Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Jade Regent AP - GM Red Box

Game Master Twistlok

* Tactical Maps *
* Player Notes *
* Loot Sheet *
* Caravan Sheet *


1 to 50 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Welcome party. Please create a post and then delete it so that the next visible post starts the game.

This will make the Gameplay thread show up in your Campaigns tab.

I would like to start this week if possible.


M Samaran Monk | 12/12 HP | AC 16(15) | T 16(15) | F 13 | Init +2(1) | Per +8 | Fort +3 | Ref +4(3) | Will +3 | Unarmed Strike +4 1d6+2 x2

Dot


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Resting in a natural cove along the cliff-lined Lost Coast region of Varisia, on the edge of the Varisian Gulf, Sandpoint is a medium-sized city that exemplifies the diverse people of the country. While only about thirty miles northeast of the city of Magnimar and technically under its rule, Sandpoint benefits from its isolated position in its ability to remain fairly independent. The most striking feature is the ruined beacon of the city that extends high above the cliffs of the coast, reflecting the ancient empire of Thassilon that existed here centuries before the present town was settled.

Sandpoint is a moderate town, not as sprawling as Magnimar, a day and a half of travel to the southwest, but still with over a thousand residents, several bustling industries and its own share of local color.

Some of that local color is the Rusty Dragon, one of two travelers' rest stops in Sandpoint. The Rusty Dragon takes its name from the sizable iron sculpture of a dragon that looms over the roof of the building. Time and weather have taken their toll on the sculpture, thus giving the large wooden building its name.

The owner of the Rusty Dragon is the famous Ameiko Kaijitsu, who is the scion of one of the four aristocratic families of Sandpoint. Though she also owns the Sandpoint Glassworks , she prefers to spend her time in the Rusty Dragon, chatting with patrons, swapping adventuresome tales, and occasionally regaling visitors with her musical skills.

The Rusty Dragon is the preferred stop for adventurers and mercenaries, partly due to the "Help Wanted" board where people can pick up odd jobs, partly because of the spicy food and Tian Min flair that Ameiko brings to the place, and partly due to the fact that the only other lodging house is a sleepy little place preferred by quiet merchants and tradesmen.

More local color would be the fairly new temple to Desna manded by Father Zantus and the occasional traveling cleric. The temple replaces another stucture that had been burned years ago. Once a year worshipers of Desna and merchants make their way to the town for the Swallowtail Festival where games are played and much drinking and rejoicing is to be had.

The citizens of Sandpoint are, by the large, a good lot and are proud of there town.

[u] Tatical Maps Slide 1 is a view of Sandpoint [/u]

Please feel free to let me know any feedback. I want this to be the best experience for you and the only way for that to happen is though feedback.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Today, as the sun nears noon, the Rusty Dragon has its share of trade, though it's a bit underwhelming -- a pair of travelers en route to Magnimar and a handful of locals looking for a spicy lunch; plus some other, more exotic, people.


  • An exotic looking man with blue skin and the garb of a monk who watches over Koya.
  • A half-elf cleric of Shelyn, an oddity in Sandpoint as it mostly attracts worshipers of Desna.
  • An elfin man who wields arcane power and has been known to be acquaintances with Koya.
  • Finally a burley half-orc with the blade of a samurai who has watched over Ameiko since the unpleasantness with her brother some years back.

Most of those present are enjoying a meal and some company but there is a feeling, as is often felt in Sandpoint, that events are once again about to transpire.

[u] Tactical Maps Slide 2 is the Rusty Dragon [/u]

Feel free to get to know each other a bit, even though your characters probably already know each other. I will continue once tokens are set and you have had a chance to RP.

Map is available but you tokens are not on it. Please feel free to place yourselves and set the scene for where we begin. (Shameless way to make sure you all get use to using the map.)


M Samaran Monk | 12/12 HP | AC 16(15) | T 16(15) | F 13 | Init +2(1) | Per +8 | Fort +3 | Ref +4(3) | Will +3 | Unarmed Strike +4 1d6+2 x2

Not long before the morning sun shined on the horizon, a certain monk had risen from his slumber, empty bottle in his hand from a night of partaking in his favorite indulgence. He immediately let it roll out of his hands and got to his feet, performing his morning stretches and katas as quietly as possible. Had to keep his skills sharp, even in the face of a hangover.

