Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen (Inactive)

Game Master Jacob Trier

"That fell creature sought to twist our minds, remove our souls, and make us forget what we are, rendering us into nought but crude beasts."
- Jervaise Toppington, Steel Falcon of Andoran


351 to 400 of 2,032 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Storyteller extraordinaire

Meycho advances, and holds at the edge of the camp (Q29). No enemies appear. Goodluck, you are next.


Goodluck will advance to M-25, peering about to see if anything looks out of place.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Drow Wizard (diviner foresight) 1 | HP 9 (9) | Init +3 | Perc +10 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +1 R +2 W +2 |
Resources:
Prescience 8/8, Darkness 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Tae will keep the effect up, waiting for the scouts to let him know danger has passed.

Goodluck, make sure you keep an eye on everyone. If we separate too far in this mist, you may be the only one who can get us back together again.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Still no contact. Caelin is next.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Heeding Tae's words, Caelin marches forward through the underbrush, staying within sight of Goodluck and the others, but trying to peer into the woods and behind the campsite.

Double move at half speed to S28.
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


Storyteller extraordinaire

Caelin:

You advance to the edge of the camp. At the far edge of your vision, among the wood piles to the north, you catch the faintest flicker of movement - but then again, it could just be the mists swirling...when you look more closely, you don't see anything but wood.

Caelin advances silently in the underbrush - no sounds or movement from within the camp. Jervaise, you are up. If you move further into the camp, please specify the exact route you take (this goes for all of you).


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Jervaise double moves over to the wood piles to the north, for a closer look.

"Gentlemen, I think there is something over by the wood piles; it might be more of these creatures..."

15' straight ahead, 5' left, and then 20' straight ahead.


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho guides his pony slightly further into the clearing, keeping his bow ready.

From Q29->P28->O27 and readying an attack if anything jumps out of the bushes or otherwise present itself as a clear and present threat.


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Jervaise perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Jervaise reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

T dmg 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 3) = 10
T stealth 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41

Perception:
Taecuss: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Caelin: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Goodluck: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Meycho: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Falling Star: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Aumgwe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Jervaise:

You carefully move along the lumber piles, keeping a watchful eye out for enemies. Suddenly, you hear a sharp cracking sound, and the air around you is filled with sharp splinters. Only your defensive training saves you. Instinctively, you duck and roll, avoiding the barrage of sharp wood. Evasion negates dmg.

As you spring into a crouch, sword in hand, you see a tiny, vaguely humanoid creature that seems to be made completely of bundles of sticks wound with thorny vines sprint from between the two log piles and jump into a bush to the north. There is a rustle, and the creature vanishes from sight. You have no idea what the creature was, but it did not look anything like the splinterwaif you just beat senseless.

All others:

Jerveaise stalks forward, and you lose sight of him behind the crates and logs. Suddenly, you hear a sharp cracking sound, followed by a rusteling and a yell from Jervaise.

Taecuss, do you wish to move, or do you remain where you are?


Drow Wizard (diviner foresight) 1 | HP 9 (9) | Init +3 | Perc +10 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +1 R +2 W +2 |
Resources:
Prescience 8/8, Darkness 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Taecuss will move with Goodluck, ending up in N26. He's maintaining the song for now, uncertain as to why their scouts haven't returned yet.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Both Taecuss and Meycho advance into the camp without spotting any enemies or coming under attack.

Goodluck, your turn - here is what you see: Map


Goodluck steps forward to N19, walking straight ahead. He'll stop there, holding an action to throw his trident if he sees an enemy.


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Goodluck perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

G K(n): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

G att: 1d20 + 8 - 6 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 6 = 21
G dmg: 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (3) = 12

S att: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
S dmg: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + (3, 2) = 10
S stealth: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36

T stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (5) + 22 = 27

Goodluck only:

You carefully stalk through the empty camp. When you move past the middle log pile, you spot a a tiny, vaguely humanoid creature that seems to be made completely of bundles of sticks wound with thorny vines standing to the north about 30 feet away, between the log piles.

