Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Jade Regent AP - GM Red Box

Game Master Twistlok

* Tactical Maps *
* Player Notes *
* Loot Sheet *
* Caravan Sheet *


401 to 450 of 599 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male N Human (Shoanti) Hunter (Totem-Bonded) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 16 (Tch 12, Fl 14) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Shared Strength 2/3 | Maitoh - HP: 19/19, AC 19 (Tch 13, Fl 17), F: +5, R: +6, W: +4 | Active Conditions: None

Tahata's wilderness journeys have brought him far from his ancestral lands to the south - across mountains, through forests, and over vast plains - and yet he almost stumbled upon this ruined coastal village by accident. The imposing keep was visible from miles away, and it was that which drew Tahata and Maitoh in this direction, but the other deserted buildings were not obvious until they approached.

Heading northwards towards the lagoon in the centre of the village, Maitoh is surprised to see a dwarf standing near a small boat. He moves cautiously towards the stranger, spear held loosely but ready with Maitoh at his heel. "Greetings," he calls out in a friendly tone. He doesn't have time for much more before he nearly falls over a freakishly large lobster-type creature, clearly dead, and Maitoh barks out a warning.

Knowledge (nature) to identify: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Tahata turns to see more of the lobster-creatures scuttling towards them. He tightens his grip on his spear and moves forward, trying to get a look at the creatures, when he hears more movement behind him. Focussing on the sea creatures for now, he keeps Maitoh at his heel with a quiet command. "Hold, hold," he mutters as the pair advance cautiously.

I'll double move 55ft, using a Free Action to command Maitoh to stay at my heel. Maitoh only has to single move to keep up with me, and he can use a Standard Action to ready to attack a creature which attacks either himself or me. I can't fail the DC 10 Handle Animal check to handle Maitoh.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

The tattooed (or are they scars) human spots the creatures first but is unable to identify what they are. Without a word he reacts. Clearly a person of action he quickly advances on the creatures, making himself the first target.

Sensing a meal the creatures quickly scuttle forward but the ones on land move slow. One already in the water {blue} makes much faster progress towards the dwarf while another {red} splashes into the water finishing its turn moving much more quickly.

Bold may act
[u] Round 1 [/u]
Losjien, Durian, Kagyu, Gortrek

[u] Round 2 [/u]
Thata, Maitoh If you could just tag as round 2 it helps with order of operations
Blue, Yellow, Green, Red


Male Dwarf Brawler 3| HP 18/33 | AC 17/12/15| CMB +6| CMD 18| F +5| R +5| W +3| Init +2 Per +7| Unarmed Strike +7 (1d6+3)

A dwarf in a long coat and wide-brimmed hat stands over the corpse of a strange lobster creature, holding a long spear over one shoulder that still has bits of lobster on it.

He looks up as he is greeted by a tatooed Shoanti man, and raises a hand in greeting

no idea who this guy is, but best be friendly as long as he doesn't give me reason not to be I suppose...

Just as he is about to walk over and introduce himself, Durian sees several more lobsters coming his way. the human reacts faster, but Durian moves to intercept the one in shallow water.

As he moves forward he switches his grip on his longspear to both hands and stabs the spear at the creature while trying to stay out of its reach. He is too busy watching the Shoanti man and trying not to get grabbed by the critter, and he just waves his spear around.

Longspear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

What a way to start the game! Hi everyone, my name is Durian, and I don't know which end of this pointy stick to hold.

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|17/17 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 |
Spells Known:
(CL 3; Concentration +5; 7/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

Losjien halts the group as he hears a scuffle on the shoreline. He instinctivly grabs Gortrek’s sword. "Trouble ahead!"

Magic Weapon, Gortrek's Sword. Spell 1/5 pd

Magic Weapon:
+1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls. 1 hour.

Creeping out from the corner he is startled to see a dwarf and a human fighting with strange lobster like creatures!

knowledge Nature to identify: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Unlike the Dwarf and Human, these creatures seem familiar to him...

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 3 | 27/31 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per +0 | | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will -1 | Samurai Sword +8 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +5 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+3 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +2d6, Honor in All Things 1/day

Once again, another's hand grazed is sword without permission, and he gritted his teeth in response. But steely determination focused his attention. Rather than drawing his blade, however, he began to move towards them, pulling out his longbow as he moved. He took aim with his bow, and let loose an arrow.