Partway though his final kata, the Dancing Dragon, he noticed activity picking up downstairs. Feeling his stomach rumble, he hoped that meant that breakfast was ready. Donning his gi, the samsaran made his way down the stairs and took a table near the center of the dining area whilst looking for faces to chat with. Sandpoint was an interesting town with interesting people after all. Surely there was someone willing to give him some time from their day.

'I wonder what kind of faces I will see today... and what flavor of liquor I will partake in this evening?'

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 1 |12 /12 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per -2 | | Fort +3 | Ref +2 | Will -2 | Samurai Sword +6 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +3 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+1 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +1d6

Silence. He would have given anything for silence. But such things were not easily found in town. And so, he would settle for the next best thing.

The green-skinned swordsman sat alone in a small corner table, holding a cup of Minkaian Rice Wine(sake, his grandmother had called it), taking a small sip every now and then while glancing towards the door to the kitchen.

His grandmother's words echoed in his head. Protect Ameiko Kaijitsu with your life. Not a request. Grandmother had never made a request. This, as were all things she said, was a command to be obeyed without question. And while the desire to question at times proved troublingly difficult to avoid, he had never felt doubt in the actual command itself.

And so it was that he found himself in the Rusty Dragon, nursing a pricey drink and a blade to protect a woman that, far as he was aware, didn't even know he existed. He couldn't tell her that he was watching her. At best, she'd think he was creepy, and at worse, he'd find himself locked up and shipped to Magnimar. So he did what he always did; watched from a distance, and wondered to himself why.

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|8/8 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 |
Spells Known:
(CL 1st; concentration +3) . . 1st (4/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

Losjien decided to stop in Sandpoint after his short journey of his home, the Mierani Fores. He had known the Red Dragon inn and knew it to be a good place for a meal and he could ready any supplies he would need after in town.

Hoping it is void of patrons he is dissapointed when he opens the door to find several interesting characters. He sits at the bar, and asks the bartender for a bowl of hot soup and bread.


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 11/11 HP | AC 18 | T 11 | F 17 | CMB +1 | CMD 12 | Init +1 | Per +4 | | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | MW Short spear +2 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +1 1d8 19-20 | Spell load out

Kagyu left the temple to get breakfast. Out of habit, he scanned the Rusty Dragon as he walked though the door but was surprised by the new faces he saw.

A half-orc? And....is that the samsaran Koya mentioned? I can't imagine there are too many of them walking around.

Kagyu sat across from the samsaran and flashed a big smile as he offered his hand, "Unless I'm mistaken, we have a mutual acquantaince in Koya. I'm Kagyu Mamoru. Can I buy you some breakfast?"


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Humor me folks and place your tokens on the tactical map so I know everyone can edit them. We will need them later.

Sheriff Belor Hemlock arrives as everyone has settled into various places in the inn, accompanied by a member of the town guard. The guard appears to be agitated and unhappy with the Sheriff. The sheriff goes to the "Help Wanted" board and places a scrap of parchment up against the board, then hammers it home with a small stubby peg, using the butt of his dagger as a mallet.

“I appreciate your enthusiasm but at the moment I cannot spare you and the guards, you guys tend to underestimate goblins and I need whoever goes into the swamp to come out again.” The guard, who is younger then first expected, says “Fine.” and storms off in a bit of a huff.

“So the Soggy River Monster bothering people?” Asks Ameiko having caught the tail end of what was being discussed and approaches her old friend the sheriff to read the notice. “Goblin bounty again is it? I thought we have put that to bed during the last unpleasantness.” She sighs and those who know her can assume she has once again thought of her brother's misdeeds years ago.

Sheriff Hemlock shakes his head ruefully as he accepts the mug of ale from Ameiko. He speaks in heavily accented Taldane, influenced by his Shoanti origins, and says, "Ahh the S.R.M., no not that thing. Apparently the goblins in the Brinestump Marsh got their hands on a shipment of fireworks. They've become emboldened by their success and they're preying on travelers along the road there -- hells, even one of the caravan masters reported a run-in. A group went in the Brinestump to look for the goblins three days ago, and we've heard nothing. Looks like we have no other choice -- ten gold pieces per goblin ear, three hundred more for bringing in the head of the chief."

Ameiko sidles around behind the bar and leans on it. She chuckles and replies, "That explains the sparks and explosions in the sky last night. I guess that the goblins were having a party."