You recognize it as a twigjack, another fey with a reputation for evil deeds. Maladjusted protectors of the wood, these malicious fey constantly threaten any attempts to civilize the wild, tormenting intruders in the forest and wreaking havoc on settlers. Twigjacks delight in breaking wagon wheels from expansionists’ caravans, snapping hunters’ bows, and sabotaging isolated cabins and villages. When striking from concealment, twigjacks can cause quite severe damage, and they also have the ability to spit forth a dense cloud of splinters. Even though they are not plants, their twig-like bodies make them vulnerable to fire.

With a great heave, you hurl your trident at the twigjack. Despite the distance, your aim is true, and the trident slams into the tiny creature, obviously causing it a great amount of pain.

At that moment, you feel a sharp pain as a wooden splinter hits you from behind. 10 hp of dmg.

Another splinterwaif bursts from a bush and rushes past you, clambering up the wood pile. You lose sight of it.

Then the twigjack moves, running around the wood piles and dissapearing from sight. You catch the faintest sound of rustling leaves from the bush behind you, where the splinterwaif was hiding. To your amazement, you spot the twigjack now attempting to hide within the bush. You are certain that it is the same one, as it has freshly scorched puncture wounds from your trident.

Meycho and Taecuss:

Goodluck moves forward and seems to spot something to the north, between the wood piles. He hurls his trident, and you hear the sound of impact accompanied by the sharp crackle of electricity, and a high-pitched yelp of pain.

Then suddenly something seems to strike Goodluck, and a thin shape rushes past him. Goodluck looks about him, with a look of confusion on his face.

Caelin and Jervaise:

Goodluck moves forward, out of sight. You hear something being hurled, followed by the sound of impact and the sharp crackle of electricity, and then a high-pitched yelp of pain.

Then Goodluck suddenly cries out.

Caelin, you are next. Here is what you see: Map


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Taking a deep breath, Caelin drops his bow and runs towards the first foe he's laid eyes upon. On the way, he draws his greatsword and raises it high over head. As he arrives next to the creature, he brings it down with all his strength.


OOC and Rolls:

I'm assuming the red-circle guy is an enemy, so I'm going to smack it.
Move: r28, q28, p27, p26, p25
Greatsword PA:1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 (Inspired by Tae and vs. Favored Enemy Fey, -2 PA)
Damage: 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (6, 5) + 19 = 30 (Base +7; Inspired +2, Favored +4, PA +6)

Waste of a great damage roll!



Storyteller extraordinaire

Caelin, that splinterwaif is the one you and Jervaise took out. The red circle marks it as unconscious. You do not currently see any other enemies.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Stupid mist :-) Sorry.

Caelin hears the sounds of battle, but decides to keep on the southern edge of the encampment, hoping to prevent any escape and identify any other hidden dangers. The thick undergrowth made movement difficult, and it was challenging to keep his bow at the ready.

Double move with Stealth: T27, U26, V25, V24
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 +13-5 for >half-speed<full speed.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Caelin:

You move silently through the underbush, Aumgwe perched on your backpack. You do not spot any enemies.

All others:
Caelin moves silently into the undergrowth south of the camp and is quickly hidden by the foliage and mist. No sound is heard.

Abandoned logging camp

Round 1

Ordered Initiative-
Meycho/Falling Star: 26
Goodluck: 20
Twigjacks: 19
Splinterwaif: 19
Caelin/Aumgwe: 18
Jervaise: 13
Taecuss: 7

Terrain Features-
Bushes/Dark green areas: Heavy undergrowth - difficult terrain and 30% concealment.
Lumber piles: 10 ft high.

Notes-
The initiative counts above reflects only the enemies who have shown themselves. Hidden enemies may enter the initiative order in other places, as a result of delay/readied actions.

