He looks the both of you over, but his eyes linger on Setomi.


Female Human (Tian) Ninja-3

Setomi blushes and asks, "If you do not mind, could you please open the door for us. We are in a bit of a hurry." She gives the man a shy smile in the hope of hurrying him along.


Lisabett pulls her loose hair over the scars on her face and appears ashamed. Knowing that her communication is more likely to drive the man to anger she remains silent.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Diplomacy check:1d20 ⇒ 18

eDIT:Wheeeew! can't do much better than that...


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

While Almar talks, Sorin tries to get a good look at the faces on the bodies and see if any of them were people they might have met when entering the town.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Lisabett, Raziel, and Setomi

"Ha!" The man gives more of a shout than a laugh. "Of course, lovelies. Of course."

With the key that hangs from his belt, the man opens the lock with a click. He swings the door open, and holds out his arm, welcoming your entrance.

The three wagons are haphazardly arranged within the sizable warehouse. On the sides of the room are several stalls, where your horses stand idly.

Almar and Sorin

The armored man nods at the two of you grudgingly. "Truth be told, we can't make a lick of sense of this. Have you really seen such a thing before?"

Sorin:
Not a one of these women look familiar to you.


Male Human Gunslinger 03

Almar follows the man to the scene of murder:"Very well, we shall help each other. I want the bastard who did this dead. Let's see what's to be seen

Perception check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Lisabett slides passed the proprietor and glides to the stalls. The dank of the area and the smell of h!+~#~+%# is pleasant compared to the stench of the city. She visits briefly with each animal as she fills their trough with fresh water, wishing that Quoaral had not been so quick to depart. A fourth pair of hands to gather the harnesses would have been preferable.

"Brother Holheim, will you assist with the harnesses?" Lisabett inquires as she checks her mare's teeth.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Shelyn (Warrior of the Holy Light) 3

Sorin uses Detect Evil and gives a general sweep of the area.

Turning to the guards, "Would you say these poor women were killed elsewhere and dragged here or were the murders actually commited at this spot?"

What's Ulrick doing during all of this?

2,151 to 2,200 of 3,024 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent, presented by DM Hamied - Campaign Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.