Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Jacob Trier

"That fell creature sought to twist our minds, remove our souls, and make us forget what we are, rendering us into nought but crude beasts."
- Jervaise Toppington, Steel Falcon of Andoran


401 to 450 of 2,032 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

To his nearby friends, bugtaebear growls to the north, there he gestures we'll find Goodluck and more foes.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Meycho:

You ride north across the fallen logs, and as you move past them, you spot Goodluck to the west. He is caught with a splinterwaif on one side and a writhing thorny bramble (Marked in yellow) on the other.

You have a clear shot, but note that between both enemies being in melee and your pony double-moving, you have -8 to hit. If you are going to cast a spell, you also need a DC10 + spell level concentration check.

MAP


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

In a clear voice, Meycho directs Falling Star towards the now visible enemy.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Falling Star:
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Meanwhile, Meycho shoulders his bow, wanting to get close and personal.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Falling star swoops at the foe, but fails to connect with either beak or claw.

Goodluck is up. Map


Goodluck steps to the side to avoid the sudden flank. "Over here! Dere's one of dese buggers over here!"

Cast defensively Gozreh's trident: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Splinterwaif acro 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Splinterwaif Stealth 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34

Goodluck and Meycho:

The splinterwaif ducks and tumbles past Falling Star, and vanishes into the underbrush to the west.

Anyone else:

You hear mufled sounds to the north, but are unable to make out anything specific.

Caelin is up. I'll need a perception check to try and spot any enemies. Map


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin fought the urge to run towards Goodluck's voice. There might well be other foes on this side of the camp. For that matter, the little bastards could pop down here in no time. Better to continue his sweep.

With his bow at the ready, and another arrow nocked, Caelin continued along the edge of the camp. West now, and then northwest.

Moves and Rolls:


Perception to notice fey: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30 incl. +4 for favored enemy
I'll double-move stealthy along the edge of the camp, until I see something, heading for Q14. I'll shoot if I have the actions left.
Question: Does my Woodland Stride overcome the difficult terrain outside the camp?
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Potential shot, regular arrow: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 EDIT: Add +4 for favored enemy. Might overcome DR?


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Perception:
Taecuss: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Jervaise: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Splinterwaif: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Caelin:

You stalk through the underbrush, you ranger training allowing you to move freely where others would be hindered, but even your sharp, elven eyes fail to spot a target for your arrows Unless of course you feel like taking a pot-shot at the bugbear standing in the center of the camp.

All others:

You hear and see nothing but the swirling mist. Just like the enemies, Caelin has blended into the wilds.

Jervaise, you are next. Map


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise continues to look around the camp, waiting for a target to make itself known...

Essentially, a readied action to charge the next hostile that he sees...

+1 Merciful Cold Iron Greatsword: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 2 = 23, for 2d6 + 16 + 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 16 + (4) + (6, 5) = 42 non-lethal damage.


Repositing initative for the page:
Meycho/Falling Star: 26
Goodluck: 20
Twigjacks: 19
Splinterwaif: 19
Caelin/Aumgwe: 18
Jervaise: 13
Taecuss: 7

Tae will move 30' north and actively try to narrow down the scent trail of the fey.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Just waiting for a map :)


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

A bugbear! Caelin raised his bow to take aim...until he noticed that Jervaise was standing, unperturbed, nearby.
I guess it's on our side, he shrugged, turning back to scan the underbrush.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Taecuss, a bit of clarification before we move on to Meycho and round 5. You can't move directly north, since there is a log pile blocking your way. To the west of the log pile is a cart which you would have to move around. To the east is the fallen logs from the trap Goodluck set off, which are difficult terrain. You can move across this area, but not the full 30 ft. Please clarify how you move, and whether you use your scent ability before or after you move.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Waiting for Tae to confirm his action.


How about move to K19 and from there try to use scent again to further narrow down where foes may be.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Taecuss:

You pick up the scent of the splinterwaif - it seems to becoming from the bushes west of your current position.

Abandoned logging camp

Round 5

Ordered Initiative-
Meycho/Falling Star: 26
Goodluck: 20
Twigjacks: 19
Splinterwaif: 19
Caelin/Aumgwe: 18
Jervaise: 13
Taecuss: 7

Terrain Features-
Bushes/Dark green areas: Heavy undergrowth - difficult terrain and 30% concealment.
Lumber piles: 10 ft high.
Fallen logs (between the two southern log-piles): Difficult terrain.

Notes-
The initiative counts above reflects only the enemies who have shown themselves. Hidden enemies may enter the initiative order in other places, as a result of delay/readied actions.