Move, then attack green. Range is JUST within his first range bracket.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
... Not that it makes much difference.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Hunter (Totem-Bonded) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 16 (Tch 12, Fl 14) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Shared Strength 2/3 | Maitoh - HP: 19/19, AC 19 (Tch 13, Fl 17), F: +5, R: +6, W: +4 | Active Conditions: None

They're tattoos. The range of Shoanti avatars isn't great, that's the best of a bad bunch.

Round 2

Tahata hears an arrow whistle past him and he turns his head to see a motley bunch of humanoids approach from further up the beach. His attention is drawn back to the lobster creatures by the sound of them scuttling towards him across the sand.

"Maitoh, cinah!" he says, pointing with his spear at the nearest creature.

Shoanti:
Flank!

With evident ease born from many long hours hunting, Maitoh and Tahata attack the creature as a pack, Maitoh circling around behind it to bite while Tahata leaps at it with his spear.

Maitoh - Move Action to get behind yellow, Standard Action to bite it. Tahata - Move Action to move up to yellow, Standard Action to attack it.

Maitoh bite, Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 1 = 7
Bite damage: 1d6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 3 = 10
Trip, if hits, vs CMD: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 1 = 16

Tahata spear, Outflank: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 4 = 29
Confirm?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Note I did not use names for the most part as you do not all know each other. This might make it a little more confusing for you.

The elf sorcerer, again not getting the social morays of the situation with Gortrek's weapon, touches the blade to enchant its power. He also easily recognizes the creatures as Reefclaw.

They will try and grab and poison those they attack and are resistant to cold. Good roll.

The dwarf, feeling confident from his earlier kill, rushes to meet the attacker in the water but slips slightly and his attack goes wide.

The half-orc samauri opts for his bow but fails to connect.

The cleric moves forward and readies himself for combat.

The hunter, use to working alone, moves forward with his companion wolf to meet the furthest away attackers. Trapping a Reefclaw between them the wolf misses his bight but the Shoanti man connects with his spear cracking the caprice.

Kagyu - since your token moved with no post I assume you were just moving.

The Reefclaw with the green shell moves forward and attacks the hunter with its claws.

Claw 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 miss
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Claw 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 miss
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The yellow Reefclaw attacks the wolf with its dirty looking claws.

Claw 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 miss
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Claw 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 miss
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The blue Reefclaw attacks the dwarf with its dirty looking claws.

Claw 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Hit
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
DC13 Con Save - on fail -1d2 Str for 1d4 rounds

Claw 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 miss
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Bold may act
[u] Round 2 [/u]
Losjien, Durian {-4HP + Con Save}, Kagyu, Gortrek

[u] Round 3 [/u]
Thata, Maitoh
Blue, Yellow {-5HP}, Green, Red


Male N Human (Shoanti) Hunter (Totem-Bonded) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 16 (Tch 12, Fl 14) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Shared Strength 2/3 | Maitoh - HP: 19/19, AC 19 (Tch 13, Fl 17), F: +5, R: +6, W: +4 | Active Conditions: None

Round 3

Tahata pulls his spear out of the creature's carapace with a wet sucking noise and manages to dodge the clacking claws of a second one. He steps to the side to avoid the creatures being able to get behind him and Maitoh instinctively follows, keeping one of the monstrosities pinned between them as they attack.

Tahata - Free Action to 5ft step, Standard Action to attack. Maitoh - Free Action to 5ft step, Standard Action to attack.

Tahata spear, Outflank: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Maitoh bite, Power Attack, Outflank: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Trip vs CMD if hits: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|17/17 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 |
Spells Known:
(CL 3; Concentration +5; 7/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

Losjien is so excited to see Reefclaws that he doesn't notice how ticked off Gortrek is. He advances behind Kagyu and lines up a shot with his bow.

"If they poison you save me a sample!"

He fires @Green
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

He looks at the weapon confused. What is wrong with this thing?

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 3 | 27/31 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per +0 | | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will -1 | Samurai Sword +8 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +5 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+3 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +2d6, Honor in All Things 1/day

Gortrek mumbled under his breath before rushing forward and letting loose another arrow.

Attack at Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male Dwarf Brawler 3| HP 18/33 | AC 17/12/15| CMB +6| CMD 18| F +5| R +5| W +3| Init +2 Per +7| Unarmed Strike +7 (1d6+3)

Durian recovers from his flailing swing just im time to get grabbed at by the creature's claws.

fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

He switches his longspear to his off hand and attacks with his favored weapon - his fist.

first attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

second swing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

He then steps to the side and grips his spear again to prepare to strike at the other reefclaw coming his way.