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Sheriff Hemlock grunts and takes a gulp of the ale. He wipes his mouth and says, "Well they're sure pulling one over on us. Nobody even has a map of the Brinestump anyway. They could be anywhere. I don't suppose you want another adventure?"

Ameiko seems to think about it for a second, but then she stands and holds up her hands defensively. "Oh, no! I'm a respectable businesswoman. I have responsibilities here and you know my back has never been the same.” She waves to indicate the Rusty Dragon. "Why, if I were going to take up a life of adventure, I'd have to sell this place! And then where would you get free ale?" Her eyes twinkle with the teasing.

The sheriff finishes the mug of ale and puts it on the bar. "Well," he says, "if you think of anyone for the job let me know. I cannot have Sandpoint under siege again.” Looking at those in the bar he spots Miyagi-san and pauses before his gaze hits Gortrek “Maybe the big fellow who is always around could use a workout.” He says with a chuckle assuming he is the only one who has noticed that he is always near by, a quiet observer. “One of my guards wanted to go but they are not trained for this sort of thing.”

He starts for the door but turns back. “Ameiko, if anyone interested leave the blasted Soggy River Monster out of it will you? This is something else, no half eaten sheep and what not, one problem at a time.”

Know Local / History / Geography DC10:

Brinestump Marsh may not be as large as the Mushfens farther to the south, but the swamp is dense and tangled. It’s easy to get lost in the place. No one’s made a really detailed map of Brinestump—there’s been no need, since there’s not much of value within. A few fishing trails lead into the march but most are overgrown. One trail leads to a halfling who comes into town from time to time. The marsh itself is over two miles across at its largest point and is a mess of snaking waterways and overgrowth. The whole mess is surrounded by forty foot tall cliff.

Know Local DC15:

If anyone knows his way around in the marsh, it’d be that old eccentric halfling Walthus Proudstump, the self-appointed “warden” of the swamp. A fishing trail leads from the Lost Coast Road directly to Walthus’s shack in the swamp.

And there is some exposition.


M Samaran Monk | 12/12 HP | AC 16(15) | T 16(15) | F 13 | Init +2(1) | Per +8 | Fort +3 | Ref +4(3) | Will +3 | Unarmed Strike +4 1d6+2 x2
Kagyu Mamoru wrote:
Kagyu sat across from the Samsaran and flashed a big smile as he offered his hand, "Unless I'm mistaken, we have a mutual acquantaince in Koya. I'm Kagyu Mamoru. Can I buy you some breakfast?"

Watching the newcomer to the table, Miyagi inwardly praised the universe for sending him a potential new friend. "Would be honored, Momoru-san." He replied, gasping the cleric's hand firmly and shaking it. "Name is Miyagi. Any friend of Koya is friend of mine."

As he introduced himself, the samsaran couldn't help but overhear about Sandpoint's latest goblin troubles. 'Never seem to not be goblin problem in this place. Still, goblin never make things boring.' He thought to himself.

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|8/8 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 |
Spells Known:
(CL 1st; concentration +3) . . 1st (4/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

Enjoying his food complacently he can't help but to eavesdrop when the Sherif busts in. Sparks and explosions in the night sky?

Losjien feels a sudden anger at a possibility of goblins started a fire and destroying the marsh.
Losjien cares more about nature's beauty than he cares for most people

He stands and moves closer with Elven elegance to not draw attention to himself. He listens closer to the sherif and Ameiko.

Geography: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 1 |12 /12 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per -2 | | Fort +3 | Ref +2 | Will -2 | Samurai Sword +6 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +3 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+1 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +1d6

Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Briarstump Marsh. There's a halfling who lives out there. He'd probably know the area better than anyone...

As he felt himself being called out, Gortrek hesitated for a moment. On the one hand, he didn't like the idea of leaving the bar and leaving Ameiko. On the other hand, attention had been drawn to him, and there was little chance he could avoid awkward questions if he refused.

With a grunt, he pushed himself up from the table and approached the sheriff. "If you are in need of muscle, I can provide. Though I doubt even I could venture into the Marsh alone."


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 11/11 HP | AC 18 | T 11 | F 17 | CMB +1 | CMD 12 | Init +1 | Per +4 | | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | MW Short spear +2 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +1 1d8 19-20 | Spell load out

Knowledge(local) : 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Gortrek wrote:

"If you are in need of muscle, I can provide. Though I doubt even I could venture into the Marsh alone."