The splinterwaif has summoned an animated bramble. This is marked in yellow. The animated bramble is immobile, but threatens all adjacent squares.

Active Effects
Bard song: Inspire Courage +2/+2 - 5 round spent

Meycho is up. Map


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

I'm vacationing at my mother's with limited time in front of the computer. Please feel free to DMPC me, to speed things up.

For now, move to I16 and ready attack.


Jace, do you just want to plan a hiatus for this game until you are past the wedding (and hopefully a honeymoon if you can take one)? We can leave it as a cliffhanger in the fog if it will take some of the stress of this week off of you? From what I've seen, your players are engaged enough that it shouldn't be a problem to fire it back up when you are ready.


Storyteller extraordinaire

I can probably manage brief updates until Thursday or Friday, and again from Monday, so no need to put the game on a complete stop. We won't be going on a honeymoon for some time, so that's not an issue.

Meycho, perception roll please.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Falling Star: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Meycho nudges his pony along, arrow nocked and ready. For now, he fails to spot any enemies in the mist besides the animated bramble, which writhes menacingly, but is unable to reach either him or Goodluck.

Falling Star also fails to spot the splinterwaif, and returns to Meycho with an irritated shriek. Caelin and Meycho, please remember to specify actions for your birds if you want them to do anything other than follow you around.

Goodluck, you're next. Map


Goodluck moves to M17 and attacks with Gozreh's Trident!

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 electricity

Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage:1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Storyteller extraordinaire

Uhm yeah.....bit embarrassing. Seems I forgot to check "View as player" when i saved Goodluck's latest map. So Goodluck, could you please do your best to forget what you have seen, and repost your action based on THIS MAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.


No problem, accidents happen!

Goodluck will limp to I-22, keeping any eye out for any more of the little buggers. He'll ready an attack with the tame lightning bolt he holds in his hand.


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Splinterwaif 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
dmg 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + (1, 4) = 7

stealth 1d20 ⇒ 19

Perception:
Caelin: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Meycho: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Falling Star: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Aumgwe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Goodluck:

You move through the mist, and fail to spot either Splinterwaif or twigjacks. There is a bugbear standing in the middle of the fallen lumber though.

Meycho:

You hear a sharp crack, and a splinter of woof hisses past your head. You fail to spot where the shot came from, but an angry shriek from Falling Star hints that he has seen where the splinterwaif is hiding.

Caelin:

You hear a sharp crack, and spot a splinterwaif in the bushes dead ahead firing a splinter at someone. You have a clear shot (with concealment, of course) and a path to charge, if you wish.

Jervaise and Taecuss:
You hear the sharp crack of wood, and catch a glimpse of Goodluck moving among the wood piles. You can't see any enemies though.

Caelin, your turn. Your Map

All right guys, this is my last post as an unmarried man - no posts tomorrow. See you Sunday.


Storyteller extraordinaire

All right...wows were said, rings exchanged,rice thrown, wedding cake eaten etc etc. We now return to our regular broadcast.

The action is on Caelin - I'll take his turn for him if he has not posted in an hour or two to move things along.


GM JaceDK wrote:

All right...wows were said, rings exchanged,rice thrown, wedding cake eaten etc etc. We now return to our regular broadcast.

The action is on Caelin - I'll take his turn for him if he has not posted in an hour or two to move things along.

Congrats! May you have much happiness and a long life together!


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

With a sharp intake of excited breath, Caelin dropped his bow and burst forward towards the splinterwaif. Drawing his sword as he hopped over and around the camp gear, he took it in one smooth arc towards the little fey. As he followed through, he whistled for Aumgwe to stay close.

rolls:

EDIT: Forgot concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 96
Power Attack w/Greatsword: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32 (power attack -2, Insprired +2, Favored +4. Charge if I can though the gear, then add 2 more)
Damage: 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (3, 6) + 19 = 28 (7+2inspire+6pa+4favored)
Boom?

Congrats and much happiness to you both!


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Concealment 1d100 ⇒ 49

Boom, indeed! - and thanks.

With all the skill and fury of countless battles with evil fey behind him, Caelin strikes. The cold-iron greatsword flashes, and the splinterwaif, which thought itself concealed, lets out a shriek of sudden fear - and dies.

Silence fills the camp. For a while, the five heroes stalk the mist, on guard for more fey to ambush from the bushes and wood piles. But neither Taecuss' enhanced sense of smell or Goodluck's fog-piercing vision reveals anything, and no further enemies appear. If more twigjacks or splinterwaifs were around, they must have slinked away in the fog in the face of the brutal end that their fellows have met.