Active Effects
Bard song: Inspire Courage +2/+2 - 1 round spent

Jervaise is up - here is what you see: Map


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Gripping his sword tightly, Jervaise moves North 10', and peers around. If he does not spot anything, he moves back into the centre of the clearing, and looks for other opponents.

Ending-up in O19, unless he spots something, in which case he will head in that direction.

If he spots something when he goes north, he will move adjacent to it, and take a swing.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32.

+1 Merciful Cold Iron Greatsword: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29, for 2d6 + 16 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 16 + (1) = 20 non-lethal damage.


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

conceal 1d100 ⇒ 100

Jervaise:

You are just about to move north when you spot something moving in a bush to the south-west. It is another of the tiny stick-creatures that spat splinters at you!

Without hesitation, you grip your greatsword tight and charge, swing the blade through the bush with great force. You smack the tiny creature senseless, and it tumbles down to the ground.

Took some liberties based on your perception roll - I'll retcon if you disagree.

Meycho, Goodluck and Taecuss:

You spot Jervaise rush towards a bush in the middle of the camp and swing his sword. He seems to hit what he was aiming for. A tiny creature tumbles senseless to the ground.

Caelin:

You hear the sound of rushing feet, followed by the sound of a blade cutting through branches.

Just to remind everyone - you are allowed to speak out of turn as a free action, as long as you keep it reasonably short.

Taecuss is up - here is what you see: Map
(Jervaise is by the bush south of Goodluck, but the bush besides you is blocking the view.)


Drow Wizard (diviner foresight) 1 | HP 9 (9) | Init +3 | Perc +10 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +1 R +2 W +2 |
Resources:
Prescience 8/8, Darkness 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Move to N20 and keep up the bardic song for now. He will ready an action to trip any enemy that comes into range.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Tae moves, but sees no enemies.

Meycho is up - here is what you see: Map


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho guides his pony further ahead, keeping his bow at the ready.

Move straight to K23, ready attack.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Meycho moves, but sees no enemies.

Goodluck is up - here is what you see. Map


"They are using the undergrowth to travel. Ware the bushes!"

Goodluck will head over to retrieve his trident.


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Goodluck: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Trap att: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 Vs AC 22
Trap dmg: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 1) = 6

Tae trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 vs CMD 12
Tae knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Twigjack 1 splinterspit 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 1) = 12

Reflex saves:
Taecuss: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Jervaise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Splinterspit:
att: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 Vs AC 19
dmg: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + (4, 5) = 13

Goodluck, Jervaise and Taecuss:

As Goodluck moves up between the two stacks of lumber, he suddenly feels his foot catch on something. He barely has time to look down and see a cleverly concealed tripwire of thin vines before the middle pile of lumber comes tumbling down upon him.

Goodluck takes 6 dmg from the trap.

Determined, the Mwangi oracle pushes the fallen logs aside and continues forward towards his trident. Just as he bends down and retrieves his weapon, a large splinter zips past his head, embedding itself in the ground besides him. As he whirls, Goodluck spots a splinterwaif crouched atop the lumber pile he just passed (J18). The evil fey hisses at him and scurries down the opposite side of the stack, out of sight.

Just then, another of the tiny twigjacks jumps out of the bushes on the western edge of the camp and runs towards Taecuss and Jervaise. It does not get far, though, as Taecuss cracks his whip to send the tiny fey tumbling to the ground. It twists and exhales with a sharp cracking noise, sending a cloud of sharp splinters towards the two adventurers. Taecuss manages to get his arms up in front of his face, shielding him from the brunt of the blast, and Jervaise is just out of range, with only a few splinters bouncing harmlessly off his armor.

Taecuss takes 6 dmg. Jervaise barely avoids being hit, thanks to the twigjack being tripped.