"You sell yourself short my friend," Kagyu laughed. "Getting in is no problem, it's getting back out that's the trick! But if you want company I'd be happy to join you. Here, have breakfast with us." He turned towards Amiko "Can we get three house breakfasts?"


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Amiko smiles at the cleric "Food is on the way, do not worry about that. Nice that you guys are willing to step forward so quickly. Anyone going certinally gets a free breakfast."

Sheriff Hemlock is suprised to get some reaction so quickly.

"Well the two of you look capable though I doubt that two people would be enough. Still it is a start. I will be honest this sort of thing makes me uncomfortable after Sandpoints history. We probably got that experienced wizard who helped us last time to burn the blasted swamp."

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|8/8 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 |
Spells Known:
(CL 1st; concentration +3) . . 1st (4/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

Losjien listens as the half-orc offers a hand and then sees the cleric. I recognize this cleric Losjien tought to himself. Then he heard the sheriff speak of the burned swamp and stood abruptly, but speaks soft.

"Relying on a wizard that burns a swamp is like hiring a stag to plant your garden."

From a wide dark sleeve Losjien pulls an eminating ball of green energy. It smells absolutly putrid and clearly doesn't bother him.

"I am Losjien of Mierani and will aid in eradicating these goblins"


M Samaran Monk | 12/12 HP | AC 16(15) | T 16(15) | F 13 | Init +2(1) | Per +8 | Fort +3 | Ref +4(3) | Will +3 | Unarmed Strike +4 1d6+2 x2

The thought of a free breakfast in return for volunteering along with the promised reward for goblin ears and the head of their chief itched the monk's senses of greed and gluttony. While normal monks would step up in the name of law and order alone, Miyagi was no ordinary monk and didn't see anything wrong with enriching his life with more than just good feelings.

"Have not seen goblin in many moons. Perhaps time to change that. Miyagi chimed in to the owner. "If promise that best liquor on sale when done, Miyagi promise many ears to purchase with.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 1 |12 /12 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per -2 | | Fort +3 | Ref +2 | Will -2 | Samurai Sword +6 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +3 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+1 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +1d6
Kagyu Mamoru wrote:
"You sell yourself short my friend. Getting in is no problem, it's getting back out that's the trick! But if you want company I'd be happy to join you. Here, have breakfast with us."

"Your words are kind, but I merely speak the truth. No single man could risk such an act. But if you offer aid, I would be foolish to refuse."

As the others made themselves known, Gortrek took the opporunity. He gave a small bow before speaking.

"Sessha, Raijin Gortrek to mousu." he spoke before raising up. "I am Gortrek Raijin, humble swordsman."

As he spoke, his eyes turned to the one who called himself Miyagi. For a moment, his eyes narrowed, as if trying to place a name to the strange, blue face.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Ameiko practically beams. "Well, that was quick! I have every confidence that you will get to the bottom of Sandpoint's 'goblin issue," she says. "Remember, if you're going into the marsh, bring a spare pair of boots. Oh and you know how to remove leeches right? Dont just pull them off use your fingernail where its mouth is to gently pull it off. Don't want a leech head broken off in you do you?"

Ameiko relizes she has taken an odd turn in the conversation. “Well nevermind that. Let me get some rice cakes and local cheese for the Sandpoint Five to take with them. Hmm Sandpoint Four? Maybe maybe not, what shall we call our brave group of heros?”

Hemlock is suprised by the quick respons and thinks for a moment, then says, "There's an old fishing trail that leads off the coast road, though, and it goes up to a shack that was sold a few years back to an eccentric halfling. Name's . . . Walthus . . . hmm . . . Walthus Proudstump, that's it. Apparently he enjoys the marsh. He might have a better idea of where to look." The sheriff shrugs. "Or you could just set up a search pattern and work your way through the entire marsh. Probably take a couple days. Your call."

"Regardless," says the sheriff, "I have a few militia patrolling the old coast road, but our strength is pretty thin. I can't spare any of the irregulars to go wandering through the marsh. Hence why the aristocrats have authorized the reward for dealing with this problem."