We are out of initiative.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin searches out his bow and picks it up. Counting up his comrades, he deduces that it's Taecuss disguised as the bugbear. Grinning he asks "Tae, before you change back, could you expound upon Andoran haut cuisine for a minute? I'd like to see that from a bugbear."


Caelin Nyndel wrote:
"Tae, before you change back, could you expound upon Andoran haut cuisine for a minute? I'd like to see that from a bugbear."

Well of course! The key to understanding Andoran haut cuisine is all in the nuance. Take the fois de martime pecantine. At first pass, it may appear to be just another delicate spread upon a crisp bread hind. In truth, the delight of the offering is in taking the moment to savor it as it strikes your tongue. Astute palates will discern a distinct blend of... Tae grimaces a bit as the spell wears off, reverting him to his normal elven form. With a grin at Caelin, he offers I can finish another time if you'd like.

Welcome back, and congratulations to you both!


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho laughs at the bugbear chef impersonation, then looks around. Is anyone injured? I'm sorry I was of little help against these foes, but their stealthy ways almost got the better of me, he says before calling Falling Star to sit on his shoulder.

It was a wonderful wedding and I'm happy she said yes. Exactly how did you get her to marry you? Hypnotism? ;)


Goodluck shakes his head, making a curiously musical sound as the barnacles clank together. "Truly de northern sense o' humor is not easily compr'hended."


Storyteller extraordinaire

As you stand talking, the sunlight slowly fades. Dusk is falling, and you feel the chill of the Fellnight mists all around you. No sounds except the ones you make. The battered bodies of the evil fey lie scattered throughout the camp.

The destruction of the camp does not seem to be as bad as it first seemed. Most of the tents are torn, but can probably be patched up. Equipment and tools lie scattered, as does the fallen logs from the trapped lumber pile. Even so, you can probably secure a comfortable place to rest with a minimum of work.

Can I get everyone to update their sheets or post a quick status in regards to hp, remaining spell slots etc. Also, be sure to specify what you do next.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Once certain that there are no more threats in the immediate area, Jervaise relaxes a little.

[b]"Well done, lads! Now, we have a couple of unconscious fey that we can finish-off or interrogate at our leisure... First off, though, I would like to conduct a search of this camp, to see if anything useful / clues can be uncovered..."{/b]

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22.

We need to interrogate and/or kill all of the unconscious fey. Other than that, if it is time to camp, we can probably make a decent little fort here :-)


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Dismounting, Meycho says I agree, we should set up camp and see if there are any useful items around. Whether interrogating the prisoners will provide any useful clues I don't know...


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Status: 38/53hp

Caelin sighed wearily at the thought of interrogating the fey. He found fey to be annoying conversationalists even when they were friendly! They make stupid jokes and have the attention span of a fruit fly. He shuddered to think what these nasty examples might be like.

But he couldn't deny the usefulness of the process. Too many strange things had happened today, and the group needed information. Besides, most fey (even the troublesome or violent ones) weren't naturally evil. They were just more susceptible to taint than other creatures. To treat them cruelly would be like treating a stream cruelly for being polluted.

No, someone or something was behind this, and they needed to find out.

He sighed again, this time with resignation and resolve. "I can usually tell when fey are lying to me, but I'm useless when it comes to interrogations and negotiations. Too little patience for chatter, I'm afraid. So, if someone can help, I'd like to know a bit more about what's going on, and these might be able to help", he said, pointing to the sprawled creatures.


Storyteller extraordinaire

You swiftly police up the bodies and examine the remains of the camp.

The creatures
Both splinterwaif and two of the twigjacks have died from their injuries.

The last twigjack was knocked out by Jervaise's brutal beating and is severly wounded. You estimate that it will be unconscious for several hours unless magically healed.

One of the dead splinterwaifs carried a pouch of strange, glittery dust.

The camp
The camp is divided into a work area to the north and a living area to the south. Both areas show signs of fighting, with thorny darts, arrows and discarded, broken weapons scattered and smears of blood here and there.

The inhabitants of the camp were obviously ambushed. Half-eaten meals are spilled from dropped plates, and a deck of cards has been trampled into the ground along with a handful of copper pieces. The fires of the forge and cooking hearth are cold. It has been several hours since the battle.

You estimate from the number of bunks in the tents that the camp held about a dozen men. You do not find any of the lumberjacks, alive or dead.

Under a tarp in the work area lies a MW cold iron handaxe.

A crate labeled “Medical supplies” contains:
2 x potions of CLW
1 x potion of CMW
1 x potion of Neutralize poison
1 x healers kit (10 uses)

By the anvil, a set of MW Blacksmith's tools lie discarded.