Tae only:

You recognize the small creature as a twigjack, another fey with a reputation for evil deeds. Maladjusted protectors of the wood, these malicious fey constantly threaten any attempts to civilize the wild, tormenting intruders in the forest and wreaking havoc on settlers. Twigjacks delight in breaking wagon wheels from expansionists’ caravans, snapping hunters’ bows, and sabotaging isolated cabins and villages.

Meycho and Caelin:

You hear someone move, then a loud clamor as one of the timber piles collapses. Goodluck cries out in surprise and pain. The you hear a few scattered sounds of movement, followed by the sharp crack of Taecuss whip. Moments later, the sound of a lot of tiny wooden objects striking flesh and armor mingle with a yell of pain from Taecuss.

Caelin is up. I will have an updated map up in a bit. In the mean time, let me know how you move, and I'll have the map reflect what you see.

Guys, could you pop over to the Discussion thread for a quick feedback on the combat format.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Gozreh's balls, this mist is making me angry!
Caelin risked giving away his position briefly, calling loudly to the others, "Sound off on what you see, if you're not trying to sneak up on something!
With his sense of irony fully engaged, he did his best to slink away westward from his current position, moving along the southern edge of the camp.


Move and Rolls:

Double Move: V24>>>V19
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 (+13-5 for moving more than half-speed)
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25 (4 less if the creature in question ISN'T fey)


Drow Wizard (diviner foresight) 1 | HP 9 (9) | Init +3 | Perc +10 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +1 R +2 W +2 |
Resources:
Prescience 8/8, Darkness 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Twigjacks working with the splinterwaifs! Watch carefully for boobytraps and ambushes! They may try to mess with your gear, too.

Tae will move to stay with Goodluck and maintain his song. He'll again ready his whip for a trip attack on any enemy that comes into range.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

For the Twigjacks: Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 (Incl. +1 additional Woodcraft bonus for forest, and +4 Favored Enemy, assuming they're fey)


Storyteller extraordinaire

Caelin:

You move further west through the underbrush, but still see no enemies.

You do however know a great deal about Twigjacks. Maladjusted protectors of the wood, these malicious fey constantly threaten any attempts to civilize the wild, tormenting intruders in the forest and wreaking havoc on settlers.

Twigjacks delight in breaking wagon wheels from expansionists’ caravans, snapping hunters’ bows, and sabotaging isolated cabins and villages. When striking from concealment, twigjacks can cause quite severe damage, and they also have the ability to spit forth a dense cloud of splinters. Even though they are not plants, their twig-like bodies make them vulnerable to fire.

A twigjack can travel short distances between brambles, shrubs, or thickets as if via dimension door as part of a move action. The twigjack must begin and end this movement while in an area of at least light undergrowth. The twigjack can travel in this manner up to 60 feet per day.

Caelin's map

The fallen logs cover the entire area between the two southern-most log piles, making this area difficult terrain. The twigjack that Taecuss tripped is currently prone in the middle of the camp. Tae, please let me know if this affects your move.

Taecuss's map


Drow Wizard (diviner foresight) 1 | HP 9 (9) | Init +3 | Perc +10 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +1 R +2 W +2 |
Resources:
Prescience 8/8, Darkness 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Thank you! If I may...

Tae will call over to Jervaise There's one of the wicked fey there! Can you finish it?

He'll ready his action to trip the fey if it gets up.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Not needing to be asked twice, Jervaise charges over to the tripped fey, and whacks at it with his sword!

+1 Merciful Cold Iron Greatsword (not including the bonus for prone): 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 20, for 2d6 + 16 + 2 + 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 16 + 2 + (5) + (3, 2) = 34 non-lethal damage.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Goodluck, Taecuss and Jervaise:

Jervaise rushes forward and smacks the fallen twigjack hard with his greatsword, immediately knocking it out.

Caelin and Meycho:

You hear Jervaise rush forward with a war-cry. A moment later, the sound of steel on wood is followed by a satisfied whoop.

I just realized that Jervaise acts before Taecuss - so it is still Taecuss turn. Sorry about that.