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|8/8 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 |
Spells Known:
(CL 1st; concentration +3) . . 1st (4/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

"It is nice to meet you Gortrek and Miyago" said Losjien with a bow. He then eyed the half-elf suspiciously trying to remember how he knows him.

'A couple of days in the marsh sounds lovely, although time is of the essence. Shall seek Proudstump?"


M Samaran Monk | 12/12 HP | AC 16(15) | T 16(15) | F 13 | Init +2(1) | Per +8 | Fort +3 | Ref +4(3) | Will +3 | Unarmed Strike +4 1d6+2 x2
GM Red Box wrote:

Ameiko practically beams. "Well, that was quick! I have every confidence that you will get to the bottom of Sandpoint's 'goblin issue," she says. "Remember, if you're going into the marsh, bring a spare pair of boots. Oh and you know how to remove leeches right? Dont just pull them off use your fingernail where its mouth is to gently pull it off. Don't want a leech head broken off in you do you?"

Ameiko relizes she has taken an odd turn in the conversation. “Well nevermind that. Let me get some rice cakes and local cheese for the Sandpoint Five to take with them. Hmm Sandpoint Four? Maybe maybe not, what shall we call our brave group of heros?”

"Call us what you wish. Nothing defaming if possible."

GM Red Box wrote:

Hemlock is suprised by the quick respons and thinks for a moment, then says, "There's an old fishing trail that leads off the coast road, though, and it goes up to a shack that was sold a few years back to an eccentric halfling. Name's . . . Walthus . . . hmm . . . Walthus Proudstump, that's it. Apparently he enjoys the marsh. He might have a better idea of where to look." The sheriff shrugs. "Or you could just set up a search pattern and work your way through the entire marsh. Probably take a couple days. Your call."

"Regardless," says the sheriff, "I have a few militia patrolling the old coast road, but our strength is pretty thin. I can't spare any of the irregulars to go wandering through the marsh. Hence why the aristocrats have authorized the reward for dealing with this problem."

Losjien Hallow wrote:

"It is nice to meet you Gortrek and Miyago" said Losjien with a bow. He then eyed the half-elf suspiciously trying to remember how he knows him.

'A couple of days in the marsh sounds lovely, although time is of the essence. Shall seek Proudstump?"

"Miyagi..." the samsaran corrected before before clearing his throat. "Also, no sense rushing into fight on very empty stomach. Breakfast first. Then seek Proudstump and goblins."


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Amiko smiles at the monks comments.

"Yes, of course. Food is coming out now. Sadly I know little of the swamp but, since it seems the four of you are going feel free to ask what you like."

The Sheriff offers what little information has as well but really just reiterates what he has already said but add's on thing. As I said there is no map of the area but I do have the closest thing."

He hands over a small sketch that shows the exterior and interior of the swamp as well as a lot of grayed out area with the exception of one rough path.

"As I said, go in house you like. Walthus gave me this in cases we needed to get to him. He may or may not be of help so really this 'map' might be worthless."

Map in tactical maps. I did not go with the most artistic version but this has the basic info that you would have now and the rest is blacked out.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

FYI - Not trying to force you down a path. As you can see there are other ways in and things go at your pace. I am going to add labels to the tiles so you can give me directions of where you are exploring.

After a pause the sheriff has once more comment. "Oh, well, I should have done this earlier. If you map the swamp, or at least what you discover, the town will toss in an extra 2000gp. It's only right."

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|8/8 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 |
Spells Known:
(CL 1st; concentration +3) . . 1st (4/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

While eating breakfast Losjien remembers that he had once met the Half-elf, many years ago.

"Yes I do know you... You looked different. It was generous for you to have tried helping my father. I am sorry he did not show the same compassion."


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 11/11 HP | AC 18 | T 11 | F 17 | CMB +1 | CMD 12 | Init +1 | Per +4 | | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | MW Short spear +2 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +1 1d8 19-20 | Spell load out

"Hmmmm...," Kagyu thinks while chewing his breakfast. "Five or six years ago, around the Meirani Forest, right? I wasn't so comfortable with myself back then." He reaches up with one hand to scratch his beard and then pointed ear, emphasizing the point. "But I'm glad I could offer what little help I did. Have you yet found a cure?"

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|8/8 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 |
Spells Known:
(CL 1st; concentration +3) . . 1st (4/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

"No cure has been found yet. I will travel far by caravan to find one" Losjien hesitates and shows some doubt wether finding a cure will be possible. "You were with a band of mercenaries I believe. What happened to such rough folk?