Brawler's flurry, then a 5 foot step back


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Losjien fires off an crossbow bolt that misses by a good deal, he stairs at the weapon but knows it was his hand not the weapon that shook.

After missing with his spear the dwarf switches tactics and simply punces the Reefclaw twice. Even more suprising it cracks the caprice in what, if the creature was smarter, is a manner to make it think twice.

The samurai launches another arrow which stickes between the joints in the creatures leg.

Busy with two creatures around them the hunter and his wolf decimate on one of the attackers. After taking the final bite the wolf likes its lips, these things are tasty!

Bold may act
[u] Round 2 [/u]
Losjien, Durian {-4HP + Con Save}, Kagyu, Gortrek

[u] Round 3 [/u]
Thata, Maitoh
Blue {-11HP}, Yellow {-5HP} , Green {-4HP}, Red


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 27/27 HP | AC 20 | T 11 | F 19 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Per +8 | | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | MW Short spear +3 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +3 1d8 19-20 | Spell DC 13 | Spell load out

Kagyu rushes up next to the dwarf, encumbered by his armor (I should have taken a full round run action last turn) .

"Firing on your right!" he warns as he he fires a single bolt from his crossbow before dropping it to the ground in favor of his short spear.

Crossbow at blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

The cleric advances firing wildly with his crossbow. The closest thing to a target would have been the wolf up ahead.

Two of the Reefclaw gather around the dwarf chomping away with their claws.

Red Claw 1 @ Dwarf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 hit
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Red Claw 2 @ Dwarf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
DC13 Con Save - on fail -1d2 Str for 1d4 rounds
Blue Claw 1 @ Dwarf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Blue Claw 2 @ Dwarf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Hit
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The remaining Reefclaw moves towards the hunter again trying to hit him with his claws.
Green Claw 1 @ Dwarf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 hit
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Green Claw 2 @ Dwarf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
DC13 Con Save - on fail -1d2 Str for 1d4 rounds

The party is up

Bold may act
[u] Round 3[/u]
Losjien, Durian {-5HP + Fort Save}, Kagyu, Gortrek

[u] Round 4 [/u]
Thata {-1HP+Fort Save}, Maitoh
Blue {-11HP}, Green {-4HP}, Red

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 3 | 27/31 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per +0 | | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will -1 | Samurai Sword +8 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +5 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+3 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +2d6, Honor in All Things 1/day

Lamenting his lack of speed, Gortrek continued forward, firing once again.

Attack on Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Dwarf Brawler 3| HP 18/33 | AC 17/12/15| CMB +6| CMD 18| F +5| R +5| W +3| Init +2 Per +7| Unarmed Strike +7 (1d6+3)

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Durian flinches as another claw finds its way through his defenses. He stumbles as he feels some sort of poison working on him. He stabs his long spear into one of the reefclaws as it tries to rush him

AoO with Longspear vs Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

As he gets pressed in by two of the hulking lobster things, he switches back to his fists and keeps trying to smash through the heavy chitin of the monster he has been fighting

First attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Second punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

One attack of opportunity against red as it moves 2 spaces through my reach, then a brawler's flurry against blue


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Durian Strength Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Duration: 1d4 ⇒ 1

These guys are less effective then I had hoped.

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|17/17 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 |
Spells Known:
(CL 3; Concentration +5; 7/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

Seeing the dwarf beinf relentlessly lashed at Losjien moves forward and takes a shot @Blue

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"sorry mate!"
Sick of this archery thing he takes his short spear out of his cloak.


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 27/27 HP | AC 20 | T 11 | F 19 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Per +8 | | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | MW Short spear +3 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +3 1d8 19-20 | Spell DC 13 | Spell load out

Gortrek feel an electric tingle as Kagyu brushes past him, mumbling "...luck...". He steps up towards the nearest lobster-monster, waving he shield and spear in his face trying to capture its attention.