Drow Wizard (diviner foresight) 1 | HP 9 (9) | Init +3 | Perc +10 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +1 R +2 W +2 |
Resources:
Prescience 8/8, Darkness 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

Thanks!

Tae will move next to Jervaise and say Well done, friend. Keep a sharp eye out for more.

Tae will have a ready action to trip any enemy he sees come within range.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Abandoned logging camp

Round 3

Ordered Initiative-
Meycho/Falling Star: 26
Goodluck: 20
Twigjacks: 19
Splinterwaif: 19
Caelin/Aumgwe: 18
Jervaise: 13
Taecuss: 7

Terrain Features-
Bushes/Dark green areas: Heavy undergrowth - difficult terrain and 30% concealment.
Lumber piles: 10 ft high.
Fallen logs (between the two southern log-piles: Difficult terrain.

Notes-
The initiative counts above reflects only the enemies who have shown themselves. Hidden enemies may enter the initiative order in other places, as a result of delay/readied actions.

Active Effects
Bard song: Inspire Courage +2/+2 - 3 round spent

Meycho, your turn - Map


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Where the hell are they!? Meycho exclaims loudly, before wheeling his pony about and riding back towards the center of the clearing.

To O20 by the straight route, still readying an attacking.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Meycho joins the others in the center of the camp, and does not spot any threats.

Goodluck - here is your Map


Storyteller extraordinaire

Goodluck, you out there?


Sorry, 20 hours of traveling in two days for a couple of job interviews. Back now...

Goodluck will move to I-13, readying an attack action in case of ambush.


Storyteller extraordinaire

No worries, Goodluck. Hope the interviews went well. I figured there was a good chance some of you were at PaizoCon anyway.

GM rolls:

Goodluck perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Splinterwaif stealth 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33

Goodluck att 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Dmg 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (5) = 10

Bramble att 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Grab 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 vs CMD 23
Dmg 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Constrict 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Meycho Att: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Meycho Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Twigjack Splinterspit 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 5) = 10

Reflex saves vs DC 14:
Meycho: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Falling Star: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Horse: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Goodluck:

You advance into the underbrush, keeping a careful eye out for the splinterwaif. The underbrush is difficult terrain, so you can't make it all the way to I-13

Just as you push yourself through a patch of brushes, you hear a noise behind you. You whirl to see the spinterwaif rise up from an abandoned cart you just passed. You hurl your trident, but the nimble fey dodges easily. It then gestures at the stump besides you, and a thorny bramble vine rises up and takes a swipe at you, but fails to penetrate your icy armor. The splinterwaif then jumps down off the wagon and moves into flanking position with the animated plant. The thorn bramble is marked in yellow

As you fend of the splinterwaif and the bramble, shooting a wistful glance at your trident lying in the back of the cart, you hear the twang of a bow, followed by the now familiar sound of splinterspit and the cries of pain from both man and animal.

Everyone else:

You hear Goodluck move in the undergrowth somewhere to the north, then a surprised yell and the sound of struggle.

Then a twigjack jumps from the bushes to the east, near where you entered the camp, and runs towards the group at the center of the camp. Meycho is ready, and puts an arrow in the twigjack before it makes it all the way, but it keeps coming, stopping a dozen feet from you. It the exhales another deadly splinterspit, covering Meycho, his mount and his animal companion in splinters. 4 dmg to Meycho, his horse and Falling Star.

Caelin and Aumgwe are up - here is what you see: Map. Note: You have line-of-sight to the twigjack in O-23, but it has cover relative to you.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin sees the twigjack scurrying forward and swings his bow around. Got to shoot 'em when you see 'em he breaths to himself as he takes two quick shots.


Full Attack:

Rolls are +2 inspired and +4 vs. Favored enemy. They get a +4 to AC vs. the shots for cover. I'll also roll for concealment, because I think that applies in the mist beyond 5ft? First arrow is a +1 Shock, the second just a plain +1.