Losjien slurps down his breakfast messily and nods to Miyagi and Gortrek, his new companions for the goblin excursion.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 1 |12 /12 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per -2 | | Fort +3 | Ref +2 | Will -2 | Samurai Sword +6 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +3 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+1 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +1d6

Despite all attempts, Gortrek could not place Miyagi's face. He decided it wasn't worth pursuing at the moment, and simply sat, eating his breakfast quietly. The others could talk. He did not wish to interrupt them.


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 11/11 HP | AC 18 | T 11 | F 17 | CMB +1 | CMD 12 | Init +1 | Per +4 | | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | MW Short spear +2 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +1 1d8 19-20 | Spell load out

"They were battle-hardened, certainly, but reliable. We had just finished our last campaign and I split with them shortly after. Actually, that was the first season I started guarding caravans around Sandpoint. Scaring off bandits was practically a vacation after the previous years wars!"


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 11/11 HP | AC 18 | T 11 | F 17 | CMB +1 | CMD 12 | Init +1 | Per +4 | | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | MW Short spear +2 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +1 1d8 19-20 | Spell load out

Kagyu finished eating. Thank you for the breakfast, Amiko. Delicious as always, " he grins. "If no one has anything else to do, I suggest we collect our things and meet at the entrance to the marsh. I need to collect my armor and needle."

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|8/8 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 |
Spells Known:
(CL 1st; concentration +3) . . 1st (4/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

*CLAP Losjien claps loud enough to draw the attention of the bar.

"YES, to the swamp."

His cloak twists in a cirlcle as he heads to the door.


M Samaran Monk | 12/12 HP | AC 16(15) | T 16(15) | F 13 | Init +2(1) | Per +8 | Fort +3 | Ref +4(3) | Will +3 | Unarmed Strike +4 1d6+2 x2

Miyagi enjoyed his breakfast and making new friends. While he sensed something familiar about the half-orc, he could not place it himself.

Kagyu Mamoru wrote:
Kagyu finished eating. Thank you for the breakfast, Amiko. Delicious as always, " he grins. "If no one has anything else to do, I suggest we collect our things and meet at the entrance to the marsh. I need to collect my armor and needle."
Losjien Hallow wrote:

*CLAP Losjien claps loud enough to draw the attention of the bar.

"YES, to the swamp."

His cloak twists in a cirlcle as he heads to the door.

"Just need pack and will meet you at the warden's hovel for basic plan." The monk stated as he finished up before going and grabbing his bag from his room and leaving the inn.


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 11/11 HP | AC 18 | T 11 | F 17 | CMB +1 | CMD 12 | Init +1 | Per +4 | | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | MW Short spear +2 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +1 1d8 19-20 | Spell load out

Kagyu looks to Gotrek, "Well. They cleared out fast. Can you be ready as well, or should I chase down our eager new friends?"

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 1 |12 /12 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per -2 | | Fort +3 | Ref +2 | Will -2 | Samurai Sword +6 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +3 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+1 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +1d6
Kagyu Mamoru wrote:
Kagyu looks to Gotrek, "Well. They cleared out fast. Can you be ready as well, or should I chase down our eager new friends?"

Gortrek looked down at himself. He already wore his armor, and his katana sat sheathed at his hip.

"I believe I have everything I need. A samurai is always prepared. If you wish to track them down, I will follow."


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

So is the plan to go into the swamp together or is Miyagi-san traveling separately in an attempt to meet at the warden's place. The Old Fishing Road is about 30 minutes from the town.


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 11/11 HP | AC 18 | T 11 | F 17 | CMB +1 | CMD 12 | Init +1 | Per +4 | | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | MW Short spear +2 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +1 1d8 19-20 | Spell load out

"Pit!" Kagyu runs to the inn door "Miyagi! Meet at the Swamp entrance!" Turning back towards Gortrek,"Good catch. If you want to come back to the temple with me, we can head over together after I grab my gear."


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Ok going to move us ahead to the start of the marsh.

Anyone from this area knows that the Brinestump Marsh is relatively small in area but it is amazing overgrown and small still means two miles across at its biggest point. The area is given to frequent stretches of muddy bogs and snaking waterways, moving through the marsh will be tiring, frustrating and wet. The marsh itself is bounded on its southern edge by cliffs that rise an average of 40 feet from the wetlands below.