Knowledge (Nature) DC 15:

Two of the bushes in the middle of the camp do not resemble any of the other vegetation in the area. Upon closer inspection, you discover half-dried blood soaked into the ground around their roots. You suddenly realize the grim truth - these bushes are all that remain of two dead bodies, transformed by the splinterwaifs.

Survival DC 15 (tracking bonus applies):

You find plenty of tracks, from humans as well as the twigjacks and splinterwaifs. You also find tracks from small humanoids which suddenly grow dramatically in size. These are almost certainly made by Fellnight Spriggans like the ones you fought at the wedding, and you estimate that at least 20 of them took part in the battle.

A mixture of human and spriggan tracks lead off into the woods to the west. The humans show signs of being injured and bound.

If you take any of the items you have found, please indicate who carries what.


Tae is down one point of CON, no hit point damage. He's used 1 second level slot and 5 rounds of performance.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

rolls:

Knowledge Nature (woodlands) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Survival 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34

Caelin picked his way through the debris, moving from place to place and talking out loud.
"It appears that this camp was attacked by a large number of fey. Spriggans, along with the waifs and jacks." He scanned the ground, unconsciously counting with his fingers on the side of his leg. "Fifteen...no, more like twenty all told. Some of the humans were captured and led off to the west." He stopped at some bushes and touched the ground at their roots. His hand came back bloody. "Not all of them, though." With that, his hand gently brushed the leaves, and he whispered a prayer to Gozreh.

Standing up, he gently handed the pouch of strange, glittery dust to Tae. "Do you know what this is?"

He looked through the crate of healing gear. "I could use one of these potions, just in case. Anybody else want one?"

Caelin takes the potion of CMW, unless someone else wants it more.


Tae examines the glittery dust.

Not sure what the best skill to roll against is for this one...

Appraise 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 add 2 if magical.
Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23
Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Storyteller extraordinaire

Taecuss:

I'm assuming you cast Detect Magic to aid in your investigation of the dust. It is a pouch of Dust of Illusion


To the gathered champions, Tae will explain It is a dust of illusion. A pinch of it on someone will allow them to change their outward appearance. We may find it useful at some point. We should take these other items of healing as well; I fear we will need to put them to good use before we are done. He'll tuck the bag into his belt if no one else wants to carry it.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise nods.

"It looks like they were taken by surprise; the fact that so many of them were taken away, rather than being killed, is troubling... I worry about what they are intended for..."

I would not mind one or more of the CLW potions, if no one else wishes to claim them. The same goes for the handaxe. If no-one wants to claim the healer's kit or the MW tools, Jervaise is happy to crate them up, but he is not claiming them personally...


Storyteller extraordinaire

I'm hanging a bit back here and letting you guys get a chance to fire up the RP. If you want me to nudge things along, then let me know.


{b]"I will take de poison potion and de healer's kits. I cna make good use of dem."[/b]


I like to think I've spent enough time in these parts that I know what is going on, but I've not heard of the fey being so aggressive here. I wonder what has changed? Why so much, with so much power behind it, now?


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

"Well, let's ask this last 'jack when he wakes up from Jervaise's lullaby."
Caelin handed the neutralize poison potion and the healers kit to Goodluck, a potion of cure light wounds each to Jervaise and Meycho, and tucked the potion of cure moderate wounds into his belt pouch. He nodded to Jervaise as half-elf hefted the handaxe.
"In the meantime, let's arrange our things close to the fire. I want us close together tonight, given the mist. We'll need to move out first thing in the morning."

He sent Aumgwe to stand watch on a woodpile and began clearing an area around the fire pit of debris.

As he worked, he smiled over to Meycho. "Meycho, is it true that this sort of thing happens at every wedding you attend?"


Caelin Nyndel wrote:
As he worked, he smiled over to Meycho. "Meycho, is it true that this sort of thing happens at every wedding you attend?"

With a grin, Tae throws in I once was in a town whose belief was the more that went wrong with a wedding, the longer and happier the marriage. Sometimes folks would sabotage small things for well wishes. If that's the case, I'd say our friends have a bright future ahead!


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho looks down, mock shame on his face, Whoever spread those evil...rumours about me? Jervaise, I thought we had agreed to keep that a secret between us...

At Tae's comment, Meycho stiffles a laugh, Agreed, till the stars themselves fall down and Aroden returns, I'd say.

Sending Falling Star to the opposite site of the camp to stand watch, Meycho began helping with setting up camp.

If my notes are correct, I've 4 points of damage and used two 1st, three 2nd and one 3rd level spell. Falling Star has also taken 4 points of damage, along with my pony.

401 to 450 of 2,032 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.