First attack from MW Longbow:
Concealment (if needed): 1d100 ⇒ 13
Shot: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 and 1d6 electricity

Second attack:
Concealment (if needed): 1d100 ⇒ 80
Shot: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

No movement for me.



Storyteller extraordinaire

Visibility in the mist is normal out to 20 ft, concealment (20% miss chance) from 20-40 ft, and total concealment (50% miss chance) at 40+

Goodluck:

You hear two rapid twangs of a bow and the sound of an arrow impacting on wood.

Everyone else:

From his cover in the woods, Caelin sends two arrows at the tiny stick-figure fey. The first one flies wide, Caelin's aim obstructed by the mists, but the second one finds its mark. The tiny fey staggers, but does not fall.

Jervaise is up - here is what you see. MAP - Oh, Meycho and Caelin, don't forget about your animal companions. If you don't specify any actions for them, I will default them to guarding you.


Male Half-Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue (Scout/Thug) 4 / Steel Falcon 2 / Chevalier 1

Spotting yet another enemy, Jervaise moves up to the tiny fey, and clobbers it into unconsciousness!

+1 Merciful Cold Iron Greatsword: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 = 36
Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 30, for 4d6 + 40 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 1) + 40 + (3) = 55 non-lethal damage.

...Oops! Even doing non-lethal damage, that might actually accidentally kill the wee beast...


Storyteller extraordinaire

Yup, he's dead, Jim. Playing a game of The Stars are Right with my girlfriend and sister-in-law tonight. Update tomorrow. Taecuss, feel free to post your action. You can look at Jervaise's map above. Not much have changed.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator

Caelin saw Jervaise emerge from the mist and scatter the twigjack across the camp. He made a silent gesture of congratulations and respect with his fist.
Just twigs now, eh, you little blighter? Now, were are the rest of you?


Storyteller extraordinaire
Caelin Nyndel wrote:

Caelin saw Jervaise emerge from the mist and scatter the twigjack across the camp. He made a silent gesture of congratulations and respect with his fist.

Just twigs now, eh, you little blighter? Now, were are the rest of you?

Goodluck might have a good idea where some of them are....just sayin'.


hp 79/79, AC 24/19/15, CMD 29, F: +11, R: +14, W: +12, init: +5, per: +15 Elf Ranger Infiltrator
GM JaceDK wrote:
Goodluck might have a good idea where some of them are....just sayin'.

If only I knew where Goodluck was!


Storyteller extraordinaire

Yeah, that the trick, ain't it. You know who to blame for the mist. I won't have access to the laptop where I keep the maps until very late tonight, so you may have to wait a bit for he next update. Taecuss can still post his action using Jervaise's last map though.


Drow Wizard (diviner foresight) 1 | HP 9 (9) | Init +3 | Perc +10 | AC: 16 T: 12 FF: 14 CMD: 12 | F +1 R +2 W +2 |
Resources:
Prescience 8/8, Darkness 1/1, Dancing Lights 1/1, Faerie Fire 1/1

To Jervaise, Tae will say Don't be alarmed my friend, but I'm going to try a trick to see if I can find these foes...

Tae will cast Alter Self, taking on the form of a bugbear. Once the transformation is complete, he'll close his eyes and raise his head, focusing on the scents in the area.

Bugbears have the Scent ability. I'm hoping it will help here.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Taecuss:

As soon as the magic alters your body, your nose is assailed by a hundreds of different new smells that you were unable to detect before. You clearly pick up the characteristic scent of Goodluck's barnacle-covered flesh as well as a sour wooden smell of Splinterwaif from somewhere to the north.

Meycho and Falling Star are up. Here is your MAP


Male Halfling Inquisitor 8

Meycho carefully guides his pony past the fallen timber, his bow still at the ready.

To G19, ready attack.

351 to 400 of 2,032 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JaceDK's Realm of the Fellnight Queen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.