As you descend down the path the swamp starts to come into view. The Brinestump Marsh lies ahead of the group like a fog-shrouded terror. Twisted cypress and mangrove trees rise from low-lying ground fog, and the whole area is covered in reeds, thickets, and thorny bushes. The locale is rife with the noise of living things -- birds, frogs, insects, and perhaps larger beasts.

Brinestump Marsh Images

Please select a standard party order. I will use the first person as a token to show where you are in the swamp.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 1 |12 /12 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per -2 | | Fort +3 | Ref +2 | Will -2 | Samurai Sword +6 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +3 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+1 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +1d6

As Gortrek is melee focused, and has the highest AC/HP combo, I believe it's only smart to put him up front as the mītoshīrudo.

As Gortrek entered the marsh, he kept a hand on the hilt of his katana, though it remained sheathed.

"So, which way is it to this Proudstump's home?"

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|8/8 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 |
Spells Known:
(CL 1st; concentration +3) . . 1st (4/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

Losjen beams with excitement as the group enters the march. He stays towrds the back of the group but is quickly distracted. He tries to remember anything useful for travelng through the marsh.

Knowledge nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Site was down yesterday right after I posted. A second post got lost saying if Miyagi-san did intend to enter separately to just let me know.


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 11/11 HP | AC 18 | T 11 | F 17 | CMB +1 | CMD 12 | Init +1 | Per +4 | | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | MW Short spear +2 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +1 1d8 19-20 | Spell load out

Kagyu stops by the temple and borrows a few sheets of paper and a stub of charcoal in exchange for a small donation.

Assuming that's ok. I figured we needed something to do the mapping of the swamp on.

He arrives at the swamp entrance and take up the rear guard carrying his shield emblazoned with the sigil of Shelyn.


M Samaran Monk | 12/12 HP | AC 16(15) | T 16(15) | F 13 | Init +2(1) | Per +8 | Fort +3 | Ref +4(3) | Will +3 | Unarmed Strike +4 1d6+2 x2

Hearing the call of his new companion, he quickly caught up to them as they got to the swamp. The murky atmosphere and algae filled waters certainly told him all he needed to about this place.

"Hmm... probably should have worn dirtier gi." He commented to no one in particular as he took a place behind his half-orcish friend.

Gortrek the Honorable wrote:

As Gortrek entered the marsh, he kept a hand on the hilt of his katana, though it remained sheathed.

"So, which way is it to this Proudstump's home?"

"Let's see..." Miyagi said as he looked at the scribbling that was known as a map. "X on map must be house. Follow path here, find house there."


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

After the first six hundred hundred or so yards (⅓ mile) there is a large snap of a branch off to the left of the path, loud enough that the party freezes in its place. You all realize that without this path you would need to be very conscious of directions so as not to lose your way.

Perception:

Perception Gortrek: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Perception Miyagi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Perception Kagyu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Perception Losjien: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

None of you,though Losjien thinks it may be quite large, can tell what made the noise. While paused the ever present flying bugs move in close. One lands on Gortrek and draws a small bit of blood before you can smash it into your shoulder leaving a bloody smear. There is a snap of a few smaller sticks form about the same direction as the original sound but nothing seems to come of it.

Ahead of you is a rickety old bridge.

BRIDGE ONE

Something:

Reflex Gortrek: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Reflex Miyagi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Reflex Kagyu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Reflex Losjien: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Which causes some anxious moments but you all make it over.

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|8/8 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 |
Spells Known:
(CL 1st; concentration +3) . . 1st (4/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

So it sounds like our standard walking order is Gortrek in front with the map, Miyagi, Kagyu, and Losjien in the back getting distracted by interesting shaped stones. Does that order work for everyone?

Grand Lodge

Male M Elf Sorcerer|8/8 HP | AC 12 | T 12 | F 12 | Init +2 | Per +4 | Fort +1 | Ref +2 |
Spells Known:
(CL 1st; concentration +3) . . 1st (4/day)—bungle(DC 15), magic weapon, acid splash, daze (DC 14), detect magic, haunted fey aspect

"Be weary of traps, goblins are sneaky gits" Losjien whispers to the party. He pauses oddly and concentrates Detect Magic 1 round action


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 11/11 HP | AC 18 | T 11 | F 17 | CMB +1 | CMD 12 | Init +1 | Per +4 | | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | MW Short spear +2 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +1 1d8 19-20 | Spell load out

Kagyu was taking the rear guard to act as a buffer from rear attacks but he won't prevent Losjien from getting behind him if he insists. He will stay close, however.