Bit of Luck cast on Gortrek

Bit of Luck:
Any time you role a d20 during the next round, you can roll twice and pick the more favorable result.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Hunter (Totem-Bonded) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 16 (Tch 12, Fl 14) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Shared Strength 2/3 | Maitoh - HP: 19/19, AC 19 (Tch 13, Fl 17), F: +5, R: +6, W: +4 | Active Conditions: None

Round 4

Tahata Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Tahata feels a sharp pinch in the back of his leg and looks down to see another of the scuttling creatures snapping at him with it's claws. The pain is briefly reduced by a fleeting numb sensation, but the relief is temporary as the creature's poison wears off. Tahata steps along the sand, spear raised, as he calls Maitoh back into position.

"Maitoh, cinah!"

The wolf leaps to obey, fangs bared as man and beast attack in unison.

Maitoh - Move Action to take up flanking position avoiding AoO, Standard Action to attack. Tahata - Free Action to 5ft step, Standard Action to attack.

Tahata attack, Outflank: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Tahata damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Maitoh attack, Power Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Maitoh damage, Power Attack: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Trip vs CMD if hits: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

So far Maitoh's three attacks have rolled 4,1,4. I'm starting to think he's defective.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Gortrek lands another fires another arrow into the green shelled Reefclaw while the dwarf misses both his attacks and feels the effect of the creatures poison.

Losjien loses another arrow to the water while Kagyu pretneds he is Losjien and touches Gortrek blessing him with Desna's gift. Bit Of Luck on G

Tahata follows up Gortrek's arrow and finishes off the green shelled crustation.

The remaining Reefclaws press their attack on the dwarf.

Red Claw 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Hit
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Red Claw 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Blue Claw 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Blue Claw 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Hit
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
2 DC13 Fort Saves

Bold may act
[u] Round 4 [/u]
Losjien, Durian {-14HP + 2 Fort Save}, Kagyu, Gortrek {Bit of Luck}

[u] Round 5 [/u]
Thata {-1HP+Fort Save}, Maitoh
Blue {-09HP}, Red


Male Dwarf Brawler 3| HP 18/33 | AC 17/12/15| CMB +6| CMD 18| F +5| R +5| W +3| Init +2 Per +7| Unarmed Strike +7 (1d6+3)

"Ouch! Stupid fish! get off of me!"

fortitude save vs blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
fortitude save vs red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

I forgot to ask before, but are these saves vs poison? would give me an extra +2

Durian shakes off the two creatures, feeling their scratches but shrugging off their other ill effects. He feels his slight fatigue vanish and brings his fist down on the creature in front of him once more

First attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Second punch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Swinging at blue first, if he drops then the second attack will be at red


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

They are against poison. I referenced in an OOC in the first round but should have listed it.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 3 | 27/31 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per +0 | | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will -1 | Samurai Sword +8 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +5 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+3 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +2d6, Honor in All Things 1/day

As the creature he had been focusing on finally fell, Gortrek nodded in approval. He didn't mind being touched himself. Quickly judging the smartest tactic, he dropped his longbow before moving towards on of the targets, drawing his blade as he went.

Free Action: Drop longbow
Move Action: Move to flank red while drawing katana
Standard Action: Attack Red

Attack on Red: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24
Attack on Red(Bit o' Luck): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male N Human (Shoanti) Hunter (Totem-Bonded) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 16 (Tch 12, Fl 14) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Shared Strength 2/3 | Maitoh - HP: 19/19, AC 19 (Tch 13, Fl 17), F: +5, R: +6, W: +4 | Active Conditions: None

Round 5

The lobster thing falls twitching to the ground but the sounds of fighting are still coming from further up the beach. Looking over, Tahata sees the dwarf and the other group still battling two more creatures.

Taking off at a run, he calls to Maitoh and points with his spear. "Maitoh, hücum!"

Shoanti:
Attack!

Maitoh's speed carries him past Tahata and the wolf is already trying to maul the lobster creature when Tahata arrives and drives his spear at the thing.

Maitoh - Full Round Action to charge red. Tahata - Full Round action to charge red.

Maitoh bite, charge, Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 - 1 = 16
Damage, Power Attack: 1d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11
Trip vs CMD if hits: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Tahata spear, charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Combat Over

Landing two punches the Dwarf brings down one of the Reefclaws while the second has its life ended by the combined force of the samurai and half-orc.

Panting you all find yourself on a fairly nice beach looking at strangers you have just battled with.

Sadly there are no items of interest to be found in the area. Survival DC20 will get you some nice 'lobster' meat, fail by more then 5 and you think you got nice meat but it will end up making you sick.


Male N Human (Shoanti) Hunter (Totem-Bonded) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 16 (Tch 12, Fl 14) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Shared Strength 2/3 | Maitoh - HP: 19/19, AC 19 (Tch 13, Fl 17), F: +5, R: +6, W: +4 | Active Conditions: None

"Maitoh, aşağı," Tahata says as the last creature slumps lifelessly into the sand. The wolf drops the claw he was cracking in his jaws and sits next to Tahata, watching warily.

Tahata sticks his spear point down into the sand in a traditional Shoanti gesture of friendship before greeting the others, most of whom seem to have arrived in a group. "It's lucky you found us, I doubt that the three of us," - he gestures to himself, Maitoh, and the dwarf - "could have prevailed against all of those things. I am Tahata, called Moonrunner by my people, and this is Maitoh." He holds out his hand expectantly.

I should probably have asked earlier, but I've only just remembered - I like to use Google Translate to find uncommon real life languages to represent non-Taldane Golarion languages. In this case, Azerbaijani is standing in for Shoanti. Is everyone OK with this? Don't want to cause any offence by accident, I just think it makes using other languages a bit more interesting.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Sounds good. I like to do the same. I will start a language list on the campaign tab.


Male Dwarf Brawler 3| HP 18/33 | AC 17/12/15| CMB +6| CMD 18| F +5| R +5| W +3| Init +2 Per +7| Unarmed Strike +7 (1d6+3)

Durian smashes through the shell of the reefclaw, and as he stands up fully he sees an orc!

this day just keeps getting worse!

He drops into a defensive stance and readies his longspear against this new threat.

After a few seconds he realizes the orc is not attacking, and is wearing strange armor and weilding a very un-orcish blade

what the blazes are you supposed to be? he asks,still holding his spear ready.

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|17/17 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 |
Spells Known:
(CL 3; Concentration +5; 7/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

Totally cool with the languages, like it.

Losjien see's the Dwarf draw his spear and hastily puts his short spear back into his cloak.

Not sure if he can trust them, he is apprehensive in revealing any details.

Hello there, what brings both of you to Brinewall? You do not seem like locals Losjien looks around the dilapidated town for other signs of life.

how much do they know? Perhaps they know more about Brinewall castle which Koya spoke of?

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 3 | 27/31 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per +0 | | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will -1 | Samurai Sword +8 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +5 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+3 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +2d6, Honor in All Things 1/day
Durian The Wanderer wrote:
what the blazes are you supposed to be?

Pulling out a cloth, Gortrek once again wiped down his blade before sheathing it. "You are welcome," was his agitated response.


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 27/27 HP | AC 20 | T 11 | F 19 | CMB +3 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Per +8 | | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +7 | MW Short spear +3 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +3 1d8 19-20 | Spell DC 13 | Spell load out

"I am Kagyu, cleric of Shelyn." He presented the rainbow bird on his shield, the icon of Shelyn, and stabbed his short spear into the sand, mimicking Tahata. He gave the dwarf his customary easy smile. "Are you traveling together? If so you must not have been in the region for long or else you'd recognize our green friend here to be a samurai."


Male N Human (Shoanti) Hunter (Totem-Bonded) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 16 (Tch 12, Fl 14) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Shared Strength 2/3 | Maitoh - HP: 19/19, AC 19 (Tch 13, Fl 17), F: +5, R: +6, W: +4 | Active Conditions: None

"I am not a local," Tahata replies to the elf. "My ancestral lands are far from here. I am undertaking a journey of exploration, travelling the wilderness to better understand myself and my connection to the great totem spirits of my people. Maitoh and I merely stumbled across these ruins, and this dwarf."

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|17/17 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 |
Spells Known:
(CL 3; Concentration +5; 7/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

Losjien is taken by the beauty of the wolf and disreguard the group. He approaches extending a hand for him to smell.

Is there a roll for Maitoh to like Losjien? or will being nice be enough?

"Hello there furry one" Losjien will pet the wolf and give him a trail ration if allowed.


Male Dwarf Brawler 3| HP 18/33 | AC 17/12/15| CMB +6| CMD 18| F +5| R +5| W +3| Init +2 Per +7| Unarmed Strike +7 (1d6+3)
Tahata Moonrunner wrote:
I am undertaking a journey of exploration, travelling the wilderness to better understand myself and my connection to the great totem spirits of my people. Maitoh and I merely stumbled across these ruins, and this dwarf."