Miyagi-san wrote:
"Hmm... probably should have worn dirtier gi."

"This is exactly why you don't see many white robes outside of librarians and town-clerics," Kagyu mumbles.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Orc Samurai(Sword Saint) 1 |12 /12 HP | AC 18 | T 12 | F 16 | Init +2 | Per -2 | | Fort +3 | Ref +2 | Will -2 | Samurai Sword +6 1d8+6/18-20 | Longbow +3 1d8/ x3 | Challenge 1/day(+1 Damage, DR 1/--), Iajutsu Strike +1d6
Losjien Hallow wrote:
So it sounds like our standard walking order is Gortrek in front with the map, Miyagi, Kagyu, and Losjien in the back getting distracted by interesting shaped stones. Does that order work for everyone?

Given that Gortrek has a horrible perception check and probably wouldn't notice those stones, I can support that. Also, it's worth mentioning, Mr. GM, that you've got Gortrek's perception calculated wrong. It's -2, not +1. Dude's kinda stuck in his own head.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Ahh. I copy and paste from the charts on the tactical maps page. Everyone should check their various stats on that page and also update when you level.

As far as pacing goes atm I am leaving some space for RP but will advance a bit in the swamp today.


Male Iron Gods 1 -Tactical Map ---- Jade Regent - Tactical Maps

Ahead of you is a second bridge, very similar to the first and as you approach you can see that, unlike the last, it has a thin covering of slime one it. The footing will probably be treacherous so caution will be needed. At least this time you do not see any dead animals on the far side. It does appear that an old scabbard, possible with a sword still in it, lays on the other side of the bridge.

As Gortrek reaches the start of the bridge something stirs on the other side, three skeletons. The skeletons are wearing armor of a Tian influence though it is not in great shape and has algae hanging off of it. Each is armed with shield and katana.

DC10 Reflex to cross the bridge or fall prone. If fail by more than five you fall in the water.

Water is difficult terrain to move though as is the bridge.

Initative:

Initiative Gortrek: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Initiative Miyagi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Initiative Kagyu: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Initiative Losjien: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Initiative Skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Skeletons have moved.

Bold may act
Skeletons
Gortrek, Miyagi, Kagyu, Losjien

You have control of your pawns, please move them as part of your turn in all combats where a map is used.


Male M Half-Elf Cleric | 11/11 HP | AC 18 | T 11 | F 17 | CMB +1 | CMD 12 | Init +1 | Per +4 | | Fort +5 | Ref +2 | Will +5 | MW Short spear +2 1d6+1 | Light Crossbow +1 1d8 19-20 | Spell load out

Kagyu's easy smile drops at the sight of the undead. He steps to the edge of the bridge.
"Shelyn teaches us there is beauty in all things, but in this? There is only beauty in their rest."

Holding forth his shield emblazoned with a songbird, he whispers a prayer to his goddess. A burst of vitality emanates from Kagyu in all directions.

Kagyu casts channel energy targeting undead.
DC13 Will save for half damage.

Damage:

Red Skeleton damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Green Skeleton damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Blue Skeleton damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


M Samaran Monk | 12/12 HP | AC 16(15) | T 16(15) | F 13 | Init +2(1) | Per +8 | Fort +3 | Ref +4(3) | Will +3 | Unarmed Strike +4 1d6+2 x2

Seeing the remains of ancestors long since dead standing before him filled Miyagi with horror and disgust. Why were these sleeping ancestors awakened and blocking their way now of all times?

Kagyu Mamoru wrote:
"Shelyn teaches us there is beauty in all things, but in this? There is only beauty in their rest."

"Then rest they shall receive!" The monk cried before charging into battle and attempting to strike down the undead before him.

Move action: Move 5 squares left (25ft) into range of Blue
Standard Action: Attack Blue

Reflex Miyagi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Unarmed Strike vs Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Natch... started off good too... Don't know if the high ground will give me an advantage here or not. Your call, GM.

1 to 50 of 294 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent - GM Red Box All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.