Durian extends a hand "This Dwarf" He says with a grin, "Is named Durian. Pleased to meet you all. Thank you for the assist with the reefclaws. Nasty buggers."

Durian fixes his hat and holds his spear casually over one shoulder.

"I hope you don't mind my saying, but you sure are a motley crew. An elf, a half elf and an orc travelling together...

But who am I to judge? Agran always says not to judge by appearance, but by actions! and your actions show you as friends. So, well met!"

Even with his friendly words he eyes the samurai cautiously.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Map page updated. You are at area O on the map.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 3 | 27/31 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per +0 | | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will -1 | Samurai Sword +8 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +5 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+3 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +2d6, Honor in All Things 1/day

Gortrek gave a small bow to the new arrivals. "Sessha, Gortrek to mousu."

As he rose back up, he continued. "I am Gortrek. And I not an orc. I am a half-orc. If you wish to split hairs, I one quarter orc, one quarter tian-shu, and one-half tian-min."


Male N Human (Shoanti) Hunter (Totem-Bonded) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 16 (Tch 12, Fl 14) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Shared Strength 2/3 | Maitoh - HP: 19/19, AC 19 (Tch 13, Fl 17), F: +5, R: +6, W: +4 | Active Conditions: None

Tahata looks down at Maitoh, who looks up at him as if waiting for permission. Tahata nods his head and Maitoh approaches Losjien, bending his front legs to allow Losjien to stroke his head.

"I am pleased to meet all of you, especially so far into the wilds like this. What brings you to this place? Brinewall, did you call it?" Tahata asks.

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|17/17 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 |
Spells Known:
(CL 3; Concentration +5; 7/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

Losjien looks to Tahata while still petting Maitoh "Yes, Brinewall. We have a friend who needs our help close by. Our answers may lie in that castle

Losjien stands and points his spear to the castle in the distance.
Still weary of the travels he decides against revealing their caravan location.


Male Dwarf Brawler 3| HP 18/33 | AC 17/12/15| CMB +6| CMD 18| F +5| R +5| W +3| Init +2 Per +7| Unarmed Strike +7 (1d6+3)

"What a random coincidence! I was heading for that castle myself. I heard rumor of a treasure hidden inside an abandoned fort and I couldn't help but come check it out!"

Durian extends a hand to the half-orc.

"My appologies. I have unfortunately not met many of your kind that I could bear, but as you have aided me in battle I owe you a chance, I believe.

He turns to the Sorcerer

"You have a friend who needs help, and you brought them out here to an old ruin? I hope you left others to protect them, these reefclaws are not the only dangers in these areas. Is there any way I can be of assistance?"

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 3 | 27/31 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per +0 | | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will -1 | Samurai Sword +8 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +5 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+3 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +2d6, Honor in All Things 1/day

After a moment, Gortrek accepted the dwarfs hand and gave a firm shake.

"Our friend received information that an important... something to her family is located within the ruins. As we approached, she... fell ill. We have evidence this is due to whatever is within said ruins."

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|17/17 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 |
Spells Known:
(CL 3; Concentration +5; 7/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

"Fellows traveling to the same destination at the same time to fend the same Reefclaws. I sense a reason under Desna we have each happened here."

His pupils sink to solid white and he continues addressing Durian and Tahata.

"I am Losjien Hallow of the Mierani Forest, I am no diviner but I believe we must enter the castle together." Losjien slouches closer.

"Wanderer and Moonrunner, before we take further steps to that castle, I would like to know if you enter with prior expectations of a share? We have a friend in danger and understand this will be of highest importance."

Briefly Losjien's accent hints of highborn Elven. He is not sure if he the newcomers are familiar enough with his culture to notice


Male N Human (Shoanti) Hunter (Totem-Bonded) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 16 (Tch 12, Fl 14) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Shared Strength 2/3 | Maitoh - HP: 19/19, AC 19 (Tch 13, Fl 17), F: +5, R: +6, W: +4 | Active Conditions: None

"A share of what? Food we can hunt for ourselves, water seems to be in abundance. If you speak of treasure, I do not ask for any, though if you wish to express gratitude for mine and Maitoh's help with your friend's problems, we will not refuse your generosity," Tahata says, hoping to have expressed himself clearly. The ways of his people mean that he does not seek treasures or riches, but the refusal of a gift is dishonourable.


Male Dwarf Brawler 3| HP 18/33 | AC 17/12/15| CMB +6| CMD 18| F +5| R +5| W +3| Init +2 Per +7| Unarmed Strike +7 (1d6+3)

Durian scratches his bear and looks at the elf strangely, having trouble completely understanding his way of speaking.

"I am already heading towards this castle, so I will be happy to have more weapons on my side.

Should we find whatever magic you need to aid your companion, I am happy to let you keep it. I do not wish suffering on another, especially of a magical nature.

However, if we find other treasures I would very much appreciate being given a share assuming you find that I can carry my own weight. I am currently between jobs, you see. There has been a lack of caravans offering work to muscle like myself of late. I am not greedy, but a dwarf has to eat!"

Durian does not have any way of knowing the subtleties of Elven nobility or culture, so he will not think anything of it


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

T1. Gatehouse (Pg. 19)
This stone structure has a floor of packed dirt and numerous wooden support beams for the stone ceiling above. Two rusted iron gates allow access through the gatehouse, while to the north, a pair of wooden ladders climb to the roof above.

Through gaps in the door you can see inside. Inside two creatures stand guard but they are paying no attention and have not seen you. These hideous creatures look like muscular humanoids with raven like heads and covered with black feathers. They do not wear armor or wield weapons, for their thick muscles, talons, and sharp beaks are armor and weapons enough.

New Maps: Pg 1 - Current room | Pg 2 Brinewall Castle lvl 1

Bold may at
[u] Suprise Round / 1 action [/u]
Durian, Tahata, Losjien, Gortrek, Kagyu, Maitoh
Bird Creatures


Male N Human (Shoanti) Hunter (Totem-Bonded) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 16 (Tch 12, Fl 14) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Shared Strength 2/3 | Maitoh - HP: 19/19, AC 19 (Tch 13, Fl 17), F: +5, R: +6, W: +4 | Active Conditions: None

Tahata sees the bird-creatures as the door opens and grips his spear tightly. He closes his eyes briefly, his thoughts focusing on the strength and resilience of the hunting wolf. With a burst of speed he charges forward at the nearest birdman, calling to Maitoh as he moves.

"Maitoh, hücum!" he shouts as man and wolf fall upon their prey.

Tahata - Free Action to handle Maitoh, Swift Action to use Shared Strength to gain a +1 bonus natural armour, Standard Action to charge blue. Maitoh - Standard Action to charge blue.

Tahata spear, charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Maitoh bite, charge, Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 - 1 = 7
Damage, Power Attack: 1d6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 3 = 6
Trip vs CMD if hits: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Seriously?! 3d20 should not equal 7.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 3 | 27/31 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per +0 | | Fort +4 | Ref +3 | Will -1 | Samurai Sword +8 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +5 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+3 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +2d6, Honor in All Things 1/day

Deciding not to give the others another chance to grasp at his blade, Gortrek Charged in, drawing his blade and striking at one of the creatures.

Attack on Red: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Dwarf Brawler 3| HP 18/33 | AC 17/12/15| CMB +6| CMD 18| F +5| R +5| W +3| Init +2 Per +7| Unarmed Strike +7 (1d6+3)

Durian advances, leveling his spear at one of the bird creatures. He doesn't know anything about them, but assumes they are a threat.

this is a surprise round, right? So just a move or attack? Or are we supposed to post our first round actions as well?


Male N Human (Shoanti) Hunter (Totem-Bonded) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 16 (Tch 12, Fl 14) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Shared Strength 2/3 | Maitoh - HP: 19/19, AC 19 (Tch 13, Fl 17), F: +5, R: +6, W: +4 | Active Conditions: None

If you're limited to a standard action you can still charge, but you can move a maximum of your normal speed and you can't draw a weapon without the Quick Draw feat. That's how Maitoh and I got into combat.

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|17/17 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 |
Spells Known:
(CL 3; Concentration +5; 7/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

Satisfied with Tahata and Durian's response Losjien smiles as they continue to the gate house.

Seeing the new comers rush towards the bird men he looks quickly to touch Gortrek's blade and realies he is too far away. He settles for Kagyu's spear.

Magic Weapon:
+1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls. 1 hour.
Creeping out from the corner he is startled to see a dwarf and a human fighting with strange lobster like creatures

He then moves into the room at a distance.

401 to 450 of 599 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent - GM Red Box All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2018 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.